Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pantsless Pirates [OOC]

I don't mind feedback from players and gm regarding how I play Zahn, though I do prefer critique sent via PMs. Commentary on what happened in game is completely fair publicly though

@Lord_Red when the Orc managed to hit Zahn despite the Disadvantage on his attack roll, what did the orc hit with? Was it an improvised weapon or a club or something else? Also, how hard is it for Zahn to keep a grip on the Orc in the grapple? Is the orc stronger or weaker than Zahn? (I am curious, since 20 STR is the peak of strength for humanoids, according to the rules in DnD, barring magic items and effects such as the Barbarian reaching a certain level in the double digits, getting the chance to ASI their STR to 22)

Last edited:
He's using a sap.
It's not particularly difficult-the orc is strong, but more in the "I'm a big boy" way and not in the "I'm the peak of physical strength" way.

A 1d4 weapon that relies on STR and the Orc does not have +6 as a modifier... yet he got a 10 as a total damage value... šŸ¤”

I'm assuming Zahn has been at sea with these pirates for months at this point: how powerful is this Orc that exceeds 37 HP worth, compared to the average seaman? And how strong is the Average Joe?

1d6 weapon, for the sap. And he's a Brute. Quoting from the rulebook...
A melee weapon deals one extra die of its damage when they hit with it (included in the attack).

Also, your turn hasn't rolled around yet. Once he takes 20 more damage, he will be down and out-but we're waiting on Helena and Nanbako.
Though these guys are tougher than your standard crewmembers-they'd have something like 10 HP.

Is that from an UA? The thing I found about a Brute is the fighter subclass and it adds one die separate from the weapon, if the weapon attack lands.

In the interest of understanding the world more, are the average Hunter and Reef Sharks as strong as what can be found in the Monster Manual or are they uptuned? Would Zahn be able to reliably hunt a Hunter or Reef Shark, like he would be able to one of the ones found in the 5e Monster Manual?

It's a monster trait.

And yes, the average sharks are as presented in the Monster Manual. You could definitely take a shark down, though underwater combat is a bit tricky without water breathing.

And yes, the average sharks are as presented in the Monster Manual. You could definitely take a shark down, though underwater combat is a bit tricky without water breathing.
It's a good thing Lizardfolk can hold their breath for 15 minutes thanks to that feature, Hold Breath. Like crocodiles. And they have a swimming speed equal to their walking speed.

Only those without a swim speed have disadvantage on all their rolls to attack while underwater. With the exception for if they use daggers, spears, crossbows and a few other weapons.

A creature, regardless of type, with swim speed, does not incur disadvantage while fighting underwater with a sword, for example. And even if Zahn were to explore an underwater tunnel-cave, he would not have disadvantage in a fight due to being blind owing to a lack of light: he has a moontouched longsword. It sheds magical light, so as long as an opponent closes into melee with him, he'll be able to aim his swings and hit reliably.

Wait since we're on the subject, shall I wait for Nanbako.or take my turn? Been working off strict init order thus far
@Lord_Red

Right need to ask about positioning I suppose. am i / can I get into position to be within 5ft of Orin and no one else (since he attacked me)

Let's see... Checking the IC, I'd say yes-you can shimmy over towards Joy and be adjacent to Orin alone.

@Lord_Red I specified in the OOC action that Zahn would attack Henry if his first attack knocked the orc out: while Zahn is enraged, he knows better than spreading damage out like that. If you could, please reassign the damage from Orin to Henry.

Free action object interaction to pick up the sap that the unconscious Orc dropped, and then Zahn bolts after Henry, trying to do the trip+grapple combo. Sadly, I had shite luck on the rolls even with the Lucky Feat. Nuffle was not pleased with my sacrifices to his randomness it seems. Let me know if Zahn is able to catch up to the guy who has half speed due to Slow.

Holy shit, I just looked in the game section. Did not realise how many games you run on here @Penny. It's impressive ngl

Ah shit sorry, this week has been nothing but 12-14 hour days every day in a mad dash at work. But I think Nanbako is out cold, that hit did ten damage but she's only got 9 hit points.

Back
Top Bottom