Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not what it seems(blair/lady)

Jax scoffed on the other line, rolling his eyes. "Sure, whatever," he murmured, "You looked really pissed off when you were curled around her in the bed like that..." As much as it sounded like Jax was joking, he wasn't. And while he knew he could bring up how he saw his brother cry for a split second, he couldn't do it. He knew his brother would hate him for that. "Um, yea, sure... I'll come stay with her," he agreed, looking at his watch. "In a couple hours. I have plans for breakfast." He smiled at that, looking into the kitchen where Drayke was cooking.

Kate's mouth had nearly made it to his cock when she heard him say he never dated, then called her a slave. She didn't look angry, for it was not something she was that surprised about. However, it hurt more than she could have ever anticipated. It was then that she realized how hard she was falling for him, even if she shouldn't. She wanted to be with him, and she wanted him to love her back... But that was impossible. She would always be his slave... Biting her lip, she looked up at him with sadness in her eyes. Not for just what he said, but her life in general. What kind of life was this? Standing up, she moved away from Zane, walking toward the bathroom and shutting the door. She turned the lock on it so he couldn't get in, then sat on the floor with her back against the door.

Zane frowned wrinkling his nose a little as he absently stroked Kate's hair, starting a little when she moved away from him, glancing over at her in confusion, watching her go he sighed a little, "You'd be pissed to if you had your roms and bed used like that."He growled annoyed as he shook his head, to amused to wonder what jax was doing for breakfast, trying to figure out what kate was doing."I'll see you when you get here."He said before hanging up and getting up, knocking on the door he sighed."Kate?"he asked, sounding confused as he rested his head against the door.

it wasn't that he wasn't falling in love for her, it was that zane when feelings were concerned, couldn't express himself well, or understand how a careless word could hurt someone so badly. "Jax's is going to come sit with you while I go take care of the guards....Can I come in?"He said sounding slightly anxious as he twisted the knob, trying to get in, and finding it locked. Trying to understand what he'd done wrong, and why it was upsetting himself so much, he growled in anger and frustration, because he didn't do well with not knowing what was going on, and Kate was leaving him reeling in confusion.

Kate sat on the other side of the door, arms crossed over her chest and angry tears in her eyes. She was angry with him, but mostly angry with herself; angry at herself for being so ridiculously stupid. Why did sh think that anything good could come from all of this? "No, you can't!" she snapped, wiping her eyes. Tears were in her voice. "Why even bother having Jax stay with me? I'm not what you care about. I'm just a slave... It's your rooms and bed that you are worried about, right? Why don't you just have Jax stay with your room and lock me up in the fucking cell hall with the rest of the whores? Because that's all I am -Just your whore!" She sniffed and leaned her head against the door.

Jax hung up and walked back into the kitchen, moving behind Drayke and wrapping his arms around his waist. He rest his chin on Drayke's shoulder. "Mmm, smells good..." he murmured, turning his head to kiss the other's neck. His teeth gently nipped at it as he talked. "I have to go home in a couple hours to stay with Kate while Zane works," he said, rolling his eyes a little. "He's in absolute and total denial when it comes to his feelings. You know how many times I have had to babysit one of his girls? Never. Not once. If he didn't trust them to be alone, they stayed in the cell hall. He may have had the only key to her cell, because he hates to share, but she sure as hell did not get to lounge around in his room with protection."

Zane frowned at the door trying to figure out what to think before snarling wordlessly."fine. Stay in there. I'm going to get some work done."he grumbled his mood sour as he gathered his books and moved s far as the window seat to work.despite being angry he wasn't about to leave her alone,even if she was angryy akth him. Wondering if shed stay in there till jax got there he gave a agrivated sigh.

Drayke snickered a little moaning softly as he leaned back into the other. "Zane has always been very good at denying things,but whatever hes got plannex is going to mKe it very obvious he cares,in a twisted demented kind of way."drayke sihed wondering what kate would think when she saw how xompletely ruthless he coils be but shrugged it off for the moment.he didn't need to go burrowing worries when he already had enough

Kate stayed quiet on the other side of the door, having no intention of coming out. The tone of his voice proved her right; he did not care about her. Not at all. Sighing, she stood up and walked across the large bathroom, looking at herself in the mirror. She was still wearing a pair of his sweatpants and tshirt... She looked skinnier, but glowing from all of the sex that they had been having... Biting her lip, she glanced at the window, then over to one of his razor blades her shaved with... Feeling defiant, impulsive, and pissed off, she grabbed the sharp blade and headed over to the window, quietly opening it. They were a few stories up, but there were plenty of places on the roof to jump to. It wouldn't be hard to escape... So that's what she did. She climbed out the bathroom window with the intent of getting away from a man that she knew was bad for her, and most importantly, would never return her blossoming love...

Jax sighed. "I know, I know," he murmured, continuing to kiss the other's neck. "I promise that I'll be back in time for us to go out tonight... If you want." He smiled then sat down at the table to eat his breakfast, then quickly grabbed his keys and headed off. Once at the mansion, Jax entered Zane's room and raised his eyebrows. "Hey," he murmured, flopping down on his brother's bed. After a moment, he realized something was missing. "Where's Kate?"

Zane jerked his head in the direction of the bathroom,not bothering to lokk up, the man practically radiating anger and confusion. He had thought he'd sounded teasing when he called kate his slave,he hadn't realjzed how serous he'd sounded serious."shes angey with me and locked herself in the bathroom"he said as if it was normal for him to put up with such rebellion from his girl.he really was treating her like a girlfriend insyead of a slave

Jax looked startled, glancing up at his brother, then let out a laugh. He looked outright amused, being to little brother he always had been. Jumping to his feet, he shook his head. "Fuck, Zane," Jax murmured, "That girl knows how to play you like a violin. It would be embarrassing if it weren't so damn funny." Walking up to the bathroom, he knocked. "Kate? It's Jax. Come on out... We can watch a movie or play cards or something..." He waited a moment, his eyebrows furrowing at the silence. "Kate? Come on. I personally apologize for whatever my brother said..." More silence. "Kate?" His head whipped around to look at Zane. "I... She's either really good at the silent treatment, or she's not in there."

Kate finally managed to get to the ground. It felt weird to be outside, for Zane hadn't taken her out much in the few months she's been there. Her eyes squinted in the sunlight and she held the blade firmly in her hand and down by her side. There were guards everywhere, but she was well hidden. If she could just take one out, she could run through that exit and get to the bus stop a mile down the road...

Zane frowned staring at the man laughing at him, sulking. Glancing up over the edge of his book like he wasn't interested in seeing if kate answered him, he watched beore paling a little."Fuck.Kate, open the fucking door."Zane snarled as he slid out of his seat, and rossing the room. Glaring down at the door knob he snarled as he gave it a sharp twist of his wrist and pushed it open. Glaring around the room like it was the world's worst insult to be in there, he growled."Fucking hell."He snarled before glaring at jax, as if it was his fault he hadnt been ware she was gone as he headed for the door. It was one thing for him to consider her in danger,but now that she was potentinally in trouble, he didn't like it.

Walking downstairs he looked around the backyard under his windows as if he didn't have a care in the world, but one glance at how he held himself, spoke of caged violence and a willingness to spill blood to vent his temper.

And all that temper, was hiding so much fear

Kate dashed around the east side of the house, knowing from her few outings with Zane that it led to the quickest route to a bus stop and payphone. However, she noticed a guard standing by the gates when she approached it. Her nerves made her hands shake, but she managed to get a good grip on the blade. Sneaking up behind the guard, she quickly stabbed him in the back left side of his torso, making him double over in pain as she slipped through the gate and ran like hell down the side walk toward town. She wasn't much of a runner, but her fear was carrying her faster than he ever thought imaginable. People stared at her like she was crazy, but she didn't care. She sprinted toward a gas station, begged to use the phone, and called her father. When he answer, she was panting heavily. "Daddy? Daddy, hurry. I'm on the corner of Green and Second St. Please come get me..." she begged, and he immediately (along with five other cops) sped off to her location.

Sadly, right before her father turned the corner, the guard she had stabbed caught up to her. Before anyone could see, he knocked her out with the handle of his gun, picked her up, and took her back to the mansion. He laid her on the desk of Alexander Lindtrom just as sirens could be heard surrounding the family's mansion. Guns were drawn, police were invading the house, and Alexander had a sadistic smirk on his face. He looked down at the girl on the desk and sighed. "Let our men loose. Destroy them. Let Detective Abernathy live... I want him to witness my next move," he murmured to the guard. "Take her to the cell hall and lock the bitch up. As soon as the situation downstairs is resolved, I want the oldest Abernathy child... The son." His tone of voice was calm, as if gunfire and sirens could not be heard just down stairs and all around them.

Zne snarled in rage as he answered his phone, growling at Dryke as he walked heading downstairs. He was going to take of whatever mess is father seemed to be intent on making. Arming himself, he didn't even wait up for jax to catch up before he walked down the stairs, ignoring the firing guns."Enough!"He yelled t the guards, raising a hand to order them to stand down before he turned his attention to his best friend and the police chief."Officer Abernathy, how can I assit you today?Surely I have done nothing to warrant a morning wake up call like this. You have wasted your men's lives, here and now. This hadn't needed to be a slaughter"He sid looking calm even with anger flashing through his eyes at the sight of the four dead cops, because he was anxious to go find kate, worried something had happened to her, or even worse, her father had indeed managed to get her out. More then the idea that his father had killed the cops, the idea of not being able to aplogize for whatever transgression kate was angry with him about scared him.

Jax rushed down the stairs after his brother, a loaded gun in his hand as well. When he brother fought to break it up, he stood at his side in defense. Chief Abernathy glared at the Lindstrom boys', not surprised that Alexander decided to sit this one out. It took a lot to get the Mob Boss to get his hands dirty, and a handful of cops was not going to do that. "My daughter called me from a Seven Eleven two blocks from here begging for me to come get her. Once my men and I got to the sight, she was gone and an eyewitness claims that one of your men was seen carrying her back here. I want my daughter, not your bullshit, but while I'm at it..." He pulled his badge out, and grabbed a pair of handcuffs. "You're under arrest."

Jax's eyebrows shot up. "No! No, this is absurd. Under what charges? You said your daughter called from a gas station a few blocks away and she was not even seen with Zane..."

Abernathy shook his head. "For kidnapping, of course. And that's just the beginning... I could start naming down the illegal actions of your brother, but I don't have all damn day."

Two cops came over to flank Zane with handcuffs, and Abernathy drew his gun. "Drop your fucking gun, Lindstrom, and put your hands behind your back. I'm taking you in."

Zane frowned his eyes angry and panic edging into them even as he swallowed."She's angry with me. Of course she is making up things to get me in trouble. the kidnapping charge one stick,chief, you know it wont."He growled so very annoyed but not knowing how to back out without pulling them down in bloody flames, he held out his hands wincing a little as the cool metal handcuffs snapped closed around his wrists.Even as anger shone in his eyes, the was a cold calcuting ruthlessness there to, a desire to pay back the guards for kate's rape, and the man was sadistic enough to see the options of getting arrested, and working in his favor.

Looking at jax he swallowed."Take drayke with you, and tell father."he said nodding towards the dark haired cop hovering over them."At least I'm not shot this time, eh?"he snickered a little as he let the cops lead him outside wondering just what would happen, and hoping jax and drayke had understood his command to find kate, before their father did.

Jax swallowed hard, but nodded. He looked a bit like a child again at the sight of seeing his older brother being taken away in handcuffs. "I promise," he murmured, "I get it taken care of." His eyes moved toward Drayke, whom he assumed was called in by Abernathy after he left his apartment, and nodded for him to follow him back up stairs as the remaining cops left with Zane in tow. "Drayke," he whispered, his voice strong, yet panicked. Making sure no one was near, he wrapped his arms around the other. Not only had his brother been taken away in handcuffs, but his lover was in the middle of the gunfire. He had been scared to death that Drayke had been shot... "We have to find Kate," he finally said, "That's all Zane wants. He can take care of himself at the police station. He's a lawyer after all... But my father can't get his hands on Kate." Looking toward the stairs, he nodded. "I bet her locked her away in the back of the cell hall. I have a sneaking suspicion that he's going to think long and hard about how he's going to deal with her before he does something..."

Drayke closed his eyes anger and pnic showing in his eyes before he got ahold o of himsel, wrapping his arms around him, bowing his head a little closing his eyes as eh shuddered."I'm fne, promise."He muttered pressing a kiss to the other's neck, knowing part of what had scared him, even if his arm had a bloody line from where he'd been grazed in the gunfire.It wasn't a deep cut, more of a nuisance then anything else. "well, we'll take care of kate for him.The poor not emotionally involved man."he said snickering little at zane's denial, even as worry shown in his eyes, heading for the cell hall to bust kate out before alexander decided what he wanted to do.

Jax frowned at the blood dripping from Drayke's arm, but bit his tongue and didn't fuss. He knew it was useless at the moment... Jogging up to the cell hall, he punched in the code and ran inside, down the long hall of caged, naked women. Just like everyday, the large warhouse-sized room smelled of sex, and heavy panting could be heard. It was no mystery that most of the girls looked to relieve each other after spending a nigth with a man who took lots of pleasure and gave none in return... "Kate!" he yelled, but got no answer. He ran to the very back and found her in the last cell by herself. She was laying on the concrete floor, unconscious, but alive. He let out a sigh of relief and grabbed his keys out of his pocket. "We have to get her out of here... We need to take her to your apartment..."

He unlocked the cell and ran inside, scooping her up and holding her close. "Come on. We don't have much time before my father notices."

Drayke cursed quietly as he looked down at kate, rushing in he checked her over, trying to see if she was hurt more then it appeared,"Hopefully the cops are gone. Zane's going to have enough problems as it is."he muttered looking worried as he nodded, walking the back way down stairs, pausing a moment before helping jax get kate into zane's backseat of the sporty 1965 mustang,"You drive. I'll sit back here with her."He said climbg in after kate, laying her down along the seats, her head resting in his lap as he stroked her hair,trying to make her feel better even if she was unconscious

Once back at Drayke's apartment, Jax locked the door and nodded for Drayke to set Kate on the bed. "She should be okay," he murmured, "She's just knocked out. They would never do permanent damage without my father's permission." With that, he moved into the kitchen, grabbed a first aid kit, and tugged Drayke on to the couch into the bedroom. Quickly, he started to help him out of his shirt. As he started to clean the wound on the other man's arm, Jax was thinking about what their next move should be. "What's your guess on Zane's status? You think they have enough evidence to hold him for further investigation, or do you think I could bail him out?" he asked quickly, glancing up at his friend. He was worried, very worried. Because he had a feeling that Alexander was being quiet for a reason. He was letting all of this drama distract them for what he really had planned...

Drayke looked concerned as he looked down at the girl,but was reassured when it was apparent that she wasn't really harmed. Grosling half hearted as jax started cleaning out his arm he winced as the medicine atunf,thinking over jazs words."I don't think they have enouh to arrest him, this was a arrezt by chance,if they had evidence they would have done it before now. I think they'll keep him to jusg rattle his cage."he muttered after a moment thinking, wondering ehat zane in turn would do. He knew his friend, he wojlsnt sdo well behind bars, but he was smart enough to try and use it to his own advantage. Nodding towards the door he sighed,kissing jax slowly."go bail him out before he goes insane. He probably could talk himself out of this,but that'll take time and concentration, and if hes as worried about kate sti as he appeared to be,he won't be able to do it.go,ill stay with her."he said stealing another kiss before handing him the car keys

Jax nodded with a frown, worry creating a crease along his forehead. Leaning in, he kissed the other man back and took the keys. "I'll bring him back here. The last place he needs to go back to tonight is home, even if I'm sure he'll fight be on it," he murmured, then looked over to Kate. She was still wearing Zane's clothes from the night before. "I'll pick her up some clothes while I'm out too." With that, he left and went down to the police station after a trip to the bank to take out a few grand. When he got to the front, people were staring at him with hatred in their eyes. They knew why he was here; to bail out his brother - a man that many people hated along with himself and their father. Moving to the front desk, he gave the lady behind the desk a wry smile. "I'm here for Zane Lindstrom."

Kate stirred a bit, gently sitting up in the bed and groaning at the headache she had from being knocked out. Her eyes slowly opened her eyes, looking confused at her surrounding. Where the fuck was she... Glancing over at Drayke, she bit her lip. "W-what's going on?" she murmured. The last thing she remembered was called her father and telling him she wanted to come home... Oh, God. They got her back, obviously, and this was not good. She was in trouble. Big trouble. Zane probably hated her now and his father probably wanted her dead... But the thing was, she was just so confused about her feelings for him, and she was absolutely sure that he didn't care for her at all.

"Just a moment,mr. Lindstrom,"the woman said with a slight sneer, because despite her orders to allow the man to bail zane out she didn't like it. Even if they didn't have enough evidence,and zane was singing like a canary, the man wasn't saying anything useful,just his usual head games. Meanwhile in the interview room zane smirked as he stood,glancing at the captian."now, as pleasant as this dealing has bedn with you,I have to go."he said moving towards the door,smirking slightly."its been a pleasure doing business with you."he said walking out with his escort,ignoeing how the chief glared at his back.wbile the man wouldn't like the facts, everylne knew zane was the lesser of teo evils, and that only a bloodbath would follow if they did indeed manage to keep him behind bars. Glancing at jax he sighed,though concern showed in his eyes."time to go then?"he said walking towards the door after jax paid trying not to look to anxious about leaving.

Drayke looked relieved when he saw her awake before laughing at her words."well,unless jax manages to bail zane out, world war 3 is about to start."he said joking because he was truly worried about what alwxander lindstrom wojls do if they really did chargw zane for his multiple crimes,even if they couldn't prove thsm

Jax paid and led Zane out to his car, getting in the driver's seat and heading out to Drayke's apartment. "We found Kate locked up in the back of the cell hall. She's safe with Drayke at his apartment," he assured, "But she was unconscious when I left... She should be okay though. And I think it would be best if we stayed there for the night. Just until we know exactly what's going to come from all of this." He gripped the steering wheel tight and drove down the dark roads toward down town. Once they were at Drayke's apartment, he walked in using his copy of the key (to distracted to realize Zane might question this) and moved inside. "Drayke? I'm back with Zane," he murmured, throwing his keys on the coffee table and moving to the back bedroom.

Kate swallowed hard and looked down at her hand. "I ran away because I was man... at myself," she murmured, "I think that I am getting too deep in all of this... I think I might care for Zane a lot more than he cares for me. After all, he just calls me a slave..." She shrugged and leaned back against the pillows, her hand on her forehead. "And I feel stupid because any normal girl in this circumstance would hate the person who is keeping them captive. They's be scared and sad and angry... But I just feel safe with Zane, and I don't even know why. I just do."

Anger swirled through zanes eyes as he stared out the window listening to jaxs words. He felt angry at his father for doing that, but mostly he was angru at himself for being stupid enough to think he couls keep her safe."I should go home."he said after a moment,really no more then a half hearted protest because he did want to go to draykes and check on kate himself. Glancing over at jax as they walked inside he was distractex by the idea jax had a key and he didn't."why the hell do you get a key and I didn't?"zane said his anger at kate and being arrested finally finding a outlet as he started ro suspect there was something no one was tellinf him.

"Zane has a way of making pelple feel safe with him."drayke said before his jaw fell open and he did something stupid,but understandable,he started lauhing."you're kidding right?in the last three months I've seen you pull zanes heartstrings harder then anyone but his sister ever had.you're dillysional if you do-" he stopped frowning slightly at the sound of zanes outraged voice."wrll, it looks like hes pissed he was in jail."he said having heard the tone not the words,not realizing zane was going to be pissed at him to,he headed for the door to let the two into the bedroom with him and kate,planning on chaperoning zanes reunion with katejust in case he was really piased at her

Jax looked up at Zane, a little startled and caught off guard. "I, well... You have been busy with Kate," he murmured, shrugging, "Why does it even matter if I have a key? That's the least of our concerns right now..." He rolled his eyes, obviously trying to avoid the conversation. He moved into the bedroom with the others, relieved to see Kate awake. As they walked in, Kate perked up. Drayke's words had confused her, but also made her feel guilty... She was just so confused and so worried about the future. What she needed was for him to explain his feelings, but that seemed unlikely. If Zane was good with words and new how to avoid or manipulate them.

Looking up at his with innocent, yet guilty eyes, she bit her lip. "Zane," she whispered, "Zane, I... Am I in trouble?"

Jax nodded for Drayke step out into the living room with him after setting a bag of new clothes on the bed for Kate. "Come on, Drayke, I bought some scotch while I was out too."

Zane frowned at the words as if trying to figure out what to say to them,but luckily enough for jax he was distracted from the conversation as he walked into the bedroom,and though his expression didn't change, there was so much relief kn his eyes to see her okay that it was hard to quesrion thay he cared more rhen he should. He'd probably always have a hard time admitting it,but it was obviojs that he cared."you should be,but you gave me the unique chance to talk ro your father without worrying about being killed so I guess its okay."he said sitting down on the bed next to her,gently stroking her hair."you okay?"he asked after a moment.

Drayke looked amused and happy at the idea following him out to the kitchen and getting them both glasses of scotch before looking at jax,stealing a quick kiss before leaning back,secure in the knowledge zane was to busy to be paying attention to them"was it hard getting him out?"he asked concerned over how bad things could get,nd wondering how much he was going to pay at work for being their friend.

Kate looked up at him, her eyes softening as she saw that his were doing the same. When he began to stroke her hair, she leaned into his hand. "I just have a headache, but I'm fine," she answered, closing her eyes. Reaching over, she grabbed her other hand and held it. She looked so torn with her own emotions... It was becoming increasingly obvious that she was falling for him, that she trusted him, that he made her feel safe... But she was so scared that this was all a manipulation; that he didn't care for her at all. "Zane, I don't know what to do anymore," she admitted, "We are in too deep, and I know there is no way back. I know that I can never really go home and be back in my normal life. Part of me... Part of me doesn't even want to... But what kind of life is this? I guess that was the question that made me run." She shrugged a bit and opened to eyes to look at him. "For some completely unknown reason, I'm falling for you," she admitted in a whispered. "Hard. And I'm so, so scared that you aren't going to be there to catch me. That no one will be there to catch me when this is all said and done."

Jax took the scotch and took a large gulp of it. "It was easy, honestly," he murmured, "We got Kate out of the mansion before the cops could find her. As far as Abernathy knows, the eyewitness that said she was taken by one of our men was lying. So that was a plus. The evidence was very weak, like always. Zane knows how to cover his tracks better than anyone... However, I don't think our father is going to be too thrilled to know Kate's gone and his sons aren't there." He shrugged and leaned back against the couch. "Yet, something tells me that he's got something up his sleeve. My father is staying quiet for a reason."

Back
Top Bottom