Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Blue Moon Club (Main Area, First Floor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tank took Lori's hand and shook it in return; it probably wasn't natural for others to get as excited as he was over employment, but he didn't care. "Very glad to be aboard." he then replied; her question about starting now or later was a no-brainer. "If it's OK, I'll start now." he then replied as he too stood after getting out of the booth with some difficulty; he rose to his full towering height and looked at Lori with a slight cock of his head when she mentioned getting a custom furniture maker. Wasn't it up to him to take care of that? And besides, he didn't want to burden her unnecessarily.

But, she looked like the kind of woman who wouldn't take no for an answer, so he just nodded and said, "A..alright, if it's not too much trouble." He then asked, "So....how will this work? Do I just stand by the door? Or should I wander the club occasionally to make sure everything's alright?" Normally his security jobs involved looking around a place, not really staying in one area for too long; however, he wasn't sure how this place operated.

"Hmmm? Ummm, I'll leave that up to you, Tank." She smiled and patted his back. "I trust ya, so I'll let you decide what's best. After all, you have the experience right?" She smiled and looked around the club. "Well, looks like it's time for me to make the rounds and make sure everyone's happy. If you need me, come find me," she said with a smile.

Jay Rice, walks into the club after showing an ID and made his way over to the bar. He sighed and slouched and asked for a Vodka. He looked around the club to see if anyone actually noticed him. He waited for someone to greet him as he drank the Vodka.

Tank nodded, "Will do" and watched as Lori walked off. He felt strange around her; he then shook his head, thinking it was just nerves. He'd come to expect to be let go for whatever reason from whatever job he held; he was always nervous about when it would happen though. He then made up his mind; he'd explore the area of the area of the main floor while looking out for signs of potential trouble. He felt oddly at peace in this place; the soft blue lighting and music seemed to calm his mind after he'd been hired.

He made his way to one part of the floor, noticing the comfortable-looking chairs and sofas that oriented around the single TV. He wouldn't dare sit, though; he was on duty. He then lumbered over to a series of doors; he found each of them to be locked. Not surprising, but his curiosity led him to see if they were open. He then noticed the elevators, a sign reading, 'VIP pass required'. "Hmmm, Lori said she was going to get me one of those......I wonder where they lead." he mused; while he could probably pry the doors open himself if he wanted to, he wouldn't dare jeopardize his job after just starting.

He then noticed several elevated walkways with poles at the end of them; this must be where some of the girls danced for customers. He'd learned a bit about what this place was; while he wasn't off-put about it, he hadn't really been in a place like this before, so he didn't know what to expect. Still, everything here peaked his interest; so far, however, everything seemed to be quiet. He'd noticed a blond-haired man walk in and show an ID as he was walking around, so the seven-and-a-half-foot plus man just let him be.

Lori was making her rounds, and she noticed tank wandering around. She had to chuckle. Poor guy seemed to not know what to do with himself. Oh well. He'd figure it out eventually. The dark-haired vixen made sure customers were enjoying themselves before she found one who was all by his lonesome. Greeted the blonde with a grin. "Welcome to Blue Moon. I hope you're enjoying yourself," she said with a smile.

After Tank made his way around the club, he found nothing out of the ordinary and resolved to go outside and stand guard near the front entrance; he'd seen Lori talking to the blond man that came in and figured she'd either deal with it herself or call out to him in case this guy started any trouble. Relieving the doorman on duty, he stood just inside the entrance to Blue Moon and waited for any other patrons to make their way up to him to be allowed in. He knew his duties: don't let anyone in without proof of identification and legality of age.

Candira said:
Lori was making her rounds, and she noticed tank wandering around. She had to chuckle. Poor guy seemed to not know what to do with himself. Oh well. He'd figure it out eventually. The dark-haired vixen made sure customers were enjoying themselves before she found one who was all by his lonesome. Greeted the blonde with a grin. "Welcome to Blue Moon. I hope you're enjoying yourself," she said with a smile.

"I'm having a good time, a friend of mine recommended The Blue Moon Club as a great place to relax a blow off steam, but I was wondering, where are the best places? I hoped i could get recommended to who I should talk to, to have the best time. My work is a bit stressful and I wanna have a great time," he smiled back to her as he took another shot of Vodka.

"Ah, I see. Well, you're going to want a VIP pass then," she said with a grin. "It's pretty great here in general, but in the VIP area...you'll have a blast." Lori smiled and looked around, realizing that she was going to be the one who got this young man started, unless he wanted to wait for someone else. Well, he seemed like fun, and she was all about that.

He smiled, "Oh? What would that consist of, and what is the cost of such a pass?" he looked at her and subtly looked over her body. She was attractive and his type he was curious.

"Extra areas and services come with the VIP pass, hun. And more private places to be with people." She winked and shrugged. She leaned down and whispered the cost into his ear. Of course, luxury came with a price.

He smiled a bit, "I see, so where do I pay? I want one," he looked at her, "Then maybe you can show me around? I would love to see the rest of this place."

"I'll take care of it all for you. I just need to get some information from you first. Hold on just a moment. With that, she disappeared for a few moments, smiling at Tank as she went by, heading into the office. She came back a moment later with a VIP card and a netbook. After going through all the questions and disclaimers, she handed him the card. "We'll bill you later, discreetly," she said with a smile. "Are you ready to come up to the lounge and look around?"

While all of this was going on, a pitch-black car pulled up in front of the club and out stepped a very serious-looking man stepped out. Wearing a crisp suit with a black tie and dark, impenetrable shades, his polished leather shoes with their sterling buckles clacked loudly on the pavement as he stepped out. "So, this is where that freak works? What a dump." He then placed a finger to a small bud in his ear, saying "Overwatch One, confirm you have visual". "Roger, Commander. Though the curtains are closed, sir. Once you're inside, you'll be on your own."

This was one Commander Smith, Tank's legal "guardian". He shuddered at being called that; the people were the ones in need of a guardian, not that monstrosity. "Relax, I'm not even here to start trouble, I almost never do. It's that freak's fault and besides you have him in your sights. Remember, any stupid moves and you shoot him. Don't see why we can't just end him anyway and save everyone all this trouble". He then straightened his tie and walked up, seeing Tank just inside the open door. Tank saw Commander Smith walk up and was instantly surprised, his face having fallen slightly at hearing his harsh words; he then said, "Mr. Smith? What brings you here?"

Smith pushed up his glasses and said, "That's none of your concern, Tank. Now point me to whoever works here, there's some things he/she and I need to go over." Tank then asked honestly, "Do you have a ticket? People need to have tickets to enter." Smith then pulled out his government badge and said, "There's my ticket, you oafish moron. Now stand aside, I have business to attend to." And with that he pushed past the behemoth blocking the doorway; Tank's face just seemed so sad. What did he ever do to Mr. Smith? Why did he hate him so much?

Smith looked around the club and saw a woman talking to a blond-haired man; be the best place to start. He then walked up to her, his face unchanging as he pulled out his government badge and asked, "Excuse me, miss? There's an important matter I need to discuss with whomever manages this place, and I must see him/her immediately. Might you know who that is?"

Lori had just been about to guide her client to the elevator when a rather rude and official looking individual barged in and interrupted. His sense of self-importance seemed to be rather high for a man who wore sunglasses inside. Sighing inwardly she smiled pleasantly. "Just a moment sir. I'll be right with you."

She turned to her customer and handed him his card, pointing him to the elevator. "If you'll wait for me in the lounge, I'd appreciate it. I'll be with you just as soon as this man's issue is taken care of." With a grin, she let him go and then turned back to the rather...stern-looking man.

"I'm the assistant manager here. What can I do for you, sir?" she asked, tilting her head.

Smith looked on as the woman excused herself from her customer, his face not changing one bit. "I was hoping to speak to the owner of this facility. But that's beside the point of my visit. My name is Commander Smith. I'm here on official business in regards to an employee you recently hired. Goes by the name of Tank. If you don't mind, I'd like to continue this discussion in a more private setting with access to a computer." He didn't say anything more, but the way he emphasized Tank's name would suggest to Lori that this man clearly had something against the soft-hearted giant.

"The owner of the facility is currently occupied," she said politely. The way she said it, however had a slight edge to it as if to say, "Who the fuck do you think you are?" She crossed her arms as he requested a private setting with computers. My my, a needy man for someone who was so uptight. "I just hired Tank moments ago, Commander. He falls under my authority. As far as a private setting, I'm currently the only person in charge of the club so all I can do is provide a secluded booth and a netbook. I need to be available to the staff and customers here, you understand."

With that, she glanced over at her new hire, already feeling sorry for the man. She already hated this Smith guy, and all he'd barely uttered 10 sentences to her. She imagined that Tank knew him rather intimately, and already had had his spirit broken. This only made her hate Smith more, but she guided him to a secluded booth and provided him with a netbook.

"What is it you wish to discuss with me?"

Smith took in every verbal cue that Lori made; he knew that she sympathized with that freak. Still, his face didn't change; the sole exception being the twitch of an eyebrow when she told him that the owner was busy, with a hint of a snotty attitude as far as he could tell. He had half a mind to let Tank wreck the place, give him a reason to put him down for good to say the least. "That will suffice" he then said shortly, his tone conveying his displeasure at the lack of total secrecy.

When she gave him the netbook, he took what appeared to be a small thumb-drive from his jacket pocket and placed it into one of the input jacks. The screen flashed for a few seconds before a big confidential screen popped up. He placed his information into the required fields and let it process his data. While it was doing that, he then spoke up once more, "I can tell you don't appreciate my coming here, but I come here as a messenger."

He then started futzing with the netbook once it all processed, "The truth is, I've worked with Tank....he's dangerous. My job is make sure innocent civilians don't get hurt. These files I'm about to show you will prove just how dangerous he can be; however, by viewing them, you are only permitted to share the contents with co-workers at your discretion, excluding Tank. They're highly classified, and contain material that could set him off. But, it's my job to keep the public informed, in case he decides to go on a rampage. This applies to places that hire him as well, can't have that behemoth wrecking the place of business and harming civilians."

He then manipulated the netbook so that each file containing some aspect of Tank's being; there were logistics of his strength measurements, behavioral reports, everything that Tank didn't know about himself, these files contained. He then let her view it as he spoke again, "I'm also here to let you know that by hiring him, this place will now be monitored 24/7."

"Actually, Mr. Smith, you have only the authority to monitor Tank--not the establishment. I suggest you find a way to do that. As for Tank himself," she said, reviewing the information once more. "I'll admit that hiring him is something of a calculated risk. I thank you for showing me this information and your time as a 'protector' but you really should know that your manner makes you very unlikeable. I'm not sure if it's a lack of tact, or a lack of manners, but you should probably work on that."

Lori couldn't remember the last time she'd been quite so direct about her dislike for an individual. But she felt like not many people called him on it. "As far as Tank goes, I feel that having him walk around depressed and without a purpose is far more of a risk that you're taking. And if you're so worried about protecting the people, you should probably have thought about that too. Now I do apologize for my manners, and I'm sure you've only the best intentions, but I find it difficult to suffer people who assume authority they don't have."

Legally, she was correct and had every permit, law, and ordinance on her side. He could not monitor the Blue Moon--only Tank.

Smith listened as Lori practically shot everything he said back in his face; he was well aware of the legal nature of monitoring a place. But the way she said it irked him to no end; that was some fine gratitude in his eyes. But, if she wanted her establishment destroyed, then that was on her. His face didn't flicker one bit, "Being liked is not a relevant parameter of my position, so you'll haveto excuse me if I come across as a bit rough. My duty is solely to inform, what people may think of me is inconsequential."

He then replied to her next statement, "Given his history, you can see why it was hard for him to find employment. We know his depression is a result of a 'lack of purpose' as you call it, but there's not really a whole lot we can do about that. We've tried to find him jobs, but hardly anyone wants to hire someone that's almost eight feet tall and looks like he could break an I-Beam like a twig." Which, if Lori saw the strength data, would make that a very high likelihood. "No apologies are necessary. I do not assume authority anywhere, I merely state what's going to happen. However, you are correct, and we will only monitor Tank."

He then stood up, took the flash drive out, and straightened his jacket and tie before saying, "Well, then.....I believe everything's in order. As a final note, you are free to use lethal force if he becomes uncontrollable. A nice little extra that I highly recommend you keep in mind, at the very least." "Would save me a hell of a headache" he then added mentally. "Good day, then. I'll be taking my leave." And with that the well-dressed man made his way out of Blue Moon, relaying instructions to the cloaked sniper teams on the rooftops surrounding the club. He then got into his car and drove off, leaving Tank feeling as confused as ever.

Lori said nothing and merely nodded at the things he said. When he was gone she sighed and shook her head. "What a piece of work."

She walked out of the booth and looked at Tank, smiling softly to give him some reassurance before she want back to get her client and let him have the pleasure of her company for awhile.

Marcus saw a blond woman making rounds and very much liked what he saw.

"Excuse me miss" he said. "I was wondering where I could buy a VIP card?"

Tank saw Lori smile at him, giving a weak one of his own in return; however, it was a very half-hearted one if anything. He just wanted to be normal, to be like Lori. That's all he really desired, normalcy. So far, she was one of the few people besides Mr. O'Brien that treated him like a normal person. For that much he was grateful; he wondered if he should fill out that paperwork Lori mentioned. No, he was on duty, he would just wait until his shift was over; besides, she was with a customer now. It would be not only rude, but unprofessional to disturb her. So he just stood at the door, his hulking massive form unintentionally letting all who approached know that misconduct would not be tolerated at this establishment.

In passing, she saw Marcus asking a blonde about a VIP card. She set him up with one before letting him go and then went toward the elevator to see if she could find her client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom