Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Westbrook OOC

When I write that part of her calling the capitol and threatening to bring in Cordonia's king and/or telling him to plan the Cordonian Embassy out of Westbrook or the state, I can either just show how she works, diplomatically, what makes her tick, basically. Or write her having getting the run-around and a lot of red tape and tick her off.

I trust you know what will be the best way to go about this and tell an interesting story. But, as a rule of thumb, you want to have things happen in your world that have interesting repercussions on the player characters.

An example would be, if a team of superheroes was having a party in civilian identities, and then a group of mafiosi approached each and every neighbor, eventually getting to the house of the host player character as well, trying to buy the properties with a little bit of coercion.

So like involve Marko and/or Su-Ji on one of her educated guesses. Being a diplomat, she's definitely worked with Korea or Eastern Europe. Especially, Eastern Europe because the Slovak countries are close to Germany... And thus the Duchy of Lythikos which abuts Switzerland.

Austria is just the next country over from her, because I think I mentioned in the character sheets about the skiing.

So like involve Marko and/or Su-Ji on one of her educated guesses. Being a diplomat, she's definitely worked with Korea or Eastern Europe. Especially, Eastern Europe because the Slovak countries are close to Germany... And thus the Duchy of Lythikos which abuts Switzerland.

Austria is just the next country over from her, because I think I mentioned in the character sheets about the skiing.
What educated guess are we talking about here, exactly? Because no one knows for sure about Marko's power, unless they are invading his privacy by using possibly illegal means like cameras to watch his workshop. And I want to know if someone knows about Marko already, he is my character after all!

So, for the time being, there is no one who knows that Marko is a metahuman. It's a secret that he keeps to himself.

No she would probably know of him and possibly Su-Ji as being from her side of the pond, nothing more. Like 'What if those college kids wanted to see their folks in the old country?!"

He couldn't hide his look which is all Olivia has to go on. If she shows that the powers that be aren't thinking of other immigrants, instead of just herself, she'll get farther. It's just common diplomatic sense. She doesn't have to know he has powers. They could have gone to the same coffee shop, like how she ran into Amaya at the Greek restaurant.

Hmm, she even could use both. Amaya wouldn't be able to leave the COUNTRY either... (I'm getting ideas here...)

No she would probably know of him and possibly Su-Ji as being from her side of the pond, nothing more. Like 'What if those college kids wanted to see their folks in the old country?!"

He couldn't hide his look which is all Olivia has to go on. If she shows that the powers that be aren't thinking of other immigrants, instead of just herself, she'll get farther. It's just common diplomatic sense. She doesn't have to know he has powers. They could have gone to the same coffee shop, like how she ran into Amaya at the Greek restaurant.
It is a bit far-fetched to say that a duchess would know a random student just because they share the same/a similar, balkan ethnicity. We could have Marko be the descendant of a particularly evil general or something, who looked very much like our tinkerer in his youth.

That is a coincidence, but more apt than just having them bond over the fact that they are from practically neighboring countries of origin.

Point. Even though she's personable. It's something to work on, and now I know for sure I want to go the diplomatic route with her "argument" over mismanagement with the local airport.

Just make sure to tell me if someone knows about Marko's or Schro's secret identities: because right now, I am writing with the assumption that no one knows. I want to know if someone knows about my characters' secrets and I want to know how they found out and many other details. For fairness' sake and to write an interesting story.

I liked how you kinda put Erin on the spot as Marko. Actually, in true Nancy Drew style, so will she. She'll gladly explain what she knows about the meteor 'symptoms' by using generic, non-revealing words... Because, her name is also on that list she had shown him.

That one ran a bit long. Good thing there wasn't anything to respond to for Edith or I would easily have hit 2000 words. Hope it is good though.

Having written for Alexa in my latest post I have now finally got around to posting an updated profile for her and asked Casual to delete their original.

Well done! I likewise have finally found an appropriate look for Ginger civilian wise, and posted it in the appropriate area with her Character Sheet in the first post.

Explanation of my characters hair colors.

I love the different shades of redheads and they're all based on where they're from, which is in their last names.

MacEnroe is Scottish and Irish, and thus Windy's hair has a darker red, almost orange look. She should have a more ruddy complexion, I just don't have a picture to present her that way, and still keep her so thin looking.

Aylesworth is English also, but with a bit of French and German, making her basically a cross between the English isles and the European mainland. Somewhere along the lines, she got blonde mixed in her familial genes, thus her hair. Good observation that she'd been named for her hair color, which lightened as she reached maturity.

The other actually redhead in my characters is Nevrakis, which is between Greek and Slavic. I want her to be able to get along well with Marko due to shared ethnicity more than anything else. Her hair color being blood red is more because I couldn't see Auburn which is my non-Hispanic version of Holmes, not in use in this RP. And also that Olivia is from a Warrior class and heritage, rather than her ethnicity. I wanted her duchy's warlike history to complement her being our Wonder Woman because of Ares in Greek mythology. Not that I actually want her to be the embodiment of war, but she can wage it, especially against the bad guys.

Aylesworth is English also, but with a bit of French and German

Technically I think it is a Saxon name (and with that said it is not entirely unlikely that the blonde genes originally come from Norse influence during the last centuries of the first millenium) but I get what you mean.

And of course it all makes sense when you explain it like this. And honestly I think it really is the name more than anything else.

I wanted her duchy's warlike history to complement her being our Wonder Woman

Also; just for a bit of curiousity the word Amazon (as relating to the tribe of female warriors in Greek mythology) is almost certainly derived from the Greek word Amazos which roughly translates as breastless (as in it wass believed that they removed one of their breasts to make them better archers).

I will write Schro in as being in costume, that way they know that he is both unhinged and trying to make average superheroes with costumes happen. Even if his own is not spandex, just sweat pants and a white long-sleeved shirt. Also, of course, his mask with the veil-hood that hides his head somewhat.

I missed your car? How??? I read it three times to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Okay, I'll do some backtracking.

I found it. I overlooked that part or just didn't click with the car. Duh, sorry.... Blondes must be laughing at me and calling me a dumb brunette, lol

Back
Top Bottom