Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It Happened in Westbrook Group RP Interest check

I'm looking for fans of superheroes ready to put their capes on!

All heroes must be either non-canon or OC from a canon universe. No Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, etc. Ad infinitum. Please. Your characters can have similar powers, but canNOT be the canon character.

You're in a small city in the Midwest, and either in high school or college, when a bright pinkish purple flash in the sky catches your eye as you're relaxing outside. The next day is Monday.

High Schoolers: The day starts out routine enough, until around noon (good time for either lunch or exercise), one of your classmates (Windy MacEnroe, a redhead pixie cut teen, one of MCs) starts gulping down food, and racing to the counter for seconds, thirds and even fourths. All nearly so fast you can't follow her (49, 804 mph will do that).

At Westbrook PD, You just got your coffee, when you notice the youngest detective, Erin Holmes (MC), a brunette 24 year old, trying to calm down a belligerent perp her and her team just busted (crime TBD), when she suddenly seems to be spouting out laws and bylaws off the top of her head, that could only be achieved by years of study. Like decades of research and study. You know Erin. She's more Nancy Drew than Sherlock Holmes, and now she's sounding like a seasoned lawyer?! You never knew her to be that smart or law savvy, before today!

College: You're a member of a fratority (frat and sorority combined) and the head sister (MC, Ginger Aylesworth, 19, strawberry blonde) has called for a meeting. There's a thief in the house and she wants them caught. During the meeting, it's revealed that it was an ex-pledge, which causes her to loose her powers she didn't even know she had, of telekinesis.

This is the limit of how many heroes/villains you can have, three, but not the limit of places you can manifest your powers. I have one more character, non powered as you have met my three superpowered people.

TV Station: Star reporter, Sapphire "Scoops" Davenport (20, 'dirty' blonde) is probably the most no-nonsense reporter in your studio. She is also the biggest bulldog in the fight, once she gets her teeth in a story... She doesn't let go until she gets to the root of it. Are you in this setting and one of the superpowered people? Will you be able to avoid her questions if she suspects you?

There's plenty of other places you could work, but these are the ones with my characters. If you want to be a part of the "super" movement, please let me know here. All welcome, and remember. Maximum three supers per person, so if you want to play more, fill out the cast with regulars.

Last edited:
Would you allow supervillains to be played? I have a supervillain already in mind. But before I pitch a supervillain, I'd like to know what kind of place Westbrook is: is it a landlocked location, with no sea or ocean to sail out to? Has the city been built near a river?

@Inkybus There's likely to have criminal elements being affected as well, and there will have to be a reason for the heroes and police to bond together. Include the bad guy or girl in your next post, after I answer in the morning. Don't forget to include them in the character sheet. I need to include Rebecca Knight in also, as another nonsuper and the attorney your other character will want.

@Plague Raven That was good, but Ginger would not only notice the sunflowers when she comes back to her senses, but also their disappearance in the morning. Remember, she's a bit of a fitness freak. :) Her morning jog might be a good time for her to run across the entity, unless you want to wait the full 19 hours until lunch also. That's when she's to lose her temper over the ex-pledge who's stolen from the Delta Lambda Pi house.

@Inkybus There's likely to have criminal elements being affected as well, and there will have to be a reason for the heroes and police to bond together. Include the bad guy or girl in your next post, after I answer in the morning. Don't forget to include them in the character sheet. I need to include Rebecca Knight in also, as another nonsuper and the attorney your other character will want.
I put the idea into words: let me know if you want to veto him.

I was half asleep when I wrote that... Westbrook would be near a river in a mostly landlocked state in the Midwest. It wouldn't be near where the state borders a great lake. The lake would be several hours north of Westbrook.

I would still like to see what the character is, as I can't yay or nay them without knowing more... Are you saying your current character will be the villain? I don't follow... @Inkybus

I was half asleep when I wrote that... Westbrook would be near a river in a mostly landlocked state in the Midwest. It wouldn't be near where the state borders a great lake. The lake would be several hours north of Westbrook.

I would still like to see what the character is, as I can't yay or nay them without knowing more... Are you saying your current character will be the villain? I don't follow... @Inkybus
No, Melia is my primary character, the biokinetic: she is going to stay a hero until the day she dies, if nothing really bad happens. The villain is going to be Schro, the cognitohazard that I've written up below her- unless you want to veto him because his powers aren't what you are looking for in a story.

Oh, right @Plague Raven , Westbrook is big enough, especially downtown, for two major hospitals. Both mentioned hospitals are separate. For downtown purposes, please use one of these two, if it's suburban, you can create your own, that Akira, Windy and other Westbrook High students go to, or maybe also the college students. There's usually at least one hospital near a college.

@Inkybus love the name for Melia's workplace. Community is just as general a name as Main General. Well done on that end. :)
Thanks! I read up on hospitals in the USA and according to the internet the most widespread kind are the Community Hospitals, so that is good to know! As for Schro, if he gets too powerful he can die from a bad fall or just a punch in the incorrect location so... there is that.

Oh, absolutely. Schro still has to be talked into robbing a bank by his fellow cabrones. And then he has to make his own gang, preferrably with supervillains that will bring Westbrook to its knees, for a time until the superheroes save the day!

That makes sense. We'll cross each bridge when we come to it. We need more people to be more heroes and villains, although with a flash like girl, and basically a Magneto/Jean Grey cross, two of my heroes are pretty strong. The other's basically a bat. Take your pick on which one, although Oracle has the eidetic memory in DC.

We do need a balance, and I'd rather not move the three supers limit rule if I can help it... 🤷‍♀️

Batman has superhuman durability, by the way. There is no chance a regular human would be able to survive some of the strikes and falls he manages.

@Plague Raven are you going to include a next morning post, since Sunflower had already started growing immediately? I thought Ginger was to notice the sunflowers gone when she went jogging?

I guess we need more people, and we're back on hold. I'll try to wrap up the time frame section of the pre-story, if you will, and @Inkybus, you'll be able to do the same, but we need a third person for this roleplay to even continue. Raven hasn't even been on since July 25th. I hope everything is alright.

I guess we need more people, and we're back on hold. I'll try to wrap up the time frame section of the pre-story, if you will, and @Inkybus, you'll be able to do the same, but we need a third person for this roleplay to even continue. Raven hasn't even been on since July 25th. I hope everything is alright.
That's alright, we can come back to this if someone else shows interest.

If this is still open to new players/characters I do have at least one to throw into the mix.
Kim Su-Ji.

Her backstory as such might perhaps be a bit off in relation to the DCU and the MCU in general but at the same time I feel it makes sense.

If you don't mind that she gets her powers from the strange meteorite that explodes over Westbrook; it can be the same powers, but instead of splicing, she gets her powers from the meteorite. I couldn't see the image, but I can definitely picture the superhuman abilities coming like that. Waiting to see if you're on board with the slight tweak. @MsBloom

Perhaps she was petting her cat at the time the meteorite exploded and the radiation caused their genes to mix, leaving her with feline traits, including ears tail and all that and the cat with an almost human intelligence. At first neither of them show any symptoms but in the morning when they wake up after having fallen asleep in the hammock they are transformed.

I will see what I can do about the image.

That's actually the story. It takes 12 hours for the first symptoms to appear. That's very plausible for the cat human mix, I didn't see anything about instincts, but I do have characters whose innate abilities become superhuman. Windy and Erin, I'll bump the character sheet so you can add her. And Kitty. To the cast of characters.

Back
Top Bottom