Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D One on One: Conflict for Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
All but one of the Lifeless fall to the ground and begin to dissolve. The remaining Large Lifeless moves to the other two, who then join with it. The resulting mass of black goo solidifies to a Huge form, towering over Rider and Altrain with four arms and four legs. Rider has her weapon switch back into a gun, and steps away as she shoots it. Two bullets pierce through the form, but one is absorbed. "And yours is? I've already died once." Rider replies.

Rider Damage: 24
Huge Lifeless: 131

XavierZeherisHarper said:
All but one of the Lifeless fall to the ground and begin to dissolve. The remaining Large Lifeless moves to the other two, who then join with it. The resulting mass of black goo solidifies to a Huge form, towering over Rider and Altrain with four arms and four legs. Rider has her weapon switch back into a gun, and steps away as she shoots it. Two bullets pierce through the form, but one is absorbed. "And yours is? I've already died once." Rider replies.

Rider Damage: 24
Huge Lifeless: 131
"Then don't die again! Doesn't your master need you?" He pressed as he slashed at the being.
(Crit-38, Crit- natural 20, 20)
40+40+7=87 damage, two 23 fortitude saves, vorpal
(yes, I'm serious)

The Lifeless gives a ground shaking moan, before falling onto the ground. A large thump echoes, and the Lifeless begins to dissolve. Rider turns to Altrain, a serious look in her eyes. "I will never abandon a comrade. Not after what happened the last time." There is pain, regret, and anger in her voice and eyes. "So don't ask such a thing again. See you tomorrow. Let's hope this works out for the best." Rider finishes, before leaping off the building, and landing next to a motorcycle. She gets on it, and silently rides off.

He grips his shoulder and looks upwards to the night sky. "What.. Should I do, Milady Syreth..?" He whispered to the the godess he once served, and looked at his nor quivering palms. He has never died... all of these Servants thusfar know that pain however. He didn't know what was coming next in his experience here- only that it had just begun. He found himself wandering the streets, not so much paying attention to where he was going, knowing his master was safe for the night.

About an hour later...
"It's not exactly safe, wandering the streets at night. Never know when someone might attack you out of the blue." Archer's voice calls out to Altrain. When Altrain looks at Archer, he sees Archer standing against a building, smoking a cigar. Archer is in civilian clothes, the same he was wearing at the meeting in the Mage's Guild. Archer's wearing a slight grin, and a gleam of excitement in his eye. "What you are doing out so late? Shouldn't you be watching your Mistress?"

"My Master is spending time with her non-magical friend, so she's safe, as the rules dictate... I had a sweep of Lifeless to take care of. Actually, I was hoping to run into you.." He started, facing him. "You interested in a deal? You said you wanted a rematch.."

"We're going to burst in on a meeting and kill casters master. The catch-we can't let Rider's master be harmed. Caster is playing dirty and basically has Rider under her thumb. The meeting is tomorrow... What do you say? Does it sound like fun?" He asked. "After that, we need to rendezvous and figure out the Rider team's plan. Then, if playing 'out of class Assassins' doesn't count as a rematch, we can fight right there. Sound good?"

(Charisma B active- also, diplomacy roll-32)

Archer raises an eyebrow, but nods. "It does sound interesting. And it doesn't exactly play fair if one Master's controlling another Master. Exactly how is Caster's Master controlling Rider's Master?" Archer asks, curiosity plain in his voice.

"From what I understand, Caster's Master has Rider's Master's Father.. She wants him safe above all else, but just rescuing him flat out may be tricky.. Unless you have a battle plan and already know where he may be hidden, I say we strike Caster's master. What do you suggest?"

Archer's face drops all showing of enjoyment and amusement. "I see. No, I don't know where Caster's Master is. And if I'd known this is what she'd get up to, I wouldn't have let Caster get away the time we fought. _That_ will be rectified." Anger is the only readable thing on Archer's face, and that is only in his eyes. Then he shakes himself. "So, what's your goal for this war?"

"Keep my master alive. Thusfar, I don't have a wish.. What's been done in my life is done.. there are tragedies I would have liked to avoid, but none the less, I cannot and will not change them. perhaps I'll wish for the fallen who had benevolent dreams to have theirs granted in place of my own."

Archer nods. "Don't really have a wish myself. I'll just enjoy the fighting. Been ages since I had a challenge in my world. It's also kinda nice, looking at what likely it was like in my world's history." Archer says, then takes a drag on the cigar. "Plus, they don't have certain things, like this, on my world."

"It's probably not good for your health," He noted. "At any rate, We're to follow rider Discretely tomorrow.. then strike when the time is right."

Archer nods. "Once upon a time, yeah. But this kinda stuff can't affect me anymore." He says. Archer then shrugs. "I'll be there tomorrow, unless something drastic happens to stop me."

Archer nods, a smirk covering his face. "Until then. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll get back to my smoking and naval gazing." He says, before taking another drag on the cigar. After a moment, he blew a smoke ring. It's deformed, but pretty good, for someone who's been smoking at most two days.

The next morning...

Reina calls Altrain. "Saber, are you alright?" She asks. Reina hadn't heard from him, and she was slightly worried. She was fairly certain he was alright, but... Altrain was her brother, even if from another dimension. She was going to worry, damn it! Altrain had probably forgotten that he had the cell, and that it was instant communications. She could only hope that he hadn't dropped it, or destroyed it...

He answered and smiled softly. "Yes, I'm alright. Rider and I went hunting Lifeless, we are both unharmed. I also learned of her Master's current predicament. We have an ally in Archer for this mission, but Caster and her Master have Rider's master's father hostage. I would like to eliminate the pair and set Team Rider free. Do you comply, Milady?"

Reina stills a moment. "That sounds good." She replies. "Where do you want me to be? I'm not exactly stealthy, but I should be nearby..." Reina didn't like the idea of Altrain fighting without her, particularly with another Servant. Command Seals, used properly, could changed the course of battle. She wanted to be there if she needed to use one. Plus, she was uncomfortable with the idea of him fighting without her. The last time she had seen her brother from this dimension had been when he ran off to fought alone. And he had died from it...

"Stay in decent range, but keep around as many people who are unaware of magic as possible. They can't attack you if you are with standard civilians.. It's a cold tactic, but it grants everyone safety. Besides... I have a few tricks up my sleeve myself."

"Alright, but be careful..." Reina says, before ending the call. She can only hope this goes well...

The school day goes on slowly, but eventually ends. Rider goes by, the briefest of nods at Altrain. If he wasn't looking for it, he'd miss it. Rider continued on, eventually getting onto a motorcycle and driving off, this time without a muffler.

(hide+run natural 20, spot 28, listen for Rider 19, survival 16, climb 29 (if needed), sense motive 18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom