Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Spectacular Spider Man (Naomi David X MysteriousD)

RE: Spider Man! (Naomi David X MysteriousD)

"Yeah, I was raised here in New York," Peter said to her. He wondered why she didn't remember her past and over a year of superheroing meant something might have been up. "I really didn't know my parents all that well. When I was barely a toddler, my parents gave me to my aunt and uncle to raise me. I guess I never really bothered to ask why though," Peter confessed as he wondered more about what happened to his folks.

"My Aunt May and Uncle Ben raised me here until..." Peter bit his lip. He sighed before he worked up the courage. He forgave the man who inadvertably shot his uncle and more importantly, he forgave himself for his own involvement. "My Uncle Ben was killed in an accident and Aunt May's been taking care of me and me tkaing care of her since," he said.

"I've got tattoos. Real ones. Barely caused a blip on my parents radar." she spoke with a note of bitterness. She wanted their attention. All they really seemed to do was ignore her. Sure they signed her permission slips and crap, but it was more of a thing to make her go away. If they ignored her so much, it made her wonder why they even bothered to have a child. "If you gain enough of my trust, I'll show you were they are." she spoke with an air of jesting. With looks like his, it was a miracle she didn't see a girl or two hanging on his arm. Maybe if she was lucky enough... She spoke,"Least you got folks who pay attention to you. I keep getting this feeling like I'm an embarrassment, something to hide away, from my folks... Sorry, I'm whining." She had them on her arms, legs... And other places.

Peter chuckled at her jest before looking at her. "I know what you mean. Norman Osborn was the same to Harry. Always trying to push him to be more like him, but really didn't give a damn. Ms. Osborn always kinda seemed to be distant. Never was sure what her deal was," Peter said as he recalled his best friend. Ms. Osborn was always mysterious. She rarely spoke and he only had one conversation with her in all of his friendship with Harry. It bothered him just how unaware he was of his friend's situation and how it affected him. Had he noticed sooner, perhaps alot of fights could have been unavoided...

Well, hindsight was 20/20...

That was a fact of life.

"Don't worry about it. If you want, you can ask my Aunt May if you can hang around. She'd appreciate the help," he said to her

"Only time I can hang around is after work and school, but I like the idea. Be nice to feel useful, to feel wanted." she spoke, smiling, glad she had work off today. Guess the higher ups assumed she was working too hard and gave her the day off. She was saying,"Vegetarian or not? That way my folks know what to cook." Another flash of memory... She had a wicked cut on her left hand, but as soon as it ran under water, the cut closed up and healed, like it was never there, only showing a shiny pink scar... Maybe that explained the faded scar on her left palm. But water didn't instantly heal cuts... Did it?

Peter kept on walking as he was looking around the area while leading Clary back to their homes. It wasn't a particularly long walk, but it was still a nice relaxing moment for our web-slinging hero. They eventually arrived at their place.

"See you tonight," Peter told her before he entered inside his house and embraced his Aunt May. Ever since her heart attack months ago, he was more worried about her than before. He didn't like to dwell on what would happen when the day would come when she would have to depart from the mortal coil.

"Welcome home Peter. By the way, I was talking to the neighbors today. They have a daughter about your age and we're meeting them tonight later so we can get to know them," May Parker said, unaware her nephew already knew.

"Okay Aunt May," he said to her with a smile before going to his room and took out the costume. He looked at it with a solemn look before checking on the web shooters.

It was a nice relaxing walk with Peter, he was a good listener as she talked, that was always a nice trait to have, so she was very pleased with that, for listeners were patient. She waved good bye to him as she got home. Unexpectedly, her parents were working, ignoring her, or so zoned in that they didn't notice her as she locked up the house and made her way to her room for homework. Finishing it was simple enough.

Peter Parker was looking over his homework and he finished it diligently. While he was double-checking everything was all right, he was also ensuring his webshooters were optimal and his costume was doing well. Eventually, he noticed the clock was six o clock in the evening.

"Hey Aunt May, what time did you say the neighbors were coming over?" Peter asked his Aunt.

"They should be here in about 10 minutes, Peter," Aunt May answered back as the spell of deliciously cooked food was in the air. Peter made his way down and helped set the table as he waited for Clary to arrive with her folks.

Clary was doing her best to look her best. No make up, of course, she hated the stuff unless it was for something of the utmost importance. But that didn't mean she couldn't play with her hair. She had it in a bun. She was wearing a soft, pale blue turtle neck with white dress pants. She was still cranky. The folks made time for the neighbors but not her. She swore that once she had children, they'd get all the love and attention they needed. She wore black heels as well. An over all beautiful look, a look that belonged on fashion magazines. Her parents wore their best, as always, and they made their way next door, where Clary knocked on the Parker house door.

Peter had been told by his Aunt May to wash up. He decided, why not, it would certainly be something fun to do and he might as well look his best for this. He ended up wearing something a bit nicer before he heard the knocking. He was wearing a suit that Harry ended p getting him. He wore it a few times, once to the school dance with Mary-Jane and then rhe funeral when they thought Norman Osborn was dead among a few other events.

His Aunt was dressed nicely for the event. She went in and opened the door to let the family end. Peter smiled and formally reintroduced himself to Clary. He couldn't help but admit to himself on how nice she looked.

"Nice to meet you," he said to her parents before guiding Clary and her family to the table and pulling the chair for her like a gentleman

She looked rather like the Ice Queen, the light colored clothing Clary wore complimented her. The pale blue and white complimented her eyes, skin color, and hair very well. Just about anything she wore would make her look good. She was one of those people who had the gift... And when she saw what Peter was wearing, that very nice suit... He looked great! Peter's Aunt looked like a nice woman. Polite... Motherly was the vibe she got. For once, her parents didn't seem like robots as they greeted everybody. She smiled prettily at Peter as he pulled out the chair for her. She spoke so low, in a voice only he could hear,"Nice suit. What else ya got, James Bond?" Of course, what she wore now was nothing compared to the prom dress she had in her closet, white and light blue, like this, but had a shimmery look about it... She'd look like a fairy tale Queen.

Petet chuckled at her joke. "Nah, Harry got met this a while back," he said. "First time I wore was back during a Fall formal last year," he mentioned to her. The grown-ups seem to be doing all right talking. While the food was being passed, Peter looked and wondered more about her past. His experience as a superhero had taught him not to take things as face value. "Regaridng your past, do you not remember things like your childhood and things like that or just some things from like a certain time point?" he asked her.

"Well, just based on that statement, he sounds extremely generous..." she purred, making sure the adults weren't paying attention to her while they talked, and she spoke lowly,"Anything before age 8... No. But I'm getting flashes. I've been getting them all day, since after I fought the gang bangers this morning, not that you'd know that... The first memory was me sitting in front of a massive mansion, I was making it snow, laughing and cackling 'Make it snow!' The next one was of a sign that said ' Xavier's Academy for Gifted Youngsters'. I know it's a school for super brilliant children, so why did my parents pull me out of such a top notch school?-" Her eyes glazed over for a moment, and her hand lightly brushed his as another memory came into play. Unwittingly, she pulled him into the memory with her.

"Now, Clary, can you show me how far you've progressed? Any more than producing a simple snow storm to impede outside activities?" a kindly looking old man spoke, he was in a wheel chair. 7 year old Clary happily spoke,"Certainly Professor X!" She had a concentrated look on her face, and a small blob of ice appeared in her hands, and the face deepened even further, and cuts appeared in the ice, and after a few more minutes, it looked like a miniature statue of the Professor. She spoke, looking proud,"It'll never melt! And I'm sorry about the pipes freezing last week. I got excited since I got really cool Christmas presents." The Professor smiled gently, and spoke,"No trouble at all, little Clary. Accidents happen."

The memory after that soon ended, and she resumed eating her vegetarian dinner as to avoid suspicions. That was the longest one yet... But what she saw... Was it real? People couldn't do that sort of thing like she saw in her memory... Not unless they were mutants. She couldn't be one. She would have manifested abilities a long time ago... But what about your missing memories? The little voice in her head spoke.

Peter was paying attention to what she was saying with interest, but he became more series when he heard the name Xavier's Academy for Gifted Youngsters. The name sounded familiar... Importantly familiar. but he didn't know where. He kept quiet when she talked about snow and such and then... he was viewing her memory.

What was going on?

Professor X... he heard that name. But where would he look? He decided that the first place to check would be Oscorp. Looks like he knew what he would be doing this weekend. The memory ended and it seemed unreal. Peter kept quiet on his own thoughts. He definitely needed to talk to Harry after this.

Dinner went well and there was some mild conversations while the pie was cooling before eating them. "You know, Clary is a really good student. She coudl easily give a scholarship," Peter said, hoping to cheer Clary up.

She ate, doing her best to avoid looking suspicious. She would do some investigating of her own. Thank God for Google, Yahoo, and all sorts of other search engines. And phone books. Lots of phone books. Something would eventually turn up... Or she could sneak into her own parents' files... Maybe they'd know something they'd been hiding from her for a long time... She was thinking that once she got enough info, she make them talk. She was delighted with the pie, apple was her favorite. Good memories, good times. She smiled at Peter, and she spoke,"Hard work, determination, all the good stuff." She then spoke in an undertone to Peter,"I'm going to check it out later. The Academy. I'm missing 8 years. This Academy may be the key to it all." The air was bitter cold next to her for a moment, then it dissipated.

"All right," Peter muttered to her back as the rest of dinner seem to go by without a hitch and eventuall, the family said their good-byes and it was the next day. It was the beginning of the weekend, thank goodness. Peter had woken up and had some of his Aunt's wheatcakes, even taking some with him to his destination.

Oscorp.

Using the special access key Harry gave him, he rode the elevator where Harry was up early and working. "Hey Pete, what's new?" Harry asked his best friend. While there was some animosity and problems due to the goblin, Gwen and other things, their friendshiip was now stronger than ever. "Harry, I need you to see if Oscorp has anything on Xavier's Academy for Gifted Youngsters," Peter said, his face serious.

Harry's face went also serious as he looked through the private and restricted files. "Xavier's? I heard rumors and bits about it. That kids that have weird or special abilities go to it," he said before his and Peter's eyes widened.

"Looks like they were right. Looks the whole 'mutant' thing is real," Peter said crossing his arms. He read more on the information on the Deep Web and the info. "Yeah, dad mentioned it once as something of interest. Maybe he was trying to do something with mutants," Harry said before Peter shrugged his shoulders. "Why do you ask?" he asked.

"The new girl Clary, she said she remembers it from her past," he said. "Well if she is a mutant, then we gotta be careful," Harry said. "I mean, I got nothing against them and I'm sure you don't, but there's a lot of bad people who want to take advantage of them," Harry said before going back to the news.

"Not much is going on here businesswise. Some competition from Stark, but nothing new," Harry said. "He kinda reminds me of dad sometimes. I'm hoping something will make him be a better person," he adds. "Yeah, but he is still really smart," Peter acknowledged. He alawyas was a bit of a fan of Anthony Stark. He was a very smart fan, if just bombastic and crass. "Oh yeah, and that jerk general Ross was here, wanting to see if anyone here wanted to work on that gamma project," he added. Peter heard of Ross; someone of the tech he found sometimes went to him. He wasn't a bad guy, but one of those stereotypical strength-obsessed men.

Peter presented Harry with some of the pancakes and the two friends ate while discussing their week.

Everything else passed without a hitch, much to Clary's delight, and she was glad Peter had extended the invite later on to come when she pleased. She had the weirdest of dreams, but this time, she was a very small child, maybe no more than four years old. She was at the Academy in her dream, she was sure of it, it looked like the same place she had flashed back to earlier. Was the phrase lucid dreaming? She wasn't sure. Again, it was winter time. Looked like right around Christmas, the place was festooned with the trappings of Christmas. There were several other small children right around her age, all thanking her for making it a white Christmas, since apparently no snow had been in the forecast for Christmas.

Another memory, another dream came into play. She looked slightly older, maybe around 6 or so, and it was definitely summer time. Same group of children, just older. The kids were complaining that the frozen treat machine was busted, now nobody could get snow cones, slushies, or anything of the sort because the machine was over heated. Younger Clary stepped up, and froze the overheating mechanisms... And the machine began to work again. More cheering children. All she could feel was sheer concentration, in the memories of her supposedly using her abilities, and even now.

It was like her mind wanted her to remember these things, a piece of her that wasn't meant to be erased, just like that. She woke up, it was about 5 in the morning, and apparently she hadn't been sleeping at all. It was like she was in some sort of trance, and had been literally been drawing out her dreams. Better hide these from her folks. She would show Peter. She didn't know why she trusted him, especially when she had just met him, but she did trust him. So she did this much. Scanned all the pictures onto a flash drive, uploaded them to her computer, and emailed them off to Peter's phone, since they had each other's numbers. Either way, time for her to get ready for work.

Work itself was uneventful, aside from it being pay day for her, and as always, a nice fat paycheck, which she immediately deposited after her long shift ended. She went back home, and shut herself in her room, trying to figure out the mystery of her past even more. Why was her memory gone? Why were parts of it coming back in chunks? She certainly wasn't going to tell her parents. She had no proof, but she was sure that they had a hand in all of this.

While having breakfast with Harry, Peter's phone vibrated and he picked it up. It was Clary, at least a messege from her. "Who's it from?" Harry asked him. "It's from Clary. They're drawings. From what it looks like, they're probably former memories," Peter said before he pocketed it. "Well, hopefully we can figure this out before too much trouble arrives. The last thing we want is for some crazy group of anti-Mutant terrorists come tearing up New York," he said as he crossed his arms.

Peter's mind had accepted the notions of mutants. He had seen so many strange things as time as a hero. He wasn't sure what laid ahead, but at least he ad friends he could count on.

He told Clary to enjoy her weekened and they will talk about this on Monday

She whistled in relief when Peter responded, they would indeed discuss this on Monday. Blessedly, the weekend passed by with nothing special happening besides work. Monday morning itself seemed pretty mundane, she actually dressed for the weather for once, howling wind and such. Low visibility for everybody else except for her, she could see through the snow perfectly. Once she got into the school, it seemed good. She took off her jacket and backpack, revealing that again, she was wearing all black. Black leather jacket, black short sleeve shirt, black jeans, black leather boots, black fingerless gloves... She put everything in her locker and was shutting it, and going to the water fountain, and began drinking.

Sudden noises got her out of her thoughts and she began to hear properly what the commotion was...

"C'mon man! Lemme go!" protested a very squeaky voiced freshman boy as he was lifted in the air by his backpack and shirt collar. Everything about him screamed nerd and geek and dork and all the other things. Too thick glasses, clothes seemed to be mismatched, hell, he even had the stereotypical pocket protector long seen on nerds in the olden day. The guy that lifted him up was laughing and spoke,"Do my science project for the science fair next week and I'll think about dropping you and cancelling your next beatings!" The freshman spoke,"No way! Earn your own shit! The teachers'll know that I did it and not you because it'll be too nice looking, way above your caliber!" The big guy's face closed, and started punching him. Shouts of 'fight fight fight' could be heard clear down the hall, as well as the freshman crying in pain. The big guy was recognizable. Football player or some other jock.

She growled, she always had a long streak of hate for bullies, nobody deserved to be treated like this... She was suddenly moving, feeling full of life and energy, not knowing it was from the water, and charged at the bully, shoving people out of her way, and leapt onto his back, putting him in a choke hold, wrapping an arm around his neck, latched onto him with the rest of her body so he couldn't shake her off, and she began to constrict, and she whispered into his ear,"Best let him go. The body can only go so long without air before it shuts down." The guy dropped the guy, and sank to his knees from the lack of oxygen. Clary, being a good sport, got off of him, and stood back.

He stood up, coughing, and the freshman limped away, grateful for his savior. He stood, and glared at her, and she spoke softly, but she put as much contempt into her voice as possible,"Doesn't feel too good, does it, getting your ass kicked?" He roared, or what was supposed to be a roar, came out as a series of coughs, and charged her. She waited for him to get close enough, and decked him, got him right in the Adam's Apple. One of the places where no man liked to be hit. She hit him quite hard, she sent him flying into the closest locker. He hit his head, and he slid down. He was down for the count. She rolled her eyes, and checked his pulse, and made sure he was still breathing. He was still breathing, though he was unconscious. She spoke,"Someone mind hauling his ass to the Nurse? I'm pretty sure he ain't gonna be in Friday's game." It was silent for a few moments, then the crowd erupted into cheers.

"Clary! Clary! Clary!" they cheered, crowd surfing her to her locker, where she got her books and supplies, and she got crowd surfed to her first class. She was getting treated like a hero. But all Clary saw was something that needed to be taken care of, and she stepped up to do it. She was pretty sure that nobody would tattle on her, nobody would tattle on somebody that took out a bad guy, would they? She felt pretty good, and she closed her eyes for a moment, slipping into a new memory.

It was fall... The memory was stronger this time, she could smell things now... Definitely near Halloween, or Halloween itself. It smelled like pumpkins and other October like things. She could see her 5 year old or so self, she was dressed as Elsa from Frozen. A little boy with bright red curly hair that was dressed as Yoda spoke,"Clary, you dress as Elsa every year!" Little Clary replied,"Well duh! I have her powers!" She looked about, it was again the Xavier's Academy for Gifted Youngsters grounds. Little Clary got a mischievous look and spoke in her best Anna voice,"Do you wanna build a snow man?" The little boy's eyes lit up, and spoke,"Lets! Christmas is only a little while away!" Little Clary laughed, and raised her hands, and snow began to pour from them. She was waving her arms and hands about, directing the snow. Soon enough, there was a snowman their height standing in front of them, and both children started cackling and laughing. The same old man from Clary's earlier memory appeared not a few moments later on his wheelchair, and was watching them both from a balcony, watching them have fun.

Clary 'woke up' from her memory, and could hear the faint sound of weakening metal all around. Little did she know, she was freezing all the water in the pipes in the school. What a weird dream/memory she had, but it seemed to make a great amount of sense to her, well, the part about dressing up as Elsa every Halloween anyway. She adored the dress she wore. So nice and pretty!

Not much happened over the weekend outside of homework according to Peter. He did his usual inspections around the city as Spider-Man. Eventually, it was Monday once more. He was walking into class and couldn't help but look at Clary. She was dressed in all black and it looked nice on her. He couldn't help but recall his stint with black. He was glad Harry was able to keep tabs on Eddie, though the symbiote still hasn't been found yet, which worried him.

However, he then oversaw a commotion when he some of the two new students in a fight. The first was a big tall guy, but he wasn't beefy nor stocky like a football player. He was the new star soccer player, Carlos LaMuerto. He was a foreign student from Argentina and he was an arrogant and hot-headed indivdual. He supposedly got here through his grades, so Peter was wodnering why he was trying to intimiate the other new kid. This freshman came from much closer to home; Bostom to be exact. He was a nerdy kid who had a knack for engineering and robotics, Oliver Osnick.

Before he could go and break it up, he saw Clary go and fight with him. He didn't seem to being doing much to fight back. In fact, after comign down her toward her before she gave him a shot into the Adam Apple's. He went down easily.

Too easily. While Clary was being crowd-surfed, Peter saw Carlos stand-up and smirk before dusting himself off. Any bruise on his body just seemed to vanish. No longer did he have a prideful or threatening presence... well he did, but it was much more reserved and dignified.

"He was pretending" Peter realized. Despite Carlos looking about 19 and giving the impression of a hot-headed but thick-skulled jock, he was fooling everyone... but not Peter. Peter made a note to keep an eye on him. His spidey sense's was tinglying and he moved before he saw the water fountain not burst, but act out...

About an hour later, school was closed to fix off some mysterious pipe damage from sudden cold conditions. Nothing major, but still a few days off.

Well, school was closed about an hour after class started, not that Clary cared, that meant she got to go home early, and it also meant more study time for her to bring up her Biology grade. She had such high intelligence for everything else, but Biology was like torture to her. She packed up her backpack, and listened to the announcement that due to the pipes freezing solid, the school would be closed and reopened when it defrosted. She texted Peter,"Where are you?" Was she the one who made the pipes freeze? Unintentionally, of course, but still, what was up? It all started when she saved that sweet old bum from getting attacked... Did doing something brave make her memories come back, her powers, if she indeed was a mutant, come back?

Peter had been checking out to see if anything came up from Carlos, but nothing much admittingly. He also stopped by the school library; they knew him and were nice enough to let him check out a few books. However, he did get a text from Clary. He texted her: "Just checking a few books out. I still need to tutor you for Biology," Peter texted back to her.

He was in a bit of thought before continuing. "I'll meet up with you up front and we can walk to the public library to get some more books and so I can tutor you," Peter texted to her. After picking up the books, he headed to the front to meet up with her.

She texted back,"Good. I think I'm responsible for the whoops with the pipes earlier...." She headed to the front of the school after getting all of her stuff ready and packed away. She was waiting for Peter, wondering what was happening to her. Maybe she would experiment with some water later, just experiment later, period. She wanted to get to the bottom of this mystery... Another memory... "Welcome, children! You are the next generation of the X-Men, some of you are children of fellow X-Men and others are total surprises! Nevertheless, we welcome you all!" the old man in the wheelchair spoke. 3 year old Clary was sitting in her own little corner of the room with several others sitting away from her, she had frozen over part of the room and nobody wanted to be turned into a ice statue. The same little boy with curly red hair from a previous memory sat next to her, and she spoke,"You're not scared?" The little boy shook his head, and spoke,"I think it's cool. No pun intended. I have telekinesis. My name is Alexander Gideon Blackthorn." Clary smiled, shaking off the sad expression on her face, and she spoke,"Clarissa Lightwood." She blinked, and the memory disappeared. The memory seemed nice, and she looked around, looking for Peter.

Peter then went from behind her, giving her a smile as he was carrying the books. While school may be out for a while, he still had to tutor Clary. Granted, he would still do it anyway. Peter led her over to the public library and checked out a few more books. "I kinda figured with the potential for the whole ice thing," Peter whispered to her. "Any other dreams or memories or things like that," Peter asked her quietly while looking for the books he needed.

She smiled beautifully at Peter when he appeared with a large stack of books. She was grateful for her little accident earlier, it meant a lot more study time. She walked to the library with him, and watched him get even more books, and she whispered back,"Another one. It was an orientation at Xavier's Academy For Gifted Youngsters. It was like special children preschool." She repeated everything she saw and heard in her memory to him, word for word, everything she saw and heard, she described to him. She spoke,"When I get the time... I want to practice my ability, or abilities, I've heard special people can have more than one, that way no more little accidents happen. I don't want to hurt anybody..." She looked around, and she spoke directly into his ear,"If my parents find out that I'm special and I run away... Do you have any female friends that are mutant friendly that don't mind hiding one?"

Peter listened to her telling her story. He was amazed at how she was able to recall these memories with such clarity. He figured it was probably due to something related to mutant abilities. He knew little about it, then again, it was something that from what Harry found, was something that was being kept heavily in the dark. Naturally, there were still rumors, but they haven't been large and out.

"Maybe. The idea of mutants still seems to be just rumors and speculation so far," Peter confessed to her. It would not surprise him though; after all, Kraven became an amalgamation of large jungle cats while Electro... well, he possessed a great of electric abiltiies. Weirder things seem to be the norm for sure. "Well, you can aways stay at Mary Jane's place," Peter offered to her before opening the book and began tutoring her.

The mornng went by nicely and before you know it was afternoon. Time for some lunch.

Back
Top Bottom