Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Time Masters (Grave x Wiki)

“ or the fact it’s a surprise, I mean guess I could call later for someone.” Shrugging with an obvious doubt before they would finally leave now.

——

Rin would finally make it, though having the weird feeling especially now that she also knew about that boy that there was no one that someone would be here looking for him because of that. She would sigh and look around, going behind a tree “ king crimson…” slowly her body having an aura of red as the stand appeared. It seemed nothing had happened beside the fact she was already behind another tree that was closer a bit closer to the front almost like teleporting but not really.

Ken left the house with Toroka. As they walked, they made small talk about a few things, such as how nice the day was. When they reached Hibiya, they split up at the front door to go to their respective classrooms. Once in his classroom, Ken took his seat. It was still before class, so everyone was chatting with their friends. Ken went over his notes from the previous day, his study habits as strong as ever.

---

Across the street from Hibiya High School, a black, nondescript van was parked in a public parking lot. The two Asian men inside were dressed in black suits and sunglasses while carrying concealed firearms. They were mercenaries working for Nanari Enterprises, but that detail was strictly off the books. They were manning the radar and waiting for signs of a Time Master at the high school. If one was detected, they were to acquire the Time Artifact by any means necessary. After doing so, it would be delivered to a representative of Nanari Enterprises at a meeting place unrelated to the company.

---

Across town at his high school, Alex was stewing in his classroom. He was annoyed that he had to be here instead of being able to watch Hibiya. President Nanari had put some of his best men on the job but that hardly reassured him. Time Masters were slippery and unpredictable, most likely only able to be stopped by another Time Master. Alex sighed and opened his book to study. He needed to do something productive while in a situation that he could not change.

Toroka wouldn’t really think about anything, going to her class normally before she would meet him later again to eat like always or whatever else for the day.

——

Rin sighed, no damn way that she didn’t already have attention with the fact that she could just appear like that. Just be a normal girl and not take any shit today like always as she turned to walk in for class.

Ken looked up as Rin walked into class. He didn't know what it was, but something about her bothered him. It was as if there were more than met the eye with her. He got up and approached her.

"Hey, Rin. How are you today?"

She stretched, her arms over her head before going through her backpack for some red and black fingerless gloves and putting them on. For the moment she ignored him before turning as she sat down.

“ well haven’t dealt with any shit yet. But I’m fine beside the weird feeling about what’s going on around here but nothing still like always.”

Ken gave her a strange look as she ignored him. He was just about to go back to his desk when she spoke to him. The weird look did not go away.

"What's going on around here? What do you mean?"

He didn't know at all what she was talking about.

“ just some things I guess it’s weirder that I brought it randomly like oh yeah also something weird is happening.” Being sarcastic but also not wanting to blow her cover that it could be secretly her and that other boy with the “ powers”. Rin would sigh before leaning back. “ well all I know is a weird feeling, just been noticing some small stuff or it’s just me.” Shrugging seeing she wouldn’t make sense still. “ just watch around here and stuff might happen.” Leaning back and relaxing.

Ken listened to her strange rambling and wasn't one bit more enlightened to what she was talking about.

"Okay. I'll keep an eye out."

He returned to his desk. What could she be talking about? Was someone aware of his time stopping power?

Rin would just forget about it anyway but she knew that the school felt weirdly different, also the fact it didn’t matter anyway that no one could see her stand beside him as she knew he had some powers now. For the moment she didn’t really do much than just sit seeing no point to use her epitaph to see a few seconds into the obvious future of a teacher coming in and no would see the weird face on her forehead if she did use it.

Rin would think about it though that she never actually used the main stand itself for really anything though, slightly annoying her but she knew it would be more useful a lot later than she would ever think.

Ken paid attention in class and tried not to think too much about Rin's strange words. When it was time for lunch, he headed for the cafeteria. He went through the line, where part of today's meal would be miso soup. While he was heading for a table, he saw another student trip and begin stumbling toward him. At this rate of speed, Ken was likely to end up with miso soup all over his shirt. He let go of his tray and twisted the ring just as miso soup began sloshing toward him.

