Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not what it seems(blair/lady)

Jax frowned at the other man's words. "You can't stay there if they start treating you badly, Drayke," he murmured, "You are plenty qualified for other jobs..." Turning, he smiled hesitantly as his brother walked in. His heart started to beat a little fast when he realized Zane was going to act civil, or at least pretend last night never happened. "Morning," he murmured, "And I remembered how much you like pancakes. Wanted there to be enough for everyone..."

Kate smiled and took her plate, happy to see some fattening food in front of her. "Jax, it looks great," she murmured softly. Reaching under the table, she laid her hand on Zane's thigh, wanting him to stay calm. Her eyes glanced up at him. "What are you doing today?" she asked, taking a bit f her pancakes. She really didn't want to be left alone, and at the moment, she didn't even really want to go back to the mansion. Sometimes she wished that Zane would take her to town for the day. She just... wanted to feel normal for a little while.

Drayke raised a eyebrow."Zane'd not apperciate it if I deprived him of his cop on the nside.." "I don't care what you do.You always seemed to think I did."Zane said frowning a little looking thoughtful as he started to et before laughing."No, you just wanted me to be in a pleasant mood by feeding me....I...we're okay."he shrugged carelessly, as if he hadn't been reduced to tears the night before.

Drayke frowned slightly looking at the man,sensing something he wasn't saying,but not willing to push when he looked so calm. Zane sighed softly as kate touched his leg, closing his eyes briefly as he reched down moving her hand up a little, just to tease them both sighing quietly as her hand settled on his cock before tilting his head.'You're going to stay with Jax while I go home for a bit. Then, I'm taking you on vacation for a few days.I thin we could all use the time out of here, and father's been after me to go visit Dimitri in St. Petersburg, so we'll all take the plane and get out of here."He said like it wsn't unsual for him to run away from tense moments,but he needed to take care of kate, which meant getting her out of here till things cooled off.

Jax smiled a bit at Zane's words. "Ah, that sounds great, doesn't it?" he murmured, looking over to Drayke. "Tell me you can get some time off... If you can't, I'll stay here with you." Picking up his coffee, he took a sip and waited for an answer from his lover. There was no way he was going to leave him here alone to go on a vacation. Either Drayke went, or neither of them would.

Kate's eyes widened, and for a moment, she looked like a giddy little girl. "Really?!" she gasped, grinning. "A vacation?" She bounced in her sat a little, just think about the idea of getting away for a while. It would be nice, for once, to experience Zane and Zane only. Not Zane the mobster, but the man she desperately wanted to get to know... "Can I get some clothes to wear while we are there...? Nice clothes?" she asked innocently.

Drayke looked startled before smiling looking amused."No, I have some vacation coming up, and the chief's probably not going to want to see me for a few days. So I'll go."he said hesitating a moment, glancing at zane before leaning over and pressing a kiss to jax's lips before getting up to put his plate in the sink.

Zane smiled, looking relieved that she was fine with going."REally. And it's a working vacation,but we'll spend time out to."He said amused because he knew Dimitri would let them stay at his country house,and would allow them to have time without working. Dimitri was 30, young enough to know zane's relationship to his father, and understand, and in that understanding, they'd developed a friendship.Smiling at her words,"You can.Jax can take oyu out when I head home."

Jax grinned and kissed the man back before moving to help clean the table up. "Great," he murmured, so happy to have some time away everything for a few days. And of course, to be with Drayke without having to hide it. Looking over to his brother, he gave him a smile. It was nice to see him look so... concerned with making another human being happy. Because he truly believed that Kate could one day make him just as happy.

Kate beamed, and she couldn't help herself from leaning up to kiss him. Hard. "Thank you," she murmured against his lips. "You won't be there long, will you?" She was practically bouncing in her seat and the idea of a nice vacation. Being the daughter of very dedicated, borderline obsessive detective her whole life, she'd never even been on a vacation. "Is there water there? Should I get a bathing suit? Or is it cold? I've never been there before..." She frowned a bit, and Jax began to laugh in the background.

Drayke laughed at kate's excitement, amused to see Zane so eger to please her."You know, if you kee this up Zane, someone might believe your human after all."He tease his best friend smiling as he heard the happiness in zane's laughter.

"I promise, not long. I just want to stop in long enough to tell father I'm running away from home."He said smiling slightly sounding all of five years old with those words before snickering."I would not suggest trying to swim in october in russia. You'll freeze off important bits, and I like all those bits."He said a pervert smile turning his lips.

Jax smirked at Drayke's words, then led him into the living room for some privacy. Leaning over, he put his hands at the other man's waist and leaned in for a kiss. "We better get to packing, huh? Are you going to come with me to take Kate shopping? I'll have to get some stuff for my self, because there is not a chance in hell I'm going home to pack a bag. I don't even want to be around for whatever my father is doing, and I just know he will try to drag me into it."

Kate glared at him a bit. "Okay, okay. I'll need a coat then?" she murmured, moving over to sit in his lap. She leaned down to kiss his cheek, her hands on his muscular shoulders. It was an odd feeling to be spoiled in such a way, especially by him. She never really dream of such a thing... "Zane, does this mean we are together?" she whispered, her nose brushing against his. "I mean... Together. Not just because you own me or because of your father..."

Drayke smiled a little as he kissed the other back, thinking about it before smiling."well, I'll go shopping with you. Knowing Zane, he'll demand that we'll spend days outside and it'll be cold."He whined a little because he knew if zane didn't spend the day in bed, he was going to be out and exploring everything near the country house.

"Yes, you'll need a coat.And jeans.and sweaters."Zane said smiling as he wrapped his arms around her waist, sighing as he pulled her tighter against him, settling her tighter against him pressing his hardening cock up against her."Hmm well, we're in a room, together.So I guess."He said joking because he couldn't admit to dating, the idea drove him out of his mind, trying so hard to not to think about the one and only time he'd ever tried to date. Panic showing in his eyes even if he wasn't dumping her out of his lap and running away like he would have even a week ago

Jax laughed a bit and pulled the other tighter in his arms, leaning down to press a kiss to his shoulder. "Don't worry. I'll keep you warm," he murmured, smiling against Drayke's skin. Letting out a sigh, he straightened up. "I need to get a shower. Are you going to join me?" Walking into the master bedroom and into the large shower, he flicked on the water and began to remove his clothes, revealing those toned muscles and tattoos.

Kate pulled back and narrowed her eyes at him. "Zane!" she snapped, "You know what I meant..." She pouted at him, looking down at him with wide, grey eyes. She had never had a real boyfriend before, and she was absolutely sure this was what it was supposed to feel like. She cared about him, damn near close to love, and she knew he felt the same way... But why couldn't he just admit it? Why couldn't he just... say the words?

"Hmm I'll love you to keep me warm."he said grinning a little at the idea of being warmed, heading for the bathroom with him undressing as he wtched the other undress, blushing ever so slightly in amazement that he got to touch him."You know, I always forget you have tattoos to rival even zane's when you're dressed.Then you undress and...I just want to explore."He smiled running his hands over the other as he stepped into the shower with him.

Zane winced at her words, swallowing hard as he looked up at her."I did. And We're together.Here and now. Just stop there."He grumbled digging his heels in about it. The dark memory showing in his eyes, pain and blood, and a event that shaped him just as much as sorsen's death had. One that not evene jax or drayke had known had happened.

Jax grinned and stepped into the shower, leaning against the wall so that all of his body was exposed to the other man. "Well, you can explore as much as you want," he murmured, smirking a bit. Reaching over, he grabbed a shampoo bottle and began to wash his hair. With every move he made, his muscles rippled. "I got tattoos because they set me apart... They were something that was just for me. When I have my suit on, no one can see them... It's the only part of my life that is not on display for the fucking world to see."

Kate frowned, looking sad instead of frustrated. Nodding slowly, she slipped from his lap and picked their plates off the table. "Fine. I'll drop it," she mumbled, sounding a bit like a child. She's drop it all right; for now. But the look in his eyes made her even more curious than before. She wanted to know what made him so anxious about commitment... After a moment of washing the dishes in silent, she turned around and sighed. "Zane, baby, why don't you seem happy when I mention things like that?" she murmured, a little shocked at her own use of the term of endearment. It just... slipped. But it felt right.

Drayke smirekd looking at him, smiling as he sank to the knees, feeling the water pounding against his bck s he slid his mouth over wet skin, smirking up t him."Hmmm well then,I feel happy you're on display for me."He purred a little sliding his mouth down over him, sucking slowly and greedily like he couldn't get enough of the other's cock.

Zne sighed softly wtching her go, laughing softly."Mobster's don't date. Isn't it normal to freak out?"he said after a moment, confusion over the term of endearment showing in his face. He wasn't used to anyone but his mother being endearing to him, so this whole thing was making him anxious. sighing softly he smiled."I should get home so we cn get ready to go tonight."he said standing, trying hard to change the subject. Pausing as he pjlled on his boots he realized that he wanted to tell her. She made him want her to understand why he wasn't good for her, why she shouldn't love him.sighing to himself he turned to face her before looking down at the floor."you know how your fathers fued with mine started?because alexander lindstrom kiled your fathers partners daughter,and led to the mans suicide."zane shuddered once."at 17 I was young,and stupid enough to think my father wouldn't do anything purposefully to hurt me...I was wrong and I got my girkfriend killed because I made the mistake of wanting a different life."he said carelessly as if that wasn't the start of a emotional gutting that had ended the night sorsen died,leaving him incapable of connecting with anyone.slipping on his boots he smiled."ill see you this afternoon."he said heading for the door for all the world seeming to rjn away before she could form a response to him actually amsweing her question

Jax grinned and leaned against the shower, watching Drayke with lust in his eyes. "I'll always be on display for you," he purred, the moaned as he felt the other man's mouth on his cock. He swallowed hard, closing his eyes and enjoying the pleasure he was feeling. It was absolutely overwhelming... "Oh... so good," he groaned, reaching down to run his fingers through Drayke's hair. His breathing soon became quick and labored, and his grip tightened with in the other man's hair. Moving his hips forward, he came with a deep grunt. "Fuck," he moaned, leaning his head back against the shower wall as he caught his breath.

Kate frowned, but nodded. She's let it go for now. "Okay," she murmured, moving toward him. "You'll be careful, right?" Stepping forward, she wrapped her arms around his middle and pressed her face in his chest. She didn't want him to go back to the mansion where his father was, because there was always that chance he wouldn't come back. She didn't want to be alone or without him at all. The idea that she was attached to him was an understatement.

Drayke groaned softly as he swallowed, leaning back to look up at the other a small smile on his face."we probably should go.kates waiting for us."he said smiling s he stood,finishing his shower and getting dressed, ignoeing his own lust because he knew if they gave in they'd never get out of here in time to shop and get to russia today."come on,kid,time to go shopping."he teased

Zane smiled kissing her head."I will be. Now have fun shopping and ill ne back this afternoon."he mutteeed before pausing,chewing on his lip,realizing that he wanted to tell her everything,just so shed know just what kind of monster he was."we'll talk toniht. I promise."he muttered knowing he was going to regret it but still needing her to know. Heading out he winced as he walked into the mansion,smilkng slightlu as he found his father."good morning. Dimitri called this morning to ask for some hslp on a legal case and a few things.I'm flying out this afternoon."he said his voice saying he was leaving no matter what his father thought

Jax sighed and watched Drayke leave the shower, rinsing off and looking amused. "So you suck me cock, then call me a kid. How creepy," he teased, stepping out and drying off. He nodded and moved to the sink to shave, making his face nice and smooth for once before tugging on some jeans, a v-neck grey t-shirt, and a black peacoat. "Why is it I always get stuck shopping for Zane and his girl? I mean, seriously," he murmured, "The way he treats me, you'd think he already knew I was bi." He rolled his eyes and grabbed his keys off the table, then shoved is wallet in his back pocket.

Kate smiled a little as she watched him leave, interested about what he was willing to talk about tonight. If he wanted to actually talk to her, than it must be important... After checking herself in the mirror, realizing that her hair was in desperate need of a cut and she definitely missed her make up, she gave up and turned to the boys. "Ready?" she asked excitedly.

"Well you're younger then me.so yes you're a kid."drayke teased before snickering as he pulled on his jacket."no its not that he thought you were bi,its that he really really hates shopping."drayke smiled resigning hkmself to buying a lot of things, smiling at kate."we are.lets get going so we don't chance making his royal highness wait."he smkled as he made fun of his best friend even id he wasn't there.heading out the door,sorta looking forward to shopping

Alexander looked at his son, raising his eyebrows. He looked calm. Too calm. "Very well," he murmured, "Have a safe flight and tell Dimitri I said hello." He looked back down at his papers on the desk. Any other day, Alexander would question such a thing, but in reality, him leave the country for a few days would make his next move a lot easier. Having him, Jax, and Kate gone would help things go more smoothly, and the reveal would be that much more dramatic. Alexander loved dramatics... "I will need you to help out with some things this weekend, so I'd prefer you were back by Friday," he said, not looking up from his papers.

As they walked down the side walk of down town, Kate looked around at all the stores. Normally, she'd have to look around for the best deals, but she had a feeling that Zane could really care less about how much money she spent. "You think I could get a hair cut?" she asked, looking at the two men. "It would be so nice to get it all shaped up..." She bit her lip as she thought about all the things that she wanted to get to look presentable. It took a lot to look nice at Zane Lindstrom's side; a man so stylish and wealthy. She wanted to fit in... Jax smiled. "Sure, we can take you to a salon if you'd like," he murmured, amusement in his voice. Was Kate concerned about looking good for Zane now?

"Yes sir."Zane said tilting his head a little wondering why his father ws being so calm about this but deciding that he wouldn't question it when he needed to be away for a few days. "I'll see you later."He said before leaving. Packing his things he heded out.

"It would look nice.We'll surprise Zane.he'll like it."Drayke said amused that she was trying to look good, when he had a feeling that Zane could really care less bout shopping. The man could be so oblivious about some things.

When they got back that evening Zane pounced on them, hugging Kate tightly before stepping back to look her over."You feel okay?"he muttered looking her over, reassuring himself that she was okay. Glancing at the other two he smiled a little looking relieved."You cut your hair."He muttered looking her over, flicking his fingers through the style hair,gently running his fingers through his hair shuddering a little. "Ready to go?"He sked wanting nothing more to strip her down and have his way with her instead of having the tlk he promised or catching a plane.

2012-Hayden-Panettiere-bob-haircut-4.jpg

Kate took a step back, running a hand through her hair and looking a little self-conscious. "You like it?" she asked, tilting her head to the side with a soft smile. She decided to get it cut short because it made her look a tad older and more sophisticated; it made her looked like she belonged at the side of Zane... "I also got a new coat, and a couple shirts, and some jeans..." she rambled, "Oh, and these." She showed him her nude high heels with a grin. "And some make up... I've missed makeup."

Jax walked into the room, pulling his suit case behind him. He already had his coat and scarf on. "Did you call for the limo?" he asked, "Our flight leaves in thirty minutes, and I don't want to miss it..."

"I do. It looks lovely."He muttered pulling her closer for a kiss, wrapping a arm around her waist as he held her against him, before glncing over at Jax as he buried his face against kate's hair, amused at her rambling."Of course I called dthe limo. And it's dimiti's jet, its not like its going to leave without us."He said grinning as they headed downstairs.

Drayke rolled his eyes as he climbed into the limo,hesitating only for a moment before pulling jax snug against him, pressing a kiss to his hair."I'm so looking forward to not having to work. I have a feeling it wont be pleasant there until they figure out how to arrest zane again." "Never happening. I don't get arrested, I get others arrested."Zane yawned resting his cheek against kate's hair as he looked out the window.

Kate crawled into the limo beside Zane and across from the other two men, resting her hand on his thigh and her head on his shoulder. She was smiling happily, so thrilled that he seemed to like her hair cut and everything. She had been so worried about it since they left the salon. "We are taking a private jet?" she asked, a little startled. She'd never even been on a plane, let alone a private jet... Her stomach hurt at the thought.

Jax grinned and wrapped an arm around Drayke. "Well, it will be nice to run away from our problems for a few days," he murmured, rubbing Drayke's back affectionately. Looking over at Zane, he raised his eyebrows. "What did dad say when you told him you were heading to Russia?"

Zane smiled pressing a absent kiss to kate's hair, his silent laughter at her reaction having his shoulders shake."oh yes.I don't travel in commercial, and the man in question is actually states side heading home.seems we ran into trouble just at the perfect moment."He said smiling before concern showed in his face for a moment."That I had to be back on friday, seems he has some business he wants me to take care of then.But he seemed okay wiwht me leaving."He said shrugging little.

"And that can never be a good thing."Drayke said frowning a little.

Kate rolled her eyes a little. "Of course, you don't," she murmured, humor in her voice. Jax sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Not good at all. It mean he's distracted by other plans, and those plans can't be pleasant... I'm sure we will come home to warmer version of hell on Friday."

The limo pulled up to the area where they were to board the jet, and as they started to get on it, Kate looked very nervous. She bit her lip and held on to Zane's hand as tight as possible, settling in the comfortable seat next to him while Jax led Drayke to a seat farther in the back. The lights were dim on the plane, and a man came by with a bottle of wine and two glasses. She took the glass immediately, hoping it would calm her nerves. "So you wanted to talk?" she murmured, showing him that she has not forgotten what he had said earlier.

Drayke sighed softly settling into his seat, amused as he glimpsed the russian mobster in the bedroom in the back. Well, considering it was nearly 3 am in moscow he figured it was apporiate the man was sleeping. Gently shutting the door he looked at jax holding him close."Well, just think about it this way, we could always run away to moscow if he's gone completely insne when we get home."

Zane smiled softly as he stretched out on the plump couch, pulling her against him as he sipped his own glass of wine. And while he had been the one to offer to talk, to tell her why he didn't like commitment...he...well he wasn't wanting to now. but he'd promised. Pressing a kiss to her hair he sighed softly."You sked me why I don't....like this."He muttered gesturing to them."It's not....When I was 17, I was young and stupid enough to think my father wouldn't purposefully hurt me."He muttered going quiet for awhile, and as they flew towards moscow he let the silence stretch before forcing himself to start again. "My father disliked that I was dating a cop's daughter, I went to school with her. It was just sara, not a cop's daughter."he muttered stsarting to shudder a little.

Closing his eyes he thought about the night he'd told his father that he was wa;lmg away. That he wanted a life outside of the mob. And his father had turned on him so fast and viciously that he'd been down on the floor before he'd realized his father had hit him. Shuddering harder he thought about the night that had followed, the forced gang rape, of not only having to watch, but to participate. "He killed her so I had no reason to walk away...after that, I had no interest in dating."He said softly.

Jax smiled a little and nodded, sitting down and pulling Drayke down with him. Laughing, he shook his head and looked at his lover with amusement. "Oh, you would run away with me?" he murmured, leaning in to kiss him softly on his lips. "We could never run away... He's always find us. The day we'd be free from my father's power is the day he is dead." Looking up at one of Dimitri's maids, he asked for two scotches. "And with our luck, he'd live to be 200."

Kate listened to him as he spoke, a look of deep sadness spreading across her face. Her heart ached for him, mainly because he confirmed her suspicion; that he had been hurt by his father more than any other person. That he may live the luxurious life of a son of a mob boss, but it came with a price. A hefty price. "Zane..." she whispered, setting her wine glass down and crawling into his lap. Her hands went up to gently caress his cheeks. "I'm so sorry... I really... I never thought he'd do something that vile to you." She swallowed hard. "So... that's why you don't want to have more with me? More than sex, I mean?"

Back
Top Bottom