Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Adventures in Barsaive

Status
Not open for further replies.
(make a Perception check if you would please.)

As your mind races you begin to notice that both Bartrened and Corrin have taken a heavy interest in you as far as you can tell. Both men, in one form or another, seem to linger on your words. As for the reason why they have been inactive is really anyones guess. However, something tells you that the current amount of fellows gathered could in fact be the cause. Bartrened looks around for a moment as the conversation hits a low point. He smiled, and rises up from his seat. "Would you care to dance?" He asks of you, holding out a calloused hand. That same smug smile almost burned onto his face.

[Perception 7:d12=9]

So it appears I even get to choose between the younger Bartrend and the older Corrin. The latter somewhat brings forth memories of Gerald, although he still is a good decade younger. Seems the evening has the potential for a very entertaining end, so let the games begin.

"But of course" I take the offered hand and rise as well. Now is a good time to correct the earlier omission, and my sword slides of my shoulder and over the chairs backrest before I turn towards the merchant with an inviting smiile of my own "Ready when you are"

(Sorry for nothing from me last night, we lost internet until a few hours ago.)

As your mind settles for a moment, you come to the realization that there happened to be several occasions where you were being stared at, before even being offered to dance. The reason as to the lack of actual takers could be chalked up to any form of intimidation, the heavy weapon slung over your shoulder certainly would make many average men wary of you. Though of course there are quite possibly a lot more reasons, and yet few but Bartrned have asked anything of you.

Bartrend's smile refuses to leave as he leads you out towards a somewhat open area. The music is easier to hear now, and the small crowd that was dancing much earlier in the evening has expanded to a considerable amount. Bartrend begins to dance, starting with a low bow of his torso, nearly dipping down to the ground. Once he stands up, you can tell that although he is certainly the youngest individual amongst that particular group, you can tell that his day to day tasks have certainly put a little ware into his skin. He looks bronzed from the sun, his neck appears to be scarred a bit. He leads in the dance, "Well I certainly hope you have been enjoying yourself at least somewhat. Corrin likes to talk too much, I tend to be more a man of action myself."

I am content to follow Bartrend's lead. I have joince a dance here or there back in Drenix, but I am definitely no expert, so this seems like the best way to grow used to the local customs. And I make a mental note that brandishing a large weapon is detrimental to attracting many suitors.

"Oh, I noticed how bold you were, asking me to dance just like that..." I reply, my friendly grin an attempt to communicate that I intend no mockery, just good natured humor "and you are still young. It is no wonder old Corrin needs to follow another stratgey..." It seems unnecessary to vocalize the ultimate goal of both their strategems.

Bartrend chuckles just a little bit, his motions at the dance being surprisingly smooth in an overall sense, though he certainly does lose his rythem now and again. "Though I have to admit, I was afraid for a moment that you would not take me up on the offer. After all I am sure you are aware that you could easily have any single individual in this entire festival swooning over you in an instant." The male says with another grin, keeping in a much more even step than before. "I must state that you decided in my favor though, for whatever it is worth. And I can't deny that I am getting a certain amount of pleasure out of dancing with a beautiful Elfen woman such as yourself." His statement more of honesty, than any attempt at dumb flattery. Though you do get the strong sense it was stated to work as some form of flattery as well.

His flattery, intentional or not, does have an effect though. I can feel a slight warmth in my cheeks and hope that the crimson sheen that is about to develop is not too noticeable. To better cover this up I momentarily turn my head away from Bartrend and take the opportunity to verify his statement, checking if indeed some of the males watching the dancers are particularly focused on me. Now that is an interesting idea, just randomly walk up to one of them and ask him if he wants to bed me...

One apparently suitable and willing candidate is very close by, though, and now that I have calmed down I feel confident once more, and ready to enter the teasing game. I do not want to dismiss the option of Corrin entirely, but until I reach my decision why not have a bit of fun?

"So dancing is where you derive most of your pleasure from?" I therefore ask, with an innocence that quite clearly is fake.

As your head turns, your eyes glance around the square. You take note that several individuals do seem to stare at you to some degree. The field does cover a wide range of males, from young males in their late teens, to men seemingly as old as fifty. You even notice a few males ,who are otherwise preoccupied with dance partners of their own, watching you instead of their partners.

Bartrend chuckles a little. "Oh trust me, if it were only that simple. Though I can't deny dancing with a beautiful woman does indeed cause quite a bit of pleasure in me. Though I do have to wonder what gives you pleasure?"

"Many things, actually..." I reply rather non committing as the dance continues. " ... nice weather combined with good food, an efficient training session with my weapon, meeting interesting people, a romp in the hay ... "

Bartrend's eyebrow lifts upwards a bit, a thin grin on his face. "Well that certainly is a good number of things indeed. Though I suppose dancing isn't high upon your priority list then?" he asks, chuckling a bit. "A romp in the hey though, that is indeed something that would provide pleasure. Though I can't imagine you get many chances for it on the road?"

"You could say that ... " I reply with an impish grin "... there weren't many hay barns on the road, with the trek leading through sparsely inhabited land. So a girl has to become more flexible" A few dance steps later I add "And don't worry, if I did not like dancing I would not be here now, would I?"

Bartrend chuckles a bit at your response, "That would most certainly be true. You certainly are as quick with your wits, as you are with your feet. I am beyond impressed I must admit." he sys, keeping the dance going for a moment before he speaks again. "It is rather surprising in fact that someone of your beauty, and intelligence isn't already spoken for."

"Maybe that's because I like it that way? Where would be the fun if I only ever got to sample one man?"

Apparently his copious flattery has gotten to me as I am speaking my mind so openly and with very little thought. Not only that, but also boasting like I had dozens of men already, when in truth it was less than a handful with only two with which I got around to repeat the fun. But Bartrend does not need to know that, and even as I delve in thse thoughts I hear the tune for this particular dance coming to an end.

(Sorry for the lateness, we lost Internet again.)

Bartrend nods a bit at your answer. "Well, honestly I can't blame you for that one. Though I can only imagine that many have tried and to tell truth, I don't rightly blame them to a certain degree." As the dance comes to an end, he bows low to you and kisses your hand. "You did me a great honor with that dance, I would ask for another but would not like to overstay my welcome. Though if you prefer I can show you around the city a bit if you were so inclined?"

Not as many attempts as he might think. Which in turn might have to do with me growing up in a rather backwater town and being considered somewhat of an outsider while also versed in the handling of weapons. As I had just been reminded, that tends to deter people.

As we walk back I politely reply while looking back at Bartrend walking behind me over my shoulder "I might come back to that offer a bit later, but for now I would prefer to enjoy the festivities." That and give the other prospective candidates a chance.

So with a sensual sway in my hips I approach the table for the second time today.

You make your way back to the table, surprisingly the entire group is still present there. Bartrend offers a nod and a smile as a form of reply, though something tells you that his eyes become trained on your hips as you walk. You still feel several pairs of eyes upon you, from varrious different directions. Corrin, and Bartrend being the most obvious and straightforward. "Well, you certainly led Bartrend around out there." Corrin states with a smile, "I can only imagine several individuals will try to be on your heels for a dance."

It seems Bartrend was right, that Corrin seems hesitant to take action himself.

So I take my time to sit down near to him in a slow but hopefully enticing and seductive way, my behind moving in an exxagerated arc before finally planting itself onto the seat. I give him a provocative grin and reply rather blatantly "So when you look at me all you can think of are other men dancing with me?"

As you sit next to the male, youn otice a small blush form into his cheeks. "Well, I can assure you that that is certainly not the only thing that I think about. Though, uh, it may be a tad inappropriate to mention what else while there are still people around us." He stated, somewhat quietly, a grin on his face. It isn't hard to see that the man seems a bit more flustered, and yet he doesn't seem to be having too bad of a time with it all.

As Corrin does not seem to mind the game of teasing and innuendo too much I feel encouraged to continue.

"And let me guess, if there were no other people around you would want to do more than just mention something, am I right?"

Corrin chuckles heavily, "Well, you would certainly be correct on that one." He responded with a grin. "And if there were no other people around, what would you be mentioning?"

"Oh you know, I am still a bit tense from the long marches those last days." for emphasis I bring up my elbows and pull them back in a demonstrative stretching motion that makes the muscles on my back contract. And just by coincidence also causes my shirt to span rather tightly around my chest. With half closed eyes and a slight grimace on my face I continue "So I would not mind a good massage ..." before finally relaxing again.

Corrin chuckles a bit once again, "Well, that does certainly sound like something that could be very beneficial. And certainly after such a long amount of time on the road, I can certainly understand wanting a little relaxation. I am not too bad at massages, and I would be more than happy to help you should you wish it."

An intriguing proposition actually. I had been honest with my tense muscles, and the thought of a strong pair of hands working that out of me seems enticing. Even if whoever these hands belong to thinks of helping himself to a special reward afterwards. Actually that reward might be mutual. How will Corrin handle this?

"I think I am going to take you up on that offer."

There is an obvious deviousness in Corrin's eyes for a moment. "As you wish..." He says, a very light chuckle comingles with his normal tone of voice. He carefully situates himself behind you, his hands carefully rest on your shoulders for a moment. Not surprisingly, several of the others have already started to leave as the festivites are starting to wind down a but, though many others seem to still go strong. Corrin takes advantage of the opportunity and begins to let his hands travel gently across your arms. Stroking gently at the limbs as a form of warm up. "You just tell me when to stop...Or when you would prefer to move this somewhere else." His hands continue to travel against your armor. Its hard to tell through your garb, but his touch for the most part is surprisingly smooth, though it is obvious he hasn't done this as often as he had just boasted. His hands quickly find their way to your back, his fingers finding and massaging small kinks as they travel up towards your shoulders yet again.

I just try my best to sit still and let the man proceed however he deems suitable. Soon it becomes obvious, though, not only that he is not quite as trained as he claims, but more importantly that my armor is simply too thick for his busy fingers to have any noteable effect. No big surprise there, after all the thing is designed with the intent to keep out harmful influences.

"This won't work ..." I therefore proclaim, still looking straight ahead, away from Corrrin. "I think for a proper massage I will have to take a few things off, and I'd rather not do this right here." Especially not the extent of disrobal I have in mind, and the thought alone makes me smile.

Corrin lifts his hands off of your shoulders, and pushes himself backwards a bit to give you a little room. "Understandable. All that armor would in deed impede a few of th benefits of a massage." He stands up from his seat, "Now if you would like I can offer a bit more of the same in a more...Comfortable setting. Perhaps my place? Or if you would be more comfortable elsewhere, I would certainly be more than happy to accompany you there." The man offers.

Vidin, who has been off on his own flys over towards your table and releases a small yawn, "Well. I think I am going to call it an evening. See you in the morning Yaiil." The Windling offers with a salute before flying off towards the inner market area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom