Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mission Codename: Cannon Fodder (BlisteredBlood & Devxx)

"Dark?" Thanatos asked with an arched brow as he continued to lay there before chuckling a bit. "Well if that's the case, then I should gallows humor more often and see how much of a laugh I get out of you." He answered with another firm spank against her rear then grinned at her once more. Granted, doing what he did last week wasn't exactly one of the more reasonable things someone like him could ever do, but it was a lot better than having to deal with an entire military force in combination with CROSS breathing down his neck. So at least he got one of those massive headaches off of his mind, if one were to think about it.

Soon enough, Thanatos watched as Eris hopped off of him and stood at his side with still kept his brow arched when she looked at him with a Cheshire Cat grin on her face then took up one of the charts that was near him. Soon enough, Thanatos would then sit up on the bed and smirked a bit as she spoke to him in her most authoritative tone, chuckling a bit in reply. "Tests, eh? Not like I've dealt with those numerous times." He answered with another chuckle.

When she asked him to remove his shirt to begin the first round of her "tests", Thanatos simply smirked a bit before he complied as he reached down for the bottom hem of it and pulled it up over his head before setting it down beside him as he then looked over to Eris once again.

"You, my friend, are a very twisted individual." Eris said with a smirk as she watched him. Then again, they were all pretty damn near messed up to be anywhere near here. No one spent the better part of their life hunting down and killing others without there being some kind of damage there. Eventually they just convinced themselves that it was the only way to survive in order to keep their conscience from overloading their system. In a job like this it was better not to have a conscience at all instead of being burdened down by the rights and wrongs of the world.

"Ah, I'm sure you have been through all sorts of tests but nurse Eris' are very different." The girl giggled slightly as she walked over to one of the tables and picked up a white bottle from the top. Turning the bottle over she squeezed a handful of lotion onto her hands before going back to Thanatos. Rubbing her hands together for a couple of minutes she coated them before she gently started rubbing his shoulders. "Your muscles are probably going to be a little sore even after you're discharged so a little massage might help." Carefully she bent down as she applied more pressure to his shoulders making sure to rub the more sensitive areas.

"Lay down on your stomach would ya?" Eris said as she pushed him down so he was face down on the bed. Sitting down she traced her hands over his back making sure to vary his movements and hit all his pressure points. He'd be sore but this should help him a little bit. At least it was better then doctors running around taking all sorts of blood samples.

( Sorry this took a bit. I've been having some problems with my computer. -___-;; )

When Eris referred to him as a "very twisted individual", Thanatos could help but look at Eris with perhaps one of the most frighteningly disturbing yet amused smiles on his face before he burst out in a series of of laughter that would go on for maybe several moments then settled back down into that same smile yet again. It was something more along the lines of a Cheshire Cat grin, like a certain cat of same name that popularized the type of smile in that one movie so very long ago. Granted, Thanatos could be by far and large one of the most lethal beings out there, but it wasn't like he didn't have a sense of humor. Besides, he could be quite the cut up when he could be.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI&feature=related[/video]

"Oh? And how are they different, Nurse Eris?" Thanatos asked with a smile on his face as he watched her with an interested look on his face before leaning forward a bit then lifted a hand up to his chin and arched an inquisitive eyebrow at her while a smirk was playing upon his face as he saw her put some rubbing lotion on her hands as he saw her come around to his back then massage at his sore shoulders. At that, Thanatos gave a bit of a wince before he was pushed down onto his stomach groaning a bit with the effort.

"Hey, ease up on me, would ya? Besides, I'm still kinda banged up, you little brat." Thanatos commented with a bit of a chuckle as he laid there once her hands were now on his back and shoulders, groaning a little bit more, but not really in pain. "Yeah... There ya go..." He spoke as his eyes tightly closed for a moment.

(Hey, join the club. You're in very good company.)

For the tiniest of moments Eris suddenly found herself wishing to be back at the warehouse where he had his sword to her throat threatening to kill her. For some reason that seemed a lot less scary then when he was laughing like a mad man in front of her. Murderous Thanatos she could deal with, at least then she knew just what he was going to do. Yet this was a man that seemed to find the most amusement when he was happily crushing someone's skill or decapitating them so hearing him laugh with that strange expression on his face made her a little wary. Physically he might be getting back to normal but mentally she was beginning to wonder about his stability.

"Watch the tone or I might just find the largest needle I can for your next round of blood tests." Eris warned as she began to apply a little more pressure to his muscles. He was obviously tense with everything he had been going through so she took her time to try and work out whatever knots she could find. Eris found herself humming slightly as she rubbed her hands back and forth on his back with the lotion making his skin slick and soft. Shifting back a little her hands traced all the way up from his shoulders down to his waist and back up his sides making sure to smooth out every sore spot she could.

Bringing her hands down his arms she grasped his hands in her own before leaning down and placing a small kiss on the back of his neck. Rubbing her cheek against his her chest was pressed up against his back as she held his hands in place with her own. "You know, for all the killing, swearing and general alpha male behavior you tend to display you're on the bottom once again." Eris said with a chuckle as she gave his ear a small lick.

( ... at the drum part all I could see was a mental image of Groucho Marx laughing with his cigar xD ))

Granted, that kind of laughter would be enough to send chills racing up and down anyone's spine, but the fact that he uttered such a laugh and gave that kind of smile just seemed to make things a tad bit... well no, VERY unsettling, doubly when he was right behind you and then pressing his katana squarely against your throat before lopping your head clean off of you shoulders without a whit of remorse then watch as your head rolled off of your shoulders, spraying a geyser of crimson up into the air and then rained down on him from up above. Again, he could be rather crazy at times, but it wasn't as if he did it clearly out of madness. That was just how he was sometimes.

"Oh come on, lighten up a little." Thanatos answered with a bit of playful sarcasm in his tone as he felt Eris begin to rub at his shoulders a bit more deeply now as he laid there on his stomach, letting out a relaxed sigh of sorts as he felt her palms wor aroudn each and every tensed muscle that she could find on him.

"That's only because I'm letting you get away with it this time, brat." Thanatos spoke once more before a bit of a shiver ran down his back when he felt Eris's lips press into the back of his neck before smirking at her tongue licking at an ear. "This only time, anyway. Because after that, I intend on flipping over and then pinning you down under me and then... Well, let's leave that up to your imagination." He added with a chuckle.

(Be on the look out for more rimshot moments like that again, Dev. You'll know 'em when you see them. XD)

"Nah, I kind of like teasing you." Eris giggled as she let out a heavy breath. Well, she did have to claim victory of being one of the only people who could talk to him like this and still live to tell the tale. From what she had seen, most people who teased him ended up being cut neatly in half in less then a minute. Then again, most people couldn't get him to take his shirt off or lay on his stomach either.

"Oh? My that's very big talk but I don't think you'll be able to follow through on that. After all, you've been damaged and we wouldn't want to put any unnecessary stress on you now would we? Personally, I don't think you're up to it." It was like they were back on the school yard once more and she was point out a flaw in order to draw him out and get a reaction out of him. He couldn't see it but she was grinning from ear to ear as she kept egging him on to see just what he would do next.

Lowering her hands down his back she slipped them under the waistband of his pants and boxers before giving his ass a little grope. "Putting yourself in such a vulnerable position isn't very thoughtful of you." Eris whispered into his ear as she leaned down and kissed his neck again. "Why if I had some not so noble intentions in mind who knew just what position you'd find yourself in." True her intentions weren't what most of his enemies would have been thinking but another little grope removed all doubt that they weren't just as bad. "Did I ever mention that the second part of your examination is going to require the loss of your pants?" She was smirking now as she pulled on the fabric although they weren't going anywhere with him laying down like this.

( Oh you've already had a couple of those moments so far. I'll be on the lookout for more though. *salutes* )

Thanatos let out a soft chuckle when he heard Eris give out a giggle near his ear as she continued to rub at his back and shoulders. Granted, not many would've lived very long if the circumstances were any different between these two, but the fact of the matter was that here and now, it didn't seem to matter any other way.

"Yeah, but how do you know that I've been making any positive progress?" Thanatos answered with a teasing question of his own before looking up at her over his shoulder, giving her that same Cheshire Cat grin on his face and arched an eyebrow at her as well. "Come to think of it, you haven't really checked my charts very thoroughly, have you?" He asked again, narrowing his eyes at her in a very cat-like manner.

Soon enough, Thanatos felt Eris's hands drift down from his back and felt them slip into the back of his pants and underwear, laughing a little bit as he felt her give his ass a bit of a playful grope. "Now who said you had any intentions, Eris? As far as I know, you've been wanting to do this to me ever since I came to last week." He answered her with a tease of his own and grinned at her once more. "Really now?" He asked as he arched a brow at her as he turned his torso a bit, propping himself up on an elbow as he gave another little laugh. "Then I guess that would require me to turn over." He answered.

"What? Are you questioning my ability as a nurse? Why I'll have you know that I've checked your charts thoroughly." She really did try hard to keep a straight face while saying that but dammit if she couldn't help but giggle during the last part. She'd made a passing glance at his chart and between all the numbers and the scribble that doctors called handwriting she couldn't make heads or tails of any of it. The doctors said they were getting better so she just took their word for it.

"I'll have you know that my intentions are completely pure." She tried to feign innocence even as she gave him another kiss on the back of his neck. "You make it seem like I wanted to jump you ever since you regained consciousness." Well, that part was true enough actually. It was only the doctors telling her that he was in a weakened state that had prevented her from tackling him right then and there. Yesterday they had been interrupted by the doctors once again but today she was going to make damn sure they didn't have any interruptions for quite some time.

"Hm, I guess that means I have to get off." Eris wasn't happy about having to get off of him but it wasn't like he could turn with her still straddling his back. Scooting off she stood up and rearranged her dress which had unfortunately climbed very high on her legs. It was annoyingly tight and she'd much rather lose it for the sake of movement but she wanted to keep this nurse thing going just a bit longer. "Now then Mr. Thanatos. I'll need you to remove your pants so I can continue my treatment."

"Uh-huh." Thanatos answered, trailing off in a deliberate manner as his smile never faded from his lips while his one eyebrow never seemed to drop down from its arch as he watched her take another glimpse at his chart. "Not very thorough, I'm afraid to say." He added with a bit of a seductive purr to his tone as he watched her look up to him again.

"Not to mention you're also one of the biggest liars on earth." Thanatos quipped again towards her feign, closing his eyes for a moment when he felt her kiss on his neck then reopened them towards her slowly with the same smile present on his face. Granted, he was still not quite 100% healed from the events of last week, but he did have a point in that he was making a lot of forward progress according to them. But now that they were alone and weren't going to get interrupted anytime soon...

"There presents a bit problem, Nurse Eris. I'm what most people have called, a belligerent patient." He answered with another seductive purr in his voice as he gave Eris a wink and a smirk as he felt her scoot herself higher up his back and even attempted to fix that all too tight and skimpy "uniform" she wore and then grinned at her with a bit of a wicked intent in his eyes. To demonstrate how "belligerent" he was, Thanatos would indeed turn over onto his back nice and slowly, but would then move to sit up and placed his lips at hers, kissing her rather deeply as his eyes closed. With that momentary distraction in place, Thanatos would only continue to move forward by curling his legs under him as his hands went to the sides of her questionable uniform, rubbing at her sides deeply as he eventually pushed her down onto the bed, continuing the kiss.

"Oh gimmie a break. I can't read what those doctors wrote for the life of me." Eris said with a little pout as she tried to defend herself. Though at this moment she doubted that Thanatos was actually interested in what his charts had to say either. With his tone she was guessing that he had something else in mind and she wasn't going to stop him on that front.

Biggest liars on Earth.

Sad part was he had absolutely no idea just how true that statement was. Even with the time they spent together he really didn't know anything about her that could be considered concrete. Her whole identity was built on a bunch of lies that were tightly woven and protected. If Thanatos knew just what she was lying about or what she had planned she guessed he'd much rather have a sword to her throat then be smiling and playing around. Yet that was for a different time and she pushed it to the back of her mind and decided to enjoy the moment as it was.

"Belligerent? Funny, I would have just called you an ass." She teased him watching him grin like a predatory cat. It seemed like somehow in this whole exchange she had gone from the teaser to being teased. Eris scooted up allowing him to shift positions more easily as her hands brushed through his hair when he sat up and started kissing her. His lips felt warm and she pressed closer to him even as she felt him rub her sides before pushing her down onto the bed.

Breaking the kiss she looked up at him with a smirk through half hooded eyes. "Why Mr. Thanatos, are you trying to take advantage of your nurse? If so, I have to say I whole heartedly approve." Grinning, she leaned up and kissed him again while her hands went up his arms and wrapped around his back feeling the naked flesh under her fingers.

"Well, you might not be able to, but I think I can. Besides, I haven't ha d a look at those things as of yet." Thanatos answered as he laid there on top of Eris's form, peering down at her with his eyes filled with the same amount of "predatory" behavior lacing through his eyes at the moment even as a smile was playing upon his face.

Granted, there still wasn't a whole lot of things he had gotten to know Eris for, but as far as he knew, he had trusted her this much. After all, she was the same person who had brought him away from under the government's thumb and ultimately made the biggest plunge he had to ever do in recent weeks, months or even years, as far as he knew. But then again, something about what Loki had told him that night seemed to creep through his mind propped himself up onto his hands, continuing the kiss with her for a little bit longer before ending it then and there slowly moved his head back a bit but remained close enough to her. Swimming with sharks... He wondered as his expression took on a bit of a bit of a thoughtful look. What did he mean by that?

Soon enough though, his hands soon moved closer to the top of the uniform, grasping at the inner hemline and was about to basically pull the whole thing apart in one swift motion, but he stopped himself just as he was about to. Something was on his mind, but if he were to tell her here and now, what would her reaction be to it? Would she feel the same way and try to get him out under the cover of darkness? Or maybe her reaction would be entirely different and be not what he thought? But instead of telling her what was on his mind, Thanatos slowly pulled himself back from her as his thoughts began to overtake his current mood then sat up on the bed normally.

"Sorry about that kiddo. I guess I'm not all there yet." He said to break the silence before turning his face towards her and giving her a reassuring smile.

For a moment it was actually easy to pretend that they were just two normal people living ordinary lives. That for the past two weeks they hadn't been on the run from all sorts of people who wanted to rip them to shreds. That the weren't in a hospital because he had taken a leap off of a 1500 ft building and had somehow managed to live and tell the tale. For just that one moment they could have actually been mistaken for normal but the buzzing of the machines and the harsh florescent lights broke that illusion with the truth.

Looking up at him with her lips still pressed against his Eris actually wondered if she felt bad about what she was doing. He had trusted her enough, albeit unwillingly at first, to go on a cross country trip with her and put his life in the hands of complete strangers. He had followed her orders and carried out some hair brained scheme that could have easily killed him just because she said it was his only way out. A part of her did feel bad about lying to him this whole time. About using him for her own personal means as he put his life in the line time and time again. It would have been easy to just tell him the truth right now and let the cards fall where they may as she waited for his reaction. It would have been easy but it would have put all the hard work she had gone through complete at waste. So yes, she did feel guilty but that guilt was overruled by a selfish desire.

She needed Thanatos. She needed for him to be in top shape and take down CROSS so she could finally get to him once and for all.

Looking up she noticed a drastic change in his mood as he pulled back and sat up with a reassuring smile. "It's ok." Eris said as she got up and wrapped an arm around him while she rested her head on his shoulder. "It's a miracle you survived at all so I shouldn't have been pushing you until you were fully healed." Her tone was apologetic as she took a deep breath and looked up at him. Yet it seemed like he was bothered by something more then just the physical pain. "Penny for your thoughts?" She asked.

A shake of his head once more was Thanatos's reply as he sat there, feeling Eris lay her head down on his shoulder as he smiled still at her despite there was still something on his mind. But the more that he thought about, the more that he honestly couldn't just bring himself to speak of what happened last night. Maybe he figured it would be best if he just kept it to himself for now so that she wouldn't have to worry so much, but he did have his doubts.

"Nah." Thanatos answered after a moment as his smiling face was still present. "You didn't do anything wrong, Eris. I guess I'm just a little bit tired from the whole thing." He added as he then slowly turned himself around to then lay himself back down on the bed with a sigh and his eyes closing while he laid his arms outward. "Just give me a little while and I'll be up and running again, OK?" Thanatos said with a smile aimed up to her when he reopened his eyes.

Something was definitely wrong but it didn't seem like he was willing to share right now. His body language suggested that it might be something more then just his body healing from the fall but he wasn't telling her what it was. Eris didn't like the fact that he was starting to pull away just when they were at the finish line.

"Ok, you just focus on getting better." Eris said as she stood up and gave him a small pat on the arm. "I'm going to go change into normal clothes before Linnox sees me and has a damn heart attack." Looking down at her outfit Eris had to give a small chuckle. The old man would probably freak out completely if he saw her dressed up like this. Not to mention it might distract the doctors from running some of their tests.

"You're supposed to get some more tests today so I'll stop by later when they're all done. Be on the look out for Linnox too. I think he wanted to talk to you about something." Leaning down she gave him a small kiss on the forehead before turning around and leaving him alone to his thoughts. Eris had quite a few things to sort out herself and right now she really wanted to take a look at those security cameras they had set up around here. Something didn't smell right and she was going to get to the bottom of it.

"I'll be alright, Eris. But yeah, maybe later when I'm feeling a little more frisky, I may have to have Nurse Eris pop in on me again." Thanatos answered with a bit of a naughty grin on his face before resting his head back on the pillow once again while bringing his hands to the back of his head and linked his fingers together as he laid there, sighing in comfort. It was clearly obvious that she wanted to know what was on his mind now, but the last thing he needed to do was to trouble her about it. And even when she mentioned that he would be up for another round of tests today, rolling his eyes and shook his head before looking off to the side. "Great. More tests." He muttered to himself before looking back up to the ceiling. "Just what I don't need." He said before smiling as he then received her kiss to his forehead. But before she moved away too far from his reach, he then turned over to extend his hand out and gave her a little swat on her ass before grinning at her as she left.

"Just to keep you in the loop." Thanatos said as he then grinned at her with a wink aimed at her before laying back once more.

The doctors came and then they left, just as they had done in the days before. More blood was drawn and more tests were taken as the mumbled to themselves in long Latin words they had paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to med schools to learn. For the most part they seemed to really pay him not attention as if he was just another experiment for them to poke and prod to their hearts contents as they slowly tried to unravel the mysteries they found. They reassured him that he was healing and that he would be out of here by the end of the week though for some reason they seemed to be disappointed by that. They were losing a valuable specimen which they would have liked to keep around for quite a bit longer. The whole process had taken less then two hours and as quickly as they had come the men and women in starch white coats left him alone once more.

Yet Thanatos wouldn't be alone with his thoughts for very long as there came a knock on the door before Linnox walked in looked ten times older then he had before. There were bags under his eyes as if he hadn't been sleeping and if possible his hair was splashed with more white then every before. Still, his jaw was set with resolution and those eyes still shone with more youth then you'd find in a man half his age.

"So I hear that you've been getting better." He said as he took a seat besides the bed. "When you fell we sent a team up there to take care of Tetri but he had explosives rigged up to the door so it blew up in our faces. When we finally did get up there the bastard was long gone. No idea how." It sounded as if this was a very sore subject for the man who had let this rat into the very heart of his organization.

"You know he'll be coming back for you right? They'll all be coming for you." Linnox ran a hand through his hair as he locked eyes with Thanatos. There was something meaningful in that gaze learned from years of harsh reality. "That freedom that you wanted; it's not yours yet. They won't stop until you're dead and every time you kill one of them then CROSS will just replace their ranks." He really didn't know why he was saying this. Linnox wasn't one to sugar coat anything so if Thanatos was going to go out in the world then he'd better know the true facts right then and there.

"We can place you under protection. Stick you in the middle of fucking nowhere and have cameras and guards on you twenty-four seven to keep you safe. For some reason though, I don't think you'll like that idea much." The man gave a somber chuckle at that thought. Being locked up like a rat with everyone watching your moves would probably be worse then death for someone like Thanatos.

"Two days kid, that's all you've got left. You'll be discharged and then you'll have to figure out what you are going to do with the rest of your life. I can honestly say that I really don't envy you."

------

In another room blue screens glowed in the darkness as fans worked overtime to keep all the machines cool. Eris sat in the chair with her eyes glued to the monitors watching the footage of what had happened in the past twenty-four hours. There were no cameras in the actual rooms per privacy laws but they were decked out all over the hallways capturing anyone who went in or out of the place. It was then that Eris caught sight of the same familiar figure walking into Thanatos' room with that stupid grin on his face. Loki had paid him a visit last night and god knows what the hell those two had been talking about.

Eris let out an angry growl as her fist slammed onto the table. She had been working far too hard for this to let someone like Loki come in at the last minute and ruin it all for her. She sure as hell wasn't going to let her plans get derailed in the most critical stages.

This little game of theirs had only just begun.

Thanatos only shook his head at Linnox when he spoke as he leaned forward on the bed with his arms over his knees with a look of contemplation on his face. "You honestly think that hasn't crossed my mind? I know they're not gonna stop coming after me and even if I tried to play dead, they would only kick around at my corpse like it was little more than a soccer ball." He answered with a sort of humorless chuckle.

"I also know they're still out there, just waiting for me to just pop my head out. So instead of just cowering behind a veil, I might as well take the fight to them instead." Thanatos added as he turned his expression over to Linnox and narrowed his eyes at them. "Besides, you can send all the guards you want, you can offer me all the protection in the world and it still wouldn't be enough. CROSS is still hunting me for whatever reason and they'll get it one day for certain. But when? When, is the real question at this very moment. For all I know, they could be mobilizing a few more recruits at this very moment and sending them after me and like a game of whack a mole, I could just keep knocking them down and another one pops up like you said. So why am I still hiding when I could just take it to them?" He explained.

And when Linnox got to the point of envying him, Thanatos once again rolled his eyes at the comment. He really shouldn't envy him anyway, not with a bunch of whackos that a re trying to track your every move and then just wait for you to take your first step out into the world like you're still some hunted animal of sorts. It would only make Thanatos shake his head in aggravation before he looked upward in thought.

Linnox only gave a loud snort as he listened to the other man talk. There were plenty of people who would have dug their heads in the sand and pretended nothing had happened but it didn't seem like Thanatos even thought that a viable option. He still didn't understand the caliber of which he was dealing with. The US government was one thing but CROSS had their hands in every corrupt government and terrorist cell on the planet.

"I'm not trying to discourage you kid, I'm just telling you what you'll be up against. This shit runs deeper then eve you could imagine so I'm giving you a heads up as to what you'll be facing." Linnox gave a morbid chuckle of his own as he looked over at Thanatos. This wasn't going to be some cakewalk where he could just go into their base and take them on one by one. Tetri would probably still be out for his blood with renewed vigor and Thanatos still had yet to meet their number 1 and 2 men. Things were only going to get that much harder from this point on and the kid might as well know that. Even thought they had shown the world Thanatos existed the government had still done a damn good job of making sure that CROSS was never mentioned in any of these news reports. The media, the armies, the drug lords, they had everything under their thumb and could play the world like it was a puppet on a string. If Thanatos wanted to bring down an organization that strong he'd need to think outside the box.

With a loud grunt Linnox pushed himself up into a standing position when he heard his knees crack. His body wasn't as young as it had been and age was starting to take it's toll on him. Hell, he was surprised he'd even made it alive long enough to reach this age. "Your future's in your hands kid so do with it what you will. Either you'll do the impossible and take them down once and for all or you'll be killed and buried so deep you'll turn into coal. Either way good luck." Giving him a small salute the man turned on his heels and walked out the door leaving Thanatos alone with his thoughts.

-----------------------------

That wouldn't last forever though and a couple of hours later a familiar knock could be heard as Eris entered carrying a brown bag. Grinning, she threw the bag at him before taking a seat on the bed. "I brought you some real food since I figured you'd be sick of all this hospital food they've been giving you." Of course her idea of real food happened to be the greasiest burgers and fries she could find and while they might kill someone at least they tasted good.

"Just think, only two more days of this hell hole and then you're a free man." She said with a grin as she stole a fry. Two days and then he'd be out in the open where he decided what to do next. No doubt Loki would be paying another visit by then and she'd be ready to intercept him before he opened his damn mouth and ruined everything. Eris was more then ready to put a bullet in his skull and stop that chattering once and for all.

When he heard Linnox give out a loud snort, Thanatos simply looked over to him as if he was expecting him to give him a long schpeel about how he would never make it, but apparently what he got instead was a bit different that he anticipated. At least, it wasn't the same deal that Eris had given him previously.

"Yeah, I already know what I'm gonna be up against, Linnox." Thanatos answered. If his staged battle against Tetri was any indication, then that would mean he'd really have to step it up a few notches in order to really be able to bring him down. Even if it meant he had to push himself to critical levels in order to make sure that British piece of shit never saw the light of day ever again or possibly even make him wish he was never even born. But then again, he didn't even know about the full extent of what CROSS had in store for him, so that was all up in the air as far as that was concerned.

"Thanks for the kind words. I'll make sure to put them on my tombstone after this is all said and done." Thanatos answered with a bit of morbid humor of his own before sitting up with his arms up on his knees and his head lowered in thought with a smile on his face, even as Linnox left him in the room by himself.

It wouldn't be long for him to be alone, though. When he heard a familiar knock at his door, he saw Eris coming back into the room carrying a brow bag with her on arrival then caught it when it was thrown to him with a smile on his face. "Not very nutritious, but hell. It's better than nothing." He answered with a chuckle.

"Well, there's a problem with that. I'm not quite free as of yet, or do I need to explain that again?" He answered with a bit of a smile on his face before looking up to Eris once more with a chuckle as he then took one of the burgers out of the bag and unwrapped it before taking a big bite out of it, munching on it slowly.

"Would you prefer nutrition or actual taste? Besides, it's better then the soup they're serving here." Eris said with a snort as she picked up another fry and popped it in her mouth. With all the times she'd been in hospitals over the years the thing she hated most besides the strange sterility of it all was the disgusting hospital food. It was almost like they wanted you to die from the bland flavor of it all.

"Hm, let's see; you have an evil organization who wants you for god knows what, a group of doctors who would love to use you as a lab rat and a crazy blond girl who keep trying to jump you at the worst possible times. You're really not all that free." Eris gave a slight chuckle as she leaned back on her palms and looked up at the florescent lights on the ceiling as if deep in thought. She still wanted to know what his conversation with Loki had been about but considering he hadn't tried to kill her she could only guess that the little sociopath hadn't spilled anything bad. At least that bought her some more time.

"So any idea yet what you're going to be doing? Unless you'd like to stay here and be used like a pincushion by some quacks you'd better make up your mind and soon." She tried to keep her tone as light and possible while flashing him a smile. No doubt that had been on his mind all day and the decision was going to drive him crazy. His choices were basically fight or flight and he wasn't exactly the type of person to run away. She wanted him to go after CROSS and knock them down but there was no way in hell she was going to let him go by himself. There was too much risk involved and she had to make sure that no one in CROSS survived; that was the only way to make her plan work.

"You have a point there, Eris." Thanatos answered with a nod of his head and smiled at her once he got that big bite of the burger down a little bit later then turned his head towards her. To be honest, despite the fact that he was a genetically engineered superhuman being that was capable of unbelievable feats, but it didn't mean that he could go all day and night without something to eat.

"Nope. Not at all." Thanatos answered with a bit of a snicker before turning his eyes over to her with a grin on his face as he then took another but smaller bite of the burger and chewed on it a few times before swallowing it down. "And to make matters worse, here I have a woman that's looking to jump my bones if I should let my guard down long enough." He added with teasing grin.

When she asked him this question, Thanatos's expression became a more thoughtful look as he then turned his head away from Eris and looked down with that same expression on his face, not really sure if what he had in mind was probably going to lead him into his grave or possibly to victory where everyone else - presumably - failed. Miserably, at that. At that point, Thanatos lowered the burger down a bit before he began to think about his next move with extreme consideration by lifting his unoccupied hand up and itched at his chin a bit with his eyes closed. He knew that anything he thought of at this point wasn't going to settle well with her, so what more could he do?

Eventually, Thanatos gave her his answer in the form of a shrug before he spoke. "You know, I heard the Fox Islands out in Alaska are nice this time of year. I think I might settle down there for a little while and take an extended vacation. Maybe even take up a residency there. You never know." He answered with a bit of a chuckle.

He might have been a super soldier but he was still only human and in this past week she had seen more of that side of him then she thought possible. With all the fights it was easy to pretend that Thanatos was unbreakable but even he had his limits and when he fell he fell hard. For some reason that idea didn't sit well with her to think of him as someone who could actually get hurt in more ways then one. It was easy to deceive him when she believed that nothing could damage him but now that she knew different it was a whole other ballgame.

"Pft, like you should be so lucky." She said with a snort before leaning her back against the side of the bed. "Though if you feel sleep please go right ahead and rest. I promise I'll be completely innocent and not take advantage of you." Eris said with a smile in her most chaste voice. Hey, at least she wouldn't try throwing bombs at him or shooting him though what she had in mind was a lot more creative then any of his enemies.

Eris let out a small chuckle as she listened to his plans while her feet swung back and forth over the edge of the bed. Alaska was relatively quiet and he wouldn't have a lot of people snooping into his business and what not. No doubt he wouldn't have to worry about being attacked by any wild animals or anything considering he was probably scarier then most of the things they had up there. "That might actually be nice, ya know? I'll think of you fondly freezing your ass off while I'm laying on the beach in Maui." The cold never really did it for her and she'd had far too much of it growing up that she wanted to get as far away from the cooler climates as possible.

It actually sounded like a good plan; to leave all this hustle and bustle and move somewhere a bit more remote. But they'd still track him down, no matter where he went they'd hunt him to the ends of the Earth because CROSS never left any unfinished business. Once they started something they'd see it out until the end no matter how far away that person got.

"Me?" Thanatos questioned with an arched eyebrow. "I dunno how I should be so lucky, but I'll leave that opened to interpretation." He added with a shrug of his shoulders before arching a brow at her rather chaste sounding voice. It sounded as though it was a bit of a lie to him, but then again, everything about her just seemed as though it was a riddle wrapped inside and enigma. "Right, right." Thanatos answered with an amused chuckle. "We'll just see about that." He added once more before wagging a finger at her as he then went back to his burger and took another bite out of it and then began to chew on it a few times before swallowing it.

At the sound of her chuckle, Thanatos kept the same brow raised at Eris in thought for a moment as he began to think about what he said. Of course. The promise that he made to her about going to be with her out in Maui. At that thought, Thanatos brought a hand up to his face and then slightly swatted himself with it before looking back to her. "That's right. I forgot about that. Besides, I'd kill to see you in a skimpy looking two-piece bikini." He said after a moment with a bit of a chuckle.

But to be perfectly honest, he did raise a pretty good point. But besides the temperature, Thanatos also figured that once he was in Alaska, he figured that maybe there would be less of a chance of more people getting hurt out there because he had to go absolutely berserk on just one member of the same organization. But then again, any place away from civilization would be fine. And besides, if Tetri was still coming after him again, Thanatos also figured that he would have the advantage over him since there wasn't a whole lot of stuff that could conduct metal if that sword he was using in their "mock" battle that quickly turned ugly.

"But you know, I can always show up in Maui on the off chance that I do take CROSS out. Sure, I might be a little bloody, but then again, what's a little blood without a little fun, huh? Get my drift?" He asked.

Eris shot him a bemused look as he continued to eat making her wonder just what the hospital had been feeding him. He had said before that he tended to get hungry when his body was healing and she was beginning to wonder if she should have brought more food along. Oh well, if need be she could probably sneak a pizza in here without any of the doctors finding out. Heaven forbid that they see the junk food and start yelling at her about how it is going to make the healing process go slower and cause all sorts of damage to his heart. She was a girl who pretty much lived off of diners and takeout and plenty of the doctors here had given her hell for that little fact.

"That reminds me, I really should start shopping for a more tropically appropriate wardrobe." Eris said with a smile as she looked over at him. "I'm thinking that with the warm climate the less I have on the better." With that she gave him a little wink running through some of the clothes she wanted to buy in her head. "Besides, you didn't think I was going to let you out of that promise did you? Don't worry, I'll make it worth your while." Funny what staring down homicidal sociopaths and being chased across the country could do for two people who had tried killing each other during their first meeting.

"Believe me, I've seen how bloody things can be when you're involved. I'm still having flashes over what you did to Sai." Eris shudder a bit while giving him a sidelong glance. He'd pretty much turned the other man into puree with just his sword and made it look like it was nothing. Though Sai was cocky and Tetri had already had a chance to assess Thanatos' skills for himself which gave him more of an advantage then Sai had. Then again that also meant Thanatos knew more about Tetri.

"Seriously though, what are you going to do once it's all over provided you actually survive? Get as far away from people as you possibly can and live the rest of your life out in Alaska in solitude? Spend the day training and becoming one with the tundra?" Sure that was a joke but there was a hint of seriousness in her voice. She couldn't imagine just hiding out from the rest of the world and being by yourself. That seem like such a lonely existence.

"Hell, I might visit you if you promise to keep me warm. The cold and I do not agree." The blond scrunched up her nose and made a face at the idea of a frigid temperature.

"Now that would be a sight to see. Though I think if I went with you out to Maui, I would think that clothing margin would decrease significantly further, especially if it was a beach house with plenty of oceanfront property to ourselves and no rubberneckers to have spy on us." Thanatos answered her teasing tone with one of his own and pointed towards her with a grin on his face. "And hey, now that I'm reminded of that promise, I intend on keeping that promise until the very end and then some." He added as he then smiled at her more naturally now. It was indeed funny, how things first started out. Here these two were, readying to go after each other's throats and now, here they were just a few short weeks later, chatting as if they were merely friends. Well, more like friends with benefits, anyway.

"Sai? That was his name?" Thanatos then asked, blinking at her a few times before itching the back of his head for a moment as he tried to remember who it was he had fought that time. After a little bit of thought, a memory came back to him when he saw that cocky little punk thinking that he could take him on and take him out. Unfortunately, it didn't exactly work out so well for him in the end when Thanatos literally carved him up into ribbons. Then when it came to Tetri on the rooftop of the Sears Tower later on, Thanatos got an idea of how he functioned too. No doubt that Tetri was going to change up his gameplan for him and vice versa for Thanatos as well, now that he thought about this. "Oh yeah, now I know who you're talking about. It was that javelin swinging punk with an ego to match." He said with a chuckle of sorts before shaking his head.

"As for what I intend on doing after all of this is over?" Thanatos spoke again when he was asked this question from Eris. It took a little bit more thought this time around, but it seemed as though Thanatos didn't really have a definitive answer for her, really. After all, what was a super soldier like him supposed to do? Live off the land and hope that he would just simply fade into obscurity like some long lost relic of sorts while the rest of the world just continued onward without him? "You know, I'm not really sure, to be honest." Thanatos spoke once more as his expression took on a more thoughtful look before turning this look of his towards Eris as he put a balled up fist under his chin then rested the point of his elbow down onto his thigh. "I suppose I'll just go back to doing what I do best originally, which is just go from place to place, here to there, wherever it is and blend in so much that I'm virtually unseen by the public. But then again, I suppose an occasional visit to you - maybe even stay with you wouldn't be too bad, either." He added as he then smiled at her once more.

"But, in order for me to accomplish that, I would have to do one thing first, and that one thing is to bring down CROSS from within. Even if I die trying, I'll tell you that much." Thanatos corrected himself as he then brought his hand back out from under his chin and moved his arm around so that it was at his side while his hand was now down on the bed, resting his palm down onto it.

Back
Top Bottom