The soup froze in midair and everyone around Ken was frozen in place. He caught his tray, which was also frozen in midair, and then walked around behind the student. After carefully resuming time, Ken reached out and caught his arm to prevent him from falling down. His food went everywhere and the student looked behind him in surprise. After he was standing straight up, Ken let go of his arm.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked the student.

The student still seemed confused but nodded.

"Y-Yeah."

He picked up his tray and headed back for the line to get another one. Ken found an empty table and sat down to eat. Helping someone out with his new power had felt good. Maybe that was what he was meant to do with it, after all.

---

Outside Hibiya High School, the private operators working for Nanari Enterprises suddenly got a hit on their radar.

"A Time Artifact has been confirmed to be inside of Hibiya High School," one operator said, giving verbal confirmation to his partners in the van.

Another operator made a quick phone call to an off-the-books hotline connected to Nanari Enterprises. After giving an assigned code, he had a quick conversation with a representative reporting their findings. After hanging up, the operators were on alert. Their mission now was to secure the Time Artifact once its user left school.

---

Alex felt a sudden bolt of pain in his head, wincing in response. The Time Master at Hibiya High School must have used their power. It bothered him that he was stuck in class and could not pursue whoever it was. He didn't trust Nanari's operators to get the job done. Sighing softly, he continued listening in class. He had already decided that if the job got botched today, he was taking over.

Class would be done as it was finally lunch. She had to switch to her more slightly flighty reflexive side knowing that now being out of class anything could happen and the fact that something with that boy would be it. Rin could feel a sudden rush as her body would freeze but opening her eyes she would find herself in a new body as her stand pulled itself out to protect the girl.

Rin very much knew now it was definitely him, and when time would start her stand would come back to her body as she moved a step back like someone did push her. With that she would get her lunch and sit, ignoring everything but being easily ready if something would happen.

After lunch and afternoon classes, Ken got his stuff and began heading home. While he was walking down the sidewalk, he passed a very attractive blonde Western woman in a scarlet dress. Ken turned to admire her from behind for a second and couldn’t have gotten luckier. She walked over an air vent and a strong gust of upward wind blew her dress up. Her black thong was revealed and Ken instantly got hard. He stopped time immediately to get a good, long look at this sexy honey’s nearly exposed ass.

After getting his fill, Ken restarted time and turned to walk away. After five minutes of walking, a white van screeched to a halt next to him and the doors flew open.

“Stop right there!” an aggressive male voice called out.

A Western man in a black suit lunged at him and Ken dodged by jumping backwards. Panicking, Ken stopped time and sprinted away. He ran until he couldn’t run anymore.

Panting in a secluded alleyway, Ken slumped against the alley wall. Who the hell were those Westerners?! Were they trying to kidnap him?! Stories of human trafficking went through his wildly racing mind. Ken was too frightened to even restart time. He brought his knees up to his chest and began to sob in fear.

Again as she walked home, her lucky instincts would kick in though a bit late as only the arms would appear along with the smaller face on her forehead before time would come back. “ well he can’t do shit with his and I have my stand instinct….” Giving a sigh as she closed her eyes before her hair would blow up a bit and show her an image of events that would happen in the next ten seconds with the men there and him running but nothing else.

Her hair would fall back down behind her for a moment at least before Rin would make it lift up again as she took another peak of ten seconds to see if there was the possibility that the agents would find her out as her hair fell and the face would form back to her normal forehead.

Rin would start to walk just to finally leave or at least thinking that but also the fact that he kept his power away and it wasn’t fair that if someone found out or probably already knew about it they would already be chasing him. “ he’s isn’t the only damn one, probably already know me…” also seeing the fact that SOMEONE did mean to hurt him to try and possibly take his power. Rin didn’t care about the danger much probably because her own power was to actually fight as well as she took out her vape to start to smoke.

With that she would turn to try and follow him before seeing that he hid in an alleyway. “ well they probably won’t get shit from the school but someone has to give it to them.” Knowing that she would easily scare him just by talking but not wanting to show herself.

“ you’re lucky that they only know about you which makes it easier for me for now. I technically have two time powers though or more two halves that are one.” She started to explain before walking in with a red glow around her.“ I saw you and what you have.” Walking closer. “ I can fight better than you can if you wanna trust me though…” giving the choice but also the obvious idea that she wasn’t with them either anyway.

Last edited:
Ken almost jumped up in fear when he heard a female voice speaking to him. He couldn't see anyone, but he could hear her voice. After a moment, he recognized it from their conversation earlier.

"Rin? Is that you?"

He was confused and frightened by her words.

"Who won't get shit from the school? Who are those foreigners? Why did they try to grab me like that?"

Her next words made even less sense.

"What do you mean they know about me and not you? Are you saying you have powers, too?"

How could those foreigners have found out about his time stopping power? None of this made any sense to him. When Rin entered the alleyway glowing red, he nearly took off running again.

"What the hell?!"

She claimed to have seen his power. Ken didn't want to believe her, but it didn't seem that strange for her to know after what he had just seen.

Rin approached him and offered her protection. Ken was so confused.

"Why is this happening? How do they know about my power? For that matter, how do YOU know about my power? Are you somehow unaffected by my time stops?"

Before any questions could be answered, several vans pulled up to the alleyway entrances, blocking them off. Over a dozen Westerners in black suits and shades rushed into the alley. Ken nearly shit his pants as they all pointed pistols at them.

"You two! Hand over your Time Artifacts!"

Ken wanted to stop time and escape, but he was too afraid of getting shot to move.

“ well it should be obvious with what I said. I know because well kinda long story but basically it’s weird inherited thing for me, it’s by blood.” Starting to explain, “ my uncle is gone but my dad was his son and had a mark which he never knew and doesn’t have anymore and I’m half my parents so I would have a mark since I have his blood.” She stretched a bit.

“ how do I even know this? Well just like you the power would suddenly activate maybe because it was one of those times I had extreme anxiety over something and it was probably a natural danger response but instead of like your brain telling your body to do something, something else happened where I felt like I left my body and almost went forward in time a few seconds. My mind focused on those future seconds and what happened happened so I was off to test it out and stuff.”

“ well there’s another part of the power that-“ turning as she saw the vans now. “ King crimson.” The red aura would glow before another “ person “ or what looked like would appear floating behind her.

“ you guys wanna get bloody? Or should I let them shoot us first.” Not helping to tease the boy with not doing anything but also showing how useless anything they did would be. “ rather try to shoot us with those darts or something, should be easy….” Again taunting as all she would do would be to erase the time between any projectile actually moving and the time of hitting her or what seemed to “ teleport “ it to hit the wall behind them instead.

Ken listened as Rin told him that she had inherited her power through her family's blood. That was similar to how he had acquired his own power. Apparently the red aura came from a mark somewhere on her body. According to her, she discovered this power randomly when she was in danger. Rin was apparently able to move forward slightly in time and realize it. Ken had lots of questions but wasn't sure where to start.

She mentioned another part of her power, which Ken was curious about. Since he only had the one power, he figured that it was unusual to have two. However, before he could learn any more, something grabbed Rin's attention. She said some words and another person seemed to appear out of her aura. Ken almost fell over in shock.

"What the hell is that?!"

When Rin seemed unfazed by several men pointing guns at them, he thought she was nuts.

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

He couldn't believe she was taunting armed men.

"Look, I'll cooperate," he told them.

Ken reached for his ring. Once he had his hand on it, he twisted it to stop time.

With everything stopped, Ken turned to Rin.

"Can you move?"

He didn't know if her time powers allowed her to resist his. There was still a lot about this power that he didn't understand.

The other person would seem like it would suddenly trip as she transferred herself to the new body. “ dammit tell me when you’re gonna do that and you can’t do that forever.”

Rolling her eyes. “ well yes and no because I’m able to use my stand directly like this so I am the king. don’t have the aura with him out. “ explaining that it would be a shield when she wasn’t actually using it like this.

She crossed her arms a bit annoyed seeing it would a bit of a pain to protect him when he was so scared to give up something like that so easily.

Ken gave a sheepish grin.

"Sorry about that. I had to get us out of that situation somehow.”

Rin could move somehow, so he wanted them to get out of there.

“Let’s go.”

They left the alley and needed to get far away.

“Let’s go to my house.”

He took her hand and rushed Rin to his house. Once they were in the door, they rushed past a time frozen Toroka and upstairs to his room. Ken shut the door and resumed the flow of time.

“Hopefully they won’t find us here.”

He breathed a sigh of relief and sat down on his bed.

She was pulled easily from not knowing the hell was even going on as she just ran wondering what he was even doing before they came into a house and upstairs. Rin would just breathe heavily from running as she slid down the wall to sit. “ well whatever I guess.”

Slowly standing up with her stand showing up as she pulled up her bag. “ well they won’t find you here.” With the obvious fact that they were safe she could go and the fact there was someone else she would have to use her stand so the other girl wouldn’t notice. “ well your damn lucky I saved your ass so theres nothing else for me here.”

Ken looked up as Rin seemed to be using whatever power she had.

“Hold on. I have some questions.”

He pointed at the second humanoid thing in the room.

“I know you said that thing is from your bloodline or whatever, but what does it do? How were you able to avoid being shot?”

He looked into her eyes.

“I would also be careful about using whatever that thing is. I don’t know who these people are, but they’re serious. They must be able to track our powers somehow, as well. I don’t want you getting hurt, Rin.”

Although the girl seemed like she could handle herself, he wasn’t taking these armed men lightly.

She turned and cross her arms leaning against the door not wanting to say but deciding to explain anyway then. “ well technically everyone would have one if they could fight but you can’t use it unless you come from a line where it was more activated then passed down. Or you can find an old artifact, a golden arrow. It was to be used by an angel in gods army that was one of the best with a bow though still after missing a shot, the arrows landed from the heavens. Thought also said that the arrows have some sentience themselves and choose the user. And also the fact that every arrow is kinda different. I have a remnant mark of the arrow that still holds some power.”

“ well I can explain that too but might cost you…” teasing if he really wanted to know instead of the short version. “ I have ten seconds of sight and also erase. I think you can obviously figure it out.” Not telling as it wasn't really too hard to guess if he was smart enough.

She would stop the glow as the stand would be gone now before wondering what to do again than just going home.

Ken listened with some confusion as Rin talked about gaining whatever this was from a legendary arrow. That was the only other way to get it if it wasn’t passed down through your bloodline, apparently. She teased him and he smiled.

“Very funny, Rin.”

She explained that she could see ten seconds into the future and could erase any undesirable events in that same span of time. That would certainly explain how she could avoid being shot.

“Okay, but does it do anything else? Can you punch with it? Does it have enhanced strength? Can it shield you from attack?”

Ken didn’t know exactly what they were up against, so he needed to know the specs on Rin’s supernatural companion. That would help him know exactly what she could do in a fight.

“ has all that superhero shit though it has 8 feet range so it’s a close type. Part of me so damage is reflected though.” Not really seeing anything else that wasn’t obvious.

Putting a hand in her jacket and taking out her vape as she would use it when she would leave. “ though don’t be damn behind me or you would take the shot. I could go very long and actually explain it super detailed but don’t know if I should.” Seeing still not trusting him though.

Ken nodded as Rin explained that this thing was basically made to fight up close and personal. She included a warning that her ten second erasure wouldn’t stop him from being shot if she used it while he was standing behind her.

“Good to know. You could use that thing as a shield, though, right? I guess if all else fails, I can always stop time with my dad’s ring.”

He could tell that Rin was hesitant to talk about her powers.

“Look, I get it. We hardly know each other and you don’t know how trustworthy I am. I’m not going to tell anyone about our powers. Who would believe me, anyway? I just know that whoever is after my dad’s ring is serious and not afraid to use violence. We should probably stick together on this.”

“ god it’s gonna be annoying….” Rolling her eyes as it seemed for now he didn’t have anything to do with fighting. “ well if it’s like that then I’ll be safe then.” If they know a lot more about him than her. Rin opened the door and started to walk. “ well see ya then it’s already late…”

Back
Top Bottom