Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

π™±πšŠπš‹πš’, 𝚈𝚘𝚞 π™Ίπš—πš˜πš  𝙸'πš– π™Άπšžπš’πš•πšπš’ (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

He gave a nod, "I'll find a gamewell and call in the number." He said and headed out of the house.

"Phelps, badge 12-47." Cole spoke into the phone outside, "Can you find an address for Michigan 3376? ...thank you, ma'am." He hung up the phone and turned, "239 South Lucas."

"It does seem to always put people in bad spots." Cole agreed. The statement couldn't be more true; not only had they dropped the hammer on an auto racket that had been caused by losing bets at the track, but Ciara's brother - Finn - had been killed because of a string of borrowed money to cover bet debts as well. A vicious cycle.

When they arrived, Cole made his way toward the front door, knocking firmly on the door. There was a long pause before the door opened, a haggard and rushed looking young man staring at the two detectives, "Yes? Can I help you?"
"Detectives Phelps and Bekowsky, we're investigating a stolen vehicle case, would you mind answering a few questions?"
"U-Uh...no, not at all, detectives...come in..." He replied.

They moved inside and to the den.
"What's your name, sir?"
"Matthew...Matthew Winters..." He replied, looking anxious.
"Do you know a Michael Cromwell?"
"Can't...say that I do..." Matthew replied, glancing between the two.

"That's very interesting, Mr Winters, considering your number was on a losing betting slip found next to Mr Cromwell's corpse." Cole stated. Matthew started to sweat.
"He...liked to go to the tracks...I do what I can to help people with their debts."
"Do you own a 12 gauge by chance?" Cole asked. Matthew swallowed roughly.
"I might, yes."
"May we see it?" Cole pressed. Matthew licked his lips but ultimately nodded, standing from his seat to leave the room. As soon as he passed the doorway, he booked it; launching from the window and running as fast as he could. Cole cursed and shot up, giving chase.

"Don't make me shoot you, Matthew!!" Cole shouted, keeping a decent pace before pulling out his colt and firing into the air. Matthew stumbled before coming to a stop, putting his hands in the air.

Cole moved to the car as Stefan dragged Matthew kicking and nearly screaming after him, Cole reaching in to the car to grab the mic for the radio.
"Car 11 King, 11K, to KGPL, come in, KGPL."
"KGPL, go ahead, 11K."
"I'm going to need a patrol car and a wagon to 239 South Lucas. Code Four."
"Roger, 11K. All units, see the detective, suspect in need of transport at 239 South Lucas Street. Code Four."

Stefan looked at the man, and shook his head again. β€œAll over some stupid bets.”

"He shouldn't have racked such a large bill." Matthew growled.
"Shut up, Winters." Cole scowled.

Stefan just shook his head, and helped Cole toss him in to the back of the wagon when it arrived.

Back
Top Bottom