Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Controlling Fear (Swordsman18 & Babette)

The man could not hold it together as his dead girlfriend continued to taunt and harass him, he eventually admitted his crime to the police and thus the entity moved on much as he always did to the next thing that would set the world to continue to spin along its axis. There was a person in a house that was plotting something, something that was devious and would set things on a path that the entity did not want nor enjoy so he set about his way heading into this house where he found the man sitting on his bed with a rifle at his side. There were pictures of his family adorning the walls, the night stand, and the closet doors that were just before the man.

"Hello John." The entity said as it took the form of a businessman much like the one that he had taken when Misty had first met him about 6 months. He smiled at the man then took the rifle away in a swift motion before he took out the clip and expelled the one from the chamber. "Yes?"

"John, I can't have you go around thinking that it is the world's fault that your family died in that car crash. I can't have you plotting to kill others just because of an accident. You need help John." He spoke plainly in a very professional voice before he picked up the bullet and the magazine. The man looked at him with this surprised rage as he looked from the gun to the man that stood before him. "How!? Why the hell are you here? Are you a hallucination!?" John was yelling at the entity and the thing just stared back at him with dark brown eyes that said that he was not all that worried but the man's anger.

"John, if you pick up the phone right now and call the hospital asking to be admitted to the psych ward, I will not have to do something that even in your particularly angry state that you will not like." He once again spoke with an even tone in his voice as he looked at the man that was exceptionally angry. "I will avenge them!" The man said as he jumped up to punch the entity in the face yet the punch was caught and held back with ease, as if he was not even trying. "No, John you are going to be getting some help." He gripped the man's fist and then puns him to pin the man's arm behind his back. The form of the entity changed to that of a police officer where he used handcuffs to cuff John's hands behind his back. "This is Sargent Carter, I have a psychotic break over here at the address of 352 Maple, I need some backup."

The month of May had finally arrived. Much excitement flowed around the Lane household. Connie would be graduating from high school in June. Misty is very proud of her younger sister. The news of Connie’s acceptance into college buzzed all through their home. This would make three full generations of teachers. Her grandmother taught at the blind school when her mother was just a child. Her mother taught at the school Misty is now teaching at and Connie would be going to the same college Misty went too.

Connie excelled in the subject of art among many other subjects and she wants to go to college to become an art teacher for the physically challenged. She knew she would do well as Connie had been volunteering her time for the past several weeks at the Children’s Colorama Art Studio helping the children develop new skills to make life less complicated.

It had been years since the whole community had done anything together as far as any big celebrations were concerned. First she went to Robert asking his opinion of her idea and then both together went to see their parents. They both corralled them in the kitchen like they did when they were children when they wanted something specific and neither had time to listen for what ever reason.

Misty stood in front of her mother and Robert who was now a good foot taller than their father stretched out his arms wide and told him, “That’s far enough Father, now you just have a seat and we will get along fine.” His smile was friendly and he looked over at Misty. “Did I do good, Sis?” Misty laughed as did her mother and their father gave them both a shake of his head and a sigh. He knew what this meant so he took a chair and pulled it out and had a seat, looking at his grown children remembering when they were little hounding him and their mother until they got their point across.

“Whatever it is the Lane children usually gets. I can see by the looks on both your faces there’s something stirring and it isn’t a small matter. What I want to know is... is this the way to treat your old parents, to corral them like wild ponies?” he asked with a chuckle. “Alright Misty, out with it, I can see you are busting to spill the beans, you have our attention.”

She stood asking the girls who were in the next room to come join them at the table. “I would like us all to pitch in and throw a party like your father did Dad, in his days when this farm was full capacity. Now what I have in mind is a community gathering. This would include a dance in the barn, all types of food and beverages would be brought in by anyone who signed up for this celebration. Now hear me out before you decide anything, please.” Misty looked at everyone.

“What I see is that with the town’s people have been like us so many years, a quiet town no one doing anything spectacular for years. Graduating Seniors, Robert came home alive and the fourth of July is coming up fast. Connie is our budding artist, Krissy is our champion skateboarder. What I thought to cut costs was to have Krissy deliver flyers that Connie designs to our local businesses. On the bottom of the flyer will be a request from each business to donate something for the community."

She took a breath seeing she had everyone's attention and continued, "We have ample room for a pig roast and the volunteer fireman put on a chicken barbecue every fourth of July. Why not invite them to our yard to make the barbecue chicken this year, we have plenty of room for parking in the old pasture. Robert has agreed to help me get the barn ready. And Dad, you and your friends are great musicians you just need a little practice.” Misty winked at her mother. “Mom, you make the best pies around, just think how much happiness this could bring the whole community if we all pitched in. Just think about it and let us know soon, okay?”

There was a darkness flowing into the town, one that made the entity stop and wonder its source. For the energy that was being left off was familiar but he was not sure why. Usually there was a time where darkness appeared naturally but this was not that time of year, this was something else entirely it was flowing from somewhere. He began to follow the trail of the strongest darkness till he arrived at a house a block away from what could be heard were the sounds of a party. All of the lights were off in this house, with the place giving off an eerie aura since there seemed to be no movement inside either. He knew that whatever was producing the darkness at this point was not human, for if it was human they would be dead as the body can only contain so much darkness before it literally breaks down the form.

He took a step forward to this large aura of darkness, feeling its presence around him. When he felt the interaction of energy with his own, he knew why it was familiar. This was the aura of an Other like him, but this was not a neutral or good Other like himself, this thing was pure evil. He shuddered to think of what occurred to the people inside of that house but whatever had happened it was not pretty. A long heavy sword appeared in the entity's hand. He looked over to the place and charged for he was not going to let someone that was that powerful live in his city for it was likely going to be the beginning of something horrible for the residents.

What he had not counted on was that the darkness he was fighting knew he was there so the moment he charged the door a slender foot wearing heels kicked him out of the front door and into the middle of the street. A very pale dark haired woman stood in the doorway, with the only thing not being black and white were her bright red lips that had lipstick upon them. "It has been a while since I met one of my kind. Your energy is fear isn't it? I can tell."

The man stood up in the street still gripping his sword, he was going to kill this Other. She did not deserve to spread her darkness the way that she was. "I am assuming that you are lust are you not?" He asked her. "Yes, however I am not only lust, I am also violence. I am sure that you know how that happened." He knew, she had killed another Other and took their energy allowing her to acquire both her and their types.

"I do, now leave this town and do not come back, this will be your last warning."

"Fear would be a great addition to my power don't you think?" She asked as he looked at her nails before teleporting next to him and then kicking him down the street. He landed hard at the end of the street ending up on the lawn of the house where the party was going on, and he could then detect it. The Special was here. He stood up and readied him when the dark woman charged him again with him blocking her blows before hitting her a couple of times. She was faster and stronger than he was, but he was compensating by enhancing himself with his reserves. He knocked her away into the side of a nearby house which she burst through. He on the other hand turned into a black cat and wandered into the party.

Connie and Krissy were very excited. A party, and to be a major part of getting invitations out, made them both feel really honored. They loved the chance to be a part of something that included the whole town. They both agreed to help and got to work immediately on the design of the flyer.

flyer2.jpg

Everything happened quickly after that from cleaning the barn to Jonathan Lane getting his friends together to practice all kinds of music from the youngest generation to the oldest. Their would be dancing for all ages. Marge Lane called friends she hadn’t talked to in ages getting back into the swing of things she organized a pie contest so she would not have so much baking to do. Feeding a whole town would be a task for one, especially at her age.

The day of the party arrived and everything looked great. The Lane household was up early for breakfast to help with any last minute details before people started arriving. The local churches donated 52 tables and 1,000 folding chairs. The bank furnished 2 roasting Pigs and all the chickens for the BBQ. Marge made 10 pies, 18 dozen assorted cookies and Jonathan was smacked a few time for getting too close to her baked goods by Marge. He finally went outside to get away from all the hustle and bustle of the family.

At 2PM almost everyone from town had arrived. Robert met his buddies from high school that had made it home years before he did and it was a joyous reunion. Misty went around and welcomed everyone personally. She was very happy to see those arrive that she had known all her life. With her dad’s friends playing a variety of music she heard him start her favorite dance song ‘The Tennessee Waltz.’ She looked around and saw Robert who was looking directly at her.

The dance floor was empty except him alone standing there. She walked up taking his hand and they danced together, just them until the last chorus and many others joined them on the dance floor. It was a sight to behold.

Krissy was standing by the barn door when she noticed a black cat. She had always wanted a cat and she walked up behind it and scooped him in her arms. “Pretty kitty,” she smiled and massaged his neck and back. She took it outside with her and sat down on the grass petting him and hoping he would stick around as she had never seen him before. She walked over by one of the firemen and asked for a cooled piece of chicken without any bones in it to see if the kitty would be hungry and let him have it.

Being petted by a pretty girl was not a bad way to spend his last few moments but then the whole point was to not make these his last few moments, he needed the Special, the girl that he knew could help him. By the time she had returned with the chicken the kitty was gone on a hunt for the girl that had real power not just fine touches. From a kitty, he turned into a black squirrel when he spotted Misty's leg. And then he went for it, running up her leg under her dress to her collar where he started to speak into her ear. "I need your help." His voice was the same as it was the last they spoke but this time it had a hint of desperation in it. "This is not one of those I did something for you so I need you to do something for me kind of things, I literally need your help. There is another person like me in this town that loves to hurt people not help them. And she has killed someone like me before. So Misty to save this town and me, I need your help."

No one else at the party could hear the squirrel and to everyone else all the squirrel was doing was perching itself half in and out of her dress just standing there looking curiously at her ear opening and closing its mouth somewhat.

Misty was more than a little surprised to feel her leg being used for a small sapling as this creature scrambled up her leg. Between being caught off guard and feeling his tiny claws on her leg she let out a soft squeal with a look of surprise. The tiny head of a black Canadian squirrel appeared much to her surprise and amusement.

With her eyes looking out the corners and her head tilted to one side here was this cute critter looking at her. She recognized his voice immediately. “Don’t anybody hit at me, I can take care of Simon, myself, I think we all scared him. He is my pet squirrel. Everybody enjoy yourselves. I shall be back soon.” With that said she headed back to the house, talking softly to him.

“I had to say something to get their attention off of you,” she said calmly. “What ever you need, you can count on me to help. I just don’t know what it is I can do, other than to safe house you here as a boarder. Somehow I don’t think that is what you need. Is it?”

"I may need shelter but I need you to use your powers on her to help kill her, she is a force that is evil and malicious. I do not ask for her death lightly." He told her quietly as he moved so that his claws were not digging into her shoulder. It did not want to hurt her or give her discomfort, especially if she was going to help him with this. Like an animal, he then licked at her neck softly, his soft tongue running along her flesh like any pet would.

In the party there was a girl who began to draw a lot of attention, she was wearing a small black dress and heels. Her hair was filled with wavy blonde curls. Her walk was very sensuous and she smiled at all those around her that just seemed to draw their eyes and looks to her tight, youthful body. Blue eyes were searching around for someone, even looking away when someone approached her. Her hunt was obvious though most assumed that she was looking for sex with a certain man, yet there was a bit too much of a predatory look in her eyes as she hunted.

Her approach could be felt in the air, and if Misty was listening with her mind she would hear her "Oh he ran, hiding among the cattle. I will find him and then take his source into me to join fear as a source of my power."

Misty knew exactly what he meant and she agreed to help him. She would have cuddled him for that little lick, it made her smile briefly, however the time was not now as his life was being held in the balance. He had saved her brother’s life and she owed it to him to help him save his own. She would have anyways, even if they had never met in that capacity.

Misty unzipped the top part of her dress and leaned over next to her tall dresser to let him out of his awkward position at the moment plus his tail was lying directly between her breast which tickled and she was trying hard not to laugh in this very serious moment.

“Tell me how we can help you. I really don’t know that we can, but I do my best for you. I didn’t think someone like you who is so kind would have enemies. I see that is far from the case.” Misty turned towards the direction of the barn, listening.

“She is here in the barn searching for you. Look, I don’t even know your name, but I have a little black box in the wall just big enough for you squirrel size, the walls are thick, there is ample air. She showed it to him behind the wall panel. It will keep you safe for the time being, if need be. It was made by Robert for me when I wanted a pet mouse in my younger years. Mother said no. It is totally sound proof and nothing could gnaw into or out of it.”

She turned back to him with compassion in her face. “What can we do, to keep you safe from her, from that evil. It isn’t just you, the whole town is in danger.”

"You will need my help, it is best that I do not just get placed away from you. She is a killer and would very willingly kill everyone here in a search to find me. We need to kill her. I know for a human that is a tall order, but we have to or we will all die anyway." When you are a squirrel being serious or even being taken seriously can be quite a chore. He hoped that Misty would look past his squirrel exterior to see just how serious he was about all of this. Safety for the moment was not something that he could afford even though it would be something that he would really like.

He turned to look in the direction of the evil aura that was making its way ever closer. "Your powers can make an entity self-destruct or die just by making them think that way. At the moment though, I think she is pretty focused so it will be hard to do. What you will need is a distraction and one I can readily provide. The squirrel then grew into a full blown teenager to young adult human with dark longish hair, very dark brown eyes, pale skin with black clothing on.

"If she wants to mess with fear itself, then she will get her fill of the feeling!" He pulled a gun from his pocket and looked at it for a couple of moments before pocketing it and then starting to head in the direction of the murderer. "Get into her thoughts as soon as you have a clear shot."

Misty looked at the squirrel with an astonished look. She knew the dangers and she knew he would not be here if the situation was in his control. Killing a human being was just so wrong, but this thing out there was no where near human.

"I will do whatever it takes to help. You have done everything to help us, it is only right we help you now. I wasn't aware that my power was lethal to anyone. It was Robert who taught me so much. I never considered using it against another in an evil way."

She watched him grow in amazement into a handsome young boy. The gun he produced caused her to shudder. "You are going to kill her with a gun? Oh, I don't know, what will that do but cause more fear among everyone here? A gunshot at a party? Oh, help me out here, tell me how to help you. I can't go out there feeling this way. She will sense it. Just calm me like you did Robert, and help me help you the way I need too."

Misty paced back and forth looking at him, running her hands through her hair. This was not the way she had planned the day, and yet never saw anything bad coming out here until now. She looked into his eyes pleading. "Just touch me and take the anxiety away. I know you can do it. Then I will help you any way I am able."

"You are a Special, I can't use my abilities on you like that. All it would do is last even shorter than you think." He told her as he moved passed a couple of the other party goers. His plan was not to shoot her in front of all these people, he just wanted the thought of him shooting her to be in the girl's mind. To beat her, he was going to need to inspire her to feel fear. Misty was giving him some power from her fear but he wanted more and needed it so that he could use it as a weapon against the evil that was making its way into his town.

The thing that Misty was not seeing was the fact that there was a badge on his belt as he walked through the party, and it would pass an inspection by even a fellow officer so for all intents and purposes, he was a cop for the moment. He was an enigma but he was not going to cause her more problems than was necessary. He looked through the crowd to see that the girl was staring back at him.

"I will kill you." She mouthed at him as she started to make her way closer. "We will see who will win." He pulled his wallet from his pocket and waved it in the air. "I am Detective Dover, I am here to arrest this lady, please clear a space for me" People around them started to do just that so that he could get closer to her and she just looked to be angry. "Fuck you, Dover." A knife appeared in her hand with her swiping at him, he dodged out of the way as he pulled out his gun. "Put the knife down and put your hands over your head."

Misty watched as the evil women showed her vile hatred towards the young officer who moments ago was a teenager. She thought only about the woman and choking the life out of her words, mainly concentrating on the knife in her hand, the muscles in each of her fingers cramping as the blood flow ceased to run through the veins in her hand that held the knife.

Even in a borrowed body something was flowing in those veins and she thought of ice like blood freezing causing excruciating pain with awful finger cramps. She no longer looked at the officer or the woman, she felt herself inside her head not allowing a single thought to pass through this evil entity's mind.

For the first time since this morning no thoughts of anything else was filling Misty's mind except to be rid of the evil that was stinking like old garbage. The very smell of evil was harsh and vile. Misty continued to fill evils mind with confusing thoughts and tormenting her with everything she had. There was no room for her kind here, and she was far from welcome.

She is not able to resist when he pretends to arrest her, taking the knife from her hand and then dragging her away from the party. The whole while she was looking up at him with darkness in her eyes, she knew that he was getting help from someone in order to handle her like this. But soon they were going to be out of range of Misty which was likely going to make it so that the fight between them was going to resume but things did not proceed as she had planned for once they were at the limit of Misty's range, he put cuffs on her and an actual cop car arrived with him placing her inside of it to send her to jail for the night.

He then went back towards the party so that he was going to be able to talk to Misty about all that was going on, since all he could do was to delay her for now but that they were going to need to dish out a more permanent solution if they were going to solve anything about the whole thing.

'Misty we are going to need to kill her. We have no real choice in the matter."

Misty watched him take her without an incident of gunfire. She watched them both through her peripheral vision as she continued to send crazy insignificant thoughts toward that woman's mind. She then scolded herself for even thinking that thing could even be a woman, female maybe, but she was hideous and vile. Destruction was more like her description. The man himself that helped her brother was also no man, though he was masculine, "what are you, exactly?" she thought.

The police car drove off with that thing in the back seat. She headed back to the tables to see if anything was needed from in the house. Seeing the sweet tea was almost empty she headed to the house to make some more. This would be the best place to talk without prying eyes and ears. She looked over at him and nodded. "I know. Please carry this jug into the house with me while we talk, everyone here will think nothing of a guy helping me out with the tea jug, and we can talk privately in the kitchen. Listen, if someone comes in, can I introduce you as John Smith? You need a name."

There was a smile on his face as he walked towards the kitchen with the jug in his hand but it seemed like he felt there was a much better way to communicate as she felt the feeling of small nails making their way up the back of her leg as the black squirrel once more climbed up her dress to rest on her shoulder. Before he had changed the jug was already safely resting on the counter, but there was no cop in the kitchen from what everyone saw. Most had seen him go to the side and then he was gone but it seemed after that whole tense moment that her squirrel had returned to her.

"We will not be interrupted this way either, so what did you need to know?" He asked as the squirrel body that he was in was licking along her neck with the tongue that was not completely soft and silky with a slight prickly feeling to it. His claws were easily balancing atop her shoulders so that he was not applying all that much pressure into them to make it somewhat comfortable for him to be there.

Misty was making small talk to him until she made it to the house. Suddenly feeling his tiny feet climbing up the back of her legs over her lacy panties that covered her bottom then up her back to her shoulder. His feet touched a sensitive part of her back just under her right shoulder blade that made her wiggle strangely. The grin that cross her face as he licked along her once again was quite noticeable. For a moment she just stood there smiling like a Cheshire cat all thoughts and questions seeming to vanish.

"Know? Know what? Oh! oh that, yes." She grinned again reaching up to him as she petted the little squirrel softly from the top of his head between his little ears down to his fluffy tail. "Five minutes of this in a comfy chair with you nestled right there, I could drift off to sleep no problem. Sadly, this isn't the time for such comforts, so on to the business at hand, Mr... Squirrel. You said we need to kill her. Just tell me what I need to do to keep you alive and safe. I will do exactly as you need me to do. Killing someone I could not do, but killing some thing that only means harm to those I care about is something altogether different."

"I am going to be hanging around here for awhile, I will likely need to be with you just as a protection of sorts as she is going to come after you because you were helping me. I think the easiest way to do this is to be this squirrel form since I am going to be able to be with you and no one can really say anything." He told her as he had a bit of squirrel smile on his face as he sat on her shoulder. "Do not worry, we will be able to get you all comfy." His small feet adjusted, massaging along her skin as he moved them.

"We may need to trap her somewhere if we are not going to avoid killing her. Best way to do it is to bury her underground.' He was thinking about the best way to trap a Special forever, for one he was going to have to drain her energy down to nearly nothing before he was going to need to pin her underground.

In the jail, the woman that was now locked there had just finished giving one of the man some oral, sitting there on the metal bench with a smug look on her face as she had a near complete recharge of here energy but she was not going to kill everyone in the jail just to go hunting down Fear.

"Yes, I see the wisdom in what you are saying. Mother and Dad are used to me bringing critters into my room from early age to last year. Nothing much disturbs them unless Mother finds the critter on her kitchen counters. Then out comes the broom, you have been warned," she said with a smirk then tilted her head slightly to the right as his little feet worked their magic relieving the stress in her lower neck and shoulder.

"You know squirrel, my grandpa was a kind of strange bird in his time. He and some friends dug a tunnel back in the 40's from one of the fishing lakes with hopes the fish would make it under the barn and they could use the small trap doors for winter fishing. As it was, once it was completed and they finished digging the other end to let the water in, it all collapsed. They filled the tunnel in with cement and rubble rock to keep the barn from shifting."

She smiled softly remembering her Dad telling stories of his father to her and Robert. "It wasn't the brightest idea in the mind of my grandfather. There is no way out of that mess now except for the hidden doors in the barn floor. If we could lure her down there somehow...?"

"It could be arranged but it would be difficult to say the least." He told her as he thought on the matter, getting below the barn was not going to be hard for a squirrel but when she was going to come back here, it wasn't. She was going to come with power, likely enough to cleave the barn in half if she wished. She had the power of two sources on her side while he only had one and if he was going to remain here at Misty's house he was not going to get much of it either.

"I will not be on the counters, but you are going to need to come with me to some places while she acquires power her way. Lust and Violence are two things that tie into each other a little too well. And if she got my source, she would likely not need to be hidden as we usually are. She could kill people just for fun. And this is not even talking about taking over as there would be no one to stop her."

He moved on her shoulder to kind of a laying position with his tail swishing along her neck.

"Up until that day in the park, when it appeared to be sunset, then when I came out of the park it was still quite sunny. Everything changed that day. I can't say I understand all these forces and for the most part it is just plain odd. At first I thought you were a figment of my imagination, until you showed up in Robert's room."

She thought about everything he was telling her. Death, it was so final, killing someone was so far from all she had been taught. Killing evil was something she never even considered, let alone thinking she would ever have to be involved with something so unbelievable.

"Little squirrel, that feels rather nice, you being there. Try to find another passage up to my shoulder next time. You are quite smart and cute, I am sure we will find a way to do what needs to be done. Just as sure as I am that you are smart enough to sail up the outer side of my dress, don't you think so?" she asked with a cute smirk.

'As you wish dear." He told her in that soft squirrelly voice in her mind. The squirrel then moved to sit on her shoulder on top of the material of the dress that she was wearing. There he sat using a slight bit of his claws to keep him balanced though he was not digging in too much. Eyes then turned to look at her and then there was this odd look of a squirrel smile on his face before he rested his head back on her shoulder, closing his eyes as if he was going to sleep. Darkness did come to the creature's mind but it was not like a human sleep.

Entities like him did not need sleep, what they did when they rested was to go inside of themselves. When he was there he could focus on getting the energies' around his body which actually would really help the party since no one was feeling fear. Nerds talked to hot girls, people said things they meant more than being artificial, and people consumed food and alcohol at a rate they likely should not have. Fights started here and there but they were able to be regulated.

All in all people really liked the party. It woke up once more when it was time to clean up. He had acquired a good bit of energy from that party which was going to be useful against the girl they were bound to fight soon. Murder was an odd thing to consider but it was not like he had never killed anyone before. Myocardial infarcation from fear had happened a couple of times that he scared people when he went a little too far. Lessons like those were well learned. He did not do such things anymore.

To kill one of his own was a much different matter than that. Whatever she was she knew how to kill and then take the powers of another entity. He only had an idea of how to kill her in theory. However, there was a key difference in what they were doing. He was out to permanently kill her and he abilities. Yet she was going to kill and then take his powers to augment her own list of abilities. From what he had read of the old books, if a special killed her then she would die but it would have repercussions. The Special, or in this case Misty, was going to have to take the girl's energies into herself.

He had no idea what was going to happen to Misty after that. Death or even her becoming an entity like himself were a couple of the possibilities. Or she could become the avatar of the girl's powers. Misty as an embodiment of lust and violence was just an odd thought. In all the situations that he had seen her in so far, she had always been sweet and innocent but not highly sexual.

Bits and pieces of the entities thoughts drifted into Misty's thoughts, they were combined thoughts. She said to the squirrel in a soft barely audible voice, "It isn't murder if one is protecting the lives of their loved ones. It is more like a battle. A war that breaks out in another sector, it isn't murder. It is justified. You can't call it murder when she has already declared the battle won. She has lost this time, but when it comes to the thick of things, I shall not back down. My brother has done his part in protecting us as a whole, then why should I not do the same? if I lose my life in protecting those I love, then it will not be lost in vain."

"Dear squirrel, you cannot give into these thoughts. Whatever happens, happens. We need to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Hope is worth fighting for. Regardless the outcome. I trust you enough to do what is right in this. If I for whatever reason take on her powers, then you must do whatever is necessary to keep me from turning evil. If you cannot then you must take my life. Just as she wants to take ours."

Misty leaned her head close to his. "You must, I insist."

She couldn't even imagine herself as being a lustful person. Misty was a Godly woman, who went to church every Sunday with her family. She only had time for her family and helping her Mother and Father around the farm. She had gone on dates after high school, but nothing serious ever became of her dating. When Robert's commander sent them the MIA report, life for Misty outside the family became non existent.

"Understood." He smiled at her somewhat sadly and then ran along off her shoulders to then head to the floor where he ran between her feet and then dashed off up the stairs to head into her room that he was tracking by smell. Only a few seconds did a man in a all black suit walk down and then pull Misty in his arms where he gave her a hug. "I will take care of you sweetie. And if you do channel her powers then I will make sure that it does not change your morals. And I may even teach you how to use them." Every touch of his hands on your body seemed to suck out her fear of things. It would leave her with this feeling of being safe in his arms as he embraced her from behind. No one seemed to notice that he was holding her either since they were too busy picking things up.

"And do not worry about your brother, he will never relapse again." He assured her knowing that it was something that was still sort of bothering her as he understood it from the fear that he was getting out of her the longer that he touched her. "I am just making your calm Misty. You will be fearless for the next few hours. The longer I hold you, the longer you will not experience fear."

Misty smiled as he ran down her shoulders and a small laugh escaped her lips as he ran between her feet and up the stairs. He looked so cute running up the stairs. She saw him coming back down and he literally took her breath away. He was so handsome. Pulling her into his arms for a hug brought feelings of security to Misty from being so close to him. Her head rested against his chest as he spoke to her. She truly did not want him to let go.

She wasn't sure how it came to be but he was standing behind her still holding her. "Fear," she said softly, give me your name, please," she didn't want to lose 'fear' if it meant he was leaving too. He had told her, his name was Fear, but she didn't want to believe that, she did not fear him, in the least. "I do trust you with my life, my dear Squirrel. Hold me through the night then, I don't wish to be alone with my thoughts.You can teach me anything as long as it is for good. I will listen and learn well, for you have taught me so much already."

In the morning, there were breakfast at her bedside table and her brother sitting in a chair at the foot of her bed. He looked like he was thinking about something but at the same time he was just looking at her with a bit of concern in his eyes. "Misty. Sis. I am not sure why you had a squirrel in your bed but I must say that it was kind of funny." He stood up and patted her on the back before taking a hold of the blankets and then pulling them away from her to expose her to the morning. "Rise and shine sleepy head." By now, he was smiling and there was an obvious giggle in his voice as he spoke. Before she would get a chance to do anything further, he went to the window and opened the blinds up all the way to let the sun shine in on her.

"It is only 10:30 by the way. I let you sleep in because you deserved it but now it is time to rise and shine my lovely sister." Robert was happy, that was clear from all of his bodily language. The broken man that had been there days before was gone and here was a brand new person that had nearly just appeared in his place. Fear had something to do with it of course when he took all of the man's fear away. All of those ghosts that would hold a veteran back were not going to effect him. He was free to be himself.

"Sis, did I ever tell you that when I was younger I always thought of you as a Princess that I would one day steal away and place in a high tower to keep you safe from anyone ever harming you?" He was serious and obviously it was not something that he had ever said before but suddenly now had the courage to say.

Back
Top Bottom