Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fortunate Mortal (dando20 and Frogger)

Sophia disappeared once she was fully clothed, no trace of her presence left behind. A nurse came not much later, telling Dane that he can go home.

A few minutes later and Dane was dressed up and ready to go. With whatever items he brought with him, he left the hospital, managing to catch a taxi to head to the impound lot to pick up his car.

The car itself was not busted so much, just one of the headlights and most of the bumper, which can be replaced, but not without some major money. He sighed as he drove home, already calling the manager about what happened and was lucky he was giving a bit of time off to recuperate.

After a few hours, he finally reached home. He parked at his apartment home and took a deep breath, walking up the stairs and seeing if she would be there...

Sophia was, indeed in his apartment, although it was obvious that she was agitated. For one thing, she kept pacing around his living room, muttering to herself under her breath. Blond curls were wild about her head. When he first walked in, the young goddess didn't even realize that he was there, so deep in her thoughts she was.

Dane sighed seeing that Sophia was here..but she seemed so very worried. "Sophia..I'm back..what's wrong?" Dane said with concern.

"There is...one thing..." Sophia admitted, still pacing about. For some reason, she couldn't keep herself still. "Father said I could stay here...under one condition..."

Dane was ecstatic that she can stay..but from her worried look, it must be some catch. "What condition?" Dane asked with worry.

Sophia started wringing her hands together. "Father said...if I relinquish my powers, and my position as goddess...then I can stay here, as a mortal..."

Dane was shocked...for Sophia to live without any power...to live as a mortal. Dane loved Sophia for all that she is, and her not being a goddess wouldn't change that...but...what about Sophia...Would she want to give up her powers?

"Well..what do you want?...I don't want to be selfish and choose for you, making you lose your godhood. Whatever you decide...I will support it.." Dane said genuinely.

"I knew you would say something like that..." Sophia said, offering him a wry smile. "However...I just don't know if I can handle living without my powers... What would I be, without them?"

"Well...you would still be Miss Sophia..a college professor...you still will have a mortal life..but..you would actually be a mortal. Tell me..when was the last time you used your goddess powers?" Dane asked.

Sophia let out a soft sigh. "Dane, I use my powers everyday...though not consciously. It is the knowledge I possess, the strategies I used to come up with during a war... I am the goddess of wisdom and war..."

"Oh..I see...and it is that knowledge you use to teach at college isn't it?" Dane asked

"I must assume so, Dane. I don't...use it consciously, but rather, it rises to the occasion whenever I need it." Sophia ran a hand through her golden curls, her lips in a deep frown. "I'm almost afraid...I will not know anything, if I do choose to become mortal..."

Dane went to Sophia and hugged her, comforting her. "I'm sure you won't be like a bimbo...but..I don't think you will be able to be a teacher.." Dane said, realizing that he might have to choose after all.

Sophia rested her head against his chest, arms wrapping around his waist. "I don't think I will be able to, either... Though I love being a teacher..." she murmured, eyes closing after a moment.

"Sigh..I..I can't you make give up what you truly are..even though I want to be with you..I..I think you have to go home, Sophia...I'm sorry" Dane said, petting his goddess's hair.

"Trust me..I really want to be with you...for you to be with me..but..I don't want you to lose what you are....but...I mean...if I want you to stay...I don't know how we can even support each other without a job as a teacher" Dane said.

Sophia thought for a long, long moment. "Dane... If I was to become mortal, I would be your friend, or your girlfriend...not your wife... There would be no reason to worry about me. If anything, you would have to worry about yourself. We wouldn't need to worry about supporting each other..."

Dane blushed at what Sophia said. "You...you would really be my girlfriend?" Dane asked.

Dane smiled and kissed her on the lips again. "Tell me..can you really live without your godhood?" Dane asked with some seriousness.

"Well...I would like to think so..." Dane said, smiling reassuringly at her. "I really like you, Sophia...and..honestly...I'll still like you whether you be a goddess or a mortal." Dane said kissing her on the lips for a minute.

Back
Top Bottom