Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D One on One: Conflict for Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saber almost smiles. "Have you MET archer yet? Damn that guys a handful.. So what you're saying is if I kill Caster, or her master, you'll join our cause? Sounds good.. Why don't we pay her a visit? But... do you know her rankings? I already told you my first phantasm, so I want to know what I have to watch out for.. if she has four phantasms, I doubt she'll be able to deal damage with them when fighting me... Quality over Quantity, you know? Maybe we could find Archer to help us..."

Rider nods. "Another hand would nice, some insurance to make sure my Master's father doesn't die, as for the others... I've fought Berserker with Caster, which was how I found out about Wraithguard. I haven't fought Archer, but I'll assume he was the man who asked you for a rematch?"

"I would guess so. That sounds like I could make a good deal that way-- help me and we can have our rematch." He smiled, almost calling it out in case Archer was around. "I assume Beserker was that man with the whip? He didn't seem like an assassin... Caster is a woman, and a whip doesn't really qualify for most classes..."

Rider nods. "He's tough. He's got holy magic, though it's been short-changed by being Berserker. He can only heal himself. But combine that with his raw strength, and the Phantasms... He's tough. I'm nearly certain that Caster couldn't win alone against him, since he's got such raw power. As for Caster's Ranks, she's a C in Luck, Strength, and Endurance, but A rank in Agility and S rank in Magical Power."

"So be careful of her magic... get in close, break her concentration... then lop of her head..." The Saber folded his arms in thought, saying the last part shockingly calm.

Rider nodded. "The issue is getting close. She's skilled, do not doubt that. And knowing that she's facing mostly warriors, she'll have planned for them to try to get close. I'd need the added speed from my Phantasm to reach her. And she has no hesitation in doing big spells. Some of the stuff she threw at Berserker... Anyway, this needs to go unknown by my Master. That way it can't be plucked out of her head by Caster or Caster's Master. They can't read mine, so I've taken it upon myself to do this. But if we do attack them, it's likely to be on their home turf. So... if you can get Archer's help, that would be great."

"He seems like he'd be around just about everywhere if his name was called... I dunno, it's hard to explain. Not in the Assassin way, but still.."

"Like, if you say mention him enough times, he'll show up?" Rider asked. It made for a slightly amusing thought. She was curious what he thought of Archer, since Rider hadn't fought him. But, from the stats glance, Archer had been balanced, except for his Phantasm. A natural S rank meant power, and she found herself glad that Archer hadn't been Berserker. Saber had apparently fought him once and had issues. And Saber could shrug off less than A rank attacks...

"Yeah." He smiled. "He's not a bad guy, in my opinion, but he has huge thing about challenges.. I think I sated his thirst, given I nearly killed him before he ran off... Hence his demand for a rematch." He explained and stretched a bit. "But yeah. So far, I seem to be the 'oldest' of the servants I've formerly met, and I feel it may be safe to assume I'm older than Beserker too, in just the timeline.. though I guess I have no way to be sure."

Rider shrugged. "No real way to be certain. And it doesn't really matter. To strategy. I will be called in for a discussion tomorrow. I'd like you to follow as best as you can. I don't know when, but it'll be after 5. I'll be at the Reia Memorial School until then. After that, we'll have to play it be ear. If you have any suggestions, let me know."

"Not really... Though I am curious... many of the heroes are supposed to have passed... But I feel inclined to ask-- Are you dead as well?"

"Hmph. Such a question to ask." There's a slight, sardonic grin on Rider's face. "Yes, I'm dead. But I lived a... good life. More exciting than I originally thought." She clenches her fist a moment, and seems to see another image for a moment. Rider shakes it off. "The wish is merely to change something later on. One of my few regrets."

"Sorry.. I figured you weren't of this time, so I wasn't sure.. Then again.. I'm not even of this realm, so..." He looked up and scratched his head. "Sorry... I guess this isn't my business..." He laughed a bit. "I'll try to to keep up with you for that meeting.. Though, if I get the chance to strike.. should I take it?"

Rider shakes her head. "The witch will likely kill my Master's father if her Servant dies. I'd prefer to get my Master's father out. Anything else is a bonus. If they're both attacked, then they won't be able to kill my Master's father immediately." Rider replies.

"Casters have no Independent Action... I can just go straight for the Master... She won't have the mana supply to attack, and will quickly fade away. At that point we can take her command seals if you so wish... or you could just let her pass. Your choice, as far as I'm concerned."

"Let her pass. I don't want to deal with the bitch anymore than I have to." Rider replies. She had not like what she'd been forced to do since her summoning. Rider didn't want her Master's death, or her Master's father's, on her hands. That was the only reason she gone through with the stealing, and the experiments, and... The last will stay suppressed.

"It would be best to-" Black flashes interrupt her, and black forms with purple highlights begin to fall through portals that formed. The Lifeless see to two, and immediately lunge towards them.

Roll Initiative.

Initiative Order
Rider
Altrain
Lifeless (Small, 7 total)
Lifeless (Large, 4 total)

Rider draws her gun from it's holster and fires at the smaller Lifeless. Only one shot of hers hits, but it blasts the head off, dropping the Lifeless and causing it to dissolve.

Altrain roars, almost like a mad beast as he charges his opponents with reckless abandon. (Basically making himself a human wall between the Lifeless and Rider.) He stops midway before openning his palm, and twisting his wrist-- With a bolt shooting straight into the nearest Large Lifeless's chest. (nat 20 crit, 24 damage total-Spring loaded gauntlet, from arms and equipment)

The large Lifeless grunts in pain from the bolt skewered into it's head. The remaining 6 small Lifeless swarm around Altrain, all attempting to attack him. But the four that do get through are stunned be it not having an affect on Altrain. The large Lifeless move, two (including the wounded one) moving to Altrain, while the other two go after Rider. Three of the large Lifeless miss, but the last hits Rider, also sapping a bit of her life energy, if the white stream means anything. Rider retaliates by having her weapon change into a blade, and proceeding to carve into the Large Lifeless with a trio of slashes.

Rider Damage: 24
Large Lifeless Damage (4 left): 24, 80
Small Lifeless Left: 6

"Bastards.... Get away from Rider!" He bellows as he spun his body with deadly speed, his vorpal blade whirling and sending heads flying in a bloody dance of macabre. "Get out of here Rider! This fight isn't worth your life!"

(Whirlwind attack-natural 20 with the vorpal sword. if they can live without their heads, they still have a 23 fort save to make or die instantly.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom