Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Lucky Bastard High Seas Adventure

RavenStorm

Super-Earth
(
Lucky Bastard OOC
The bright morning sun shone through the small window of his cramped captain quarters. A low groan filled with hangover and regret fills the air as a head of messy brown red hair stands up accompanied by an attractive if slightly grumpy face. Raven sleepily grumples to himself as he scratches his head feeling the sway of the ocean waves on the boat rocking him to a for. " Oh gods." He mutters with an Irish accent. " Why did I let them convince me to drink so much last night."

He than stands up in just his briefs before lazily getting dressed in his captain attire though sometimes he wonders if the others think of him as a leader or just a friend there on an adventure with. His blue green eyes scan the veiw outside of the ship. It has been many days since his world changed as the empire matched to his homeland and demanded surrender. As much as part of him knew his father was wise in not throwing away life's but he still felt a resentment for not getting the choice to fight not that many knew if his past aside from those that ran with him. Most that met him just knew the almost irrational grudge he had against the empire and almost suicidal need to be a thorn in their side but knew between than to say it outloud.

He than slowly walks to deck of the ship watching the men that took night watch. " Aye Mercury! Who was in charge of this lot while we were away " he calls out to his best friend from wherever his friend may have posted up for the night. He could see from scene in front of him that they weren't the only ones that decided to celebrate too much last night.

Last edited:
Crayne stood by the helm with a large dark bottle in hand, a big toothy grin across his face as he watched his captain stumble across the deck, clearly suffering the aftermath of last night. They had just survived yet another quarrel against a small British Naval Unit, many of the crew decided it was worth celebrating such a victory and had a feast fit for kings thanks to the unmatched culinary skills of their Galley Master.

Having developed a kinship to alcohol, Crayne remained upright as the ship navigated the choppy waters that assaulted the hull. The steps beneath his feet creaked hauntingly as Crayne sauntered down the steps towards Raven.

"Ay' Cap, it was 'posed to be the helmsman but he thought he could out drink me... He be sleepin'." Crayne let out a hearty laugh, giving one of the unconscious crewman a gentle kick to their foot. The man simply grumbled incoherently and ended up tumbling to the side, snoring loudly.

"Cat and I kept an eye on things while you and the crew slept. At least I think she was awake, poor girl fed an entire crew of overzealous drunkards, best go check on her and quick. There's a ship off in the horizon, been following us all night." Crayne points out too a ship that's just barely noticeable between the sparse clouds of dense fog.

"Not sure who it is, but I'll keep my eye on em for ya cap'," Crayne pats Raven on the shoulder before heading to the bow of the ship, attention focused on the unknown ship in pursuit.

Raven grumbled glad someone had the mind to keep an eye at helm. " just get these louts up and about." He said starting to turn to go to kitchen and the personal quarters they allowed the only woman on ship now. " any that fight the order can get a bath in the sea to help the hang over." He than made his way down stairs to the mess hall to see a mess of food a drink a bound as a foot hits a bottle. " God damn idiots littering my ship. I should have them all in clean duty." He muttered as he walked and knocked on the door the kitchen. " Are you ok in their Cat?" He called on trying to give the queit girl her privacy. " Might want to make yourself decent cuase the men are already a mess and if you walk out half naked I'll have a brawl on deck around you and my head isn't in the state to deal with that. " He than leaned against the wall with his hat over his eyes as he scanned the Mess hall and pondering a few more minutes of darkness as well.
( @.cat)

It had been quite the long evening for Cat-- one that was worth celebrating no doubt. Although, the young woman hadn't gotten a wink of sleep the following hours of their crew's makeshift juncture. She had been cooking all evening with the intent of filling everyone's bellies. Some more than others seeing as most of the men got heavily drunk. She pertained to her duties though, following through with everything that she could make until the early hours of the morning. Now, she sat alone in what would be the kitchen. Her back was propped up against the wooden walls while her head hung as she tried to sleep. She wasn't asleep though, it was more as if she was drifting in and out of slumber.
The sudden knock on the door made her entire body jump. "Shite!" She cursed softly, hearing her Captain's voice ring through. Grabbing for some proper clothes to redress herself into, she started to respond. "Ah, yes I'm alright Sir! I'll be out in a moment." Throwing on a nice baggy shirt and some slacks, she opened the door to the kitchen and looked at the tired Raven. "Mm, had too much to drink huh?" A small spry smile found her lips before she tapped the man's arm in a loving manner. "Did ya at least sleep alright?" The heavy bags underneath Cat's eyes would provide the answer to that very question. No shut-eye was mellowed out in her tired hues. It was alright, this wasn't the first time something like this had happened.

Raven gave a small smile at her crew mates tired and kind disposition when she stumbled from the kitchen. A small chuckle escapes his lips at her question and ruffled her hair. " I don't know who's worst off the man who's hung over or the person who fed the party." He said to her as he straightened up. " You could have told the lot to fend for themselves at some point regardless of Dead eye insistence...though I know what it's like to have the devil on your shoulder." Raven than shook his head and started to the latter. " I was told we had an admirer last night and we should prepared for the worst so grab some arms and try to wake a bit." He gave her a nod of leave appreciating her concerns on his sleep and tried to put her around ease with a smile yet felt the pain of his loss still lingered on his lips. He couldn't hesitate too long though before going to rouse his men.

"Alright ya' lazy yellow bellies! Up and at em'" Cried out Mercer, meandering up and down the ship while kicking and shaking various crew members awake. Some of them shuffled to their feet with a grumble, knowing full well Crayne didn't mess around when it came to returning to their duties, the lucky few found themselves being thrown overboard into the chilling waters, they quickly awoke and scrambled back on board.

"We have some potential guests," Crayne lifted the head of an unconscious crew member, the man had drooled disgustingly along the barrel of a cannon, then dropped him so he tumbled down to the floor. With a shake of his head Crayne continued towards the helm of the ship, his very own post. "I want this ship ready for a tussle with fate, itching to knock on deaths door! If we're to face fire, let's give em' hell, aye?!"

Dead-Eye beamed brightly when the crew responded with a hardy "Aye!!!" In return. By now Mercer had reached the helm, took ahold of the wheel and spun it in the direction of their pursuers, aiming to greet their uninvited guests sooner rather than later.

The deck was quickly a flurry of bustling bodies, each darting from one side to the other as they prepped cannons and ensured all valuables were securely tied down. After several long minutes all of the cannons were locked and loaded, awaiting the command to fire, then Crayne watched his captain emerge from below deck.

"Ay' Capt'n, I can either keep her headed for The Port of Velmen, or we can sayhello! What's your call?"

Raven stepped onto the deck to see the bustle of men that actually looked like they belonged on the ship getting ready for surprise coming up. He squinted a bit as he stepped back up by Crayne. He took the looking glass in hand to try and make out the ship. " So dead eye what do you think it is?" He asked trying to study it from afar. " Navy? Pirate or just a curious merchant?" The last may have been hopefully on his part since merchant's wouldn't bother tailing a boat not that they had there sails out yet themselves. He set down looking glass as he pondered his choices. He didn't want to test his luck with another battle so soon despite the crews high spirits. " I would say turn to face then and be prepared to strike. If they sail with bo trouble we can turn but I don't want to leave our backs to potential trouble.'

"I ain't so sure Luck, I don't see any colors so might be merchant vessel. Just noticed em' since last night but flying no colors makes Dead-Eye a wary boy," Crayne shifted the wheel so they were once again headed directly for their pursuers. Dead-Eye was a man of action and no amount of liquor could drown his love for a good fight. Secretly hoping to run into trouble, Dead-Eye unholstered one of his many pistols from his hip and held it at the ready as the ship teeters from side to side against the waves.

"Fire off a warnin' shot, make it far and wide so they get the message,"

"Aye, Aye!" Exclaimed the crew as a cannon was rolled into place hastily. After a few moments of preparation a loud boom ripped through the air as the cannon was lit, launching its iron projectile hurtling through the air and landing far from the unknown ship.

Crayne waited for a returning shot, indicating unfriendly intent but was disappointed to see the ship turn the opposite direction and hastily flee, "They're runnin' off but Im'ma keep my eye out for them. Off too Velman Port lads!"

With that Mercer yanked the wheel to the left and pointed the stern of the ship towards the west, "Helmsman! Take the wheel, I think it's time for me to grab some grub." Dead-Eye released the wheel and let one of the other crewman man the helm while Crayne sauntered his way down the steps.

"Hey Cap, we should be in port within the hour, lemme know if something comes up. I'm going to visit our Galley Master, hopefully she hasn't dropped dead yet." Crayne than made his way through the lower decks, squeezing passed tight corridors and rowdy crew mates until he came to the kitchen.

"Good to see ya still with the living Cat! The crew take it easy on ya?"

The young woman could feel the ship rocking back and forth. Cat knew the men stomping above her were getting ready to sail toward their 'admirer'. She got to work, sparing little to no time making haste to those sleeping around her. Essentially she took two pots and started to bang them together. "Wake up ye limp dicks! I'm gonna need some help and so is the Captain." Huffing, she ran a hand back through her messy red hair and spun on her heels to tend to the kitchen itself. The welcoming sounds of men shouting and chattering woke Cat up. Man... where would she be without the crew? That familiar comfort and annoyance she had with the drunkards on the ship could never be lost. Ever. Taking a moment to eye the shelves and the floor, the woman decided to clean up a little bit. Grabbing a rag and dipping it into a used barrel of water, she started to scrub at the counters.
There was a slight hilt in the ship's current. Were they moving in a different direction? She attempted to lean forward to look out the nearest window but decided against it. She had a bigger project to work on -- feeding everyone on the ship itself. Throwing the rag back into the barrel she could hear the familiar voice of Mercer booming through the hall. Playfully, she rolled her eyes and spun around as he spoke to her. "Ha ha, very funny Crayne. I have a feelin' you already know the answer to that." Pushing back some of her frazzled curls, she stepped aside and felt around for a container. "Did ya do too much this mornin' already? That'll be a world record if you want me to patch you up so soon." She teased, the tone in her voice very irritated but only in good jest.

Raven nodded at his second mates dismissal as he gazed out at his ship. " yeah go ahead and get some food and rest Dead eye." He said as he took the wheel to direct it to the port but keeping the retreating ship on his mind. Why was a random ship following them at night just to run. Maybe it was a scout and bringing reinforcements. Whatever the case he was glad the crew had a chance to recover before diving into battle between being worn down from yesterday or hung over this morning it would turn out to be a tough battle ahead.

Raven let out a sigh as the ship moved on its route before shouting to the men working. " alright not long left till we can have some shore leave." He shouted to crew . " We'll dock and sell what we can at the local market then split the earnings for you all to use. Don't do anything too stupid that will draw attention for if we piss off the towns people than we'll lose what support we have but feel free to enjoy yourselves and if any wish to retire you have my blessing as long as you keep our secrets though I can't say when we'll be at this port again if you need work for now let's begin a song to wake you all up and get you ready." He than warmed up his voice to start a rendition of " Drunken Sailor " getting the crew to sing in response and work in rythm.

Mercer scoffed loudly and slammed his palm onto the counter in aggravation, "I wish Red, to be honest, between ye and I," Crayne leaned forward and continued in a hushed tone, "I can't stand smooth sailin'. Drives me nuts with nothin' to do and these weak livered Sissy folk are only so much fun after a few barrels of rum. You lookin' to give me a once over already, eh?" Dead-Eye let out a loud guffaw when he was shot the all too familiar daggered glare from Cat.

"I'm just pullin' ya tail. We had some visitors follow us all night though, thought that was rather strange. I suspect we will be seein' more of them down the way, but for what reason? Ain't no one stupid enough too come after us directly, right?" Crayne thought back to the countless individuals he had upset within the last year, a devilish grin creeping across his face. Mercer tapped on the sea worn counter a few times before pushing himself off, "Well it ain't gonna do me any good bitching about it now. I might as well get some good grub in me and get a few hours of shut eye before we reach port. What'cha got for me girl?"

The sudden slam of Mercer's palm made the young woman jolt for a mere moment. "Smooth sailin'... right. It always has to be about fightin' and gettin' yourself hurt." Cat's tone could've been mistaken for worry, but she masked it well with irritation on her features. "Damn right, I'm ready to give you a once-over already. I'm almost surprised that you're here for something else."
"Mm, yeah. Lucky told me about the 'admirer'. Maybe you have one Crayne? Just sailin' out there tryin' to get your attention... or ye gullible ass." She huffed, shaking her head before leaning forward on the counter just as the other man was pulling himself away. "Right, food. We don't have a lot of choices because of last night, so soup and bread is what you're gettin'." Cat licked at her lips, her fingers prying at the wooden counter beneath her. "Lucky for you, I've had the soup going since yesterday evening. Here," picking up a plate to put the bread on, she then shifted over towards a bowl and dumped some of the soup in. "Bon appetit or whatever the French say."

Lucky watched the ship slowly make it's way back onto port safely. He let out a sigh of relief but still kept an eye out for trouble around them. He shouted at his men to start unloading the cargo to be sold before they meet up at the local pub. Trusting that the crew could handle themselves he went down to check on the others to see Cat starting to prepare food.

" We reached port you two so put a list of what you need and feel free relax for a bit." He paused looking behind him as if trying to decipher any hidden traps that could come as that one strat ship lingered on his mind. " keep an eye out and weapon on you if you go out. That ship earlier still bugs me and my luck is never that good to get us completely out of trouble." He than grabbed a loaf of bread and gave Cat a wink before going back up to make sure the unloading went well.

Zik had been at the port only a few hours.. but as usual, he found himself in some sort of trouble. Usually it was nothing he did wrong.. people just.. were always weary about his orange eye that seemed to have a faint glow to it. Not to mention he was clearly always not from around where they visited.. having his own distinct look. He could pass for Italian, or even as a Spaniard, but he still didn't quite look it. He only knew he was from somewhere even he didn't know. But someone had started a fight with him, calling him a witch.. just some drunk sailor. Zik had made quick work of the man, but still hadn't left unscathed.

He had been sitting at the docks nursing a bloody nose, and hitting on a pipe. He often forgot that not everyone was accepting of people who were different.. at least it was a change from him being a pirate. People still hated pirates despite some of the good a lot of them did. He had already been frustrated with missing the celebration.. he had spent the night cursing himself. It had been his fault, needing time to himself. To this day some of the crew would still stare at his eye, but nobody ever treated him like an outsider... still he felt alone among the crew. How he deeply missed his..

He had reached a point of his high after about an hour where he earned his nickname. He was now staring off into the water, lost in his tormented thoughts.. so lost that he didn't even realize his captain's ship pull up to the docks.

Somewhere in town a large man sat alone in a dark corner of the pub. The space around him was empty as the shadow seemed to envelope all but one eye that glowed. A skinny scout showed up and bowed.

" Blackbeard sir." He said hesitantly as he shoved from being so close to the devil. " They showed just as the intell said they would."
A dark laugh followed from the gaint before he took a swig of whatever this place passed for drink.
" Finally seems like I would grow bored waiting out here much longer." He slowly stood towering over the man. " prepare the ambush so this upstart can find out how much his luck gets him." He than picked up his large terrifying blade and stride into the street.

Zik was zoned out more than normal, when he finally started to feel the familiar sensation of his quirk kick in. He started to be able to feel the presence of people around him. Depending on who they were, he could tell exactly where they were and even who it was. It's why he was the designated scout of the ship. Because even people he was unaware of physically, he could sense them, and know their general vicinity. Right now.. he could sense just about anybody on the dock, and those in the ships.

He knew his captain and the rest of the crew were here, despite his zoned out appearance. He knew Lucky and a select few and their exact positions on the ship. His expression went from dazed to that of concern. He felt a specific presence deeper into the port.. one that he felt before, only once. But due to his state.. he could not find the name. Zik was also glad he could feel slight intentions from this state..because the man was hostile.

After about staring for a few more minutes, he jumped straight to his feet. The presence was moving closer towards the docks. And as he got closer, the name suddenly sprang from his mouth in a soft whisper. "Blackbeard.." He quickly sprinted off towards the ship yelling, "Captain!" the whole time.

There was one person who was sufficiently out of their mind with love for the sea that they didn't bother leaving the ship; and that person was none other than Aiden "Doubloons" Scott... Well, the motivation was a bit of a lie; truth being that the last time Aiden left the ship there was a summary inspection that turned into a seventeen body pile-up. Point being; Aiden wasn't leaving the ship this time for the simple motivation that it wasn't their fault last time, and they were intent to prove that was the case. They'd been planning this for the past week, which is in great part why they'd been rationing their personal stash of tobacco. What they didn't account for however, was how antsy not smoking would make them, which is why they were currently chewing on a piece of bark to pass the time and think of anything else, arms crossed over the edge of the crow's nest of the main mast.

"Cap'n! Zik's running back, seems to want to talk to ye." They announced down below to Lucky, hoping against hope that he was within earshot and not currently in his quarters. It's not like their voice couldn't be heard all over the ship, but they knew Lucky'd been a heavy sleeper as a kid, and there was always the chance he wouldn't be conscious this time out of all others. They took the chip of bark out of their mouth and tossed it to sea, if this was urgent, they needed their nerves on edge.

Once Zik was close enough to the ship to hear the bellowing voice of Aiden, they'd shout down to him. "What's the matter Zik?!" Part of them just hoped to get clarification and hear that it was something stupid, like the local tavern being out of rum, but they knew that Zik wasn't the type to throw a fuss over such a small thing.

