Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Run Away Slave (kinky-sub x Inwiththebooks)

Lea, as opposed to Chloe, felt no problem in offending Amelia and snarled as one of the slaves tried to remove her robe. The woman snatched the clothing from the slave’s grip and shoed her away with a sour expression on her face. Her sister shook her head in exasperation as she stepped into the bath, the younger sibling disrobing without assistance. She could dress and undress herself without help from Amelia’s lackeys. She had never asked Chloe to dress her because it was a foolish thing, the sorceress could do simple day to day things and having someone do it for her screamed of the kind of decadence she hated.

Once the sorceress stood as naked as the day she was born she trudged into the water, content to bathe herself. Her mood changed completely as Chloe requested her to help wash her back which she moved to do without comment. That was when she finally got a good look at her back. At that same moment one of the benches nearby spontaneously caught fire, brilliant flames bursting to life which the slaves scrambled to extinguish. Magic sparked up all around Lea, chaotic and dangerous as she looked at the scars on her partner’s back.

“Lea! Control yourself!” Amelia admonished.

“I am going to kill her when I get my hands on her. Mark my words; she is going to pay for this-this abuse!” Lea promised, reigning in her anger and making the air less dangerous as she started scrubbing Chloe’s back very gently.

“Right. Well, in any event. Your things should be here soon. You’ll be set up in the western wing of the palace, in your old room. I assume you would like your consort to share your room?” Amelia said slowly, moving on though she stole glances at the extinguished bench.

“That is up to her. I don’t own Chloe. If anything she has me at her beck and call as you can see.” Lea offered snidely.

“I see. Well then, I will direct my question to Chloe. Would you like to share Lea’s quarters or do you wish a room of your own? In exchange for my part in your… rescue effort, Lea has agreed to stay close at hand in case I require her services and research.” Amelia inquired politely.

Lea briefly added extra pressure at her scrubbing of Chloe’s back with Amelia’s explanation, clearly not liking that cost. She corrected herself a moment later continuing to scrub gentle circles around Chloe’s back. She pecked at her neck in apology and glared at her sister briefly for bringing it up so bluntly. She did not want her partner to worry about what saving her had cost, as far as Lea was concerned she could life a happy life so long as Chloe was at her side.

Chloe felt bad watching the the bench catch fire and could feel the Lea's energy around her , she knew she would be safe close to her an Lea would never harm her on purpose. Still she should have had a slave do it to avoid this all together though she thought Lea might have calmed down a little now that Chloe was in her arms. "I'ts okay Lea, they'll heal are the last ones I will ever get." Chloe said trying to calm her lover down a bit seeing her sister had not done the best job with that. She leaned her head back smiling up at her before kissing her lightly on the lips, keeping it short due to the fact that Amelia was around.

The bath was exactly what Chloe needed minus the added fire and destruction of the bench, the water felt good on her feet and she couldn't wait to soak her whole body in it. As Lea added a bit more pressure a clear wince of pain stretched across her face though she held back from making any sound not wanting Lea to feel worse about what she had done. " I've never had my own room before, unless you count Lea's top drawer. But I don't want you to waste another room just for me, so I'll just share with Lea assuming she doesn't mind." Chloe said smiling to Lea knowing her answer would be yes.

Once Lea had finished her back Chloe rinsed herself off using a bucket and filling it from the pool. Now that she was all Clean she slowly lowered her deeper into the pool. The warm water felt wonderful on her as it soothed away her stiff muscle from her dreadful sleep arrangements during the week. as the water began covering her back it did sting a little but soon felt good on her scars. "So this is permanent I'm guessing?" Chloe asked looking at Amelia and then to Lea. She prayed it wasn't as she could tell that Lea wasn't fond of her sister and Chloe would have a full time job keeping Lea in a relaxed state.Though it didn't matter to Chloe she was with Lea and even if she wanted to move to a cave Chloe would follow her partner just to be with her. She moved over a little in the pool playfully splashing Lea for her to join Chloe in the water where they could relax together.

Amelia nodded. “Indeed. That was the agreement I required from Lea to lend my aid to save you. She has always been rather the rebellious loner and it is simply childish really. Honestly, five centuries old and she still acts like she’s eighteen.” The older sister said, waving a hand errantly.

Lea flinched when her sister mentioned her actual age, that was one more secret out of the bag it appeared. Sorcery allowed one to live a good long while, essentially becoming a form of immortality. It differed from classic magic as sorcery required one use the magic that existed in one’s own spirit. Magic however was more commonly available in the world around one. A fine difference but it meant the difference between a mortal life span and an indefinite one. The sorceress opted not to comment and instead followed Chloe deeper to the other side of the pool.

It was here that the sorceress opted to passionately kiss Chloe, wrapping her wet arms around her and standing on the tips of her toes once more. She did not care that Amelia was watching, she needed contact like this after being away from her partner’s touch for that long and stressful week. Her sister sighed in disgust, finishing up her own bathing and getting out to be dried off and to depart. She rolled her eyes at the sight of Lea clinging to the former slave, clearly not very impressed.

“Right. You two enjoy yourselves. I won’t need Lea for today so feel free to get settled in her quarters once you are done here.” Amelia offered as she left.

Once she was gone Lea separated from Chloe, looking up at her sheepishly. “Sorry about that. I know how uncomfortable open displays of affection make her and I wanted her gone. We need to talk.” The sorceress said, leaning into her partner slightly.

“So, yes, I am over five hundred years old. Hope you don’t mind loving older women. Also, I wanted to ask how it happened and what exactly happened. Your kidnapping and imprisonment I mean. You were murmuring in your sleep and thrashing about. I understand it will take some time to get you past this and I am willing to wait until you are comfortable again. However I wish to know. Telling me now will spare a number of future benches, after all.” Lea said.

Chloe looked rather shock hearing Lea's true age and had not expect her to be that old but at the same time, it didn't mean anything to her as she only cared how she felt towards her and around Lea. She enjoyed her kiss even if she could feel Amelia staring and judging the two of them, making her feel a little uncomfortable but she was too wrapped up in exploring Lea's mouth to care about that at the moment, and was happy to hear her leave the two of them alone in the pool.

"It's okay Lea your age doesn't mean anything to me, I think it's cool that you've been around for so long."Chloe said only choosing to answer the first part of her question. She dreaded the second part as she knew exact details would only serve to fuel Lea's hatred for Helena. But she had to tell her, not knowing what she said in her sleep didn't help and she guessed Lea had some ideas or at least a good guess on what happened to her. She took a moment to calm herself thinking back over the whole week of pain she experienced. "I know, it doesn't help if I'm suffering alone." Chloe said trying to hold back the tears and pain from just thinking about it all.

"She was different this time around, before she would just whip me until her arm grew tired and leave, but this time around she got into head with her poisonous words. She whipped me and branded my back again like the old days." Chloe said her happiness and joy leaving her voice as she retold her tale. Chloe took in a deep breath and let it out knowing the next part was the worst. " She found out about our moment in the kitchen after choking me , and instead of beating me for it. She wanted to make me hurt another way, she tied me to the table and pleasured me roughly against my will, mocking our moment saying you used me. I wanted that to be only with you and could never enjoy myself when she played with me." Chloe said tear now rolling down her face as she hugged Lea burying her face into her for a moment." She gave me a break while a healer worked on my back so I wouldn't die on her and when she came back she had a fist full of your hair saying it was all that was left after her men violated and killed you. And the night you came for me she forced herself on me again." Chloe said finishing her tale of torture to Lea.

"Please don't blame yourself for it, you came even after I though you had given up and where dead. That's all that matter's now Lea." Chloe said still crying as she held Lea trying to preemptively prevent her rage from growing too much.

Lea gritted her teeth through the whole of Chloe’s tale, holding in her anger just barely as she imagined the terror her lover must have felt. When she confirmed that Helena had violated her, the sorceress nearly exploded with anger. The things she had tried to twist Chloe to believe were rather sick, reminding Lea of when Chloe had questioned her intensions with her. That torment and messing with her head had to have been the reason. Another reason for her to wish Helena to suffer in ways Lea had never wished harm on another. She was going to take pleasure in dealing with the noble.

Blame herself? It was hard for Lea to stop, knowing full well she could have taken Chloe with her into town that day. She had been buying things for her after all. Even if the town was looking for her the sorceress could have just shrunk her down and kept her with her. Instead she had left her alone. She had not been there when Helena’s henchmen had arrived to kidnap her, that was the only reason she had suffered so much. No matter what Chloe said, Lea knew full well that the fault was upon her shoulders.

The sorceress did not vocalize any of these thoughts of course, instead tipping her head up and kissing Chloe deeply. Her arms wrapped around her lover and pulled her close, her lips staying on her lover’s. She stopped after a minute, letting her head rest against Chloe’s breast so that she could hear her heartbeat. Lea closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths, trying to remind herself that what was important was that Chloe was back in her arms. That she could do things like this with her again, that she was no longer in the hands of an abusive madwoman.

“Never again. I will never let anyone take you from me again. I would never give up on you Chloe. Something about you awoke something I had not experienced for over one hundred years, a desire I had thought long dead. Though the days with you were few I knew that you were something special.”
Lea said, enjoying the warmth of both the water and her partner’s body.

Chloe had expected expected another outburst of fire from her partner though she was happy partner manged to control it in. As Lea pulled her in fro a kiss Chloe stopped crying and closed her eyes enjoying the moment with her her in the pool. Being close to her and feeling her arms around her and Lea listening to her heart had a calming effect on Chloe as she was able to push the pain out of her mind and back into the corner where it belonged. Every new moment with Lea and feeling happy to just be around her slowly shrank her fears proving she was safe and loved.

Hearing Lea's comment pushed her over the moon and a few tears fell from her eyes though they contained no sorrow only joy knowing she had such effect on the woman."Awwwww, I love being around you Lea, your the first person who was made me feel truly happy, and glad I have the same effect on you." Chloe said before she reached her head down and pulled her tight kissing her quickly. After releasing from her kiss she rested her head on Lea's closing her eyes and just relaxed for a while.

As much as she would have loved to stay in the pool all day their was the matter of setting up Lea's things and Chloe's hands had begun to wrinkle from being in the water so long. She made her way out of the and grabbed two towels handing one of them to Lea. She dried herself off with hers leaning against the wall for support not wanting to use the charred bench. "Lea what do you do to pass time in the day? Never thought I would have a free life and feels odd and wonderful all at the same time." Chloe asked as she started to put her clothes back on. She was curious as she never saw much her while she was in the lab and wanted to know more, and also get some ideas as she now had a free life a head of her and didn't know what to do with it.

Lea was content to stay there with Chloe for a bit, soaking up in the bath with a slight smile upon her face. However that was not to be, there were still some things that needed to be done today for them to settle into her room. After that she no doubt would have a day or two to relax before her sister set her to work on this or that project. Amelia was all business most of the time sadly, which meant she could be quite the slave driver at times. The sorceress frowned as she remembered their last magical collaboration, which had leveled a good portion of a tower.

The question Chloe posed to her gave Lea cause to think as she started dressing herself, frowning slightly as she drew into her own mind. The sorceress could not exactly relate to the former slave’s dilemma, she would not dare to suggest the woman simply do as she had before. Chloe was not a slave anymore and Lea did not want her to act like one. She was no mage so magical experiments were out of the question. She doubted Helena had bothered to teach her how to read so going into her sister’s library would be redundant.

“Hmm… I generally read old scrolls and texts I can gather from my contacts around the continent. I also test new magic. Most of what I did to pass the time was work; I dislike not testing a new idea or new theory. Not exactly helpful to you, as you know nothing of magic. On the odd days I did not wish to work I would go into town and look around for little knickknacks to purchase. At one point I purchased a good deal of clothing just to collect the buttons and buckles.”
Lea said, leaving out that Helena’s goons had stolen her collection for some odd reason.

“We could go shopping if you like, I suppose. Maybe buy some clothes that will fit you. This castle is at the center of a large city, Milior. I don’t suppose you have ever been in a city?” The sorceress suggested, finishing strapping on her sandals.

"Once a little over three years ago, my father brought me and my mother to a city to help with a special task for the lady of the house, we got to see most of the city before he left us at an auction house." Chloe said as she finished adjusting her clothes so they fit better. She hadn't though of her past in a while as her time with Helena seemed to take up most of her memory. Her early years where nothing special mostly filled with being trained to serve and learn housework so she could begin helping out as soon as possible. But that life style was behind her and she had a bright future, and could be like Lea once she discovered her passion. She did love watching Lea work and had always been curious how magic work but doubted she would be able to learn, and her lack of education wouldn't help.

" Never been clothes shopping before but would love to see the city with you Lea. And was thinking that we could find someone to turn your gift into a necklace I always want to have it one me and never lose it." Chloe said smiling as the two of them left back for the room. As the two of them walked alongside each other she held onto Lea's hand loosely not sure if she would mind and could easily pull it away if need be. She allowed Lea to lead the way as she didn't where the west was, her mind wandering as the two of the walked along on what she could do to with her time."I think I'm going to try and teach myself to read, might take a while but have some basic down from when my mother tried before she was yelled at for doing so. And then could help you with your test and theories. " Chloe said looking down at Lea with a smile as she had one more thing to look forward to.

As the two of them reached Lea's old room Chloe opened the the door holding it open for her looking at the neatly stacked pile of boxes and bags in the center. Chloe set to work helping Lea unpack doing more of the work as she was just used to these kind of things and was second nature to her. She paused a few times to ask where to put things and a few rare minutes she took a quick break on the bed. "Why buttons and buckles? Did you use them for enchantments or just to look at?" Chloe asked as she started to help again curious why someone would buy clothes just for the small things on them.

Lea was not exactly sure what she could possibly say to that bit of information Chloe shared, she did not exactly have much to compare it to. She had no memory of her parents, centuries had whittled away at memories deemed unimportant. Amelia likely knew nothing of them either or if she did she likely would not tell Lea if they were nice or not. Chloe had the misfortune of still remembering a number of unpleasant things, her nature human lifespan forcing her to keep those memories. The sorceress felt sorry for her really, that she had no way to forget the old pains. Though she also envied her as she remembered much of what the sorceress had forgotten over the ages.

Instead the sorceress picked up on shopping and seeing the city. “Indeed. I’m thinking something plain, not too flashy. Too many people pick flashy clothing and end up overshadowed by it while plain clothing will bring out your natural beauty. As for the necklace I am certain we can find someone to make one.” The sorceress said matter-of-factly.

Lea welcomed the close contact but noticed it was as though Chloe was still asking for permission, as the touch was light and almost unsure. The sorceress laced her fingers in her partner’s, giving her a reassuring smile. She did not want her to still think of their relationship as mistress and slave. She also did not mind being seen with Chloe beside her, Lea was rather forthright and tactless when it came to most things. If Amelia disapproved then she could take a jump off of the battlements.

“I could always help you learn if you like. I know a number of different languages after all and have possessed a few students over the years.” Lea offered as they arrived and set to work with the boxes.

The blue haired woman could have just used magic to move everything into place but opted to do things the menial way as Chloe seemed to like making herself useful. Everything was put into the place they had once been in, with the few new pieces being placed on top of the bookshelf. One in particular was something that looked suspiciously like a branch made from metal. A nice little item that she had recovered from the Ironbark Protectors. It hummed with old magic and resonated nicely with Lea’s spirit as its excess energy was absorbed into her spirit.

Her attention was drawn back to Chloe, who sat upon the large bed with a question leaving her lips. “I was trying my hand at Alchemy and needed small bits of metal to start with. Buttons and buckles are made from various metals, iron, bronze, silver, and even gold. They made for excellent tests of placing their properties on other items. Eventually I just kept collecting them, telling myself it was just in case and then simply because I liked to.” Lea replied.

“Learned that I am utterly terrible at alchemy and that trying to turn your house into solid gold is not as good an idea as it first seems.” She finished returning to placing her books on the shelf.

"That would be wonderful Lea, but only if you don't mind."Chloe said excited at the idea of spending time with Lea both nestled up close with a book. though she didn't want to be too much of a bother o her as Amelia would be requesting her at odd times and if she was helping Chloe it would eat up all her spare time. Happy with her break she bounced back and began to help Lea finish unpacking the rest of the boxes, working faster as she wanted to be done and head off to see the city with Lea. As she finished up the last stack of boxes she wondered why anyone would want a solid gold house, it seemed impractical and would be harder to clean."It does seem like a bad idea, though would be interesting for a little bit, and sure if if you try again you get better."

Once done smiled looking over everything happy to be done with the work, even if they had done it the slow way Chloe always felt a small bit of pride being able to see the fruits of her work.Se loved all of Lea's things as they were strange and all seemed to have some magical background fueling her fascination with magic. She gently pick up the branch Lea was looking at as it drew Chloe's attention and curiosity as she held in one hand while moving her fingers over the odd surface feeling the same energy around her as when Lea shrunk her." What is this Lea?" She asked putting it back gently realizing she should have asked about it before she picked it up though she assumed Lea wouldn't keep anything too dangerous in the room.

Ready and excited to leave the castle Chloe walked up behind Lea kissing her neck softly starting at the base by her shoulders and moved her way up, reaching her lips and gave her a long kiss. Her affection seemed to grow in more private areas when the two of them where alone and no one would judge what they did together. It wasn't out of embarrassment as she wanted no other but Lea in her life, but all her life she had been forbidden to carry out such acts and they still stuck with her. "Can we go out? I can't wait to go exploring with you and finally feel the sun again."

Lea snorted at the idea that such a task could possibly be a bother, rolling her eyes dramatically and returning to her work. Her sister was no doubt going to have her doing rather dull research as well as attending a few of her social functions to keep up appearances. Teaching Chloe how to read would be a far better task honestly, if only because they would be closer. The sorceress smirked as once she might have imagined Chloe sitting in her lap, reading in a nice chair. Now the image was her seated on her lover’s lap, a shiver of delight coursing down her spine.

Her attention was torn from such distractions as Chloe picked up the Ironbark Branch, putting it back down after asking what it was. “It is the branch from an Ironbark Tree. I received it from the Ironbark Protectors for assisting them about three decades back. Ironbark acts as a form of magical battery. It stores energy in great quantities and when it reaches a large amount it blooms, the metal flowers being collected by the Protectors and planted elsewhere to make new Ironbarks. It takes over two centuries for one to grow. To a full height anyway.” The sorceress stated.

“That branch stores a bit of my magical energy, allowing even someone untrained in magic to cast a few spells. If you like I could show you later when we get back.” Lea explained, shrugging as though it were the simplest thing.

With that the sorceress turned to take stock of everything in the room, freezing when Chloe came up behind her. Lea sighed and relaxed, allowing herself to lean into the attentions before turning to meet her lover’s lips with her own. The sorceress got up on her tip toes and kissed her back, enjoying the moment alone though really alone really did not matter to her. She’d be fine with being pressed up against a wall in the hall for this as well. Chloe however seemed none to fond of public displays of affection. Lea wrote it off as nerves.

“Mmm, I can bet. Let’s go then. I know where to find a good tailor.”
Lea said, giving Chloe one last kiss before offering her hand and heading out.

Once out of the castle, the city was immediately beyond and it was certainly a sight. Currently they were in the Upper City, where most high class shops were and where most nobles made their home. The castle was at the center of the Upper City, an intimidating sight with huge marble buttresses and stained glass windows dominating it. City itself was filled with people moving about their business and one could rarely go a step with someone calling to them to buy something. Lea remembered why she hated the place so much.

She would lead the way to Central Square, where a large statue of her sister stood in the middle depicting her holding a scroll in one hand and a staff in the other. Lea snorted at the sight of it and walked past, leading the way to a shop near the north-most edge. Inside the shop was a wide array of fabrics and show pieces, a few slaves posing here or there to display certain traits of the clothing. Lea caught the eye of the owner, a slim and rather overly perfumed man with golden jingling rings on each of his thin boney fingers.

“Ah! Lady Selvante! It has been some time! Come in, come in! You there girl, get a couple of chairs for our esteemed guests!” The man said, snapping a finger at one of the slaves.

“A pleasure as always, Marik. I see you haven’t budged in ten years. Anyway I am looking to buy some clothes for Chloe here.” The woman responded, sitting at the offered chair.

Marik’s eyes shifted to Chloe and his sharp gaze seemed to take in her measurements at but a glance, undressing her in a purely clinical manner. He smiled broadly, revealing a few gold capped teeth. “For a friend of yours? Only my finest work. Tell me, Lady Chloe, what do you desire? Any patterns that leap out at you? Any particular fashion you wish to adhere to? I trust money is a non-issue, Lady Selvante?” The man questioned, tugging lightly at Chloe’s ill-fitting dress with slight disdain.

“It is indeed no issue. Chloe can go wild; I’ll foot the bill to my sister.” Lea said with a smirk. Petty vengeance was always nice.

Chloe's eyes widened as she heard Lea explain the branch and even offer to show her when they returned from the city. She wondered if Lea would be casting the spell or if Chloe would have the chance to try her hand at magic, hoping it was the second option. But either way she was excited to see what it could do, even though she only seen and knew existed recently she loved it as it was an escape from the mundane life she was so used to living. As the two of them walked leaving the castle Chloe held her hand locking her fingers with Lea this time around.

Lea may have hated the city with the everyone carrying about their day, but to Chloe it was a marvelous sight and she had a huge smile on her face as her eyes darted around taking in all the sights around her. She stood still smiling as she closed her eyes standing in a sunny spot and stared at the sun loving it's golden kisses on her skin. she followed close behind Lea letting her lead the way as if Chloe where at the helm they would surely get lost in an instant ."Do you have a statue Lea?" Chloe asked surprised to see an image of Amelia in the middle of the center but then again it made sense with her tittle and the fact that her castle was the center of everything.

As the two of them entered the shop Chloe looked around smiling at the choices she would be able to make here, she took the chair next to Lea feeling more comfortable with the man tugging at her dress if she was close at hand. When the question popped up she sat their silently thinking over Lea's advice on what to pick. It was over whelming to the girl as she had gone from no choices in her life to nothing being picked for her. She got up and wandered around the shop looking at all the fabrics ruining a hand over them loving how soft they all felt.

Finally she returned back to the chairs carrying a few samples of fabric of different colors, a few purples, a dark green and a red that matched her hair. "I love these colors as for style want something simple but not too modest. I really want them to make what I have shine and not the other way around. Think dresses would work best with my height." Chloe said trying to word what she wanted as best as she could. She was glad that money wouldn't be a problem as most of the fabric she picked out where not cheap and making a dress out of them would be expensive. She didn't return to her chair as she assumed he would be taking more proper measurements of her and didn't want to have to keep getting up. Instead she stood by Lea placing a hand on her shoulder smiling hoping she was happy with her choice. "Any suggestions Lea?I want to look my best for you."

Marik stroked his chin, nodding as a mental image came to mind regarding just what he could make for Chloe. Lea meanwhile pondered what she might like to see her lover wear most of the time. She was somewhat partial to more masculine clothing, especially on women and she figured on Chloe a few might look nice. Some fine underclothes as well and maybe a robe of some form? The sorceress opted to just run with her personal favorite, a variant of a set she had bought for Chloe the day she had been kidnapped. Obviously more fine for being made by Marik.

“Hmm… a tunic and a pair of pants. Maybe a robe as well, I’ll leave the material up to Chloe in that regard. Also would you mind terribly contacting the shoemaker, I trust you can take all of her measurements here anyway.” Lea said.

“Indeed, of course that will add to the fee. What footwear were you looking to get for her?” Marik inquired, already pulling a silk string from his robe pocket.

“Two pairs of boots, two pairs of sandals, and two pairs of dress slippers. That should cover most of her bases I would imagine. Assuming of course you approve Chloe.” Lea said, turning to Chloe to seek approval.

Marik gestured for her to stand up and started taking her measurements, muttering under his breath a series of numbers as the string was pulled tight around her waist and his finger’s traced a few marks inscribed upon the string. He measured every inch of her, getting precise dimensions easily enough. He seemed surprised at her height as it was rather abnormal for a woman but made no comment on the matter. Next he would gesture for her to sit and took off her shoes to take the measurements of her feet, nodding as though the results were expected. Once he was done he stuffed the string back into his robe and stood.

