Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

Thanks, Andy, and to all others who have expressed their condolences, including those I may never have previously spoken to. It means a lot to me, as do my friends on here.

He was definitely one of a kind, and left an impression on many - good or bad, he didn't care. I'm sure I'll be sharing a few more stories in the upcoming days and weeks.

And the joys of only having internet access on my phone. I'll respond to all your messages appropriately when I make it home, which will probably be tomorrow, before returning for the funeral on Thursday. My brothers have already departed, as we decided it might be best not to crowd Mum and give her some time alone to grieve in her own way. She has plenty of suppprt here, and we're only a couple of hours away if she needs us. I probably need some time to myself to fully process it as well.

Back home for a couple of days before the funeral on Thursday. Have a few urgent things to do that I've been neglecting, and I think Mum needed some space.

My Dad was always a contradiction. Despite his strong opinions and will, the impact they had on people, and the influential positions he, at times, held, he was never one to be the centre of attention, seek wealth or fame, or be fussed over. What he did stemmed a lot from his strong, unbending principles, but I think, mostly it came from just proving that he could.

That carries on to his funeral, which will be a no-fuss affair; a private cremation with only immediate family and three or four close friends invited, with a more open wake to be held afterwards. No celebrant, and no flowers, I'm almost guilty that we even bothered with a coffin, as he'd always said that he'd be happy if they just put him in a cardboard box. However, we did need something on which to lay the racing form-guide, and the flag of his favourite Australian Rules Football Team - whom his own Dad played for. Plus, he wouldn't have expected us to follow his directions exactly, anyway. Why start now?

It's funny the things you learn, or realised you never knew, and one of those moments occurred after he passed. Despite my own contempt for the 'God' concept, and what it stands for, as well as the religious 'faith' it bred, and our family's propensity for debate and argument, it had never been a subject of discussion in our household. I knew that Dad didn't believe in God, and that Mum had been brought up in a strict Catholic household, but that was about it - we were just left to decide for ourselves.

It was only on Friday when we were looking through old photo's that I discovered Dad had always, since his youth, been as strong an Atheist as I. There was one of his wedding, signing the registry book, where he looked pissed-off, and when asked, Mum said that it was because he'd only gotten married in a Church under suffrance.

Of course, Dad being Dad, there was more to the story. To receive the Ministers' approval for the wedding, he had to undergo twelve bible study classes, and convert to the Faith. However, after four, the Minister had approached him, and said, "This obviously isn't going to work, I'm never going to convert you, and you're a disruption to the others with your opinions and questions, so let's do a deal. I'll agree to marry you, if you promise not to come back."

Subsequently, my Mum and Dad became the first couple who weren't both practising Catholics to be allowed marry in front of the altar the Church in the tiny country town in which Mum was raised. It was good to know my Dad was as he was, and as I always knew him, before I was born, and even back then had managed to get his own way over a man of the cloth.

In memory, a song he specifically requested be played at his service, and I could imagine none more appropriate.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SXWX6qg0y4[/video]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, to my partners, feel free to post any responses now. Though I'm not sure how my headspace will be on being able to concentrate on quality replies, and they could take a while, I don't want to delay the continuation of the story any longer than necessary, and at least I will have your responses to post to if the muse does hit me, xD

Plus, due to various real-life issues, more than half of my current stories are unfortunately on hiatus, with no certainly on when they'll be able to be picked back up, and with any attempt to locate female characters in possession of independent agency or intent being akin to the search for a needle in a universe of cloned haystacks, I can't envisage myself being over-extended anytime soon.

What a nightmare!

Popped back into the old work today, to do some urgent work that I'd committed to the old owner to do for him, only to find that when the new owner had taken over, and transferred all the data, they'd 'lost' the drive that only I had access to - which is where all my work was saved - along with the accounting software and financial files for the old companies as well.

They're looking at it now, and hopefully will be able to 'find' them by the morning. If not, then we're (or the old owner) is fucked.

Will head back in tomorrow, and with a bit of luck, actually be able to do something, then I'm driving to the Coast to keep Mum company, before the funeral on Thursday, and be back, most likely on Friday, as one of my brothers will be staying with her that night.

It's a hard one, because Mum's already planned to go away for a week from Saturday to visit relatives and Dad's best friend from when they were teenagers (and his 'co-conspirator' when both were briefly arrested for attempted armed banked robbery!), who, suffering his own health problems, is devastated he can't make the service, then come up here when she returns. That means she won't be back home until the end of January, and as difficult as the two nights of being alone are for her, I think she probably needs it, rather than constantly being surrounded by people, then suddenly returning to an empty house in three weeks time.

In better news, I may have possibly (possibly!) found someone to take on Internet Killers, and could soon be reprising the role of Pete Norris. I'll keep my fingers crossed, xD

Said goodbye to Dad on Thursday; it's hard to believe it's now over a week since he passed; which, as he would have wanted, was more a celebration of his life, than a sad occasion. It was good to see many old friends, and family of old friends, turn up, and hear lots of funny stories told!

