Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Blue Moon Club (Main Area, First Floor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Candira said:
"Alright. Let's say I do decide to humor you. Why kind of questions would you ask?" Curious, the redhead leaned in a little, still hanging onto the card--mostly because she didn't have pockets, but also because she didn't really want to shove it into her dress at the moment.

Zach turns his body to face Kelly instead of facing towards the bar and leans on his elbow. “I could tell you and then ask you, but I doubt I can afford that much of your time. Pearls and swine and all that.” He nods towards his empty beer bottle with a curious little smile on. “So how about we just begin. If you grow weary if the inquisition, or have questions you’d like to answer that I’m not asking, please feel free to let me know. I mean, you know all the neat little corners of this place and I’m here to let people know they’re missing ‘em.”

Zach slips from his barstool and takes a moment to tug at his blazer, only marginally improving it’s scruffy lay. He smiles invitingly and offers Kelly his arm. “I’ll even let you lead if you like. If I can swallow that beer then my pride should be easy cake, right?”

It seemed he couldn't be dissuaded. And since they had just opened, it would be silly to not go for the free publicity, so why not? She got the feeling that he was trying to insult her with that pearls and swine bit, but she let it go. After all, he was entitled to make jokes. Just like she was entitled to not tell him who Eli was if they crossed paths. She smirked and tilted her head with a grin, "Is that so? Well, next time maybe you won't refer to it as...what was it...a punishment?" she teased.

She watched, amused, as he tugged at his blazer. Only a steam press would make that thing look even slightly presentable. Still, at least there was some effort. She took his arm with an overly exaggerated flourish and stood up with him. "Well, that is pretty awful beer," she said, chuckling. "Alright, ask away."

Candira said:
"Alright, ask away."

Zach pats Kelly’s hand as he leans in to whisper, “They serve that awful beer at your bar.” He laughs kindly as he begins to lead her back towards the foyer of the Blue moon. “But at the same time, I’m the one who ordered it. Points for you on catering to your customers: even the tasteless ones.” He grins as the two of them weave easily through the ever-busier nightclub.

Guiding her by the arm, Zach sweeps Kelly around to face back towards the bar, the stage. Zach inclines his head ever so slightly towards Kelly before asking, “So what’s the deal with the blue lighting? I’ve heard that this isn’t your first club. The last wasn’t blue enough for you?”

He turns to study Kelly’s response, studying her profile as she looks out over her dominion. “It isn’t the most flattering light for the rest of us, though you somehow manage it stunningly.”

His mention of the Cat's Meow brought a rather sad expression flickering across her face before she was back in hostess mode. "The Cat's Meow was originally Shadow's club. He left it in my care before he died. When Eli and I set up the Blue Moon we wanted it to be a complete departure from what the CM was."

She smirked at his comment about the lighting and chuckled a little. "Well, thanks, I think. Honestly, the blue lighting was more Eli's idea than mine. We wanted a theme though, and it's easier to call attention to the stage with regular spotlights when the rest of the room is lit up in blue. It's an awesome photo op if you're into that kind of thing. We don't really allow photography in here, though, so it's mostly just for us."

She turned to face him once more, sure that her club was running just fine on its own. "We also brought in a friend of mine to do the rest of the interior design. I really like what she did with the space," she said, gesturing to the room around her. "If you run into Kate, you'll have to ask her more about it." She shrugged and waved at some people who waved at her.

"Next question?"

Candira said:
"Next question?"

Zach continues to look out over the crowd, leaning in close to Kelly to keep his voice down. “If there’s more than this nightclub I’d love to see it.” His thin smile betrays the fact that he knows there is much more to the Blue Moon than this nightclub. He lifts a hand and motions towards the uniquely appointed stage. “That’s quite an ambitious stage. I can definitely count at least six poles from here? You guys ever max out that capacity? A hell of a show, I’d imagine.”

"Actually we just started up," she said, "So we haven't seen as much use out of them yet. But poles come in handy in all sorts of ways," she said with a mysterious little grin. "We fully intend to have shows of that size, but it's also for separate staging areas as well." She smiled and glanced at him. "Oh? You think there's more, huh? Well, I dunno. If you wanna see it you'll have to be very nice," she teased.

Candira said:
"If you wanna see it you'll have to be very nice," she teased.

Zach laughs as he leads Kelly back into the crush of the crowd again, though he doesn’t respond to her request for manners. The going is trickier now, but the two somehow manage to continue their conversation while gracefully slipping between knots of Blue Moon patrons. “Seems like you manage to pack them in even on the off nights.”

Eventually they make it back to the bar. Unfortunately, it’s packed. After a moment of observation Zach pounces on an open, but stool-less piece of prime bar real estate. The two of the press together tightly for a brief moment as Zach swaps places with Kelly. Now sanding behind her, father away from the bar, he leans in close to talk over the lively background noise. “We’ve covered the mood lighting, and the mysterious army of strippers you’ve got hidden somewhere.” Zach smirks. “Now I’m interested in your bar here. Clearly you’re not a fan of the low brow. Wow me with something from your selection: something that displays your staff’s chops, if you will.”

Zach nods towards the towering shelves of alcohol glittering coolly in the undulating blue light. He rests his hands lightly on Kelly’s hips as he stands behind her at the bar.

She beckoned for one of her bartenders and told them to have Elthrai make a very special drink for her so she could share it with her guest. Once she had what she'd come for, she handed the glass to the reporter in question. Kelly didn't mind paying for this one if it meant he would learn to be a little more receptive of their establishment. She had worked hard to make all this happen, after all.

"Do tell me how it is."

Candira said:
"Do tell me how it is."

Zach’s fingertips drag across Kelly’s midsection as she turns in his hands. He smiles politely and accepts the drink with his right hand though he keeps the left lightly against the sumptuous curve of her hip.

Zach sniffs the drink, delivered in a . . . he wasn’t sure what kind of glass it is. He holds it up to the light for a moment, but receives no help from the blue either. Zach eyes Kelly warily for a moment. He watches her eyes steadily as he raises the glass to his lips. After a few months on this particular beat he’d had enough strange concoctions, and even been drugged once, to be cautious with strangers and their strange beverages. Still, Kelly was sport enough to entertain his questions: refusing her hospitality would be unimaginably rude. Hoping for the best, Zach tips the glass back and takes a measured sip from the mystery drink.

He savors the drink for a moment, considering the interplay of flavor and texture. Leaning in close again he asks, “Are you not joining me? I think it is always easier to describe a drink with one in your hand, and I definitely want to know more about this . . . strange brew. What is it called?” He takes another very moderate sip.

Kelly didn't ignore the way his hands stayed on her. The way he was touching her, running his hands over her, he seemed to want to get a little friendlier. Ever the charming hostess, she let him get away with it for now. After all, she was having fun leading him around and watching his reactions. Chuckling as he inspected the glass she tilted her head.

"It's not poisoned you know," she said with a laugh. "Why would I want to cause a panic and invite all kinds of trouble with a dead reporter for a magazine I'd never heard of? Besides, that drink was mixed for me, so you're quite safe, dear." She winked and watched him as he tried it.

She shook her head and chuckled as he asked why she wasn't joining in. "Elthrai's a busy man. I don't want to bother him for another right now. But if it will put your mind at ease, I'll take a sip of yours. As for what it's called and what's in it--that question will have to go to Elthrai. When there's not such a rush at the bar, you can ask him as many questions as he'll answer."

Candira said:
"When there's not such a rush at the bar, you can ask him as many questions as he'll answer."

Zach nods, albeit with a hint of suspicion. He shrugs and lets Kelly take the mostly full glass for a moment. He removes his hand from her hip and crosses his arms over his chest. He takes a moment to consider the questions he’s asked and looks around the nightclub while stroking his chin. After a moment, he returns his attention to Kelly.

“So you’ve got quite a set up, here. And I see you’ve got quite a few private booths along the wall there.” Zach motions with his chin towards the bank of seductively shadowy booths. “Do those come with bottle service, or are they first come, first serve? If I were feeling flashy could I even procure some private time with a dancer?” Standard questions, really. The tone of Zach’s voice doesn’t hide that there are other questions he’s much more interested in. The way his gaze drifts to the bank of elevators flanked by two of the most imposing, though well dressed, guards he’s seen, gives away the subject of those questions.

Kelly chuckled. He was so suspicious and cynical. She took a nice long drink and licked her lips afterward. "Mmm, delicious. I'll have to ask him to make me another later. Satisfied?" She asked, holding the drink out for him to finish. She sighed and then moved away from the bar. "The private booths are actually both first-come-first-serve and for special customers. As far as garnering private time with a dancer, that is their decision, not mine. So long as it doesn't interfere with their stage time or performance, my employees are free to spend time with whomever they like."