“Should be simple enough to finish the order in about a week. I don’t have anything currently in your size, Lady Chloe and I doubt the shoemaker does either. Lady Selvante is the tallest woman I had measured but I would say you now safely hold that record.” Marik said, his tone pondering.

Lea smirked at that, a swell of pride rising in her as it had been her doing that Chloe had ended up as such. A mistake in the state of afterglow it was true but still, it was reason enough for Lea to feel proud of her magic. A week was not much of an issue in the larger scheme of things really, Marik did things quickly and his quality was never in question. He was a greedy merchant but he certainly knew his stuff.

“Is Lady Chloe your consort then, Lady Selvante?”
Marik inquired conversationally to Lea, who nearly fell over standing up.

“Ah… not that I am aware of? Chloe and I are… together however there is nothing legally binding on paper. I do not think either of us is prepared to discuss a consortium.” Lea said, swallowing hard.

“Ah, I see. Well in any event I wish you both a good day; I will send word when the order is ready.” Marik said, bowing respectfully and heading to the backroom.

"That's fine more then I think would know what to do with but if it's on Amelia it works for me." Chloe said smiling back to Lea happy with her choice of clothes for her. She was glad that Lea had come along with her as she knew nothing of buying clothes or anything that would be normal for someone of her age. Being a slave had stripped that from her and she was learning and trying to pick up things as fast as she could. As Marik began his measurements she squeaked a little as the string and his hands tickled though she did her best to remain still not wanting to miss up the measurements and go through this twice. Her feet was the worst part and she couldn't help but laugh and fought hard to not kick the poor old man in the face. Once freed from having to be measured Chloe stood by Lea smiling as was complimented on her height and wrapped her arms around Lea loving the mistake she caused on Chloe.

As Marik questioned the status between the two of them Chloe tilted her head in confusion wondering why a piece of paper was needed if they both loved each other. Relationships were still a new thing for her and she knew nothing of the social rules, except her old mid set of slave not being allowed such contact with one another. That is why she was more reserved in public, she loved Lea but didn't want to push to far and break some social barrier she knew nothing about and look foolish. though it did bring a huge smile to her face hearing Lea tell him of their love as she held her tighter and kissed her neck softly. She was rather sad hearing that it would be so long for her clothes as she really wanted to have something besides this tight dress to wear.

"Lea, what does a piece of paper have to do with loving someone?" She asked holding her hand as the two of them left the shop together. Chloe ended up leading the way as she felt a little more confident with the city life and could move around people fairly easily with out stepping on their feet and tripping over them. She gazed around looking at all the store fronts window shopping their wares as they strolled along. Despite being in such a crowded place Chloe was only truly focusing on one person, her lover Lea. She could see how this was fun and she enjoyed watching the people move about and their odd quirks to get around the busy street. Her eyes stopped as she say a small jewelry shop and pulled Lea in. She pulled the small key out of her pocket tightly holding on to it as they made their way to the front counter. "Umm excuse me can you help us?"Chloe said trying to flag down a man sitting in the back room hunched over a table working on a ring.

Lea winced at the question sent her way by Chloe as they left. “Not a damn thing, in my opinion. My sister is of a different mind however. She no doubt will wish us to be bound legally to avoid scandal upon her. I can stall her if you prefer, though she’ll get what she wants so long as we live with her. A consortium is a type of marriage though is more legally binding than religiously so.” The sorceress explained as they walked.

She disliked the legal recognition of partnerships, as if she needed some clerk to validate her binding to another. The fact remained however that it was likely to come up again, this time from her sister’s mouth. The older sister could be stalled but not for long most likely, Amelia had a way of getting what she wanted. Especially now that Lea was very much in her debt for the assistance in finding Chloe. Of course if her partner did not mind the idea then the sorceress would give it no further thought and simply tell Amelia to do what she wanted.

The blue haired woman was pulled from her thoughts when Chloe tugged her into the shop, grunting and offering a lighthearted glare to the former slave. In reality she was feeling a bit sore in her shoulder now. Had her spell increased her strength to some small degree as well? Though it was possible Lea was just more than a tad weak physically. She had never really cared about training her body when her spirit seemed so much more important. Without a strong spirit magic was nearly impossible after all.

The man looked up from his work and took a double take when his eyes fell upon Lea. “Well, I’ll be damned. Never thought I’d see your worthless hide step through my door again.” The man said, standing up from his work.

“Never thought you’d still be working in the same old dump ten years later.” The sorceress shot back.

“Trust you to not age a day in a decade, ya blue haired witch.”

“Trust you to look like a horse walked over your face all these years later. It’s an improvement honestly.”

The two stared at each other for a long moment before the large middle aged bear of a man smirked, chuckling under his breath. A tiny ghost of a smile adorned Lea’s lips as well, though it was gone soon enough as she realized why Chloe must have brought them in here. Well, she could have picked a worse place to get her necklace. Knowing the owner of the place he’d have something in stock.

“Chloe here is looking for a necklace, Fergus. Have anything that she could put this key on?” Lea inquired.

The man waved a hand dismissively, returning to his work quickly enough. “Sure. Take a look around at the cases and take whichever one she likes. I’ll bill your sister since I know you are probably dirt poor.” Fergus said, returning to his ring.

Lea gestured to the display cases to Chloe, indicating for her to once again splurge. “Anyway, what did you ask earlier? If I have a statue? Not that I’m aware of. Amelia got hers built about a century ago when she founded the Royal Academy of Magic. She’s something of a legend in these parts. I’m just her biggest embarrassment.” The sorceress offered, smirking contently at the end.

Chloe felt bad seeing her tug and question had both caused Lea a little discomfort and though she never intended to do so with either action. As she Chloe began to look through the cases she thought over Lea's answer, it didn't really matter to her if their love was validated by someone and the only people who it really concerned was the two of them. Though she could see why Amelia would force such a thing on them having a high tittle for herself and now forcing Lea to live there it would lessen the embarrassment if anyone asked." then we can wait, or never involve anyone else. I love you Lea and we can do it whenever it doesn't seem important, all that is is being in your arms." Chloe said hugging her softly and giving her a kiss on the lips.

Chloe took the necklace out of her pocket smiling how just simply touching it brought back one of the best memories in her life and couldn't wait to pick out the right kind of chain for it. She held the key on her dress moving it up and down to try and find out a good length for the chain to be and were it would look the best on her. After deciding on a short length so the end of the key would stop just before her bust and still have some room move and sway as she walked. Next she went through all the chains Fergus had being picky as to the color and width as she didn't want the key to ever fall off her and lose it somewhere. She didn't really know where the castle was located but despite Amelia being a legend she never heard of her before, though she was never kept up to date on current news. " Well I still love even if you are an embarrassment, and her statue kind of looked creepy."Chloe said finally finding the right chain to put her key on. It was a thick silver chain nothing fancy about it but she still loved how it looked.

After finding what she finally needed Chloe kept looking around the store curious to see what other wares Fergus had to offer. Looking down at the key she wanted to get something for Lea so she had a reminder for the days Amelia would steal her away to do her research. After looking around for a while she found something perfect for Lea and was already made into a necklace. Waited a few seconds for Lea to be looking the other way before she picked it up and headed back to the man at the table. "I love this one the best, and want this for Lea." She said showing the chain she picked out and the one for Lea whispering the last part before she hid it in her pocket. Once checked out she returned to Lea holding the chain and key in her hand. "can you do the honors Lea?" Chloe asked a big smile on her face.

Lea was very much pleased that Chloe was willing to have the sorceress stall for time with Amelia. It was not that she did not love the former slave, she did indeed love her a fair amount or at least she thought she did. However she despised when her sister desired to control her and her love life, the older sibling had made her distaste for Chloe’s influence over her quite clear. Lea wanted to take this slowly now. To take some time to get to know her lover beyond what she was like in the throes of passion. She wanted more than something physical with her.

“Creepy. That’s a word for it. I would have used terms like self-indulgent and grandstanding but creepy will do.” The sorceress groaned in disgust, not noticing what Chloe was doing as she stewed over being stuck with Amelia now.

When Chloe returned to her the sorceress smiled up at her and nodded in confirmation, taking the chain and key and combining them together. With that done she came up behind her lover and placed the chain around her neck, standing on her tip toes to get some extra height. She linked the chain easily enough and walked around to Chloe’s front, smiling up at the woman. It looked rather pretty honestly, the key was nothing special in appearance but she had not been going for flashy with the gift as she figured the former slave did not care over such matters.

“You look stunning. Now if only we could get you some good clothing, you’ll be the perfect image of regality and nobility. Lady Chloe. Or would you prefer, Mistress Chloe?” Lea said with a smirk.

Technically Lea was a noble by association with her sister, a rather high ranking noble if she ever cared to act upon it. Chloe was a freed slave but was also her partner; if unofficially so technically she could be called noble as well. The sorceress wondered, rather gleefully, what Helena might think if she learned her slave was now technically above her in rank. The expression on her face might very well be worth keeping her alive. The sorceress was nothing if not vengeful to those that wronged her.

“In any event, my dear, we should get back to the castle for lunch. My sister is an ice princess and overly controlling but she dines on only the finest. It’s one thing I do miss about this place.” Lea said, taking Chloe’s hand and preparing to lead her back to the castle.

Chloe's eyes widen in delight at the mention of food as she was rather starved from her week ordeal at Helena barely getting scraps and had not eaten since the day before her rescue. Though she was afraid that in her starved state she would look like a pig stuffing her face but it would be a one time thing so she didn't put much more thought into it as she took Lea's hands walking along with her. She made sure that she didn't pull on her arm too much and this time around let Lea take the lead trailing behind her as they walked along. As the it was later in the day now the city was winding down and the streets had cleared a little bit making it easier to work through the crowds.

Chloe was not focusing on the city this time around instead she stared down at her necklace still smiling at the sight of it on her body. "Mistress Chloe, has a nice ring to it. Would i really be a noble Lea?"She asked shifting her attention to her lover as they walked. She was of noble blood from her father but no one would ever recognize that as her mother was a slave and her father had decided to keep her a slave instead of making his bastard child known to the world. She really didn't care what her status was as the only thing that mattered that she was a free person now, and could do as she pleased.

Seeing Amelia's castle come into view and the sun slowly setting behind it Chloe loved the view and gentle pulled her lover back into her arms. "Thank you for taking my out to see the city Lea. Can't wait to get my new clothes and show them off to you." Chloe said smiling before she leaned down and gave lea a long kiss with the beautiful view behind them. It was the last time Chloe would feel comfortable Kissing her as she knew she would be enough of an embarrassment at dinner with out the addition of public affection between the two of them. Finally breaking the kiss the two off them continued their way into the dinning hall. Chloe pulled out a chair for Lea and pushed her in a little before taking the seat beside her.

Lea would admit that Mistress Chloe had a rather nice ring to it, as for the actual ascension to nobility the sorceress suspected her sister would arrange for it anyway. The woman was rather meticulous after all and would most certainly prefer if her sister was coupled with a proper noble. So she’d likely give Chloe a minor title and possibly some land, at first to bribe her away from Lea no doubt but then simply for appearances. The sorceress hated Amelia’s guts but she knew the other woman all too well by this point in time. She wondered how Chloe might react to that.

Figuring it would likely come up later when they were dining with Amelia, Lea kept it to herself. The sorceress instead was more than happy to focus on kissing her partner, her lips seeking Chloe’s and smiling into the act of affection. She was disappointed when it was over but did not press the issue of Chloe’s discomfort of public affection. The sorceress, being rather shameless and not caring what anyone thought, was not one who was easily embarrassed. However she restrained herself for the sake of her lover’s comfort. There would be time for such things later.

Lea raised a brow at Chloe as she offered her a seat, chuckling as she sat down. The sorceress used a bit of magic to pull out the seat right next to her for Chloe, smirking up at her lover with a cheeky expression. Amelia, who sat at the head of the long table, sighed in disgust at her sister’s irresponsible use of magic. However she made no comment on the matter as the slaves brought forth a rich assortment of food. A roast pig was in the middle of the table, with an assortment of quail and venison also present in case one wished to change up their meat. Pretty much every vegetable or fruit imaginable was available, along with a few soups. Red and white wine was also served, Lea taking a full goblet of red wine as opposed to her sister’s preferred white.

“I trust you have enjoyed your tour of the city, Miss Chloe? It is a rather large place however my sister knows her way around it well enough. If you ever have need to depart without her I would request you take some of my Battlemages with you for protection. We would not want you getting snatched up while Lady Helena is still on the loose.” Amelia said, carefully separating her food out on her plate before chewing meticulously.

“In any event, I would like to know my sister’s… partner. So tell me, where are you from originally? Were you born into slavery or was it forced upon you through misfortune later in life?” The noble inquired, Lea smiling encouragingly at Chloe.

Chloe smiled back at Lea as she pulled the chair out with magic, not minding that it was an waste as if she could use magic she would use it for everything .She poured herself a half glasses of red taking after her partner though she never had wine before or any form of alcohol, but figured trying a small glass couldn't hurt. She had done rather poor job of hiding her hunger as she pile a heft portion of venison and vegetables on her plate, though she did wait for everyone else to get settled before she began to eat. Once the other two were seated and began eating Chloe slowly dug into her plate impressed with the quality far surpassing her own meals she prepared for Lea. Chloe's mood dampened as she heard Amelia remind her of Helena, she didn't think she was in trouble anymore but then again she did want to be careful to not end up in her arms again.

"I will Amelia, you've done so much already would hate to make you do it again." Chloe said before taking in a small sip of the red wine. It had an odd taste though not completely unpleasant to her tongue but defiantly required some getting used to. She had ignored her second question thinking of the name of where she was born to get all her details right. She had no problem telling her tale though it did upset her now thinking back and how her father had neglected her and never truly cared for her even though she was his.That and she was rather starved and wanted to finish some more of her plate before she spent most of her time talking.

"I was born a slave as my mother was and has been the only life I've known until Lea gave me the option and freed me. As for my birth place I am afraid I was never told or if I was have forgotten, been a while since then. Only clue I can remember is that the city my father sold me at was not this one and it was a rather long journey to Helena's from the auction house." Chloe said smiling to Lea as she mentioned her. "If it help my father was Charles Eyre, head of the Eyre line." Chloe added wondering if Amelia knew her father or had even heard of him, it seemed possible with her tittle and she was curious to know where she was from.

After explaining all she could to Amelia she returned her attention to her plate and polished of her first set of portions. She took a small break drinking more of her wine letting the taste of it slowly grow on her and soon finished the small amount she took. she returned for seconds taking some of the pig and a different set of vegetables and poured herself a little more. This time around she managed to resemble a lady as she ate smaller bites and didn't seem to inhale the food. "Were you two born here or did move here when you received your title Amelia?" Chloe asked curious about the two of them, though remembered it would have been a while back temporarily forgetting how old Lea was.

Amelia listened intently to Chloe as she spoke, placing her eating utensils down and not touching her food. Lea meanwhile opted to stuff her face, using her hands to eat the bits of roast pork and duck on her plate. This earned an eye-roll from her older sibling as Lea’s lack of table manners was not something she appreciated. The noblewoman’s eyes lit up at the mention of Chloe’s father and slight smirk crossed her lips. Lea caught the look and stared long at Amelia, knowing quite well that look. Amelia chuckled slightly and finally picked up her utensils and took small dainty bites.

“Charles Eyre, yes I know of him. A middling noble. Or he was. He passed away about a year ago. Left no children that I know of.” Amelia said frankly.

“Technically, since you are his only direct heir you would be in a position to claim his lands and property for yourself. As my sister freed you there is room for recognition, provided you possess a sponsor from the nobility. Such as myself.” The woman continued conversationally.

“I might be willing to assist you in that endeavor, assuming you would be willing to promise me say a fifth of his overall fortune. Including land, property, ect.”

Lea’s eyes flickered to Chloe, trying to judge her reaction to the offer very carefully. Amelia simply continued to eat her food, pausing to take a sip of wine here or there. It was a typical play by her sister, trying to twist things to her advantage. She’d help Chloe become a noblewoman and reclaim her birthright but would no doubt snatch up some choice pickings for herself. Technically was only fair however Lea suspected an ulterior motive involved. She opted not to vocalize this and instead decided to answer the question posed to Amelia.

“We were born far from here in a spire of ivory and gold. Our mother was a powerful sorceress in her own right where she came from though she has long been dead. Amelia was granted this city by the old king a century ago and has been the consort of every king or queen since.” Lea offered.

Lea had a thought and smirked as she snatched a vine of grapes from a bowl nearby and lightly prodded Chloe on the arm. She held one up and motioned for her to open her mouth, dropping it in with a slight giggle. Amelia on the other hand merely watched the two interact with a calculating gleam to her eyes. The younger sister ignored the look and instead offered Chloe a wink. “Might want to get used to slaves and servants feeding you grapes, Mistress Chloe, once my sister gets an idea in her head it’s hard to change her course.”

A wave of sadness washed over Chloe as she heard her father had passed only a year ago, missing his passing by the smallest margins. She didn't know why she was sad as he never recognized her as his daughter and even sold her to another following out the command of his wife when he could have easily freed the two himself and she would have never known. She had hoped with Amelia's social knowledge that she might be able to meet him again and get an answer from him. But now such talks were impossible as far as she knew and she wasn't sure she would want to know his answer.

Though hearing Amelia move the topic to Chloe gaining his lands and wealth she snapped out of her last thought a slight smile forming on her lips. She did remember his house being fairly large and they always seemed well off, Lady Eyre buying paintings left and right with her husbands funds. It would be such an odd feeling going from the clothes on her back begging for her life to being a recognized noble woman and with such wealth she could pay Amelia back for her shopping spree today. As for Amelia's price she thought it seemed fair not knowing much about her other then her hatred of public affection she assumed she could trust Lea's sister.

"I don't know would they even recognize a slave born child he never mentioned as his own?" Chloe asked opening her mouth to take a few grapes from Lea smiling as she ate them. "And what of Lady Eyre surely she will fight it if she is alive and I wouldn't want claim it an leave her with nothing." Chloe added her gentle nature showing through the more she thought over the whole situation. Even if she was the reason she had ended up with Helena she didn't want to make the poor widow broke and homeless.

Taking in a few more grapes Chloe chewed them slowly as she chewed the idea over in her head more and more. At the end of the day she was fine where she was with Lea and honestly was happy owning nothing except for some clothes and the key around her neck." I don't want to get used slaves and servants just you Lea." Chloe said giving her a quick kiss on the lips."Plus only need one servant since you are so good at it." She joked as she took the last of the grapes off the vine.The wine had helped with her nerves and blocking out Amelia glare. plus she would probably hate her more for what was to follow.

"Thank you for the offer but I don't think I want claim my birthright if it means hurting another and I am happy with what I have now."Chloe said looking at Amelia and then smiled at Lea. She was a big factor in her choice as she was all Chloe wanted, and remembered Lea's debt to her sister. If she did move out to her new land she it would only be with Lea, no one else.

Amelia frowned slightly at the rebuke and Lea was actually a little surprised herself at the refusal though pleased as well. She disliked that gleam in her sister’s eyes and suspected there was more to the offer than she had let on. It then smacked the sorceress in the face, if Chloe inherited the place she would be forced to move and Lea would be stuck here. Her sister was trying to indirectly separate her from Chloe. A cunning ploy as well, as she appeared to be perfectly generous about the entire arrangement. Fortunately Chloe was too kindhearted for her own good and worried over some old biddy who probably did not realize her good fortune.

“A pity. I suspect Lady Eyre might indeed protest, however your claim would currently be more valid than hers as you are both a grown woman and possess his blood. With my backing you’d find very little resistance. If you wanted you could grant her some land as well.” Amelia reasoned, clearly not too keen on abandoning the idea.

“You heard Chloe, sister; she doesn’t want the place so drop it.” Lea said, all playfulness leaving her voice as her tone turned rather harsh.

Amelia and Lea stared at each other across the table for a long while, the shared look communicating that the sorceress knew just what Amelia was up to. After a bit the noble simply shrugged and leaned back in her seat, offering Chloe a tiny smile that did not quite reach her eyes. “Well, my offer is open and stands indefinitely if you change your mind, my dear.” She said, though her expression communicated that she was not likely to give up on the idea anytime soon.

Lea turned her attention back to Chloe and smirked up at her lover. “Servant eh? I could live with that. Can I at least sleep in the bed? The floor is so very cold after all.” The sorceress said, opting to play along with the former slave.

Amelia raised a brow at her younger sister and sighed in disgust, finishing her food and excusing herself from the table. Lea suspected she had gotten what she wanted out of this dinner, a gauge of what kind of woman Chloe was. Her disapproval went unspoken but filled the air quite easily. Almost as easily as the sorceress ignored it as she lifted a goblet of wine to Chloe’s lips and offered it to her lover. She was rather enjoying this little tangent of roleplaying, a little fun fantasy after a lovely day.

“How else could this humble servant serve the beautiful and majestic Mistress Chloe?” Lea inquired.

"Thank you again Amelia and I will think it over more when I have a sober head and will let you know if a change of heart." Chloe said as Amelia rose up from the table and exited it leaving the two alone once more. the air of the room bothered her created by the two sister's stare's and even Lea's harsh voice scared Chloe as she was so used to her being sweet and nice. It was easy to tell Amelia was upset as it was an impressive offer and she looked like an idiot for not taking the deal. But Chloe wasn't a person of things, as being a slave she never truly owned anything and more focused on her feelings as it was all she had. And for her Lea was worth five times what she would have gotten and would prefer to be on the streets with her lover then in some mansion. Her answer wouldn't change but she hoped it would satisfy Amelia for the time being.

Taking a small sip from the glass Lea offered Chloe smiled down at her temporary servant, providing a wonderful distraction from Amelia's failed plan. "Of course would never let such a sweet servant like you sleep on the cold floor. Besides I need someone to serve as a bed warmer." Chloe said said softly running her hands through her lover's hair. A slight blush formed on her cheeks from her complete and the first taste of alcohol wasn't helping much with it. She did have to admit after all these years of living to serve someone it felt nice to have someone care to her like this for the night.And she of course would be a sweet
mistress though she didn't think she would have to punish Lea much.

" Your Mistress could use massage tonight from your soft sweet hands to unwind after a long day and week." Alice said pushing her plate forward showing she was done with her meal for the night. She probably could have eaten all night, but she wanted to move out of the dinning hall and back to their room where they could be alone. Chloe playing along waited for Lea to pull out her chair before leaving her seat. Even walking back Chloe took the lead walking a few steps ahead from Lea. Once back in the room she laid down on her bed waiting for Lea to join her.

Lea shivered in delight and played her part easily; pulling out Chloe’s chair and allowing her to lead the way back to the room. The sorceress entered the room easily enough but when Chloe waited for her on the bed the blue haired woman was struck with a thought. She held up a finger to stall Chloe before reaching into her dresser and stepping into the adjoining walk in closet. Once in there she giggled slightly as she removed the ridiculous robes and finery and opted for something a little more topical to this little bit of roleplaying they were doing.

When she stepped out she was dressed in the maid attire she had been in when she had rescued Chloe, complete with a little red ribbon tying her hair into a cute ponytail. She presented herself with a smile and a wink before falling back into character. It had been a good call to keep the thing around, Chloe might not fit in it but Lea most certainly did. It was a tad tight on the chest but other than that it seemed perfect to her. She walked over to the bed and put one knee down first before kneeling on the bed fully.

“Where do you want me to start, Mistress? I imagine your poor feet must be so tired after walking around so much, shall I service them first?” Lea inquired, her tone demure.

She would wait for her orders before actually doing anything, after all the servant was not supposed to do anything the mistress did not ask for. Playing demure was a tad new to Lea but she could pick up what she needed to do from how Chloe had once acted around her. Respectful and dutiful, approaching each task as though it were the most important thing in the world. The role reversal was nice honestly and the sorceress felt quite a bit of arousal at being ordered around by her partner like this.

Back
Top Bottom