Lucky was standing by the front of the ship watching over the men bring out the goods they wish to trade while making sure none of the men cuased trouble. Things seemed to be going smoothly so far today yet he had a bad feeling on the back of his mind. He wasn't sure if it was just from the odd ship before the port seemed quieter than usual as if the towns people were trying to hard to act natural and ignore the feeling of dread in the air. Hopefully it's just me and my men can get a break. He thought to himself when the moment of peace crashed around him.

First was the sight of Zik running up from his passed out spot to the ship calling out as if in a panic followed by Aiden calling for him to let him know he was needed. He let out a queit curse to himself before telling the others to keep unloading and went to meet Zik as he waved him over. " Alright Zik I'm right here." He said with a gruff manner looking over the man. " What got you in such a panic?"

Marine stretched after taking a long nap, feeling like she was rested enough as there was the familiar shape of a sea town and a port. “ let’s take a break here!!” She called out to everyone as they stopped at the town and jumped off once they were fully docked to finally do something than sit around. She could hear the yelling as someone passed by along with the conversation between the two men near the other ship. “ well just in time?” Wondering slightly as she turned to continue walking down the pier, at least ready with her sword at her side and her two pistols hidden under her long jacket if something did happen.

“ Houshou marine and the houshou pirates!!” she would suddenly announce looking a bit excited with a smug grin not caring who heard but also wanting to be like they should watch out for a new crew in town even when they of course just here to relax for a bit like everyone else.

Zik's mind was a scramble, and his panic had been rising as he made his way onto the ship. He had only ever had one other run in with Blackbeard, and to be honest, Zik had no idea why he was still alive to tell that tale. During this haze, Zik all but ignored the loud "Houshou marine and the Houshou pirates" that seemed to bellow from the port. Another captain he was faintly aware of as well. Despite his drug use, and the way he carried himself sometimes, Zik always knew more than he let on, and was smarter than anybody thought.

He also ignored Aiden's bellow, despite hearing them like they were right next to him. If anything he acknowledged them with a raise of their hand. Once he found Lucky, he stopped in front of him taking a moment to settle his breathing.

Zik stood about the same height as his captain, and even so, Zik still felt small compared to him. Perhaps it was because Lucky was the captain, or his gruff demeanor. He didn't know.

Zik went to start talking, but a pain broke his words before he could speak. He clutched his head in his hands, and seemed to zone out for a moment. This was always concerning to the rest of the crew, since nobody knew why Zik suffered such random migraines/headaches. They could last anywhere from a momentary pain to being bedridden for weeks. Luckily, this was one of the many pings of pain that came and went.

After blinking a few times, he looked up at Lucky, "Captain..?" He asked, groggily, then whispered low so nobody else could hear, not wanting to start a panic, "Blackbeard.. he's here.. and.." he rubbed at his temples, taking deep breaths before he continued, "he's heading this direction, and he's definitely not coming to say 'ello."

Lucky gave Zik a worried work as he scrambled up and tried to sort himself out. He gave him a pat on the back. " Take your time it's not like we're under attack." He spoke unaware of the message and let Zik get through his fits. However as his crew mate spoke about what he saw Ravens face grew pale and a curse left his lips. He ran into Blackbeard himself on his first crew when it was only a few of his friends that decided to jump on the first ship that would take him.

Needless to say it was a disaster that cost most of that crew and killed the acting captain. It was most likely just luck that his small group survived enough to earn a reputation and get their own ship but he secretly hoped Blackbeard would consider him dead and ignore him but he had no such luck if he was being sought out. " So the ship we saw was scout to make sure it was us..." He mused darkly than took Zik by the shoulder. " I need you to sneak ahead and keep an eye out on activity out there but if you see any hint of his shadow you run back, dont play hero ." He patter Zik shoulder than shouted up. " Aiden get yourself ready. We're going to need your talent if we're going to survive. Whenever he goes fear seems to follow so you'll be in charge of moral." He than set off telling the rest to grab their weapons after they unload and be on defensive.

Meanwhile along the houshou crew Henry Jennings was walking out alongside his captain admittedly in a more cautious and uncertain nature. His captain always seemed ready to jump into any situation no matter the danger while her men rushed to defend her. It could be a tiring task indeed but he did pledge his loyalty to the wild girl. " Levi were setting out...are you fit or?" He called to the ship still unsure how the man if it could be called that worked. He didn't believe in gods but that man was something else when he came out and he wasn't sure which was the better weapon. The powerful man or the lady's talent for getting out of trouble than there was him who was just a good fighter and sailor but he would stick by her. He grilled his sword and ran to keep up with her. " Wait marine something is up here don't you sense it?" He asked her hoping to keep her usual fiery energy down.

