Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mission Codename: Cannon Fodder (BlisteredBlood & Devxx)

"Hm, you were out for about three days." She shifted on the bed as her feet dangled off the edge and scraped against the floor. It was so strange actually seeing him instead of crazy golden-eyed glory. Even with all his fights and all the wounds he'd taken on their trip she'd never actually seen him in a state like this. Even with all the enhancements Thanatos was still human and subject to pain like the rest of them. She didn't know why but that little realization jarred her more then she thought it would. With everything she'd seen him do lately she had always thought that nothing could stop him but it looked like even he had a breaking point.

"Figures that you'd make it up until the end and then pass out for the encore. Once they figured out just what Tetri had done there was a massive man hunt for him but so far nothing has turned up. It's almost like he disappeared off the face of the Earth." Everything had been on lock down for a bit and when they and after they had disarmed the bomb on the roof they found it completely empty. The helicopter's signal had been interrupted for about a minute so they had no idea just where he had gone. "Linnox lost his damn mind and everything has been on high alert as they tried to hunt out any other double agents in the rank." The had interviewed anybody and everybody which had been a real pain in the ass. Apparently some people hadn't passed their interrogation and were being watched though supposedly she had passed her's.

"The government has been trying to cover their asses but more footage leaked from the super soldier projects and people want answers. We'll see just what happens next though." Sighing slightly she leaned back against her arms and turned to face him. The media smelled blood in the water and people were all abuzz talking about what else the government could be hiding from them. People were going to be in massive trouble but it had yet to be seen if the main people in charge would be able to use their money and power to get out of this.

"Oh, I have something else for you." Her eyes lit up as she fumbled for her pocket and pulled out a thin, yellow enveloped. Grinning from ear to ear she handed it to him. "Inside is a debit card to an account in the Cayman Islands with 150 trillion dollars completely untraceable. There's also a passport in there for whenever you want to leave the country. So it's all done now, you're a free man."

"Three days, huh?" Thanatos asked simply. "Seems like I missed out on a lot." He said simply as he remained on his back in thought. "But, at least I did what I said I was going to do and that was to carry through the plan, even if I had to make a little adjustment along the way." He said to Eris with a small smile on his face.

At her words mentioning that Tetri was a double agent and that all of Nero had been on high alert to see if there were any more of them within their ranks, Thanatos simply looked up to Eris with a quirked brow, seemingly not really surprised that they would do so. A shake of his head was all he had offered before he turned his eyes back up to the ceiling and closed them in thought, remembering what Tetri said before he had made the plunge that nearly cost him his life. Something about that no matter where he would go, he would be a hunted man by all members of CROSS and they wouldn't stop until he was found and either brought in. Dead or alive. However, he had honestly hoped that Tetri got his message that no matter where they thought they would find him, no matter how many operatives were out on patrol to look for him, Thanatos made the promise that he would constantly be one step ahead of them to thwart their efforts.

Looking up to Eris once more when she mentioned she had something else for him, he spotted the yellow envelope that was taken out of her pocket and handed to him. He took the envelope into his hand and opened it, seeing both a passport and a debit card, containing half of the reward money in an untraceable account on the Cayman Islands. He simply narrowed his eyes at this as he sat up onto his feet then slid the two items out into his hand.

However, the response she would get from him wasn't exactly one that she would've loved to have seen stay on his face. Rather, his expression was now a look of thought on his face as he looked at the debit card and the passport. He wasn't exactly so sure if someone could call it that he was now a free man and that everything was done. However, the most he had felt out of all this was that he was nearly free, but the chains were merely loosened.

But, at least for now, he had a chance to get away from them and be on the move as fast as he could to keep CROSS off of his ass. Nodding once, he looked up to Eris with the same thoughtful expression on his face. "You may be right about that, Eris." He said to her. "But I have a feeling this isn't over yet." He answered with a shake of his head.

His little adjustment had nearly scared them half to death. Figures it would be Thanatos of all people to be able to pull a stunt like that out of the air and still manage to survive that kind of fall. She had to admit she was worried when he went completely limp under the water but it looked like he had healed pretty well all things considered.

Eris wished she could say she was surprised by his reaction but she wasn't. In her own mind she was going over all the possibilities herself and as long as CROSS was still running it didn't seem like Thanatos would ever really be a free man. Sai and Abassi were out of the game yet Loki was still AWOL and no doubt Tetri had gone back to base. Not to mention he had yet to meet their top two guys and they were more dangerous then the rest. With all this pressure on the government she had hopped it would take some off of Thanatos but she doubted CROSS would give up so easily. With all the dealings she'd had with them they always stuck with a job until they finished it. Even with all the protection that Nero could offer him who knew just how far CROSS could reach with all their contacts. Their game was international and anything they really wanted they wouldn't stop until they finally got it.

Leaning back on her hands she gave him a hard look trying to figure out just what was going on in his mind. Would he go back to how things were before and hide out in warehouses or would he just go completely off the grid to get as far away from this as possible. This whole mess wasn't over just yet no matter what the higher ups would like to think.

"Would it make you feel better if I dressed up like a nurse and took care of you?" The blond let out a giggle as she teased him. His body was still healing and the added stress wouldn't be any help in the healing process. If she could take his mind off of it for just a bit even just to tease him then that would help a bit. They still weren't sure if he would ever be back to the state he was before or if the fall would have any lasting effects on his body.

"We can get you a whole new identity you know. But honestly, I don't think you're going to be safe until CROSS is taken down." Her tone had changed now and there was something very serious about the way she was sitting. Eris turned her head to the side as if she was thinking very hard about something and deciding whether or not to tell him about it. "They're stronger then anything you've probably ever faced and they control so many things in the world. If you think you're up for it though, I know where there base is." She wasn't making this offer lightly and he'd have to think about it. Right now he had a chance to leave it all behind and start a life that he wanted. If he went after CROSS though, well who knew if he'd live through it.

Thanatos wasn't exactly surprised that his adjustment nearly put everyone on edge for the worst, but what could one have done differently had they have seen that the very person who was actually gunning for your head instead of sticking to the plan that was laid out for them? Chances are, they probably would've done the same in trying to drag it out for what it was worth and then go through with the task. Nobody could've anticipated it, and the results came out exactly the way it was planned in the first place. The media was all over the government's ass, people were making up their minds, and most importantly, Thanatos had fallen off the radar for the most part.

For now, Thanatos remained to sit there on the bed, his eyes closed in contemplation as he began to think about his next move. Does he go out into hiding like he stated in the beginning? Does he choose to go back to where he originally started and hide out in the shadows there and hope things will blow over? Or does he choose to take the fight to CROSS as a whole and finish it once and for all? These things, including wondering if he would be able to make it back alive to see the next sunrise was a very big question to ask, but the answer would not be so clear at this point. There was a time and a place for everything, and as far as Thanatos knew, all good things come to those who wait.

When Eris gave him a little tease, Thanatos smirked a bit before he looked over to her and chuckled a bit at her. "That would be nice. Who knows, I might even let you give me a thorough examination. Just no prostate exams, alright?" He asked in a teasing manner before he veered his head facing straight ahead once again.

When Eris proposed to him that if he was to take the fight to CROSS that she knew the way there, Thanatos blinked a few times before he looked over to her with a brow raised questionably. Had he been in a more satisfactory condition, he would've jumped at the opportunity and then said yes, but as far as his body was concerned at the time, it didn't look as though he would be leaving here just yet. Then again, he wasn't even sure if he could risk Eris's safety once they had left the safety of Nero.

Thanatos once again closed his eyes in though as he laid back onto the bed with a sigh while his face became a hardened look of thought. "Tempting offer," He began. "However, if anyone's going to take it to them, I'll do it by myself. Even if I have to go across all over this earth in order to find them. Look at it this way, I'll at least be able to fight them on my own terms and away from large crowds of people. I said it to Tetri before I made that plunge that no matter where they think I am, I'll always - always - be one step ahead of them. They can send as many operatives as they like, they can send the strongest of them all. One by one, they will know who they're dealing with." Thanatos explained before looking up to Eris once more. "And frankly Eris, I can't run the risk of you getting hurt out there. So for better or for worse, I'll need you to hang back and remain where it's safe. Maybe in that oceanfront property out in Maui we talked about. Maybe here. I know for a fact that you can take care of yourself, but I'm worried that if you're around me when the real battle begins, then they'll try to get you in order to get me to cooperate for whatever reason." He added as he then extended a hand out to her.

"Besides, I've said it in the past and I'll say it again. It's only me they're after. Let them come after me instead of giving them a reason." He concluded.

One would have thought that after everything they had gone through after these past few days it would have all been over. Yet even with all of that it still seemed like the hardest part was only just beginning. Nero was on high alert right now and the government was still trying to cover their asses giving CROSS enough leeway to do whatever they wanted. Who knew just what Tetri had taken from them and how open they were to attack now. From what she knew the man had been with them for at least six months which would be enough time to get into their system if they really wanted to. Not to mention the fact that Loki was out there still didn't sit right with her. The man was always secretive about what he was up to and had his own agenda completely separate from the rest of CROSS.

"Ha, don't worry, no prostate exam. Though I think we are going to need to give you a physical. See just how well you've healed up under strenuous activity." She gave him a smirk of her own as an answer back. It would be interesting to see if he had healed completely or if there would be some sort of aftereffects from everything that had happened.

Turning her head she listened to him talk as her jaw was set slightly in anger. Eris could understand just what Thanatos was getting at but that didn't mean it didn't piss her off with what he was saying. She'd been dealing in danger long before she ever met him and she'd be doing it for long after. While Thanatos might have some need to take down CROSS to finally be rid of them her history with them went back a couple of years and went a lot deeper. To them he was a very annoying nuisance and a potential profit while their grudge against her was quite a bit more personal. "You're cute dude, dumb as a fucking rock but still cute." She was smiling now but there was still a fire of challenge in her eyes as she looked at him. "I wasn't asking your permission, I was merely offering to bring you along when I go after them myself. Frankly you'd have no idea where to start looking for them and you don't have the connections or the people skills to figure out where to go. While you might be able to strong arm some answers out of people I'll still get there before you." If Thanatos thought for a moment that she was actually going to hang back and let him take the lead then he must have hurt his head more then she first thought.

"And they're not only after you. I've had my own personal dealings with them before you were even in the picture." Her history with CROSS was sordid at best and no doubt she was still a target herself. Not to mention she had something that they desperately wanted to get back.

Shifting on the bed she moved so that she had a hand on either side of his shoulders and leaned down so that they were just a few inches away from each other. The blond hair spilled down her back brushing against his face as she smirked down at him. "So now why don't you just rest here like a good boy and I'll go tell the doctors that you finally woke up. Cooperate and we can give you that physical later." Admittedly she was taking advantage of his now weakened state but Eris was never one to listen to reason even if it might be for her own best interest.

Thanatos gave a smile and sighed in a relieved way when he heard Eris tell him that there would be no prostate exam in store for him. Last thing he would've needed was further insult to injury by having her finger around in his ass. But moving away from the subject, at the very least now Thanatos would soon receive a physical to determine if a great deal of the damage he had suffered from the fall was still present or if there was any complications. In truth, there were parts of his body that were still sore and all that, mostly in the arms and back area as well as his right knee, but it didn't feel as though there would be any lingering problems. It would probably require some extensive looking over to just make sure.

At her comment however, Thanatos arched a brow before he looked over to her with a perplexed expression on his face as he saw the challenging fire in her eyes, one that seemed rather dead set on going with him to end this little matter. Annoyed with this, Thanatos sat up on the bed with a great deal of annoyance on his face before he shook his head at her with his eyes narrowed. "You honestly expect me to believe that, do you?" He asked her. "How do you intend on keeping up with someone like me? Are you intending to have your fellow operatives build the fastest machine that can take you from point A to point B in less than three minutes over a 20,000 mile trek, getting 150 miles to the gallon and then boom you're there?" He asked again, demanding an answer out of her with his current tone of voice. "Very well, you and everyone here can believe what you want to believe, but the one constant that's going to remain the same as always is that I am going after them. On my own time." He informed her directly by pointing her directly.

Soon enough, he watched as Eris came over to him and leaned over him to push him back onto the bed so that they were eye to eye with each other, the aggravation in his eyes soon fading as a smile soon came upon his face. "Alright, I'll be a good boy for now." He said with a chuckle.

Eris breathed a heavy sigh as she looked over at him. It seemed as if they were in a stale mate and neither was going to give up any time soon. True she might not be able to keep up with him if he decided to go ahead a hundred percent but he wouldn't even know where to start. Oh well, that discussion was neither here nor there since it didn't look like Thanatos was going to be running around for at least a week. Now that he was awake the doctors would probably like to run some more tests on him just to see the degree of damage that he took and how well he was healing up. Who knew if he'd ever really be back up to his full state again or if he had been damaged beyond repair. It's not like any of them had ever really dealt with anyone like Thanatos before so they were pretty much working in the dark right now.

"Yeah sure. Being a good boy for you pretty much means not killing everything in sight." Eris teased as she got off of him. A small cough coming from the door alerted them to the presence of a team of doctors in white coats who looked oddly embarrassed. "Um, we heard he was awake so we wanted to run some diagnostics tests but if we're interrupting something...." The lead man said as a faint blush crept on his cheeks. She'd really have to remember to close the door or at least not jump him as frequently if they didn't want things like this to keep happening. "No, I was actually just on my way. He's all yours." Eris said as she waved goodbye to Thanatos before exiting and leaving him in the hands of their medical team. Hopefully the tests wouldn't take too long and they'd come back with some good news after it was over.

"So, do you think he knows?" Looking up she caught sight of Linnox leaning against the wall with the same serious expression on his face. Come to think of it, she'd never actually really seen him smile before. "Nope. He's still in the dark." Eris said with an easy shrug as she walked past him. Despite what they might have told him, this was all far from being over.

Aware of the stalemate between them, Thanatos simply locked eyes with Eris still as the smile remained on his face for the time being. Sure, he didn't know where CROSS main headquarters were, but that didn't mean he could wait for them all to come out after him someplace where he could face them all on his own terms, not theirs and take them all down one by one if he had to. It would mean he would have to face the entire shadowy part of the world, but who was he to care at this point? If he felt as though he could take them all on and eventually out, then so be it.

Thanatos would eventually give out a chuckle at Eris's remark as he watched her get off of his body before suddenly being alerted to a cough being uttered from out of his peripheral vision. Glancing over, he spotted a rather flustered doctor standing there, wondering if he was bother the two. With a simple shake of his head as he sat up carefully, still minding the stinging sensation that occasionally made parts of his body feel as though it were on ground glass. Chances are, he would need at least a week to ensure a full 100% recovery. Looking up to Eris, he raised a hand up to her and waved her goodbye as well before looking over to the medical team that now came in to see him.

"Well boys. Let's get this over with. I know you're all wondering the same thing if any part of me took any serious damage from the big fall. Most I can tell you here and now is that my arms and leg are still kinda stinging." He explained to them.

The doctors got busy running whatever tests they could possibly think of. Blood was drawn, x-rays were taken and they barraged Thanatos with a million different questions about how he was feeling and if anything hurt. No doubt they were more then a little excited to have a specimen like this at their disposal and they wanted to go through every little thing that could be wrong and leave nothing to chance. The lab techs already had a field day with some of his blood work prior to him waking up and they were wondering to see if anything changed now that he had regained consciousness. It was already close to a miracle that he had healed as quickly as he did so the doctors were more then curious to see just what he was capable of.

The whole process took the better part of the day and by the time they finally left him alone it was already dark outside and many people had gone home. All that was in the room was Thanatos and whatever machines they had hooked him up to in order to monitor him. Yet the humming of the monitors was interrupted by a sharp and almost happy whistle that echoed through the corridors and got louder and louder the closer it got to his door. With one fluid motion the door was opened and in stepped a grinning figure he had seen once before.

"Hey buddy. Can you believe they won't let a guy smoke here?" An easy laugh sounded in the room as brown eyes turned towards him. Loki was all smiles and calm demeanor even though he was deep in the heart of enemy territory. "Some trick you pulled on Tetri. The man looked pretty beat up from what I saw." Again his was chuckling as he leaned against the side wall and turned his gaze to Thanatos. With one hand he scratched his chin as if in thought before pulling his hand away and taking a moment to examine his nails. "You'd think in a place like this they'd have better security..."

Thanatos simply rolled his eyes as he had to explain himself a million different times to each of the doctors that came to interview him about his current physical condition, somehow not really enjoying the fact that he had to be literally poked, prodded and even tested so many times. Hoestly, he just wanted to be done with it all so he could get up and out of this place so he could go out and hunt down CROSS on his own terms. After some time with the doctors and all that, however, he would soon be redirected back to the room he stayed in previously, hooked back up to all of their monitoring equipment.

He had only begun to sit there on the bed, looking out the window in through as he was left to his thoughts when the sound of a whistle caught his ears. Probably one of the security guards out working the detail and nothing more, Thanatos thought as he then glanced back to the window once more. Soon enough though, Thanatos's attention was soon brought back over to the door with a wide eyed look and then frowned bitterly when - big shock - Loki of all people decided to make himself known to him. He was nearly about ready to tear off after him had a bit of a stinging sensation stopped him for a moment and winced, making him grab for his shoulder. Of course, still having needles and such still in you was still going to present an equal challenge as well.

"You again... I thought I sent you clear to hell when I batted that grenade back at you." He snarled at Loki bitterly with his eyes narrowed.

"Aren't we ever the cheery one?" The man didn't seem the slightest bit phased by Thanatos outburst was instead looked more interested in his shoulder then anything else. Surrounded by all these machines and holding his shoulder like that the man seemed a far cry from when they had last met and he was batting his explosives like they were playing baseball. Loki was always interested in building and he was just as interested when it came to destroying. It was amazing to push something right up to it's breaking point and then watch it crack right down the middle when it finally couldn't take any more. It seemed that even someone like Thanatos had a limit to what he could and couldn't do. Admittedly the man was a bit surprised to see him in such a state but after that little leap of faith it was a freaking miracle that he wasn't dead instead of just on bed rest.

