Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Other Little Things That Bother You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flies. They're less common this time of year, but they've been really bad this summer. Those flying little trolls, buzzing about the place, tracking filth on their shit-stained feet, and always moving juuuust in the nick of time to avoid getting splatted by a rolled up newspaper.

Busy days that leave me with zero time for the things that I like to do - AKA Wednesday. Sometimes, I just want to fuck off and screw all of my responsibility.

1352661404275_531242.png

One line PM's. Not just in introductions, but when you're in the process of attempting to set up a story, and see where the others head/thought process is at. It grates on my nerves, and I feel as if I'm trying to get blood from a stone.

Mr Quixotic said:
One line PM's. Not just in introductions, but when you're in the process of attempting to set up a story, and see where the others head/thought process is at. It grates on my nerves, and I feel as if I'm trying to get blood from a stone.
Ugh, YAS I feel you. Like, I don't know what to do with: 'Hi I'd like to RP with you.'

Or even worse is when you've been talking for a while and you send them an entire idea and their response is: 'Yep that's pretty cool.'
Yes, I know exactly how you feel.

When people have to air out all of their dirty laundry or constantly complain on Facebook. Seriously?! I don't care that you and your husband got into a fight or that nobody loves you and your ugly for the 100th time in one month. I have had so many friends post crap like that, it makes me wonder about my preference in friends.

Ariamella said:
Mr Quixotic said:
Ugh, YAS I feel you. Like, I don't know what to do with: 'Hi I'd like to RP with you.'

Or even worse is when you've been talking for a while and you send them an entire idea and their response is: 'Yep that's pretty cool.'
Yes, I know exactly how you feel.

Agreed, I've a brain that doesn't cope well with vagueness, or lack of information. I need to hear people express things in their own words. "I like your idea", doesn't do that for me.

The fact that our IT providers at work are attempting to talk us into utilising the Website Tracking capability of our modem, so they can provide weekly reports of site visits - when, where, and whom. It would severely curtail my roleplays on here. (I don't actually spend a lot of time posting during the day, but it allows me to read responses, and compose my reply subconsciously). Luckily, for the moment, I'm also the one who liaises with IT, and can hopefully delay it for a while. If not forever. XD

When people judge you for talking in "white girl" slang. If I'm not writing a fucking academic paper, I'm not going to force myself to talk like a Harvard professor. Slang is just another way of expressing one's self.

Warning: Crude comment about idiots and the female anatomy.

Okay. I get it. Not everybody is a master of biology, hell, there are people who have entirely no knowledge of the female body. However, it should not come as a shock to you that, a woman who is not a mutually pleased participant in any act of a sexual nature, is not suddenly going to start enjoying herself if you try harder. She will instead get quite irate with you, the kind that that involves pulling a knife out of her boot and gutting you if she ever has the chance to do so.

That's how 'forced sex' works, you ignoble twits. It's not a pleasant thing, whatsoever, for the victim, and being surprised that the victim would not enjoy it even on a physical level is somewhat shocking and mildly disturbing to me. Seriously, no. If you want to involve drugs, or magic, or something else that changes the equation around to something more physically pleasurable but still emotionally traumatic go ahead, but unless there is something else at play, rape is never pleasurable for the victim.

That is all. You may now go back to your ignorance if you please, but... Well... Stop being surprised that women are not sex objects. Really. Just. Woosh. Do better than this!

Protip: The clitoris exists. They're like doorbells for women.

o_O Well that came out of left field.

Anyway, I hate it when someone in the house cooks food that they know that you do not like when you are home. When I cook, if I am not the only one home, I always make sure to fix something that I know that everyone likes. It's just common courtesy.

Watching 5th season of Fringe:
How come loyalists to the invaders have a tattoo on their faces but some that don't aren't snatched up and put in jail as traitors? I mean, if given a choice to publicly express your love and loyalty to a dictatorship, doesn't it stand to reason that anybody without the tattoo is not loyal to the cause and thus... in their hearts, working with the resistance?

TruthOrDare said:

Okay. I get it. Not everybody is a master of biology, hell, there are people who have entirely no knowledge of the female body. However, it should not come as a shock to you that, a woman who is not a mutually pleased participant in any act of a sexual nature, is not suddenly going to start enjoying herself if you try harder. She will instead get quite irate with you, the kind that that involves pulling a knife out of her boot and gutting you if she ever has the chance to do so.

That's how 'forced sex' works, you ignoble twits. It's not a pleasant thing, whatsoever, for the victim, and being surprised that the victim would not enjoy it even on a physical level is somewhat shocking and mildly disturbing to me. Seriously, no. If you want to involve drugs, or magic, or something else that changes the equation around to something more physically pleasurable but still emotionally traumatic go ahead, but unless there is something else at play, rape is never pleasurable for the victim.

That is all. You may now go back to your ignorance if you please, but... Well... Stop being surprised that women are not sex objects. Really. Just. Woosh. Do better than this!

Actually there have been several reports where women have experienced orgasms while being raped. It doesn't mean they enjoyed it or asked for it but they do experience enough pleasure during the act to reach climax. It's why so many rape victims refuse to report it or feel so much shame and guilt about their assault; because if they orgasmed, they feel that equates to them enjoying it or it somehow not being rape, which of course is not the case. Just fyi, because your rant sounded a little ignorant.

Rudolph Quin said:
TruthOrDare said:

Actually there have been several reports where women have experienced orgasms while being raped. It doesn't mean they enjoyed it or asked for it but they do experience enough pleasure during the act to reach climax. It's why so many rape victims refuse to report it or feel so much shame and guilt about their assault; because if they orgasmed, they feel that equates to them enjoying it or it somehow not being rape, which of course is not the case. Just fyi, because your rant sounded a little ignorant.

Oh, no, I'm more talking about the idiots who think that the physical pleasure of the act will somehow circumvent the emotional trauma of it, and what not. I'm fully aware that biologically speaking, be it a mechanical device or a biological one, grind X against Y sensors long enough and the body responds accordingly regardless of emotions which are an entirely separate function of the brain.

It's more of an "I'm tired of trying to explain that sex is not always pleasurable" type of rant. Pleasure is an emotional state, or a verb. You can orgasm without any pleasure--boredom, or terror, or fury (ex: masturbation because you have nothing else to do, rape, and angry sex each respectively as examples) are completely possible states to be in, interchangeable states to pleasure. Pleasure is simply the most common because (thankfully) instances of rape are extremely low in comparison to consensual coitus. It's often why sex is referred to as a pleasurable act whereas rape is referred to as a traumatic act, it's referring to the emotional state of being, not the verb.

tl;dr: Sex is an action, pleasure is an emotion, the two are not the same, stop being surprised by this. :p

Isenhart De said:
o_O Well that came out of left field.

Anyway, I hate it when someone in the house cooks food that they know that you do not like when you are home. When I cook, if I am not the only one home, I always make sure to fix something that I know that everyone likes. It's just common courtesy.

I don't know, my philosophy on that is 'it's just food.' I don't expect people to make food for me anymore because I'm an adult and in college, and if they do, I'm thankful they thought of me in the first place. I don't sacrifice what I want to eat so I can please someone else, just as I wouldn't want someone to sacrifice what they want to eat so they can please me.

But as for what bothers me: I absolutely detest when I can hear people fucking on my floor. No, I'm not jealous, and no, you don't sound good. Your moaning sounds like a fucking dying cow.

Rudolph Quin said:
TruthOrDare said:

I did a little research and . . .

"Quite simply, our bodies respond to sex. And our bodies respond to fear. Our bodies respond. They do so uniquely and often entirely without our permission or intention. Orgasm during rape isn't an example of an expression of pleasure. It's an example of a physical response whether the mind's on board or not, like breathing, sweating, or an adrenaline rush. Therapists commonly use the analogy of tickling. While tickling can be pleasurable, when it is done against someone's wishes it can be very unpleasant experience. And during that unpleasant experience, amid calls to stop, the one being tickled will continue laughing. They just can't help it."
Read it all here

I don't think it would be pleasurable in the slightest.

Ariamella said:

Please do not quote me unless you're going to read what I said. I said exactly what was in your quote. There is a difference between stimulation and mental/emotional enjoyment. Duh.

Rudolph Quin said:
Ariamella said:

Please do not quote me unless you're going to read what I said. I said exactly what was in your quote. There is a difference between stimulation and mental/emotional enjoyment. Duh.

You said there was "enough pleasure during the act to reach climax," and I was pointing out that I didn't think there was an ounce of pleasure at all. I got confused by your wording, so I apologize.

Ariamella said:
Your moaning sounds like a fucking dying cow.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb-dYVEBtfM[/video]

Hmm... When you try to think of something to go back on-topic to a thread, but you can't think of anything because you're hungry, but dinner is still an hour away in the oven.

Gah. :(

Petty, silly. When I'm going to get the train and people can quite clearly see the train is due within seconds, the elevator is closing and last minute they press the button to open the elevator causing me to miss my train! Please, just wait for the next one.

Destiny...The new video game.

DelightfulRevenge said:
Destiny...The new video game.

I'll agree to that. It looks good and I would happily play i if I could, but I cannot. I'm sick of hearing about it, knowing that I do not have the necessary systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom