Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunter's vs the Hunted(Yoshie and Raizu)

Kairi nodded softly with a smile, holding tightly to Winry's hand as they approached the house. As they walked up to it, nothing seemed to be wrong, all was well and busy as usual. So when she opened the door and stepped inside, Kairi kept a calm, relax attitude."Mom! I'm home."She called, hoping the older woman would come out to greet her. She gave a look to her friend and smiled a bit, ignoring the dcorations around the house, of the few trophies her father kept.

The house was decorated beautifully, with furnishing as far as the eye could see. There were many game trophies and you could clearly tell that her father was one who enjoyed hunting, with that of the guns and knives of times of old displayed all over the house. He was a prideful one indeed. Few trophies were an understatement, as she gasped at all the gold and silver displayed and this was just as you entered the house.
“Your house is beautiful.” She stammered. Winry was ever more reluctant to proceed. But she knew not to disobey her new Rider. She nodded and waited for the one that Kairi called Mother.

Kairi smiled at her praise, showing Winry around the place while she waited for her mother to greet them. After a while, she took a seat on the couch and pulled Winry down beside her, smiling as she wrapped her arm around the woman's. Finally the mother walked in with a smile, taking a seat across from them."Who is your new friend sweety?"The woman asked, giving Winry a happy, curious look. Kairi giggled a bit and nudged her friend."Her name is Winry and we've been hanging out for a couple days."

Winry was taken aback how much Kairi’s mother and Kairi looked alike. Then again most Dryyakin’s looked like their parents as well. Winry herself was black and red like her father with shades of purple and dark purple hue like her mother. Kairi’s mother gave Winry a warm smile and in return Winry gave her one back hoping that she did well to hide her fangs. She wanted no trace or any tell tale signs that she was of pureblood, for it would already be hard enough as it is to tell both parents the dangers that their innocent little daughter and for the most part the entire world were about to face.

“Hello maam. How are you… Yes we’ve been just flying around the city; I’ve been showing her things that she’d never seen before.”

How not far from the truth that was. In fact it was all true. Winry had been showing the girl things and the flying part well for humans it would be an expression but for the two of them. Flying is an understatement.

The woman gave Winry another smile, finding herself a seat on the couch before she spoke again. "Nice to know my Kairi has finally made a friend...lately she's just been sitting around moping and keeping to herself when she isn't out and about."She teased as the younger girl whined with a giggle."Hey hey hey!! I enjoy how I do things!"Kairi shot back before the two started to laugh.

But attentions were returned to Winry as the woman went quiet and she looked over Winry."So what brings the two of you here hmm??"

There was a silence in the air, but not that of the awkward kind, no this silence was the silence of reminiscent truth. Winry had seen this all before, she was not sure how to address it this time since last time ended in a battle. She cleared her throat and wondered how to say this to the girl’s mother. She let out a sigh and looked at the woman with those blazing red eyes.

“There is something that I must discuss with you and your husband if he is available. This is a very important matter and I think it needs the attention of both parties. My contributions to this conversation will be added later but first I would like you to listen to your daughter for there are weights to her words. Now what she is about to say may sound like mythology and fictitious animations or something that just might pop out of a sci fi movie… but I assure you as my blood is blue that she is telling the truth.” She looked away and she blinked twice which is a natural touch considering that she was Dryyakin.

“ If you need proof… well just ask.” She looked to Kairi and said.

The woman raised her brow, wondering what brought on the sudden formal tone and attitude. But nonetheless she nodded and looked to her daughter. For a good 15 minutes or so Kairi began to explain to her mother what had happened the past few days. But on top of that she also explained how she felt about dragons and how they all weren't bad like her father led her to believe. When she finished, her mother stared with wide eyes, looking between her and Winry. With a furious glare, she smacked her daughter, which earned her a ashamed look of pain and embarrassment.

"How dare you defy us and ally yourself with a dragon!Do you realize what your father would do if he heard of this!?"The woman shouted, letting her rage guide her for a few moments. But when she settled down, she took a soft look again, pulling her daughter into an apologetic hug, which Kairi embraced with a light whine. The woman bit her lip and rubbed the girls back, looking towards Winry. If her daughter was right, Winry's appearance of just sitting there doing nothing was proof enough."How can I believe what she says? considering I'm not in a position to do anything about this?"

