Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Accidental Bonds(ryax/lady)

Thorne smiled resting her head on his chest, sighing softly as she smiled. “I do. I hope so.”She muttered resting a hand on her stomach, before cupping her glass in both hands, sipping the warm beverage as she went quiet, thinking about it. Staring down at the glass she shuddered a little, before nodding. “I do. I..I never thought about it happening so soon again, but I didn’t do anything to prevent it either…I figured it would happen if it was meant to be.”She muttered sighing quietly. Resting her head on his chest, trying to relax because after seeing her mother, knowing her own history, the woman was frightened, deathly frightened of being pregnant. Even more so because she had a traitor stalking them, and she was vulnerable in a way that could get her killed just as easily as it had killed her mother.

‘I’m scared…I’m scared of dying, of leaving you with a child will be a pawn for whatever my father has planned….I’m scared of becoming my mother, even if I am brought back. I don’t want to hate a child. I want to show it just how much I love them already.”She muttered, already falling in love with their child, a child that she could see with lucifer’s dark hair and her bright eyes…oh yes, even scared, she was already in love with the babe she carried. “I’m just…scared, luc.”She shrugged a little not able to voice her feelings better, but that was the biggest of her worries, she didn’t want to leave him alone. Because she knew he would be just as broken as her father was if something happened.

Laughing softly at his words as she drew back out of the kiss, she looked amused, “Well, I am sure we can stay here, just to protect you.”She teased looking amused as she rested her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes before sipping the drink. “Good. I deserve the best of everything. And you can sleep on the couch.”She said primly, snickering a little before nodding. “I’m going to get fat, its not nice teasing me about that.”She said making a face at him as she elbowed him, looking vaguely worried. Because she was young, young enough to be vain about how she looked, and how he saw her. Not realizing that she was going to be beautiful to him as she grew round and big with his child.

"I'm a little shocked as well. I'm glad it happened again.", he revealed, a weak, tired, yet tremendously happy smile smile towards his wife. Listening to her scare and fright, he frowned momentarily, concerned expression showing before he responded to her scared little words, a voice calm and soothing to one's ears, "Me too, but I promise that you'll be alright, I won't let any harm come to you, ever.".

Grinning when she mentioned that he could sleep on the couch, there was now ay unless she became intolerable in bed that he would sleep on his own couch. He winced just for show when she elbowed him, grinning at her by his fattening comment.

A few hours later, they had been sipping their drinks, what's left of them having been cold for a while, even if they had ordered new ones. The sky had grown dark, nightfall happening as the sky was covered in a thick and grey blanket of even clouds. It was particularly light outside as the snow reflected the light, and so did the clouds. Beautiful really, the snowfall had grown a bit heavier, but nothing more then pretty. While cuddling his Thorne in their little booth, it began being time for them to start looking for a place to spend the night on the surface. "Let's go find a place to stay the night. I'm sure I've seen a couple of places around.", Lucifer said, smiling at his wife and nudging her gently yet playfully to exit their warm booth and to enter the cold in their hunt to find lodging for the night.

As they walked, they passed by a clothing shop, Lucifer's mind wandering in the cold and thinking it must be best to get at least Thorne something to protect her from the cold. If anything, that fragile body would at least be a little bit affected by the cold, which she was as it really did look like she was freezing just now, and Lucifer had nothing he could give her to keep her warm, except for his shirt but that wouldn't help that much he figured. "Let's stop by here real quick. Let's get you something nice and warm, ok?", he said with light excitement, pulling her along into the store where he would allow her to buy whatever she wanted. If anything, Lucifer had enough coin and gold to buy most of the city by now, but he would only spend when necessary, like now, to keep the mother of his child safe from a chill.

Thorne whined, stirring sleepily as the man nudged her to her feet, smiling tiredly at her husband. “Don’t wanna. We could sleep here…”she muttered but letting the man get her to her feet, following him as she snuggled into his side as they walked, shivering a little. The only parts of her that was really warm was where she was pressed in close against him. Smiling sleepily, amused as he asked hher about clothes she nodded.”that would be nice.”She said yawning as she let him take her inside. Getting a heavy sweater and some gloves, looking cute all bundled up before they headed out again, looking warmer as they searched for a hotel.

By the time they actually found something, the woman looked asleep on her feet, looking up at her husband as he led her inside, blinking slowly, sleepily. “You still can sleep on the couch.”She muttered smiling sleepily, teasing mostly as she walked into their bedroom,”…feels like I should wake up enough to have sex, considering this will probably be the last free time we have alone while I’m pregnant…but I’m tired. And want held.”She muttered smiling up at him as she nudged off her boots, setting them aside climbing into the bed, snuggling down under the covers, still slightly chilled, seeking the warmth under the covers, for once, wanting to actually be at home in the wicked heat of hell, because she’d learned that demons, especially pregnant ones, didn’t do well with earth’s winters.

Chuckling at her cute and sleepy posture and words, "I don't think the humans of the establishment will let us.", he said kindly before they headed outside again.

They got some comfortable clothes to keep Thorne warm and cozy, she looked so cute and all bundled up in her new clothes. "That's better.", Lucifer said softly, smiling at his wife as they headed outside once more to find their lodgings still. They passed a bunch of christmas market stalls, some of them closing down for the day, some not, still selling their interesting goods in the snow.

Eventually they found a suitable hotel, quickly heading inside and ordering a nice and large suite for them both. Setting up their lodgings, they swiftly headed upstairs to one of the upper floors of the building, entering their bedroom not long after that. Lucifer chuckled at his wife's comment because he knew she was only teasing him about it. "If you really want me to, I can do it. But I don't see a couch anywhere near.", he mused, looking around in order to make a point. Wandering around, dimming and shutting off the lights they didn't need, all he wanted them to focus on was the lovely snow outside in a relaxing and warm environment of their own. "You have every right to be tired, and you should sleep, not have sex with silly old me.", he said in an amused fashion, quickly undressing from his shoes and other wet garments and took the liberty to snuggling up behind his bride in bed under the covers and snuggling her close, getting warm together with her.

Thorne smiled as she shifted, snuggling back against her husband, despite her teasing, just wanted to be with him as she fell asleep.

