Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Controlling Fear (Swordsman18 & Babette)

Misty peered through barely open eyelids at the sight of her brother at the foot of her bed. It felt odd for him to be sitting there. Last thing she remembered was Fear holding her. Her mind drifted between waking and deep thoughts. Her heart skipped a beat as she thought something terrible must have happened for Robert to be sitting here like he was. Before she could question him he told her that a squirrel had been in her bed with her. She stretched out her arms and yawned.

She quickly grabbed the blanket and tossed it over her head, "Oh Robert, you are blinding me. 10:30!? Oh I should have been up hours ago. Thank you Robert. Did everyone get their breakfast? I don't ever sleep this late, it is appreciated however, thank you dear heart." Misty sat up and planted her feet on the floor. "You seem very happy today Robert. What is it that has made you this way? Did you meet a girl at the party?" she smiled then reached for her robe on the chair by her dresser.

"Robert, no you never told me that before. You are so sweet dear brother. I love you so much. We aren't just siblings, we are each other's soul mates. I don't mean that in an intimate way, but we have always been here for one another, through childhood cut knees, stories we made up as we built fortresses in the woods." She hugged Robert as she spoke. "I don't know what I would do without you near. I am so glad to have you home again."

"I am glad to be back as well sweet dear. Yes, everyone ate and we thought it was best just to let you sleep in. You are a beautiful sleeper my dear sister." Robert came over to his sister and then gave her a soft kiss on the cheek with a smile on his face. "But dear, today is your day to take it easy. I do not want to see cooking or being on your feet unless it is to do something that you want to do. And that is an order sweetie." A joke and a smile, he got up to leave his sister's room to let her get rest and do whatever it was that she wanted to do.

At the same time, a dark squirrel weaseled its way between his legs to get into the room undetected. Many people did not look down when they were walking and as usual, he exploited that fact so that he could get into the room. Once the door closed, he was in the room with her alone.

Using speed and with a little help from his animal claws, he managed to clambered up onto the bed with its soft blue sheets with a dark royal blue comforter. "Hey sexy girl. How did you sleep? Good I am sure. And yes before you ask, I was involved in you sleeping later."

Misty smiled brightly, "I am glad that you all have given me a day to myself, that is so sweet, dear brother. You won't hear a peep out of me all day." She looked back at the window, "Though there is a nice breeze it would be a shame not to put some laundry out to dry in the air." As soon as he issued his order of the day, she answered laughing and a half attempt of a hand salute, "Aye, aye Captain, your orders will be carried out as directed. Surely don't wish to stay in the brig all day for disobeying."

She saw a little dark figure scooting across the floor as Robert left. She was still grinning when he climbed up on the bed. "Hey sweet friend, I slept wonderfully. Robert saw you in bed with me and thought it was rather cute. I don't remember ever sleeping so good, thank you. Now do tell me what mischief you have done to get me a day of extra long sleep and a day off. I know your hand or paw was in it, so spill the beans, and come snuggle up with me on my pillow."

Misty took off her robe and tossed it back on the chair, she stretched and laid back down pulling her comforter over her facing the squirrel. She yawned and then said softly, "I'm listening."

"I did not do anything to cause this. They wanted to show you their appreciation and let you sleep in." He smiled, as he turned into a full grown man in a fine black suit. But he did not do as she asked with him standing up beside the bed instead of getting into it with her. "She is no longer in jail. At the moment, she is likely building up her power so that she come back here for quite the assault. From what I have seen of her she is not one to be subtle."

He walked over to the window, looking out to the street watching all the people going about their lives. All seemed to be normal, nothing was out of place. Fear had contacted the Police only to find that she was out on bail already. Soon, in a day or so, she was going to be here to kill everyone likely with a posse that were under her control. And he was not going to let her catch Misty by surprise.

He looked from the bed over to Misty. "I am going to need to increase your powers to degrees that I know you are afraid of reaching. But see that is a deeply ingrained fear. You and I are going to have to work it out Misty so no more lying in bed, there is work to be done." He snapped his fingers and then pulled the bed covers from her bed while smiling at her.

"I see, there is a first for everything," she smiled back at him and then looked surprised when he pulled her covers off. "How is it she is out of jail so soon? She was arrested with intent to do bodily harm, had a weapon.. I don't get it, why she is out." Misty got out of bed looking worried and frightened. This was all moving so fast. She wasn't prepared in her mind that her life was going to never be the same after this. "What do I have to do? What are you going to do to me?"

Suddenly it came full throttle that this thing, this entity ..a woman of the purest form of evil was going to try to take their lives. Not just Fear's or hers, but anyone she could get too. "I won't lie, I am terrified, but whatever you have to do, whatever you need me to do, let me get dressed and then I shall be ready, I suppose." She looked around her room. It was homey and warm and familiar.

"Fear, if I change, will I still be me? Or if I die, will you tell Robert about you, about us? Why or how I died, I don't know how to tell him if I change or if I die, I won't be here to tell anyone." She looked sad and concerned about the near future. "Will you do all you can to take my life if by chance she dies and I get her evil powers? Promise me you will. Promise?"

"That is a hard promise. But I think that I can give you that promise. I do not think that it will come to that. Even if you get her powers I can teach you to control them." He walked over to the door, his outfit shifting to a black vest with a pair of black jeans. "We need to teach you about battling us. "By the way, just call me Dugan." he left the door open as he stepped into the hallway. His abilities allowed him to know just exactly where everyone in the house was so that he was not going to run into them. "Misty we are going to need to somewhere that you have not been before."

When he got out down the stairs, he carefully navigated his way to the back yard where there was a very odd symbol that had been written on the ground. Unlike what she would have seen in pictures of the occult or other things, it was not a pentagram. Instead it was a very intricate symbol that seemed to not have any straight lines. One could ask when he had time to draw it out on the grass. Yet the even larger question was how no one seemed to notice it.

Even if they looked outside, they would not see it. Just like him, it seemed to be special and unseeable by anyone that he did not want to see it. Though when Misty looked at it, the symbol would glow underneath him as he stood in the center.

Misty listened to his promise. It was vague or maybe it was that he didn't know for sure. She wanted to believe he could teach her to control those powers that the evil entity had. Biting her lower lip as he once again changed before her very eyes. She wasn't sure she would ever get used to seeing him do that. Knowing his name 'Dugan' brought a small smile to her face as she remembered a play that her children did at school involving an Irishman and a leprechaun. With cardboard swords and a chase after the 'bad guys' in the play. She knew the battle Dugan spoke of was going to be real and not full of kids shaking cardboard swords about.

Shaking her head she cleared her thoughts and pulled on a pair of jeans. Waiting for him to leave the room while she pulled off her nightie and finished getting dressed. Fully dressed with proper shoes she bounded down the stairs thinking about a place she had never been before. She had been to a few places out of town but no where long distance.

Her eyes pierced the circle of curves Dugan was standing on and she frowned. Underneath was a strange soft glow. It seemed their was more to learn about the entity Fear/Dugan. Her eyes lifting off the ground slowly looking up to him. Questions floated in the back of her mind none important enough to be asked of him. She was positive he could read her every thought anyways. "Alright Dugan, I am here, teach me to do battle."

Back
Top Bottom