She shrugged, leaving it at that. She saw his eyes travel to the VIP elevator and chuckled at the guards. Really, they were rather unnecessary. One could not go anywhere without a VIP card, and one could not procure one without Kelly, Kate, Eli, Keane, or Lori's approval. Still, it seemed prudent to have at least one.

She turned her attention to him and chuckled. "You really are such a cynic," she said, rolling her eyes. "Very well, if you'd like to see more of the club I'll show you more. But you've got to be on your very best behavior. And I get to approve what you write about this next part," she said. "If you agree to those terms, I'll show you more."

Candira said:
"If you agree to those terms, I'll show you more."

Zach doesn’t seem to be paying full attention to Kelly. The approval, oddly, catches him off guard. Of course he’d like to see more of the club! But giving up final edit . . . The whole string of responses plays out across his face wordlessly leaving him a bit gobsmacked at the end.

Zach shakes his head while wearing a bemused smile. He shoulders through the two strangers who had taken his moment of disbelieve to interpose themselves between him and Kelly with a bit too much zeal. The second curses after him about spilt drinks. Zach glances once at the source and dismisses the stranger with a hand wave: he didn’t have time for spilt drinks.

Zach manages to catch up with Kelly and places a hand on her shoulder so as not to lose her in the crowd. “You keep going on about being on my best behavior, Kelly, but honestly it leaves me a bit confused. I think I’ve been a proper gentleman. Ok, minus that guy just now who spilt his drink. And that comment about . . . I don’t even remember. Outside of those two things I’ve been a right proper gentleman.” Zach laughs a little as the two near the elevators. His fingers press just a touch harder into her shoulder as he slows her pace to whisper in her ear. “If there’s some . . . facet . . . of being a gentleman that I’m missing, educate me and I give you my word you’ll get not but the best from me. As for editing my article . . .” Zach arrests both of them for a brief moment.

The security at the elevators notices the abrupt change in pace and begin to stir. Zach leans in even close to Kelly, his breath warm down the side of her neck. “You show me everything your club has to offer and I’ll let you take a pen to my final draft. But if I’m not impressed, don’t expect me to keep my word on that.” Zack pauses for effect, then the two are back on track, standing before the elevators and the now bristling guards.

Kelly shook her head. "I meant you have to keep being a gentleman. Perhaps I didn't phrase that correctly." She watched him, amused at his reactions. She'd only said she'd need approval. if there were things that needed to be taken out to protect her workers and her club, she would need to be able to ask for that privilege.

She stopped when he stopped them both and blinked and shivered at the feel of his breath on her neck. She turned her head to face him. "Well now, I can only show you what I feel is appropriate, dear. But you'll understand that more in a moment. I don't care if your opinion of us is low, Zach. But there are some things that must absolutely not be printed--for the protection of the people who work here and the protection of the club itself. Understood?" With that, she took his hand and headed toward the VIP elevator. She nodded to the guards and entered the reflective box. Then with a swipe of her card, they were off toward the lounge on the second floor.

((Continued here))

Alastar entered the Blue Moon Club. He was new here and decided to take a look around the city. He had then ventured up on the club and thought it looked interesting. He walked in and saw that this place would indeed serve him well. He walked to the bar table and sat down on a stool as he removes his coat. He then stopped to look around on the dancefloor. He didn't know anyone and so he merely skimmed through the crowd. He saw some attractive females but he would keep to himself for a moment. His drink was brought a moment later and he began to drink some of it as he continued to monitor the crowd around him.

It was slow, easy movements that brought Rylai into the Blue Moon Club, within his hand a message and the VIP pass sent directly to him. There was a little bit of age behind the note and pass, since he had been busy elsewhere, but he finally made it, and he was sure that Kelly would be happy to see him. In truth, he missed the little fiery bombshell, she was a good friend and partner for him. But now, he was scanning the first floor, taking in the sight and looking for her.

Anyone that looked at him would at first glance think that he was worried. But any moment of study would show that he didn't care too much of what was going on, that his mind was on a singular focus. And so he headed to a booth, sliding in easily, and ordering a simple glass of Merlot. He supposed it was now the waiting game that he would have to play.

Out of the elevator came a delicious looking Lori--freshly showered and dressed in a slick but sexy suit, her hair half up and half down. She smiled at the people she passed and headed for the bar to check on a few things and order herself something to drink. She'd spent the night with a very nice client and was feeling refreshed.

((Continued from here))

Kelly had taken the time to show Zach the roof and had stopped to make herself look presentable, but she still needed a shower and a change of clothes. Her time with him had been lovely and she hoped he would come back again. She smiled at him once they stepped out and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Thank you for coming out. If you need anymore questions answered, feel free to ask the other workers. I'll see you again sometime, if you're so inclined to return."

((Continued from here))

Candira said:
"I'll see you again sometime, if you're so inclined to return."

((Continued from here))

Zach smiles politely at Kelly and re-shoulders his messenger bag. The few-hours visit had been a wild ride. And though he’d have plenty to include in his review, Zach feels that he’s still missed something.

From his position near the elevators, the crowd is a sea of faces crashing loudly ecstatic voices. Even the overwhelming smell of sexual tension in the air is oceanic. Zach half-smiles-half-shudders at the thought of what acts any one of those shadowy booths may be concealing. The though of slipping into one and rudely interrupting is nearly tempting enough. But he feels spent.

Zach lifts Kelly’s hand gently from his shoulder and kisses the top politely. “As long as my decision making doesn’t improve, that seems like an inevitability.” He winks at her before heading for the door. Zach slips through the front door of the club into the cool night.

Yet again, he left her with something that she didn't know to take as a compliment or an insult, but he'd been sweet enough about it. She smiled and shrugged. "Then I hope your decisions continue to be poor?" She chuckled and kissed his cheek. "I'll read your review if I can find it," she said with a wink. And then the mysterious writer was gone. She looked around her knowing that she really ought to check in, but she wanted that shower and definitely wanted to change her dress, which was now a bit wrinkled for all its attention tonight.

Time seemed to have stretched in front of him as he was waiting, and the single glass of Merlot soon became a second, and a third. His eyes kept checking the time, seeing the minute hand move around once, twice… Maybe she wasn’t here? That was always a possibility. She could be off on business, or just gone to do other things for the day. He frowned as his glass was emptied once more, standing. Another day, perhaps.

It was when he got up and headed towards the door that he had seen her, wearing a rather sexy dress even if it was ruffled. He couldn’t help the soft smile that came to his face. He did his best to approach her from the back, so it would be a surprise to her. “It took me long enough to see you were here.” Rylai said from behind her, the chuckle always in his voice. “It’s been too long, Kelly.”

The redhead was surprised to hear a familiar voice and even more surprised to see the man it belonged to. The smile he brought to her lips was instantaneous and bright. "Rylai! It's so good to see you!" She opened her arms and hugged him hello, as always, warm and welcoming. Since they were friends already he got a nicer welcome than most. "I wasn't sure you would come. How long have you been waiting for me?"

She had sent him the card and the letter in hopes of seeing him sometime, but she hadn't expected him to come so soon.

He couldn’t help but grin when he saw the smile on her face. “It’s good to see you too.” He said softly, as his arms wrapped around her warmly and strong for a long moment. “I already have a booth for us to talk in.” He said, leading her to it.

He slid into his seat, eyes locked on her. “I haven’t been here too long.” He said, the smirk on his face. He wasn’t going to just give her a number. “But it’s been too long, Kelly. I wish I could have come sooner, but you know. Business. It gets in the way.” It was as if there was much more meaning behind the words, but he veiled them well.

Kelly smiled and sat down with him in his booth, sitting close to him, but not too close. "I do know about business," she said with a chuckle. "It frequently gets in the way. But I'm so glad you came to visit. I've missed you, friend." She rested her head on her hand and smiled. "How are you doing?"

Rylai kept his distance slightly, but was rather close than any other man would sit close to her. “It gets in the way of a lot of things.” He said, as a fresh glass of wine came his way, and he took a small sip. “I have missed you too, dearly.” His eyes rested on hers, holding the wine glass between his middle and ring fingers. “I have been alright. Running the world, as the usual. I finally had a chance to come here. I’ve wanted to for months. How have you been?”

She nodded and watched the graceful, mysterious man as he let his eyes drink her in, much like he sipped at his wine. "Actually, I've been very busy as of late. It's taken me a long time to get this place up and running, but I've got great partners," she said with a smile. "And now it's finally finished. We've been doing pretty well so far, but we're still pretty new, so there's lots for me to do." She leaned back into the booth and relaxed, not worried at all about their proximity. It did not escape her attention that he'd missed her "dearly" nor did she forget that he'd "wanted to come for months." She was flattered by such comments and so very pleased that he'd wanted to come.

"So what do you think now that you're here?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom