Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fine Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon staggered backwards as Alec pulled him off of Adelinda. He narrowed his eyes at him but nodded "fine, cool him off" he told Adelinda and waited for her to walk off before going to the werewolf. He took a napkin and wrote his number down on it in sharpie "will you give this to her please when they get done having their heart to heart?" he asked, still fuming as he walked out and got into his challenger and drove off quickly. He wasn't going to try and fight Alec, he was much younger and didn't have as much experience as Alec and would easily lose in a fight.

Alec turned on her, grabbing her arm and pushing her up against the door when she tried walking away "Tun Sie nicht Sie wagen, mir Adelinda davonzulaufen. Sie würden nicht hier sogar sein, wenn ich Sie vom Vati nicht gerettet hatte, als er sich in dieser Nacht betrank. Ich weiß, dass Sie wissen, über den ich spreche. Denken Sie nicht, weil jetzt Sie dasselbe als ich sind, dass Sie irgendetwas über mich haben. Laufen Sie mir jemals nicht davon. Es wird nur schlecht für Sie enden" he hissed. He moved his face closer to hers, his eyes softening as he looked into hers. He lifted his hand up to her face and caressed her cheek softly "I lo... Never mind" he murmured, stopping himself from telling her he loved her. He was not going to risk getting turned down from his sister even if he wasn't really doing the same thing as last time. Turning from her he muttered "he's a pig who has no self control or class" he came up with, letting his hands go limp and letting them fall down away from her. He moved them to her hips and pulled her in closer "baby, I've missed you so much" he whispered tenderly into her ear, certainly in not the brotherly way. He kissed her cheek and moved his lips to her ear, biting it gently the way he used to before he left.

((Translation: Don't you dare walk away from me Adelinda. You wouldn't even be here if I hadn't saved you from dad when he got drunk that night. I know you know which one I'm talking about. Don't think because now you're the same as me that you have anything over me. Do not walk away from me, ever. It will only end badly for you.))

"I have to go get everything together. Shelly will be here soon." She said as she gently removed herself from his grasp. She gently touched his cheek but kept it simple. Alec was scaring her. He was starting to get violent, like their father had. She didn't like it. It reminded her too much of her past, and though she was trying not to show it, she was on the edge of breaking down. He was acting like she should be grateful for what she'd become. She felt empty inside ever since she was turned.

She had a weak smile as she walked to the door once again. She couldn't stand being what she was, sometimes she wished that Alec hadn't saved her that night. It seemed almost as if he were treating her like she owed him. She hated it so much when she was treated her like she were in their debt. She wished that Alec would let her handle things in her own way.

"Linda, please, don't go" he pleaded softly, barely spoken above a whisper. He reached out and took her hand gently, his eyes saddened "I would never do anything to intentionally hurt you. When I'm in a rage though. . . " he broke off, not knowing how to end his sentence. He didn't know what he might do when he got to the point where he couldn't control himself. He fingered the small silver ring on his finger absentmindedly. He glanced down at it and back up at her "here, take this" he said, pulling the ring from his finger and putting it in the palm of her hand and closing her fingers around it "please, it calms me and if you have it then it will be easier for me not to lose my head around you" he told her, his eyes pleading to give him a chance. "Ich dachte, dass ich Sie für immer verloren hatte. Sie wissen nicht, wie jämmerlich mein Leben ohne Sie Adelinda war, weiß ich nicht, was Sie wollen, dass ich tue, um es bis zu Ihnen zu machen, aber ich nicht Vati bin. Egal was geschieht, dass ich nicht er bin. Ich habe wahrscheinlich mehr gesagt als, was Sie gehört haben aber ich mich ebenso oft entschuldigen werde, wie es nimmt, um Sie in meinen Armen zurückzubekommen" he said softly, letting go of her. He moved to the door, opening it and touching her cheek softly with the back of his hand. He closed his eyes and kissed her lips, their lips barely brushing. To anyone watching it would seem a brotherly, protective motion but he put all the feeling he had been holding back since he had been away from her into that light kiss, figuring it would be the last one.

Going past her he looked out into the room "Amber, stay with Adelinda. She's your master for the evening though she will probably treat you more like a friend. Do not abuse that" he said flatly, losing the light he had gotten back from his sisters return to him. He walked outside, fishing his keys from his pockets and driving to a bar, just because he was a vampire didn't mean he couldn't get drunk.

(( So sorry.
I thought that I had lost you for good. You do not know how miserable my life was without you Adelinda, I don't know what you want me to do to make it up to you but I am not dad. I know I have issues but I am not him. I have probably said more than what you have heard, however, I will apologize as many times as it takes to get you back in my arms))

((can we say its gold that looks like silver?))

Amber listened and was very obedient, and friendly towards Adelinda. It was a bit sad for her that Linda seemed upset about something. Mercy had given Simon's number to Linda, and Linda was half tempted to call him, but she'd just call him tommorrow. After all of the festivities Amber showed Adelinda how to get back to Alec's house. That was when Amber found out that Linda was a Red Angels supporter.

"Hey Amber, you should know something." She said with a sigh.

"What is it Linda?"

"I know that you're Hatchet. I'm your contact, and your sponsor for this mission." She said with a solemn look on her face as they kept going. The rest of the conversation, and the drive home was pretty deep with Adelinda telling Amber that she needed to do everything she could to make sure that this mission worked out.

Adelinda went to a room with a bed, because she had a small defect, well two actually. She could sleep in a regular bed like a human and she could endure twice as much sunlight as most vampires can. She got dressed in a red silk nightgown. She put on the matching robe and sighed. She lost it and started crying. She felt as if she had ruined Alec's ring was hanging from a platinum chain around her neck as she lay there and bed and started crying as her emotions took over.

She had cried herself to sleep and now as she woke up it was 11 in the morning. She didn't normally get up very early, except for tuesdays and saturdays, because that's when she ran the street races. They started at three and she was always there at 12 to set up. She changed into her outfit from last night and headed over to the club. She lived in her office pretty much. She got dressed for the day, put her blonde hair in a ponytail, and headed out to meet her racers. She had left Alec a note inviting him to the races which would run we'll into the night. Martha was standing oujt there with a black parasol to protect her from the sun as Adelinda texted Simon, also inviting him to the races as well. She mentioned that it started at 3 and ran into the night. It was around this time that her racers, Mercy, and her girlfriend, Sharona pulled up.

[Yes we can]

Alec woke up around noon, his memory not letting him remember what had happened the day before as a cause to why he had gotten drunk. He walked down stairs in a pair of flannel pants without a shirt on and saw the note from Adelinda "shit" he mumbled, remembering the fight with both his sister and boyfriend. He went and laid face down in his couch, hating himself although he had too much pride to go and apologize to either of them. He wondered where Amber was but was still swimming in his own self-pity and didn't care enough to get up and find out where she was.

Marz had found out from a friend at his party that Adelinda had races every tuesday and saturday so he decided to get up earlier than usual to hang out since he had nothing better to do. He hoped Alec would show up but he doubted that he would. He went outside and hopped on his bike after pulling some clothes on. He went over to the bar, figuring out where it was with some help but still getting there around noon. He walked up to Adelinda with a huge smile on his face "hey there sweetheart!" he said happily and pulled her into a hug. He brushed some hair away from his face and gazed around "your brother here?" he asked lightly, his tone implying it didn't make a difference if he was or not. He already knew the answer but he wanted to know if she knew if he might possibly be coming.

Simon was draining a young human girl who had followed him into an alley when he got the text from Adelinda. He smiled, dropping the girl and wiping his mouth off. He walked back to his car and went to the bar, getting out with a confidant smile. He came in right behind Marz, almost growling but letting it go when he saw that he was obviously gay. He went up to Adelinda and bowed low, taking her hand and kissing the back of it lightly "Bonjour mon amour" he purred, standing and moving closer to her "sorry about last night, I didn't want to get in a fight with him when he was angry like that" he explained, though he wore a calm smile "It's really good to see you again" he said as his hand automatically moved to her hip.

Adelinda grimaced when her brother was brought up. She quickly replaced it with her usual smile as she talked to Marz, and Simon, but it was obvious that something had happened. "No he's not here. Highly doubt he'd get off of his anti-social ass to come anyways." She said as she swallowed the lump in her throat and just barely held the tears in the floodgates of her eyes from overflowing. She had texted him before Marz and Simon had gotten there, but she didn't think he'd come. Especially since she simply saw him as her brother, while he obviously saw her as more than a sister. It had taken all of her 200 years in America to come to terms with that and honestly let go.

She also felt badly for Marz because she know how Alec was when he got angry. She imagined that he must have lost his temper with Marz, and that that was why Marz didn't come last night. She was more interested at this point in keeping the fact that she had been in America for so long away from Alec. Of course it had also been around 150 years since she'd last used her real name or even looked like herself, but that did't matter to her as long as he didn't know about it.

She smiled as Simon kissed her hand and then immediately detached herself from him so that she could take care of the preperations for the race. "MERCY, SHARONA, LET'S DO THIS!!" She said as the girls walked over to the next building in the warehouse district. As soon as they got the doors open, there was a large array of super cars visible to the public. "Hey sorry for bringing ya'll out during the day like this." She said to Marz and Simon. "We have a nice shaded area for you that will protect you from the sun." Adelinda said. The sun seemed to have no effect on her, though it was really just that the effects took twice as long to get to her than to a regular vampire.

Amber was already up and about when Alec woke up. She had just finished getting dressed when she first saw him come down stairs and plop on the couch. "Looks like somebody had a rough night." She said as she walked up next to him. "You need anything?" She asked, though she still wasn't all for the idea of being obedient to him she needed to start getting on his good side. When he didn't respond she went into the kitchen to do the dishes. She was munching on a granola bar as she did the chore. When she finished she went back to check on him.

"You know, maybe you should go to the races. It might take your mind off of some things if you let yourself have some fun. Besides, I heard that Breesia Turner is gonna be singing later tonight after the races." She said as she stood just out of arms reach. She felt just a tad bad for him. He looked like he'd just been hit by a freaking train wreck. She was still thrown for a loop, because even if Linda was her contact, she was still Alec's sister, and that put a hitch in Amber's plans.

Marz immediately pulled her into a hug when he saw her facial expression change after he mentioned Alec "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought him up. He's just a big jerk" he told her. He let her go and turned to Simon, nodding and checking him out. "Hmm, he's a cutie" he whispered to Adelinda, winking at Simon though he knew that he wouldn't like him. "Thank you" he said, seeing the tent and making his way behind Simon to get underneath it. "It's not a problem" Simon said to her, smiling calmly. He kissed her cheek again and let her go off, going under the shade and getting himself a drink.

Alec never moved from his face-down position on the couch as she moved around and cleaned up. "I have no reason to live. I am not going to the races. I don't know why I even bother" he sighed, rolling onto the floor with a thud. "Just kill me" he said again, a little louder but got up, grabbing on of the lamps and throwing it across the room into the wall "What is the point of living forever when it's fucking miserable?" he yelled, not really directed at her. He suddenly realized what he did and fell into the couch again "this is why I should die" he said, his voice mumbled from the cushions. "Well, since I'm not planning on going out any time soon. . ." he said, standing and going to Amber, touching her hip "you know wearing clothes like these are dangerous when you have a very hormonal master" he said quietly. He pushed some hair away from her face and let his eyes roam over her face, she was quite beautiful and had thoughts of what he wanted to do to her but wouldn't do so knowing that she could probably land a few good hits on him. He would get her when she was asleep and tie her limbs down on the bed, then he would have some fun with her.

If there was one thing that Amber hated more than having to follow this pricks' orders it was hearing anyone talk the way he just did. Amber ended people's lives on a daily basis before this mission started, so she knew exactly how valuable life was, even for the undead. She raised her hand and punched at him when he came over to her. "Life is the most valuable thing anyone has. Even an undead monstrosity like you. How can you say you have nothing to live for when your sister just came back to you. If you lose one reason then fight like fucking hell to either get it back, or find a new one. I've lost plenty of things but you don't see me laying down and dying. Hell I was hiding in a closet, watching as my brother, the only family I had left was brutally murdered. So why don't you stop throwing your fucking pity party and thinking about how your choices affect the people around you." She hadn't meant to bring up her brother, but at least Alec didn't know that he had been her brother's killer or he might start putting the pieces together. Which she really didn't need.

"I'm like an animal, Alec, I never let down my gaurd. If you're gonna try something go ahead and try it, or are you really so weak that you'd stoop to tying me up in my sleep?" She said as she stood there defiant. She wasn't about to just give in to what ever the hell Alec wanted. That just wasn't her style. She was the kind to go down dancing. She couldn't read his thoughts, but she knew his kind. They wanted what they wanted and didn't care what it took to get it.

"He's just throwing himself a perpetual pity party, that's all. He's just needs someone that won't let him wallow in his own self pity. I think his new slave will do a good job of that. Shelly and I've known Amber for over 3 years that girl could get shot and worry more about the person next to her than her own wound. She's selfless, it's just an odd way that she expresses this." Adelinda said as they brought out about ten different cars as the rest of the group of friends began to show up. "It's nothing agains you Marz, but you don't seem like the kind of person to fight, and do whatever it takes to make him see the truth, even if he really doesn't want to see it.

Blake, Christopher, and Monica were the first to show up. The races were really the only time that Monica and Blake didn't act like they wanted to kill one another. Shelly came next and she pretty much tackled Marz. She was wondering how he was holding up today, since this was a lot earlier than he usually came out. Maize wasn't by her side which was a bit odd, even if the sun was blaring he hated being apart from her, but hye had some big cases today so he didn't have much of a choice. Being the best lawyer in LA had its downfalls.

Alec grabbed her throat and shoved her up against the wall. "Ich tue Scheißsorge, was Sie über mich sagen müssen. Sie führen dieses Haus Sie erbärmlicher kleiner Programmfehler nicht. Ich werde 300 Jahre alt bald sein. Ich habe alle meine Freunde beobachtet, und Familie sterben. Ich dachte, dass meine Schwester für fast ganze diese Zeit tot gewesen ist. Ich finde sie und schiebe sie weg, ohne sogar dazu zu meinen. Ich sorge mich mehr nicht. Das ist es nicht wert" he said angrily in her face. He squeezed her throat tighter "Schließen Sie das Versauen. In diesem Haus haben Sie eine Meinung oder eine Stimme nicht, so gerade schließt das Versauen." He threw her on the ground and walked upstairs, without looking back at her.

Marz laughed loudly and hugged Shelly tightly "well, someones up bright and early to see me" he said, pulling a pair of sunglasses out of his back pocket and sliding them on. "I hate being out this early, it makes me sick" he said calmly, looking over everything that was going on. Simon fell backwards into the grass and closed his eyes. He almost never went out in the sun and when he did it was only when there was a huge storm and the sun was under the cloud coverage.

((Translation: I do not fucking care what you have to say about me. You do not run this house you pathetic little bug. I will be 300 years old soon. I have watched all of my friends and family die. I thought my sister has been dead for almost all of that time. I find her and push her away without even meaning to. I don't care anymore. It's not worth it.
Shut the fuck up. In this house you do not have an opinion or a voice so just shut the fuck up.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I wish there was something I could do to help." Shelly said as she hung on Marz. "You know it's amazing to be in the presence of the first experiment 15. They say there's a story that follow each one and pushes them to do the things they do. It's so hard to think about Adelinda like that though. She has a one up on all vampires." She said with a smile, speaking lightly about the matter since Addie tried not to make a big deal about.

"Oh you know you're here for to wach Addie kick ass in the races, and the unmasking of who Breesia Taylor really is. I'm surprised that Alec isn't here to find out who the only girl that ever turned him down really is." Christopher said with a smile. He always seemed to have a bright smile on his face. Blake, Mara, Nicole, and Angelic were setting up camera to get tape of the races while Monica started tweaking Mercy's outfit, to give her a more prominent goth look, just like she liked it.

"YOU'RE A COWARD THAT'S WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS. HELL YOU DON'T EVEN WANT TO FIND OUT WHO THE ONE WOMAN THAT EVER REJECTED YOU REALLY IS." Amber said as she stomped off to the garage to go work on the cars. She was pissed. She wasn't about to rool over and die just cause he didn't like her. Hell she would do the exact opposite. She didn't care what he was going through. He was acting like a child.

She turned on the radio and the went to work. She slipped off her dress and into a more suitable outfitl. While she was working Jaron's 'Pray For You' came on and she started singing with a bit of a country twang. She had a beautiful voice as she sang while she worked. She was doing what she could without the needed parts to make his cars run like they were right out of the shop. She started making a list of parts as Reba Mcentire's song 'Turn on the Radio' came on and once again she was singing with the music, but as she moved around from car to car she would raise one hand and wave in time as she would sway her hips back and forth. It reminded her of how she used to sing along with country music and move around quiet similar to how she was now when she was working in her brother's shop at age 13.

Alec was furious and kicked a number of things while throwing things around the room. He finally stopped and pulled on some clothes before walking back downstairs. He went outside to where she was working and leaned against the car "come on, its almost time for them to start" he said flatly. He didn't say anything else and got into the car, starting it and smiling at the sound of the engine. He honked his horn multiple times with a straight face and waited for her before he took off towards the races. He put on a pair of sunglasses and skid into a place near the tent, getting out and walking over silently.

Marz smiled "he's just being a selfish asshole" he said, knowing he would probably suck it up after he wallowed in self pity for long enough. He turned his head slightly when Alec came up, unable to keep a smile off of his face when he got close. "Nod once if you apologize for being a dick. I know you don't like saying it" he said, pulling Alec closer to him and kissing his cheek. He smiled brightly when Alec nodded with a shy smile on his face. He kissed him and pulled him closer, grabbing his butt "mm, I love that ass" he whispered, getting another sheepish smile from Alec. He glanced in the direction that Adelinda went and yelled "hey Addie! Guess which ass just showed up?" he yelled and looked at Alec sternly "go apologize, and don't be an ass" he said and pushed him in the direction of his sister.

Amber grabbed her dress and quickly changed back into the green dress but brought the mechanic outfit with her. She'd rather get grease on this than on her nice dress. After all she had an image to keep up. She got in the car and sighed. She was still pissed at Alec but she had to make everyone think that everything was okay. She smiled as she got out but then frowned when she heard the engine on a Supra that was being brought out. "You can't take that out on the track." She said as she walked over to them while Martha sat next to Simon. "The engine'll blow before you get past the third turn. I can fix this though, in an hour if you have the right parts." She said as she ran into the warehouse and changed back into the mechanics outfit while Mercy got a large cart with many parts meant for that specific Supra. She began to work on the engine immediately.

Adelinda looked over at Marz and smiled when she saw Alec, of course now her brother would find out that she was Breesia Taylor. Not that it really mattered. He would have found out eventually. She sighed as she heard Amber's report. "I'll kill 'im, I'll fucking kill 'im. He told me that everything would be working smoothly. Carlos is fucking dead." Addie said.

"Damn straight. He should know how to properly handle these cars. I worked with him under Marcy long enough."

"Oh but you were already a mechanical genius by the time I got you when you were 16." Said a woman with thick wavy brown hair wearing the same uniform that Amber had on. Her hair was in a pony tail through the back of the hat. She walked over to Amber with a smile. This was the best mechanic that wasn't human, in LA. The Succubus Marcy.

Alec moved behind his sister, hugging her from behind and kissing her cheek "I'm sorry I was such a jerk" he whispered, holding her close "I'm sorry it took me this long to get back over here, you should know your little friend landed a good punch and I didn't even whip her for it" he told her though he knew she probably wouldn't think that was so funny. I understand if you are still mad at me and don't want to talk to me but I still needed to apologize" he told her and let her go, going and sitting on Marz's lap, straddling his waist and kissing him deeply. "Well hello there handsome" he whispered into his hair and ran a hand through it, kissing his neck. "Alec, you need to make up for the birthday sex you didn't give me last night but we are in public and I don't think everyone here needs to see that" he told him, laughing slightly and leaning his head back.

Simon watched the two of them have their moment and tried to keep himself from gagging. It was just not right in any universe. He couldn't help but watch as the succubus walked by him though. His eyes followed her body as she walked and he had to consciously force himself to keep his mouth closed. He managed to pull his gaze from her body and back to Addie, who he had been watching almost entirely. He loved watching her, she was beautiful and had an innocence about her that he was drawn to. "It'll be okay, they'll fix it and it'll be as good as new, right?" he asked Amber and her beautiful friend, getting up and going to Adelinda, wrapping an arm around her waist.

Amber turned around, slapped Alec across the face and then smiled at him. "Now you're forgiven." She said before he walked off. She was upset that he'd practically cheated on his boyfriend with her, but she would survive. She smiled as he brother went over to Marz and then she turned back around. She stuck her tongue out and made a face off disgust at the ovely love dovey behaviour of her brother and Marz.

"It doesn't matter that they can fix it. It matters that he hadn't already." Addie said with a frustrated sigh. If there was one thing that she was always dead serious about, it was the cars that her drivers drove being safe. She didn't want her girls getting hurt in the middle of a race. That was unnexceptable to her. Especialy since two of her dearest friends were her most frequent drivers.

Amber and Marcy got the car up and running in under an hour since they were working together. Marcy made her way over to the tent while Amber went to go change. She was still upset about earlier. He may not have thought that her opinion mattered but it mattered to her and that's all that she cared about. She felt the emotions start to boil as she sat in the dressing room trying to clear her head. It eventually got to the point where she couldn't keep them down and she punched the wall next to her, leaving a hole in the wall.

Alec touched his face gently after she slapped him, slightly surprised she had done that. He sat on Marz and Marz chuckled lightly "you did deserve that one" he smiled, kissing him. He watched as Simon went over to her, Alec wouldn't be happy. He couldn't tell how close they were but he suspected they were closer than he let on. Or they at least were before they were turned.

Simon pulled her so she was facing him, a gentle smile on his face "it will all be fine, that's why everyone is here to help you out. Who cares if that jerk didn't check everything to make sure it was good? You've got Amber and Marcy, who blow him out of the water. I know you're worried about your friends but they could probably tell as soon as they got on the track that something was wrong and they would pull off so they didn't get hurt. Have a little faith baby" he whispered, pulling her into a hug and kissing her cheek. "You blew me off again" he started, pulling away slightly "did you call Alec to come and pull me off because you didn't like me? 'Cause usually when I leave my number I get a call later that night" he said, tilting his head like a confused puppy.

Marz smiled "you owe me" he whispered to Alec, who had sat down beside him. "I know, and I'm going to make it up to you tonight" he whispered back, placing a hand on his thigh, close to his hips. He smiled darkly when Marz breathed in deeply, rubbing his middle finger on the inside of his leg "what's wrong baby?" he asked, moving to lick his boyfriends ear. Marz stood up and walked away, without a word, hiding the bulge in the front of his pants till he could find a bathroom.

"No, the only reason I gave even texted you is so you have my number. I'm not some desperate little trollop that you can swoon with that fancy foreign accent. I never was a big fan of the French. After all they weren't much help in the war." She said with a smile as she politely pushed him off of her. "How old are you anyways? I'm almost certain that I'm too old for you." She said as she skillfully worked her way out of his grasp. "Oh and a few things, 1. I'm not your baby, 2. Carlos is not a jerk he just has a lot on his plate." She said as she walked over to the Supra. This was Linda's usual game to see if the guy would chase after her. That was how she decided if he was worth the time and effort of a relationship.

Amber was trying to not entirely lose her temper as she holed herself up in the changing room of the wearhouse. She was pissed that she had to pretend tp be grateful towards the man that killed her brother. He didn't deserve her gratitude, hell he didn't deserve anything but to be put six feet under. She couldn't stand this stupid game she was having to play in order to accomplish her mission.

Amber looked down at her hand and realized that it was bleeding. She sighed and realized that any of the vampires would be able to smell her blood and come to see what was going on. She could only hope that it wasn't Alec, but with her luck it probably would be. Things just weren't going her way today. She then realized that she hadn't seen Alisa since the party last night, and hoper that she was okay.

Johnathan's desk was a mess, layers of papers in varying degrees of legibility covered nearly every inch of wood that had once been visible. On a long table behind him lay various odds and ends, from clips of hair and leaves to vials of odd-colored liquids and sands. If someone walked in without knowing what Johnathan was a student of, they'd probably think he was a madman. Ironically, such a guess, however ignorant, would probably be fairly accurate. As Johnathan "Breaker" Nail shuffled through the sheets of paper on his desk, he considered how well he had settled into this particular location. While working for his previous employer, he stumbled upon what looked like a recipe potion meant to drain willpower. Obviously, a discovery like this, especially from one who claimed (however incorrectly) no supernatural blood, spread quickly among upper-class vampires of the same circle. Within a week, a substantial amount of money was moved from one manor to another, and Mr. Nail moved in the opposite direction. Such is how he came to be in the Mace residence, where his salary and resources were much increased. Johnathan looked at his watch. Speaking of resources, his latest order hadn't arrived yet.

"What do I have to do to-" He stopped mid-yell as his bumbling assistant, an indentured human servant named Willie, crashed through the doors of his study with three vials of blood.

"Willie? Why are there three?" Even as he spoke, Johnathan gathered them up and began to examine them.

"Well, sir, I, um, didn't know whom, er, what, rather, constituted a, um, 'Maiden.'" Willie tripped over words more than doors, Johnathan noted, before casting his eye upon him.

"Willie, were the subjects you collected from alive?"

"Yes, sir."

"Did it occur to you to ask them if they'd ever been married before?

"No, sir. Didn't, um, realize that, um-"

"Shut up, Willie. I'd ask you to go fetch me some tea, but I doubt you'd even get that right. Hmph." Johnathan filed the vials in a holder on his desk; he'd have to test them later. He returned to his work, leaving his assistant in silent uncertainty. The coward didn't even know what step he could take... which gave Johnathan an idea.

"Here, I need to test this out." Johnathan rose, and swiftly retrieved a beaker of yellowish-brown liquid, which he thrust towards Willie, "Drink it, and tell me how it makes you feel."

"Er, I don't-" A flash of Johnathan's cold eyes convinced the foolish man to do as he was told, and he enthusiastically emptied the beaker down his throat. Johnathan stared at him a moment, then produced a small steel pipe, closed at one end, with a hinged lid for the other.

"How does it feel, Willie?" The Breaker leaned in closer, his analytical eyes studying the details of Willie's face.

"C... Cold..." Willie was shaking, and the color was draining from his face.

"Good. It's a life-tap poison. Pulls the life from your cell. Withers your heart. You should die in a few seconds." Johnathan leaned in, and held the pipe under the now convulsing-servant's mouth. The pitiful man tried to speak, but instead of words, a greyish mist exited his mouth, and entered the steel container. When it stopped flowing, Johnathan snapped the lid shut and put it in his coat pocket. "Dying breath of coward. Relatively easy ingredient to collect, and about the only useful thing you seem able to contribute to the Potion of Dead Agency." He was talking to a corpse, now, of course, but he didn't really mind. He rang a bell to summon a slave and returned to his work. When the slave appeared, Johnathan motioned to the body. "Get him out of here, he's of no use to me." The slave nodded and turned, but Johnathan stopped him with a flick of his wrist, "And get me another assistant. A competent one... No, wait, I'll find one myself. Tell the master of the house I'll be out."

With that, Johnathan gathered up a few trinkets and, shaking his head at the dead man, exited his study to gather himself someone more qualified. Perhaps he'd get a woman, this time.

(((I know it looks long, but that's just dialog formatting, I swear. I can condense it if you want, though it'd make it a bit more difficult to follow.)))

[The length is fine, but you do realize that Amber is the only slave in the Mae household, and she's currently gone with Alec to the races. He has a butler though so that should work.]

[It was a very good post by the way]

Simon glared at her back when she started walking away, grabbing her arm and pulling her back towards him "you can't get rid of me that easy love" he said, looking into her eyes. "I've never much cared for the Germans. 'Cause a lot of wars they do, but I don't care, I want to be with you" he told her and pushed a strand of hair out of her face "I don't know who he is but generally when you say you're going to fucking kill somebody I assume you aren't on good terms with them, so I apologize. I'm not going to apologize for calling you baby, 'cause that's what I want you to be to me" he said and pulled her closer "I get it if you don't like me, but don't try and get rid of me by insulting me or trying to make me mad so i'll leave" he said and kissed her gently, expecting to get slapped but he didn't care, he liked the fire she had in her.

Marz had made it back to Alec, a very pissed look on his face "you're a jerk" he said and sat next to him, punching him and knocking him backwards over the chair "shit Marz" he said, getting up and pushing him. He turned his head "do you smell that?" he asked, Marz getting angrier "don't pull that shit right now" he said and frowned, smelling it too "someones bleeding. I'll go check it out" he said and started walking away "no, I'll go, stay here and relax" Alec said and followed the smell, going into the warehouse and went to the changing room, smelling Amber. "What are you doing?" he asked lazily, opening the door and seeing her "do not hit me" he said to begin with and picked her up, cradling her gently "I'm sorry, I'm a dick and I know that. I know you hate me and this isn't helping but I'm doing it anyway" he whispered into her ear and smoothed her hair down. He took his sweater and undershirt off and wiped her hand up, sliding his sweater back on. He wrapped his shirt around her hand, resisting the urge to lick up all the blood "there, all better" he cooed, leaning forward and kissing her forehead "this is me fighting for something I care about" he whispered into her ear and stood up, picking her up at the same time before walking out and back to Marz.

((Ehh, he can be in the Mace household, it's all good))

Amber just got angrier as he fixed up her hand. "You don't care about me. You didn't 8 years ago, and you don't now." She said not even realizing that she almost let him know that she was the little sister of one of his human partners, her brother Milo. She had been hiding in the closet when Alec had ripped a hole through his chest because he thought that Milo had been cheating on him. She'd blamed everything that happened to her afterwards on Alec. She'd started to grow up and realize that it wasn't his fault that she had been kidnapped and used in the Ember Expirement, but he was still the one that took her most important person from her.

Adelinda didn't slap him, she punched him in the stomach. She couldn't stand people saying that about her people, but she made up for it with a quick kiss on the cheek. "Honey I'll never be your baby, but I might be your girlfriend." She said as she proceeded with the setup of the races, with a cute little smile on her face. Mercy stood there with her mouth open. Addie hadn't dated a man in the 200 years that she'd known her. She she'd slept with men but she had only entered into relationships with women, herself included.

Alec frowned, walking back towards her slowly "what are you talking about?" he asked, suspicious of something that she knew and he didn't. He remembered Milo. He thought he was cheating on him with some lowly werewolf and he wouldn't have any of that when he didn't date much to begin with. It was a horrible death that he had given him, he had tortured him first, beating him till he was almost unconscious, bruised and bleeding. He had been yelling at him and had finally ripped his heart out when he had the audacity to tell him that he didn't cheat on him instead of just admitting to it so they could move on. He knew he had a little sister but never knew she had been there when he killed her brother, and she looked so different than when she was little. He had spent time with her as well as her brother but after he killed him he left her without even a goodbye. "How did I know you when you were eight?" he demanded, knowing she wouldn't get two vampires mixed up.

Simon bent over, coughing when she punched him, only to get a kiss on the cheek. He nodded, smiling "that's good enough for me" he told her, bowing as she walked off. He turned, smiling but coughing every so often as he made his way back to the tent, laying back down on the grass with his hands under his head. Marz sat back down in the tent, still pissed at Alec for being the way he was. That was why he never had long term relationships, he was a jerk and a self-righteous asshole. He was fed up with it. He didn't understand how this could happen, he was a nice thoughtful vampire who really tried to be kind and not make anybody angry or upset.

"I said eight years ago. I was thirteen when my brother died." She said as she walked over to the other racers. Marcy walked up next to Alec and sighed. She had known Milo, he was a sweet, faithful guy. He had been very sister oriented, and he molded everything that he did around Amber. That's why she'd given Amber a job at the shop after she got out of the expirements and 16, because she'd known Amber for years and Amber was the best mechanic that Marcy knew.

"Alec you remember your boyfriend Milo Greyson? He was Amber's older brother. I was the first one there after she called for help. She called me, instead of the police, and I found her hiding in the closet. She was so afraid that you would come back and kill her too. Of course, I hope you realize that you killed him for no good reason. The day you said you saw him cheating on you was the day that he and I took Amber to sign up for modeling school, and automotive classes. We spent the whole day in Hollywood, and I have pictures and ticket stubs to prove it. I wish you would have realized that LA does have a few shapeshifters that can make themselves believable seem like a human." She said with a sigh. She remembered how Amber used to hang on Alec's arm and ask him to tell her stories about his past, and now it seemed like the girl wanted nothing more than to kill him, which was understandable.

Adelinda smiled as the races went well. She even let Amber drive a few times, and she won everytime, but she only raced against the best cars, and only for pink slips. She was apparently very good at handling cars, and that made Addie happy as the sun began to set. She was a little sorry that she'd punched Simon so hard, but he did need to learn proper manners towards a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom