Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Rule of the Church is Absolute (me and Fogu_s_Tofu)

She nodded and said "Yes I have, while you were sleeping...don't worry about me, eat, and get some of your strength back" she told him.

He nodded taking a bite of the bread. "it's good to hear." He said when she finnished talking. He would have insisted her to eat if she hadn't already done so. "would you tell whoever cooked this, that they did a splended job."

Rosetta smiled and said "I believe that was the healer, I'll pass on the message" she said with a happy smile.

Aischylos smiled and continued eating. he felt like he'd not eaten in a month. He didn't just want to sit in silence so he looked up at her. "So what hobbies do you have?" he had no idea what to aske, so he figured he'd start off on what she liked.

Rosetta looked at him and seemed to blink a couple of times when henspoke if hobbies. "well I have never had much time for hobbies, I suppose thay would include sowing, knitting, cooking...things like that"

"Gardening." He added, remembering the vegatables she was selling. "Hobbies with a profitable result. Such an enjoyable way to work." He smiled. "I draw, paint. I also have very little time, and the father, he destroyed most of my work." A frown came upon his face. "I guess it showed too much of what he wished to forget."

Rosetta looked at him and she nodded and said " Thats a shame" she said showing sympathy in her voice. Rosetta looked at him and said "Perhaps one day you will be able to paint and not have them burned" she said softly.

"Perhaps when I'm old and grey. If I'm lucky, maby after we elude these lunatics." He pointed back to the city they'd left. "Then I could practice, maybe sell a few to buy me a nice home, with a little land." He'd left much of his savings in the building where they took shelter, only bringing what would suffice. "Do odd jobs to fill out the rest of the payment." this man certainly had dreams, simple though they were.

"It's good to see your thinking towards the future instead of wallowing in for misfortunes now, it means you still have hope" she said smiling. She looked at him and said "Are you in any pain?" she asked him softly.

He mulled over her words a moment before her question brought him around. "Oh, a, it's nothing i can't handle. Just tender and stiff." Rosetta's face filled his view as he looked at her while he spoke. "As for hope, it's all I've got left."

Rosetta nodded and said "If you a feeling better tomorrow, we should probably leave, we should not linger here for to much longer" she said softly.

"I agree. We're too close to the city." He set aside everything, he felt better with the little food he'd eaten, but he couldn't eat more. "The people here won't hold out long in the face of the church's goons. I think for now a place to get away to, somewhere not as populated." He raked through the places he'd seen, somewhere they could lay low while he recouped. A hunters hut, or farm house, somewhere away from a well traveled road.

Rosetta looked at him and she nodded. She got up and walked around looking at the shelves. Whilst she looked she spotted a map and brought it down. "This might help us" she said opening it up.

Aischylos stood and made his way over to her. "A map." Truely it was helpful, there were a few roads he'd not been down, always one to take the direct approach to everything. "Any ideas of where you would like to go?" He honestly didn't care, all he needed was a place to defend once the guards found them.

"Well theres a small village over hear...theres also a cave here..or we could continue onto the next major town" she said

He thought out the scenerios, deciding on a bargain.

"Well, the cave will be a nice way point, take some supplies for the trip, maybe stay a night at the cave. After, we head to the city. I happen to know that if we keep ourselves hidden from the main streets, we could blend in with the traveling merchants here. I've had to root out a few of my old targets, most of the young enforcers don't know about this trick yet. The merchants would also be most likely to aide us in and out of the city walls as we need."

Her little discovery ended up being a great help, much more important, that it showed a local's knowlange of the land, something an outsider wouldn't know.

Elise looked at him and nodded and said "That's fine with me" she said agreeing. She put the map away into her pack and sat back down and waited for him to finish eating. She looked around for the moment before she looked down a little thinking about a few things. She looked back at him and her mind began to wonder about what would have happened to her had he decided not to save her.

By now he felt he'd eaten all he could handle. Moving the food to the side of the table he stood. "That was good." He looked over his wounds, curious about them before he started to get around the room, looking at what little there was. "When do you wish to leave?" He asked.

He nodded. "Alright." He made his way to the door and opened it, stepping aside he motioned. "After you." He bowed the little bit his wounds allowed as gentlemanly as ever. He was clearly ready to go.

Rosetta nodded and walked out of the home, thanking the healer for her work before they began to walk down the road. She looked at him and said "We won't move to quickly till your fully healed" she said softly.

Aischylos nodded in agreement. "That's why I'd much rather we move now." He wanted to have time to build up any defences they would need, probably even seek out any opposition to the church for assistance. "When we get to our destination, i promis i will take it easy."

Rosetta looked at him and said "Alright". She sighed a little and began to walk a little faster down the road, doing as he asked. She looked at him and said "Don't push your self...if you need to stop later, we can"

Her concern moved him. "Maddam, you shall have my word that i will stop if i need too." He smiled and slowed a little so she could catch up. he hadn't noticed he was walking as fast as he had been.

Rosetta looked at him and smiled and said "No ones ever called me Maddam" she said with a smile on her face and began to catch up to him.

Back
Top Bottom