Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

End of The World

PalePersonage said:
...and don't let the government or any power take control of your entire life.

Yeah, people are so worried about the Government. They ought to be worried about ConAgra, Pepsi, Exelon, etc.

The future doesn't belong to governments, as governments are ultimately accountable to the people. The future belongs to multinationals, because they are accountable only to this quarter's balance sheet, and they don't have to be responsible for any of their actions.

People ought to stop picketing Obama and start picketing various corporate headquarters. At least the blame would be directed properly, even if the actions would be equally useless.

Mr Master said:
PalePersonage said:
...and don't let the government or any power take control of your entire life.

Yeah, people are so worried about the Government. They ought to be worried about ConAgra, Pepsi, Exelon, etc.

The future doesn't belong to governments, as governments are ultimately accountable to the people. The future belongs to multinationals, because they are accountable only to this quarter's balance sheet, and they don't have to be responsible for any of their actions.

People ought to stop picketing Obama and start picketing various corporate headquarters. At least the blame would be directed properly, even if the actions would be equally useless.

That is only in a democracy, where the government LETS the people decide stuff. Our choices are already being limited by Obama. The healthcare bill limited our choices for our own private healthcare.

If 60% of the voters agreed with you, they'd be able to throw him out of office as is their constitutional right. In any case, if you're going to have a debate about a specific president/politician and any bills instated by them, please make another thread. Otherwise, stick to the topic at hand. Thank you.

I understand, but I was just letting you guys know that this shouldn't be a political debate. I didn't want it to turn into that, so I just shimmied in to stop it before it happened. :P While debating is welcomed in this forum, if you really wanna go at it for politics, make a new thread.

I finally read your first post.

Unfortunately, no one can predict when the rapture (end of the world) will happen. The Bible states it will be as a thief in the night, meaning, no one knows when it will happen.

So you... posted in the thread first without reading what the topic was really about? >_>;;

Nope, but then I did and had to post my opinion. LOL Here are some verse references, if anyone would care.

Matthew 24:42 "Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming."

Matthew 24:44 "For the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.

Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone."

Matthew 25:13 "Be on the alert then, for you do not know the day nor the hour."

0The0Midget0 said:

A) Nuclear warfare. (S.T.A.R.T, hahaha. Yeah right.)
B) We have a Wall-E scenario. We screw up the environment so badly we have no other choice but to leave Earth and find some where else to go because saying here would kill us.

I genuinely think the second could happen. We're halfway there already - either we'll leave the planet (somehow, I don't know whether we'd EVER get technology to leave for good and be able to sustain life properly without making some horrific descisions) or we'd just all die slowly of poisoning, pollution etc.

The thing is, the world ending can't be predicted over such a long time. People can speculate all they want, but if a big enough meteor decides to come over our way to crash into us, we're done for - it might be predicted a week or a few months ahead of time but there's nothing you can do about it.

By the way, the Mayan calander is just supposed to recycle once it reaches 2012.

Mr Master said:
hypergondala said:
By the way, the Mayan calander is just supposed to recycle once it reaches 2012.

That's what I've been saying!

Oh, sorry, I didn't really read the whole thread, just skimmed xD I've been trying to tell my friends but they're still panicking about the 'end of the world'. I'm just gonna sit back, have a coffee and watch them run around like headless chickens. If it DOES happen (which I 99.9% doubt), I still have a coffee, right?

I've always wondered why people seem to worry so much about it. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. Will knowing or worrying about it delay or stop it? I highly doubt it. :p

No, I say if we're fucked. then december 20th im getting shitfaced and doing whatever I want to do. I want to be numb when it happens. Though it probably wont. But I will need the excuse to party hard.

Hmm... Such a fun little topic. Well I have a little paranoid gnome inside of my brain so I worry about Dec '12, but I doubt it will happen, although just for the moment, let me say what i've heard and what to see. First, i was flipping through the channels like a year ago and this brilliant lady scientist was pointing out some idiocies that the other scientists were talking about. First, they were claiming that we would be block off from cosmic energy coming from a black hole. A black hole. You know, those things that ONLY suck stuff in? yup, cosmic energy comes out of those and keeps the planet alive. ROFLMAO, I mean, WTFBBQ?! Okay, enough chatspeak for day. I did however, hear that around that time we will pass through the center of the universe, and the poles will switch. This might mean switched around seasons. Sunny beaches in January. Snowball fights in April. Wouldn't that be cool?! I'd love to see snow on my birthday. actually, I think April would become a fall season... but like, right at the end of fall so maybe some snow.
I know there have been 'signs' in the middle east, what with this war and all that. But I think, or at least hope mankind still has a ways to go before God (yes, I'm Lutheran, at the very least I believe in some kind of great creator) decides it's time to punish us. As for the planet, most likely, we're going to fuck it over, right in the ass. Not enough people give a shit. They just want to drink from their styrofoam cups and drive their big SUVs and watch Cable TV all day long in HD, whooo!
Now i'm not a tree hugger, but I do think it's damn important to look after our freaking planet! The poor girl's been through some rough times, and I really hope it's not an asteroid that does her in. Although that might be a bit of a mercy killing.... >_>
hypergondala said:
I KNOW right?! That's what calenders DO! They start over! Geez! Why are scientists so damn stupid?! -.-

War in the Middle East: Like there has been for about 3000 years? Yes, that'll change the situation up a lot.

Cosmic Radiation from a Black Hole: ...

And why do people think 12/12/12 is going to be a monumentally important date? It's only 1 calendar out of dozens, hundreds, of timekeeping/datekeeping schemes people have come up with over the centuries. What is it on the Jewish calendar? Gregorian? Or is the common accepted calendar the Gregorian and the old version is the Julian? I can never remember. The Hindu have a calendar date system of their own, the Chinese, yes, the Aztecs and Mayans, and so forth. Why would a huge event HAVE to conform to the modern Christian calendar? Senseless and senselesser.

Mr Master said:
And why do people think 12/12/12 is going to be a monumentally important date? It's only 1 calendar out of dozens, hundreds, of timekeeping/datekeeping schemes people have come up with over the centuries. What is it on the Jewish calendar? Gregorian? Or is the common accepted calendar the Gregorian and the old version is the Julian? I can never remember. The Hindu have a calendar date system of their own, the Chinese, yes, the Aztecs and Mayans, and so forth. Why would a huge event HAVE to conform to the modern Christian calendar? Senseless and senselesser.
It's funny, because no one knows the true year in which Jesus was born on anyhow.

I think I posted this image on BM before, but it seems topic appropriate.
tumblr_kvmapcVwc91qzdr4go1_400.jpg

I believe the world is going to end very soon. Actually it won't be the end of the world, but the end of an Age. Nostradamus predicted this over 500 years ago and so far he's been right about Napoleon, Hitler , 911 and he even predicted his own death. It was broad casted all day today on the History channel and there are other things that are going on in the world that have been scribed by prophet. All these protests and war on terror( actually a war on religion) is what it's been referred to in the texts, but still it's pretty interesting.

EvesBosom said:
I believe the world is going to end very soon. Actually it won't be the end of the world, but the end of an Age. Nostradamus predicted this over 500 years ago and so far he's been right about Napoleon, Hitler , 911 and he even predicted his own death. It was broad casted all day today on the History channel and there are other things that are going on in the world that have been scribed by prophet. All these protests and war on terror( actually a war on religion) is what it's been referred to in the texts, but still it's pretty interesting.

Yes, Nostradamus is accurate in the same way that horoscopes and fortune cookies are accurate. Deciding that vague and lyrical passages refer to specific events after the fact is damn easy to do, but prophecies are no good if they don't give predictive advice, and that isn't Nostradamus's strong point.

If he were any good, he'd be like the Rambaldi prophecies in "Alias." Man cited electronics by their part numbers when describing how to build a device whose components weren't to be invented for hundreds of years.

Back
Top Bottom