Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Care for a dance? ((Me and Sharpii))

He stared into the nothingness of the night before him and only her voice--co crushed and doomed--broke him out of his trance and he sat up, soon getting up. "No wait!" He called, going after her, once again taking a hold of her hand, praying for the life of him that she wouldn't take it back. He knew he hurt her, but he had to explain. "Please, just let me explain. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'd die before I could betray you or your trust or truly hurt you. Please..." Lilian was beautiful but what if he did marry her. Ten years into their marriage, he could see her unhappy because she never truly married the man she loved or was destined to be with and he would probably be having affair after the other to get some satisfaction. It was to be a doomed marriage, especially since all he could think about was being with Rosetta.

Her heart warmed up to him explaining his dream to her. She felt shivers, goosebumps arising on her skin, and she almost dropped her glass of wine but gripped onto it tighter, though not too tight so it'd break and crumble into a billion shards. "Humans? You talk of our race like you're not one." Though she meant that as a joke, what with the small laugh of hers after her statement. She never met someone who talked about humans or said humans in regards to their race. After all, he was human. Right? There was no such things as any other race that could look like humans. "That's a beautiful dream though. Just--don't treat me like a charity case. I don't want to feel any more beneath you." She smiled gently, but more brightly.

Rosetta felt his hand take hers again, stopping her from leaving. She looked back at him as he spoke to her. She did not draw her hand away but she looked down a little and said "How can you say that you would die before you could hurt me...we do not know each other...we haven't even seen our real faces..." she said, but somehow, inside she knew he was telling her the truth. She looked at him and said "What is your explanation?" she asked him.

Alessandro cursed inwardly. He hadn't meant that to slip out. She seemed smart, she had caught on. He smiled and chuckled himself and said "I like to think of myself as an impartial observer" he said with a grin. He was happy to be seeing her smile again for him. he chuckled at her statement and said "Of course not, what would you think of me if I did" he said smiling at her.

Honestly, he didn't know either. But it was how he felt. He couldn't hurt her. And even though he already did, he wasn't going to wimp out and just let her walk away. He was going to explain. "I don't need to see your face to know how I feel. I don't want to scare you..." The last thing he needed was her running off, not because he revealed he was actually engaged to another, but because he was being so forward with his feelings. "She doesn't love me. She and I both know that we aren't each others true love. If we do marry, she'll live a life of unhappiness because she forced herself into a loveless marriage and I'll end up hurting her in every way possible. I can't do that. I can't do that to anyone. Most of all, I can't hurt you. It's better now that I tell you I'm engaged but between her and I, there's nothing. If fate keeps me away from her so much to be at work, it's a sign. If I have to constantly work to put the spark between us but never succeed, it's a bigger sign than I ever knew." He pulled her gently to him, moving his hand around her waist. "I'm not one to rely on the fates so much. But I've never--I've never felt this way so quickly."

She nodded and laughed a bit. "Then what do you think of me? I don't wish to be looped with 'humans.'" She said, jokingly putting a disgusting tone to the word humans, just to play around of course. "If you did treat me as a charity case, I'd have to think of you as pretentious. Liliana Valeria doesn't take charity from no one." Her voice was strong and confident. She could be herself around him and not worry. You'd think she would since he was a Lombardi but he wasn't what she expected. He reminded her of her friends from her village in Verona. Accepting; humble and kind--noble, but their ambiance gave off a comfortable vibe for her, allowing her to be so open and herself with him.

Rosetta looked at him as he explained the situation between him and the other women in his life. She felt him pull her close to him. She looked up into his eyes and seemed to bite down on her lower lip, for the first time feeling unsure of herself around him. "Thereâ??s something you much know about me....I'm not what I seem...I'm not..Human" she said softly. She looked at him and said "I am a Vampire...." she said quietly, as silent as a whisper.

Alessandro smiled at her and said "I think youâ??re a very clever, beautiful and kind individual who has for a long time, been a lot harder on herself then she should be" he said with a smile. He chuckled at her confident voice and said "Oh, doesnâ??t she, then what will she take? Friendship? Kindness? Love?" he asked her smiling.

For a moment, he honestly thought she'd pull away, run away. He feared he scared her off already by being so forward. But it seemed the opposite given what she was telling him. But he thought it was a hoax. He smiled, almost laughed and he looked at her as if she was joking, expecting her to tell him that it wasn't true and she just wanted to see his reaction. While that would completely turn a serious moment into a joke, he was hoping that would be the case. It wasn't. He saw no change in her reaction and he suddenly felt like an ass for almost laughing. "Dear Lord, you're serious, aren't you?"

Liliana smiled softly, literally feeling her knees go weak. She almost fell, needing to lean into him slightly to stay on her feet, only to realize she practically fell into him on her own accord and stood up immediately, using all her strength to not be weak at the knees. Her cheeks flushed a deep red and she couldn't stop smiling. Instantly though, she snapped out of it, and cleared her throat. "T-Thank you..." She looked away, tucking a small lock of hair behind her ear, using that as a guise to sort of her hide her face; like a mask wasn't enough. Looking back at him, she bit her lower lip. "What her heart desires."

Rosetta looked at him. He smiled at her, she wondered why, did he think she was joking. She would not blame him if he did. He then seemed pause for a moment before speaking. She nodded and said "Yes...I am...I am 122 years old" she said looking up at him. She looked down and said "And in all of my years of life, no one save my brother has made me feel so safe...but now...without even knowing you, I know that whilst you are with me...nothing can hurt me" she said softly.

Alessandro smiled and said "Itâ??s no problem my dear' he said helping her back up onto her feet and watching her tuck her head behind her ear. He saw her cheeks flush and he smiled at that. She seemed to be contemplating something. She looked at him and spoke, but he knew that the comment was not directed at him, but at herself, so he let her get her thoughts back together before saying anything.

Orlando just stood there, his jaw slightly dropped. His eyes were staring directly at her and he didn't know what to say. He was falling for a 122 year old. It was a little...retro for his taste but there was nothing hotter than being with an older woman. But after she said all that, he relaxed a little bit. "Really? Even with my reaction to knowing the truth?" He asked, shocked that she wasn't finding him insulting. He blew out a small breath of air and cleared his throat. "You don't um...kill, do you?"

Once she composed herself together and fully, she looked at him. "Thank you. You allowed me to allow myself to look into my heart and see what I truly want. And I don't want to be stuck in this arranged marriage." Moving closer to him, she leaned up and kissed his cheek, only to step back. Looking down, she looked at the glass of wine in her hands and then up at him. "I know what I want now."

Rosetta looked at him and wondered what his reaction would be. Would he accept her or reject her? She smiled a little at his question and she nodded and said "yes...even with your reaction" she said softly. She gave him time to deal with what she had just told him and she shook her head at his question and said "No...At least not in the last 80 years...and that was only because I lost control of my self...I was still only young" she said. it may have sounded odd, describing herself as young at age 42 to his ears.

Alessandro smiled when she spoke. He accepted the kiss to the cheap and said "It was my pleasure, Liliana" he said into her ear when she kissed his cheek. He looked at her, and followed her actions and said "Really, would you like to enlighten me?" he asked her with a grin when she responded that she knew what she wanted now. He was happy for her. He took a sip of his own wine and said 'Do tell"

He could accept it. He was always open to the unexplained of this world. Things always happened to have some sort of out of the norm added to the equation. It was how the world was and without that, things wouldn't be the same. Looking at her, he just looked at her. She looked so young, so beautiful, like her beauty never waned. His hands, still in hers, one moved, his right hand and he moved it around her waist and then up around her cheek. He tilted his head and there, right there; he saw it. In the little peepholes for sight in her mask, he saw her eyes and they were the most beautiful thing of her; the most attractive quality. He leaned in slowly, as if he'd kiss her but something in him told him not to actually kiss her, but to simply get close. Hold her. Comfort her. Let his actions speak the words he wanted to convey; nothing changed. He'd always be there until his last breath escaped him. His lips then pressed against her forehead in a gentle manner, his hand stroking her cheek so lightly. "Nothing could possibly change. I wouldn't change a thing about you. And I don't think of you any different, knowing the truth."

Shivers ran up her spine once more when he whispered. God, the power a man can have over a woman who was already swooned. She took a sip of her wine and then looked at him, thinking whether or not she should tell him what her heart was saying, what it was yearning for. If she said it, she wouldn't know how he'd take it. It was worth the risk but why give into temptation so easily? It wasn't how she rolled. She liked to play. "It's a single wish. And if I told you, it wouldn't come true, now would it?" She wagged her eyebrows just a touch, holding her wine glass up to her lips, soon taking another sip.

Rosetta looked at him as he moved closer to her. She could feel his hand moving up her body to her cheek. He gently tilted her face and she looked back into his eyes and smiled a little as he leaned in. Her hands held onto his side as she kissed her forehead. She smiled and looked down a little and said "Thankyou...I'm pretty sure most others would call me a monster" she said. She looked back at him and smiled. She moved her hand up to touch his warm cheek gently before she hugged him. Wrapping her arms around him and resting her head against his chest, where she could hear his beating heart. "There is just one more thing...Vampires are forbidden to be with humans...itâ??s our law...." she said quietly.

Alessandro chuckled when she said that "Well I guess you have me there, you can keep your little whish a secret if you so wish it' he said smiling at her. He finished off his own glass and said "So, how shall we spend the rest of the night?" he asked giving her a smile. "Shall we move to the garden, should we dance the night, or should we just stay here and indulge in the food and wine whilst in each otherâ??s company?" he asked.

He wrapped his arms around her after she came into his for a hug. He held her to him, not letting go. He rubbed her back gently and finely, savoring this moment. However it was no longer a moment when she spoke and told him that little detail. Now it added a very interesting twist to the equation. He looked at her, moving his hands around her waist and he bit his lower lip. "Okay...I can go with that." that meaning that he would still want to be with her, even if it was illegal. That is of course, if she wanted to be with him in spite of that. "Does that kill any chance we could have had?"

Liliana giggled a little bit. She just nodded to that and finished her wine, looking back at him. "Well, I believe the gardens are occupied by my fiance and another woman. So...we could just dance it out all night, gaze into each others eyes and fall hopelessly in love, only to wait the moment when the masks come off and we can share that first and final passionate kiss." Her mind tended to wander. She looked up at him and then shrugged. "Or not."

Rosetta looked at him and smiled and said "No, it doesnâ??t" she said. She smiled and said "I still want to be with you" she said chuckling at him. She seemed to pause and said "We just have to be careful is all" she said softly listening to his heart with her head on his chest.

Alessandro smiled and said "Well my dear Liliana, if that is what you wish, then I will make sure that it happens" he said smiling and finishing off the rest of his own wine. He then held his hand out to her and said "May I?" asking her to dance one more. Once he had her hand, he led her back out to the dance floor and began to lead her once again.

Orlando nodded. His heart was beating calmly, his happiness seeming to be never ending now. There was a real chance with a great girl like her and one he was instantly and incredibly attracted to. "You're definitely worth the risk." He said softly, running his hand through her hair gently, his hand only coming around to cup around her cheek.

She blushed, not actually thinking he'd go for that. She was only spitting out ideas, having a wild tendency to imagine too much. Her father always said her problem was having her heads up in the clouds all the time. While that may be true, no one seemed to die from it or get hurt. What was the harm? Taking his hand, she smiled softly. "I'd be honored." She let him lead her out and once they started dancing, she got lost in his eyes all over again. He just happened to have that intense influence on her.

Rosetta smiled as he spoke and she looked up at him and said "I'm glad to here that" she said smiling at him. She felt his hand on her cheek and smiled and said "I'm glad that I was able to tell you" she said smiling up at him.

Alessandro smiled at her blush and chuckled lightly to himself. He walked her out onto the dance floor and began to lead her once more, moving her this way and that with a grin. He looked into her eyes and said "Tell me about your self, I want to know more about you" he said smiling at her.

Orlando bit his lower lip. "I'm glad you trust me." He leaned in a little bit closely. He wasn't sure if he should though. He stopped and he looked into her eyes. "Would it be moving fast...if I..." He whispered, brushing his finger so lightly over his bottom lip. Such a beautiful lip. Kissable. Beautiful.

Liliana looked up at him, smiling softly. "I don't know what to say. I mean, my brother Rowen always classified me as a real wild child. I liked to have fun. But then...as I got older, my mother told me I had to be a lady so that a man would want to marry me. She told me to simply grow up and start acting like a lady." She shrugged. Since then, she really didn't know who she was since she was trying so hard to be someone...someone she just wasn't.

Rosetta's breath seemed to hitch when he touched her lower lip. Looking up at him she said "No...it wont be" she said. If she had been able to, she probably would be blushing right now. She smiled and seemed to inch closer to him.

Alessandro smiled and said "Well perhaps its time for you to find your self, and be your own person, not what anyone else wants" he said. He looked at her and said "Its saddening when a person dosen't know who they really are"

Orlando smiled softly and he moved his hand right back around her cheek, his thumb however grazing just the corner of her mouth. He got her approval. He leaned in more, soon closing the gap between their lips, pressing his against her lovely beautiful ones just gently. He didn't want to slobber her or be too forward. The kiss was soft, sweet and gentle. Just like a first kiss should be.

Liliana bit her lower lip. "I want to be my old self again. This...shy, timid, trying to be all lady-like woman isn't me. I was never so proper. I know that sounds bad but I mean...I was always open and not afraid of a thing. My parents scared me by telling me the horrors of the real world that I'd soon have to endure and I closed up. I want to find myself again. The old me, the real me." She said softly. "That's not a bad thing, right?"

Rosetta smiled and closed her eyes as they kissed, accepting it whole heartedly. She kissed him back softly, her arms wrapping around him, holding him close. After a few moments she pulled away and smiled at him. "Your such a kind man Orlando...you remind me of my brother..." she said.

Alessandro nodded and said "Offcourse not...besides, I would rather know the real person inside you, not the mask you have hidden behind" he said smiling. He truly felt sorry for her. "Your parents sound like the type of people my sister strives to protect herself from...people who are greedy and power hungry...I'm beginning to understand why".

Orlando was in pure heaven. If he died right then and there, he'd be a happy man. Sad too since he'd be leaving her but he'd be very happy. But that didn't mean he didn't want to die. When she pulled back, he smiled gently, pressing his forehead to hers, keeping her close to him. He raised a brow, however, when she made the comparison of him to her brother. "Um...wouldn't that be...odd?"

"They only ever wanted the best for my brothers, sisters and I. They never could showers us with the world like some families are able to so they wanted us to be brought up well so we could live the life we deserved; like the nobles." She really didn't blame her parents. It's what ever parent wanted; their children to be happy and living a good life. "I'm just glad that I may be able to finally live the life I always wanted and still be happy, hopefully. Besides, they never have to know that I won't be marrying Orlando." She smiled brightly.

Rosetta shook her head and said "No...My brother is kind, and caring, he dotes upon me more than my own father. I love him, but what I feel for you is not the same" she said smiling. She looked into his eyes and said "He's also quite the charmer" she said chuckling.

Alessandro smiled and said "I am truly happy for you Liliana" he said smiling brightly. "I hope the path you choose will bring you great happiness" he said. He smiled at her and said "Perhaps we shall meet again after tonight, one day when you have tired of your wild adventures" he said smiling.

Orlando chuckled. That was good to know. "And...what exactly do you feel for me?" He asked, curious. He told her just how much he liked her. He was curious to know how she felt about him, exactly. A kiss can say a lot so can motions but words were such an assurance.

"I highly doubt I'll be going anywhere adventurous. I don't know what's to happen after tonight. All I know is...I'd most definitely like to see you again after tonight. I don't want to wait until I get my so called adventures out of my system. I don't think I'd be able to." She was shocked she was saying so much just like that. But it was so natural to say, she didn't even feel any embarrassment about it.

Rosetta looked at him and said "I feel....a deep affection for you...one that I haven't felt for any other" she said. She didn't know if she felt love or not, so she chose not to use those words.

Alessandro paused when she spoke her words. He thought for a moment before he smiled and said "Well, I think that I'd like to see you soon, your quite the individual' he said smiling. He looked down at her and said "Don go running off with out saying good bye" he said smiling.

Orlando kissed her forehead, her cheek and then placed a gentle kiss to her lips, a quick one too. "I can't possibly begin to explain how much that means to me." He said softly, grazing the corner of her mouth with his thumb, so gently. "I know it's quick. I know we just met. But I feel so much for you."

Liliana smiled softly. "Speaking of goodbyes, my sister never parts ways with her husband without a special goodbye. It's proven very effective and guarantees another visit." Her sister's husband fights in the war. They have to say goodbye often but they never part without one magic and loving kiss. the point of this was to make his mind wander, to make him wait.

Rosetta looked at him and said "I may be able to explain that...for vampires...we only have one soul mate...the one person who we are meant to be with for as long as time allows. When we finally find them...a special bond is formed" she said softly.

Alessandro looked at her and raised an eyebrow and said "Oh? What might that be?" he asked now getting curious about this special goodbye. He looked at her and said "Or is this another one of your secrets?" he asked her.

Orlando smiled gently at her. "Could this mean we were meant to be, or is that taking a long shot and going a little too far?" The last thing he wanted was to make her think he was some needy and dependent kind of guy when he wasn't. He was such a strong believer in love, that's all and he kne when it was love. He thought that's what it was with Liliana but love shouldn't be one-sided. Then he met Rosetta and everything clicked; made all the sense!

Liliana let out a small laugh. "I can show you better than I can tell you. But of course it'd only be meaningful at the time of goodbye." She told him sweetly and gently. "I'm sure you can wait. Right?" She didn't believe in waiting for the moment, but for a goodbye kiss, why ruin the surprise when she could show him at the opportune moment?

Back
Top Bottom