Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Man Behind the Mask and His Muse(Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress

"You should, I would be dissapointed if you didn't." he looked a little puzzled. "Is there any reason you wouldn't?" He stuggled a bit with his heartstrings. He had hoped she had come to see him about each other, and not about business. "But how are you? When we last left, you didn't want to see me."

Aria looked down. "I don't know the music isn't the same as it once was." she bit her lip. "it isn't that I didn't want to see it was I couldn't, it was to painful."

"Are you better now? Is it still painful to be here? I could help with the music I think, I have been writing non-stop for 4 months, but I could never do that if it would cause you pain. " Deno got thinking, that under the right circumstances, he could even buy back the opera. It would make a fine donation to the hospital. Though he was careful to say nothing of this to Aria.

Aria bit her lip a moment and then sighed. "I am not sure what to do to be honest. Your music has always brought me happiness however would it be right for either of us to go down that path again."

"What path are you referring to? If you mean where I look to you for all my fulfillment in life, and make my life your responsibility, that will never happen. I am living life again, and though I am doing it alone, I don't want to. I'd far rather share it with you. The key though is that i will share it, its still my life, with all its warts. I love you Aria, with all my heart. Once, some time ago, you loved me too. Is that still true?"

Aria down a moment. She fumbled with her hands in her lap. She had to be honest here, she could not lie, this was there last chance. She bit her lip and looked up her eyes locking on him. "yes I still love you." she said softly not even sure if she said it loud enough for him to hear

"Why so sad?" he said smiling. "Love should be celebrated, and the best way I know is with music. I wrote a song for this day, in case it ever came. It's a song for you and I, our own private aria. Will you sing while I play? He took her hand and led her to the piano, and after sorting through the many handwritten manuscripts he put one on the top. The title read "Sorrows into Joy!" by Geno Capiacelli for Aria. He flexed his hands and started to play the introduction. It was dark, speaking of the hard times they had faced.

Aria was shocked as he he said he had written a song for them for this moment. She swallowed hard and followed him to the piano she listen to the melody as he played and then slowly she began to sing. Her words soft as if she was afraid to sing but as she was wrapped up in the music she being to embrace the work for what it was.

The story continued in words and music telling of dark times, with bright moments and dark tradgedy carried in the bass line. Then came a distinct change, the music became lighter, laced with hopeful high notes, and finally a celevratory crescendo, ending in a gentle soft ending full of sweet notes, and rich chords.

He loved hearing Aria sing it and as the last chord still rang from the piano, he pulled her into a soft but passionate kiss. "I love you. I have always loved you." He knew the words echoed those said before, but at least for him they had more meaning. "I will always be here for you. If ever you need me." he had promised to be there for her, not asked her to be there for him. It truly was a new beginning.

She paused as she sang the last notes. Unmoving from her spot until her pulled her into a kiss. She kissed him just as passionately. After he spoke she paused and sighed a bit. "I love you and I want to be with you but I am afraid things will be as they were before."

He sat her in his lap. "When did I ever go 4 hours without contact with you, let alone 4 weeks? Can't you see I'm a changed man? I give you much credit for that, but it is true. Won't you let me help you for a change, and we can share our lives, rather than simply have a one sided relationship? Yes there will be hard times, but the Sorrows are turning to Joy. " he said referring to the song title.

He was right he was different at least so far. She bit her lip a moment. "alright we can try again, but please let's go slow this time and not through our whole hearts in at once."

"I will do my best" he said. I do love you you know, so my whole heart is in already, but that doesn't mean we cant take the time to lead our heads catch up a bit first." He smilled at her and kissed her gently.
" So about the opera, I really think you should renew your contract." He gathered some manuscripts from the piano. "Show these to the music director, see if he is interested."

She kissed him back. "I love you too." she whispered softly just starring into his eyes. She looked as he showed her his work. "you really think I should Renew my contract, I mean my heart is just not in it like it use to be."

"Well if you don't I won't be interested in the opera. I think we could bring it back again, together. After all music is our love in life.

Arak looked at him and then sighed. "I learned that my parents love in life was music, when I went back to Poland. I found it drove a wedge between so much so the week my mother died she had started to file for divorce papers, I am afraid that can happen to us."

Well in the end it is up to you. I wont interfere, but you asked me what I think.

Aria looked at him. "I am not saying I don't value your opion I am just worried we will end up like them. And I don't want that, not after all we have been through."

"Aria my love, how do i convince you that I love you more than life itself, and certainly more than our music. I let you go, because I love you."

Aria looked at him and smiled "I am sorry, your right, I guess I will renew the contract then and see how things go from there." she gave him a soft kiss

"What would you think if we went down there together? and tell them we are a package deal?"

"Silly girl, I gave it up because without you it was all meaningless, and at the time you didn't want me around. I couldn't do it."

Aria smiled "I guess our love for music is not as great as our love for each other and maybe we won't end up like my parents."

"We won't end up apart, that is for sure. We have already endured enough to know we can survive as a couple. We will always have each other's love, even when things get tough"

Back
Top Bottom