Nearly 4 months later the woman was still well, though prone to getting cold, even in hell, its queen was feeling a chill. Though that might be about her mother’s avoidance of thorne, then the actually temperature of the room. And the only reason the two women were about to be together, was because it was wrath’s birthday, and wrath had lost his temper so badly that both were afraid of pissing him off again. While thorne had striven to build a relationship with nyx, each time she had, nyx had rebuffed her, turning the child away. Even Lucien, who was angrily tolerated by the woman since he wouldn’t leave her alone, had not been convincing enough for nyx to be kind to thorne for.

Meanwhile, with each and every verbal knife her mother thrust between her ribs, thorne became even more disheartened, more prone to spending the day in lucifer’s office with him or in wrath’s study with her grandfather, or with Lucien as the man went on his daily walks then ever. She was seeking assurance that she was loved, that the ones she’d always depended on to love her, still wanted her. But her mother was breaking the queen’s spirit, and even if she couldn’t see it, with each moment that passed, the men who loved thorne, were that much closer to losing their hold on their deadly tempers more. While all three understood it was adjustment to being alive again, they also didn’t want the pregnant woman upset. Not when so much was already stressful for her.

Running her fingers through her hair as she brushed her hair, turning to look at her husband as he stepped into the room. Looking round and plump, the pregnant demoness looked even more beautiful then ever, though the strain of being unaccepted by her mother was also starting to show. “Is everything ready for the party? I got the present wrapped.”she said smiling as she walked over to Lucifer, looking pleased as she slipped on her low high heels, looking beautiful in a flatteringly blue dress, the cut making her look less pregnant than she was. “You look tired. Are you sure you want to have the party tonight?Grandfather would understand if you wanted to cancel.”She said gently tucking his hair behind his ears as she looked up at Lucifer.

Leaping forward in time for a bit, about four months in fact, Lucifer's wife's, Thorne's, pregnancy had gone well and mostly without a hitch. While she was still pregnant, it wouldn't be long now until she would bring a healthy baby to the world, the new heir to the Throne of hell if all goes alright. No traces of any assailant had been reported, no news from heaven either. It seemed to be at a stand still, either the culprit had withdrawn or was to be attacking at any moment. The looming silence of things happening around them was deeply ominous in itself, though Lucifer had grown accustomed to it now, dormant in waiting for the slightest inclination that it was time to trace and act against the threat.

Lucifer had just finished a rather event less moment of last minute preparations for his best friend Wrath, who was about to have another one of his legendary birthdays. Lucifer helped to set things up correctly with each year passing, so that his friend would never be disappointed, but the last year had been so shockingly eventful that nothing could really compare to the events that had happened over the course of the last year. But he hoped never the less that it would cause the stress to vent for a bit and to let the worried fly out the window before they boomeranged back, and let everyone have their more then very fair share of fun and merrymaking.

With a soft, expecting look he entered his wife's quarters, smiling at her as he stepped over. Letting his gaze shower over her once more, even when she looked disheartened still by the tormenting from her mother Nyx, she still had a gracious glow about her that he couldn't fully explain. She was carrying his child, and they loved each other, that is all that mattered for the most part according to him. "You're stunningly beautiful, you know that?", he said softly, meeting her as she slipped into her shoes for the evening. Nodding followed by a light 'Mhm', he acknowledged that he had gotten everything done in time and it was ready for Wrath's grand day again. "He's going to love it.", Lucifer said with a rather happy voice, no matter if he was tired, his wife could always squeeze some extra energy out of him by mere sight, for good or evil. He then laughed at her, to him, silly comment, "I'll live. Besides, I'm going to get your grand daddy smashed, and that's final.", he said with joy and a grin, looking forward to getting his friend smashed and ravaging some good feast food and delicious cake.

"Are you ready to go?", he asked, just to make sure that she hadn't forgotten anything. "Let's go, we can't be late.", he said with another sweet smile as he took her hand gently in his and made them slowly hurry off to the party in Wrath's honor.

Thorne smiled looking up at him, blushing slightly. “Well, not nearly as beautiful as you.”she said laughing quietly as she rubbed a hand over her stomach, the soft glow of pregnancy offsetting just how disheartened she was. The woman was beautiful, happy, and even though she was worried about her mother, she was happy, so very happy to see her stomach rounding out, glad that the pregnancy had gone so well, though the calm before the storm made her uneasy. Despite the quiet in both heaven and hell, she had a feeling that whoever was behind it, was waiting for the perfect moment. “That’s disturbing. I don’t want to know what you two are going to do when you get smashed.”She said rolling her eyes a little as she made a face, before nodding. “Let’s go then.”She said smiling as she took his hand and walked downstairs, looking around at the party already starting to rev up.

“You two are late for your own party, how dare you.”Wrath teased as he made his way through the crowd, amusement darkening his eyes as he looked at them both, pressing a kiss to thorne’s cheek even as he handed Lucifer a glass of beer, amusement showing in his eyes as he watched thorne cross the room to join belial, the two women having been conspiring for days to get wrath his gift. And refusing to give him any hint of what the two were giving him. “Nyx is here. Lucien’s running corral, but we need to do something. Not today. But soon.”Wrath muttered anger coating his words, truly angry with his daughter for daring to treat not only her daughter, but her queen like she was nothing. The man was truly close to losing his temper. But for the moment, he was going to set things aside, to enjoy his birthday. Grinning as he shook his head, he let things go for the moment as they started downing the beers, losing himself in the revelry.

Hours later wrath looked blearily at the two women arguing, trying to see what had alerted to him to something being wrong. “Luc.Luc!”He growled shoving at his best friend’s arm as he pushed up out of his chair, stumbling as the alcohol he’d consumed made the world tilt, made him stumble.

“Mother please…”Thorne whispered pain flitting across her face as she tried to speak to the woman in front of her, reaching out to rest a hand on her arm. Nyx swallowed hard, looking at her daughter, for the first time, truly looking at the young woman. “Thorne I-“Nyx said struggling for the words, already in motion as the woman collapsed, for a moment not seeing what was wrong before seeing the dark blood darkening Thorne’s soft blue dress, already her scimitars whipping up as she stood over her daughter, ready to defend as she looked for who had attacked them, her eyes searching for someone to help her, seeing the three drunken men stumbling towards them, eyes dark with anger and rage that someone had hurt thorne. Though she had been the one who had hurt thorne the most, the woman was still angry that someone had hurt her.

“Help me!”She demanded as Lucien got close to her, barely sparing the man a glance as he crouched down next to thorne pressing his hands to the wound at her side, though long, wasn’t deep, and only by chance at missed the child she carried. Now, only time would tell if Lucifer lost his queen and heir. Needing help to get her up, but also not knowing who was sober enough to shift the pregnant woman, eyes flicking up looking for someone.

“Come. We can move her. Lucifer, hold the wound, Wrath and nyx can stand guard.”Belial said as the demon lord pushed through the crowd pressing close to see what had happened, effectively hiding thorne’s attacker from them as she shifted her hands under thorne’s legs standing slowly with lucien’s help, the two easily carrying the limp queen of hell before pausing. Belial swallowed hard, looking down at the rapidly paling woman. “we need to get her to earth. I know she’ll be weaker Lucifer, but Gabriel cant heal her here, and she needs the best healer.”Belial said paling and scared for both Lucifer and wrath, not wanting to voice the fear that thorne wouldn’t survive. Determined to make sure thorne got the best healing available, which meant a archangel who’s reputation was legendary.

A soft smile passed back to his wife, Lucifer later laughed at her cute comment about the drunken escapes to be. Arriving, Lucifer's best friend, Wrath greeted the ruling couple with amusement. Grabbing the beer, Lucifer grinned at his friend, "Not precisely. We're fashionably late.", he said with playful confidence as he took a sip of the party brew. Thorne quikly scurried off to play a bit with Belial instead of partying with her dad of honor, she left that part for her husband to deal with. "Oh shut it, you fool. No time to think about that now. It's time to drink!", Lucifer exclaimed with a grin, patting his friend hard on the shoulder as he gulped some of the brew down his throat.

After a couple of hours later, Wrath and Luc had gotten a wee bit drunk, Lucifer having his body pushed roughly by his intoxicated friend in order to get himself to stand up. Lucifer growled, steadying himself on the non-drunk table they were sitting by. He unsteadily followed his more drunk friend, in order to protect and to help with whatever needed done. He looked to the women they were clearly heading towards, what's that... Thorne has been struck! Lucifer gasped, hurrying over as fast as he could, shoving people out of the way without even the simplest of mercy, panic radiating in his eyes.

He said nothing, quickly moving down to aid his queen, simply doing as what he was told by Lucien, no time to take stance on who should do what if there was a chance to save her. Lucifer frowned in sadness that they had to take his wife to earth, but he knew that she was right, she needed to get emergency healing from angels. Hell had no such healing powers, being a place of destruction rather then healing. With just a split moment's hesitation, "Let's take her to Earth. This is too grave to let it be a gamble in hell. We need Gabriel, and he can only go to Earth.", he gave his answer confidently, he knew it had to be done. He looked down with great sadness at his love, trying his best not to panic out of control and giving in to wanting to forcing the culprit of this terrible deed to reveal itself. "Let's move. Wrath, Nyx. Guard us.", he said demanding, as they began moving through the crowd, people separating out of their way so they could pass better. Before even leaving the house, Lucifer had already contacted Michael, requesting his and Gabriel's assistance in the matter, panic and anger seeping in the message.

It didn't take them long until they had made it all the way to Earth, Thorne growing increasingly pale by the minute and loosing a lot of blood both internally and externally. The anger and sadness pounding pain that was shearing through Lucifer's heart right now was burning up from inside. Growling silently, they waited for a moment outside in the snow covered park of Earth who held the gateway portal between the dimensions. They couldn't go up to heaven themselves; If Lucifer brought her up, even trying to enter he would be smitten down and Thorne would die. "Where are they!?", Lucifer growled, in his panic he was even looking up to the skies even though the men would likely not come from up but on the surface.

Wrath swallowed hard as they looked around earth, both him and nyx nearly choking on their rage at whoever had hurt thorne, though they knew their duty, knew that they had to guard her on earth and make sure that she was safe before they dealt with the traitor that had been close enough to touch, and had taken advantage of knowing that lucifer and wrath would drink themselves silly for his birthday. Guilt and rage made him feel sick as he looked at Lucifer.”There. They’re coming.”Wrath said turning his head as he felt more then saw the angels coming, their presence like a shining beacon to his sense, and glad that Lucien was still holding thorne, but him and belial balancing the woman on their legs between them to keep her off the ground.

The angel that appeared with Michael was as light and fair as the two brothers were dark. Gabriel was a blond so rare among humans and angels that his hair gleamed white under the soft moonlight, so pale white that it made the snow look off white, his eyes like shattered glass, green but broken around the pupils, making him look blind even if you knew he wasn’t. not even sparing a moment for the niceties of greeting Lucifer even if it had been centuries since he’d seen him, he moved to hell’s queen and crouched down, swallowing hard as his eyes glazed. “Michael, we need a hotel room.I can heal her enough to survive to be moved again.”he said the magic of his touch already healing the wound, stopping the bleeding, but the angel also knew there was greater concerns then the bleeding. Standing he looked at Lucien and belial, his eyes having seen to much, and the fact that thorne had been hurt at all meant something had gone terribly wrong in hell.

Wrath swallowed hard, “ Belial, I know you want to stay but…please, go back to hell.Take nyx, make sure that things don’t implode while we’re here.”Wrath said, the words angry and hard, booking no argument even as nyx opened her mouth to do so. “No. You did not care when she wasn’t dying. You will not do any good here. Go home. Do something there.”Wrath said, his voice intolerant of his daguther for the moment, worry for his granddaughter making him cruel, watching his lover and daughter disappear back into the gate, even as he hurried to catch up to the others as they made their way to the hotel Michael had called to get.

When they arrived Gabriel glared at all the men in the room, even as his hands gently ran over thorne’s stomach, jerking his head towards the door. “Everyone out, but Lucifer.”The angel of healing growled glaring at the three as they left before looking at Lucifer. “Sit behind her, hold her still. This baby’s coming now, and since she’s not conscious to help, its going to get ugly.”Gabriel growled, angry with whoever had dared do this to a woman big with child, but defenseless as long as she was pregnant.

Lucifer turned his head sharply, they had indeed arrived, not a moment too late. "Hurry dammit! We have no time to spare!", Lucifer snarled impatiently, his eyes gleaming with panic. He cared not for pleasantries, only effectiveness for their encounter, despite the centuries apart. Lucifer groaned silently again, more panic spreading in his eyes as Gabriel told Michael that the queen of hell had to be moved again. It was relieving to see the wound heal, even as to stop the bleeding. She wouldn't loose more blood, at least from her own power. He had no idea what was going to happen next however, something terrible to happen at this point in time.

"We'll move her wherever we have to!", Lucifer exclaimed in hopeful panic. Wrath snapped lightly at his daughter Nyx, Belial knowing his intentions clearly and of course not taking offense, but he was harsh against his daughter, but his words spoke the truth. Nyx had been a bad daughter, and a bad mother, very bad since she had regained her life, and it was time that she learned a bit how her family felt about it.

They carried the hell queen to the hotel Lucifer's brother Michael had set up in a haste, everyone was quick about it, the women having left under Wrath's supervision who was quickly back to help, support and guard the pack and their vulnerable, fading prize. The moment they all entered the room Gabriel sent everyone out again, all but Lucifer who paid utmost attention to Gabriel's words. He moved in accordance with his words and went and sat behind his wife, holding her up in a leaning position. He grew pale with the notion that their baby was coming now, of all fucking times it was coming now. "S-Sure, I'll do whatever you say. Please just help my wife and baby.", he pleaded pathetically, his voice filled with sadness and begging for help. He knew that Gabriel was already going to try that without having Lucifer tell him that, but he simply had to plead for their lives, as he couldn't do anything himself.

There was nothing for Lucifer to do but to follow Gabriel's orders and make the best of the situation, holding Thorne up as gently and good as he could, he was almost shaking with a mix of anger, overwhelming panic and sadness. There was a big chance that his wife would die from this. Delivering a baby in a situation like this would mean she lost even more blood, and he didn't know if she could take that right now, she had already lost so much. This would be a loosing battle, if Gabriel wasn't here. Now it was more like a modest chance that she could survive due to his powerful skills.

“I will.”Gabriel said smirking a little even as he started to work, morbidly amused at the man’s words that he was begging for their lives. He had never thought he’d see the day Lucifer cared enough to try and beg for someone. Even though he knew it was a chance, he was still going to do his best to save the woman who was so pale and still under his hands. Sliding the knife out of his boot he sliced the rest of her gown up, sparing a glance towards Lucifer,”I’m going to hurt her, but only to help.”he warned because he knew better then to do it without warning him, and because he knew there was only one chance to save mother and child as she was unconscious. Starting to do a emergency c-section the man cursed whoever their traitor was, and promised a painful death to them as he worked.

Nearly a half hour later Gabriel sighed softly as he sat back on his heels, pale and sweating, the small child in his bloody hands as he gently pulled the baby from thorne, the small boy child looking pale and dark as his father was, though Gabriel could tell nothing was wrong as the babe started to cry as soon as he got a lungful of hair. Wincing at the noise, though it was a good sign, the man was sensitive to loud noises, and nothing was louder then the current pissed off prince of hell, who could sense, even this young, that his mother was in trouble.

Setting the child on the bed, making sure he wasn’t going anywhere, he went back to work on saving thorne’s life, gently pouring power into her rapidly weakening body, though he knew he was quickly draining away his reserves he kept going, even if he knew he was risking hurting himself. He loved Michael like a brother, and he wouldn’t let this traitor steal someone from Lucifer, not when the death would kill a part of Michael. Sitting back as he felt the last of her injuries heal, swallowing hard, looking just as pale and tired as thorne,”She’ll live….she needs rest…but she’ll live.”Gabriel muttered sitting back, literally swaying on his feet from power loss as he struggled to focus, looking about ready to collapse himself. both thorne and Gabriel were drained to their limits, but with rest and time, they both would recover.

Lucifer nodded, whimpering as he forced himself to steel his mind and will for the coming moment. There was no way that the baby would be able to be delivered without cutting up his wife and delivering it that way. A cold sweat quickly chilled over the man, fear being the primal emotion for the moment as he held his wife still in his arms, panic and fear running through the man's eyes at Gabriel. "I-I know. But it must be done.", he said, affirming that he was as ready as he would be for the painful act that was to begin. As the knife cut into his wife's flesh, Lucifer was wide eyed staring, holding his wife still in his arms almost so hard that his skin would turn white. This was one of the last things on heaven, hell or earth that he wanted to happen, yet he couldn't do anything but simply sit there to prevent it from happening.

The following 30 minutes were excruciating for the lord of hell, his wife being cut up to get their baby out of her belly, sickeningly disturbing even as Gabriel had to dig his hands into her body to fetch the kid. Lucifer could almost feel that he was about to pass out, throw up and pass out again from the mere sight. Though he remained vigilant throughout the trial of his mind, finally it resulting in their offspring being born. A baby boy. Lucifer watched the boy with awe, a proudness never felt before. The scream from his son, the one that pained the ears of Gabriel so stubbornly, was like a magnificent chorus of angels to Lucifer. Never before had he heard something so wonderful as his own son's first screaming, except for when his wife had said the magic words, "I do.", to him. He gasped at the sight of his son, following him with his eyes, mouth gently open before he sharply looked at Thorne again, panic in his eyes over the fact that she hadn't been brought away from the brink of death just yet.

Tears ran down Lucifer's cheeks, and had been running since the cutting of his wife had started. With eyes of hope and worry, he looked to Gabriel as he spoke. "Are you certain!?", he blurted out in hopeful panic, wrapping his arms firmly around his wife and crying into her neck, his breath pained and straining. Raising his head again, Lucifer's eyes had welled up with tears, smiling brightly at Gabriel. "Thank you..! Thank you!", he said loudly, beaming with happiness and joy as he looked to his screaming son on the couch. Lucifer laid his wife down gently on pillows he had just wreaked away from the bed, seeing that she laid comfortable, leaning in to check her breathing. He moved himself away lightly, checking on her wounds, being as gentle as he could but could not find any wounds, he moved to his son. Gently staring at him before he leaned in, picking up his first son in his hands, cradling him and smiling stupidly as he still cried from happiness now rather then fear and panic, though his tears soon fading to just a gentle and loving smile. "My son...", he said weakly, his voice almost shaking, but very happy as a primary context. He slowly walked back over to where Thorne laid, sitting down next to her, smiling stupidly still. "Look. Our son. We have a son.", he said softly, knowing that she was still passed out, but still wanting to tell her that they had a new son, a healthy son to call their own. He wrapped their son in a small towel from the bed, one that had been there as a pleasantry for the residents.

Gabriel nodded swallowing hard at the panic in lucifer’s voice, blinking hard as he struggled to focus on the man in front of him, watching the world starting to blur together as he poured more pour into that weakened body to make sure she’d wake within a few hours instead of days. “You are…”He said blinking hard as he knelt on the edge of the bed, “Welcome…going to sleep now…next room if you need anything…”he muttered as he stumbled out of the room, and while lucifer was busy wrath and Michael made sure that the healing archangel got to a bed himself to rest and heal.

As Lucifer took care of both mother and son the child calmed, sensing that his mother was healing, that the woman he’d been born to wasn’t standing at death’s door anymore. And though thorne didn’t respond to lucifer’s words as he spoke, and she was still slightly pale and recovering, it was obvious she wasn’t passed out anymore, having shifted into a more natural sleep to heal as Gabriel had wanted her to.

Early the next morning Thorne stirred, blinking slowly turning her head to look at the two men sitting close together in the chairs by the window, both blond and dark heads bent towards the baby Lucifer was holding, both wrath and Lucifer looking fascinated with the small demon prince who was making cooing noises at his father before cooing louder at the knowledge that his mother was awake. While the bond would fade in intensity as time passed, for the moment mother and child were sharing a bond that would always make them aware of each other, which helped not only the child to stay calm and adjust to the world, but for thorne to be able to figure out when something was wrong or needed with her son. It was only then as she felt the low level awareness of her son filtering though at a instinctual level, that the woman was aware of just how cut off she had been with not being able to have that bond with her own mother, having had to rely on just her father and phedre. While they were loving and made sure that she had been well taken care of, it wasn’t the same as the blood bond that had tied thorne and nyx together.

“…I’m never going…to get any attention now…that he’s here…”Thorne swallowed hard, breathing slowly and steady, feeling worn out and tired despite the healing that had already happened. While Gabriel had given her everything to bring her back from the halls of death and claimed her soul as his own, tying it to his own life as he'd healed her body, anchoring it to her body even as she had died under his hands through sheer stubborn and uncompromising will, the toll that it had taken on both Gabriel and Thorne to do so, would leave them both exhausted for days.

Wrath nearly jumped out of his skin when she spoke before standing moving to sit on the bed next to her, looking down at her even as he gently touched her cheek, stroking her hair out of her face. “Its good to see you awake.”He said the relief in his voice obvious, and despite the shimmering anger under the words, directed at the traitor he had to stalk at home, he was so very relieved. “I wont…be for long…still tired.”Thorne said smiling sleepily at him, before swallowing hard.”But…want to see…my son.”She said smiling slightly.

"Mhmm.", Lucifer responded without actually taking notice of Gabriel's words, simply marveled by the miracle that had been performed and unable to take his eyes and mind off his son and his still alive wife. Lucifer did not sleep during the night, so very fascinated over his own baby boy that he had adrenaline for days on end to stare at the little marvel. Wrath had joined him well in the night as soon as Gabriel had been taken care of for his splendid performance.

In the morning, the two lords were sitting next to each other, Lucifer holding his son in his arms, poking at him and tickling him, so fascinated. His son reacted at the same time as he did when Thorne woke up. The lord of hell slowly got up, walking over to the newly made mother, "Morning trooper. Someone wants to say hi to you.", Lucifer spoke softly to his loving wife, smiling softly as he approached, carefully sitting down next to her. Wrath had flown up from his chair and spurted over already to care for his granddaughter. Lucifer was not as hasty, he had a son to transport as well.

Sitting down in queue with her command, Lucifer slowly handed over their son for her to hold. As she held him, looking at him, Lucifer smiled stupidly, again being able to focus on them both, he smiled stupidly, his eyes tearing up. "I'm so glad you're still here...", he voiced softly, leaning in to kiss his wife on her head. As he sat there, he studied both his wife and his son connecting in a way that he had never felt himself. He would never feel it as he hadn't given birth to the being himself, and he never felt it as he was created by god, not born from anything. It was his son anyway, it was a very special connection on its own and nothing would be able to kill that off.

Thorne smiled a little at Lucifer, looking amused that Lucifer had been so careful in moving the small babe and sat so gently next to her. Shifting to sit up she smiled a little as she looked down at the baby that grabbed fistfuls of her light blond hair, smiling up at his mother. Sighing softly as Lucifer kissed her head, resting her cheek against his as the mother and child bonded, and while it was something that would always be uniquely them, they’d also forged bonds of love, duty, and blood with Lucifer, forever tied together, forever apart of each other.

After a few minutes thorne smiled tiredly looking at her husband. “What do you want to name him?”She said looking curious. “We were waiting for you to decide, love.”Wrath said smiling at the two as he sat on the edge of the bed, while he wanted to give the small family privacy, he also was the devil’s assassin, and at the moment, his bodyguard. Unwilling to consider leaving them alone until Lucien had managed to flush out the traitor, even now, knowing that Lucien was tearing apart the underworld to find the man who’d hurt thorne.

“I think…Adrian.”She said smiling, looking up at her husband.”Adrian Lucifer…yes, it is a good name…what do you think?”She said offering him a small pleased smile, even as she shifted the baby back into his arms, starting to drift off to sleep even if she was trying to stay awake. Wanting more time with her husband and son now that she’d come so close to dying, but she was tired.

Lucifer smiled with glee at the question she gave him, although him and Wrath had already decided on that the deliverer of the child, mother Thorne would name him. It was her right after all, carrying, tending and laboring for the boy in her arms. "If it was up to me, I'd name him something silly, you know that.", Lucifer told her in a grinning fashion before he came to the join conclusion of the lordly men, "I believe it's your choice. You labored and carried the boy, it's only right you get to name him as well", he said softly with an added smile of acceptance, Wrath backing him up valiantly.

Pondering over the name for but a brief moment, running it again and again through his mind, the fallen angel smiled at his wife, "Adrian... That's an amazing name. I love it.", Lucifer reassured his wife and himself. It was a good name indeed, it rang like dark potent bells int he distance over one's tongue. Perfect for the family name. He helped her and picked up his son once more, so that she could rest from the still draining laboring that she needed to recover a lot more from.

"Go back to sleep, I'll be here if you need me.", Lucifer said, noting clearly how she was drifting back to sleep, he planted a kiss on her head and closed his eyes, taking in the moment for a second before gently rising up on his feet and off the bed. Once more he looked down on his son, smiling and slowly walking around the room. "I'm glad you're staying. I wouldn't feel comfortable if I was the only one guarding my family at the moment. Thank you.", he said softly, clearly speaking to Wrath even though his attention was on his son. He did however raise his head for a bit, looking at Wrath to see an eventual response.

"You know... I must say. I didn't think I would feel like this over becoming a father... I never did care much for settling down or even getting a child, you know that. But this is something special. I guess I wasn't able to grasp how it would feel until now. Now I know how you must have felt when you had Thorne with Nyx.", Lucifer said to his friend, smiling up quite peacefully at him.

“Yes, we cant have a son named angel…or something equally ridiculous. You’re right.”Thorne said smiling a little at his words, smiling pleased that he liked it. “Good.”She muttered returning to watching the child in her arms, pouting a little as Lucifer took him back, even though she was clearly falling asleep. Within moments of being freed from the burden of her content and sleepy son, the queen of hell was once again asleep.

“Well, good cause you weren’t getting any choice if I was staying or not.But you’re welcome.”Wrath said smiling a little though there was a deadly stillness under that teasing, a stillness that over the moments had made less and less appearance as the man settled into a good life. But under the veneer of a civilized man, there was the kinslayer, the assassin that made even archangels fear. He was so very cold, trembling on that edge of savagery to deal with traitor that they were still searching for.”You love your wife, there is only one thing more precious then having a woman love you as fiercely as she does, the love of a child. Even if I had tried to explain, you wouldn’t have understood until you held Adrian and saw him looking back up at you with his mother’s eyes and your features.”He said snickering a little because while the child looked more like Lucifer, he had thorne’s coloring, the white blond hair, the ice blue eyes.

“You should be happier that its me and not lucien here.he’s going a little insane over the idea of his first grandchild.”Wrath said after a moment, considering just how happy the man had to be, even if he was still searching for their traitor. And while they’d all forbidden nyx from coming to see mother and child, wrath knew there was only so long that they could keep them apart. And he was afraid of how thorne would respond to her mother’s sudden love and caring for her. Feeling a little disturbed himself at the change in nyx since nearly losing thorne, he knew it would only be worse for thorne.

Laughing softly Lucifer did, at his wife's words of agreement. Listening within moments later to his friends speech, he couldn't help but to agree and feel comfort in what he said. "Mhm.", he replied back in agreement with the words as he looked back down on his own son, feeling every word just said. Snickering at the thought of Lucien going crazy over a grandson, Lucifer couldn't help but to imagine the man begging in a crazed fashion to hold and look at his grandson, acting like a mad man he had a couple of months back while bedded.

Lucifer had no idea of the concerns Wrath had, or should one say he had almost no knowledge of it, since he was in the land of bliss for the moment, not a care in the world but his lovely wife and wonderful new son. His senses would return soon enough and force him to look at things from a perspective to help keep his family safe, but he couldn't help himself to be happy and engrossed in it for the moment.

Lucifer stood by the window, looking out for a chance as the sparkling snow reflected the lights from the city, the streets somewhat aglow with artificial lights. While beautiful, it was at the same time a most quiet and somewhat eerie aura encompassing their surroundings. "Who did I piss off enough to want for this child to not be born, for my wife to cease to exist and for me to be destroyed? It's always been Lucien that wanted to see me in agony, but not like that.", he said, staring out the window for a moment before returning his attention to his boy, poking and fiddling with his fingers just to mess with him. "I can't help but to think that once we catch the traitor, that it's not the end, you know? I can't shake the feeling that there's something else to all of this, and it's not good.", he said softly, exposing a couple of thoughts that had been lingering in his mind for quite some time now. "I can't believe I couldn't protect her, even in her own home.", he said, a sad frown as he looked out the window once more, despair and sadness welling up as he felt anger coupled with weakness tying itself to him. Shortly after he forced a bothered smile on his lips as he walked over to Wrath, "Does grand, grand daddy want to hold his grand, grand son?", he asked him, handing Adrian over to him as he had barely had any interaction with his grand, grand son since he was born, only a few moments here and there. Lucifer stood next to him, leaning back against a wall and looking up at the ceiling and sighing quietly before looking back at cute little Adrian in Wrath's arms. "That child is going to be terrifying.", he said with a light grin, the child inheriting the purest blood from the Rulers bloodline as well as the fearsome bloodlines of Wrath and Lust. There would likely be no more interesting or even powerful half angel, half demon being born for a long, long time ahead.

Wrath was quiet as he stood next to father and son, looking out at the wintery scene, sighing softly as he considered what the man was saying. Smiling slightly as Adrian made a whimpery whine as his father played with his toes, before sighing softly. “Lucien wanted to entertain himself, you being the target of his games just made it interesting. But this…no, not even Lucien would consider playing a game that’d cost him someone he loved.”Wrath muttered, because he knew how rare it was for Lucien to genuinely care for someone, that he never considered that it would be Lucien to be behind this. He knew there were few things Lucien would draw the line at, but killing thorne would be one of them, even to strike out at Lucifer.

“No, nothing’s good about this.”he said swallowing hard as he glanced at Lucifer, looking worried for his friend, worried about Lucifer would handle not being able to protect thorne in her own home. “You do realize that, whoever this traitor is, its going to hurt to find out?”He whispered, because to be at the party, to be able to approach the hell queen so openly, even if no one had seen them strike, meant that it was someone thorne had trusted at her back, trusted to not hurt her, and she’d nearly paid the price for that trust with her life. Even the thought of someone betraying them like that made icy fury slide through his veins. “Ohhh, look at that. Protective father’s finally giving in to the natural order of things, and letting me hold my great grandson.”Wrath said snickering, wanting to distract them both from their worry for the moment as he took Adrian, looking down at the child who stared up at him.

“He is. And well protected. We’ll take care of them luc, I promise.”He whispered, his voice soft, though the smile that twisted his lips was terrifying for its murderous promise, like blood being spilled under the moonlight. That smile was what made thorne sometimes worry about his sanity, terrify her at times to be with him, but it was also what made her trust her grandfather to help her protect those she held dear. “If I have to drown hell in a bloodbath, I wont let them be hurt again.”he whispered power whispering through the room, making his blond hair swirl slightly, making Adrian giggle as he responded to his great grandfather’s words, even not old enough to understand them, Adrian understood the intent, and the love that backed up the words.

"Indeed. The fool has more sense then that still.", he smirked silently for himself as he poked and played with his son. "Of course.", he muttered back, knowing what it is he pointed out. The only way for someone to have been able to get that close to Thorne, it would have been someone she trusted and allowed to be close, otherwise she would never have been taken by surprise like such. Lucifer knew this.

"Watch it, or I'm never going to let you hold your great grand son.", he murmured playfully as he handed him over. Lucifer snickered at his friend's response, "You crazy son of a bitch. Sounds good though, you got my permission to do it too. Hell will never run out of souls fortunately so you can do whatever you deem fit to protect them.", he added with a grin, since so many people sinned, their souls would forever be filling up the deposits of hell even if Wrath continued to empty them regularly. He was only half serious though, going on a rampage would make life much miserable for many of the higher lords fed on luxury and excessive consumptions.

As Adrian responded to Wrath's slight power surge, Lucifer couldn't help but to smile and attack him once again with tickles. "So young, and already quite capable of picking up the intents of others.", he said softly, a minor and happy sigh escaping him as well.

Once his son had been in Wrath's arms for a while, all seemed well and no panic had erupted yet, Lucifer's body began getting a bit sleepy since he no longer felt he had to be at a hundred percent alertness of his capacity. "Think I can take a nap for a while?", he asked his friend, who still looked so very much content in holding his great grand son in his arms.

“Hmm, you’re going to have to let me. Your wife might throw a fit if you don’t.”He teased a little, amused as he listened to the other, tilting his head slightly.”Hmm, good. I can always do well with a massacre.”he muttered because while he knew that it would be a bad idea to just kill them all, just because the other lords would have problems, he also would be willing to kill to make sure thorne and Adrian were safe. Grinning at Lucifer he smirked a little as he realized that Lucifer was tired. “Go. I’m fine, adrian’s fine, and thorne’s fine. We don’t need you right now. Just sleep.”he said waving the other man towards the bed to lay with throne as wrath and Adrian settled down to read as Adrian napped in the anger lord’s arms.

A week later Wrath raised his eyebrows as he walked into lucifer’s garden, looking around him in vague sick amusement as he realized that Lucien was indeed a good planner, seeing as he’d chosen the one place besides Lucifer and thorne’s private rooms that there would be no chance anyone would eavesdrop on them on them without someone knowing it. Stepping silently over the soft grass he smiled at father and son, amused that while thorne was still recovering and liable to take naps this late in the day, Lucifer and Adrian were having bonding time. “You know, you’re going to have to share him with his grandfather. I don’t think even whatever he needs to say will distract Lucien from wanting to visit with his grandson.”He teased a little as he eased down onto the ground next to Lucifer. While it was winter in the mortal world, here in hell, it was still summer warm and pleasant.

“It wont.”Lucien said as he walked into the garden moments after wrath, looking pale and shaken, with nyx walking beside him. The two having come to some sort of terms of engagement in figuring out their relationship, having called a cease fire in their on-going argument over what kind of relationship they had, in a need to find and punish the person who nearly killed their daughter and grandchild. And the horror of what they’d found had rocked Lucien to the foundations, shaken him badly.

“We know who nearly killed Thorne.”Lucien whispered quietly staring at the ground as he eased down next to Lucifer, reaching over to tweak adrian’s toes as the baby cooed happily, hands grabbing at his grandfather, making motions of wanting to play, sensing his grandfather needed a smile. But there was nothing that could shake Lucien out of his feelings, even his adorable grandson, and he didn’t want to be the one who told Lucifer, but he also knew that he was the only one that could.

Snickering lightly at his friend's playful commenting words, then he muttered a tired 'Weee' as he waved with his arms and walked over to the bed and laid down slowly. "Finally. I'm not needed...", he muttered as he quickly drifted off to the land of slumber, that which was ruled by The Sandman.

Lucifer sat down in the ever luscious garden of his, Adrian in his arms, still such a cute little funny bundle of joy to play with. Lucifer simply couldn't stop tickling and poking his son, but didn't do it just quite as much since the moment he had been born. "Guess it's inevitable. Can't harm to prolong it for a bit longer I would say.", Lucifer grinned back at his friend as he eased down next to the sitting man and child. Looking up to see Lucien walking in as well, a gentle smile on Lucifer's lips still, his happiness hard at work at eliminating any falsehood between them now.

It was easy to notice the sudden drop in general mood of the garden when the strange couple walked in and Lucifer's smile quickly rotted into a frown of deep anger at the nemesis' following words. "Tell me. Tell me now.", he demanded as he looked at the man, fearsome hope to find out the name of the person he would personally make wish that hell was only a saying and not something that actually existed. He would be delighted to show the traitor the true colors of hell, raw emotions and deep sins in all their glory as the person would be gruesomely tortured, at least as much in his mind, already having many interesting, entertaining and most of all creative ways to release anger and hurt that person just as much as possible for a long, long time. "What the hell are you waiting for? Tell me.", Lucifer growled kindly, a flare of contained yet dark anger wallowing behind his eyes as he stared at Lucien's very naked and frightened soul.

“Hm, it would be nice to prolong it.”Wrath said smiling a little as he leaned over, playing with adrian’s fingers as the baby gripped at his hand, looking up at Lucien. Wincing a little at the look on the man’s face, and lucifer’s words. Surely Lucifer could tell whatever Lucien had to say, was going to hurt.

“It’s…dante. My middle son.”Lucien said staring at the ground, shaken at the idea that anyone could turn on their siblings like that. More so because dante and thorne had been close when she was young, the only one that she’d seen more the Lucien in her isolation. It pained him to consider that his middle son had been so eaten up by jealousy and anger at his siblings that he’d turned on not only his sister, but his king and queen. And also tried to kill Lucien himself, along with Loki, his heir. Having discovered in the course of his investigation that a angel had damn near killed loki, and only the intervention of one of the other demon lords had kept the eldest child of lust from falling.

“Its how he got close to thorne…to Lucien, knew that he’d protect a young one he was training, knew that thorne wouldn’t see him as a threat to herself, or her son. Because he was family.”Nyx whispered looking pained and sick, looking at the small babe in lucifer’s arms. Despite having accepted her daughter, thorne hadn’t accepted her yet, and nyx hadn’t yet been brave enough to try and hold her grandson, even if she wanted to. She didn’t know what thorne’s reaction would be to the request, so she was patiently waiting for a sign.And even in this stressful moment, she just wanted to hold the innocent babe that had almost not been born.

A dark growl made it's way past Lucifer's grinding teeth. The man emitting a most deadly stare that would likely cause many that knew him stop in their tracks and reassess their situation as to not incur the anger that was seeping and bubbling on the inside of their great leader. A dark aura began quickly forming and welling up from inside of the lord's lord. It was something invisible, only an aura, but still powerful enough to begin making itself felt amongst his peers as terror incarnate. An aura of deadly intimidation and pressure swirling around him as he turned his expression into a calm, warm and wholly accepting smile. there was something about Lucifer right now, something that spelled out a creepy, terror filled form of presence, like a ghosted carnival with broken clowns, a haunted place where chills would run down your spine with every step taken.

Lucifer looked up at Lucien, "I think it's high time you hold your grandson.", he said sickeningly sweetly and handed Adrian over to him. Lucifer stood up, taller then before, his posture different as his threatening aura swallowed the garden. There was no turning back now, knowing who the culprit is, he was going to make life a living hell for the poor soul. Though he wouldn't willingly kill Dante because he was now technically family, but he was sure going to make things uncomfortable for him.

"So. Do you know where he is?", Lucifer asked kindly, a perfectly normal, but yet terrifying expression looming at Lucien and Nyx. Only the people closest to Lucifer would know the implication of this specific temper, perhaps not even fully as much, but at the very least understanding that this was a terrifying mood. With this mood Lucifer could take on the entire host of heaven and still intimidate and slaughter most of everyone, friend or foe, anyone who really got in his way to getting redemption before the mood was sated.

This is when Lucifer gets creative. While the lords of hell had their own attunement with a sin and a highly elemental power of their own to sing in harmony for their bloodline, Lucifer was not like one of the seven, as he was created before, flawed and imperfect. He had been brought to existence with a monstrous strength, but also as a prototype for any elemental infusing that god had experimented with. So Lucifer had a bit of every element to his disposal, while not close to any of the other seven, he had the power to combine and create with his powers rather then use pure power in the form of elements. For example, while Wrath had the power to bend heat energy to his will, all he was really doing was manipulating the movement of every atom in that material. Lucifer could not do that to any extent wrath could, but by the power of fire, wind and earth, Lucifer could combine the elements to create stable or unstable resonance vibrations in a object of his choice, either causing it to melt or explode from the instantaneous collision of atoms and tremendous heat build up or to shatter something into the tiniest of pieces. He could be as creative as he wanted really, blocking the movements of atoms with air and earth power, flash freezing something as he would make the atoms stop moving and thus not exercising heat energy anymore. There was so much more Lucifer could do. He could turn anything he wanted into plasma and basically be vaporized by mere experimentation of the same combinations to make things explode but in a slightly different approach. Normally since Lucifer didn't exercise his weaker abilities to any extent since the other lords all were more powerful then him with their strong ties to the elements already, naturally it was hard for him to control his weaker elemental prowess. But no matter, when he was as pissed as this, things had a way to bend to his will without much question, to simply just work out of sheer will. There was much creative things to do to Dante once Lucifer got to him, but not only in terms of power. Lucifer was an excellent torturer, at least when it came to the creative part, and especially now when things just became clear to him how to do it. Plans involving flaying, skinning, bone flaying and removal, limb torture, psyche torture al raced through his mind, so eager to let the smiting of god seem like a hot blowjob in comparison to what he was about to do.

Both lords shuddered a little, bright eyes fluttering shut as they responded to the anger, to the power in that moment. While wrath and Lucien both were in tune more with their own sins, with the powers that drove them to walk away from heaven, love for Lucifer had called them from the highest places of power heaven had to offer, summoned and branded as demon lords, they were all in tune with lucifer’s power and call. Every lord in hell would know within moments that something had changed, that the elemental they all followed was awake and pissed.

Lucien looked startled, even more so at Adrian's enraged cry at being disturbed even as he took Adrian from Lucifer. Settlign the baby in his arms it was obvious despite his past of avoiding family things, he was a man used to holding a child. “You’re being creepy. Stop it.”he demanded though there was more sick resignation to the words then true demanding. Nodding a little as he stood he looked sick still, “Loki has him under house arrest. As soon as I…I locked him in.”He said swallowing hard as they left for the house before stopping, looking at Lucifer. “I’ll go sit with thorne. We’ll keep Adrian safe.”The lust lord said before rushing off and going in search of his daughter. Needing the steadfast comfort of her presence.

“…I think that’s the first time I’ve ever seen Lucien turn tail and run away.”Wrath mused even as he walked with Lucifer towards lucien’s house, the thread of anger under the words, not even noticing when nyx silently left them alone, but he knew why Lucien had left. The man wasn’t a coward, but he was also a father. No father could stand to watch their child be tortured, no matter how much the child earned the punishment, no father would willingly watch their child’s blood be spilled.

Pausing as they entered the home he tilted his head towards Loki, who was as tall and blond as Lucien and thorne, as obviously their relative as dante wasn’t. As slender and dark haired as his mother phedre, dante was the only child that Lucien had that was actually his ex-wife’s, and he was as obviously an outcast among the siblings as anyone was. No wonder dante felt separated from them, though both loki and thorne had loved him dearly for all that they all were half siblings, thorne especially had loved the man who was barely 40 years older then her, a mere handful of years for a child who’d been kept in isolation, and alone. Growing up, dante had been her only friend besides loki, who was centuries older then them both, and far enough removed from them to not really be young enough to be close friends. Thorne was going to be devastated at the betrayal by the brother she’d loved so much.

“Lord Lucifer, Lord wrath.”dante said looking at the two men, a slight sneer on his face, though he understood he was in danger, he knew death would be the final result. Not understanding that his bond to thorne, would keep him alive for continued torture. And not understand yet, that the devil’s assassin, the kinslayer, the man who had spilled more demon blood then angel’s, he didn’t understand that Wrath wasn’t going to be his torturer. But Lucifer.

Back
Top Bottom