Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Werewolves and Mages (Javorcek X ClearSight)

“You still –are- a pervert.” Mara smirked. For someone who had confessed to not having very many lovers, Arlann certainly was a little sex fiend. The wolf wouldn’t have it any other way though, getting to be her best friend’s first when it came to anal play had been an event that she would always treasure. It was almost a shame that she herself had no firsts to give Arlann, except for maybe that this was the first person that she had ever truly been in love with. It made her wonder if she would have stayed faithful to Arlann after all these years, or if she would have broken down and slept around like she had been doing up until this point. “Well, perhaps it’s for the best that you didn’t then. We’re older now…and I’m smart enough to realize how incredibly lucky I am to have you.”

Arlann was such a sweetheart, very cheesy, but still so sweet. “I know you love me…I just forget that sometimes.” Mara sighed, remembering how she had acted at Parekura. Guh, she had been such an ass. Thank god Arlann was her best friend, otherwise she’d be like all the other women that didn’t understand Mara’s history of getting jealous for no reason. “I love you too Arlann, despite how I act sometimes. I’ve always cared about you and I’m always going to love you.” All this throwing around of the word ‘always’ get the commitment shy wolf a shot of adrenaline to her heart, but she didn’t go running. Instead she just picked up her glass of wine and took a sip. She supposed ‘always’ and ‘forever’ weren’t so bad when she had a girl like Arlann to spend that time with.

“I’m glad we arranged for this little date too, I like seeing my tomboy all dressed up.” The wolf grinned, bright eyes unabashedly roving over her best friend’s delicious looking body. “Perhaps we should make this a regular thing? One night, every other week, just the two of us?” She’d suggest every week, but knew that Sammie would probably be ripping her hair out trying to block out that much time in her schedule. Poor Sammie…Mara felt a little guilty about leaving her home alone. Hopefully her assistant would be enjoying the penthouse thoroughly, it was much nicer than the beta’s own apartment.

---

After a nice bottle of wine split with her love and a sweet chocolate cocktail as dessert, Mara was feeling a little tipsy. Her cheeks were flushed, she was giggly and handsy. Walking and behaving were too hard to do at the same time! At least the cool night air outside the restaurant helped her settle down…at least until a flash of light caught her eye.

“Miss Marrok! Mara! Over here!”

Mara had conditioned herself to not turn her head for a voice that she didn’t recognize. There were a few ‘journalists’ waiting outside of the restaurant and at the call of her name she immediately tugged Arlann closer to her, not wanting her to get caught up in that nonsense. Every year, it was the same thing: she fell off the radar for Parekura and reporters scrambled to find out where the rich, sexy, and single CEO had gone and who she was with. Two years ago the tabloids had suspected that her return from Parekura was actually her coming home from a honeymoon with her then girlfriend Rani Gupta, a very talented trial attorney who had a long history of taking on high profile clients and cases. Rani had been fun, but she was just about as much of a playgirl as Mara was.

Mara’s driver, Joel, was trying his best to keep the paparazzi away from them but he was only one man. It was up to the Alpha to avoid the cameras and guide Arlann into the seclusion of the Town Car and it’s tinted windows. “Ugh…how do they not have anything better to do on a Saturday night?” Mara huffed as she shut the door behind her and snuggled up next to her mate in the back seat. “Hrrmph…well, I guess you’ll get a fun debut in the tabloids and our relationship will be fully public.” If they were lucky that would make Mara appear more boring so that she wouldn’t have to deal with this type of hassle any more. Half the reason that she ever made it to the front page of the Enquirer or Globe was because she was single..

Not wanting that little incident to ruin her mood or their night, she busied herself with nibbling and nuzzling at Arlann’s neck. “Mmm…I can’t wait to get you back to the hotel…” The wolf purred sweetly, the alcohol that was flowing through her veins cheered her right up, especially because she was in the company of such a gorgeous mage.

"Maybe it was for the best, but I don't think I'll ever be happy about missing out on time with you. I just... You really are my best friend. You don't get mad about all the annoying parts of me, and I love the infuriating things about you, and I know I'll never grow tired of you if I haven't by now." She laughed and looked over at Mara, a grin on her face. "Really though, I will always love you as well. I know I may have some insane interests, and for some reason having a little harem of playthings for the two of us really appeals to me, but if I had to choose, or if you ask who I love... You're the only one. I adore Sammie, I really do, but it's not the same. I want to protect her, she's cute, she's a good friend, but you're my best friend Mara and the only woman I've ever or will ever love." It wasn't the easiest emotion to get across, normal women wouldn't have those thoughts, but they were meant for each other and everything seemed to be working out.

"As for our date night... I think every two weeks would be perfect. I would love some time just for us... And I'm going to want plenty of cuddles between our dates." She grinned before taking a bite of the food moments after it was sat down in front of her. "I think I'll cook next time though. As lovely as this place is, I like cooking for you and an entire night in with you would be rather lovely. Maybe we can get Sammie out of the house next time and stay in." Two weeks, it was a bit long but at least they had skipped the part of dating where they didn't live together. Hell they had basically skipped the dating part all together, which only made their night alone together all the more precious. Besides, if they used the night alone to spoil Sammie a bit in the process they would both feel a bit more comfortable. Maybe a spa night, or maybe they could take the spa night. Ugh, so many nice things they could do together.

---

By the end of the lovely meal Arlann was more than a little tipsy, closer to drunk than merely a tad merry. So when teasing hands started going to inappropriate places she found herself moaning and nipping at her mate instead of swatting them away and having her lover behave. She wanted it, she wanted Mara. Their more intimate nights together had always been nice, and the idea of having Mara all to herself sounded rather nice, and it would be the break Sammie had made it so clear she needed. What wasn't so nice was hearing unfamiliar voices and immediately recognizing paparazzi. Arlann was not as famous as Mara, her exploits limited to financial magic, which had been a headline for an article about her, and some art and music related things earlier in her life. She wasn't a playgirl and she kept a low profile, boring for the vultures for sure. Still, she was famous in certain circles, mostly for being a financial genius, despite it all being cheating in a way. She was also pretty damn smart, a decent musician, and a moderately talented artists, but still, none of those ever hit the radar.

She never liked attention though, odd for someone as flashy as she could be, but publicity turned her stomach. She had to control herself not to turn around and tell them to fuck off, only doing so in case Mara's reputation got caught up with her's, a serious possibility if they were outed as lovers. "Good, about time everyone saw you were taken. I'd hate for some bitch to look at what's off the market." She growled playfully, brilliantly hiding her reservations about having her name plastered on the front page. "Besides, I highly doubt they will find a good story with us. Few people know our history and a boring publicity hermit like me shouldn't draw much attention unless they take some convoluted angle... Like financial power couple, or the playgirl Mara corrupting the innocent youth. Because you know, I kind of have a decent reputation surprising enough, nobody knows how horrible I am."

Arlann chuckled and plopped her head down on Mara's shoulder. "When we get back to the hotel I expect to first be allowed to give you the present I have planned, then to be fucked silly, and then cuddling... Lots and lots of cuddling." She nuzzled her lover, in a bit of a romantic mood over a horny one, though even at low libido levels she was still a kinky sex addict, or that was what Mara was turning her into... No wait, the sex magic had all been her idea. Yep, she was just insanely kinky. "Oh, and baby, I want you to take my ass tonight... I'm. Really. Needing. It." She spoke in a slow and deliberate manner, turning her head and sinking teeth into flesh. "Tonight, since its just us... I want to be yours in every way... My Alpha." She breathed heavily, the longer they sat in the car heading towards their destination, the more needy Arlann felt.

“Awwww you make such a cute wittle wolfy.” Mara giggled as Arlann tried for a possessive growl; usually her lover was better at it. Perhaps it was because the mage was drunk and that’s why all her little canine noises were coming out more puppyish; it made her absolutely adorable. “Corrupting?!” Mara’s smile turned to a pout at the accusation. “That is defamation of character! And if you weren’t so sexy I’d sue you.” The wolf stuck her tongue out before quickly adding. “If anyone is corrupting anyone, it’s you. Everyone knows that nice girls are really the most perverted ones.”

“Present?” That word certainly got her attention. Any form of surprise was absolutely torture for the impatient young wolf. With them being so close to there destination, she didn’t know exactly what she could bargain for a little bit of information towards what her present was going to be. So caught up in her plotting, she almost missed all the stuff about cuddling and assplay…almost Promises of claiming that luscious rear made her forget all about her present and focus back on the burning lust she felt for the woman infront of her. Mara walked her fingers up Arlann’s thigh, pushing her dress up inch by inch as she tried to get at that ass. “Oh really? I’ve corrupted the little anal virgin into an anal slut?” The wolf whispered. Joel had been good enough to put up the privacy screen on his own, and while the back of the cab wasn’t sound proof, they could hopefully be quiet for the sake of her driver, for a little while anyways.

“Mhmm…just us. No magic, no toys, no distractions…just you and me.” Mara purred sweetly. Maybe in the morning they could bust out the strap on before checkout time and have a little fun, but tonight she just wanted to take a step back from all the toys and tricks and be allowed to explore Arlann’s body at her leisure, without the increased sensitivity from her mage’s magic or the burning urgency that a cock always created. Before Mara could really make any progress working her way up Arlann’s dress, the car stopped infront of the hotel. Joel waited before opening the door, giving them plenty of time to rearrange their clothing so that when they got out of the car they didn’t flash any innocent passersby.

Arlann grinned and bit back at her lovely woman as the Alpha playfully quipped back and forth with her. She loved their little word games, the teasing and flirting always sparking the desire for Mara... As if it needed help. It was like the old days all over again, it was her best friend, and now there was the added bonus of amazing sex. "Hey now, don't get too full of yourself my big sexy beast... You moaned and if I remember correctly... Begged me for it when I was on top." She smirked and let her teeth sink deeply into Mara's neck, marking her now that they were away from the restaurant and the eyes of reporters. "Besides, I may be perverted and creative when it comes to the bedroom, but you're the one who keeps indulging my many fantasies... Hell..." She paused for a moment, a tender kiss before smiling, a warm gentle smile instead of the playful flirty one she had shone before. "You were my fantasy babe. Seriously, In all my years I've spent more time thinking about just kissing you than I've thought about anything else." An almost sad truth but that's what it was, the truth. As a teen half of her dreams and most of her daydreams had involved kissing and touching Mara, her mind not as corrupted back then.

She refused to speak more about the present though, no matter how sentimental she was feeling, and she simply sat there and waited for Mara to get distracted by something else, and it didn't take long. "Not an anal slut..." She grumbled, denying only for the sake of. Truth was she liked it a lot, mostly when Mara and Sammie were both taking her at the same time, but just having it played with was odd, and odd felt good... Still, if Mara wanted a true night of just them, with no magical or man made aids, then that was what they were going to do. It was going to be great, because as much as their interesting sex felt good, the idea of cuddling, kissing, and exploring with Mara was perhaps the most exciting idea she could imagine. It sounded perfect.

So, as her custom of not waiting for anything dictated, Arlann grabbed Mara and dragged her to the elevator and up to a suite on the top floor... Because nothing was too good for her lovely wolf. After a tension filled elevator ride where hands were shaking with the desire to grab on to every soft ounce of flesh they could get to,, they were in, and Arlann didn't waste any time forcing her shoes off and going straight towards the kitchen, leaving Mara to remove her shoes and join her. Wine, that was the point of her detour, and once the bottle was secured, the idea of also getting glasses too infuriating, she ran back, grabbed Mara's arm, and tugged her to the bedroom. "Hurry up and undress while I get your present!" Oh it was so close to an order, but she had a feeling that the idea of being given a present would have Mara doing exactly what was asked of her. Even if not Arlann didn't stop, sitting the bottle of wine on the nightstand and going into her purse, a task she tried to do while also undressing which probably made her slower. Eventually she accomplished both though, losing her clothes and pulling out a black felt box, a jewelry box.

Luckily the box wasn't small enough to be mistaken for a ring, because as much as she loved Mara she wasn't sure it was a good idea to propose, not so soon, not when they were just pinning down who they were as a couple. Yet, as much as a ring would have been emotional, what was inside the rectangular box was much more special, at least in Arlann's opinion... Inside was a necklace, and not just any necklace, but a perfect replica of one Mara's mother had wore. It was a beautiful piece, one Arlann had admired as a child, and one she hadn't seen at Mara's place. So as she sat down on the edge of the bed and waited for Mara to give her attention she smiled, barely able to hold back the excitement, and the tears upon thinking of the woman she had felt like a daughter to. "I uhm... I just wanted to do something special for you Mara." That was all she said, and as she opened the box she left it to the gift to explain how she felt about her mate... Her best friend...

“Arlann slow down! Your legs are longer than mine!” Usually Mara had no problem keeping up with her taller friend, but even she had a hard time running in four-inch heels. Into the hotel room the two of them scrambled, Mara barely getting a chance to admire the lavish room that her lover had picked out before Arlann was excitedly barking out orders for her to get naked. “Okay, okay! Geeze, you’d think that you were the one getting the present.” The wolf laughed at her friend’s impatience rather than rebuke her for jumping into the dominant role that was usually reserved for Mara. She just did as she was told, eager to be naked anyways. A little shimmying and she was out of her dress, then heading towards the bed, leaving a trail of bra and panties behind her as she stripped to nothing and hopped up onto the mattress.

“No glasses? You know usually when you do body shots, it’s supposed to be with a hard liquor and not wine.” The wolf teased with a grin. As Arlann finished getting settled, setting down the bottle and joining the Alpha on the bed, Mara was tempted to jump her mate right then and there. The only thing that stopped her was the rectangular box that the other woman held. “Aw, sweetheart, you didn’t need to get me anything…” Really, Arlann hadn’t needed to, Mara wasn’t the kind of girl that had to be showered with presents in order to stick around. But still, the gesture was nice and she couldn’t resist opening the box to see what was inside.

“Oh my God…” Mara stared at the necklace for a moment, blinking back tears and horribly failing as she realized what it was. Nestled in the velvet box was the necklace that her mother always wore. It had been a gift from her grandmother before she had moved to America; a North Star pendant so that the wearer would never lose their way, with a tanzanite stone in the center…a gem that always shifted its color, just as wolves shifted their forms. Mara had thought that she would never see this necklace ever again; the original had never been recovered from their summer home... someone had actually had the audacity to rip it from her mother’s throat after she had been killed.

“You remembered…” Her voice shook with emotion and she took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. She shoved away the painful old memories, burying them back where they had come from and focusing on what Arlann had done instead. Her best friend had remembered the necklace that her mother had worn absolutely perfectly and had gone through all the trouble to have it recreated… Mara put the box down into her lap and threw her arms around her mate’s neck, burying her tear-streaked face into her lover’s shoulder to hide while she tried to collect herself. “Thank you Arlann…it’s beautiful…” A few sniffles and then she added. “I think mom and dad would have been really happy that we ended up together.”

Arlann wasn't exactly concerned with glasses, she was fine drinking out of the bottle, and sharing spit with Mara was the absolute least of her worries... As if they didn't do that every day. The only concern was giving Mara her present, the necklace being a very difficult gift not to give her mate immediately or throughout the night. It had taken everything to wait until they were at the hotel, and now that they were she didn't hold back. As tears started to form in Mara's eyes Arlann smiled softly, kissing her lover's forehead to comfort her. "I know it's not the original, and it can't replace the heirloom, but I hope it's enough." Arlann wrapped an arm around her beautiful wolf as the emotion became more real, the loss of her parents one of the few sensitive subjects for Mara... She had truly loved them. Arlann missed them as well. During her teenage years they had been like parents to her as well, caring for her on the many nights she stayed at Mara's, treating her so well... The illusion of having them as in-laws had even played in her head a few times.

"I think so too... Your parents always treated me so well, like a daughter, and I know how rare that was for wolf families to accept a mage." The mage nuzzled Mara and took a moment to lick and nip at her neck. "I love you Marama, and no matter what it takes I'm going to make sure you know that every single day of the long life I want us to have together... I want to be by your side forever." She took the necklace from Mara's hand gently and slowly reached up, putting it around her neck and pulling back to take it in. She was so beautiful... But the necklace brought back memories for her as well, their childhood, the funeral, the time between Mara shutting down and the night her mate claimed her after all those years. So many happy memories and so many bad ones, and then there were the things she didn't know... And Arlann wanted to know everything.

The mage shifted on the bed, taking the black box and sitting the empty carrying case next to the bottle of wine on the nightstand. Then, quite firmly, she turned back to Mara and pushed her back into the fluffy sheets of the bed, mounting her lover and looking down at her, fingers tracing down the smooth flesh. "I know you said no magic tonight, and I agree... But remember that spell I cast, the one that showed you everything from my life, all the emotions as I silently desired you, the hurt and happiness from our years apart... Well, I was wondering if you would be okay with me seeing all of your memories, of sharing you with me tonight." She leaned down, body pressed against Mara's, bountiful pressed squishing into Mara's and lips hovering inches from one another. "Let me in Mara, please. I just want to know everything I can about you." She leaned down after that and let her teeth and tongue begin playing at her lover's ear, going right for the spot she knew was sensitive and taking advantage of her knowledge. "Let me be the only person who knows all of you... Like you are the only person who knows all of me."

Mara wiped her tears away, smearing a little bit of her eyeliner in the process. Maybe a shower was in order…once Arlann made her feel better and there was no more threat of tears. She bit her lower lip, looking up at Arlann with unsure eyes as the mage asked to be let into her mind. Mara had never gone over her own memories and she was nervous as to what the mage would find…. What if Arlann thought less of her after seeing everything? What if she thought less of herself? As many reservations as she had about letting the mage into her mind, she knew that doing so would be for the best. Arlann was her mate, she had a right to know everything. “Alright…let me show you…”

----

”Aw don’t look at me like that.” Mara pouted as Arlann gave her a sad look. The two teenage girls were saying goodbye before Mara went to the family retreat in the mountains. She didn’t want to go either, but her parents were insistent that they have some family time together, just the three of them. “You wouldn’t like it out there anyways. There’s bugs, snakes, no running water, no electricity…and dad wants to subject me and mom to manual labor to try to modernize the cabin a little bit so that we’ll go there more often.” Mara tried her best to talk the trip down so that Arlann didn’t feel like she was missing anything. Then she hugged her best friend, squeezing the mage nice and tight before finally pulling away and heading towards the packed car that her parents were already waiting for her in. “I’ll see you next week!” Mara gave Arlann a bright smile and a wave before hopping into the car and setting off for her week in the woods.

----

Mara and her mother were in the kitchen; the young wolf was measuring out spices for a dry rub while the older Alpha cut up vegetables. Her father was outside, hammering together the awning that he was installing over the back porch. Suddenly, the rhythmic pounding stopped and was replaced by the sounds of shouting and small explosions. Her father burst back into the house, bleeding and running into the kitchen. “Sarah! Take Mara out the tunnel-“
Crash! The window by them shattered and inside came a smoke grenade that filled up the whole kitchen, all three wolves coughing and sputtering. It was the strangest thing…the smoke almost smelled exactly like the kind that had been let off when Arlann had tried to show he some of her fire magic…

“Tane!”

“Dad!”

“Take Mara and go!” He kissed his mate goodbye and then urged his wife and daughter towards the staircase to the basement where there was a secret passage that led away from the cabin and into the safety of the woods. “I will be right behind you.”

Sarah hesitated on the staircase, torn between her mate and her daughter. In the end, Mara’s safety mattered more…at least at first. She helped her daughter open the fake part of the wall that led into a dug out tunnel. But about halfway through the passage, she suddenly stopped. “I need to go back, I need to get your father.”

“Then I’m coming too!”

“No, you need to keep going.” Sarah kissed the top of her daughter’s head before pushing Mara away, urging her to continue. “I will come back pup, I promise.”

----

The next few years went by in a blur, just as Mara had wanted them to. All the pain became buried under school, under work, under gallons and gallons of alcohol. Her loneliness went much in the same way, though failed relationship after failed relationship had helped cover up her aloneness. Perhaps the two flings that stood out were her time with Jackson and her time with Rani, specifically how she had broken up with them. Being the only two truly dominant people that Mara had ever slept with, they hadn’t taken her business-like way of dismissing her from her life well.

“Seriously?! You’re going to fire me like one of your fucking employees?!?!” Jackson had flipped the table in the boardroom, even in his rage the male had been careful not to accidentally hit Mara in the face with the giant mahogany desk. At the commotion, security hurried inside, the male Alpha knocking two of them out before Mara called the rest off. He had stormed out of the Lykos building without an escort and Mara had felt so bad about the whole situation that she actually had written Jackson a letter, explaining that she had not been ready for the kind of commitment that the male wolf was looking for. She didn’t know whether or not he had read it…but they had been on better terms after that.

“I truly am disappointed in you, Marama.” The usually sexy Indian accent that coated Rani’s voice was replaced only with ice. “I never would have guessed that the daughter of Tane and Sarah Marrok would turn out to be a coward.”

“Out.” Mara hissed. “GET OUT!” The wolf roared when Rani did not immediately moved. “You know nothing about me, nothing about my parents!” But it was a lie. Rani had been right…she was scared, terrified of allowing herself to love someone as much as she had loved her parents.

The beginning of the memories made Arlann smile, remembering the time when her and Mara had been inseparable was a comfort, especially now that they had returned to such a relationship... With all the added benefits of being lovers. Now Arlann could truly state that Mara belonged entirely to her, as friends and as mates. The rest of the memory was the complete opposite. The death of Mara's parents had always been something Arlann was curious about, she had heard stories and rumors but after Mara disappeared from her life she couldn't get straight answers... Realizing what had happened to the woman she loved... What happened to her parents, it didn't just explain the mystery behind Sarah's and Tane's death, but it revealed something Arlann desperately needed to know. It showed the mage that Mara had one of the few reasons she would ever have accepted for doing what she did. It didn't erase the hurt, nor all of the anger seeing as Arlann still felt like she could have been Mara's rock, but she could understand, and that meant more than she could ever explain.

What wasn't so easy to accept, even if she still understood, were all the relationships and flings that came after. Arlann had been a very conservative person when it came to dating, the few women she had been with were very long relationships that ultimately failed to replace any part of Mara from her mind. In fact she had been so obsessed with her friend that most of her life was revolving around payback, that was until they were reunited. Mara didn't have those lingering difficulties, she slept with women and men like it was nothing, and it hurt. Still, she knew and all she had seen showed, that Mara truly hadn't known about her feelings, and that even her most serious relationships with amazing individuals didn't match up to what they had. She had never found a friend as dear or a lover she let in like Arlann. It was a happy thing, even if the knowledge of it was sad. Still, knowing how long some people tried when it had taken her and Mara a single meeting to spark made thrilled the mage, even if they had weird torture sex and were in the midst of starting their own harem.

Arlann opened her eyes to look at the face of the woman she had just learned absolutely everything about, a smile on her face as she leaned forward and gently kissed her forehead and face, peppering the wolf with loving pecks. "Oh Mara. I'm so sorry about what happened to you... I love you so much." She hugged her mate, arms squeezing around the woman's body. "I know if may not mean much, but if you ever find out who did that, I'll kill them all with you." It was probably the most sadistic thing Arlann had ever said out loud, and she completely meant it, but it came out so normal, so sure. She had loved the Marroks... And she loved Mara, nobody would hurt them and get away, and her magic would ensure they either suffered or all died in a quick rain of death... Whichever happened to be easier to obtain. Still, that wasn't the point, the point was realizing just how they felt about one another and what they had gone through when they were apart.

