Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It Happened in Westbrook Group RP Interest check

I'm looking for fans of superheroes ready to put their capes on!

All heroes must be either non-canon or OC from a canon universe. No Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, etc. Ad infinitum. Please. Your characters can have similar powers, but canNOT be the canon character.

You're in a small city in the Midwest, and either in high school or college, when a bright pinkish purple flash in the sky catches your eye as you're relaxing outside. The next day is Monday.

High Schoolers: The day starts out routine enough, until around noon (good time for either lunch or exercise), one of your classmates (Windy MacEnroe, a redhead pixie cut teen, one of MCs) starts gulping down food, and racing to the counter for seconds, thirds and even fourths. All nearly so fast you can't follow her (49, 804 mph will do that).

At Westbrook PD, You just got your coffee, when you notice the youngest detective, Erin Holmes (MC), a brunette 24 year old, trying to calm down a belligerent perp her and her team just busted (crime TBD), when she suddenly seems to be spouting out laws and bylaws off the top of her head, that could only be achieved by years of study. Like decades of research and study. You know Erin. She's more Nancy Drew than Sherlock Holmes, and now she's sounding like a seasoned lawyer?! You never knew her to be that smart or law savvy, before today!

College: You're a member of a fratority (frat and sorority combined) and the head sister (MC, Ginger Aylesworth, 19, strawberry blonde) has called for a meeting. There's a thief in the house and she wants them caught. During the meeting, it's revealed that it was an ex-pledge, which causes her to loose her powers she didn't even know she had, of telekinesis.

This is the limit of how many heroes/villains you can have, three, but not the limit of places you can manifest your powers. I have one more character, non powered as you have met my three superpowered people.

TV Station: Star reporter, Sapphire "Scoops" Davenport (20, 'dirty' blonde) is probably the most no-nonsense reporter in your studio. She is also the biggest bulldog in the fight, once she gets her teeth in a story... She doesn't let go until she gets to the root of it. Are you in this setting and one of the superpowered people? Will you be able to avoid her questions if she suspects you?

There's plenty of other places you could work, but these are the ones with my characters. If you want to be a part of the "super" movement, please let me know here. All welcome, and remember. Maximum three supers per person, so if you want to play more, fill out the cast with regulars.

Last edited:
Would be glad to have you aboard, and hope we can get more. Any tweaks you would like to add, as one of the first to reply?

Welcome. With three of us, I'll make an opening in an OOC so we can continue discussions. I probably won't get a character sheet up until this afternoon, but at least, communication will be away from this thread.

Still room for more heroes and heroines!

Looking for more people to join in on conversation before I start character sheet and opening in separate threads. Ask to join here to join OOC PM.

This sounds interesting, so I'll be putting in my lot of interest. Our characters would be among the first supers of the world, did I understand that correctly?

I have a character concept I wouldn't mind playing: here's a quick description.

Amaya "Melia" Sosa is a young argentinian woman who looks to be about 19 years of age: she has medium-long straight black hair which frames her otherwise very plain looking face. Her body is not remarkably fit but she looks healthy, overall; her complexion she has from her father, a pretty pale thing. Standing at a hundred and sixty-seven centimeters (5'6") she is fairly average in height, when compared with the rest of the female population.

She dresses in comfortable clothes, with their second-best quality being their durability: she does not seem to care much for her outward appearance and she wears a minimal amount of make-up. Before her powers manifested, she worked in a dead-end service job and as a nurse.

Powers:
Amaya is a biokinetic with an innate understanding of, and the ability to modify, the biology of any living organism she touches. She is not only capable to use her powers on humans, but on all carbon-based life. As a result, her body is immune to bacteria, viruses and parasites whilst she is conscious. Amaya uses this power mostly to heal people: with a touch and five seconds, she can close a wound and fast-forward the recovery of the body to the point only a faint scar remains. This is but one of the many things she can do with her biokinesis.

She is restricted in the use of her powers, in that she can't modify her own body (she is still a squishy human being), she has to touch someone and if she does not have biomass to work with, she can't do much (there has to be organic mass she can modify and manipulate: she can't create biomatter herself) so whenever she uses her power, depending on how much she modified, the subject of her power will feel hungry as she used their reserves to work on them.

Last edited:
Erin is probably familiar with her: Amaya dropped out of highschool at age 15 when her mother died and dodged the authorities trying to force her into foster care. She got her GED and did her own thing, becoming a customer service rep for a bit before going to the hospital as an underpaid nurse intern.

So she and the detective might know each other from some case where Erin had to go to the hospital to get some statements or what have you.

Would it be alright with you if I RPd Amaya in the first person, referring to your characters in third? Or is it a dealbreaker and you require third person?

Here's an example:
I walked past the heavy show curtain, eyes forward: the representative, 'Scoops' Davenport sat on the chair opposite the one I was going to sit in, wearing an appropriate blouse, blazer and dress pants combo that fit her to a T. I felt the disapproving memory of Mara nagging in the back of my head that a simple skater dress and black flats were not enough for the occasion, but I was not going to dwell on that.

Instead, I watched the journalist rise and took her offered hand, giving it a quick shake 'n squeeze.

"Thank you for havin' me, Scoops. Glad you didn't bail on me."

As we shook hands, I gave her a thorough once-over. She was in remarkable shape: maybe the rumors about her chasing scoops until the end of the earth weren't so unfounded after all.

I wish we could like posts on this site, because wow.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with it, and judging by your practice scenario, she's going to be interviewed by Scoops? I'm waiting for more to join us before actually starting.

I have two super ideas I want to throw in for this.

So, within this setting, superpowers can come from anywhere, right? Magic, science, relics, aliens, etc.? Or do all powers, at least within this RP's context and its playable characters, come from a singular meteor?

They came from the meteor's radiation. The bright fucsia like flash if witnessed would just show that it exploded. All powers would be as diverse as people. Some are affected (get powers) some aren't.

I'm thinking seriously of going ahead and starting the opening tomorrow, maybe if the roleplay is started, we might get some interest! I'm going to plan and plot out Westbrook and tag you both. Please, @Plague Raven , register your character or characters on the character sheet, I'll tag you, tonight.

Any specifications on what I can or can't use for character images? (not that I'm able to procure one soon, it'll take a while)

Also, can non-humans be affected?

I never thought about non-human unless fantasy creatures like elves, fae and such, but mostly because this is set in modern Midwest in the States, where most of those are legends.

Take a look at my characters. All of them are from different books in the Choices app, so as long as the image matches who you're portraying, it will be fine. I take you as an anime fan by your profile pic.

I never thought about non-human unless fantasy creatures like elves, fae and such, but mostly because this is set in modern Midwest in the States, where most of those are legends.

I was thinking more like the meteor might have affected something as simple as a tree or a woodland creature. Some heroes and comic characters have backstories where they started off as such before becoming human-like. (i.e. some now-retconned Spider-Woman backstories where she was originally a spider before they High Evolutionary made her human)

Take a look at my characters. All of them are from different books in the Choices app, so as long as the image matches who you're portraying, it will be fine. I take you as an anime fan by your profile pic.

Got it, I'll grab from my usual source later then.

Again, I hadn't thought of that, before, but if you want one of your characters to be that, I would only have to see how they interact with the larger human population, and especially Scoops, my TV reporter who didn't get any powers from the meteorite.

Any fixes I do (plus picture additions) I can only truly do in say... 7 or 8 hours? That's when I clock out of work and I touch home.

Both characters accepted, and it looks like Windy will have a friend (that watches her start scarfing like crazy) and except for her temper, Sunflower might be better with Ginger at the Fratority. They might be able to help each other, and Ginger would definitely look out for her. It might be hard for either to be with the officer, police station might be no place for the plant. Not even sure the detective would let a kid help out. Power would come in handy to bust a counterfeit relic scam though...

Back
Top Bottom