"Looks like you got some problems yourself." Loki said absentmindedly as he scratched the five o'clock shadow on his chin. Still grinning he sauntered over to where Thanatos was and peered at one of his charts before giving a low whistle. "Man, were you lucky you weren't smashed into itty bitty little pieces. When you get out of here you should try playing the lottery to see if your luck holds." Loki's tone sounded as if he was talking to an old friend instead of someone he had tried to kill just days earlier. It was always difficult to tell with this man just where you stood in his sight.

"I don't know why you're always so pissed when you see me. What have I ever done to...oh...right. Well that's all in the past isn't it? How about we start fresh?" Loki still had an easy grin on his features as he held his hand out to the other man.

Thanatos only continued to keep his eyes on Loki as he approached him, thinking of him as something more of a cockroach that seems to keep coming back, no matter how many time you kill it. Either that or there would be more of those little bastards scurrying around here somewhere and he wasn't even noticing it yet. Regardless of which, Thanatos watched as Loki look at him from all sides, top to bottom, the charts that adorned his bed and eventually back at the monitors. Just what was this guy getting at, he wondered to himself. Even with the way he just sauntered in here without raising an alarm was equally as suspicious if not more.

"I'll consider it," Thanatos answered him. "But after I deal with a few other things here first, if you don't mind. I know I'm 100% yet, but in due time, you and your friends won't see me coming." He warned Loki outright with a narrow eyed expression and a shake of his head.

But then, the most unexpected thing came about. Loki had extended a hand out to him as if he was merely talking to an old friend that he hadn't seen in forever. It only made Thanatos suspect Loki's intentions even more, for how did he know this wasn't some sort of set up to just leave him there with perhaps a timed grenade on him or something of the sort? There was a degree of reluctance that could be seen on Thanatos's face as he shook his head at the offered handshake before he replied again.

"Just tell me what you're doing here." He demanded.

All of Thanatos' threats seemed to go completely over Loki's head or he didn't even bother taking them seriously anymore. He had seen just what the other man was capable of time and time again but it was hard to take his threats seriously when he was lying on a hospital bed. Thanatos wasn't in any shape to act on his threats and Loki wasn't really looking for a fight at the moment. "Friends, what friends? Believe me, when you work for CROSS the people you are closest to are usually the ones who are trying to kill you." Loki said with a snort as he shook his head.

"You don't trust me?" For a moment he actually sounded a little hurt but that quickly faded as he started to giggle like a kid. "Hell, I don't really trust me either." Loki put his hand back down and took one of the seats next to the bed. Even thought he was in the middle of enemy territory it didn't seem like he was in any rush to get out of here. This whole place was crawling with people who would happily murder him on the spot but he seemed completely relaxed. That was the way Loki was, he just didn't seem to take even the most hostile situations seriously and preferred to laugh them off instead of growling or shooting his mouth like the rest of his colleagues.

"Well, I'm here to check up on you. Sure the US had to admit that you were dead but there are plenty of people out there who are still willing to pay top dollar for you to create their own super soldier program. Sadly, we were all thinking of you as completely indestructible but that doesn't seem like the case." Loki gave him a once over like a mechanic looking at a rare car that had just been wrapped around a tree. "You're damaged goods now buddy boy and people don't like paying top dollar for damaged goods. So hurry up and get better would you?" His tone almost sounded like he was indignant that Thanatos had gotten hurt in the first place.

Thanatos scoffed for a moment, somehow believing Loki's statement. "Yeah. That Tetri guy was a real piece of work. He seemed pretty dead-set on making sure you got the axe, albeit he was wanting to put it into the back of your head." He answered with a shake of his head and a roll of his eyes before looking at Loki.

"No, I don't trust you. For all I know, you're just as likely to try and stick a knife in my back when I'm not even looking." Thanatos added as he narrowed his eyes at him with a slight degree of frustration forming in his eyes as of right now. As a matter of fact, how did he get into this place with no one even noticing? Wasn't there supposed to be guards at every entry point and exit around this place? Man, he was so going to chew people out for this.

"As for how I'm doing Loki, I'm fine. Yeah, I got a little banged up, but as long as I get plenty of rest and food, I'll be right as rain again. Besides, I need time to heal, you know." Thanatos answered. "How would you like it if you had to deal with some card carrying member of the same organization swinging around an electrified greatsword while you're 1500 feet up off of the ground?" He added, his tone taking on a bit of annoyance now.

"Yeah, he's been after me for quite a while. Still, I'd rather take them over your guys any day of the week. At least we admit we're the bad guys and are upfront about our oh so dubious intentions." Loki leaned back and scratched his head before turning back towards Thanatos. The most dangerous people in his life happened to be the ones he called his colleagues. They were always gunning for first place in CROSS and if that meant having to kill the competition, well then that was just business wasn't it?

"A knife? How low tech and quaint." Loki smirked as he turned back towards the bed. No doubt he was getting more and more annoyed with every passing minute and after spending the day being poked and prodded the last thing he probably wanted to do would be to speak with someone who had tried to kill him on more then one occasion. "If I'm coming after you then you need to be worried about bombs and lasers instead of swords." How these people could survive using such archaic technology was beyond him. It seemed so brutish to him.

The man quirked his brow at Thanatos tone and cracked a smile. Falling from 1500 feet off the ground while being chased around by a maniac with electricity wouldn't have been his idea of how to spend the day either. "Hm, I personally wouldn't have put myself in that situation in the first place. In case you haven't figured it out, I'm not really one for the whole greater good thing."

With a grunt he pushed himself up off the chair and made his way towards the door. "Well, get better man. And you really should start taking my advice ya know. I told you to watch out for yourself but you keep getting in the pool with sharks." Then with a small wave Loki opened the door and walked out leaving Thanatos by himself.

Once again, a scoff was soon released from Thanatos as he kept his eyes on Loki who in turn was looking at him as if he was little more than a chained up pit bull pulling on its chains to get after whatever it was it was wanting to chase before he shook his head at him.

Thanatos arched a brow at his next comment before emitting a sort of unimpressed sound himself. Bombs and lasers. The very idea, he seemed to say as he looked at Loki with an incredulous look on his face and folded his arms across his chest. "You already know what I'm capable of, Loki. So if I were you, I'd keep that cocky attitude of yours in check while you're still allowed to breathe." He answered him sternly as he listened to him carry on.

With that, Thanatos was soon left alone, leaving the man there with a bitter look aimed at the now closed door. Just what was Loki getting at? Thanatos thought.

It was around early morning when Eris showed up at the facility again. She heard the doctors had been running all sorts of tests on Thanatos yesterday and she doubted that had put him in a good mood. The lab techs were have a field day looking over his samples like it was the most interesting thing they'd seen in their life. She couldn't deny that the man was special and no doubt the doctors were already thinking of all the uses they could put out just by reading his genetic make up. As long as he was getting better she honestly couldn't care less what his DNA said. With her heels clacking against the marble of the halls she walked over to the kitchen to grab his breakfast before heading back towards his room.

Standing in front of the door she knocked once before deciding to let herself in. The woman entered carrying the tray of food and a grin on her face as she did a little turn so he could see exactly what she was wearing. Eris had made good on her promise and had actually gone out and bought a nurse uniform from one of the local costume stores. The white dress was far too short and low cut to be worn by a real nurse but it hugged her body and she thought it looked cute. Of course the whole outfit was topped with a hat and a stethoscope she wore around her neck.

"Brought you your breakfast." Eris said as she put the tray down next to his bed. "Told you I'd dress up like a nurse if you behaved. Since I didn't hear of any doctors dying yesterday I'm guessing you actually behaved pretty well."

At first, Thanatos was in fact a little aggravated over the fact that - oh boy! big shock - he was once again met by the same team of doctors that had began to run a battery of tests on him. Honestly, he just wanted to get out of this damned hospital and get out into the world now that he had no other prior obligations here anymore. Well, aside from meeting Eris out in Maui, anyway. Come to think of it, where was she anyway, he wondered. He figured by now that she must've been pretty aggravated with him after their little stalemate.

True to form though, Thanatos looked over to the door as it opened, revealing Eris in a rather scantily clad "nurse's uniform". The sight of this made Thanatos look at her with an arched eyebrow and a smile on his face before he shook his head and even laughed at this a bit before he watched her move close enough to him to get a better look.

"Well well, Nurse Eris." He teased her in a playful tone of voice. "What's my prognosis so far? Am I gonna be able to run a marathon again?" He asked, chuckling a little bit.

Eris merely snorted and rolled her eyes as she sat down on the foot of his bed. Of course they hadn't come to an agreement yesterday and that was still on her mind but she'd bring it up at a later time. Right now it didn't seem like either of them was likely to change their mind and it wouldn't even matter until Thanatos was back to his normal health once again.

"Aren't we funny? Watch that tone mister or I'll have one of the doctors come in and give you that prostate exam." She warned as she turned her head towards him. She was teasing of course since she was pretty sure anyone who got near to that specific part of his body would probably end up with a broken arm. "Or what about that big surgeon? I could get him to come in here and ask you to turn your head and cough." He was laying in a hospital bed after breaking who knows how many bones but she still couldn't pass up the chance to get under his skin.

"So how are you feeling? Need your favorite nurse to give you an exam?" Eris was trying hard not to bring up what happened yesterday but it was still in the back of her head. Still, right now she just wanted him to get better.

Thanatos noticed the scoff and the roll of her eyes as he watched Eris move to the foot of his bed to sit down in it. So apparently, it was still fresh in her head after their little argument, he figured. But the one thing he knew he wasn't going to argue with as of right now was the fact that he still needed to do a little more mending before he could be considered medically cleared. But to be honest, it honestly felt as though he was feeling a tad bit better from last night, even with the minor inconvenience of seeing Loki standing there were Eris was not more than hours ago.

"You do that and I may reconsider being a good boy, Eris." Thanatos shot back with a grin on his face and a chuckle as he offered a wag of an eyebrow while he brought his arms up and above his head before curling his hands back down to lift his head up a bit more as his smile remained there soon after. "But then again, the last time we had to define me being a good boy was when you were being a bad girl." He added, soon wagging a finger at her with one eye closed and a smirk playing upon his face.

"As for how I'm feeling Nurse Eris, I gotta wonder. How thorough is your exam?" He asked with another chuckle as he looked her up and down in that rather form fitting outfit of hers. Not for nothing, but perhaps Thanatos made quite a catch.

"Moi? Never. Why I'm the very picture of innocence." She really did try her hardest to keep a straight face when saying that but it lasted all of about a minute before she was cracking up once more. In the moral sense, none of them could really ever be considered good people. They had all killed far too many people to deserve that title and if there was a god they would surely end up in hell. That was for later thought and Eris had long since decided that if she was going to meet her maker she was going to do it with a cheeky smile and a sarcastic remark. At least Thanatos looked like he had a bit more color today then yesterday which was a sign that he was still healing nicely. If they were lucky he'd be back to his old self in no time.

"As thorough as I need it to be." She answered with a wicked smile of her own. Taking a quick glance at the door she made sure that it was closed before proceeding any further. The last thing they needed right now was for a team of doctors to bust in once more and just bring an awkward atmosphere into the room. Content that it didn't seem like anyone was going to interrupt them she got on her knees on the bed and crawled over to him so she was staring him down once again. The doctors had their tests so maybe it was time to try out one of her own.

Leaning down she kissed him square on the lips as her hand buried it's in his hair only deepening the kiss as her tongue brushed against his bottom lip. "I think I need a better listen to your heart beat." Eris said as she took off her stethoscope and placed one end on her ears before moving the other end underneath his shirt to where his heart was. Of course the metal was still cold but it should warm up after a couple of moments after contacting his skin. Of course she took this little moment to trace her other hand over his chest while she climbed on top of him and straddled him once more. It would be important not to push him too hard or hurt him accidentally. "Why don't you tell nurse Eris what she can do to make her patient feel better?" The girl said with a smirk and she leaned down and started kissing his neck.

"Right. And I'm the prime minister of Iran." Thanatos answered with a bit of a devilish smirk on his face. Granted, he wasn't exactly a saint with all of the things he had done over the course of his lifetime, but the fact remained that he had to do everything he could to get to this point. Would he do it all over again, somewhere far away in another universe or possibly in another time frame? Who knows, Thanatos would surely tell you. But then again, how would that person know? In truth, Thanatos was looking a lot better than he was yesterday, given the fact that he was still a tiny bit sore from the whole affair. But, at least he'll be released from this place soon as long as he continued to make positive progress.

"I'd sure hope so, Eris. I wouldn't wanna have to sue you for malpractice." He answered as he saw that wicked grin on her face, smirking back at her in the same manner as she went over to the door to ensure it was closed. Honestly though, Thanatos was actually thinking the same thing Eris was, for the last thing they needed to deal with was with a group of doctors that barged in on them, thereby making this a little bit - no, more like very - awkward. When it seemed as though the coast was clear in her eyes, Thanatos would see Eris move over to him once more and crawled over him, locking eyes with her once she was hovering above him.

After receiving her kiss directly to his lips along with the added tonguing, Thanatos would then move one of his hands up to Eris's back, rubbing it tenderly as he felt her hand move itself into his hair before feeling her breask it off for a moment to speak to him. "Oh?" He asked with an arched brow as he sees Eris remove her stethoscope from around her neck and then moved it onto his chest, his skin getting a little goosebumpish from the cold metal touching it from under his shirt. Sure enough, his heartbeat was heard through the thing, the sound channeling from from the listening part of the instrument and to the earbuds in her ears. A smile was still present on his face as he watched Eris adjust her posture on him so that she was straddling him once again. "Well Nurse Eris," Thanatos answered. "It has been quite a while since I saw you last, so maybe it might help to help me get a load off?" He asked with a bit of a wink aimed at her.

Eris let out a small chuckle at his remarks as she listened quietly to his heart beat. Obviously his attitude still remained perfectly in tact even with the damage his body had taken. His heart beat was stable though and from what she could see it seemed like most of the bruises were healing up quite nicely. "Well I do have some good news. Some of the doctors were talking and they said that if you kept healing like this you'd be out of here by the end of the week." What was going to happen to him once they discharged him was still primarily his decision but as far as the US government was concerned he had died leaving him in the free and clear with whatever he wanted to do.

"Oh? Does your insurance cover that kind of special treatment?" She shot back with a grin of her own as she pulled back the stethoscope before placing it on the table nearby. "Ya know, at least when you're unconscious you're not as much of a smart ass." She was teasing him now as she shifted slightly from side to side on his hips like she was in deep thought over what to do next. Given her current position and the length of the costume it was riding up and revealing far more then she had intended with glimpses of pink lace underneath. It made her exceedingly glad that she had remembered to close the door this time because there would have been almost no way to explain this to the doctors without dying of embarrassment.

She could feel his hand rubbing against her back as she leaned down again and started kissing his neck down from his jaw to his collar bone. Her hands slid under his shirt and started rubbing his sides as gentle fingers traced down from his chest to his hips and then back up again. "If you ever scare me like that again I'll kill you." Eris said with as serious expression as she could muster before placing a small kiss on the center of his forehead. Every movement was slow and deliberate as her fingers traced over his warm skin like she was making sure he was really there. She didn't want to hurt him any more though as her lips moved to the crook of his neck where she sucked on the soft flesh while her thumbs brushed over his nipples under his shirt.

When she mentioned that she had some good news for once, Thanatos arched a brow at Eris when she told him that if things were progressing smoothly for him like it was as of currently, he could be out of this hospital by the end of the week. In all honesty, he couldn't wait to get out of here and ultimately put some distance between Nero's complex and everything else in between, ultimately disappearing off of the map. He didn't know how he was going to do it all and in such a short period of time, but the one thing he knew for certain was that Thanatos had to pull this disappearing act on his own. But the other nagging issue of still have CROSS breathing down his neck would also present a new series of challenges, particularly with Loki ever since the encounter with him last night.

"I think my credit's good, don't you think?" Thanatos answered as he then moved a hand back to her barely clothed rear and then gave it a swift but playful spank when she asked him this before rolling his eye at her tease.

"Trust me on this Eris, that's probably the last thing I intend on doing for a long time. Well, unless if there's something else planned, anyway." Thanatos spoke with a bit of morbid humor escaping him as he then received Eris's kiss to his cheek then glanced down to her hand tracing over where his nipples were under his shirt before looking back up to her as his hand swept under the uniform she wore, getting a feeling of something rather lacey under it.

In the long run maybe she should have felt bad about lying to him for so long. Maybe there was a part of her that wanted to tell him what was really going on. Tell him the truth behind CROSS, Nero and even her role in the whole thing. After all that he had been through he should have at least heard the truth but she couldn't tell him just yet. It was her own selfish desires that kept it a secret from him even if he had risked his life for the sake of their twisted little plan. He'd find out eventually though. Eris was counting on CROSS to still think he was alive and to keep coming after him one way or another. His journey was far from over and while he didn't know it just yet he was still being played like a puppet. Anyone with any real grasp of morals would have told him what he deserved to hear but she simply smiled down at him as if nothing was wrong.

Eris jumped as bit as she felt the small spank before looking down at him with what she hoped was an annoyed look but she couldn't keep the smile off her face. "Well that's dark. Are you planning on jumping off any more buildings in the near future?" she shot back as she felt his hands under the costume uniform she was wearing. Poor guy, if only he realized that jumping off another building was going to be the least of his concerns. Especially when you had an organization filled with murderous sociopaths coming after you and were being used as bait. Leaning down she pressed her lips against his and kissed him once more.

After a minute, Eris pulled back and looked down at him with a very wicked grin. Hopping off of him she walked over to the side of his bed and grabbed his charts before looking them over quickly. "Well Mr. Thanatos." Eris began as she tried to use her most authoritative voice. It sounded completely ridiculous to her ears but dammit she was going to stick this nurse thing out just a bit longer. "It says here that we're going to have to perform some tests today to see how you're doing." Brushing a strand of blond hair behind her ears she looked up at him expectantly. Of course the chart said no such thing but it was a means to an end and this way she could get him to take off his clothes without wrestling with him which would surely end in her failure.

"Now then, why don't you take off your shirt so we can begin the first round of tests?" Sure what she had in mind of him wouldn't be considered standard in any hospital but dammit if it hadn't been a long week and they both needed to unwind. Physically Thanatos might have been improving but he probably still had quite a bit of energy in him and no way to get it out while in the confines of a hospital bed. At least that would be her excuse if they were caught.

Back
Top Bottom