Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Handling Ghosting on the First Post

Have you ever been ghosted/have ghosted an opening post?

• I have had someone ghost after I sent the opening post

Votes: 55 80.9%
  • I have have never had anyone ghost my opening post

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have ghosted and not responded to an opening post

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • I am afraid to make opening posts because my partner may ghost

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • I don't. see what the big deal is (to ghost or be ghosted)

Votes: 19 27.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful about sharing how you feel. The admins will yell at you for sharing your feelings about ghosting rather than just what you do to deal with it.
What staff has posted in this thread is to keep the thread on-track. This thread is about how people handle ghosting on the first post. If you want to vent about how you feel about ghosting, without airing dirty laundry about specific members, you are welcome to make a thread in the Journals forum to discuss your feelings civilly. This thread just isn't the place to do it.

The problem with threads like these IMO is that while people do attempt to give solid reasons as to why ghosting is good/bad, it often devolves into an endless war on 'ghosters' and why they are the scourge of good RPs. So, I do agree with what Nihilistic_Impact and Solo said on it.

Back on topic : to me, it's not a big deal as I've said before. I also have unintentionally left people on read for weeks/months, although I normally tend to give a heads up and state I'm slow.

Sometimes I don't come back, sometimes they don't. I just hop back on the saddle and keep holding the great stories/people I have dear.

What staff has posted in this thread is to keep the thread on-track. This thread is about how people handle ghosting on the first post. If you want to vent about how you feel about ghosting, without airing dirty laundry about specific members, you are welcome to make a thread in the Journals forum to discuss your feelings civilly. This thread just isn't the place to do it.
Ok, I hear what you're saying, and I understand it. But even in your original reply early on you said, "Doesn't bother me one bit, to be honest." which is sharing your feelings about it, like others. So is it only okay to share positive feelings, and not negative ones? It only seems like when people project displeasure over ghosting does it get called out.

Except I am keeping the act of ghosting as separate from the individual doing it. The goal is to address how we as rpers feel about an act, not ascribe a quality unto the person that did it.

Too many people that get upset about it take the extra step to speculate about the moral quality of those that do it. Declaring them rude, lazy and other negative descriptors. Grow up.

Ok, I hear what you're saying, and I understand it. But even in your original reply early on you said, "Doesn't bother me one bit, to be honest." which is sharing your feelings about it, like others. So is it only okay to share positive feelings, and not negative ones? It only seems like when people project displeasure over ghosting does it get called out.
And then the rest of my post goes on to explain how I handle the situation presented in the original post.

Any opinion can be shared, as long as it remains on topic. "I feel this way about it, and this is how I handle it" is fine. "Ghosters are the worst and should be punished" or "ghosting is fine, get over it" aren't on topic here. This isn't a discussion about how you feel about ghosting, nor the place to rant about it. That's all our point was.

If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to PM me, this thread should remain on topic.
I would also again like to ask other members to keep this in mind or the thread will be locked.

Except I am keeping the act of ghosting as separate from the individual doing it. The goal is to address how we as rpers feel about an act, not ascribe a quality unto the person that did it.

Too many people that get upset about it take the extra step to speculate about the moral quality of those that do it. Declaring them rude, lazy and other negative descriptors. Grow up.
Again, so it's only okay to express your opinion or feeling on it when it's a positive, or neutral one, but not negative. And that's the problem.

Since this thread has devolved from its original point despite multiple staff posts this thread will now be locked.

Feel free to PM any member of staff if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom