Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Second Chances(blair/lady)

Annabel smiled, clearly looking proud of herself and his compliment. "Thank you," she said, blushing a little. She leaned in and wrapped her arms around him, content to take advantage of a few minutes with him before the guests arrived. "I just hope everyone else likes it... I'm worried that the people you are used to being around won't like my company." She bit her lip, clearly looking nervous. Hell, it would even be her first time to meet Connor...

Winston looked her over and smirked. "You look beautiful," he murmured, leaning in to kiss her on the lips before turning back to the mirror. With a practiced hand, he quickly he tied his tie and made sure it was straight. "The guests will be arriving soon, and I'm gonna need a drink before they get here," he admitted, "You ready to go down and see my brother?" He turned to her and raised his eyebrows, taking her hand. His thumb fiddled with her engagement ring, and for some odd reason... This didn't feel fake anymore. Not at all. That unnerved him a bit.

Rhys smiled as he looked around, before sighing softly.”You’ll be fine. You’re very likable.”She muttered lowering his head, nuzzling her neck a little before stepping back. “Come on. Lets go grab a bite to eat before everyone gets here.”He said heading for the kitchen, wondering just how well this was going to go.

“Thanks.”Nyx said smiling a little as she kissed him back, looking amused as he finished getting ready. “You don’t look to bad yourself.”She teased a little before nodding,”Yea, lets go see rhys. Though I’m not sure if he’ll be happy seeing you now. You did tell him something he didn’t want to hear.”She muttered smiling as she curled her fingers around his, heading fo the door, the two looking like a normal couple, not the pretend one that she kept having to remind herself they were. Because while she loved him, and she knew that he cared for her, that this hadn’t been his choice to do, that this was just pretend, and it unnerved herself a little that she couldn’t always remember that.

Annabel walked along side him, and in the beautiful red dress that she wore, she finally looked the part of a mafia girlfriend. However, she wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing... She fell in love with Rhys because he was so different from his father - he was protective, sure, and he was scarred by the life his father put him through, but he was not brutal and violent. He was caring, and the sight of him with Bosley made her swoon just as much as seeing him get out of the shower all steamy and naked... "Don't eat too much," she said, "The catering company is bringing all sorts of nice things. Desserts too." She smiled and walked into the parlor area of the mansion, not surprised to see Winston and Nyx walking in at the same time. Winston immediately walked toward the bar to get a drink, taking a few sips of the alcohol before even acknowledging their presence.

"The place looked beautiful," he said, nodding to all of the decorations, "You two did well..." He handed Nyx a glass of wine to sip on, then wrapped his arm around her waist.

Wiston looked down at his brother's girlfriend and smiled, seeing her all dressed up for the first time. "You look lovely, Annabel," he said gently, making an effort not to scare her with his usually cold presence.

"Thank you," Anna murmured, blushing a little.

“Hm, but I wont be hungry later.”Rhys whined a little because it was true. It was nerve wracking enough for the man to be around the men who had been his father’s business associates, and while he could work with them, it also made him nervous to be around them, even connor set his teeth on edge at times. He was set out of the violence and brutality that had marked Winston enough that he felt uncomfortable. But he would do it for Winston. “Thanks. We tried.”Rhys said looking pleased.

“It really is. The flowers are my favorite.”Nyx said looking amazed slightly at soft purple roses and deep red ones. Smiling as she took the glass of wine from Winston she sipped it even as she looked around her, swallowing hard to keep from laughing as Winston made the effort to not scare Annabel. It made her love him more to see him making such a effort to be nice to a woman he was sure would either break rhys’ heart, or get her heart broken.feeling for both of them because she just knew that no matter what, someone was going to get hurt.

Sighing softly she thought about everyone showing up, wondering exactly who was coming besides connor. Feeling out of sorts because she could only hope her acting skills were up to meeting people that she'd spent her career trying to catch.

Guests started to arrive right on time, and at the sight of them, both Annabel and Winston took a gulp of their alcohol. Clearly, both of them were nervous at the idea of socializing... Luckily enough, Connor was one of the first people that Winston saw, so he made his way across the floor and smirked at the other man. "Nice of you to show up," he said, his arm still wrapped around Nyx, "You better have brought a present."

Annabel leaned in to Rhys, watching the crowd with anxious eyes. People looked at them with curiosity, not recognizing her as a cop's daughter. However, they were surprised to see him with a girl at all. Rhys was known for playing the field, not bringing dates to these kinds of functions... "It looks like your brother found someone he knows," she said, nodding to Connor, "Should we go talk to them?"

Connor smiled a little as he looked at Winston, tilting his head a little.”You make it sound like you expected something besides amazing sex.”Connor muttered snickering at the look on nyx’s face, a bright blush staining her face. While there was cold calculation in connor’s face, for the moment he was willing to set aside his worries and enjoy the party. Looking amused as he held up the small gift in his hands he smirked. “From me, something interesting and curious for you.”He said smiling a little.

Rhys looked nervous as he sipped his drink, relaxing a little when no one yelled about Annabel being there before nodding a little. “That’s connor. He’s in…charge of things down in boston.”He explained as he nodded, wrapping a arm around her waist before navigating the other guests, offering hellos and pleasant sentiments as he made his way to Winston and connor, “It’s good to see you connor. Alone?” “Of course. As if I’d want my wife seen in public with me.”Connor muttered making a face at the idea, though sarah had tried to come.

“And who is this?”Connor said smiling at Annabel, with such brash and amusement that it was like seeing rhys, for despite being married, the man was definitely a flirt, even if he knew he had no intention of acting on it, especially since he was here for Winston not the girl, he couldn’t help but flirting. “You’ll have to forgive him Annabel, Connor doesn’t know how to not flirt with women.”Nyx said smiling a little teasing connor.

“I can to. I just like seeing rhys get so worked up about it.”connor said snickering a little at the look rhys was giving him.

Winston took the small box and raised his eyebrows at the other man. "What is it?" he asked, taking in the the small package with his calculating grey eyes, "Is it appropriate to open in front of other guests?" A smirk spread across his face, and when the other man started to flirt with Anna, he was not surprised at all. Connor was hopless when it came to anything or anyone that caught his eyes. And despite Annabel's family background, she was still fun to look at.

Anna blushed, reaching out to shake Connor's hand. "I'm Annabel," she said, smiling at him before returning back to Rhys' side. The protective look on her lover's face amused her. "And it's okay. I can handle a little flirting."

Winston laughed a bit and shook his head. "Don't give him that kind of permission...," he said, rolling his eyes, "And I have a feeling Rhys will have a harder time handling Connor's kind of flirting." With that, he took a swig of his drink.

"Part of it is appropriate. I have the second half in my bags to give you later."connor said smirking at the mans words, thinking about the delicately wrought iron bracelets that had amber twisted through the metal. While not a current custom, it was a old European one to have bracelets along with wedding rings, something easily recogizable and tying the two together. And connor felt a little better about the wedding with the idea of them both wearing something he'd bought. Jealous of their coming wedding even if he was married himself.

Nyx laughed softly shaking her head as rhys wraoped a arn around annabel."no ones safe to flirt with connor."she said worried about the look on rhys' face because it meant he'd have a harder time giving her up then he thought.

Rhys laughed shaking his head though warning shined in his grey blue eyes."don't worry winston, I'm sure connors not going to do anything."he muttered though still looking thrown at the idea of having the other serial flirt around the girl he was in love with.

Winston looked down at the gift, raising his eyebrows a bit. "Wow," he said, looking up at the other man, "They are beautiful. Thank you." He gave him a smile, silently promising a much more affectionate 'thank you' when they were in private. "And I'm interested in the other half." He chuckled a bit and pulled Nyx close to him, leaning down to kiss her head before looking at his brother with amusement.

"That sounded a bit like a threat," Winston murmured, though it was clear that he was joking. As protective as Rhys could be, he was smart enough to know that Connor wouldn't do anything that he needed to worry about.

Annabel blushed and stayed close to Rhys, putting her arm around his waist to give him some assurance.

“you’re welcome.”Connor smiled looking amused as nyx picked up the bracelet, sliding it on. The well wrought silver and amber instead of looking bulky, made her wrists look even dainter and thin. “And you’ll love the second half.”He grinned, though it didn’t quite reach his eyes as he looked over at rhys, tilting his head a little.

“Hm, it could be.”Rhys said though knowing the two men were teasing him, if he kept it up connor would never leave Annabel alone simply because he knew that it would bother rhys. Shifting to wrap a arm around annbel’s shoulder, he pressed a kiss to her hair.”We better go be polite hosts, since winston’s going to stand here and talk to connor.”he teased a little already pulling away to talk to the others. No matter how much he hadn’t been involved in the business, he knew most of the business partners on sight, easily having a word with most as he walked through the room.

Nyx smiled a little as she let Winston bring her close, wrapping a arm around his waist, looking around the room. Swallowing hard as she realized that she had a wedding party made up of the most powerful and criminally powerful men in the country. That was a little unnerving. Looking up at the two men standing next to her she smiled, “He’s right. Talking would be good you guys.”She muttered knowing it made Winston uncomfortable, but also knowing he couldn’t afford to offend anyone, not if he wanted even a remote chance of ever walking away.

Winston rolled his eyes and sighed. She was right. They needed to socialize... So, with that, he took Nyx around to all his clients, family friends, and business partners. Honestly, they were all nice in person. No one would ever know that they were brutal killers in every other aspect of their life.

After making their way around the room, Winston pulled Nyx back over to where Connor was standing and smirked. "Most of the guests are starting to head out... I don't think they would miss us for a few minutes." He shrugged, looking at the other man. "What to have a drink up stairs with the two of us?"

Annabel nodded, moving around the room with him as he visited with people. She was nice and polite, letting him introduce her. The girl did as best as she could, but even as friendly as she could be, some of them did not care to talk to her. In fact, a lot of people gave her the cold shoulder... She tried to ignore it, but it was hard not to notice.

"Well, that was fun," Anna murmured, walking with him over to the champagne table and picking up a glass. Sadness was evident on her face as she took a sip of the bubbly alcohol.

Connor nodded a little as he looked down at the woman standing next to Winston, “I would.”He muttered looking amused as they headed for the stairs. Quiet as he walked he waited until they entered winston’s rooms before reaching out, tugging the woman away from him, and a motion so smooth that it was second nature, the man had a gun pointed at the bottom of her chin even as the woman was snugged right up against him.”Winston, I heard the most interesting rumor about your bride to be…”Connor muttered with the cold practically that you sometimes forgot that he had. “W-what?Connor?”Nyx stared at Winston with wide eyes, frozen in connor’s arms, trembling as she felt the gun barrel pressed into the soft flesh of her neck, looking absolutely terrified. Not sure what to say that wouldn’t make him pull the trigger.

“Did you know your about to marry a cop?Right, nyx, a DEA agent actually.”Connor muttered into her hair, wincing a little as she nodded, worried for his friend who he could tell cared for her. Nyx trembled,”I am.”She whispered eyes wide, scared, not about to lie to him, but also not about to tell her why she was there, even now, not about to betray winston’s secret.

Rhys sighed softly as he looked at her, watching the rest of the guests leave, and the happy couple and connor disappearing upstairs. Wrapping his arms around her, he tugged her close, pressing a kiss to her forehead. He hated that it had come to this, but Winston was right, she deserved a better life then being attatched to a mob son. “it wasn’t and you know it.”he muttered wondering just how he was going to explain what he wanted from her, without totally hurting her feelings and destroying what was between them. Then again, maybe he should destroy it…but he couldn’t quite bring himself to do it.

Winston swiftly pulled his own gun out, pointing it at Connor with a steady hand. He was in love with Connor, but he was also trained by a man who told him to always protect himself, even if that meant shutting his emotions off and being as ruthless as possible. "Fuck," he murmured, shaking his head, "Connor... Connor, put the gun down and I'll explain, okay? But don't hurt her. Don't." His eyes connected with Connor's, and it was clear the man was being honest. He'd be disturbed if someone happened to Nyx, and he would hate it if it had to be Connor to kill her. It would fuck everything up... Slowly, he started to put his gun down, hoping Connor would follow suit. "Let her go and let me explain."

Anna tried desperately to not let her see how disappointed she was. "I'm sorry," she murmured, thinking it was something she did wrong. Leaning in to him, she let him hold her. It felt nice to be held and comforted by him, but she couldn't help but noticed he was a bit tense. After a moment, she tilted her head up to look at him. "What's wrong, Rhys?" she whispered with a concerned expression. Her arms stayed wrapped around him and she didn't move away, hoping that it was not something bad. As hard as it was to be with him, it would tear her apart for him to leave her.

Connor frowned a little looking at the man, tilting his head a little. Seeing no surprise in the man’s face, only worry about the woman in his arms. Frowning down at the top of her head he nodded a little, flicking on the safety before sliding the gun back into the holster at his back before looking at the woman in his arms, “I think not. I like holding her.”he muttered tugging her closer, not just because he wanted to, but he also wanted to keep her close until he figured out what was going on. Picking the slight woman up easily he moved towards the couch, sitting down and settling the woman who was still trembling in his lap. Knowing he was scaring her badly, but figuring she deserved it for lying, and Winston deserved it for not letting him on the secret. The man was lucky he hadn’t just shot her. “Now, explain.”he said simply waiting for a answer. Like Winston had expected, it was connor who had figured out everything first, but even he hadn’t guessed at the whole story and he wanted to know, and he wanted to know now.

“It wasn’t you, you know that. They’re just…”He shrugged helplessly sighing as he pressed a kiss to her head, before moving away from her and heading for the stairs. “Come on, we’ll go upstairs and talk.”he muttered slipping a hand into hers, quiet until they got upstairs, tugging off his tie as he walked for his room. “I…I’m letting you go, Annabel. You wanted to go, back to school I mean.”He muttered looking around, trying to find the words.

Winston rubbed a hand over his face and tossed his gun on to the bed. "I know she's a cop," he said, "I've known for a while now. She came here to work with me to try to take down my father." He swallowed hard and shook his head. "Nothing more than that... Our relationship started out fake, okay? It was a decoy. I needed my father to trust me enough to keep his guard down and let me get past him. We tried to bust him. We really did, but it didn't work out that way. I had to kill him before he killed the girl." He looked frustrated, but sincere. It was clear he was telling the truth. When he looked at the other man, he sighed. "But things changed... And things aren't... fake anymore."

His eyes moved over to Nyx, silently telling her to relax. Connor wouldn't kill her unless he was threatened, and he knew that he could trust Winston more than any other person in the world. That was a fact.

Annabel looked confused as she started to slip out of her dress. "I don't understand," she said, her eyebrows knitting together. "You are letting me sign up for classes again? I didn't think that was much a question... I mean, I figured I'd eventually get back into school with things settled down." She shrugged, clearly not understanding what he was trying to tell her. Walking into the closet, she slipped on some sweat pants and a tank top, then sat on the foot of the bed.

Connor stared at him, absently stroking nyx’s hair, even upset as he was, the man was upset with upsetting a woman so much, and sought to calm her without even noticing he was doing it. Huffing out a breath he sighed.”Bloody hell Winston.”He muttered before sighing.”You’re in trouble if you’re going to marry her anyways.”he said looking worried for his friend, because he was worried with just how much trouble Winston was going to get into with nyx if he was really falling for her instead of pretending.

Nyx swallowed hard, eyes wide wide but nodding a little trusting Winston just as much as connor did, relaxing back into the man holding her. As much as she wanted to pull away and walk to Winston, she didn’t want to startle connor, didn’t want to move to quickly just in case he decided to kill her anyways.

Rhys winced as he undressed before nodding a little. “Well, its okay now. You’re not a prisoner anymore…I mean, you haven’t been for a month. I think you need to go back to class.”He said looking worried and upset as he slid into his own sleeping clothes and climbing in bed, tugging her down next to him, absently stroking her hair. Trying to comfort himself just as much as he was her.

Winston bit the inside of his cheek so hard that he could taste blood. "I know, I know," he said, moving over to bar to make them all drinks, "And... Well, I haven't thought that far in advance. No one is rushing a wedding. People know my father just died. They should expect that I would take time to get things under control." He shrugged, trying to make sense of things. While he was falling for Nyx, he also knew getting married was a big deal. He didn't want to marry her for the wrong reasons, and he knew they needed to wait a while.

Walking over to them, he handed them both a drink before settling on the chair across from the couch. "I didn't realize how worried you were," he said, looking at the other man. He wondered what fueled Connor's reaction the most - that she was a cop, or that Winston might actually get married.

Annabel curled up next to him and nodded. "Okay," she said, smiling, "I'll make sure things are lined up for the next semester." She bit her lip and looked up at him, knowing that this was not all he was trying to say. There was more to it, and he was not coming out with it. She could tell just by the way he stroked her hair. He only did that when something was bothering him, and he was taking comfort in comforting her. "Rhys, what's going on?" she whispered, reaching up to stroke his cheek, "Why do you look so upset? Did I do something?"

“True. And it’s a wedding, you take time to plan those things.”he muttered watching the other man, tilting his head a little, having looked for a answer because he was worried that his friend was just marrying for the need to produce a heir, and well…even if he was married himself, it still made him jealous if he thought about it to hard, that the only person he really cared for, was getting married. Even his wife didn’t own as much of his heart as Winston did.

“I didn’t want you to be marrying for stupid reasons that’s all.”He muttered looking away from the other, refusing to admit to being as jealous as he was, loosing his grip on the girl sitting in his lap as he sipped his whiskey. Nyx swallowed hard, not trusting that she was free before scampering out of connor’s lap, for a moment not believing that she could before climbing into winston’s lap, not to make connor jealous though he was at the sight, but becaue she needed the comfort, to know she wasn’t about to die. While she knew she should be adding to the conversation, and that she should be respecting Winston's boundaries of not being as clingy as she was, she needed comfort. she just did. Swallowing hard she shuddered slightly."I care for him connor...I wouldn't consider staying here, marrying him still if I didn't."She muttered resting her head on Winston's shoulder, biting her lip to keep from admitting to being in love.

“good.”Rhys said looking awkward as he sighed, running his fingers through his hair as he looked at her, before looking down at the blanket as he struggled for the words. Because it involved just how much he cared for her, and he wasn’t good with voicing things, the man was having more trouble;then he usually did with talking. “No, its not you. I…I just want you to have a normal life…to not be my prisoner anymore, and feel trapped…”He said struggling to get the words together.

Winston reached up and stroked her hair, holding her close as he looked over at Connor. "I never do anything for stupid reasons," he said with a smirk, sipping his drink. It was hard to be angry at Connor, because in reality, he knew the man was just trying to protect him. He worried about him, and in turn, Winston felt grateful. However, he also knew it meant nothing good... Because he also knew that look in Connor's eye was more than protectiveness; it was jealousy. Winston just hoped nothing bad would come of it.

Tilting his head, he kissed Nyx's forehead, then stood up. He moved over to sit beside Connor on the couch, because despite the fact that he didn't want to put her down, he also wanted to be close to his other lover... Reaching out, he placed his hand on Connor's and looked into is eyes. "I promise that everything is okay," he said, "I have it under control."

Annabel sat up on her elbow and looked at him, her eyebrows knitting together. "Rhys, I'm not your prisoner... And you are more trapped in this situation than I am," she said, looking concerned, "I'm in love with you, and I want to be here with you." Reaching up, she stroked his cheek.

“I’m fairly certain marrying for love, or whatever you two are doing, is a stupid reason.”Connor muttered looking worried, sighing softly as he stretched, spreading his legs out in front of him, raising a eyebrow at the two as Winston moved to sit besides him, amused that nyx shifted closer to Winston, but at the same time rested a hand on connor’s arm. Studying the two he huffed out a sigh before looking up at winston’s eyes.”I highly doubt that, but fine.”He grumbled.

Nyx bit her lip to keep from laughing at connor’s sulking words, knowing he was only upset because he was worried and jealous. And it scared her, because she didn’t know what he would do if he lost control of that jealousy. “…how did you find out?”she asked studying the man, wondering just how had ratted her out. Connor offered a slight smirk, shrugging.”Friends in low places. Boston’s a town full of dirty cops, and the good ones do me a good turn when I turn in some of the dirty ones. When I asked after you, one told me you were a cop.”Connor said sighing softly, worried about them both, and shifting, leaning against the two, resting his head on winston’s shoulder, because he was scared, for all of them.

Rhys sighed looking at her, frowning a little.”But…don’t you want a normal life?As nice as my life is, its not normal.”he said trying to convince her that she should go, but since he didn’t want her to go, it was making it hard to do so. Swallowing hard as he leaned into her hand, shuddering a little. Wanting nothing more then to hold her and never let her go, but his own inability to make sense of his own feelings made it possible to say out loud.

Winston turned his head and kissed Connor, his hand moving up to run his fingers through the other man's red hair. "We are all going to be fine, one way or another," he whispered against his lips, then pulled back to look at him. The funny thing was that as jealous as Connor was over Winston getting married, he was pretty sure it would never compare to how jealous he felt over Connor's pregnant wife. The thought of Connor having a family made him feel even more like an outsider in their relationship.

"I feel like I shouldn't even have to tell you that there is no reason for you to go to a guest room," he said, smirking. He shifted Nyx over to sit on the couch so he could get up and fill his drink again. While standing, he opened the balcony door and lit a cigarette. After taking a few puffs, he turned and handed one to Connor. The way he looked at the other man clearly showed how much he had missed him, even if it was masked by his usually cold and distant behavior.

Annabel pulled away and looked at him for a few silent moments. "Are you... Are you trying to convince me to leave you?" she asked, pain flickering across her face, "Are you trying to passive-aggressively break up with me?" She sat up in the bed and flicked on the lamp, looking at him with a hurt expression. All of it was starting to click for her now, and she understood what he was doing. Of course, that didn't mean it made her feel any better. Not at all. Her heart broke at the thought of him no longer wanting her around.

Connor sighed softly as he leaned into the man’s hand, loving the feel of his hair being played with. Kissing him back before smiling a little. “You’re a optimist. I would have never guessed.”He muttered teasing him a little. Nyx smiled resting her head on winston’s shoulder, just content to be with both men and just calm herself, still out of sorts at nearly dying. And she was still curious to see the two men together, cause despite having accepted their relationship, it still puzzled her, and made her feel left out.

“Ah, are you sure I shouldn’t stay in a guest room?”Connor said his eyes flicking down to the woman laying curled up against the couch arm as Winston set her down, smiling as he took the cigarette, taking a long drag as he moved to stand next to Winston, giving nyx the perfect pretty picture to stare at. “Stay. He’ll sulk if you don’t, and I…don’t mind.”Nyx said though she was still feeling jumpy, she knew connor had only done it to protect the man they both loved.

Rhys winced staring down at the bed, looking out of sorts and really upset.”Yes! Don’t you want a better life then one you would have with me?I know this wasn’t what you wanted. To be here, to stay here all the time.”He said looking so pained that it was obvious he was hating to say it, that he didn’t want to, but was still forcing the words past his lips. Remembering what Winston had said, that this would be for the best.

Winston took a drag of his cigarette and leaned against the railing of the balcony. "I didn't become an optimist until here recently," he sighed. And at the very moment, he felt a huge weight of guilt wash over him. He was not exactly an optimist with his brother, and maybe... maybe it was because he was trying to make Rhys look around at the kind of world that their father so conveniently sheltered him from. Maybe it was his way of retaliating his father's choice to make him the cold heir to the mafia, not Rhys.

Yea, maybe he fucked up. Who was he to tell Rhys not to be with Annabel when he was in a love triangle with a another mob boss and a cop?

"Well, maybe I'm not so much of one..." he sighed, rubbing a hand over his face.

Annabel stood up from the bed and looked down at him, hurt written all over her face. "Fine!" she yelled, because she was taking his rationality a different way. She assumed that he was just trying to be nice, and this was his way of ending their relationship because he was tired of her... She should have known this would happen. That her love for him was too good to be true; that it was some sick version of stockholm syndrome, probably.

"I get it," she snapped, "You want me to go." Her eyes were filled with tears as she began to go to the closet and slip into some clothes. "I'll go stay with my mother or whatever, and you can send me my things - Wait, no. I don't own those clothes. You do."

She sat on the foot of the bed so that she could tie her shoes, feeling defeated.

Connor grinned a little looking bemused at the man’s words.”Good. you being optimistic sort of scares me. Its creepy.”Connor said looking worried though, tilting his head as he studied his friend and lover, finishing his cigarette before nudging him. “Come on. I still have the rest of your present, if you want to make it up to her for me scaring her.”Connor said turning to look at nyx, his eyes turning dark, but not dangerous, more…lustful as he considered just what the two of them could do with that lithe beautiful body. Oh yea, he wished he could stay here, when at home his wife made him miserable.

“Hey, hey, who said I wanted to have sex with you?”Nyx said frowning a little as she slipped off the couch and headed for the bedroom to find her pj’s, looking more comfortable and at ease when she walked back in wearing black sweats and a tank top, instead of something sexy. Wanting to just be with the two of them, more then sex. Taking comfort in their presence.

Rhys winced pulling away from her, swallowing hard as she got up. Looking torn apart, and really wishing he could bash winston’s head against something. This couldn’t be something better, nothing was worth this. “..I want you to be happy Annabel. And no matter what, its not with me. I cant make you happy…I’m…I’m broken,and I cant give you what you want.”he muttered looking at her sitting on the edge of the bed, before staring down at his hands as he sat up, for once admitting to knowing just how fucked up his father had left him, so emotionally locked down that he couldn’t even voice anything, so emotionally locked up that Winston was more likely to admit to feeling things then rhys.

Winston looked at the two of them with amusement. "Well, the lady says no sex," he said, shrugging, "But I'd be willing to see what you could do to convince her otherwise... and what our other present is." He finished his cigarette and threw it out before coming back inside and stripping down to his black boxers. He walked across the room and placed his hands on Nyx's hips, pulling her into his strong body and kissing her passionately on the lips, willing to lose himself in the presence of his lovers for the night.

Annabel looked back over her shoulder at him. "Is that... Is that what you think, Rhys? That you are broken beyond compare, and that I don't want anything broken?" She stood up and walked over to him, sitting beside him on the bed and placing her hands on either side of his face. "I'm happy with you, and I don't care what kind of man your father was... It doesn't matter to me. Because I fell in love with the man who showed mercy to me, who took care of me, who bonded with me... who saved my life." A tear rolled down her cheek. "Because I know who you really are on the inside, and that's nothing like your father."

Back
Top Bottom