Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Hunter and His Prey (Alexandria94 and Josu_T)

Occasionally Olivia would look over at him, but couldn't think of anything to say as she bit her lip focusing on the road ahead. She felt like she could cut the tension in the air with a knife, and she hoped it wouldn't always be like this. That eventually they would open up to each other a little like they had when they were little, if he remembered. "W-why am I special?" She asked, even though a part of her really didn't want to, not did it want to know the answer. She was afraid that there was a more powerful vampire hunter that needed her for something and it was then she would die. Like a mouse being dangled in front of a cat.

Leo looked over at her when she finally asked what he'd thought she would ask. He sighed and decided to be at least somewhat honest with her, since he was going to keep her locked away. "You remind me of someone I used to know. I can't kill you. I'm going against my training, my instructions, and my better judgement, but I can't kill you. But I am going to make sure you never hurt anyone. I have to do this." He focused on the road even as he spoke.

After Leo said those words to her, the only thing running through her mind was; 'He remembers me! He remembers me!'. At least she hoped it was her that he was remembering, but in the back of her mind that was truly the only person she could think of. Her breathing was becoming quite brisk and she had to breathe in a few deep breaths before she was able to somewhat clam herself down. "Oh." was all she managed to say as she looked down at her hands in her lap. "Uhm..." She said, her face growing crimson. "What exactly is g-going to happen to me?" She asked him and her voice cracked. She hated sounding so weak, but around him, she didn't know how to act strong.

Leo continued to drive. He expected her following question, but he wasn't quite sure what to say. He hadn't really decided what he was going to do. After a minute he shrugged. "I'm going to keep you locked up and weakened so you can't harm people. But I will keep you alive. I'll find a way to get you some blood so you won't starve. But I am not quite sure what I am going to do with you while I keep you locked away. I guess we'll both find out eventually. If you behave I am fairly certain things will be better for you though. So do what I say, when I say it." He glanced her way and tried to think of what would be best. He would need to find some use for her.

Olivia took another deep breath and looked over at him. "While I understand why you would do that, just know that I have never hurt anyone. Even in the beginning." After she said it, she couldn't look at him, she didn't want to go with him and just be locked away for forever, but she knew if she tried to retaliate she would be hurt. Vampire hunters were lethal, when she was first turned it was the only warning her attacker gave to her; to never trust one.

As she tried to tell him she had never hurt anyone he glared at her, shaking his head. "Do you really think I am going to believe that? You're probably thinking you can get me to go easier on you if you tell me things I want to hear. It isn't going to work. So just be quiet and sit there." His eyes returned to the road and from then on he ignored her. He drove them into the city and parked near the hunter safe house. He made her carry all her things again as he led her to the apartment. It was in the basement of a building and was fairly dark and sparsely decorated, but it was comfortably furnished. There were two rooms. He took the blood bags from her and refrigerated them, then he put her in one of the rooms. He secured the door from the outside so she couldn't get out unless he let her. Then he went to the other room to get some much needed sleep.

Olivia was hurt that he actually thought she could hurt someone, or anything. When they were little she wouldn't even kill butterflies and Leovin would always make fun of her for it. Sighing she kept her gaze away from his as they traveled on the road, occasionally she wanted to look over to him, but kept her urges in check by biting her lip. She was honestly surprised at how long they traveled until they made it to the basement apartment, and Olivia was kind of mad at him for just putting her in a room, but once she was the bed she knew she needed to sleep as well. Glaring once more at the door, she moved to the bed and crawled into it. She was surprised at how soft it felt and she couldn't help but moan as her head hit the pillow. 'Tomorrow' she said to herself, 'Tomorrow, I will try and explain who I am to him'. She could only hope he would believe her and not get angry.

As soon as Leo was in the bed he was drifting off to sleep. Even with the craziness that had happened he had no problem sleeping. Since it was already late at night when they arrived he ended up sleeping well into the morning. When he woke he first checked to make sure the vampire hadn't been able to get away. When he was sure of that he started to make himself a meal. He checked the time and knew it couldn't be breakfast. At best it was an early lunch. Either way food was food. He sat at the small table in the apartment kitchen and ate slowly. He continued to think of what his long term plan would be. He really wasn't sure he had one and that wasn't good. After eating he sat for an hour before finally getting up and opening the door to the vampire's room. He didn't say anything. He just looked in at her.

While the bed was entirely comfortable Olivia got too hot about the middle of the night and took off her sweatshirt and yoga pants, leaving her in only her socks and panties. She figured that when he came and got her he would knock on the door and she would be able to simply put them back on. After that she had slept very comfortably, occasionally she would wake up and wonder what would happen to her, and she knew her only option of truly living would be to tell him who she was, but she was afraid. When morning-ish came around she slowly opened her eyes and when she sat up, she immediately noticed him looking at her, silently thankful for the cover over her front as she grasped it. "Uhm." She said and swallowed, her face turning red as she also looked back at him.

When he opened the door he simply looked at her with a blank expression as she made sure she was covered up. He styed silent for a minute, then he cleared his throat. "Get out here in five minutes I need to talk to you." He left it at that and then turned, going back into the kitchen. He sat and waited for her to emerge from her room. Once she did he looked into her eyes. "I need to know more about you if I keep you alive. I am not used to working with living vampires. Well, at least not for long. My job is to make them dead. So what do you need? How often do you need blood? Is there a specific type that is better? Is there anything else that you need to stay alive? Keeping in mind that you will have limited freedom. So I only need to know your necessities."

Olivia sat down before answering any of his questions. There were so many things running through her mind that she wanted to tell him, but she was pretty sure that more than half of them would get her killed, so she settled with only telling him the basics. "Uhm, I usually only need blood once a week unless I'm outside in the sun for more than a couple of hours a day. Usually O positive tastes the best, but I'll take whatever you give me with no complaints." She bit on her thumb trying to think of something else to say, she wanted them to finally exchange names but knew that if he said Leovin she would be crushed, so she kept it to herself. "That's about it." She said and looked away from him. Knowing who he was the worst thing to her, she felt she would have less torture with someone who was actually trying to kill her.

He listened to her and took mental notes about what she needed. It was good to know that she wouldn't need blood on a frequent basis. The supply he'd picked up already would last another month. When she didn't add any other needs he was quite glad. It wouldn't be too hard to deal with her. He relaxed a little in his seat and gazed into her eyes. His expression was a little stern. "Good. Now, I want it to be clear that you will follow my instructions at all times. You can call me Leovin or Leo. I will respond to either. But the most important thing is to show me respect. Understand that just because I've spared your life now, doesn't mean I won't end it if you give me a reason to end it." With that stated he got up. He didn't want to know her name, mostly because he wasn't sure he could trust anything she said. Though part of him also didn't want to hear her saying the name of that little girl he had once known.

Even with being a vampire, she still had a heart beat, though extremely faint. Once he said his name to her, she could feel her once steady heartbeat begin to rise. She didn't want to believe it was him, even though most of her already knew it was. Olivia wanted to scream, she couldn't stay here with him for that long, knowing that all she wanted to do was go to him, to love on him. For a couple of minutes she debated in her head whether to tell him, and finally decided that she would. "Leo.." She whispered her eyes looking up at him and then down again once tears started to form. "It's me. Olivia." She didn't want to tell him, a part of her felt like he needed to know, like he had to know, but now that the words were out, she almost wished she could take them back.

There was a long silence, but it didn't bother Leovin. When she did speak he looked up at her. Her words stunned him and he looked at her in silence for a minute. A confirmation of what he had feared. But then he let out a loud noise, much like a roar. He shook his head furiously. "No!! You aren't her! You can't be her." He stared at her in defiance. "You are a vampire. Deceitful and evil. You are lying to me. Stop it. Stop lying. You must have heard I was coming for you. Then you learned about me and about my past and you're taking advantage of the similarities. But you can't be her. I won't believe it." With that statement he set it in his mind that no matter what she said he would ignore any claims of being Olivia. He would not call her by that name and he would stop himself from thinking that way.

Olivia was stunned that he didn't believe her, but she couldn't say she hadn't been expecting it. His roar sacred her, and she knew at this moment he could over power her with no problem and that also scared her. Her eyes were beginning to rim with tears but she quickly blinked them back before looking back at him. "I swear Leo, it's me." She whispered to him, afraid to break the very thin ice she was already skating on.

When she insisted it was her he glared at her. He was not going to accept it, no matter how often she said it. He wouldn't let it be true. There was no verbal response this time. Instead he got up and grabbed her by the arm. He roughly pulled her into her room and shoved her hard toward her bed. Then he spun and went through the door. He closed and locked it again, making sure she wouldn't get out. He was furious. Deep inside he knew it was her, but every fibre of his being wanted it to be a lie. His heart broke then and he collapsed into a seat. He held back the tears that wanted to flow. The girl he had known and loved was a monster now and there was no way to turn back the clock, to stop it from happening.

Olivia gasped when he roughly pulled her into the room. After he left she couldn't help bu look down at her arm. There were already bruises appearing in the shape of his fingers because of the silver bracelet that she was currently glaring at. She hated it because it made her so weak, she even felt weaker than she had as a human but knew it was only because she wasn't used to it yet. She didn't know what to do with Leo, she was afraid of him and she knew he was the only person she would ever seek comfort from. Without anything else to do she sat on the bed, staring at the door.

After a while Leo was able to get himself together again. He got up and left the apartment. He went to first report that the vampire he had been assigned had been taken care of. He was careful not to say that she was dead, though he expected them to imply that meaning. He then requested that he not be given another assignment for a while. He didn't say why. When he was done there he started to look into some options of places he could take the vampire. He also started to investigate what had happened to Olivia since he had lost contact with her as a child. He hoped that he would find where the real Olivia was so he could prove that the vampire wasn't really her. Even if the real Olivia was dead, at least he would know.

Olivia didn't know what she was going to do. She was scared of Leovin, more than she wanted to be. She knew she shouldn't be this scared, but she had just heard so many things regarding the hunters. They were supposed to be ruthless, so she wondered why she was still alive, since apparently he didn't believe her when she said she was Olivia, she was so confused. She thought and thought on it so much that her head started to hurt and it forced her to lay down and go back to sleep.

Leovin eventually made his way back to the apartment. He hadn't been able to learn anything about Olivia and what had happened to her over the recent years. He'd only been able to track her for a few years from when she had left. After that he knew nothing and he wasn't sure where to look to find out. He was even more furious with the vampire. He wasn't acting rationally when he burst into her room. Though deep down inside he had decided that he would treat her in the way he would never treat the real Olivia and that would help him convince himself that she wasn't really the girl he had known. When he entered the room she was asleep. He went to her bed and roughly shook her to wake her up. Once she was awake he glared down at her. "What did you do with the real Olivia? Where is she? Did you kill her and take her place? Tell me!"

Even though Olivia didn't dream she did sleep well, that was until someone violently woke her up. She couldn't help but gasp when she looked up to Leo, listening to his words. "Leo, I swear it's me." She yelped out, still in his arms she was still slightly shaken. Her eyes looked up at him, trying to decide whether he was going to cause her harm or not, and when she couldn't figure out if he would or not, her body tensed up. She swallowed as she tried to calm down her breathing, her body slowly starting to shake.

Her answer was not what he wanted to hear, but it saved her life. As long as she continued to claim she was Olivia he wouldn't kill her. It made him very angry though. He yelled out "No!" and then he struck her hard across the face. He didn't stop there. He hit her three more times, each one harder than the last. He took his frustration and anger out on her, wanting to hurt her. He shoved her hard down into the bed and then he got up and moved away a little. He stood over her, breathing heavily, chest heaving. He wanted to do more, wanted to hurt her more, but he held back, keeping himself in check as much as possible.

Olivia couldn't help the scream that escaped her lips, each one getting louder with each progressively harder hit. Whenever he was finished, at least for the moment she crawled away from him so fast and frantically that she hit the headboard in less than a second. "Leovin, don't do something you might regret." She whispered as she cringed from the pain on her face. With the bracelet on, she would heal almost like a normal human would. Olivia stared at him, clear hurt in her eyes.

He stared at her angrily. He shook his head as he moved slowly closer to her again. His voice was strangely calm, but was laced with malice. "Why would I regret anything I do with you? You are a monster. A vampire. Evil and cunning, focused only on your own desires. I am sworn to kill you, but I won't. But you are not my friend. So why shouldn't I do whatever I want. If I want to hit you, I will. If I want to tie you up and leave you in a dark hole or in a cage like an animal, I will. Anything I want to do with you, I'll do. You may as well be my property now. Do you understand?" He stopped when he was close enough to reach out and touch her, but he didn't. He held back.

Leovin had scared her so badly by now that she was shaking and she knew that she couldn't stay this close to him while he looked like this. Olivia's heart was again racing as she looked at him, listening to his awful words, that's when she decided she had to move. She moved off of the bed, never taking her eyes off of him as she walked back as far as the room would allow until she hit the wall with her back. "Leo, please, I swear it is me." She whispered to him as her hands stayed flat on the wall, she watched him with intent, somehow hoping that the small bed between him and her would keep him away.

Back
Top Bottom