Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Opinions on drugs (and their effects)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ziros said:
CyanideDisaster said:
Well Ziros, I'm about to prove you wrong about pot heads.

I am one. I work a fantastic job at my local college, I have a professional certificate and I get paid nearly 20 dollars an hour for my work. I'm 19. I'm one of the most successful people of my age/social group, and I'm one of the biggest stoners. When I'm stoned I paint, I draw, I write, I clean, and I go out for runs in the cold because nothing makes you want to run faster than -40 degrees biting you on the ass. I'm actually stoned right now.

I work hard every day, because I'm not a dumb-ass. I smoke weed DAILY and I'm not vegging out on my couch drooling on my sweater. No, I'm up, making a pot of coffee and about to start my day. One of my closest friends' parents are stoners, and have been for over 40 years, and one is a kindergarten teacher and the other is a the IT guy for the provinces university.

Unfortunately for you you've been exposed to the worst of us. Not every stoner is a lazy asshole-- most of us aren't. But just like any other stereotype, there are those who keep it alive. So feel free to believe that we're all lazy assholes that are bringing the world to an end, but just realize somewhere in the back of your head, you might be wrong.
This doesn't prove me wrong at all. Theirs always some exceptions to the rules. But to go by statistics point that yes, Most are lazy.
And to go by my own experiances with potheads, yes, they are lazy.
Like I said. even in their propoganda, Do you see anything that says "Scientist creates high tech warp drive from smoking pot"? No.
You see potheads passed out with a bong not wanting to do shit. Hell even HOLLYWOOD portrays them as that.
Alot of people I've found who chime in saying weed should be legal are school kids who buy joints with their lunch money, then go smoke it in their garage while their parents are still at work. They don 't really see the dark side of it.
I lived in the Queens City for 6 years, I've seen weed deals go bad to the point where bullets start flying, I've seen kids skipping school to smoke a 20sac.
Hell I was even a dealer for half a yr but got out of it when I had the half-dead looking girl come up to me wanted to buy a dime off me instead of getting food for her and her kid.
I guess people just need to live in the same situation to see things the way I do.
... Hollywood? Now you're just trying to look stupid. Hollywood also portrays Canada as a Winter Shit Storm, guess what! We have seasons to. if you believe all the stupid propaganda you see on your TV than yeah, sure, you'll think pretty negatively.

Now, most deals that 'go bad' aren't weed. And if they said it was, they're fucking liars. No stoner is going to be like "Man, you don't have my weed? I guess I'll kill you." No, the guy is going to sigh and be all "Hey man, got a buddy I could pick off of then?" You are very mislead.

And the science tom-foolery you spouted out there.. no shit! It's still an illegal substance! You'd still get hucked in jail for it, that was just.. stupid.

So how long as it doesent hinder anyone else, who cares if someone wants to snort cocaine from a hooker's butt?

CyanideDisaster said:
Ziros said:
CyanideDisaster said:
Well Ziros, I'm about to prove you wrong about pot heads.

I am one. I work a fantastic job at my local college, I have a professional certificate and I get paid nearly 20 dollars an hour for my work. I'm 19. I'm one of the most successful people of my age/social group, and I'm one of the biggest stoners. When I'm stoned I paint, I draw, I write, I clean, and I go out for runs in the cold because nothing makes you want to run faster than -40 degrees biting you on the ass. I'm actually stoned right now.

I work hard every day, because I'm not a dumb-ass. I smoke weed DAILY and I'm not vegging out on my couch drooling on my sweater. No, I'm up, making a pot of coffee and about to start my day. One of my closest friends' parents are stoners, and have been for over 40 years, and one is a kindergarten teacher and the other is a the IT guy for the provinces university.

Unfortunately for you you've been exposed to the worst of us. Not every stoner is a lazy asshole-- most of us aren't. But just like any other stereotype, there are those who keep it alive. So feel free to believe that we're all lazy assholes that are bringing the world to an end, but just realize somewhere in the back of your head, you might be wrong.
This doesn't prove me wrong at all. Theirs always some exceptions to the rules. But to go by statistics point that yes, Most are lazy.
And to go by my own experiances with potheads, yes, they are lazy.
Like I said. even in their propoganda, Do you see anything that says "Scientist creates high tech warp drive from smoking pot"? No.
You see potheads passed out with a bong not wanting to do shit. Hell even HOLLYWOOD portrays them as that.
Alot of people I've found who chime in saying weed should be legal are school kids who buy joints with their lunch money, then go smoke it in their garage while their parents are still at work. They don 't really see the dark side of it.
I lived in the Queens City for 6 years, I've seen weed deals go bad to the point where bullets start flying, I've seen kids skipping school to smoke a 20sac.
Hell I was even a dealer for half a yr but got out of it when I had the half-dead looking girl come up to me wanted to buy a dime off me instead of getting food for her and her kid.
I guess people just need to live in the same situation to see things the way I do.

... Hollywood? Now you're just trying to look stupid. Hollywood also portrays Canada as a Winter Shit Storm, guess what! We have seasons to. if you believe all the stupid propaganda you see on your TV than yeah, sure, you'll think pretty negatively.

Now, most deals that 'go bad' aren't weed. And if they said it was, they're fucking liars. No stoner is going to be like "Man, you don't have my weed? I guess I'll kill you." No, the guy is going to sigh and be all "Hey man, got a buddy I could pick off of then?" You are very mislead.

And the science tom-foolery you spouted out there.. no shit! It's still an illegal substance! You'd still get hucked in jail for it, that was just.. stupid.
I don't seem to be the mislead one here at all, You do.
Theirs alot of weed supporters in Hollywood, Who make movies based on potheads to try & make them/it look harmless. Whether you want to believe it or not, Hollywood can be a powerful political factor in what they create. Sadly most of the uneducated population will latch on to anything they've told without any further study into that subject. Thats the type of audience Hollywood targets with their behind-the-curtains politics.
Video games can be the same way. The Creators of Assassin's creed 3 aren't very hidden about their dislike for America, And they admitted to sneaking in Political shots in the game.

And no, their not fucking liars. You don't think ppl are going to get pissed when they try to buy a pound of weed and someone jacks their money? Hell, 3 weeks ago in the town I live now their was a shots fired at this little diner on the corner because the Owners brother was trying to buy weed and the dealer was cutting him short.

And whats your point if it's "Still illegal"? That doesn't stop the propoganda posters. Otherwise we wouldn't see ANY weed propoganda at all. That remark was pretty stupid.

The more you talk the more I'm beginning to think you're one of those suburban kids who got high in their parent's garage I mentioned.

I never said they weren't powerful, I'm saying it's not true. In the, admittedly few, movies I've seen with weed related themes the entirety of it has been so out there and ridiculous only morons would believe it's true; Pineapple Express being the first to come to mind.

I guess it's unfortunate that you live in a shitty place where people get shot at for weed, but here in the rest of the world it's nothing like that. So go ahead and believe that weed is the epitome of evil and that all pot heads are lazy assholes with no more than 2 brain cells to rub together. And while you're doing that I'll laugh at how misinformed and how very tilted your world must be.

All in all, weed isn't half as bad as you make it out to be. Roll a joint and toke up with some friends and you'd understand.

DEALERS are a whole different story, one was feeding my sister crystals of meth, doesn't make me run around screaming that all dealers are Satan and I'll never do a drug again. My current dealer is a perfectly nice guy, has a cat, last time I visited they were watching Ted. I mean.. maybe it's the northern air up here, but people don't get killed for weed in Canada, maybe Coke or Heroine.. but weed? No, we share that shit like it's Maple Syrup.

ALSO: This is very much true.
309853_471293572930817_1771951589_n.jpg

I've been around potheads...if someone can't provide weed, they just go find it somewhere else.

Obviously, weed is scarce where you come from.

I also don't know anyone who buys a pound of weed. If you're buying that much, you're probably trying to sell it yourself.

CyanideDisaster said:
I never said they weren't powerful, I'm saying it's not true. In the, admittedly few, movies I've seen with weed related themes the entirety of it has been so out there and ridiculous only morons would believe it's true; Pineapple Express being the first to come to mind.

I guess it's unfortunate that you live in a shitty place where people get shot at for weed, but here in the rest of the world it's nothing like that. So go ahead and believe that weed is the epitome of evil and that all pot heads are lazy assholes with no more than 2 brain cells to rub together. And while you're doing that I'll laugh at how misinformed and how very tilted your world must be.

All in all, weed isn't half as bad as you make it out to be. Roll a joint and toke up with some friends and you'd understand.

DEALERS are a whole different story, one was feeding my sister crystals of meth, doesn't make me run around screaming that all dealers are Satan and I'll never do a drug again. My current dealer is a perfectly nice guy, has a cat, last time I visited they were watching Ted. I mean.. maybe it's the northern air up here, but people don't get killed for weed in Canada, maybe Coke or Heroine.. but weed? No, we share that shit like it's Maple Syrup.

ALSO: This is very much true.
309853_471293572930817_1771951589_n.jpg
Statistics released disagree with you, Weed's own propoganda disagrees with you, If everything disagrees with you but yourself are you still right? Maybe in your own little world.

I have smoked weed before. I'm not the type to diss something I haven't tried. Not only did it feel pointless, I thought to myself "Am I really trying to huff a plant? I've hit a new low"

And how does converting a pipe to a bong make them "engineers"? Thats like saying Inmates who make shanks/Breaks/Tattoo guns are engineers. Their desperate enough to smoke so their mind races to find a way how.

And your bullshitting about the "we all share" part. And just because you mentioned Canada, The country is in an economic shithole almost as bad as the U.S. And the only province that still had its head above the water is Alberta. only because of the oil sales with the U.S.
Whens the last time you heard anything productive come out of Amsterdam? Colorado? Washington state?
Hell, Even Canada?
The day the government's forced to make it legal is the day I'll lose complete faith in Humanity.

Hahvoc The Decepticon said:
I've been around potheads...if someone can't provide weed, they just go find it somewhere else.

Obviously, weed is scarce where you come from.

I also don't know anyone who buys a pound of weed. If you're buying that much, you're probably trying to sell it yourself.
Do you live in a big city? Hard to believe that you haven't heard of people buying in bulk in cities. Hell one time I sold a pound for over 2k.
He was trying to sell it off uptown tho.

Ziros talks about a lot of mysterious unsourced 'statistics'. I didn't know there were 'statistics' on Stoner Laziness, or Child Abuse for Weed.

Let me go grab some choice quotes here.

"Most people get hooked, and end up doing dumb shit like selling all they have for the next fix. They lose their job, then they have to get on welfare/government support. which leads to the common folk/government having to support them."

I don't need to tell you why this old debate fallacy of 'MOST PEOPLE' makes you sound like an idiot here, do I? I will if I have to, just let me know.

"The last thing a Government wants on its resume is a long death list from drug addicts, or a country filled with nothing but lazy potheads. It makes the government look bad. It discourages international relations, and Growth. Who's going to want to help a country full of drug addicts? Who's going to want to be allies with a country full of drug addicts?"

The Netherlands has a long tradition of social tolerance. In the 18th century, while the Dutch Reformed Church was the state religion, Catholicism, other forms of Protestantism, such as Baptists and Lutherans, and Judaism were tolerated. In the late 19th century this Dutch tradition of religious tolerance transformed into a system of pillarisation, in which religious groups coexisted separately and only interacted at the level of government. This tradition of tolerance is linked to Dutch criminal justice policies on recreational drugs, prostitution, LGBT rights, euthanasia, and abortion, which are among the most liberal in the world.

Since the Second World War the Netherlands has become a member of a large number of international organisations, most prominently the UN, NATO and the EU.

The Netherlands has the 17th largest economy in the world, and ranks 10th in GDP (nominal) per capita.

unemployment is at 4.0% of the labour force. By Eurostat standards, unemployment in the Netherlands is at 4.1% (April 2010) – the lowest rate of all European Union member states.

The Netherlands is a major producer and leading distributor of cannabis, heroin, cocaine, amphetamines[19][20] and other synthetic drugs, and a medium consumer of illicit drugs.

Get it? You're talking out your ass, and REAL sources prove you're an idiot.

"I especially hate Marijuana, and the enigma of lies around it.
People say its harmless, people say humanity would be better if it was legal. But heres the thing: Society should always be about advancement of the human race. striving to get the best, be the best.
When you see a pothead, do you SEE the best? Do you see a respectable human image? Do you see what the future should look like?"

0731-Phelps-medal-record.jpg_full_600.jpg
Michael Phelps, most decorated olympian of all time.

michael-phelps-smoking-pot-weed-marijuana.jpg
Also smokes weed.

I've got more examples of ridiculously successful people that also enjoy marijuana. Want me to go get them, or can we leave it at this singular bitchslap?

I tried to find more singular points to refute in your later posts, but all I found was "IZ BAD FUR AMURRICA AND KILLS BABIES AND ALSO ASSASSINS CREED"(???)

---

In closing...

Let me be frank. Half of your 'personal experience' isn't. It's either a story you heard once, or you watch too much Fox News. For being someone with experience dealing, you don't know ANY terminology. It's painfully obvious you've never even seen a bud, much less spent time slinging LBs. Your complete lack of education is clear - This isn't a group of conservatives that'll suck you off for agreeing with them. We KNOW you're full of shit. Apologize for your lying ways, then get the fuck back to the roleplay boards. You are out of your depth, kid.

Vic Rattlehead said:
So how long as it doesent hinder anyone else, who cares if someone wants to snort cocaine from a hooker's butt?

Because drug addictions almost always affect other people, in more ways than some may imagine.

Ms_Muffintops said:
Vic Rattlehead said:

Because drug addictions almost always affect other people, in more ways than some may imagine.

Not everyone who uses gets addicted. Hell, some people can use A LOT and never get addicted.

Trygon said:
Ziros talks about a lot of mysterious unsourced 'statistics'. I didn't know there were 'statistics' on Stoner Laziness, or Child Abuse for Weed.

Let me go grab some choice quotes here.

"Most people get hooked, and end up doing dumb shit like selling all they have for the next fix. They lose their job, then they have to get on welfare/government support. which leads to the common folk/government having to support them."

I don't need to tell you why this old debate fallacy of 'MOST PEOPLE' makes you sound like an idiot here, do I? I will if I have to, just let me know.

"The last thing a Government wants on its resume is a long death list from drug addicts, or a country filled with nothing but lazy potheads. It makes the government look bad. It discourages international relations, and Growth. Who's going to want to help a country full of drug addicts? Who's going to want to be allies with a country full of drug addicts?"

The Netherlands has a long tradition of social tolerance. In the 18th century, while the Dutch Reformed Church was the state religion, Catholicism, other forms of Protestantism, such as Baptists and Lutherans, and Judaism were tolerated. In the late 19th century this Dutch tradition of religious tolerance transformed into a system of pillarisation, in which religious groups coexisted separately and only interacted at the level of government. This tradition of tolerance is linked to Dutch criminal justice policies on recreational drugs, prostitution, LGBT rights, euthanasia, and abortion, which are among the most liberal in the world.

Since the Second World War the Netherlands has become a member of a large number of international organisations, most prominently the UN, NATO and the EU.

The Netherlands has the 17th largest economy in the world, and ranks 10th in GDP (nominal) per capita.

unemployment is at 4.0% of the labour force. By Eurostat standards, unemployment in the Netherlands is at 4.1% (April 2010) – the lowest rate of all European Union member states.

The Netherlands is a major producer and leading distributor of cannabis, heroin, cocaine, amphetamines[19][20] and other synthetic drugs, and a medium consumer of illicit drugs.

Get it? You're talking out your ass, and REAL sources prove you're an idiot.

"I especially hate Marijuana, and the enigma of lies around it.
People say its harmless, people say humanity would be better if it was legal. But heres the thing: Society should always be about advancement of the human race. striving to get the best, be the best.
When you see a pothead, do you SEE the best? Do you see a respectable human image? Do you see what the future should look like?"

0731-Phelps-medal-record.jpg_full_600.jpg
Michael Phelps, most decorated olympian of all time.

michael-phelps-smoking-pot-weed-marijuana.jpg
Also smokes weed.

I've got more examples of ridiculously successful people that also enjoy marijuana. Want me to go get them, or can we leave it at this singular bitchslap?

I tried to find more singular points to refute in your later posts, but all I found was "IZ BAD FUR AMURRICA AND KILLS BABIES AND ALSO ASSASSINS CREED"(???)

---

In closing...

Let me be frank. Half of your 'personal experience' isn't. It's either a story you heard once, or you watch too much Fox News. For being someone with experience dealing, you don't know ANY terminology. It's painfully obvious you've never even seen a bud, much less spent time slinging LBs. Your complete lack of education is clear - This isn't a group of conservatives that'll suck you off for agreeing with them. We KNOW you're full of shit. Apologize for your lying ways, then get the fuck back to the roleplay boards. You are out of your depth, kid.
LOL your best defence against my words is the NETHERLANDS? A country that got its ass kicked by the French in the 1800s, By the Nazi's during WWII, And one of the biggest liberal(the same people running our economy into the ground) countries in the world. THATS THE BEST YOU FUCKING GOT?
If you have an economy thats based off addictive drugs then fuck yes its going to prosper? KIND OF WHERE THE ADDICTION FACTOR COMES IN.
And I love that you brought up phelps, But don't mention how much respect/fans he lost because of that stunt, and how he almost lost his position.

I won't renounce my words because their the full truth. Don't believe them if you don't want too. Druggies are some of the hardest people to talk sense too. Because they truly believe what they do is right.
Post some advancements in Technology or Society from the Netherlands in the past 30 years. Not how their economy survives off addictive drugs. Then maybe you'l have a point kid.

Ziros said:
LOL your best defence against my words is the NETHERLANDS? A country that got its ass kicked by the French in the 1800s, By the Nazi's during WWII, And one of the biggest liberal(the same people running our economy into the ground) countries in the world. THATS THE BEST YOU FUCKING GOT?

Ooo, surprise! He's a racist conservative! Glad to see you dropped the illusion that you ever had a hand in drugs - By the way, I thought I was using overstatement when I said you got your facts from Fox News - Surprise! I was dead on!

Okay, okay. Anyway. So apparently victory in war determines your social worth, or something?

Joke's on you, motherfucker! Liberals are SAVING this economy~!

India, Israel, Nepal, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, and the United States. Pick one you like, they all have progressive marijuana laws. I don't know which one will pass your weird metric of being worthwhile, and rather suspect none of them will. After all, that means you LOSE!

Ziros said:
If you have an economy thats based off addictive drugs then fuck yes its going to prosper? KIND OF WHERE THE ADDICTION FACTOR COMES IN.

GDP $832.160 billion (Nominal), $694.574 billion (PPP) (2011 est.)[1]
GDP growth 1.5% (2011 est.)[2]
GDP per capita $41,949 (2011 est.)[3]
GDP by sector agriculture: 1.9%; industry: 24.4%; services: 73.7% (2009 est.)
Inflation (CPI) 2.3% (2011 est.)
Population
below poverty line 10% (2010 est.)
Gini coefficient 30.9 (2007)
Labour force 8.33 million (2009 est.)
Labour force
by occupation agriculture: 2%; industry: 18%; services: 80% (2005 est.)
Unemployment 7% (November 2012)[4]
Average gross salary 3,728 € / 5,035 $, monthly (2006)[5]
Average net salary 1,980 € / 2,673 $, monthly (2006)[5]
Main industries agriculture-related industries, metal and engineering products, electronic machinery and equipment, chemicals, petroleum, construction, microelectronics, fishing
Ease of Doing Business Rank 31st

I know you can't read any of that. It says you're an idiot bigot, and also that their main economic pillars are high-tech production. 'electronic machinery' and 'microelectrics' is computers, man. Looks like all those lazy useless potheads built the machine you use to extoll hate! Hm.

