Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Closed Interest check - Starfinder group game

Closed - no longer seeking

ShadowPlay

Star
Starfinder - Horizons of the Vast
Full compliment of players,
but I might accept one more if anyone is interested
Interested players (4/4)
Mosos - Aasimar Soldier/Solarian. Character approved - with a few minor adjustments.
Evendur - Human Femboy Icon, Envoy/soldier. Character approved
Ironuyh - Android Female Operative/mechanic. Character approved
K-Fox - Tiefling Futa biohacker/mystic. Character approved

I'd love for 2-4 players to join me in making a naughty Starfinder Adventure Path become a reality. You don't have to know the starfinder system, but some familiarity with d20 systems will of course be quite helpful.
The rules for Starfinder can be found on Archives of Nethys:

I would love to try my hand with Horizons of the Vast as a forum game here on the site.

It's an AP where the PCs are put in charge of a charter to settle a newly discovered planet. So there will be combat, politics, planing settlements, developing settlements, expansion, discovery and much more.

The players guide to the adventure path:

What I expect from the players:
  • Posts at least weekly once the RP starts. With fair warnings when you can't do that.
  • Respect of the other players and their limits

I would like the characters to be made using gestalt-ish rules but with no multiclassing. That means getting the abilities of two classes, but only the best where the classes overlap (like BAB, Saves, Stamina etc.).

I strongly advise the PCs to look at the other PCs for sexual partners. But if your character wants a sexual partner as an NPC, it will be someone played by me. Therefore, consider that I will only play a role in these constellations:

My prefered gender to play is futa. But I can play the role in a lot of different constellations.

My NPC will be the second character

Male / Futa
Futa / Futa
Male / Crossdresser (male)
Futa/ Crossdresser (male)
Male / Female
Futa / Female
Female / Futa
Female / Male
Crossdresser (male) / Male
Crossdresser (male) / Futa
Futa / Male

There will be character types that I won't play. So better ask before planing something out to avoid getting disappointed.

As for species, I will accept (almost) any humanoid species that are small or medium - there are a few races that I will dislike in a sexual RP, shirren and other insectoids comes to mind.

What I will bring to the table:
  • Posts at least once per week, but usually much more often.
  • Playing sexual partners (if needed) for the PCs
  • A varied cast of NPCs to socialize with
  • "Fast" paced combat with maps for reference

If you are interested, then let me know below.

Last edited:
I would like to play. Would you be ok with pathfinder races? I f I remember correctly they port over with no extra work.

I would like to play. Would you be ok with pathfinder races? I f I remember correctly they port over with no extra work.
Only the core races from PF1 will be allowed (and are already available with stats on Archives of Nethys). But then, most of the non-core races are already in SF.

Edit: If there's a PF1 race that you are particularly in love with, then let us talk about it. It will require a little work to make them fit, but it's nothing I can't manage.

Last edited:
Count me as interested! I have played some Starfinder in the past but my knowledge of the rules is a bit rusty.

I love me some aasimar, but I am not so attached that I am willing to make you do extra work. I have some ideas for a good old fashioned human.

There are three people that have shown their interest so far.

I would love to know a little more about the characters you wish to play.

The gestalt characters will be made using these rules:

Race:
Well any that are allowed in Starfinder with the limits mentioned earlier - small or medium and nothing too strange (humanoid please)

Array: 16, 14, 14, 12, 12, 10
Add racial bonuses/penalties
Add theme
Add +2 for each of the classes' key ability score
(no ability score can start higher than 18)

Classes:
Select two classes, you gain abilities from both with the exception of:

HP
Stamina
BAB
Base Saves
Skill ranks
Resolve

Of these, you only get the best from one of the classes (taken separately for each ability)

Remember that insight bonuses don't stack. They are the most common skill bonuses from classes, so a bonus from one class, rarely stacks with a bonus from a different class (or with skill focus).

So, if you're open to accepting a fourth, I'd be interested. I've only played like, a session of starfinder a while go, but have been playing 3.5/PF1e for decades. So I'm not super familiar with the setting, but think that I could adapt pretty quickly to it.

I'm thinking of playing a femboy (I assume that's the same as crossdressing male in your constellations?) Solarion/Envoy

Last edited:
I am very much open for a fourth character. A femboy will be very welcome indeed.

The setting is basically a science-fantasy setting with magic, super tech, space travel, cybernetics and so forth. It's set in the Pathfinder universe only thousands of years after the Pathfinder RP. The planet of Golarion is gone an in its place is a giant space station called Absalom Station.

A good source: StarfinderWiki

For now I've made a few threads:

Do you want us to post our concepts here or in the Character Profile thread?

Let me know what you are thinking here before posting in the profile thread.

I might have comments to your choices that are easier to address before committing fully to a character.

I'm kinda thinking of playing an Icon theme and having been contracted as a publicity stunt to go colonize Weydan-4?

I am bouncing between two ideas.

Space Goblin technician/technomancer: Choukbank the goblin, a high flying speed worshipping space goblin born on Absalom Station. On the run from his former employers after failing to throw a race. Hardworking, and oddly cordial for a goblin, Choukbank worships the concept of going fast. He seeks to spread the cult of speed to the new planet, offering his skills at a rate no employer could pass up, though they often find machines repaired by the goblin capable of speeds galactic law considers unsafe.

Aasimar Soldier/solarian
Ashria Goldenheart the Eternal warrior, a star knight of the knights of golaron. One of many cloned from an ancient order of knights to bring justice to the stars. Ashria questions if he is real person or just a shadow of an ancient hero long past. He is plagued by nightmares of battles long past. Ashria has been ordered to the new planet to keep an eye on the colonists to ensure their corporate sponsors do not abuse them. A task the cloned warrior takes on with joy. Even if he is only a shadow, justice still needs done and he will rise to do it.

There are three people that have shown their interest so far.

I would love to know a little more about the characters you wish to play.

The gestalt characters will be made using these rules:

Race:
Well any that are allowed in Starfinder with the limits mentioned earlier - small or medium and nothing too strange (humanoid please)

Array: 16, 14, 14, 12, 12, 10
Add racial bonuses/penalties
Add theme
Add +2 for each of the classes' key ability score
(no ability score can start higher than 18)

Classes:
Select two classes, you gain abilities from both with the exception of:

HP
Stamina
BAB
Base Saves
Skill ranks
Resolve

Of these, you only get the best from one of the classes (taken separately for each ability)

Remember that insight bonuses don't stack. They are the most common skill bonuses from classes, so a bonus from one class, rarely stacks with a bonus from a different class (or with skill focus).
Can we choose a theme that would technically put us at a 19, and just, not get that bonus and stay at an 18? Just seems odd that if I want a Theme that happens to boost my primary skill, I'd be stuck at a 17?

I am bouncing between two ideas.
Both are valid ideas.
Can we choose a theme that would technically put us at a 19, and just, not get that bonus and stay at an 18? Just seems odd that if I want a Theme that happens to boost my primary skill, I'd be stuck at a 17?
Not sure I understand your question. But I try to answer it the way I understand it:
A theme boosts an ability score by +1. If you have 18 in a stat and choose a theme that give a +1 then you stay at 18. If you have 16 in a stat that a theme boosts, then you get 17.

(In total you should have (no more than) +12 bonusses to ability scores with one of them being an uneven number. )

Not sure I understand your question. But I try to answer it the way I understand it:
A theme boosts an ability score by +1. If you have 18 in a stat and choose a theme that give a +1 then you stay at 18. If you have 16 in a stat that a theme boosts, then you get 17.

(In total you should have (no more than) +12 bonusses to ability scores with one of them being an uneven number. )

I was doing it in the order listed in your "Character Creation" spoiler, and had gotten a 17 before adding key ability score boosts. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to put a +2 in since that would take me over the 18. Thanks for clarifying!

Sorry for all the questions. Are we only allowed level 1 items, or is it whatever we can afford?

Sorry for all the questions. Are we only allowed level 1 items, or is it whatever we can afford?
I'd rather answer questions than have players frustrated about something :D

I will generally allow up to level 5 items that are affordable. This is of course only for purchased items, if it's free items (like mechanic's experimental xxx or the nanocyte's gear) then the rules still apply for that item.
I was doing it in the order listed in your "Character Creation" spoiler, and had gotten a 17 before adding key ability score boosts. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to put a +2 in since that would take me over the 18. Thanks for clarifying!
My bad if the order of things made it unclear. In the case you mention, you'd end at 18.

I might be a tad late, but I find myself interested in this idea! I've not played Starfinder specifically, but I have played a lot of First Edition Pathfinder, so I'm expecting there to be more than a little bit of overlap.

As for concepts, I was thinking of a semi-famous Android explorer that also has her life constantly being broadcast by a pay-per-view sort of conglomerate. One that created her just to fulfill such a service. They ship her off to any planet that seems to have anything interesting, be it dangerous or otherwise. She gives those who watch an absurd set of experiences as she either braves slums and wilds alike. Nothing is hidden from the broadcast - at least, not for those who have an all-times account, allowing any licentious or private times to be shown to them. This service of hers has been going on just as long as she's been in service, which is just about reaching the first century in service.

As such, the company has offered the Android an option of what she wishes to do next, having seen plenty of advertisements for Project: Horizon, she figured it'd both be fun, and could be an opportunity for her parent company. Clearly, they can get people to watch a single android's life of adventure, and she doesn't doubt people would be in the market to watch an entire colony just the same way. And so, she's given the opportunity to join in as her company buys in.

To be a little more focused on the crunch aspect, I was thinking Operative/Mechanic with a Spacefarer Theme.

Hey Ironuyh!

Lot of pathfinder vets upgrading their technology here it seems.

I'm a little worried that our initial concepts are running along similar lines here.

paceship born male that almost engineered himself to have the most crossover appeal possible (Both elves and vampires are super over right now) as the next galactic idol. Decided to help colonize Weydan-4 as part of a scheme to try make himself famous. Definitely underprepared and underdressed. Overconfident in his ability to explore an unsettled planet in heeled boots. Will be journaling his exploits, but couldn't afford a camera right now.

Though your character seems more like a competent newsperson/documentary robot. Whereas mine is meant to be a party girl(ish?), fish out of water type thing. What do you think? I just don't want one/both of us to feel we're stepping on the other's toes.

Crunch side I went Envoy/Soldier

I might be a tad late, but I find myself interested in this idea! I've not played Starfinder specifically, but I have played a lot of First Edition Pathfinder, so I'm expecting there to be more than a little bit of overlap.
The core mechanics are the same between the two games. You'll just have to get used to a few things such as:
  • No iterative attack
  • No attack bonus on a charge - rather you get a penalty
  • Stamina and resolve makes getting healed after combat a lot easier
  • Spaceships
But I'm more than happy to get new players, especially ones with PF1 experience, into the game.

I'm a little worried that our initial concepts are running along similar lines here.

Though your character seems more like a competent newsperson/documentary robot. Whereas mine is meant to be a party girl(ish?), fish out of water type thing. What do you think? I just don't want one/both of us to feel we're stepping on the other's toes.

You bring up a valid point, but as you point out, there might actually be a bit of difference between the two concepts. Evendur's character seems like (s)he is a charisma based character thile the concept Ironuyh has seems more like an int based character.

But nevertheless I'll be interested in seeing what you bring to the table Ironuyh.

Back
Top Bottom