Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's your favorite quote?

"I don't know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I'll never know... But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that."

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indiscernible from magic." - Arthur C Clarke

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Imagine there's no Heaven. It's easy if you try. No Hell below us. Above us only sky. Imagine all the people, Living for today." - John Lennon

"Sucking at something is the first step towards being sort of good at something!" - Jake

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
― George Carlin

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
― Harlan Ellison

"If you are a hermaphrodite, it is physically impossible to be gay."
― Stephen Colbert

"Everybody want to know what I'd do if I didn't win. I guess we'll never know."
-Kanye West, on speculation about what he would have done if he didn't win a Grammy

"The creation of the mortgage bond market, a decade earlier, had extended Wall Street into a place it had never before been: the debts of ordinary Americans."

The Big Short

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend."
- Albert Camus

"That's the thing about Introverts. We wear our chaos in the inside where no one can see it"

At the moment it’s:

“Yes, I Am Drunk, But You Are Ugly. Tomorrow I Will Be Sober, And You Will Still Be Ugly”

I just love how many people I’d love to say that to.

A variation/permutation (one of the many) of Murphy's Law:

Tell a man there are a hundred billion stars in the galaxy and he'll believe you. Tell a man the bench has wet paint on it, and he'll touch it to be sure.

"We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

i'm the hero of this story, i don't need to be saved.

the sun will rise and we will try again.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indiscernible from magic." - Arthur C Clarke

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Imagine there's no Heaven. It's easy if you try. No Hell below us. Above us only sky. Imagine all the people, Living for today." - John Lennon
I'm a big fan of that Clarke quote as well.

The one quote I find myself going back to often is Walt Whitman:

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then, I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes)

So much of Song of Myself is epically quotable.

You get a house with a 25 year roof, an indestructible Jap-economy shitbox, you put the rest into the system at three to five percent to pay your taxes and that's your base, get me? That's your fortress of fucking solitude.

(favorite quote right now as taxes are due)

‘Every day may not be good but there’s something good in every day.’

Or, one of my other favorites,

‘Someday, all the love you’ve given to the wrong people will find it’s way back to you in someone who’s waited their whole life for your kind of love.’

Both I live by <3

This has been living rent free in my mind for some time now: "Fill your hollow heart with rage."

And one of my all time favorites by Brandon Sanderson,

"A journey will have pain and failure. It is not only the steps forward that we must accept. It is the stumbles. The trials. The knowledge that we will fail. That we will hurt those around us.
But if we stop, if we accept the person we are when we fail, the journey ends. That failure becomes our destination."

Back
Top Bottom