Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wildlands (rskde & BurningWillows)

5857a2c3ab7d0c89c954a4129729e799.png

Kyle wakes up with a jolt, his hand finding his sidearm holster before he sees Rosaline. "Oh.. Hi." He says to her awakwardly. "I think this is the men's barracks." He says with a laugh, sitting back on his bed and leaning against the wall with a yawn.

"Is there anything you need?" He asks her, rubbing the back of his head as he speaks.

173a3820273c8e8db056b70158e52748.jpg

She rubbed her hair, batting her lashes as she spoke, "Not really Wetsworth. I mean, I had this plan when I got here and now I'm just nervous. I had something I wanted to talk to you about.

She bit her lip, running her hands over each other, "I wanted to say thank you -for one- for all the help and training out on patrol. And I just wanted to say that...uh..."

Rosaline paused, her cheeks heating. Then without warning she turned and leaned forward, pressing her lips into his, one hand pushing into the bed to keep her steady, the other touching his cheek softly, to lengthen the kiss.

summer-glau-hot-28331322_zpsracoltga.jpg

Arya was settled. She'd go to the barracks and talk to him tonight. was where she headed now, redressed and striding with purpose towards the men's quarters, knowing where he slept. She just needed to explain things. Kyle loved her, and he probably just didn't realize what he was saying was making her jealous. Yeah, that makes sense. Just walk in and chat openly about it. It's not like there is anything going on...

She stopped, and it felt like the whole world had stopped to. Her mouth hung open, her eyes refusing to tear away as she watched the man she was engaged to kiss another woman. And not just any woman. Farner.

Her heart broke, tearing down the middle and the only sound that came out of her was a broken sob, tears pooling in her eyes as she took a step back, ready to flee.

When she leans forward alarm bells go off in his head, a second after she kissed him he is pushing her away. He moves back on the bed, looking at her. "Farner.. Really, I'm sorry and.. Flattered? But I'm engaged already." He says to her, not noticing Arya behind him.

"I shouldn't even be making friends out on patrol, and I also have.. Boundaries, this is our job you can't be doing this kind've stuff." He says to her before standing, turning and seeing Arya, his face forming an apologetic look.

173a3820273c8e8db056b70158e52748.jpg

Farner looked embaressed, her eyes looking away as her cheeks flamed, "I'm sorry Corporal. I read the signs wrong. You were being so nice to me and I thought...well I'll leave."

She stands up too, seeing Arya and Kyle looking at each other and decides its best to leave, turning and exiting out the other entrance, knowing better than to stick around.

Arya took one look at his face and felt like she'd been punched in her stomach.

"Is that why you wanted me gone so badly?" she snapped, uncaring if some of the other soldiers heard, "Is that why you kept asking me to change stations or stay in the states? So you can hook up with girls behind my back? Fuck you Kyle."

Turning on her heel she bolted from the barracks, careful not to arouse suspicion and flat out run. She kept her walk brisk and quick, trying to keep from sobbing until she got to her own private quarters.

You leave tomorrow. You leave and you don't have to see him again. But that's not what I want. I wanted to be happy. Not this, I never wanted this.

Getting to her quarters she collasped on the bed, her heart seized like someone was squeezing the life from it, tears falling silently down her cheeks.

He clicks his tongue and orders Max to stay put before walking after her, standing in the door of her private quarters.

"Did you not see me turn her down? I didn't even kiss her, she advanced on me." He says to her from across the room. "You didn't even give me a chance to explain.." He says softly, resting his head on the doorframe of her tent.

"Arya, let me explain, please." He says to her.

"I don't want an explanation," she sighed, "I got plenty enough listening to you go on and on about how much you like her today. You know how that feels? Hearing another woman is making you smile, when you don't even want me out on the field with you."

She rolled over so she faced the wall, hiding her tears, "It doesn't matter Kyle. I'm moving to Germany tomorrow. They accepted me. You got your wish."

"Arya I don't want you in the field because I don't want you getting hurt, I don't give a flying fuck if Rosaline were to get shot, but if I saw you hurt I'd be devastated.." He says to her while walking over to her.

"I'm glad that you're going to Germany, I'll call you on my laptop when I come back from patrol." He says while kneeling down next to her, staring at her back as he speaks. "But if you're leavign tomorrow we ought to spend the last night together.."

"I'll gladly be the one doing the shooting," she grumbled unhappily, "Shoot that perfect smile off her face."

Arya wasn't happy in the slightest, "I won't have access to any computers, I only have my phone and it doesn't take video calls. It's best you phone me, if that is what you wish. But we can't spend the night together Kyle. Like you say all the time, it's unsafe."

Not that its safe for you to be kissing girls in the barracks, but you did that too. Fuck I hate her.

He listens to her words. "I don't care if it's unsafe, fuck them." He says to her.

"Arya, I honestly need to know where you stand on this, are you still with me? You haven't given me an answer, I already apologized, I didn't know that trying to make a friend would end up with her trying to get into my pants, but I also didn't know you would get jealous.. But Im yours. Forever." He says to her softly.

"Can you give me a second chance? I want to stay with you tonight, it's not like they're going to check on you in the morning." He says to her.

She turned and looked at him, his eyes red and puffy, "You don't get how it feels. To see the person you love, kissing some girl prettier than you, and then trying to explain to yourself how your fiance could still want only you."

She rubbed the tears away, "We aren't over Kyle. I'm just...hurt."

She wiggled over to give him room on the bed, pulling the covers over herself, "Since you will refuse to leave my quarters I'm sure, you might as well get comfortable. I guess."

He lays down next to her and wraps his arms around her. "I'm sorry Arya..." He whispers to her, burying his face into her neck and sighing. "Please forgive me.."

He can feel tears welling up in his eyes, she was starting to hurt him, she seemed so detached.. He is apologetic, what is he doing wrong? He even told her that Rosaline meant nothing to him.. Though she was a helluva kisser, but he didn't say that out loud.

She turned in his arms so she was facing him, her eyes closed so she could hide the hurt.

"I've never put myself out there this emotionally for a person, and I feel stomped on Kyle. I believe that your sorry, and I'm sure I can eventually forgive. Just...not tonight. Tonight I can't even swallow what I saw without crying. Please, just let me sleep. We can start fresh in the morning."

He nods to her. "Alright, goodnight.." He whispers to her as he falls asleep, his head resting against hers as he does so.

However, he wakes in the middle of the night, leaving the tent and returning to his own barracks where he gives Max a soft pat on the head before laying down on his cot and falling asleep again, his hand resting on Max's head while he sleeps.

When Arya woke in the morning she was surprised to find Kyle gone. It stung a little that he had snuck out, but there was nothing she could do about it. Instead, she packed up her tent, leaving it bare before heading out to the airstrip, waiting for the plane to land and grab her. As much as they fought, she had hoped to say goodbye before she left, but he hadn't been there when she woke, and the plane came early, so she had no time to track him down. Instead she simply sent him a text, telling him that she loved him, and wished he'd been there to say good bye. The jealous part of her prayed he hadn't gone to Rosaline, but the more loyal side had to trust he had some reason to sneak away.

And then she was off, flying to Germany.

61932347fb5812958077395ca18f5a70.jpg

They had to spend a night or two back in the apartment when they first arrived back in the States, and in those two nights Serena had never felt more miserable, the effects she had spoke of plain and obvious now. After that, both of them agreed to move immediatly, wanting her out of the horrible state of mind. They moved in to the small town of Chester, a petite miltary town that Serena felt they'd both fit into well. There was a doctor in town too who she got in touch with, one that was both female, and a lot less creepy than Jordan. Serena hoped to get herself back on track with her, as well as take care of herself for the baby's sake.

As for telling everyone, they hadn't gotten the chance to speak to Arya or Kyle, but she had invited Kat and Kevin over for dinner on saturday, giving them a week to unpack their new house. Between the two of them they easily covered the mortage and expenses, and even got all new furniture, making sure Serena wouldn't have any episodes caused by old remnants of her life.

handsome-man-with-beard-smiling.jpg

Alex and Serena go to see the doctor in Chester, deciding to see if the baby is a girl or a boy.. To their surprise there are two babies.. A boy and a girl.

Alex can't contain his excitement at the sight of the two inside of her womb, a grin on his face that cannot be broken.

While Alex is practically vibrating with joy, Serena has her concerns. Mostly about how hard it would be carrying twins, and the steps she'd need to manage. The doctor pulled her into another room to take a few blood samples and speak to her, but the conversation quickly turned in a unforseen manner.

"I checked your records Serena and I know about the...incident," Dr. Tosh explained, looking sympathetic, "I assume the man outside is your husband?"

"Fiance yes. Why?"

"Well the children were concepted about five to six weeks ago, around the time you ended up in the hospital and some tests were done, in which it was concluded you were-"

"Raped," Serena finished, looking scared, "There is a possiblity these children are my rapist's?"

"Yes. However we can run tests."

"Please, please do."

When she left the doctor and food Alex she looked less than excited, wanting to tell him when they were alone. Once they got into the car she told him calmly, explaining as the doctor had. It was more likely than not that Alex was the father, but there was that doubt until the tests came back of who was the true farther.

He sighs when he hears the news, leaning against the wall. "What do we do if they're Jordan's?" He asks her. "We need a plan for this.. Just in case.. Unless you don't want to speak of it, which. I am completely understand." He says to her.

Serena~

She took his hand, seeing the doubt and worry the mirrored her worries in his eyes

"We wait for the test to come back. I'm sure it's yours Alex. You the only man in this world I want."

He nods before pulling her into a tight hug. "No matter what happens, I love you." He whispers to her, fighting against the tears that are welling up in his eyes over this whole ordeal.

They leave the doctors office and head back to their home as the day was becoming night, both of them still anxious about the tests that are coming in.

Alex walkscinto the bedroom and pulls his shirt and pants off, deciding to sleep in his underwear for the night.

Serena retires for the night too, and in the morning they are called back to get blood samples from Alex. A week later while Alex is at work and she's working on a project she gets the call they've both been waiting for. Getting off the phone with a small thank you she calls Alex, hoping he's not on call and is near his phone.

It had been a week at her new station, and its much more intense. Not only has she not had time to call Kyle, she's barely slept except on breaks, squeezing in naps as to not get over tired. The most she's sent to Kyle was a text telling him she landed safely, and after that its been sparingly, mostly texting him back when she sees his calls, apologizing and telling him she'd call later. But later has yet to come.

Finally on Sunday she got two hours of uninterrupted peace, sleeping for most of it, then preparing to call him. But even as she dialed her pager went off, with 911 dancing across the screen.

"Shit," leaving her phone on her bed she raced off, knowing it could mean nothing good.

Alex had been working out, groaning as he pushes his muscles to their limits. He heads his phone go off and he drops the weights, grabbing it while still laying on the bench press, answering it.

"What's up, beautiful?" He asks over the phone, using his free hand to dry the sweat from his face with a rag next to him.

"It's yours!" she practically cheers it over the phone, the emotion brimming in her voice, "Baby you are the father. I am pregnant with our twins. Ours."

Arya rushed into the room, looking at the scene before her. A soldier was strapped to a gurney, bleeding profusely.

"Doctor Culling we need you!" Dr. Good called her over, a nurse on one side and him on the other, beckoning her.

"What happened?" she asked, rushing forward, "We need to stop this bleeding."

He nodded, "Three soldiers just arrived, only one of them was conscious and he said their mission was highly confidential. We don't know but it looks like this man got attacked or mauled by dogs. We need to stop the internal bleeding."

She pulled on gloves and got to work, the three of them working hastily to save the man's life.

Alex practically jumps. "Oh my god! That's great news baby, Im so happy.." He says over the phone, sitting up and nearly hitting his head on the bar. Alarms go off in the station. "Baby, I gotta go on call.. I love you." He says to her before turning off the call.

He jogs to the lockers and gets his gear on, strapping his rifle to his back. He opens his locker to grab his helmet, staring at his picture of Serena in his locker before closing it. He jumps into the truck with the rest of the team.

"Briefing time gentlemen, we've got reports of a drug deal going down, one of our detectives is getting ready to bust these guys, we're on the call." The team leader says.

They arrive on scene and Alex closes his eyes, muttering to himself. While he isn't exactly a religious man, the fact that he is about to get shot at and he has his fiancé with two kids on the way waiting for him is incentive to reach out.

He grabs his Glock 18 from his side and goes with the rest of the team, running out of the car and going around to a shady motel, yelling for the men to get down. It takes a split second for shots to erupt from the building behind them, Alex feels as if his breath has been knocked from him, and them he's on the ground, coughing.

He takes a breath, an excruciating amount of pain suddenly hitting his back, he turns and sees a man standing over him. Alex raises his gun and fires every bullet into the man, the body slumping on to him before his pistol falls to the ground, leaving him coughing on the ground and in pain.

She's halfway through the procedure when a man in a hazmat suit charges in, shutting the door.

"Sir, what's going on?" the nurse asks, all of them looking at him.

"You've been exposed," he stated, his voice warbled through the suit, "We need to quartine this room and the whole hall, until we can understand what the effects will be. All rooms will be locked."

Turning he leaves, locking it behind him.

"We, we are exposed?" the nurse looked frightened.

"Focus," Arya snapped, "We save this man first, then worry about exposure. We can't let the man die!"

Dr. Good nodded, buckling under as the nurse shook beside them but helped. In half an hour they were done, and the man was alive and stable. For the rest of them though, a bigger problem was rising. They were locked in quarantine now, and from the look of the man she just saved, they're luck had run out.

Alex feels a hand on his vest and he's being pulled, a pistol shoved into his hands as he looks up at the enemy in front of him. He raises the pistol and half heartedly fires once, another shot hitting him, this time tearing through his vest and nailing him, forcing him to cough out blood.

He fires again, another shot hits him, but stays in the vest, forcing more blood into his clothing. He gets dragged around a corner and into an ambulance.

A call goes out to Serena about the location of her wounded fiance.

Back
Top Bottom