Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"Justin, yeah." He answered as he glanced at her. "I wasn't planning on talking to him, actually. I was just going to bring you to the auto shop he runs. Just a warning, he's going to be greasy and sweaty. And shirtless." He wasn't planning on talking to him, but he knew that if he saw him he wouldn't just be able to walk away. He wouldn't hear the end of it...especially with his new physique now. Being twice as big, he wouldn't be surprised if his father picked a fight just because.

"Don't worry, Junior, I'll protect you from the big bad wolf," Satsu smirked. "Can't have the puppies getting hurt before they grow up, now can we?" He was so serious, wasn't he?

"...Sure." Justin said as he raised an eyebrow at her. Well, he had already gotten hurt...multiple times. But that was besides the point. "I'm eighteen, you know." He didn't know why he added that, maybe because he didn't quite think of himself as not grown up. Especially after all the growing up he really did in the past few months. He would be out of school soon, at least he hoped he would since he had some makeup work to do after all the time he spent out this year. And it's not like he had any obligation to stay since he wasn't officially apart of DC. He was just Mei's dog occasionally when she needed some investigating done.

"I'm glad you can count," Satsu remarked dryly. "Schools must have really improved these days, huh? Now let's get going, your Dad is one of those people that make me feel dirtier the more he looks at me." But he was useful, and in his own way...a friend. If that term could be used to describe someone like Joe. "But I'm sure you can tell me the juicer bits: Last I checked, the DC didn't let the street rats in, so what's with seeing the thugs and rough girls in the honored black?"

"Where do I start," Justin grumbled as he scratched his head. "To put it simply, Pitor Kishi was murdered during a hostile takeover and a student had to take his place after stopping the man who was responsible. Her name is Mei Wolfe. She allowed her friend, who might as well be second in command, to recruit some rough people. Eventually she just started to let anyone join, since DC was in pretty bad shape after the attempted hostile takeover. Of course, she puts them through some rigorous training, the ones who can't handle it just drop out. So now black is some new badge of pride. You're hard if you wear it." He wasn't going to comment about his dad making her feel dirty. He didn't even want to think about it.

"Really," she mused. "So this Mei girl didn't murder him and take over? Interesting, isn't that how it's supposed to work in Turuga?" That was the girl that Shizuka mentioned, but that wasn't who she was supposed to keep an eye on, but now it made sense why Mina Kishi was sniffing around this place. Revenge, huh? Well, guess there were pettier things to plot over. "Why didn't the kid who put Pitor down get the job?"

"Well, she defeated him. Or both of them, the one who actually killed him and the one who organized the entire thing. She was very devoted to DC, everyone just kinda thought she would be best to be the new leader. Or at least the kids did....she had to convince the Council. But now she's having some trouble with the rest of the Kishi family. They demanded she throw a tournament to see who deserves the title of DC leader." Justin explained. He wouldn't tell her what trouble Mei had been through before that. There wasn't many people who knew about her kidnapping.

"Pretty crazy, huh? Kid gets locked up for murder and then a kid gets to be head of the DC?" Satsu sighed. "That girl must be something special if the Council is okay with it, lemme tell you, what the hell is going on in this town since I was away?" Insanity, it sounded like.

"Well..I don't think that they particularly care about the murder seeing as how Nicholas and Komoku are both free. Nicholas was in jail for like....six months before Mei let him out for good behavior." Or rather, to get information, but once again this was information Justin felt was unnecessary to share. "But yeah, she is something special."

You'd have thought it was winter almost immediately the way Satsu's face stiffened, and her eyes narrowed. "...What did you say?" she muttered, her shoulders tightening in surprise. "Komoku?" No, it couldn't be.

"Uhh, yeah?" Justin glanced over to her, raising an eyebrow. Woah, what was that scary face for? He had barely mentioned Komoku. Shit, did she know him? "Komoku Rokujo. He was never locked up, instead he was roped into rebuilding DC with Mei."

Rokujo. That fucking old bastard and his whore daughter. She knew it, she goddamn knew it. "I see," Satsu muttered. "No matter, not important. Let's go see your Dad, kid. I don't feel like talking much anymore." She should have known, she should have known that Manzen wouldn't do the smart thing, he'd always do the right thing. Because she had to be the stupid bitch to fall for his shit twice.

"Sure..." Well, he wouldn't question her. He had a feeling if he did, he'd be in some deep shit.

Luckily they weren't that far from where they were going. His father's shop was open, as it usually was around this time. There was the familiar sound of drilling, the shifting of tools underneath the car he was working on. His bike was also out front. He was definitely here, since he was the only one who really worked here save for whatever new secretary of the month he had up front who doubled as his personal whore.

"Don't even go through the front, he's in the garage over here, and the girl up at front isn't going to be too bright." Justin told her casually as he led her to the back of the old building.

"Thanks, Junior," Satsu murmured, handing him another small wad of bills. "Here's a tip, now get out of here. I got shit to do." Joe actually had a son? At least he looked better together than Joe, guess everyone got hat parental urge at some point.

Justin didn't really hesitate to take the money or leave. He wanted to do both, after all. He knew that woman was dangerous, from the way she looked to the people she knew...no one looked for his father unless they were involved in some dangerous stuff. She didn't seem like the type to be one of his whores either.

Joe slid out from underneath the car he was working on, wiping his greasy hands on his denim jeans. He had heard voices, voices that didn't belong where they were. Goddamn it, was that whore asleep at the desk again. He rose to his feet and then walked outside of the garage, seeing some woman outside. He didn't even look at her face, his eyes were immediately running over her body. "Mnn...hot damn..." He said with a grin as he admired her. "That body should be in something tighter. You'd look nice in a skirt." When he finally looked at her face, she seemed familiar. Wait..that wasn't...fuck. Was that Satsu?

"Wow," Satsu said dryly, hands on her hips as she leaned down, offering the faintest hints of cleavage. "You don't see me in fifteen years, and you're still stupid enough to hit on women out of your league? Nice to see you're still as much of a pig as you've always been, Joe." He had way more ink, too. Guess he hadn't lost his touch.

Joe just grinned as his eyes went to her breasts again. God, she was just as sexy as he remembered her. A little older, but still sexy. "I don't discriminate, Satsu. The fuck you doing here after all this time? You were lucky enough to escape the slums and now you're back? No one ever comes back here."

"I'm here on work, you fucking pig, keep your eyes on my face or you're not going to have them anymore," Satsu said irritably. "I need information, on Mina Kishi and Komoku Rokujo. The first one I came to you about, the second one is a curiosity." Ugh, why couldn't her contacts be less...Joe?

"And here I thought you just wanted to see me," If it wasn't for the fact that he knew she wasn't joking, he would have ignored the request, but he turned his back on her and went back into the garage, expecting him to follow her. "Well, I just so happen to know that Russian Mafia Queen wants that street rat dead. Hell, he would have been if she hadn't hired some bleeding heart who didn't want to hurt kids. You got anything specific you want to ask about either one of them? I hear a lot of things, you know."

She didn't know if she had any maternal instincts or not, but something about that situation irked her more than it should have. "Where is she?" Satsu murmured. "And where is Komoku?"

"She's in her little mansion with her kids. She's not hiding, you know. Her daughter likes talking to me, and she knows that Komoku brat through her girlfriend's best friend. He's apparently living with them after he knocked the girl up. Don't remember her name...but she's the head of DC or something. Why do you care about that kid, anyway? You hate kids, don't you?" Joe asked as he started putting away some tools he was no longer using. It wasn't like Satsu to be curious about kids.

"Work," Satsu murmured. "I had to come in blind so I didn't make anyone suspicious, Mina is connected. Worse risk if there was anything leading back to my boss." So, Mina was in her mansion...why didn't Shizuka give her that information? What was she supposed to be looking for? There had to be a layer here that she was missing. "Anyway, thanks, Joe. I can take it from here."

Her children were still alive, huh? She would have figured the streets would have eaten them up and nobody would have been the wiser.

"Uhuh," Joe grinned. "Well don't be a stranger. My door is always open to you if you ever want to remember what it's like being gutter trash." Well, it wasn't any of his business, and he didn't really care. He just liked having information, if it wasn't for the fact that she was Satsu, he would have charged her for it.

"I'd sooner put a gun to my head than ever have your filthy, disgusting mitts on me, Joe," she grimaced, turning to leave. She'd have to do a little more digging on her own, Shizuka kept her out of the loop for a reason. Someone, somewhere would have compromised it. But who in the hell would do that for a council member? Unless...someone else, someone connected to Mina, maybe? Looked like she was going to have to dig a little more.
--

When Masami got the call, she didn't know what to think. She had never heard her brother be...not her brother, in years. Ages even, back when they were off doing stupid shit on the streets and Komoku always had to pull her out, not since then. It worried her, Komoku had always been a laid back sort of brother with the loyalty streak of a German Shepard. But...but this? She didn't know, even when she arrived and Komoku told her, to her face. It was like the words came out and didn't even register to her.

"Our Dad is here." They...they had a Dad? A living Dad? Her brain was slowly trying to connect it all, but it never worked.

"Did...is he looking for us?" Masami murmured, almost hopefully. "Does he know we're both okay?" How was Komoku being so...angry about this? What had happened? Why was he just...not okay with it?

"...I don't think he cares, Masami," Komoku said, leaning back. "I don't know...he speaks Japanese, I can't understand that shit," he muttered, waving it off. "But...if you want to go see him, I...suppose we can."

"I can understand him." Mei said simply, even if it wasn't really her place to listen to their family matters. She could tell Masami was interested...and she didn't seem as angry as Komoku. "If you two want, I can translate...I think...it would be a good idea so there is no misunderstandings." So they could ask him whatever they needed to, so they could get some closure.

Back
Top Bottom