Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Are some face claims over done?

I usually kept a stick pile of face claims because drawings give me ick so I try to keep variety for what I offer. I finally used a redhead twice but I really don’t venture there.
Real is best for me and I don’t touch anime. Maybe AI is an option but it gives me uncanny valley and chicken skin like the way people chew makes me freak out

I have a list of about three dozen female celebrities I prefer to use as face claims and it depends on the story when I select one from list to use.

Personally, I don't like the use of celebrity faceclaims. And the more well-known they are, the more put off I am by it. I don't mind photos by any means. I just don't like already having an association to the faceclaim. I also like art pics for faceclaims, and it's usually what I go with in various degrees of realism. The only hard line in the sand that I have is: No anime FCs! (I can't stand anime characters)

BUT, outside of that, I don't like the use of glammy pretty-boy/insta-girl pics. I don't really know how to quickly summarize the "look". But essentially, I greatly dislike character pics that look like they were taken out of GQ or Sports Illustrated. Models that are heavily groomed and made up. Too clean, too fake. And unfortunately, I see these FCs EVERYWHERE. Basically, if your FC looks like a typical model out of a photoshoot, I'm definitely not gonna get excited about it. A lot of the physiques that I see in the Requests by Males, tend to exemplify females of these proportional persuasions that I really have little interest in RPing as. And I'm sure the feeling is mutual when they see the types of FCs that I proposition. But different strokes for different folks, as they say. I just wish that the faceclaims and... bodyclaims? that I find so unappealing weren't so homogenously popular.

Personally, I don't like the use of celebrity faceclaims. And the more well-known they are, the more put off I am by it. I don't mind photos by any means. I just don't like already having an association to the faceclaim. I also like art pics for faceclaims, and it's usually what I go with in various degrees of realism. The only hard line in the sand that I have is: No anime FCs! (I can't stand anime characters)

BUT, outside of that, I don't like the use of glammy pretty-boy/insta-girl pics. I don't really know how to quickly summarize the "look". But essentially, I greatly dislike character pics that look like they were taken out of GQ or Sports Illustrated. Models that are heavily groomed and made up. Too clean, too fake. And unfortunately, I see these FCs EVERYWHERE. Basically, if your FC looks like a typical model out of a photoshoot, I'm definitely not gonna get excited about it. A lot of the physiques that I see in the Requests by Males, tend to exemplify females of these proportional persuasions that I really have little interest in RPing as. And I'm sure the feeling is mutual when they see the types of FCs that I proposition. But different strokes for different folks, as they say. I just wish that the faceclaims and... bodyclaims? that I find so unappealing weren't so homogenously popular.
Feeling slightly insulted!

Considering your current avatar is a glam AF goblin lady who looks straight out of a Shortstacks Illustrated Magazine lol.

To each their own, but this kinda falls flat on it's face.

My avatar is not anime, but it can very easily be assumed as such. Interesting. I like anything but photographs, though I will work with some because my brain has a filter than can turn people into drawings or anime. Some of my best characters use the likeness of an anime character, while giving her my own spins on personality and setting. Years and years of roleplaying doing just that.

Feeling slightly insulted!

Considering your current avatar is a glam AF goblin lady who looks straight out of a Shortstacks Illustrated Magazine lol.

To each their own, but this kinda falls flat on it's face.

My avatar is not anime, but it can very easily be assumed as such. Interesting. I like anything but photographs, though I will work with some because my brain has a filter than can turn people into drawings or anime. Some of my best characters use the likeness of an anime character, while giving her my own spins on personality and setting. Years and years of roleplaying doing just that.
Er... I wasn't trying to call anyone out. Sorry if you took that personally but I'm just stating my own opinions/prefs. Methinks we may have a different idea of what the notion of "glam" means.

My avi is full of scars and done in Comic Book art style with cyberpunk thematic. Scars and gritty overture, to me, are hardly glam.
Here's another image from the same generation prompt:

comic_book_style_art_of_female (98).png

And to better exemplify what I was talking about when I said
... I don't like the use of glammy pretty-boy/insta-girl pics. I don't really know how to quickly summarize the "look". But essentially, I greatly dislike character pics that look like they were taken out of GQ or Sports Illustrated. Models that are heavily groomed and made up. Too clean, too fake. And unfortunately, I see these FCs EVERYWHERE. Basically, if your FC looks like a typical model out of a photoshoot, I'm definitely not gonna get excited about it. A lot of the physiques that I see in the Requests by Males, tend to exemplify females of these proportional persuasions that I really have little interest in RPing as...

I mean images similar, but not restricted, to stuff like these:
beautiful_blonde_model_Kardash.jpg beautiful_brunette_sexy_casual.jpeg anime_art_of_beautiful_redhead.jpeg

These are very common looks (along with NSFW versions of the same) that I see requested in a lot of the "Male's RT" part of the forum, and it just isn't a mold I'm interested in putting myself into. Really, that's all I was trying to get across. There isn't anything wrong with other people's preferences. They just aren't aligned with my own interests, is all.
I consider the stuff in the spoiler SFW, but they are spoiler'd anyway, just in case.

Er... I wasn't trying to call anyone out. Sorry if you took that personally but I'm just stating my own opinions/prefs. Methinks we may have a different idea of what the notion of "glam" means.

My avi is full of scars and done in Comic Book art style with cyberpunk thematic. Scars and gritty overture, to me, are hardly glam.
Here's another image from the same generation prompt:

View attachment 35027

And to better exemplify what I was talking about when I said

I mean images similar, but not restricted, to stuff like these:
View attachment 35032 View attachment 35029 View attachment 35030

These are very common looks (along with NSFW versions of the same) that I see requested in a lot of the "Male's RT" part of the forum, and it just isn't a mold I'm interested in putting myself into. Really, that's all I was trying to get across. There isn't anything wrong with other people's preferences. They just aren't aligned with my own interests, is all.
I consider the stuff in the spoiler SFW, but they are spoiler'd anyway, just in case.
To each their own. I could definitely make something with the anime red-head. But everyone has a different style.

Do what makes you happy.

I don't think so.

I think people should be clear with the kinds of face claims they'd like to play against. Show some samples, describe your tastes. On my thread I put samples of what kinds of face claims I like to play against, and anyone who messages me knows full well they will be playing someone with that sort of appearance.

Set the expectations right from the outset and no one walks out disappointed.

I don't think so.

I think people should be clear with the kinds of face claims they'd like to play against. Show some samples, describe your tastes. On my thread I put samples of what kinds of face claims I like to play against, and anyone who messages me knows full well they will be playing someone with that sort of appearance.

Set the expectations right from the outset and no one walks out disappointed.
I do agree, that's why I specify in my RT I have no interest in RL face claims.

Back
Top Bottom