Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Great Hall

20svebm.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name: Renee Eve Arizona Marvolo LeStrange (Renee, Eve)
House/Year: First Year
Blood Type: half-blood
Wand: 10 inch Rowan, chimera mane hair, flexible with a riding crop for its handle
Broom: (in room)
Attire: Hogwarts Uni Gryffindor uniform
Travel: n/a
Tagging: Ashley, Riku, Snape, Anyone

16lz21v.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name: Ashley Shannon Palin
House/Year: First, unsorted
Blood Type: Half-blood
Wand: Red Oak, 10 inches, Granian tail hair, supple and flexible
Broom: (if you have one on hand)
Attire: Hogwarts Ravenclaw uniform
Travel: N/A
Tagging: Renee, Riku, Snape

As Renee was eating her breakfast, looking at Snape and wondering what he was thinking about what she had just said to him, Ashley blushed a bit more. She was shocked at herself, having never been this forward before about anything. Perhaps it was being around so many confident and assertive people, but she was realizing that she was making headway with Riku. She looked down, then looked back up at her as she spoke.

"Well, I really think that we best get started on that as soon as possible. Perhaps either after lunch or right after dinner. I really would like it if we did, because I think that it would be great to get some of the.. formalities... out of the way immediately."

Ashley blushed just a bit more, as she really was hoping that Riku didn't think she was planning on jumping her right there on the first day. She was very eager to see things like what Riku's kiss was like or what her hair looked like wet, but she was holding back a lot of things in her mind as it only was the second day.

1em8le.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name:Riku Taven
House/Year:1st year/unsorted
Blood Type:Muggle Born
Wand:Maple, 9.5 inches, slightly springy and pleasant.Hair from Centaur's tail Core
Broom:Don't have one
Attire:Ravenclaw Uniform
Travel:N/A
Tagging:Ashley, Anyone

Riku smiled after Ashley spoke, "How about we do something after dinner that way we don't have to worry about being late for any classes" ,Riku stated in response blushing slightly. "That way we'll have all the time we want together". She was excited to spend some alone time with Ashley, she liked her very much and she believed the young woman felt the same way about her. Riku took a sip of orange juice then smiled at Ashley, "Is there anywhere in particular you would like to go after dinner"?

16lz21v.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

"The where I am thinking about... well, we could spend time in the Library or perhaps just a bit of quiet personal time you and I in the Ravenclaw Common room..."

Ashley is pondering, eating some of her breakfast as she does and thinking about all the places they could go to be alone. She thought of a really good idea, not knowing yet if doing so was possible. She sipped her juice while looking at Renee and Snape for a moment, then slowly speaking to Riku again.

"There is also the Cliffside Path.. and the Cove... where we most certainly can talk and be assured of some privacy..."

Ashley bit her lip, returning to her wonderful scrambled eggs.. not yet comfortable enough for the fried ones as she awaited Riku's thoughts.

1em8le.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

House/Year:1st year/unsorted
Wand:Maple, 9.5 inches, slightly springy and pleasant.Hair from Centaur's tail Core
Tagging:Ashley

"Well I've only been to the cove once and that was when we all walked up there at the beginning of the year I was a bit quiet so no one probably noticed me" ,Riku began. She let out a nervous giggle then took another sip of her juice, "I would like to go to the cove and sit by the water I find it quite beautiful and it'll probably look even prettier during the night with the moon and stars in the sky shining over the water". Riku paused for a moment a smile on her face just thinking about the sight, "So what do you think? Does that sound good"?

16lz21v.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

"Yes, Riku.. that would be perfect."

Ashley was very pleased, both with how Riku responded to her idea and to the breakfast they were having. She had never had some of the things, like deviled scrambled eggs, but she was enjoying all of it. She was keeping track of time, as she hoped Riku was as well. She was not going to be late for her first class, and she was pleased that they got to eat together, even though Renee was still eating and talking to Snape who was a bit quiet but nice all the same. As soon as both Riku and herself were done, she was going to let Renee know she would see her later. She didn't want to speak for Riku, but she suspected that the sentiment would be mutual on her side as well.

1em8le.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

House/Year:1st year/Ravenclaw
Tagging:Ashley

"Wonderful I look forward to it" ,Riku stated happily. She returned to her plate of french toast to finish up before having to go to class she looked over at Renee and Snape and smiled it was nice that most of the students were getting to know each other. "So what classes are you taking I wonder if we're in any together". It would be great if Ashley had some of the same classes as her Riku was starting to like her company very much and wanted to be around her as much as possible.

2819caa.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Name:Ryan Thomas Sullivan
House/Year:3rd Year/Slytherin
Blood Type:Full
Wand:15 inches, ivy and dragon blood
Broom:N/A
Attire:Slytherin School Uniform
Travel:None
Tagging:Emilia, Anyone

(After Charms class lunchtime)
Ryan made his way into the Great Hall and looked around he waved at a few people and stopped to say hello to a few others that were shocked he had returned. The young man got the same question nearly all morning "What made you come back" and he gave everyone the same answer. The Slytherin finally reached the Hufflepuff table and took a seat to wait for his friend to show up so that they could discuss their summers.

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Name: Emilia Jane Harrison (Em, Emmie)
House/Year: Hufflepuff/3rd Year
Blood Type: Muggle-born
Wand: Holly, 9 in, Unicorn Hair, Springy
Broom: Doesn't have one.
Attire: Hufflepuff uniform, school robes.
Travel: Not Applicable
Tagging: Anyone; Ryan

(Lunch time, after Alexander's Charms class)

Emilia pushed open the doors to the Great Hall and slowly made her way through the vast room toward her house table. Ryan had said to meet him there rather than his own and just as he'd said, he was already there waiting. She waved at him and then smiled shyly, her hands already going up to cover her mouth as she did. Once at the table she sat down beside him, swiveling her legs beneath the table and crossing them.

"So, how's your day been getting on so far?" Emilia asked as she set down her things and shimmied off her robes only to drape them over her chair. "Hopefully it's been going well."

2819caa.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Tagging:Emilia

(After Charms Class Lunchtime)

A smile came across Ryan's face as he looked up and saw his friend when she sat down next to him he looked to her. "Well my day has been interesting to say the least, I fought a teacher in my first class he knocked the wind out of me but it was nothing he took care of me afterwards" ,Ryan began. He made himself a plate of chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, and carrots as he continued. "I do have to say though Muggle Defenses is my favorite class so far I mean I do love Defense Against the Dark Arts and Flying but I think that McAllistair made a great decision when she hired Professor Braeden he knows a lot and I look forward to his Magical Law class it seems to me as if he takes things very seriously". Ryan smiled when he realized he was rambling a bit, "So how was your day so far"?

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Emilia giggled a little, her hands moving to cover her mouth. "Sounds like a good day. Magizoology was amazing! We learned all about the Hippalectryon today." She let out a tiny sigh and rested her hands upon the table as her face took on a dreamy, far off look. "But I know most find my love for the naturally strange a bit boring," she giggled as she reached for an apple that suddenly appeared on a plate. Grabbing it, she took a bite and began to munch on it a bit. "So this Professor Braeden, he seems interesting," she said. "I don't know much about him. I haven't had a chance to meet him or even see him. Our paths just haven't seemed to cross yet." She took another bite of her apple just then. After swallowing, she added, "I don't think I'm taking any of his classes this year. That's too bad. From what you say, he seems decent."

2819caa.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Ryan listened as Emilia spoke he began to eat his chicken while he listened, after she finished up he laughed a little. "Now Emilia you know I never find anything we discuss boring interesting yes but boring not at all" ,he took a sip from his glass which had fruit punch in it. "As for Professor Braeden interesting is an understatement you should see the way he works how graceful he is I mean we were sparring and he was still talking to the class he blocked every single shot I threw at him and when he knocked me down I was down for a bit I felt like I was going to die" ,Ryan stated. "He could put some of if not all of my instructors to shame easily, Oh but on a good note he wants to take me on as a tutor".

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Emilia's eyes widened as her smile grew a bit broader. "Ryan! That's wonderful news! A tutor, really!" She reached out and gently touched his arm. "You must've really impressed him and I have to say I'm not surprised." She reached for her glass of lemonade and took a sip. "You've always been rather athletic." Setting her glass down she then reached for a sandwich, ham and swiss. "I have to say, you now have me intrigued on meeting this new professor now," she added with a smile. "There's another new professor who's started as well. He's absolutely brilliant, Ryan! And his research! Just cutting edge..." her voice trailed as her thoughts wandered a little. She thought about Professor Lupin and the way it felt when his hand rested against her back. "His name is Professor Lupin. I mentioned him earlier. I'm to be working for him. Well, I hope so anyway. After last night, I'm not sure if I still am."

2819caa.jpg
zv911k.jpg

"Yes a tutor I'm quite excited myself and he is a great teacher as for impressing him I don't know I think it was more that I passed his tests during class I mean he had me pair off with him to do take downs and after we finished he tried to hit me with a back fist you know catch me off guard but I blocked it and it led to us going at it again he definitely knows how to keep one on their toes" ,Ryan took another sip from his glass before continuing. "Ah yes I remember you telling me about him and if you believe he is brilliant I'm sure he is I would love to meet him sometime perhaps you can introduce me to Professor Lupin and I'll introduce you to Professor Braeden if you'd like but be warned he does come off a bit strong" ,Ryan continued. He was interested in what type of research Emilia spoke of she was in Ryan's eyes always a bright student and whatever she helped with he was sure she would do great things for the professor she spoke of.

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Emilia nodded and smiled as she nibbled on her sandwich and sipped her lemonade. "Well, I'm curious to meet him or, at the very least, see who he is. I'm sure I will eventually over the course of the year." She giggled a little. "He'll probably scare me." She took another bite of her sandwich and giggled a little more before setting it down. "As for Lupin, I'll definitely introduce him if you'd like. He's just brilliant..." her voice trailed. "His research revolves around finding a cure for Lycanthropy! Lycanthropy, Ryan! How amazing is that?" she squeaked. "And you know me, I've always had a fascination. I mean, even last year, I had seen that flyer in Hogsdale about it and pondered the idea." Her eyes widened. "Oh get this! Turns out that flyer actually belonged to Lupin's Were Awareness Foundation! But the Ministry has been trying to shut him down..." She sighed a bit. "So unfair, so prejudiced," she mumbled as her eyes looked to her lap for a brief moment. Looking back up at Ryan, she continued, "So it had actually been on accident that I'd managed to see that flyer. Can you believe that?" She reached out to touch his arm. "But oh... he's amazing, Ryan. Just so smart..." Her expression went dreamy. "And... he loves plants..."

2819caa.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Ryan let out a small laugh when Emilia said that Professor Braeden would probably scare her, "Well he may scare you but from what I gather he scares most people" ,he stated with a smile. He listened as she told him about Professor Lupin and when she finished he smiled again, "I think that's fascinating and the fact that you're going to be involved with his research is great I'm very happy for you and I think the ministry is awful for trying to shut him down there should be more people embracing this like you are". He was happy that Emilia was helping out the professor with his research, "He sounds amazing I look forward to meeting him some time what classes does he teach"?

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Emilia blushed a bit and smiled as Ryan praised her for her involvement in the Were Awareness. It made her feel good that she could contribute, especially in something she felt strongly about. "Well, he's only an Associate since he wanted to spend most of his time doing research," she began. "Can't say I blame him there, he has so many goals it seems. But I think he's gearing towards Care of Magical Creatures as a potential permanent slot. Though I think that might be contingent on how his research fares." She gave him a smile. "However, I hope he takes it as he'd be wonderful at teaching it, I just know it. But in the mean time, they announced last night that he'd be substitute teaching for now."

2819caa.jpg
zv911k.jpg

"Ah Care of Magical Creatures I do believe I'll be taking that this year as a favor to one of my new friends who is interested in the course as well and I am slightly interested in the class seeing as I never got to take it in primary" ,Ryan began. He took another sip from his glass then a bite of food before continuing, "And if you say this professor will be wonderful at teaching it I'm positive he will be as I do trust your judgement very much" ,he said with a smile.

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Emilia nodded as she sipped her lemonade. "Yes, that's the rumor I've heard going around. I do hope they ask him as I think he'd be perfect for it," she said. "I know I'm signed up to take the class and I'd love to see how he'd teach it. I'm sure his take would be brilliant." She paused a moment to take another bite of her sandwich. "So, now that you're back and have decided to stay... any big plans for the year besides the upcoming tutoring?" she asked with a smile.

2819caa.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Ryan ate a few of his chicken nuggets then took another sip from his glass before responding, "Well I do plan on trying out for the Slytherin quidditch team again this year I do hope I get the beater position again, I met another Slytherin boy today that I think should try out as well so I'm going to talk to him and see if he'll try out with me" ,Ryan told her. "Other then that I don't think I have any other plans that I can think of, how about you? What are your plans other then helping Professor Lupin with his research"?

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Emilia giggled. "Well, I'll be cheering for you if you make it. Well, except for when you play Hufflepuff," she teased. "But I have no plans really except for the research. I'm hoping I can actually stay on over the holiday and work on it then as well... assuming Lupin still wants me to stay on... Because, well, you know how it is for me at home."

Emilia's home life wasn't the best, as her closer friends knew. Her parents more or less ignored her and favored her younger sister, Sarah-Anne, who was spoiled in more ways than one.

2819caa.jpg
zv911k.jpg

"Well I don't expect you to cheer against your own house" ,Ryan said smiling to let her know he understood. "And I sure Lupin will still have you like I've said before you are very bright and would be a great help to his research in my opinion, I'll most likely be staying here for the holidays as well I live alone now so I'd rather be here for the holidays" ,Ryan stated. He knew her home life wasn't that great and he felt bad Ryan always seen Emilia as a very kind young woman and he wished her parents would pay more attention to her. "Maybe we can hang out a bit during the holidays" ,he suggested.

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Emilia smiled. "Perhaps we could. I hear it's pretty here over the holiday and it would be nice to have a friend about. I've never stayed before, but I think it would be a good decision to do so this year." She paused and let out a tiny sigh. "I don't think they'd miss me much at home anyway." She bit down on her lip and brought a hand up to her hair only to let her fingers twist a few red strands about them. "I bet the castle is deathly quiet over the holidays," she giggled.

2819caa.jpg
zv911k.jpg

"That would be wonderful and I'll even buy you something nice for Christmas there's a few people that are getting gifts from me this year" ,Ryan began. When Emilia mentioned her family not missing her much he sighed then gave her a smile, "Well I sure would miss you if you went back home for the holidays so maybe it's good you're staying and spending time with people who thoroughly enjoy your company" ,he continued. "I bet the castle is quiet during the holidays". Ryan thought for a moment before looking at Emilia his expression told her he had an idea, "Perhaps all of the students that stayed behind for the holidays can get together and do something maybe a Christmas party or something what do you think? I would be more then happy to put some of my own money into as a matter of fact".

ev416x.png
f4hhev.gif

Emilia couldn't help but smile. That was just like Ryan to be so generous. "That would be wonderful to have a party for those of us who stayed around," she said. "And that's just like you," she added. "Always giving to others." She giggled a bit. "Sometimes I wonder if you're in the right house!" She laughed at her last statement knowing full well Ryan was a Slytherin through and through, but it was always fun to tease him nonetheless. Especially since he wasn't typical of most, which she and others had always found refreshing. "Though I do think that an outstanding idea to have a party. We should find out who will be staying and come up with ideas. I think that would be a lot of fun."

2819caa.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Ryan couldn't help but blush at Emilia's kind words, "I think we should find out who's staying behind for the holidays both student and faculty then as soon as we know we can get a small group together and plan things out and as for me being generous it's just me I've inherited a fortune from my grand father and I have to do something with it right" ,he joked. Even though Ryan had a lot of money he was neither snobby or stuck up he always wanted to reach out to others and help out wherever he could.

Back
Top Bottom