Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunter's vs the Hunted(Yoshie and Raizu)

Winry’s eyes twinkled, and it seemed that even in her dragon form she could smile, she looked at Kairi with a new hope and then spoke slowly.
“You have given me a gift; you have given me the gift that you humans call hope. You see, for centuries I have been in hiding, wanting so bad to have a human friend, needing so bad to just have someone to talk to. Yet, I could not tell anyone the secret of my legacy, or show them what I am for fear that they would kill me and endanger my flight. But then I met you… and I know now that there is the possibility of humans and dragons once again becoming friends, and maybe even living amongst each other again. What baffles me however is that you knew nothing of your lineage, or the legacy of us.” Winry looked on with her dragon eye and saw that dawn was breaking. She needed to get them both home fast.

“Come! We have to go…Dawn is breaking” She let out a loud yawn. “You see Dragons can either be nocturnal or we can be diurnal, walkers by day. My flight was bred to be nocturnal, so as soon as the sun rises I am supposed to be sleeping in my dryyakin form. In my human form I can last longer but even that body needs rest from time to time.” Na`ane lowered her back so that Kairi could get on her back. “Now let me know where I can drop you off, if we get there on time I can drop you off close without being caught but I would need to fly out of here fast. All I need you to do is to keep me awake okay? Speaking of which is today one of your training days?” She asked as she waited for the young girl to get on her back.

( I'm so sorry about the late reply! I've been so busy the past few days and haven't really gotten a decent amount of time to reply until now.)

Kairi listened to the dragon announce her renewed hope or faith in humans, something Kairi knew wasn't common in the mind of her race. Though she wouldn't correct the woman or shoot the idea down, she did however, have something to say about it."There might be people out there who think that way..but so long as the hunters are out looking for you..it won't be so easy to reach out to them..So let's just keep this...between us for now.." As much as she wished to prove the dangers of Winry's kind wrong, now just wasn't the time. She wanted to at least wait until she and Winry could truly connect and work together like the legends spoke of

Before she could think or say much more, she was being rushed to get on the dragon's back as the morning sun rose. Had it really been that long already?! If she didn't get home soon her father would surely come searching for her. And if he found he two of them together, there would surely be hell to pay for the both of them."J-Just drop me off where I found you. I can make my way home from there.." She suggested as she hopped up on the dragon's back.

The hurt in Winry’s eyes was apparent but she understood. She had not seen hunters in a while and it would’ve be really good to not see them or to hope that modern society had erased their existence, then again she was sure that some hunter was out there thinking the same thing about her race. Now, with the presence of Kairi there was a fork in her plans of living a harmonious life because not only was their proof of drayykin but there was proof of the hunters as well. All she could hope for was that somehow Kairi was different and that she would not tell Winry’s secret to anyone else of her kind. When Kairi hopped on Na`ane’s back she nodded and knew that it was time to go.

They took to the skies with much force the wind beneath her wings soaring high above the trees and in the back you could see remnants of the sun coming up and the sky turning a much beautiful orange and red. Winry marveled out the corner of her eye at the blazing sky, a sight she rarely got to see as a dryyakin.
“I am happy that we got to spend some time together young one. However brief it may be. I got to understand you somewhat and now, even though I still have a lot of questions about your kind and what they are up to now, well, you at least are quite different and for that… I am pleased.” She said as she spotted the place where she had fallen. Hovering over the building she got low enough so that Kairi could get down.

“Okay this is far enough. I can hear civilization waking up and in my human form I would be no good at these heights. I need to find a place with a little shade so that I can revert back and head to my kin.” She smiled at the girl and then nuzzled her hair with her chin.

Kairi relaxed happily against the dragon's back, sighing in content as she closed her eyes and waited to be dropped off. With everything she was told about these creatures, Winry gave her no sense of danger, she did nothing to harm her, with all the opportunities given, the dragon did not once try and kill her. So how could these creatures whom her kind despised all these years, ALL be a danger to humans, when she was in more than just the presence of a dragon, and came from it unscathed.?

Her joy was short lived however when Winry finally came around to where they first met, Kairi looking to the dragon with a soft smile, gently caressing the side of the creatures scaly face."I enjoyed it too, and I hope we can do this again sometime. It's nice to know my family was wrong about dragons. You're not bad creatures aftrerall, just...misunderstood."

Dragons in a way are like oversized puppies. When they are happy you can see it, and when they are sad you can feel it, it’s that simple. When Kairi touched her scales a low deep growl emanated from her body, it was the equivalent to a purr that cats make. Winry’s eyes closed, she could not remember the last time a human touched her scales. It excited her and her tail began to swing back and forth in a sort of a wagging like manner. Kairi was different, she was a special case and like a child that has to learn about the world Winry was just as eager to teach her. As she was petting her, Winry spoke softly in her native language.

“Human’s fear what they do not know… and what they are ignorant to they refuse to understand. Like I said, it was both fault of human and Dragon.” Her sentence stopped and she looked at the direction of the sun and winced. She nuzzled Kairi’s chin with her nose and then flapped her wings to get in gear for flight. “Good luck little one… May the Elders be with you.” She said as she was about to head off. She hovered in the air a little as if waiting for her to say her goodbye.

Kairi smiled with a gentle giggle as the dragon seemed to enjoy having the human's hand tenderly touch her scales. The girl soon pulled her hand away when the creature nuzzled under her chin and soon hovered above her. For a moment the woman watched with a smile, watching as the sun started to rise. And when it did, she turned her eyes back to Winry, staring up at the beautiful creature before she let out a slight sigh.

It was more than time for the two of them to go their separate ways for the time being. But hopefully soon they would meet up again, to spend more time together. But ith the daylight dangerous for them to be seen together, now was no time for such qustions."I hope we meet again soon... Goodbye.."She spoke with a weak smile, gear in hand as she waited till the dragon left her before heading home.

Flying back to the haven was no easy task seeing as the sun was making it hard for her to concentrate. Some dryyakins could fly in the daylight, but not Winry. Her father was nocturnal and her mother was a day walker this made it difficult because her human form could wanted aimlessly in the sun but her drayykin form cried out for rest. Finally reaching the haven she stumbled past the guard to her quarters but before she could rest one of the messengers cried out for her. Winry turned around and the messenger demanded that the Elder speak with her. Winry panicked and prayed to the higher ups that they did not smell a human on her.
She went to the Elders chambers and before she could even make up a lie thunder crashed down and there was the Elder of life standing before her. She bowed her head as the Elder spoke.
“Na`ane… He has been found… Neltharaku! He is in the human world but his guise is human and we cannot sense him amongst the others. You are one of them so we need you to help us find him before it’s too late.”
Her heart skipped a beat, her breath labored and her eyes, she could not blink, no words would form from her lips all she could do was stand their frozen. Then it hit her Kairi. All the memories came flooding back to her and she felt sick. So sick that she could not maintain her dragon form, no she turned human right there in front of the Elder. The Elder of life knew what she was experiencing and this was a burden on the Gods as much as it was for the Dryyakin as well as the humans. If the Black dragon decided to wreak havoc on the world everyone would suffer, there would be no rest for any race Man and God alike. Winry had to warn Kairi…

By the time Kairi had made it home and to her awaiting bed, she was stopped first by her mother, questioning her about where she had gone or more so why she was gone all night. The girl was in no mood to talk, answer or say much of anything, too tired to deal with the problems that was soon to come in the house. Luckily, hr father had gone out to get some food before patrolling, so his mouth wouldn't bother her at all for the next few hours. So with a sigh, Kairi walked past her, leaving the ranting woman to stare in anger.

Unaware of the events to come, Kairi threw herself onto the bed, slowly passing out with a smile, letting out a faint sigh as she closed her eyes and slowly drifted away."Bed...so nice.."She murmured before falling silent and motionless in her sleep. Without a care to cover up, Kairi slept in the clothes she wore when with Winry.

If Kairi had the necklace anywhere near her it would glow a bright purple illuminating all that it was around that same color. The necklace was made by Winry yes, but it also had the magic of a Dryyakin locked in it, and one dragons magic has the generation of dragon’s magic inside of its source. This meant that not only was Na`ane’s magic there some of the Elders magic, the red, blue, green, gold and black flights magic was there as well. Which meant that not only did it glow when Na`ane was around it would shine whenever any dragon was around. The problem was Winry was still at the Elder’s domain, she had tried to get her thoughts together as to how she was gonna tell Kairi and better yet where would she find him. But that was not the problem of finding him; the problem was what she would do when she found him, what she would do when they would cross paths and she hoped to the Elders that Kairi was not around when they would.
Winry tried to telepathically call to Kairi. “Young one… can you hear me? Can you hear me… if you can please… I need to tell you something… we are in grave danger…” Winry knew that she had to get to Kairi but first she had to tell the other flights first. Winry flew wearily to the Red flight’s platform “Alextraza! Please… I need to talk to you… He’s back, the Destroyer is back…” She went to the Green flights platform. “Ysera …he’s back… Naltharaku is back.” And then it followed to the other flights, but she had to find some way to tell the humans but more importantly she wanted no harm to come to her new friend, she could only hope that Kairi heard her cry.