When Kairi got struck in the face Winry growled and hissed. She wanted to charge at the woman and give her the same pain that she and Kairi were feeling at the time. A moment later a red bruised stained scar exactly where it would be on Kairi’s face appeared on Winry’s, because of this Seduction glared at the woman with a disdained look on her face as she tried to rub the place but because of the pain winced when she did. Winry opened her mouth in a hiss motion and bared her fangs at the woman attempting to intimidate her.

“I am Kairi’s dragon, she is linked with me.” She said pointing to the scar that appeared when the blow was struck to her friends face. As you can see if you hurt me you hurt her and vice versa. I cannot change into my dryyakin form here for the sake of your precious house and for fear of other humans seeing me however I assure you that every word your daughter says is true. Your husband…” She paused trying to find the words to say. “Your father… would not approve of me, this I know so I will stay hidden for safety… but I guess… I wanted to reconcile. I need to …I would like to know more about… you and your family.” She said cautiously.

The woman shot a glare towards Winry as she hissed, Kairi's mother letting go of the girl who simply hugged onto her mother's side for comfort, expecting such rage to come out. But seeing her mother suddenly so calm made her smile. She was always much easier to talk to and express herself to. And so far it wasn't working so well."Then I suggest when my husband comes home you say nothing of this at all..He does not care about the fact you are peaceful..He would kill all of your kind in a heartbeat. He sees red when he sees your kind..."Her voice was sincere but shaky.

Winry snarled and looked away. “But why! There is no reason for violence, why kill me when I have done nothing wrong… I come to you in peace, I came here to talk. There is a much greater danger than I and I would seek you and your families help not only for all of dragon kind but for mankind as well! This threat… this dragon is much more powerful and is able to wipe out entire countries without a thought. Neltharaku…. Deathwing… He knows nothing of peace and reconciliation, he wants death and destruction and I seek your help… no all of man kind to come together and end this tyrants reign upon humanity before it’s too late.” She stopped and looked to Kairi with pleading eyes, she didn't know what else to do… what could she do? She was a guest in the woman’s domain and asking something so trivial so damn near meaningless and something that sounded damn right outrageous of someone who does not like her ilk.

The moment she made note f that name, the woman's eyes widened, her hands tearing Kairi from her, her breathing suddenly weaker and heavy."N-No no no...Y-You s-sure that's the dragon's name..?"She asked, fear and shock within her voice. Listening to this, Kairi had a somewhat confused look on her face, never seeing her mother with such a look of fear.

(sorry for the small post..a bit sleepy)

OOC: Go ahead to bed... You can finish later sweets

Winry took note of the woman’s face, not only was her expression one of fear she looked as though she knew that name on a more personal level than just rumors. The look on Kairi’s face matched that of Winry’s as they both stood almost paralyzed by the mother’s expression. “There is no mistake, his name is Deathwing and he will bring just that to this world. I am not sure how you may know of that name or how you would come to know it… but yes. His Dryyakin name is Neltharaku. His human given name is Deathwing the Destroyer. He had a linker, well a person that was his rider… and I think, this is just a hunch but I think your husband may have been his Drayyakin Rider. He hates human’s and caused the war that you know now as the War of the Worlds. I’m not sure what you humans call it but that’s what we address it as. But he once… he was not always like this…” She stopped and looked at Kairi.

The older woman shook her head quick and left the room, her breathing hesitant and her eyes wide with both fear and worry. When things had finally gone well and changed, her husband's past..their past was coming back around full force and managed to drag their daughter in with it. For now she was in too much shock to talk of it anymore. For years she had been holding this back, desperate to just forget all about it.

Kairi however watched with a somewhat dumbfounded look, not sure just what was going on, considering this was all still so new to her."W-Wait a minute..A-Are you saying.m-my father was a rider..like me..and it was to the dragon you fear so much?" The girl asked Winry with a deep, shaky breath.

She nodded and then looked at the mother. “There is one way to know… Deathwing has a scar on his chest from where father and he fought. There should be a scar on your fathers chest. And all riders have this…” Winry touched Kairi’s hand and a faint glow appeared. “This is the dragons calling… this is how you can hear me inside your head. It’s a telepathy light connected to your pulse, your heart and finally the brain. This is how you can translate Dryyakin into English. I wondered why you could hear me when I was moaning and telling you to stay away from me. This explains it.” She said clearing her throat. “This must be a lot to take in now… and I do apologize but I’d have to know about this as soon as possible and if I have the wrong person then I will leave you to your bidding and erase your memories.”

Back
Top Bottom