The over-riding themes were their respect for his intellect and steel trap mind, his love of argument and debate - as one said, he seemed to believe it was his birthright to win every argument - along with his lifelong passions of gambling, and the drink.

My eldest brother put together a photographic presentation of his life, accompanied by written text, including news paper stories he'd written when still a teenager. It was funny to see, us kids always calling him the worst driver we'd ever seen, he'd even done new vehicle reviews, and it brought back a lot of memories, and reminded me of what a full, interesting, and in ways, considering where he came from, incredible, life he had. We plan to digitaltise it to send to family and friends, and forever each have it as a memento to keep. It also included some words from William Blake he often quoted, which brings a tear to my eye whenever I read it, and think about what it meant to him:

I sought my soul, But my soul I could not see.
I sought my God, But my God eluded me.
I sought my brother, And I found all three.

Mum's coping well, and is heading away for a few days to visit her brother, and Dad's best friend who couldn't make it to the service.

I currently have eight stories, five of which are on hiatus. Of those, one is on an extended hiatus, three I know will be posting at some stage, and the last I'm not totally certain about. The amusing thing is that, with the three active stories I have remaining, I am portraying a serial-killer in each! I must be attempting to carve out my own niche.

Each however, is different, and I have to thank my incredibly awesome partners for having the bravery and creativity to portray characters who partake in the depravity and kinks to be included in the stories, rather than just the usual female 'victim', who is simply the recipient of them. It brings so much more unpredictability and excitement to the story.

In Farewell My Lovely, Xana is helping write part of Mark Dubois. Whilst the killer has motivations and causes for the way he is, they're, so far, basic and not an overly important part of the scene as the concentration on the moment is on how his stalking affects the relationship between a Detective husband and his Psychologist wife. Whether we'll get to know Mark and his background better, or it'll forever remain vague as the story continues, remains to be seen.

Scaremonger, with Lait is a rape-revenge theme, in which two damaged people form a relationship, and plan retribution on Azairah D'Amici's attackers. Motivations in this, and what has driven them each to this point, form an integral part of the story, and their partners and selection of victims are 'logical' in relation to each of their fucked-up psyches, and background, with the depravity of their acts in contrasted to the romantic feelings that develop between them.

And finally, Pete Norris returns in a reprisal of Internet Killers. I missed Pete as he's a character I loved writing. When coming up with the story, I wanted to have an evil character who was born that way. No poor, deprived childhood or hard upbringing, no severe discipline or divorced parents, no trauma, brain injury or mental illness, but a 'normal' person who has absolutely no reasons for what he does, or for his gaining of sexual gratification from rape and murder. He just 'is'. Nature or nurture?

When given the chance to bring back Pete, I was reminded of a book called 'We Need To Talk About Kevin', which delves into the nature side of that question, and provides food for thought. Definitely recommended if anyone is interested.

It also spawned a movie, which whist I didn't enjoy as much as the novel, still found worth watching:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGjjK5SMbJA[/video]

Went into the old work this morning, to help out with a few things, that needed to be done. Whilst they recovered the software they'd 'lost' in the changeover, they were still unable to find the drive with all my old files, and now I have no internet, and another application I need. What should have taken me two hours took me five, because I had to run from computer to computer, borrowing others when I could, to access what I required.

I also had to set them straight, as I'd been receiving texts and phone calls all week, saying, "I hope you're coming in today/when are you coming back in", after I'd said I'd been in today, and tell that I am no longer officially employed there, and I am not on call. I'm simply coming in, of my own volition, to help out the old boss, and if they want something, they're going to have to wait.

When I was there, one of my ex-colleagues let me know that another office of the same Franchise I previously worked for is looking for sometime to fill the role I used to do at the other, and I can expect a call. However, that's also the office where the ex-business partner who created all the drama and forced the principal to sell the business I previously worked with, and led to me quitting, is employed as a consultant. Whilst it would be the same job as I was doing, and provide the same autonomy - more important to me than any amount of money - I'm not sure, if offered, if I'd take it up. I'll wait and see what unfolds. At the moment, I'm just enjoying my time off.

Edit: Received that phone call, and have a meeting tomorrow morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In good news, the partner of one story I have on hiatus that I was uncertain about as I hadn't heard from her in a while, messaged me yesterday to say that she'd been caught up with real-life, and although not sure when she'll be able to post, the story is still active.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've a strong opinion in favour of the decriminalisation of euthanasia, and the right for individuals of sound mind to decide for themselves - without interference from do-gooders, religious zealots, the 'moral majority' and the like - when it is time to go, and be free to end their own lives. That opinion was only strengthened by the events with my Dad over the past few months, and, for anyone interested, I've just come across an excellent, sad, but (to me) also heart-warming and comforting, journalistic piece about two elderly Australian scientists who decided together to do just that.