"I'm even more sure than ever we're perfect for each other though, because after all of that I only love you more." She pulled back and loosened the hug, her nose gently rubbing against Mara's and a small giggle escaping her mouth. "For the rest of my life I am yours, and I claim you as well. We are mates..." She was so happy, all of the years waiting and she finally had happiness, and it was in the form of the girl who had been by her side for most of her life, though she wanted to be sure her mate truly felt the same, because as sure as she had seemed when they connected, she could tell certain things still seemed to concern her gorgeous wolf. "Now, how about you get everything you need to off your chest love, let's let everything out right now, and once we do..." She leaned in and let her lips press into Mara's ear, "I'll let you do whatever you want to me."

Somewhere along the line, Mara had started crying again, so when the memories had stopped and she came back to the real world, she felt moisture running down her cheeks. Back into Arlann’s neck she hid, whimpering softly and nuzzling at her mate as the taller woman hugged her, soothing away her woes. Her heart still hurt…but for once in felt bearable, like she didn’t have to find something or someone to help take her mind off of her parents’ death “There was no evidence that could be found… no weapons from hunters, no marks from other wolves…” And so of course, it was concluded that mages had been behind the murder of her parents, the lack of physical evidence implicating the magic users. That was why so many stricter regulations had been imposed upon the mages following the wake of the murders, erasing nearly all the progress her mother had made towards a more equal life for mages.

“It’s been nearly a decade…the Elders have told me to give up and stop looking, but I still bankroll a small contingent of investigators… No one has been found, but you will be the second to know, right after Uncle Rangi.” Mara smiled gently and cupped her lover’s cheek before leaning up to kiss her. It was a rather barbaric thing to pledge among civilized individuals, killing your lover’s enemies, but was quite a romantic gesture for wolves.

“Arlann… I love you. I have always loved you. No one has even come close to what I feel for you… I know that you saw me with all those other people.” All 36 of them… “But you’re nothing like them, I want you, just you… And you better promise me that if anyone is dying around here that it’ll be me first. I didn’t just open up to you so that you can go and get yourself killed by doing something stupid. So don’t pledge your life to me unless you plan on living a –long- one.” Mara huffed. It was unlikely that any wolves would try to hurt Arlann, knowing that the mage belonged to her. But still, her friend had a bad habit of running her mouth and making enemies.

Now that that was settled, Mara wiped her eyes and pouted a little bit. “Can we go shower? Please? I do plan on doing many, many things to you tonight. But I don’t want to do any of them looking like this. Mara hated her appearance after she cried, the weakness, the puffy eyes, the smudged make up, as feminine as she was, none of it suited the powerful CEO.

Mara was being adorable, much like she was when they were younger, and it was nice to see that the girl she had fallen in love with hadn't changed a bit... Even if she did like to hide some of her softer sides. That was nice though, it meant that Mara could be the big tough sexy beast around everyone else, and the adorable, sentimental, feminine thing when it was just the two of them, and maybe Sammie. Sammie was a bit special, like a cute pet... The words little sister had come first but upon second thought it seemed wrong to use that comparison when they did so many naughty things to the beta. "I don't care who it was Mara, whether it was humans or wolves... Or mages. I'll kill whoever when I find out, even my own kind. The stupidity of killing such wonderful people, those who wished for equality among our kind... They will die." Yeah, it was an odd thing to swear, but Arlann meant every damn word, she may not have been a wolf, but Mara being her best friend for so long had rubbed some of the 'uncivilized' wolf things off onto her, and they fit her personality quite a bit.

"And don't worry my love, I will live a very long life, and I will live it right by your side, for better or worse." She grinned as she delivered popular wedding lines and leaned in to kiss her mate. "Like I said, I am your mate... And I plan on belonging to you for the rest of my life, and while we may be one odd couple I know there is nothing that will ever make me happier than being with you. Nothing." As the mage began to kiss her way down Mara's body she was stopped, stopped by the pouting and adorable request to shower first, even a please from the usual bossy woman she so desired to lay with. Arlann huffed, biting Mara's nipple before rising back up, a low throaty growl reverberating as she leaned in and bit Mara's neck again, wishing she could claim every ounce of her beautiful mate.

"I'll tell you what, we can go shower, clean up just to get nice and dirty." Oh the cheese, "But you get to try and clean up while I get on my hands and knees and show you how easily I can make you cum even without my magic." She didn't need magic to please Mara, it was easier sure, but she knew what she was doing and what her mate liked. Besides, as weird as their fucking sex life could be, with magic and other people joining them in a mix of highly sexual and mildly romantic, some solid vanilla fun was needed. "Though, we can make it interesting. If you can make it through the entire shower without cumming once, you can either forbid me from cumming and set a punishment if I do... Or, you can set a number of climaxes and we won't stop until I've experienced that many... And if I win, well let's just say you are going to have a lot of cumming to do..." She leaned in and nipped at Mara's ear, voice dropping low and deliberate, "My gorgeous. Little. Bitch."

“Ack! Arlann, come onnnnnn. They’re tender!” Mara whined as blunt teeth sank down onto her poor defenseless nipple. She wasn’t even properly warmed up for such rough treatment yet! The wolf squirmed under her lover and continued to pout; she was contemplating using her full strength to escape from underneath the mage’s weighty cage but deciding against it. No magic probably meant no superhuman wolf strength too. Usually, she kinda liked being on the bottom…when her mate wasn’t being a cocky little brat. Arlann was cute when she was growling and so very sexy when she behaved more like a wolf, biting Mara’s neck and doing all the things that canines did to show affection; but when she was trying to show off, Mara always just rolled her eyes at her friend’s boasting.

“Pffft. You’re pretty sexy, but don’t act like you’re irresistible.” The wolf smirked, not even nervous for a second that Arlann might actually win the bet. She batted the mage away as Arlann went to nip her ear, refusing to be stuck in this submissive state any longer if there was a bet to be won. “Keep thinking you’re the Alpha here, sweetheart. It just makes it that much better when I have you bent over and begging.” Oh she was going to have Arlann on her hands and knees, pleading to have her ass played with like a little beta bitch before the end of tonight.

“Come on…let’s just see how well my little cheater does without her magic to rely on.” Mara nipped at her mate and then wriggled out from under her so that she could head off to the shower. The hotel bathroom was nice: small hot tub, decent sized shower, not as extravagant as the one at her penthouse, but still good. There was definitely enough room to accommodate the two of them and whatever ridiculous positions they wanted to be in, Mara couldn’t ask for more. As soon as the warm water was flowing, Mara slipped under the hot stream, heaving a relieved sigh as the liquid washed away her make up and tears.

They both knew if it came down to personality alone that Mara was the top, ultimately if her lover made a decision Arlann would be hard pressed to oppose her. It wasn't because she couldn't, because Arlann was powerful and as stubborn as they came, but that's just what felt comfortable, and she had always trust Mara enough to give that level of trust to the woman. Still, it didn't stop the mage from feeling the rare desire to fuck Mara like her little bitch, she had switch tendencies for sure... Though maybe it was more her liking to tease than actually being a top, if anything she was simply that, a horrid tease. Not like her enjoying getting a rise out of other people was anything new. The thought just made her smirk, fuck definitions, she never did fit into any of the 'normal' boxes anyways. Mage and werewolf together? Check. Committed relationship, but also the addition of other women on an intimate and sexual level? Check. Why not go for the fucking trifecta and simply say Arlann wanted what she wanted, when she wanted it, and there would be no explanations. It was the unreasonable Mara was use to after all, might as well keep going.

As she lost her position she chuckled and snapped her jaws at Mara, a half-baked attempt to make her take back the words she had spoken. "I am irresistible and you know it. Well that and you're a bit of a sex fiend so it's not hard to seduce you." She grinned and followed Mara off the bed, dragging her feet as they moved away from the incredibly comfortable mattress she had been ready not to get off of until morning. "Besides, just because you're an Alpha doesn't mean you can't be my bitch every once in awhile... I think I remember a few times with you begging me so very sweetly, just like a good little pup." If only her mouth knew when to stop. Oh well, it simply meant she would have to work even harder to win the bet, because if not she was certainly in for a difficult night at the hands of her talented, and quite vengeful, lover.

The hot water that enveloped them both helped bring her mind back to more pleasant things, the mage purring gently as she enjoyed the hot liquid coating her smooth skin. "Fuck... I love shower sex." She turned almost immediately after growing accustomed to the temperature of the water, pushing her body up against Mara's and letting her hard nipples rub against the wolf's skin, hands slowly drifting down and taking hold of the amazing ass her mate was gifted with. "I love you." One last sweet sentiment, accompanied by a passionate kiss to her lips, before Arlann slowly sank down to her knees, looking up at Mara with adorable eyes. "If you want to give up you can always grab my hair and ride away..." Before Mara could answer she dove in, not wasting a second of their shower time as she went forward to win the bet, quickly heading for Mara's clit, tongue, lips, and teeth all ready to lift her mate into a world of pleasure... And ensure the next morning started with Mara sore... And maybe a bit hoarse.

"Mmm me too..." Mara purred, relishing in the feeling of Arlann's nubile body pressed up against hers. Her mate wasn't the only one that loved shower sex, the contrast between cold tile against her back and a warm sexy body on her front got Mara wound up faster than anything could. A soft moan spilled from her lips as Arlann's hands came to rest on her rear end, Mara's arms moving to wrap around her lover's neck to reciprocate. Her fingers danced along the back of the mage's neck and across her shoulders as the pair of then kissed, deep and passionate...it had been so long since they had done something like this, just the two of them, and it actually surprised her how intense every little intimate thing felt when it wasn't coupled with the raw, animal need that had been created at Parekura.

"I love you too." Mara tried to get herself comfortably situated against the wall as Arlann got down to her knees. Guh...her mate was so sexy when she on her hands and knees, looking up at her with those beautiful blue eyes, almost like she was going to be a sweet little obedient pet. She lifted a leg to rest it over her lover's shoulder, trying to get nice and comfortable while spreading herself out further to give Arlann plenty of opportunity to win her bet. "Hah! Like I would -- ohhhh fuck..." The alpha moaned as her mate wasted no time in latching her lips around Mara's clit and flicking her silken muscle over the sensitive bundle of nerves. She couldn't remember the last time the Mage has gone down on her and made a mental note to not let such a long period of time without oral pass ever again.

"Mmm...good girl...but is that all you've got?" Mara's taunts would have probably been delivered better if they weren't accompanied by moans of pleasure. She couldn't help but enjoy it, the alpha did love sex after all. But as much as she loved cumming in Arlann's mouth, she loved winning a lot more. All she had to do was think about work, about all the emails that she still needed to answer, and she could more or less ignore the exquisite feeling of Arlann's dexterous tongue.

Something about being down on her knees felt right, and she couldn't help but purr as Mara's lovely leg hooked over her shoulder, locking her in to place... Right where she belonged. Damn, she was definitely more of a bottom than a top, even if some personality traits and the occasional desire said otherwise. She didn't join in the taunting game however, as much as she loved back and forth most of the time. For the time being she chose to focus, silently doing the exact thing she told Mara she was going to do... She was going to make the wolf cum. She didn't care how long it took or how sore her jaw was, she wasn't going to lose the damn bet, call it a competitive nature or whatever, she wanted to win more than ever as Mara tried to act all tough and superior. All she had? Yeah right, she was just getting started. Soon she would have Mara gasping and begging for it, at least that was the plan, and Arlann was quite confident her talented little tongue could deliver.

Still, as confident as the mage was, her companion was no fool, she had seen Mara hold off an orgasm more than once, and it left Arlann with little choice but to go on the offensive and make sure her mate paid attention. The best method was changing things up, and while the pace, as well as the roughness in terms of teeth use, were both altered periodically, Arlann had other plans. For once they weren't magical plans either, no form of her powers were needed to get what she wanted, even if some sensitivity magic would have made it easy to draw out the moans and begging she so desired to hear. She had some good old fashion tricks to replace her usual bag of tricks.

It came first in the form of one of her hands smacking Mara's ass, the leg over her shoulder giving her just as much access to the cheek as she needed, along with its over use. Then came the harder part to ignore, as Arlann summoned some courage and decided to sneak her fingers around back... Gently prodding the cute little ass Mara liked to have played with. She grinned around Mara's clit, teeth grinding the nub gently as her tongue flicked over the top, trying to keep her attention split between the rough, sensitivity enhancing treatment to her already responsive bundle of nerves, and the tight little hole she had between her two perfect ass cheeks... And the finger slowly working its way up her ass. She was going to win the damn bet, either that or Mara would hold out and really wear her out after... Either way, she was going for it, to succeed wonderfully or fail in as grand a way as possible.

“Gyah!” The wolf let out a small yelp of surprise as her mate’s hand landed firmly on her defenseless ass. It hadn’t really hurt, but the sound echoed rather loudly off the tiled walls, startling the Alpha. Rather than reprimand Arlann for taking an aggressive, domineering approach, she just let her mate play however she pleased. They were in the middle of a bed after all and she supposed it wouldn’t be fair to impose new rules after they had already started the game. “Ohhhh fuck! Arlann!” Mara gasped as a finger gently prodded her taboo hole. One hand shot out, grabbing onto Arlann’s head while the other searched the smooth wall for some sort of support. Thank god she was standing, she probably would have cum on the spot. But having her attention split between remaining upright, winning the bet, and receiving pleasure helped keep the Alpha from crumbling. Arlann could try every trick that she wanted, but unless she stopped what she was doing and totally rearranged their positioning, Mara just wasn’t going to cum.

Thankfully her mate didn’t realize this until her jaw was sore from working so hard. Panting and in desperate need of an orgasm, the moment Arlann was finished, she helped her mate up. After a quick toweling off, the pair of them rushed to the bedroom so that Mara could cash in her winnings.

----

“Mrrrph…” Mara grunted softly as her pillow moved. The disturbance roused her enough though that she soon realized that what her head was resting on was not a pillow, it was actually Arlann’s thigh. The wolf yawned and opened bleary eyes; her top half was under the sheets and her legs were sticking out. Infront of her was Arlann’s slit, the lips pouting open, puffy and a little red from overuse. Apparently she had made Arlann cum so many times last night that the mage had passed out, then she had fallen asleep between her lover’s legs after all her hard work to please her mate so thoroughly. Mara grinned at the memory, then she yawned and stretched a little bit before working her way up the sleeping mage’s body.

“I love you…” She whispered, not wanting to disturb Arlann if the mage was still sleeping. She tucked a few errant strands of dark hair behind her lover’s ear, kissed her forehead, then rested her head down next to Arlann’s. Very carefully, she slung an arm and a leg around the other woman, snuggling nice and close to her mate as she waited for her to wake up.

Losing the bet didn't mean a damn thing... As much as she would have loved to drive Mara up the wall with pleasure, she had lost that right only to gain the position of the one being pleasured. And fuck was Mara a pro when it came to the art of pleasure giving. As corny as that sounded it was true, her mate was incredible and it had made for a long, satisfying night to see how long she could hold out against the talented lover so intent on making her moan. It was the best night in a long time, not that she didn't really get off on their lifestyle, but a night alone with her mate, no toys or magic... It had been exactly what they needed, not only to reaffirm their feelings, but, for Arlann, to enjoy her best friends company without any external distractions. That was, right until she passed out, the upper limits of her stamina being pushed and her memories fading away as consciousness left.

---

The next thing Arlan recalled was the gentle movement of Mara beside her, delicate rearrangement that happened to wake her, causing tired eyes to flutter open and a small smile to grace her features. "Morning beautiful." Her voice was a bit hoarse, the night before being the most she had screamed and cried out in a long time. She moved fingers up and massaged her throat, clearing it as a bit of magic glowed from her fingertips and she used her minor knowledge in healing arts to fix the raspy quality to her otherwise feminine tone. "That's better." She spoke clearly, snuggling up against Mara instead of moving to get up, a small giggle as she leaned in and nipped at the wolf's nose and finished it off with a quick lick of the tip. She was still tired but not nearly enough to dash the happy high from their night together, especially considering they had seemed to work out the few problems they had been struggling with over the course of the night. She felt closer to Mara than ever... And more sure she was the one, her mate... Though she didn't believe Mara would have ever let her go, even if she came to a different realization.

"I love you too." She spoke, relaxing again and letting her body find its place against Mara's, their fit always having been quite good considering she was taller. "Do you have to go in to work today?" She didn't seem disappointed at the prospect but Arlann had decided the moment she glimpsed her lover's face, she wasn't going to leave her side for the entire day, that included work, or any trip to the office, and Mara got no choice... The mage wanted as much time with her lover as possible, and they both did kind of need to go check on Sammie, after their 'reveal' of sorts at Parekura, there were sure to be jealous eyes on the beta, and now that their night of solitude was over, it was prime time to go see their other little lover, though if Mara wasn't going to the office she would be more than happy to wait a little longer.

“I kind of liked your raspy voice…it was very sexy.” Mara teased and nibbled at her lover’s ear. Years of being a CEO had trained her to be a morning person, one of the few things about the werewolf that had changed in their time apart. So although she was tired and wanted to lay in bed all day, snuggling her lover, she couldn’t because the sun was up and she had things to do. Besides, Arlann licking her nose would’ve woken her up if nothing else had. She wrinkled her nose and shook her head, a feisty growl resounding in her throat as her mate pulled a wolfish move that was usually reserved for pups. “You’re lucky I like you so much.” The brunette huffed, but didn’t pounce or wrestle, even though she wanted to…she knew that Arlann was tired and would need a gentler hand to wake up to.

“Yes and no… It –is- technically my day off and I –could- do all the work I have to do from home…but there’s a big luncheon at Lykos to celebrate all the company victories with the betas that could not attend, I need to make an appearance.” Mara kissed her mate lightly on the cheek. “I’ll be home by three though…unless you can’t behave while I do my work, in which case I’ll have to stay at the office.” Usually they could handle working in the apartment without getting distracted by one another, but Mara didn’t want to take any chances today. She had many things to look over and catch up on in the week that she had played hooky and she really didn’t like falling behind.

But it appeared that there was no prying herself away from her mate, Arlann insisting that she come along to and giving Mara those goddamned puppy dog eyes that the wolf so hated. There was no reason that a human should be so good at begging! No reason at all! So of course, because Mara adored her best friend more than anything in the world, she was unable to say ‘No Arlann, you’re not coming to work with me,’ and instead just agreed for her lover to come along too.

----

Sammie was a nervous wreck. Mara had turned off her phone, undoubtedly because she didn’t want to be disturbed on her romantic evening along with Arlann. (Not that Sammie could blame her boss, she would want the same thing… Well, not with Arlann! No, of course not. She cared deeply for her Alpha and the mage, but she didn’t want to be with either of them that way, she was merely envious of the connection that the two women shared.) Now the caterers were arriving and her boss was nowhere to be seen and Sammie was trying her best to arrange things the way Mara would like them but she wasn’t sure that she was doing it right and where the hell was Mara?!?!

"Oh Mara, it's so cute that you think you could escape me. I mean sure, we had our time apart... But in all that time neither of us found someone else as special..." She leaned in, kissing her lover ever so gently, "We both know this won't ever be ending... I'm your mate after all, and human or not I know more about wolf culture than most." She moved up and slowly mounted atop her gorgeous wolf. "So when I say, I'm so very happy to be your mate, I'm very much aware what I'm signed up for... A lifetime with you." She grinned and leaned down to kiss her mate again, sleepiness quickly disappearing as she took control where it seemed Mara was hesitating.

"You're not getting rid of me today." It was much firmer than the rest of their conversation, because Arlann meant it. "How about this, I'll go into work with you, and maybe even give you a hand since I've been bored out of my fucking mind recently without work, and we can have a nice lunch with Sammie and get done nice and early." After a little 'convincing' with her incredibly skillful begging, Arlann knowing just how to manipulate her best friend, she hopped off of Mara, and the bed, and started walking towards the shower. "And don't even act like I can't help you at work! Don't you forget I'm a very successful stockbroker and a certified accountant." Not to mention she picked up things so quickly it made other peoples efforts look ridiculous. In fact just watching and casually helping Mara in their time together had her quite educated in what it was her lover did. Maybe she should help her more often... A cure for boredom and those annoying late nights without Mara when she worked. Hah, Mara was going to hate that idea.

---

By lunch time Arlann had tried to prove she could do whatever Mara needed her to, including calm down Sammie when they first arrived, the adorable little thing panicking as she tried to take on some responsibilities she wasn't accustomed to. Arlann couldn't tell whether her mate liked having someone working with her, she had always had the feeling Mara preferred doing all the work herself, to ensure no errors were made, but of all people Arlann liked to think she was pretty damn trustworthy... And hell, if it hadn't been for their fucked up reunion she would have brought the company down, she could certainly help build it up! As she leaned back in her seat, jutting out at the end of Mara's desk, she looked up to the clock and then over to her lover. "Hey, babe, it's time for that luncheon thing. We've made serious progress, even if you don't want to admit I'm helpful, so how about you not be late to your own event?" She grinned, loving the whole 'pain in the ass' role she played. "And you know you want some of that delicious food... I mean as good as Parekura's grub was, with us starving and all, Sylvia's cooking tops it easily." As she stood up her eyes never left Mara, a subtle, 'that wasn't a request' look making sure Mara got the drift, 'food, now.'

Sammie was relieved when Arlann and Mara showed up; organizing the luncheon was not something that she was comfortable doing. Plus Sylvia was sure to show up sometime and Sammie was very confused about how she felt about the lesser Alpha, especially when she took into consideration their last encounter. When her friends arrived she could relax...a little bit anyways. The beta easily fell into the role of assistant, calling Mara by her title and keeping a respectful amount of distance between them even though their was a collar around her neck that clearly gave away their personal relationship.

"You can play if you want...just don't make her uncomfortable." Mara nudged her mate to Sammie who could grow very shy if she was being fawned over in public. Confident that no one would ever come between them, Mara didn't worry about Arlann giving her assistant a less than businesslike greeting. She herself wouldn't be giving any hugs or kisses to Sammie at work though. As much as she adored the beta, she wanted to make it clear that her personal life would not bleed into her business life.

---

Mara was the type of woman that -hated- other people helping her. Yes, Arlann was successful, talented, and most importantly competent....but that didn't mean that she wanted the Mage helping her. Mara just liked to do her work herself in order to ensure no mistakes were made, plus doing as much as she could on her own made sure that she knew what was going on. The wolf had a remarkable memory....but only if she read the information, information that was relayed to her verbally was usually forgotten within minutes. So the wolf lived via lists and notes...thankfully Arlann knew this and kept a written audit of what she had done for Mara to look over later.

"You're very helpful..." Mara didn't sound 100% sincere in her reassurance, but that was as good as Arlann was going to get from the control freak. "But alright...I suppose we can call it a day." There were a few more things she wanted to do, but she couldn't deny that she was starting to get hungry, especially because she could smell the delicious food from the multi-purpose room, even from her office. Plus Arlann was just an even bigger pain in her ass when she wanted food; the hungrier the Mage got, the less cute she became. With a yawn and a stretch, Mara saved her documents and then clicked off her monitor. Then she got up, offering her hand to Arlann to help her up so they could walk down to the luncheon together. They knocked on Sammie's office before heading down, dragging the beta away from all the emails that she had to go through and respond to or redirect.

As affectionate as the Alpha was with her mate, she was quick to bat Arlann away or quietly reprimand her with a glare if the Mage became too playful or asserted her dominance a little too much. She may love to play the role of switch in the bedroom, but here at Lykos, Mara was the Alpha in every way shape and form. So when Arlann got especially touchy, the wolf leaned over to nip her ear and whisper. "Behave...or else you're going to be the beta bitch tonight when we get home."

Arlann rather enjoyed working with Mara, not that her mate made it an easy task with her constant worry and overbearing nature, but a few concessions made things easier, and working was a nice change of pace. In the end all it really meant was a bit more work anyways, giving her finished reports and analysis over to Mara with notes and written comments, allowing her lover to check over her completed assignment, not efficient but the productivity was certainly more than Mara could have done alone... Especially when there hadn't been a single mistake. That was probably the only reason she got the menial complement she received. "Hey, admit it or not you know I am, it's not like you had to correct anything, and you looked over all the information without having to actually do it all... I think maybe I should do this more often... You know, so I don't go insane without anything to do everyday, not to mention you could get home earlier and I wouldn't have to do without you by my side so much."

Arlann had tried a bit of guilt tripping to make Mara agree to the idea, but she didn't hold her breath for Mara to agree, she was hopeful but not completely confident her presence would be okay with her lover on a regular basis. Sure it was a bit irritating to think that was the case, but her best friend had always been an anal stick in the mud when it came to work. Work was over though and Arlann wasn't going to let a possible no, or her adorable little stick in the mud, get her mood down. Not that anything could stop her when her stomach was on a mission. Well... Nothing could stop her, but Mara's little promise for what would happen if she didn't behave in front of all the employees gave her pause... And not the good, 'reconsidering her actions' type pause, but the more devious 'well doesn't that sound interesting' type of hesitation. How delightful.

She didn't attack immediately, even if the proposition sounded more tantalizing than usual, she knew better than to push her luck so blatantly, she respected Mara's position after all... Just not enough to let it go completely. So she fixed a plate, giving the chef a small nod of appreciation which was responded to with indifference, Sylvia not wishing to be friendly with the two women who were playing with her crush, and took her seat between her two ladies.

It was a stupid idea, moronic, but once Arlann had eaten her fill, stomach coming before everything else... She decided it was time to push that little cache of luck she had and subtly resist Mara's claim to dominance. It wasn't as obvious as her nips and touches before she had been warned, nobody could see it, but her hands had reached out to either side and found their way where they didn't belong... On both the gorgeous women she was proud to call hers. They were after all... Hers, as much as she was theirs. Her fingers didn't launch right in however, she gave them both time to realize what was going on, fingers playfully rubbing through fabric before attempting to squeeze between flesh and fabric, slowly, deliberately, and with Arlann looking straight ahead and even sharing a few words with others. It was perfect, at least, perfect in regards to her secretly wanting that delectable treatment Mara had so naively threatened her with... And maybe getting one of them to moan before they had a chance to stop her, though her slow build had been to give them time, she did respect the positions after all... Though, she doubted this would help convince Mara she would be a good presence in the workplace. They both knew that wasn't really going to be stopped however, Arlann could be so very persuasive... And... Competent.

Mara was curious as to what had Sylvia in such a rotten mood this afternoon. Usually the chef was friendly and chattering with her catering staff or with Lykos employees, but today she was sullenly silent. She didn’t get a chance to ask how she was though; Mara’s hands were currently full with a towering plate of food and a rambunctious Arlann to reign in. Guh…I knew I should have just made her go home. As much as she enjoyed having her mate near her throughout her day, Arlann was a major distraction. Their relationship was still new, only a few months old, so of course Mara desired lots of time cuddling with her new girlfriend…though the wolf was sure that it would never get boring or tedious with time; their friendship had always been fresh and exciting, their love life certainly would be as well. Arlann would always be a distraction, no matter how long the two of them were together.

At least once they sat down the mage was behaving. For as long as they ate, Arlann was a good girl, striking up polite conversation with wolves that were a little more open minded to her status as a mage. Plenty of elitists refused to talk to her, knowing that if they said anything remotely offensive to the mage, Mara wouldn’t just fire them, she would rip them to pieces. The luncheon was going fairly well overall though. The food was delicious as usual, the atmosphere was laid back and relaxed. Her employees all seemed happy enough to be away from their desks and the Alphas were more than eager to regale the betas with stories from Parekura.

Mara was in the middle of recounting one of her matches when she felt fingers play along her skirt. At first she thought that Arlann had just accidentally nudged her, but it soon became very evident that her lover was doing this all on purpose. Pffft…like she’s going to get anything out of me. Without any alcohol to lower her inhibitions, Mara was doing a very good job of pretending that she didn’t notice a damn thing that Arlann was doing under the table. Sure, the wolf’s heart skipped a beat as naughty fingers found their way between her legs and under her panties, but she continued on with her story as though nothing were the matter.

While Mara was doing a pretty good job of saving face, Sammie was turning into a shaking wreck. The beta had prided herself on being fairly independent, at least by beta standards anyways, but a night alone without her two lovers had been sad. Now she knew how domesticated dogs felt when their owners left: restless and feeling like their masters would never come home. She hadn’t ever minded being alone in her own apartment before…but Mara’s place was so much bigger, the extravagant penthouse had been really lonely last night. She was all too eager to get some attention again…unfortunately that attention came in the form of Arlann trying to finger her under the table. Throbbing and needy, she let out a soft whine, her cheeks quickly turning pink as she caught her own scent of arousal in the air.

The sound of Sammie whimpering caught Mara’s attention. Blue eyes gave a sideways glance to see what was the matter and sure enough, her assistant was squirming uncomfortably and Arlann had that terribly unconvincing look of innocence on her face. “Excuse me for a moment…I just remembered something time sensitive I need to check on in my office. Arlann, come. Sammie…” Mara excused herself and got up from the table, seamlessly adjusting her skirt so that it fell naturally even though Arlann had hiked it up earlier. Evidently this wasn’t the first time that the Alpha had been fingered under the table. Sammie on the other hand had a bit more trouble adjusting herself, though once she was up she practically ran, quickly taking up her place on Mara’s heels, leaving Arlann to follow or stay all alone in a room full of wolves that were only playing nice because she was fucking the boss.

Mara was a tough woman, and her sexual experience made it very difficult for Arlann to get the best of her lover... Fortunately Sammie was a bit more... Responsive. The adorable Beta seemed very in need of some time with both of them, and Arlann for one found it insanely hot that a single night away had the tall female so very out of shape. It spoke volumes to their place in Sammie's life, at least sexually. What spoke more was Mara, who immediately made up a half-assed excuse to save Sammie from the evil clutches of the mage, Arlann grinning as both of her lover's got up and darted off, heading straight towards Mara's office and giving the mage little choice but to follow suite. It wasn't how she would have planned it, following Mara certainly meant being lured into a trap where her little step-stool of power would be toppled and leave her to be devoured... But the conversation and company, aside from her lovers, was painfully dull. Not that the wolves were all bad people, but they were nowhere near as appealing as the two gorgeous woman leaving the table.

To make it a tad more convincing, that the openly connected trio would all be getting up at the same time, she gave a puzzled look and watched them walk off for a moment before finally following. It was a tactical decision, it gave Mara more time to prepare and flip the situation, which was the only possible outcome after fucking with her at work in front of all of the employees, but it saved face in the long run, Arlann knowing that more than anything else, rumors and unprofessional atmosphere would sour Mara to her presence in the workplace faster than anything else. So the choice had been easy, even if it meant more short-term trouble for the mage, and after a moments hesitation, and a polite excusing of herself from the table, Arlann stood and followed Sammie and Mara to the bosses office... Mmm, being the boss sure made Mara sexier. Maybe that would be a fun little roleplay fantasy, though she doubted it would be completely unique for her experienced mate.

---

Sylvia had finished giving out food to everyone but she didn't leave... As annoyed and out of sync as she felt looking at her crush and two other beautiful women flirting and conversing, she wasn't about to put personal matters over business. That was what she kept telling herself, keeping it together as she watched the shy Sammie look so comfortable around the mage, and Mara pay more attention to her assistant than ever. It wasn't major but there was a subtle difference in the relationship only someone semi-stalkerish like Sylvia would notice... Which was precisely how she realized what was going on beneath the table. The look on Sammie's face, the lack of hands above the table, the sudden movement from the table. It was clear and each different realization was doing a good job of pissing the chef off, the lesser alpha bristling and cursing under her breath... She was going to need a joint later to settle her nerves.

It wasn't until the very last moment that she lost it, watching the mage go inside the office with the two other women, the smirk on the woman's face, it said it all, and Sylvia grit her teeth, growling beneath her breath. Sure, she wasn't an alpha with as much influence or prestige as Mara, but she wasn't the type to back down. So before she could stop herself Sylvia had slipped away from her spot and had made her way back to the office, practically shaking with rage and with a determination rarely felt by the laid back chef. It was all for Sammie... Because she liked her... Because no matter what was going on behind that door she needed to say how she felt and not lose the chance to try for her long time crush. She wasn't going to lose without ever fighting. So she swung open the office door and shut it firmly behind herself, not looking to make a public scene, even if she planned on making a private one. What she saw... Well, the few minutes she missed while building up rage... A lot must have happened.

It was easy for Mara to adore Sammie, the wolf was smart, her nose constantly in a book when she wasn't working, she was friendly and polite, the most thoughtful and sweetest girl that anyone could ask for. Plus the young woman was an amazing assistant, eager to help, punctual, hardworking, and an excellent writer and proofreader. The only thing that had ever really prevented the Alpha from pursuing a relationship with Sammie was the fact that the beta was very sensitive and Mara wouldn't be able to live with herself if she broke her assistant's heart. Plus, despite Mara's slutty nature, she had made it a firm rule to not sleep with anyone from work. Though there wasn't really a rule against sleeping with someone in her office...it was one of the reasons that Mara's office had a luxurious leather couch and a bathroom for cleaning up afterwards.

By the time Arlann had slipped into the large office, Mara and Sammie were seated on the couch, the horny beta less than patiently waiting as Mara tortured her. The girl's panties were already off, her skirt was hitched up and bunched around her thighs, and her legs were spread, slit soaked and practically begging for more as Mara's fingers teased the swollen lips and played along the neat patch of hair over her mound. "Arlann...have a seat." Mara grinned over to her mate and motioned to the chair that she had put infront of the couch so that the Mage would have a wonderful view. "Sammie has been so good today...haven't you Sammie?" The beta nodded eagerly, hoping a quick response would get her a reward. "And because Sammie has been so good and you have been so bad, Arlann, I thought you might like to see what rewards obedient lovers get-"

The door to the office burst open and Sammie gave a surprised squeak and hurried to pull her dress down. Mara immediately got up from the couch and moved to position herself between Sylvia and her two females, instinctively moving to protect what was hers. Of course being shorter than everyone didn't leave her with much ability to block the view of Sammie's uncovered slit, but Mara tried her best to distract the other Alpha. "Sylvia!" She offered a strained smile, obviously annoyed that the chef had just barged in here. "Discretion would be very much appreciated...as would a knock on the door next time. What is it you need?" The only reason for the chef bursting in here would be for an issue and Mara was hoping that nothing was on fire in her building.

Sylvia had already made guesses as to the relationship the three women had, but seeing it first hand was a bit more difficult to handle than the knowledge that 'something' was going on. Seeing Sammie's gorgeous lower half... Dripping as Mara toyed with her... The mage just watching with a needy look on her face. Sylvia had caught it all before they all shifted their attention to her interruption, and never had she felt as worried as she did the moment all eyes were on her. First there was Mara, who looked absolutely unhappy at having her personal time interrupted, the smile on her face as disingenuous a one as Sylvia had ever seen. Then there was Arlann, the mage also on her feet with a less than friendly look, more direct in her displeasure than the other two women... And then Sammie, collared and panicking that she had been seen in such a compromising position, but instead of feeling sorry for the adorable stuttering thing Sylvia became angry, growling quite pathetically in the back of her throat, the lesser alpha recovering quickly enough to have her irritation as sharp as it was on the way into the room.

It was lucky the startling discovery hadn't killed what was giving her courage, because when Mara asked what she needed she had a response, even if a stupid one that hadn't been properly thought out. "I want Sammie!" She didn't yell loud enough for it to travel to those outside the room, but it was said with a firm voice and only a modicum of tremor from her nervousness. "I've had a crush on her forever and I can't stand the two of you taking her, I mean..." Before she could stop herself she had said it, and then paused... And then, well she stated ranting, the ravings that truly made her sound a bit stalkerish, how she always glanced at Sammie, delivered personally just to see her, thought she and her stutter were adorable, basically all of the things she knew the other two women had to like plus her own brand of... Well creepy. She didn't mean it that way but lack of courage had made her little more than an onlooker, and by the end of her semi-childish ranting she found herself at wits end... Until the worst thing possible happened.

Now as an alpha Sylvia could shift whenever she wanted, but shifting was not as positive for Sylvia as it was for other alphas. She didn't become a powerful wolf, she had a rare gene, part of what made her lesser... As she lot control, as it took over... Her ears were replaced by adorable, fluffy, wolf ears, and a tail grew, poking out the back of her jeans. Where nothing else could stop her from making an ass of herself that did, and she went from trying to express her feelings to a deep blush and hands flying up to try and cover the ears... Which was useless by that point. "Fuck!" She never liked people knowing about her... 'Wolf' form, it was one of the secrets she guarded tirelessly, and the reason she chose not to attend Parekura and such events. It was humiliating, not just that she was a weak alpha, but that her form was a joke, and now, of all people, Mara, a mage, and Sammie had all seen it.

---

Arlann hadn't been exactly pleased, the situation she found herself in was especially submissive, having to just watch... But it was fucking sexy. Arlann was dripping, arousal wafting through the air, and then it stopped and she was on her feet, both protective and irritated that someone had put themselves in the middle of her time with Mara and Sammie! And yet... The moment the ears and tail popped out her eyes lit up and she grinned like a kid on Christmas. "No fucking way. Mara, Mara! You never told me this could happen, can you do it?" She was thrilled, looking to both her lovers, curious if they could make themselves as cute. The adorable wolf form in front of her was amazing, an anime fantasy come to life and when she finally looked back to the other woman she just tilted her head and took the sight in, almost ignoring all of the 'I have a crush on Sammie' crap, though she hadn't forgotten by a long shot. in fact she was in the 'Over my dead body' category as far as how she felt about the long, incessant confession of feelings. Sammie was theirs, crush or not Arlann wasn't going to lose her.

"You want...what?" No one was more surprised by Sylvia's impromptu admission of affection than Sammie. The beta gawked at her, still blushing and embarrassed ...and trying to covertly search the floor for her discarded panties, but also pleasantly surprised that anyone could want her enough to come bursting into Marama Marrock's office without an invitation. Rather than see Sylvia's interest in her as creepy or stalkerish, the woman who had her nose buried in romance novels and fantasy books saw it as sweet, romantic even.

Mara on the other hand was not moved by Sylvia's suddenly growing a pair. "You've had feelings for her forever and you choose to do something about it now?!" The wolf snarled as Sylvia shifted. She had never seen the other female transform on a night other than the full moon and now Mara was caught between wanting to laugh at her appearance or growl and transform to show her own dominance. The chef's embarrassment and attempt to hide her ears quelled Mara's Alpha's concerns that another wolf was encroaching on her territory or trying to take away one of her females. "No I can't turn into that!" Mara huffed, obviously offended by her mate's interest in the other female. She knew she shouldn't be, Arlann loved anime and nekos were bunched into all that nonsense. But the wolf in her was offended that Arlann would trade her majestic animal form for a cartoon character.

Ever the business woman, Mara looked between Sylvia and Sammie, evaluating the situation between the two women. On the one hand, her assistant was collared and clearly belonged to her and Arlann...but on the other hand, Sylvia was a good woman, a bit of a slacker but good. Perhaps she could give Sammie something that her and Arlann could not. "Sammie is with us because she chooses to be....she can terminate out arrangement if she wishes. I personally would prefer that she does not, I would assume my mate feels the same way...."

"I-I do l-like being with buh-both of you. Buh-but I...." Sammie bit her lip nervously, looking over at the three women that seemed to be expecting her to make a decision one way or another. "I...I do f-find you ch-charming, Alpha Sylvia. P-perhaps we could go on a d-d-date?" The brunette stammered, very nervous to ask Sylvia on a date not only because it was terrifying to do but because she was also afraid of offending Mara and Arlann.

Back
Top Bottom