Zik nodded softly, but got a confused look after a moment. "Wait.. there was a ship?" Zik's facial expression changed from that of confusion, to a more thoughtful look. "Gah.. stupid.. I should have stayed with the ship and I would have known someone was following you.. before they even knew they were following you." He let out a soft chuckle, nervousness and guilt mixed together. "But aye, Captain, I'll check ahead.. I know it's not my place, but I must advise that you be quick.. I.. I do not wish to lose another family.." with that he clapped Lucky on his shoulder and nodded, winking with his orange eye.

He turned away to start heading back off of the ship.. he stopped however under the crows nest. He focused in on the presences on the dock, Blackbeard was still fairly deep in, and gathering some of his men. Zik spoke aloud but in an unknown foreign language, aimed at Aiden, they certainly wouldn't understand him, but his look up at them was one of worry but also mischievous. "Watch my back will ya?" He gulped and took off at a steady pace off the ship. He pulled his hat down slightly to cover his orange eye. His sensory abilities allowed for him to almost completely navigate without coming into contact with a single person. His thoughts sprang back to his only other encounter with Blackbeard.. it made him shiver.

-----

Bones sat silently in the ship, locked up in the brig. He was much too big for the smaller cell, but he made the most of it. Not too long ago they had been fired upon by a ship this crew had been tailing. He had been captured by this scouting ship when they decided to have a detour on attacking another ship. He heard whispers that they had picked up the trail and were now circling around to avoid detection. "Aye.. it was confirmed.. Lucky's ragtag bunch is docked now.. Blackbeard is gathering some men.." he overheard a few of the crew talking.

"Hmm.." he hummed softly. Nobody on this ship had laid any hands on him thanks to his quirk. Only knowing him to be somebody that would be of interest to Blackbeard, but otherwise viewed this big burly man to be completely harmless.. which was also why he wasn't in chains and still had his weapons. Could the rumors be true? Was his former captain really banded with this Captain Lucky? Did Lucky even know how to properly handle the aloof Zik Ichon? And most importantly.. did Zik get along with this new crew? Bones viewed Zik as a brother.. but how was the man still alive?

"We'll be docking in five." He overheard another crew member state. Finally.. he had to know if Zik was truly alive.

Marine calmed down at least as she sighed and heard the conversation of the other crew again. “ well I’ll say a little bit at least…” giving a sigh and turning a serious face now. “ we won’t be out there too long then, I’m not gonna put you in danger. We’ll look around but not too far we can’t just go back.” Walking off with him now. “ I have four little surprises if things get fun.” Giving a teasing wink as it seemed no matter what she was playing the danger very lightly still or at least looked like it. She would push her back against the wall of a building, looking over wondering how they would move.

"I'm relaxed, and able to pull the trigger whenever." Levi spoke in response to Henry's query, walking to Marine's side with a calm expression. In his current—some called it passive—form he was a thin and short of stature young man, barely standing at 5'8", with a visibly lean and athletic body, contrasting his "true" self which unfortunately took some energy to maintain ever since he had struck puberty, this having exacerbated itself to the point he was no longer able to maintain the form for more than a day, and needed to spend sevenfold the time it was used to be able to use it anew. For that reason, he elected to stay in this conservative form until such time as it was necessary.

His clothing looked oversized, and elastic, which was necessary given the difference in size between his two forms lest he wanted to break his clothing off upon transforming, or have it slide off whenever he returned to this form, but he seemed comfortable in spite of it and it appeared that even in the long coat and baggy pants he managed to maintain an air of self-assurance. With this established, he walked to meet with Marine, following behind her and Henry.

There was an uneasy aura about things as they discussed the presence of Blackbeard, but he didn't feel the need to voice his opinion on the matter. He would be following Marine's orders, even if it meant making time for the rest of the Houshou pirates to escape by taking on that man himself.

"I'm going to assume he asked me to watch his back?" Aiden inquired to Lucky from up above as Zik left, and glared her golden eyes in the direction of the man that went off in search of information. "Should I come down and just follow, cap'n?" They further inquired. In truth, Aiden would be fine either way, but if Zik entered a building or navigated into a dark alleyway that would start making following him with their gaze difficult so long as they stayed on the ship. "Sometimes I wish my quirk had been something like a bird's eye view..." They followed, and hopped out of the crow's nest, grabbing onto one of the sail's ropes, preparing to slide down should their captain order it.

Back
Top Bottom