Ziros said:
And I love that you brought up phelps, But don't mention how much respect/fans he lost because of that stunt, and how he almost lost his position.
Nuh-uh. You don't get to change your point after the fact to match the new evidence. YOU SAID all potheads are lazy, useless people that never accomplish anything! YOU WERE WROOOOONNNNNNNG! Say it, motherfucker~!

http://www.veryimportantpotheads.com/histpol.html

Fucking pick one. I'm not gonna write an article for each of these, the weight of numbers speaks alone.

Ziros said:
I won't renounce my words because their the full truth. Don't believe them if you don't want too. Druggies are some of the hardest people to talk sense too. Because they truly believe what they do is right.
Post some advancements in Technology or Society from the Netherlands in the past 30 years. Not how their economy survives off addictive drugs. Then maybe you'l have a point kid.
http://www.dutchdailynews.com/netherlands-ranks-high-on-global-information-technology-report/
http://www.nfia.com/ms_technologyinfrastructure.html
http://www.technologyreview.com/featuredstory/403892/the-netherlands/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Science_and_technology_in_the_Netherlands

Before you post again, do some research. Come sourced or not at all, you incredibly shitty human being.

Drugs+are+bad+mkay.+word+word+word+word+word_b90d15_3661895.jpg

But nah, seriously......Every drug has its good and bad. It's all about responsible ownership and use.

Unfortunately, like fireworks and guns, it's the irresponsible idiots that give them a bad name

Then again, they don't all chemically work the same. You can drink responsibly, marijuana... I don't even know if there is a way to do that irresponsibly, except maybe put yourself in a situation that is bad for you personally while high (I've had friends say when they're high, they get paranoid and jumpy). But what about other drugs?

You can have a drink a day, and never get addicted. You can smoke a joint every day and never get addicted. But if you smoke crack everyday, you will get addicted. UNLESS you are smart and stop the second your usual amount stops getting you high. But either way, having a drink every day won't do much to your body. In fact, many sources suggest having a drink a day--- a beer, or a glass of wine. And smoking a joint every day won't do much to you (though I've heard prolonged use does affect certain aspects of your memory).

But with crack, if you smoke it once a day, you will get addicted. Crack conceals Dopamine that is produced and creates a high when the brain is overloaded with Dopamine, and after regular use, the brain slows (or sometimes out-right kills) the production of Dopamine and rewires itself and associates with the drug when it comes to creating Dopamine.

This is why I always suggest staying away from anything if you're using it to gain, substitute, or overkill something. I'm okay with certain cases, like example, my friend's dad has a health condition that kills his appetite. He will NOT get hungry unless he smokes. Unless it's herbal/natural, or prescribed and taken in safe doses, I don't approve of it.

He is my take on drugs and how people use it. People who don't do drugs will say that it hurts brain cells make you lazy and changes you as a person. People on drugs say that they need it and that they work just fine if not better. The fact of the matter is that as long as people are crazy enough to try anything drugs will always be in no matter where you go. If you ban weed kids will sniff whatever they could get there hands on. Glue, paint, the gas in whipped cream bottles. I don't have anything bad to say about weed cause a lot of my friends are on weed even my cousin which I like him better when he is high. Life is hard and a lot of people have something in there life that makes it bearable and it doesn't have to be drugs it just drugs were quick easy choice for them. If you going to do drugs know your limits and know when to say help

I am not going to use the typical path here to comment on this, but a number of years ago, Bill Cosby commented on the taking of drugs that bears repeating.

"What makes it so wonderful?"

"Well..um.. it intensifies your personality."

"Yes.. but what if you're an asshole???"

The matter of "intensifying" a personality that is already repugnant, just as of making people do things that normally they would have the self-discipline not to do cannot be ignored as far as the affects of drugs are concerned. There are drugs that need prescription because of how they affect brain chemistry, and I think that ANY substance that affects the brain as severely or intensely as MOST controlled substances do need to be controlled more than they are.

However, to give a few arguments that I know FOR FACT FROM PERSONAL OBSERVATION are true.

"Weed isn't a drug.. it's a plant! It grows that way! And if you should HAPPEN to set it on fire... their are some affects! When you hit a blunt there are four affects: Happy, Hungry, Horny, Sleepy. That's it!!" - Kat Williams

"Marijuana enhances many things: colors, tastes, sensations.. but you certainly are not FUCKING EMPOWERED!! The only way you are empowered is if you see a human sized Hershey bar at the end of your run!!" Robin Williams.

Razgriz said:
Drugs+are+bad+mkay.+word+word+word+word+word_b90d15_3661895.jpg

But nah, seriously......Every drug has its good and bad. It's all about responsible ownership and use.

Unfortunately, like fireworks and guns, it's the irresponsible idiots that give them a bad name

I agree totally with you, Raz.

Also, Trygon, and I am not being disrespectful as I do respect the roots and foundations of your opinion.. but quoting or even mentioning Michael Phelps, a narcissistic ass who deserves the Armstrong treatment on that basis alone, isn't really helping you there.

What those two athletes did were two COMPLETELY different things. Marijuana gives you no physical enhancements or advantages as an athlete. Lance Armstrong did it just so he could get an advantage and perform better. Phelps owned up to what he did. Lance Armstrong fucking sued people who accused him of using performance enhancement drugs (and they were right!). Lance Armstrong did this for over 10 years and the only reason he owned up to it was because they decided to test old urine samples for a drug they hadn't yet thought to test for back in the 90s and early 2000s. And he was caught.

Ms_Muffintops said:
What those two athletes did were two COMPLETELY different things. Marijuana gives you no physical enhancements or advantages as an athlete. Lance Armstrong did it just so he could get an advantage and perform better. Phelps owned up to what he did. Lance Armstrong fucking sued people who accused him of using performance enhancement drugs (and they were right!). Lance Armstrong did this for over 10 years and the only reason he owned up to it was because they decided to test old urine samples for a drug they hadn't yet thought to test for back in the 90s and early 2000s. And he was caught.

I will grant you that.. but behind ego that size there is always two things... something other than ability behind it... and a price to be paid. That is all I am saying. While MJ is still not as bad as PHDs... it is still something he is/was not supposed to be doing. I have learned myself that admitting it is one thing, but it means nothing if you keep doing it. Just because I don't see Marijuana on the same level as roids, cocaine, and the like doesn't mean he should not be penalized. I think it is STUPID, but still.. it is the law/rules that he wasn't supposed to be doing it. Also, if they are going to do retroactive on Lance... who is to stop them from doing it to much more worthy of what they won athletes? That is another point of the argument.. should someone be penalized THAT LONG afterward?

And as I need to divorce the two... I was not talking about Phelps marjuana use, but his behavior as a human being.

Trygon said:
ha ha ha what he's the best athlete in HUMAN HISTORY dude is entitled to whatever ego he wants.

No.. there are athletes who are just as good as he is, Trygon. He is not the best in all of HUMAN HISTORY... no. NO ONE deserves that much of an ego.. not to treat other athletes who are on your level (sorry.. ALL Olympians are the same level, and from there it is a mix of luck, drive, and skill, but luck has more to do with it with everyone at the same level) like crap. We will just agree to disagree.

All right, I think this thread has long gone off topic and been derailed and as such has bit the dust. Say bye-bye. May it rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom