Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunter and the Hunted

Slate groaned as he pulled out o the other collpasing onto the bed with a slight smile, "Okay."he muttered snuggling into the other knight

"She looks disturbed,even drugged."Mab muttered as she gently stroked spencers hair, before slipping her hand into her husband and slate's, feelign the magic starting to merge together, wincing slightly at the feel of summer and winter together, gasping as even through the drugs spencer seemed to stir.Wondering if because they were screwing with fate, the fate goddess was being awoken.

Titanna shuddered a little as she took her husbands hand, glancing at Thitan, who was looking strained. "Thitan?... are you feeling unwell?" she asked, looking worried, Thitan shaking his head. "i'm fine. i'm well enough to save them." he promised softly, swallowing thickly as he closed his eyes and started the process, beginning it with a hum, a physical way to pour the energy they where sharing into the air, it made focusing the power easier. as the power filled the air, Falin seamed to stir as well, opening his mouth as if to cry out before fidgeting and returning to sleep, breathing softly as he took in the power they where using to lock away his powers. he wasn't ready to be a god yet, and the world wasn't ready for him, it was easy to repair the lock, and put the others more firmly in place... though the powers that had leaked out could not be locked back up, Falin probobly wouldn't know that they where there. now came the hard part... trying to Lock Spencer, trying to lock up Fate herself... here was where things would go wrong, if they where going to go wrong.

Slate panted a little as he felt the magic locking falin under, wincing as spencer stirred, her eyes opening as she screamed, screamed for tristan, she wanted her bladesmaster. And as the magic forced her under again, her back bowed as her mother interferred. "You didn't think I'd let you lock her up that easily did you?"Lilith purred to them all, the bounds they'd put together starting to snap as spencer struggled, her mind wanted to rest, didn't want to be a goddess yet, but her body was responding to all that power pouring into her.They were going to have to be something drastic to force lilith out, and put the locks back in place.

and Drastic was Thitan's middle name, as he felt the locks snapping, he leaped out of his body. something every person could do... once. his power slammed into Lilith, snarling like a rabid dog. "you would risk her falling into madness, for your own petty, selfish reasons. your prison has locked away your compassion." and then he used his powers, his REAL powers... because the Summer Knight was not just heat and fire... he was also... passion, and love. he had never used them before, but he flooded Lilith with the loving passion of a person who was sacrificing everything to save the one's he loved, giving the others the time they needed to finish locking Spencer back up. she wasn't ready to be a Goddess, Lilith didn't care... so Slate MADE her care, if only for a moment, Lilith felt the love for her child that she had felt when she was first imprisoned. and as Titanna and the others finished, Thitan let Lilith go, unable to hold her anymore, and in the room where the others sat, Thitan's body shuddered once... and went still. he had sacrificed himself to save Spencer, and maybe everyone else in the room... now the only question was... had his sacrifice been in vain? or had they managed to save Spencer?

Slate cursed quietly ignoring mab and titanna's cursing as they tried to bring back thitan, sitting down next to the other knight, he pulled the man into his lap,cradling him ever so gently as he cried softly. At that moment he didn't care if spencer was sane or not, he only cared that his oldest friend was gone. Shuddering he swallowed hard,"Titanna. Go get tristan. He'll know if spencer's sane."Slate muttered after a moment when he felt the girl stirring, and while there was something...other in her magical signature, it wasn't as strong or mind shattering as it would be had they failed.

Thitan was limp, and his body cold, there was no bringing him back. Titanna was sobbing as she held his hand, pressing it to her face as if somehow, just somehow he would come back. she had brought him into this world, she had half raised Thitan. he had been there for over three thousand years and now he was gone... it was Clause who finally went and got Tristan, leading the other to Spencer. "what's happened?" Tristan asked, shocked by what he was seeing, Thitan dead, and Spencer waking up too soon. "Spence? how are you feeling?" he asked softly, stroking her hair, looking worried at Falin... the monkey was going to be so fucking pissed when he found out Thitan was dead. but Falin hadn't even twitched, not in the least. he wouldn't wake up for some time yet. it was Spencer they needed to worry about, because she was going to blame herself for Thitan's death, even though she hadn't known him all that well, aside from the times he'd gone over to annoy the piss out of Tristan and Thitan.

Spencer blinked stupidly, looking up at tristan with soft innocent eyes."I...I feel lost..."She muttered. Despite being bound even through the locks, the power she had unlocked couldn't be totally shut off, but it was bound for now, and not a danger to her. But she'd always sense some things, and the loss of the summer knight was to big, big much of a missing piece of the world for her to not notice."w...what happened?"She muttered looking up at him,to weak to look around her.

he grimaced a little and stroked her hair, smiling at her a little. "we... well we had to do something to keep something bad from happening." he explained softly. "the Gods are involved so i can't say much..." he admitted shaking his head a little. "Thitan had to intervene when things started going wrong... he's.. dead." he admitted softly, stroking her hair. "just go back to sleep, everything's fine now..." he admitted softly, glancing over at the people who where still crying over Thitan, kissing her forehead before gently picking her up and carrying her out of the room, the less she saw, the less traumatized she would feel. he settled her into bed and tucked her in just as Falin started to groan, lifting a sluggish hand to settle onto his forehead. "i... feel terrible..." he groaned, coughing a little. "what happened? why's people crying?... 'm i dead?"

Spencer whimpered burying her face against tristn's chest, crying softly, her heart breaking because she just knew that it was her fault. She'd caused something bad to happen...."No...no..."She whimpered clinging to tristan as he carried her.

Slate winced a little moving over to pick the other up, moving him out of the room before he could see that thitan was gone."No, you're not dead. just rest, falin."he ordered kissing his head before settling him into the bed, glad tristan had taken spencer to their rooms.

Tristan grimaced as he held her and he shook his head. "don't blame yourself Spencer... i think Thitan was already dying..." he admitted softly. "he knew he was going to die soon, so he gave himself up so no one else would have to... it's the way he would have wanted to go, protecting the ones he loved." Tristan promised, smiling at Spencer as he held her, kissing her forehead. "it's going to be alright Spencer... we stopped the bad thing. we're all safe now.. i promise..."

Falin groaned as he was picked up, sighing softly as he snuggled into the other. "i'm not sore anymore..." he muttered softly. the Magic that had filled him, had also healed him. "you feel sad..." he muttered sleepily. "did something bad happen Slate?" he asked sleepily as he blinked up at the other, so sleepy, but also worried. "why was everyone crying?"

Spencer frowned a little as she rested her head on tristan's shoulder, closing her eyes."oh...well...."She stopped because she knew it was her fault thitan was ead, but maybe tristan was right."Are you sure?"She said nuzzling him looking worried, afraid he was still in dnger.

"We had to use magic, and heal you."He muttere gently stroking falin's hair out of his face, looking at him worried before swallowing hard. Knowing better then to lie about what had happened."Thitan's dead...he gave his life to stop something bad...."He muttere looking pained, wishing he didnt have to tell him

Tristan smiled at her and nodded. "i'm sure." he murmured softly, even though he wasn't, he SOUNDED like he was. "we're going to have another person joining us soon though... i think Thitan asked Slate to train his replacement... Thitan trained Slate you know." Tristan admitted as he smiled at her. "everything will be alright, you know." he promised softly as he stroked her face. "no matter what, you'll always have me." he promised, kissing her forehead.

Falin nodded a little, accepting that explanation before jerking in the others arms, shocked. "Thitan's gone!?" he asked, astonished. he'd known Thitan since he was sixteen, since he had met Arya and she had brought him to the Summer Lands. Thitan had taught him so much, and true Falin found Thitan's constant attempts to seduce him annoying, he had still loved Thitan like family. "...he died saving people?" he asked softly, his voice choked. "he would have liked that..." he whispered. "he liked protecting the people he loved..." he pressed his face into Slate's chest, hiding his tears. he didn't want to cry, Thitan wouldn't have liked it, but he couldn't stop them from pouring out.

Spencer looke thoughtful burying her face against tristan's shouler,"I know."She muttered sounding upset because it worried her about how her friend was going to react to having his oldest friend gone."So I'll always have you?"She teased him a little nuzzling his hand.

Slate winced at the other's reaction, wincing a little as he held the other man, holding him tighter as he pressed a kiss to his hair,"He did. He ied protecing all of us."He muttered stroking the other's hair looking worried about him, scared of how badly falin was going to freak out now.

he smiled as he kissed her forehead, smiling a little. "yes, always." he promised, smiling at her as he tweaked her nose gently. "you should rest Spence... you should be exaughsted." he muttered softly, holding her tightly to him. "everything will be alright, ok?" he asked smiling at her. "just sleep... it will hurt less in the morning."

Falin sniffled, shuddering as he clung to Slate, but he didn't freak out... Falin had known something was wrong with Thitan, the man had been acting strangely. "...i should have let him bed me again.. i never thought..." he whispered. "i shouldn't have called him names..." Falin whispered, voice choked with emotion as he wrapped his arms tightly around slate. "i'm so sorry Slate... you knew him for so long..." he looked up at the other, his eyes still filled with tears. "i would like to go lay down..." he admitted softly. "you have to go get his r..re.." he swallowed thickly. "you have to go and get the new Summer Knight, right?" he asked softly, proving that Falin did indeed know how the Fey system worked.

Spencer wrinkled her nose a little, going cross eyed as she looked at hs fingers before looking at him, frowning slightly."Always and always?"She muttered sleepily, snuggling into him, starting to fall asleep, but needing reassurance that she would have her bladesmaster, her guard against everything.

Slate looked worried swallowing hard before blushing."He was fine with it, falin.He understood."he muttered stroking the other's hair."He wouldn't have wanted to get laid just because he was dying, he wanted you to be happy."he said trying so hard to not break down, because falin was already upset, he didn't need a mental case winter knight to eal with. laying down he swallowed hard, noding."Eventually. I'll go soon...but not right now.I promise."He muttere stroking the other's hair.

he smiled at her. "always and always, forever and ever." he promised softly, kissing her forehead. he had a slight worry that he needed to go and comfort Slate, but Spencer needed him...

Falin shook his head a little as he snuggled into the other. "yeah, i guess your right." he muttered softly, blinking up at the other, looking so very sad. "you knew he was dying didn't you?" he asked softly. "did you fuck him?" he asked, sounding almost... hopeful, that Slate had. "he deserved to be laid one more time..." he admitted with a lick of his lips as he pulled the other into a tight hug. "it's ok to cry you know Slate... Thitan wouldn't like it, but it makes us feel better..." Falin admitted, choking on another sob. "and i don't want to cry alone..."

Spencer smiled falling asleep, holding onto her lover to tight and not allowing him to leave.

"I did....he...heh wanted to...and.."slate stuttered blushing a little at the admittance that he'd slept with thitian.Shivering a little as he was hugged, tears starting to slid down his face as he started to cry."He's the only one that has always been there.Even if we didn't get along..."

Falin snickered a little at the others blush and nodded. "good. i'm glad." he murmured, looking amused. "...you know, you ARE the Winterknight... i never expected you to only have me as a lover." he admitted, looking amused at the other. "i'm not going to get mad if you fuck other people." he admitted, holding the other tightly as he started to cry. Falin could have his own sob fest later with Titanna, right then, Slate needed him more than anything, and he held his lover and rocked him, running his calming fingers through the other man's hair, and murmuring assurances that Thitan would always be watching them in the heavens.

"Don't laugh at me."he pouted whining a little as he nuzzled falin swallowing hard as he cried, calming slowly as the other stroked his hair, raising his head to look at the other, his pale skin flushed and eyes red."You okay?"He muttered looking at the other worried.

Falin smiled at the other and shook his head. "no... not really..." he admitted softly. "Thitan was one of my only freinds." he admitted softly. "he was annoying, but he was one of the only people i always knew i could count on... i'm.." his face twisted with grief and rage. "i'm so pissed that he didn't tell me! he didn't tell me he was going to die!" he finally burst out, sobbing again. "he didn't tell me and i didn't have a chance to say goodbye! i even slept through his fucking death because he was... he... he was a selfish coward!" and that might have been true, there was nothing that made Thitan more uneasy than tears. he might have kept it a secrete so he wouldn't get sobbed all over.

"He was."Slate said smiling a little because he knew this was exactly why thitan hadn't told them.Sighing softly as he pressed a kiss to the other's hair, shifting a little."Falin, do you want me to go get spencer?She's good at soothing magic..."he muttered wanting him to feel better, and willing to do anything to help.

Falin shook his head a little. "no... she's probobly just as upset... don't bother her, i'll go to Titanna or Azra..." he promised, sniffling as he held the other. "i just... i don't want him to be gone..." he admitted softly, sounding, for once, like the young, traumatized, man that he was. Falin always had such a... psychotic air around him, that it was so strange to see him acting so... normal. considering he had laughed when he'd tried to kill Spencer, Death shouldn't have bothered him in the least. and yet, he was crying over Thitan, and clinging to slate like he was the last floaty in the deep end of a pool after discovering he couldn't swim. "i'm just.. going to take a nap..." Falin decided after a moment. "go get the new Summer knight, or find Tristan and make him do it... someone has to go get him, the Summer Courts can't be without a Summer Knight." he muttered, worn out from all the crying he'd done, and he was still tired from the massive amounts of sleeping. "i'll go and check on Spencer and Titanna later..." he decided, rubbing his eyes. "you'll be careful right?"

Slate sighed a little before cudling against him."I will.Don't worry.It'll be okay."He muttered looking interested because it was so odd to see the other soupset when he was aware of what the other side of his personality id. Shifting away he stoo, helping him get up as they headed for the others rooms."Come on, you can stay with spencer while she worries about tristan."He said knowing better then to go alone after someone he didnt know, and there was no one better at being backup then the god of blaes

Falin nodded as he snuggled the other, kissing him deeply before heading off to Spencer, crawling into bed with her, ignoring the glare Tristan gave them, but he let Spencer and Falin cuddle and sniffle together on the bed as he joined Slate, squeezing the other man's shoulder. "are you going to be alright?" he asked softly, his head tilted a little. "we're going to get the new Summer Knight, aren't we?... are you sure that your up for this? we can wait a day or so before things get dangerous..." he promised, biting his lip a little. "Titanna says the young man has no training at all... aside from human training that is." he admitted softly. "i can go get him myself... if your not up for it..." he muttered softly, taking Slate's hand gently, worried about the other.

Slate smirked a little looking amused."You're not going to yell because he's cuddling your girl?"He said snickering before sighing a little."I have to be. If...if something happens that delays us more, its not just summer that's at risk, winter will fall to.We have to go now."He said not answering as he headed for the door, not answering if he could do ths or not, it wasn't a question of if he could or not, but it was one of what he had to do.

Back
Top Bottom