Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Chaos in Korvosa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, that is correct. What do you think we should do regarding that?

Assuming that everyone's still playing and on board, I would suggest we start sounding off or something if we're waiting for someone specific. Just a "Waiting for Mic before I post," or something. Failing that, how long we wait depends on how quick a pace you want to set. I'd say give people 2-3 days at least before making an assumption and running with it, though we should probably pick up the pace during combat scenes to avoid having every encounter last two months.

For combat, I'd like a 24 hour period before I do the roll. As you said, combat takes forever in pbp, so I want to minimize that. Maybe a 96 hour limit for regular posts?

I am sorry, not been as able to browse BMR lately and apparently not getting reminders for subbed threads. >.< Should be fixed now I hoooope.

Glad you are still with us. Taking 10 is fine, by the way. The roll was more a joke than anything.

Well, this game seems to be dead. Amazing how quickly we went from stoked to a ghost thread. It's like the interest completely disappeared the moment we started IC.

I know I was holding things up a bit but I am here and capable of being more consistent. But we seem to be waiting on Anime at this point.

Very true, but there has been a consistent drop in activity ever since we got ready to start. Attempts to figure out if people were unhappy or anything like that turned up nothing, and I got tired of having to "hunt people down" when it was their turn. It sucks, since a lot of effort was put into it, but it just isn't fun for me when a game moves like this and the only ooc posts are talking about how it seems to be failing.

I think the problem was that when it was all out of character, it didn't matter who posted when so we just went for it. Once it's IC we got into the trap of everyone waiting for everyone else to post. Look at where we are now: Mic and I can't really progress until either Anime gives us something to react to or you as GM posted to answer our questions, and I'm assuming you were waiting for Anime so you could answer everyone at once. Everyone was thinking 'I can't post until XX posts,' and so no one posted.

Frankly, the biggest trap is thinking that we have to take strict turns. Real life happens, and someone may not be able to post. If it's their turn, and we believe we can't progress until they take their turn, then the game is dead.

If a game like this is going to live with a relatively quick posting rate, then there need to be updates. I don't want to sound like I'm blaming it on you kc, because I'm not, but when players are interacting with NPC's like this then the GM has to be the one to keep the game moving. Unless we just start talking amongst ourselves and completely ignored Larsen, the players can't move on without GM input.

If you look on the last page, I had 4 ooc posts in a row. I'm giving all the updates I can. But I can't be the sole source of energy. Activity begets activity. BadAnime is still kinda around. She logged on today, in fact.

Real life may happen, but it's not like it's impossible to let people know what's going on. As for skipping players, I asked what your feelings were on a grace period, and only one of you responded. That's kinda when I figured this was dead. When IC posts are slow AND OOC questions get ignored, it's pretty much game over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom