Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Rule of the Church is Absolute (me and Fogu_s_Tofu)

He shifted on the seat untill he was comfortable then answered her question. "I'm fine Rosetta." It hurt and the bleeding had slowed, but he was far from fine. he felt ill and hungry. He wasn't about to admit that. "So what town are you heading too?" They were asked as the man got the horses going again. "It doesn't matter. We just need to get north. We're travelers, going where we please." he clearly wasn't up for this, but he had hoped that the couple letting them ride would take his word.

Rosetta looked at him. She put down her pack and opened it up and handed him a piece of bread and said "you should eat something". She hoped that the couple would not be suspicious of them becouse they really had no destination in mind.

He took the bread and gave her a smile. He was feeling tired, but food overpowered the sleepy feeling. "Thank you, Rosetta."

Aischylos nodded to Rosetta. He definetly needed too, but was afraid to try without an experienced healer. "I think I'll just lie down." He finnished the bread and stretched out on the cart pulling a rolled blanket in as a pillow. Now lying at her feet he looked up. The sun behind her reminding him of the angels in paintings. He gave her a smile then rested fully. "

Rosetta nodded to him. She was no healer so she couldn't help him very much besides making him comfortable. Rosetta kept an eye on him as they continued to travel in the carriage.

A bump in the road awoke Aischylos. He didn't know how long he'd slept, but it was definetly later in the day. His eyes quickly fell on Rosetta and he smiled. He ached and yet a fear made him want to sit up. He obviously hand't gotten much better, though it did seem some of the bleeding had stopped or slowed. "How are you?" He asked of his traveling companion. "How long was I sleeping?"

Rosetta looked at him and said "A few hours...the next town in and hour away...should we get off when we get there?" she asked him softly. She moved down and helped him drink some water. "Do you want something more to eat?" she asked him.

The water was welcome, though he drank just enough to wet his mouth. She asked if he wanted something to eat he shook his head. "No thank you." getting back to the other topic hel looked up at her. "Yes, we should get off there. No need in bothering these kind people any more than we have."

Rosetta looked and him and she nodded and said "Alright...I'll let them know" she said softly. She stood and she told the people of where they would be parting. They nodded and Rosetta thanked them for the kindness. She returned to him and looked down at the blood and she bit her lower lip worried. The hour passed and the carriage stopped. She helped Aischylos out of the carriage and thanked their hosts again and she looked at him and and said "Lets find you a healer" she said and helped him walk through the town.

Aischylos thanked them as well, leaving a small gift hidden in thier things. Rosetta helped him down and to walk. He didn't mind the help walking, but as they walked he started to stand a little firmer on his own two feet. "A healer, yes. It would be nice to get some proper treatment." He knew this town, passing through it many times before. He'd never given them any trouble so he was happy to be here.

Rosetta walked through the town with him and they quickly found a healer. She lied and said they had been attacked by bandits on their travels. The healer quickly got to work on Aischylos, cleaning his wounds and putting on healing slaves before stitching his wounds and bandaging him.

As the healer finished, he tried to sit up and she stopped him. "Rest now." He nodded and the woman left the room. He looked to Rosetta. "Thank you for the help." The burning sensation of the salve and odd feeling of the stiches was quite uncomfortable, he'd never had this much of either all at once. He lay his head back and closed his eyes, a headache forming along with a dizzy feeling.

Rosetta looked at him and smiled and said "That alright" she said with a smile. She looked at him and said "You should rest like she says" she said, as he closed his eyes. She smiled and ran a hand through his hair trying to comfort him.

He nodded and drifted into a dreamy daze. The feeling of her hand through his hair was oddly comforting. He'd never had been treated like this before and it was a welcome feeling. "Please wake me after a while." He asked as he lay there waiting for sleep to over take him.

Rosetta nodded and said "Alright I will" she said and continued to run her hand through his hair till he fell asleep.

Her words were the last thing he heard clearly before he drifted off. Not long after images of a horrible past flashed in no particular order before his sleeping eyes. Much of which troubled the man. Everything was floating in crimson pools, seperated by swaths of red, or tinted with the rustic hue of blood on glass. He saw things he wished not too, men, women and children hanging from ropes. Headless corpses. Fighting and fire.

After a while it got to him and he stirred violently in his sleep. Aischylos began kicking and strugling in the light blanket. If he were not covered he might have hit someone.

Rosetta watched over him as he slept, making sure he slept for awhile. Her attention was brought to him when he began to stir and move violently in his bed. She cautiously moved up to him and shook him a little roughly, trying to wake him up. When he did not wake, she moved her hand back and slapped him on the face hoping that would rouse him.

At the slap he went rigid and his eyes burst open. As he saw where he was he relaxed into the bed. His stinging face was no matter as he looked up at her. "Thank you." He was clearly glad that he was awake. He'd never dreamed like that before, and most of the stuff he'd done without it bothering him before. He sat up and looked at her again. "I do believe that I am done resting now." The adrenaline keeping him from feeling tired.

Rosetta looked at him as he awoke. She nodded when he thanked her and she looked at him as he spoke. "are you sure...we cold stay here for awhile longer if you need to" she told him. She looked down at him and she pulled out a cloth and wiped the sweat away from his forehead and said "did you have a bad dream?" she asked him.

He leaned away from the cloth some, he didn't really feel like having it against him. He stopped though and let her wipe his forehead once he saw what it was for. "Yes, the first one in a long time. Since I was a child really." He looked over the bandages once she was done. "I agree with you, staying here would be a good idea. No use me leaving the healer before she can assess my well being. That, and it will give us time to really rest. After all the running today and a bumpy cart ride."

Rosetta nodded and she put the cloth down and said "I'm glad you have agreed to stay here with out to much of a fight" she told him. "Are you hungry? The healer left you some food" she told him.

He shook his head. "A little." He wiped his eyes, sweat having run into them.
He started to move but the dull ache in his body became quite pronounced. He stilled and looked to Rosetta. "Could you hand it to me please?"

Rosetta nodded and she stood and picked up the tray of food from the table and brought it to him. On the tray was a bowl of soup, it was still warm, along with some salted meats, bread and some cheese. "Do you need help?" she asked the wounded man.

"thank you." He said as she handed him the tray. She asked if he needed help and he shook his head no as he took a bite of bread. "I'm fine, thank you." He took another bite and dipped it in the soup. He paused and looked to her. "Have you eaten?" He asked.

Back
Top Bottom