Hopefully, one day soon, Society will move further away from the Dark Ages, and eventually free itself from the binds of superstition altogether.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a somewhat related vein to the above, and as always happens when I have some free time, my random googling leads to some fun discoveries, and this video warmed the cockles of my little Atheist and sarcasm-loving heart:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM5n8jESUEk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Just had the meeting/interview, got offered the job on the spot, and made a snap decision to accept. The ex-business partner is only in a couple of days a week, and I won't have much to do with him, so that shouldn't cause any issues. He was also one of the people who referred me, which surprised me, as I'd always found him difficult to communicate with.

Same conditions, same pay, same autonomy, it's pretty much exactly the same job and responsibilities as my last, except in a different location. The only slight downside is that it's a twenty-five minute drive, rather than five, but that's no huge deal, and they're also agreeable to my preferred early start and finish hours. My first day is Monday week.

Happy to see that a couple of my awesome partners who'd been caught up with real-life have replied to our stories, so with that, and having less free time when I start work, particularly when being trained, and learning what are sure to be different processes, I think I have more than enough active now to keep me busy, and my own posting could be a little slower. If anyone sees me bumping my request threads in the next month, please shoot me? xD

It's strange, the little reminders that Dad's gone. A lot of the time, you don't really think about it, but I was sitting at home yesterday, and I thought, "Better call Dad and tell him about the new job,", then it hit me that he's no longer here to tell. It's hard to get your head around the fact that someone can exist one minute, and then completely cease to exist the next. Just makes you realise how inconsequential we all are in the scheme of things, and that we should try and make the most of the one life we have.

Mum's coping well, and is coming back from the visit with her brother, and Dad's best mate - which she said was just what she needed - and is going to stay at my brothers place for a few days to look after his five dogs, while he's away. I was going to head out and stay those nights to provide company, particularly as she doesn't want to be alone because they live on a rural property, and the house was recently invaded by a Goanna,

goanna1.jpg

which can be nasty fuckers. However, when I talked to her yesterday, she said a friend from the Coast is going to come up with her, so I'll catch up with Mum whilst she's here, and otherwise enjoy the rest of my last week off :)

Today is Australia Day, the anniversary of the day the First Fleet arrived in 1778 from Britain to set up a penal colony, and I'll be heading for to my brother's tonight, where mum has arrived, for a traditional Roast Lamb dinner, which segues into a good example of our dry sense of humour, one of a series of ads by our 'Lambassador', Sam Kekovich:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dqsyXPkG3I[/video]

Also in honour of the day, the song voted as the best Australian song of all time, by the Easybeats, of whom the lead singer, Stevie Wright, a legend over here, passed away in December in the same Hospital as Dad. I've no idea how well-known this is in the rest of the world.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnqxbdnzlhw[/video]

I can't help myself with wanting to share another Stevie Wright classic, Evie, Parts, 1, 2 and 3. It goes for eleven minutes, and I absolutely love it;

"Evie" is an Australian rock song released as a single in 1974 by Australian singer and former frontman of The Easybeats, Stevie Wright. It was written by Harry Vanda and George Young. It has been suggested that it is the first 11-minute song to chart at #1 anywhere in the world. The song features three parts and some critics consider it as one of the most perfect rock n' roll songs ever, encapsulating the three basic themes of all love songs:

(I) Baby it'll be great once we're together (Let Your Hair Hang Down)
(II) Baby, it's so great now that we're together (Oh Evie... I'm nothing without you)
(III) Baby, it's so bad since you left me (I'm Losing You). However, the loss in this case is more tragic than the usual "boy loses girl" scenario - it describes the singer's emotions following Evie's death in childbirth.

Part One is a guitar driven, hard rocking and bluesy, swaggering and swayful song. Part Two is more piano and string based, a much softer emotional ballad style. Part Three is more of a disco-rock style, being quicker, relatively urgent and guitar driven track with a great vocal.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hj8BRV8Jls[/video]

Start the new job on Monday, and have to go into the old one tomorrow, to help out again. I'm in a bit of a quandry there, as they'll still need help over the next three months or so, but the opening hours are the same as what I'll be working at my new job, and so am not sure when I'll be able to get in.

Unless it's out of hours, or on the weekend, but that's made difficult because I can no longer access the internet, and my pc has lost a couple of the applications I need, so have to use someone else's log-in. I'll have a chat to the old boss tomorrow, and see what works best, because, as much as I'd sometimes like to, once I make a commitment to something/someone, I don't renege.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad to see my Snow White partner back posting, as well as the reappearance of the ever cheeky Karmen, and to have a little lightness and humour to offset some of the darkness in a few other scenes, which leads to a post I had a lot of fun with:

A Royal Catastrophe - Quix and the awesome Mali:

Ben glanced around to appraise the surroundings, street-walkers in short multi-coloured leather skirts, heels, and make-up painted on their faces, as well as on their arms to conceal the track-marks. Glass from smashed light globes littered the ground, and left the area in the darkness, from where pimps watched their charges, and dealers conducted transactions, and the Neon signs advertising the names of the cheap hotels were more broken than blinking. They were only a few minutes drive from Sky's residence, but it was a completely different world, and not one future Royalty would usually be seen in. The Agent hoped that would provide cover, and allow them some space to talk, and attend to Sky's wounds.

He thought she'd caught the brief look of amusement on his face after he'd called her a Princess, but couldn't be certain that she'd understood his meaning. These American's sometimes didn't get British sarcasm, and this probably wasn't the time and place to explain that he'd just accused her of possibly sometimes being difficult and demanding. One thing he knew for sure was that he'd be wary about calling her a Queen again, as the woman obviously didn't appreciate it, and anyways, she was but a potential Queen until they arrived in London and her right to accede the throne was verified. Even then, she could refuse to accept the honour.

One eye remained on her as he drove, and he was struck by how attractive she was. The accent was kind of charming, as was her attitude - more direct and blunt than her English counterparts - but he swiftly banished the thoughts from his mind. He was on a mission, and there was no time for personal relationships, nor was he James Bond with a girl in every city. No Pussy Galore for Ben, and neither did he drive an Aston Martin, or possess an umbrella that shot poisoned darts.

Although the man had had his share of girlfriends, his occupation, which had to be kept secret, required him to be absent for much of the year, and there was no girl at home waiting for him. However, that was fine with Ben as ever since he'd been a schoolboy in long shorts, he'd dreamed only of emulating his Father by joining the services, and adventuring the world whilst serving his Country. And what could be more important than ensuring the integrity of the British Monarch was maintained.

"I'm sorry," he replied with a slight smile and crinkling of the eyes as he turned into the motel, and she finally broke the silence. He removed a hand stand from the steering wheel, and raised it in apology. "No more Queen or Princess jokes, I promise," then glanced at the sign offering XXX movies, "and I'm not a porn sort of guy." He was going to continue to say that he preferred the real thing, but then decided that would sound rather cheesy, and possibly be seen as more than a joke by Sky so, instead, averted his gaze, and searched for the best location to park.

The second he'd found a space by the wall, under a broken light where the vehicle was obscured, and reached over the back-seat to search for his medical kit, Ben heard the passenger door slam shut. Shit. "Hey, get back here." He called out for his own now-opened door, but it was too late, for she'd already disappeared into the foyer.

Ben arrived a few moments later, just in time to be almost bowled over the rushing woman, and her words reverberated in his ears. “We are not staying here. He thinks I’m a hooker!” His hands, one containing a small black bag, flew up to her shoulders to stop her slamming into him, and his eyes landed on hers, then darted to the pimply youth behind the counter. It didn't take long for Ben to comprehend the situation, but rather than attempt to resolve the misunderstanding, the agent deliberately compounded it. "It's okay, baby, you should take it as a compliment."

He cocked a brow at her as the young man's mouth dropped open, to match his eyes, and the agent's attention darted between the two, then hooked his fingers into Sky's arms, and gently maneuvered her backwards as he continued. "He's obviously never seen one as attractive as you, and isn't aware there's a vast difference between a hooker and a call-girl." Ben knew he was going to be in trouble for this, and had a feeling that Sky's wrath could be even more painful than anything his own rouge countrymen or the Russians could do, but he wanted to maintain the facade that Sky was a lady of the night, and hoped she'd play along instead of continuing to cause a scene that would draw attention.

"Isn't that right, Son?" The M1-6 spy released his grip on the woman as they reached the centre of the foyer, and fully turned his focus towards the clerk. The guy could only nod and swallow as Ben then tossed two one-hundred dollar bills on the desk, however wasn't as stupid as he looked, because he immediately knew what the man was after, and this time, didn't request ID. "I need to properly test the merchandise, so please ensure we're not disturbed, and if anyone asks, you never saw us."

The clerk, still half in shock, emitted a croak of acquiescence, and a moment later Ben turned towards Sky with a room key in his hand - Number 13, as luck would have it -, shot her his most charming smile, and pointed to the stairs. "Come on honey, I told you, time is money, and we ain't got all week."

So, I was going to spend my time off work, watching some of the thirty or so movies I have downloaded, but well, that didn't happen! I only got around to watching one, Walk The Line, the story of Johnny Cash, and it struck me that I could have chosen that one subconsciously because The Man In Black was one of my Dad's favourite artists, and I heard quite a bit of him as a kid.

I'm not sure exactly how true to life the story is, but I was somewhat smitten with June Carter Cash in the film, and having eclectic tastes, and a love of duets, still can't get this song of my head. I'm amazed at the job Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix did with the vocals.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CYnGpOgjmY[/video]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And a perfect example of the type of uninspiring female character I'm most often approached with to write opposite of:

1335538320182_8156972.png

First day at the new job went well, everyone was friendly and welcoming - helped by the fact that I'd worked with three of them before at my previous location -, however although the job is pretty much the same, a lot of the processes, and systems they use are different, so I'm brain-dead and mentally exhausted.

I've mentioned a few times before that I'm pretty much off the charts when it comes to being a global thinker/learner, as opposed to sequential, and that can cause learning new information, or taking it in, to be extremely difficult and tiring. What it means is that I require the big picture first and don't think or absorb information in logical sequences, but randomly, in unconnected non-sequential chunks. I liken it to someone walking in with a 5,000 piece jigsaw puzzle, scattering them upside-down in my brain, and saying, "Now put that together".

Sometimes it coalesces almost instantaneously, and at other times, the placement of one of the pieces remains elusive for quite a while, and until I 'get it', there's there's a constant battle going in my head between, "Oh shit, this is too much, I'm never going to understand it, I don't even know where to start, what the fuck am I doing here" and the knowledge of how my learning/thinking works, and , in the end, it's not going to be a problem, and that they way I do process things makes me adept at problem-solving, abstract thinking, and coming up with new/creative ways to get things done once I understand how it all fits together.

That 'this is too much', feeling, incidentally, is the first reaction I have with every roleplay response received, and a large reason for why I need time between them. I often joke that I learn by osmosis, and an interesting thing I've only recognised/thought about lately is that when I do get a post from a partner, I'll read it immediately, but then not refer to, or look at it, again until after I've finished my reply, even if that's not started until a few days later. Somehow, I seem to absorb the details subconsciously from that initial read (although they can take some time to sink in), and when my own post is done, I'll really just go back and check for continuity errors, of if I missed anything. Strange how the mind works.

On the story front, my posting and OoC, may be slow this week, depending on how much energy/muse I can muster. (Not to mention the lady who is training me is in the same office, so it's kind of hard to check BMR from work! That'll change when she leaves, xD)

And, finally, inspired by Xana, I decided to keep track of my writing word count this year, and hit just over 10,000 in January. That may not be a lot, compared to some, but I set myself a target of 100,000 for the year, or around 8,500 a month, and am happy to have bettered it for the first month. Thanks to my awesome partners for giving me stories and characters that I want to respond to, and also inspiring me. :)

A much easier day, as I'd forgotten that the lady I'm taking over from only works three weekdays (coming in nights and weekends to make up for it), so I was on my lonesome, and I learn much better that way. Mostly by trying things out to see if they'll work or not, though that has gotten me into trouble on more than one occasion when the answer has been 'not'.

Glad to have all my partners back, and stories active, though a little disappointed it meant I couldn't take one up with a potential writing partner who approached; extremely surprising as she generally only writes f/f pairings, but wanted to write a m/f with me. We've agreed to chat again when my headspace is more clear with where I'm at, and I become accustomed to the new job, which should hopefully free up some time.

On a humorous note, I did receive a request from someone who sincerely stated that she was intentionally offering up a vapid character trope because, to her amazement, I'd changed my tune, and, as per my thread title, was now specifically looking to write opposite one. I guess my sarcasm doesn't quite gel with everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And on the subject of humour, a Facebook post which has garnered quite a bit of media attention over here. I'm not sure how many out there have encountered seagulls (probably a lot, as I think they're found most everywhere) or if it's true or not, but if it is, he's a man after my own heart:

"Guys this is the true crime story of the decade:

Yesterday a friend told me what might well be the best story I’ve ever heard. She had caught the train in from Frankston. And while she was waiting for the train to come, she noticed a man sitting down on the platform with a bag of fish and chips. But he wasn’t really eating them. He was just sort of letting them air.

This attracted a few seagulls, who began to circle the platform. Instead of shooing the birds away, the man offered them a few chips. He’d toss one a foot or so away from him. It was like he was beckoning them to come closer. He kept doing this, eking the chips out slowly, until there was a big group of seagulls in front of him, 15 or 20. A tiny army. He’d throw them a chip every now and then – just enough to keep the birds interested, but not enough to sate them. It was frustrating. They were getting angry. Squawking. It was like he was rearing them up for… something.

Then the train came, and everyone got on. But the man stayed on the ground with his chips. Just when the train was about to leave. It happened.

Right before the doors closed, the man threw the entire bag of the fish and chips into the train. The entire flock of seagulls followed the bag. And the doors closed. Inside the train: pandemonium.

The next train stop was five minutes away."

Having to reign in my frustration and impatience at the moment. Four days into the new job, and most of the ‘stress’ of learning/what I need to learn has gone, and I feel totally comfortable. That then leads to the woman who’s training me.

She’s around seventy-five years of age, and whilst she’s lovely, patient, helpful and friendly, she’s also extremely slow with her work, and honestly, in the eight hours I was there today, apart from the half-hour or so she was going through stuff with me, I didn’t actually see her do anything. Yet she’s constantly talking about the amount of work she has, and the hours she needs to put in, then picks something up to work on, only to place it back down again, which contrasts against me, who won't even look at something until just near deadline, and gets it done in an extremely short space of time with a frenetic burst of energy.

She also, yesterday, unsolicited, initiated a conversation about how, as a practicing Christian, she was offended and insulted by her daughter’s decision not to baptize her child. Now, as much as I make my contempt for religion very clear on this journal, it's a subject I don't broach directly with individuals - either here, or in real-life -, however, if it’s raised with me, I am not going to sit there and ignore it, nor sugarcoat my reply.

Fortunately I was able to respond with subtlety whilst getting my opinion across, then change the subject. She’ll most likely be there until the end of the month, and I’m sure there are things I don’t know which I'll require, and be grateful for, her help with, so I’ll just need to behave. Luckily, as I mentioned, she is friendly and easy enough to get along with in general, it's just that natural inclination is to now want to be left alone to figure the rest out for myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And, whilst I'm here, just a little clarificaton on me, my request threads, journal comments, and anything people may take issue with. The way I see it is that they are ‘my’ personal space where I’m entitled to state my preferences, likes/dislikes, and express my opinions, and nothing I write is ever directed at a specific individuals, or with the intent to cause offence, although I won't lie, and say that when I write something I'm not aware it could have that effect. However there's a vast chasm between the two, and you can’t please everyone.

I’ve read many things I dislike, or personally find pathetic, both in what's been said and how it's been said, but I have never, nor will I ever (as opposed to those who have done it with me), approached anyone unsolicited to state my disagreement with their thoughts, requests, words or likes/dislikes, or to hassle them for what they've requested or said. As with my own space, I believe everyone is entitled to theirs, and not be harassed for it. Even if does contains something I, or anyone else, might take issue with.

To do that - just because I didn't share someone's opinion and/or preferences, or disliked how they expressed themselves in their own space - would be disrespectful and rude, and something I pride myself on, which has been mentioned to me in appreciation by several of my past and present writing partners,- is being one of the most respectful males on BMR when it comes to my one-on-one interactions and how I treat and communicate with them as individuals, male or female, respect them as people, and maintain personal boundaries.

However, that doesn’t mean I will suffer fools easily, nor not bluntly, sarcastically and hyperbolically state my opinions, and/or be combative if I feel the need. It's part of my personality, the vast majority of time done in good spirit with a smile on my face, and the very how of an individual reacts to what I have to say is the prime indicator of whether we'll gel, in both a writing partnership and OoC sense.

That's not to say I am necessarily attracted personality-wise to those who agree with me, but often, quite the opposite. Hell, I'm just as, if not more, likely to fall in (platonic!) love with a woman who'll sarcastically and in good humour tear me a new one whilst articulating why she thinks I'm wrong! That's fucking sexy, xD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having said the above, however, I am learning that I do sometimes need to think before I type, as not doing so has just gotten me into a pickle.

And that is, unless I have a dirty ditty, in the vein of Dr Seuss and to theme of The Cat In The Hat, written within the next week to a certain partner’s (who shall rename nameless) satisfaction, she’s assured me that she will respond to my next post to our story within twenty-four hours, to deliberately cause stress.

Now, I’m not good at rhymes or poetry, so if anyone would like to help, it’d be much appreciated. We don’t have to tell Mali it wasn’t my work :)

Shit. Woke up to a major BMR headspin this morning!

A lot must know about my near obsession with the original Internet Killers - of which I only last month commenced a 'sequel' with another partner, using the same male character, and killing off Analise from the first in my initial post.

Well, after almost a year and a half, my original partner has returned and replied to the story.

What to do, what to do! Looks like I'll be portraying twin Pete Norris' :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And to those who have expressed curiosity, no, my comments here yesterday weren't in relation to any specific incident, just a general clarification.

So, after my initial shock at waking up to see I had a reply to Internet Killers and assuming, in my non-caffeined state, that it was from my new story, only to nearly fall out of my chair when, after a minute or two, I realised it was the old, I've decided to continue with both.

I have always said that I was prepared to wait as long as it took in regards to the original, but didn't actually expect it to ever resume, but as a lot know, it was one of my favourite ever stories, with an amazing dynamic between Pete and Analise, which forever felt unresolved. It's nice to know that my partner also missed it all this time. She even enjoyed the manner in which I killed her character off in the 'sequel', and has good-naturedly changed the title of our story to 'Internet Killers - Analise Doesn't Die; She Multiplies' to help save any confusion.

I'm enjoying the new one as well, and should be ale to keep them different enough, with the varying dynamics between characters, so that they don't meld into one, it doesn't become repetitive, or that I don't feel as if I'm favouring one over the other. My main concern, as far as my poor, little, easily confused brain goes, is they are at odds with each other - one playing against Analise, and the other in which her death forms part of the new scene - and I'd like to maintain continuity as much as I can.

That will probably be the most challenging part as my characters don't have predetermined personalities, tending to be chameleons who form themselves to the tone of the story, with their background developed as I go along to provide a logical basis for the actions they take, so with that and the tone differing between each, I don't want Pete to be contradictory.

Damn, that's four serial-killers now - well, three and a half, and only two and a half, if we count Pete Norris as just one! -, though the others are completely different in focus and tone, one a dark romance, and the other not really centred on the killers acts, but rather on the impact they have on a husband/wife relationship, and I also have a number of other amazing stories to provide the variety I need.

Work's going well, although as much as the lady I'm taking over from works long hours, and keeps talking about how busy she is, my major concern is whether, in a couple of months or so, I'll actually have enough to keep me amused, as it's the same job as I was previously doing, but in an office with about half the amount of sales. We'll just wait and see.

I'd also forgotten, previously only having to drive five minutes each morning and afternoon, which is now around half an hour each way, and for the time being, having to start and finish later, which means hitting peak-hour traffic, just how many idiots there are on the road!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It was surprisingly easy to get back into the swing of things in regards to the story tone, and dynamic between our characters, in the original Internet Killers after a year and a half, and I'm posting this here because I waited an eternity to be able to write opposite Analise again, and when finally given the chance, it only reminded me even more of why I'd missed that particular story so much. If you think I sound happy and excited, you're right :)

Internet Killers - Quix and Dova

Pete was fortunate to possess a fast metabolism, and although he didn't regularly engage in strenuous exercise, the sweet-tooth did nothing to harm his slim physique or negate his wiry strength. Attributes that were possibly due to the same genetic combination that had graced him with a sharp intelligence, rat cunning, and a penchant for rape and murder. The man cocked an eyebrow at Analise's grimace, surprised after what he'd seen in her refrigerator that she allowed sugar at all.

Empty calories, and unhealthy, it might be, but the sweetness boosted his energy, and it wasn't as if Pete Norris believed he'd live long enough to need be concerned about heart-failure or diabetes. However, it did appear that his diet would be another way to piss off Analise, and it didn't always take torture to amuse the man. Sometimes the small things were just as fun.

"A boy, I think. That's the problem these days. A dearth of male-school teachers, broken families and single mothers. Young males no longer have role-models to look up to, and teach them how to be productive members of society." His eyes gleamed with amusement, and his tone contained obvious sarcasm. If there was anything in the world Pete despised as much as weak women, it was kids. Noisy, useless, selfish, ungrateful bastards, every damn one of them, therefore, unlike Josef Fritzl, he had no intention of fathering a child with any of their captives. Not that they'd be left in any state to conceive, anyway.

Could she tell he was enjoying himself? Pete wasn't certain, and didn't particularly care, when he touched her shoulder in a parody of comfort, and for the first time since they'd become acquainted, sensed her flinch. "I'm glad we agree, especially since as I'm not allowed to reside here, someone will be required to clean up the mess, and bathe and feed them." Norris shrugged. If he were simply a guest, allowed to enter only with Analise's acquiescence, he wasn't going to assist with the domestic duties.

After a sip of the sweet coffee, which elicited a contented sigh, he turned his attention to the revealed door, smiled knowingly at her brief hesitation, then with mock courtesy motioned for her to lead, and as the steps creaked under their feet, nodded in approval. Analise might be a difficult bitch, but again, she'd proved they were on the same page with her preferences. However, when they entered a basement area straight from a Hollywood horror flick and the conversation turned to hair-colour, he half tuned-out.

Pete was struck with its suitability immediately, and began to envisage the renovations required when he stepped further into the room. Not many; it wasn't as if they'd be offering five-star accommodation, so all they'd really need to purchase were some cots from Army Surplus, nails, hammers, chains, hooks, and a few other supplies from the Hardware store, and to ensure the plumbing worked. Whether the shower ran or not was inconsequential, as the slut's would most likely be hosed down like filthy farm animals, however, that would require a source of water. "Perfect," he whispered, before his bright-blue eyes focused on Analise.

"Does a bear shit in the woods?" Pete responded to her question with one of his own, and approached. As he neared her, he reached up to cup Analise's chin between thumb and forefinger, however there was no anger in the gesture, as there had been previously, nor when he leaned in so that their lips were almost close enough to kiss. "I'm going fuck to her every hole, and I want a dyke. Don't you think every lesbian should have the pleasure of experiencing at least one cock before she dies, Analise?"

The killer paused to allow the statement, that referred as much to her as their proposed victim, to sink in, then smirked, dropped his hand, and continued to speak as he paced the room. "A girl who's the apple of her parents eye, and beloved by all, so it'll be harder to imagine whose pain is the worst. That which she'll endure before the comparatively swift ending, or her family and friends, who'll need to live with her absence, and the knowledge of how her last hours were spent. Believe me, as I ravage the slut, I will be reminding her of the grief her death will cause to those left behind."

Measuring the basement as he talked, kicking the sink to check its stability, and banging the walls to gauge their thickness, Pete's gaze didn't return to the woman until he'd completed a full circuit, and come to a halt two feet in front of her. Sarcasm returned to his tone, as did mirth to his expression. "And what about you, honey? Will you participate, or remain a voyeur, an innocent bystander swept away by the unstoppable tide? Or maybe you plan to video the event for posterity, then sever my spine when my back is turned, your true lowly little aim of being present at the moment of death achieved. I don't quite trust you yet Ms Helm, or believe that you comprehend the reality, so I'll be watching. Now, as they say, birds of a feather flock together, so where do you suggest we find ourselves a nice, happy-go-lucky, coloured dyke to rape?"

Although Pete had half tuned-out earlier, he definitely hadn't missed the inherent similarities between Analise's preferred victim type, and the woman herself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and as to whoever it was that originally posted the link to the 2,048 game. Thanks for my new addiction, xD

Mr Quixotic said:
Oh, and as to whoever it was that originally posted the link to the 2,048 game. Thanks for my new addiction, xD

Oh, isn't it addicting? I use it whenever I am stuck on a reply, and just need something mindless to do with my fingers while I work through my posts in my head. Hell, I am pretty I just played a game, lost, came over to BMR to browse while I procrastinate on my post and saw your post. And now I am going to head back over and play around round. :p

Tell me about it, Xana, I'll pop on for just one game, then look up, ten later, to find an hour has passed. So, if my story responses are slow(er than usual), you'll know why, xD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my partners sent me this yesterday:

7-meanings.jpg

No wonder things can occasionally be misinterpreted, xD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, I really should confirm things before just going ahead and doing them. Until the lady whose job I'm taking over leaves, and I get her car-park, I have to pay for parking, and for the week and a half I've been there, I've parked in the same facility about 500 metres away, costing me $8 for all-day, which isn't too bad.

Anyway, my observant self noted another parking garage yesterday, situated just across the road from the office, and I thought. "Same company, same approximate location, same price." Nope, when I went to go home today, they instead extorted $30 before raising the boom-gates, and allowing me to drive out!

Thanks Xana, it was, and definitely up my allley. It reminded me of (another) of my favourite quotes!

a8304d32a7f04940379417a2681a4807.jpg

Another thought-provoking work on the topic, which I've just re-read lately, is Christopher Hitchens, 'God Is Not Great', and particularly the chapter which deals with the question of whether the indoctrination to religion of children, whose brains are not yet developed enough to be able to form their own opinions or distinguish fiction from reality, should be considered a form of child abuse.

3c9fe33e6cabc9f43516eeab592f6769.jpg

And on the subject of Fundamentalism in the article, Sam Harris has also voiced an interesting opinion, where he argues that non-Fundamentalists are actually inherently more dangerous than Fundamentalists. Firstly because Fundamentalists have the intellectual honesty to fully follow the word of the Bible, Koran, etc rather than just pick and choose the parts they do or don't like, and act according to that literal interpretation, and secondly, because non-Fundamentalists are greater in number and more moderate, therefore viewed by many as non-threatening, they provide permission/encouragement for others to also hold unproven, irrational beliefs. It's a slippery-slope argument, but one I found compelling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I knew the day would come where of all my partners posted at around the same time. I know now I've definitely reached my limit for stories. Though, I'm sure even that probably won't stop me bumping at some stage!

One of my partners made an observation a while back, on how, although two of our roleplays with other collaborators are far apart in setting, time period, characters, and overarching story line, they contain numerous thematic parallels, which has just come to the fore again with the latest post to mine, and I find it incredibly interesting that it can occur in such wildly divergent stories.

Identifying underlying themes, or indeed, deliberately incorporating them, is not my forte, as I just write as to what I think makes sense in the context of the scene/plot/character dynamic, therefore something I likely wouldn't have picked up, however, once mentioned, I could definitely see the parallels, and am intrigued to see how they continue, or diverge, as our stories advance. Although mine is about four-hundred responses behind!

Popped into the supermarket yesterday, and butter me buns and call me a biscuit (yes, I did steal that, but she won't know!) discovered three new flavours of Tim-Tam's; Pina Colada, Strawberry Champagne, and Espresso Martini: have been released.

12728485_1037218429669395_1584440201_n.jpg

Of course, I had to pickup a packet of each, for sampling purposes, and, possibly due to my caffeine addiction, Espresso Martini is my new favourite.

Back
Top Bottom