She had fallen into a deep, pleasant slumber when she heard the cry and plea of Winry, shocking her for a moment, but also confusing her. Why would the dragon be speaking in her head from this far away, and what was it she had to say. Groggily she woke up, looking around the room, then to her necklace to see if it glowed, showing that Winry or even any dragons were nearby. While doing this, she rose from her bed, yawning a bit when she looked away from the necklace, too tired t the moment to notice any glowing. Unsure how to contact her dragon friend, Kairi did the only thing she thought might work without raising suspicion in the house, her mind."Winry?? can you hear me?? what is wrong..?"

When she heard a reply that was all the strength she needed. Na`ane wanted nothing more than to protect her new found friend from any dangers that she was in, be it her fault or not. There is an old saying; once you befriend a dragon you have one for life. Winry felt a bond between Kairi and her, even if she was the only one and being as though dragons tend to take friendships and bonding very serious well she knew that she had to be strong not only for her flight but for her new pal. After she addressed the flights the Elders called a meeting on how to handle this new threat unfortunately, Na`ane was more concerned about Kairi, she knew that the flights could handle themselves as they have so many times before. But the humans, that was a different, they didn’t have powers and elemental magic, they didn’t even have each other at times.
“Kairi, I need you to meet me in Central Park by the big Oak Tree. I need you to wear the necklace; it’s the only thing right now that can protect you. I do not yet know what we face but if the Elders call a meeting of all the flights something big is in discussion. I will meet you there in my human form, my dragon form cannot make a trip that far in the daylight and there are too many humans. Ask your father, if he is around about the Dryyakin, and ask about your lineage, now would be a good time to know and maybe he can help us as well… We need all the assistance we can get.” Once she said that she bowed out to leave the other flights in her mission for Kairi but just as she was about to leave the Red dragon leader Alextraza spoke to her.
“Na`ane… please be careful, you will be affected by this as well as us all. You were closest to him.” Winry nodded and then set off for the Park where she was to wait for Kairi.

Kairi had a slight panic in her voice as she responded when Na'ane mentioned something about talking to her father. She knew that wasn't an option at all, not right now, so long as Kairi hadn't much real proof to bring to him."W-Well I don't think telling father is a good idea right now thought..I'm sure he will come after you rather than try and help us.."She explained, getting herself ready with her clothes and gear to head out to the park. with the sound of worry in her friend's voice, Kairi was more worried about getting to the meeting place to find out what was going on."I can't talk to him about this, or ask about anything without raising suspicions.."

Humans were much more complicated creatures than dragons when it came to things like feelings and emotions. Winry wondered why Kairi could not talk to her father about small things, much less this debate about life and death. She also wondered if her friend and her father were close enough to even have a conversation that just scratched the surface of daily things like weather and school. It was so easy for Kairi to talk to Winry, and the same went for her. Na`ane could talk for hours with her new friend and in fact they did when they first met to the point that Na`ane did not want to leave.

Flying behind the safety and shadow of a tall building Na`ane transformed back into her human form Winry. Wiping the dew from the trees off of her skin she patted her hair and cleared her throat. She looked around to make sure no one saw what had just happened and she headed to Central Park. The sky was rather clear today, no clouds in sight and shade was just as scarce. It was a hot day but not like in California where the days ranged from hot as hell to literal ‘oh shit…’ Sitting on a nearby bench she awaited her friends arrival, during this time she tried to figure out how to tell her what exactly was going on.

(sorry for taking so long..lost some free time for the past couple weeks because of preparation and business for my graduation from college. But I'm done so I once again have more free time for here.)

It wasn't hard at all for Kairi to talk to her father, but it was more so she had a fear of it, afraid she might spill the beans on her appreciation or fondness of dragons. While she hated the idea of killing them, she hated the look of disappointment on her father's face. But after thinking about it on her way to the park, Kairi decided she would talk to her father after hearing the impending danger from Winry. At least then she would have something to work with, something she could hold up to at least get him to hear her out. It was worth a shot, considering the immenent sense of danger Na'ane seemed to have in her voice.

As Winry found herself a bench to sit on, Kairi kept her distance, eyes watching the surroundings, making sure she wasn't followed and there were no patrols nearby. Once she deemed it was safe, she approached her friend, slowly taking a seat beside her on the bench, looking to the woman with a smile."So..what is it you need to tell me Winry?" she asked, her voice full of worry, unsure what could have the woman's nerves all worked up.

Winry looked at her new friend with fear in her eyes. Something that dragons’ never were allowed to show, but because she was human she was very emotional. In her eyes Kairi would see hurt, pain, and anguish. Winry started to shake, she didn’t know what to do and her only friend was a human her supposed enemy.

“He’s back… He’s back…I can feel him, it hurts.” She said painfully. Her eyes shifted back and forth from sorrow to somber. “I’m glad that you came… I am glad that you’re here.” Winry was wearing her long black dress and her hair was blocking the fact that her back was out. When she bent over in pain you could see the three marks on her back that were in the shape of claw marks. The marks, because Kairi was in tuned with Winry both dragon and human form she was connected to the other dragons as well. So she would be able to feel the pain that Winry was going through when Neltharaku communicated with her. She could also hear what he was saying if she was listening close enough.

“Na`ane… my dear sweet Na`ane. Are you trying to hide from your own kind by mingling amongst these ingrates! They are nothing more than leechers! They thrive on the WEAK and kill their own kind!” He said with disdain.
Her chest hurt, she was doubled over in pain, her back where the scar was had now started bleeding. She could not move, it felt as though she was in a paralyzed. She looked over to Kairi and wondered was she going through the same pain. Then, she fell on the ground curled up in to a ball and whimpering.

“It hurts…make it stop.” She cried. Then she heard his voice again.

“I will find you… you can’t hide forever my love… I will find you all! I am close, I will see you very soon.”

When she finally got a good look at her friends face, Kairi swallowed hard, looking on, wondering what was going on until Winry finally spoke up, explaining that Neltharaku was back. A sudden fear struck her when she heard those words, her body shivering a bit, wondering just what to do as immenent danger seemed to approach. But before she could say a word, the same pain Winry experienced struck down upon the woman, curling over slightly, groaning in pain as she tried to fight it off.

She could only hear bits and pieces of his words, focused on fighting off the pain to try and help her friend, her breathing heavy and her body relaxing as she ignored the pain, her voice weak and cracked as she spoke."C-Can you...come with me then.. I'm gonna bring you...to my home...maybe try and reason..with my father.."She told her in between groans, removing the training bandages from her wrists and ankles as she wrapped it around Winry's body to bandage up the claw marks that began to bleed.

Winry winced at the pain, her eyes filled with distraught. She looked over and saw that Kairi was experiencing the same thing that she was and it made Winry sadder. Winry watched as her friend bandaged up her wounds from her back and she let out a sigh.
“I am so sorry, I feel as though I have dragged you into this. You would not be feeling this pain if it was not for me. You seem to feel what I feel, you seem to hear what I hear, and we seem to have the same experiences. Where I come from we see that as a bond of trust. You are my rider and I am your Dryyakin. I do not mind being your designated Dryakkin, I have fun and it’s not a chore, unlike other masters who beat us and treated us like dogs. Then again, I can understand why Nel is angry, but these scars, these wounds will never go away, whatever form I take whether it be human or dragon. I try to hide them but if he talks to me or if he is near they hurt, sometimes to the point of bleeding.”

“Is your father that hard to talk to? Does he not like dragons? What is it that bothers him about us?” Winry looked at herself, examining her arms, her legs and her hands. “I did nothing wrong… why do humans hate me?”

(sorry for the delay..internet was giving me problems so I had to get a new modem)

Kairi just listened as Winry tried to explain herself and apologize for the pain her friend felt. Though Kairi didn't care about it, she had been through enough pain of her own to ignore a majority of it."D-Don't apologize.. you're my friend..and if feeling the same pain as you will help me understand how you're feeling..than that's fine with me.."Her hand gently rubbed her friend's arm, trying to comfort her and at least cheer her up. But then the woman spoke about her father, forcing a sigh from her lips.

" It's not that he is hard to talk to...It's just when he hears something he disagrees with, especially with dragons..he doesn't care about what people have to say.." She began, looking down to the ground as she went into her thoughts."It's not that he hates you..he was just raised in a time where having thoughts of your own in a clan or organization wasn't really approved of.."

(OOC: It's okay... oh for a plot twist how about your father being the rider of Nelthraku? You can make up a story on why they split their separate ways if you want.)
Winry looked away from her friend, not because of what she said but because it reminded her of what ‘he’ had said at one point. She crossed her hands over her lap and then sighed. “Yes I know, someone else that was close to me said the same thing. Well he said that humans worshipped us and now we are to be equal and well, he just was not happy with that nor the idea that we become your pets. He was referring to riders and tamers but it was not up to us or you to decide, no this was fate. You see I never had a rider, I never carried a human on my back until you and I never had one experience my pain since you so that must mean that you are my rider. If you tell your father that you are my rider maybe he will understand.” She said trying to gather her thoughts from the pain that had just ensued on her body.

(well because of age and such, maybe it would make more sense for her father to be a descendant of the dragon's rider?)

Her eyes kept to the ground as she listened, her body trembling slightly from the remnants of pain. But as Winry explained something about the girl possibly being her rider, Kairi swallowed hard and looked to the woman beside her. She refused to believe that that was true, but considering everything that's been happening, she couldn't prove otherwise. So with a sigh, she turned her head once more, staring into the distance.When she shook from her thoughts, Kairi looked to Winry. "Then could you come along with me?? It might help make talking to him about this alot easier for me..."

Winry looked at the girl with worry in her eyes. See, this whole time Kairi was talking about her father she never once mentioned anything remotely good about the man and infact it seemed that Kairi didn’t like her father that much. Winry on the other hand wanted to be there for her friend and new rider but she was honestly treading in new territory and didn’t know what to expect from this endeavor but instead, as unsure as she was Winry grabbed Kairi by the hand and looked into those mysterious orbs of hers that held fear and said. “Do not worry, I am your Dryyakin, I will never leave you.” Those words made Seduction a little more confident than at first and she was able to get up from the bench. “Come if we are to face my enemy we must first face yours. That one that you have to face is called fear. But I will be right here and I will help you as much as I can.”

Kairi could only nod as she stared into Winry's eyes as the being assured her things would be alright. But when told to confront her fears, the girl was hesitant to get up and move. She was not entirely ready to talk about this with her father, as much as she had to. He was always mean and downright rude, never letting her speak for herself. Although as she looked to her friend, seeing the woman determined to help her, Kairi stood to her feet and gave a weak smile."A-Alright...let's go then.."She spoke, soon leading Winry to her home.

OOC: Sorry for the late response. But I come back stronger when I am away so that my reader can have something to go by. Again, I apologize.

Getting there to Kairi's house would be no easy task. Being that Winry was weakened by her enemy she felt more like a bother than a protector. Especially now that she was in her human form, it seemed like it was all downhill from here, she worried about herself and what would happen to her clan, she wondered about Kairi and her father and what would happen to the human race if the black dragon flight would come and exact their revenge on the mortals. Her mind was not in one place, she didn’t think that she had the strength to talk to Kairi’s father, let alone explain about what and who she was.

“I feel like a hindrance, I do not mean to impose on you… I feel as though I dragged you into my issues and it seems like the more we stay together the worst things get for both you and I. I can understand if you do not wish to be my handler anymore…” There was a brief pause and Winry looked up and noticed that something smelled familiar. Another drake? No, it could not be… it felt familiar, the smell was hard to place but it seemed that she could sense it. “Your house smells of Dryyakin. Do you possess any of our orbs in your house? Is your father a collector?”

Na`ane began to fear for her safety. She had heard stories of humans making trophies out of the skin of the Dryyakin, she had heard that they wear their scales as armor and use their heads as trophies. She swallowed hard, and then she looked at Kairi, the look in her eye was the same as when Neltharaku called to her, but this time she was scared because of what was going on in her head. She feared that that scent was something dangerous, a warning maybe, something calling to her to stay away. Not knowing what to do she just looked to her handler, her friend. “We are close to your house are we not? I mean I can smell your scent but I do not know which house is yours. How about you lead the way and tell me when you get there.” She said looking away unsure of what to say next.

(who is playing the father?)

Kairi stopped when Winry began to speak of herself being a hindrance or a burden on the human, which she quickly dismissed with a smile."Do not worry Winry..Everything will be fin alright? You're not a hindrance or bother at all, we'll get through this together.."She assured the being, soon holding tightly to her friend's hand as they continued their walk. But when Winry questioned about the things that could be laid out around the house, the smile left her as she spoke."Well..their are a few..dragon heads on the walls..and he keeps some sort of orb in his room. Although I was never sure about what it was.."

"Just calm down Winry..I won't let anything happen to you, I promise you this. I won't let ANYONE take you."She spoke a bit louder this time in hopes to reach her friend and ease her stress or worry. All she could do now was led the way to her home and hope for the best.

(You can play the Father)

Fear ran over her body. A chill ran down her spine, she wanted to protest the whole trip but they were almost already half there. She let out a sigh, and then pouted. Listening to her friend, the sternness in her voice, the look in her eyes was of a determined and willful character. These characteristics were very becoming of a Dryyakin warrior. Winry looked at her and got a sense of comfort with that sentence. With her chin up and shook off her discomfort and with that she headed in the direction of the house.
“Thank you, my dear, I am sure that with you by my side anything is possible.”

Back
Top Bottom