Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fixers (Beautiful_Disgrace and I)

Rayna narrowed her eyes, hearing Luce ask once again what she saw. She had warned her and she still pursued. So she would answer. "Rich, dirty, disgusting men. A scared, naked girl with a pretty face. Dying over and over. Broken. Scared. Lost. Angry. Sweat, blood, and other bodily fluid. Darkness. Nothing. Light. Repeat, over and over again. Until the girl had enough. And even then...she still got used. No more dying but plenty of pain. Plenty of hurt. More disgusting, sweaty and bloody hands. Drugs. Lots of drugs. Then..nothing."

Luce leaned against the doorway, arms crossing as she regarded her with a faint sigh. Sounded...accurate. She glanced away a moment before swallowing. "Yep, sounds about right." she said. "So what?"

"So...I'm dealing with it." Rayna said simply as she moved her hair under the water and leaned herself against the dirty tile of the shower, watching the water in the tub struggle to drain. "I'll be fine soon."

"...Right," Luce muttered. "Because you're doing such a good job so far, right?" Freaking out for dreams that she never experienced, for a life she never lived...yeah, that was going great.

"Maybe not." Rayna answered before narrowing her eyes and looking towards Luce. "Can I use your shampoo?" It was a change of subject. A terrible one but..she just wanted to drop it.

"...Yeah, sure, use whatever you want," Luce muttered, shifting off the wall. "I'll get you some clothes, we'll go shopping." Fucking ridiculous, she didn't even experience it and she was suffering for it? Spare her the tears. Ugh.

"Thank you." Rayna answered before reaching down and picking up the half empty bottle, squeezing a generous amount that she didn't need thanks to her haircut earlier in the car last night.

She was silent the rest of the time. Soon she was finished and she felt better. A little. The color had came back to her cheeks, so there was that. She drew back the curtain and looked at Luce, unashamed of being naked in front of her. She gave her a smile, though it was slightly strained. "Can I please borrow a towel?"

Pretty. She was, though. She wasn't so jaded as to not recognize that. Perfect little skin that settled into perfect little curves, with breasts that you could probably fit in your hands if you squeezed them. Damp and naked was a good look for her. She tossed her a dry towel before returning to rummaging through her closet. "...You may as well just sleep somewhere else from now on, Rayna." she said. "Nothing is going to change here."

"No." Rayna said as she started drying off. "I promise not to sweat as much. But no..I want to sleep with you." Why? Because as much as that dream terrified her, Rayna knew she would eventually either stop having the dream or she'd get used to it. It was worth it, because she did like sleeping with Luce for the first hour that she wasn't suffering that nightmare. She felt nice and warm. "You're the only one who will let me anyway."

"...And why do you want to do that?" Luce sighed, glancing at her. "I don't fucking get you, you know that? Why do you give so much of a shit about my life? Who cares? It's in the past, nothing that anyone does is going to make it better, or make it go away, so why do you want to deal with the same shit I had to? Why?"

"Because I can handle it, and because it's not in the past. Something can not be in your past when you are still holding onto it in the present. Even if you're trying to ignore it Luce...it's still there, over your shoulder. So I will endure, just like you because I want to. Because you are my best friend." Rayna told her as she wrapped the towel around herself. "I care Luce. I care about you."

"Care about someone else," Luce muttered. "I'm not worth it, and the last thing I need is someone else crying and bitching about my life. My life is what happened, I can't help it and I don't want to think about it."

"Then I won't cry or bitch. I won't bring it up. Either way, I'm not going to stop caring about you. If you just want to forget about it, then maybe I can helpful by being your friend." She picked up one of Luce's brushes, filled with strands of her hair and ran it through her own wet locks.

"...And what makes you think I want a friend?" she said, glaring in annoyance at her sudden...did she really just grab her brush like that!? Ugh, if this was friends, no wonder she didn't want them. Always in her space, taking her shit... "Maybe I want to be alone and miserable, did you ever think of that?"

"If you did, you wouldn't have let me sleep next to you last night. You would have probably told me something very rude when I told you I saw you as a friend. Though to be honest, even if you don't view me as a friend, I'll always view you as one...so I guess it doesn't matter." She finished brushing her hair and turned to Luce. She was feeling better. Talking to Luce made her feel better.

Luce snarled something unintelligible, but her matchete slammed against the desk. She couldn't do it. Her blade went right next to her, but never touched her as she glared at her insistent, hopeful eyes. They disgusted her, they had so much...optimistic and hope. They were different, from every inch of them...they were different. Luce smelled like blood and gunpowder, she smelled like...money and flowers. Innocent, pure...even her nightmares couldn't shake away that natural air of elegance that Luce never had.

"Why?" she muttered. "You think you can just come in here and tell me you're my friend? Like what I fucking say doesn't matter?"

Rayna looked a the machete and then back at Luce. She couldn't explain it, but she felt like she wouldn't hurt her again like last night. Luce wasn't used to this. She wasn't used to someone who actually wanted to be around her even after showing her ugly side to them. It was like a defense mechanism...Luce was this bad because she wanted to be feared. Maybe because she had spent much of her life fearing others. She never wanted to feel like that again.

Maybe she didn't understand Luce at all...maybe all of this was just stupid speculation. But Rayna trusted her feelings.

"Why? Because...I want to. What you say does matter, but...even if you tell me to stop viewing you as a friend, that's just something I can't do."

"You've got some fucking nerve, you know that?" Luce muttered, yanking the machete off the desk. "Do whatever the fuck you want, I'm done. Keep the room, I'll find somewhere else." she grumbled. "Fucking bitch, you never listen, do you?"

"I don't want your room, Luce. I will leave if you want me to.." Rayna told her as she moved towards the door. "I don't want to bother you, or hurt you." she didn't care that she was only in a towel. Whenever that machete was in Luce's hand even Rayna got nervous.

"...Just..." Luce grumbled in annoyance, sheathing the machete. "...Stop doing whatever it is you're doing to get inside my head, alright? Ignore it, leave it alone...please."

"I'm not trying, Luce." Rayna frowned and looked away. "I cannot stop doing something that I am not intentionally doing. Please don't take it the wrong way. I...just want to be your friend. Not pry inside of your thoughts."

"...Fine," she muttered. "Wear something of mine until we get shopping today, alright? It's not much, but it's something. We'll go get breakfast, I could stand to be around someone other than Aernir and Wizard, anyway."

A little relief came to her and another smile appeared on her face. "Thank you, Luce. Breakfast sounds nice. I think Aernir and Wizard are too scared to talk to me properly anyway...so it's funner to be around you." She laughed a little and then looked around her room. "Should I look in the closet or..?"

"...Yeah, take what you like," Luce sighed, waving her hand. "Whatever you need, okay?" She couldn't believe she was agreeing to this...

"You really are nice, Luce." Rayna told her as she gave her a brief hug, not caring if there was only a towel between them. Before Luce could react, she let her go and then went over to the closet. Luce was a little taller but not much bigger than Rayna, so her pants and shirts fit fine. Rayna didn't even mind the fact that she wasn't wearing any underwear.

Back
Top Bottom