Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's your favorite quote?

"What's the most important step a person can take? It's not the first, is it? It's the next one. Always the next one." -Oathbringer, Dalinar

"I will protect those I hate. Even ... even if the one I hate most ... is ... myself." -Oathbringer, Teft

"Duty is heavy as a mountain, death is light as a feather." -Wheel of Time

"There is one rule, above all others, for being a man. Whatever comes, face it on your feet." -Wheel of Time

Honestly you can probably throw a dart at a Brandon Sanderson or Wheel of Time book and find a great line.

"It's a hell of a thing, killin' a man. You take away all he's got, an' all he's ever gonna have." - William Munny, Unforgiven

"Only two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

"Parting with people is a sadness; a place is only a place." - Gurney Halleck, Dune

Llke the afore-mentioned Wheel of Time, Dune is filled with little pearls of insight into the human condition.

"Easy reading is damn hard writing." - Nathanial Hawthorne

Soooo fucking true. I remember this every time I edit my replies.

"Do you know what I remember? When [my father] read to me. Stupid things, dragons and heroes. He wouldn't turn a page until I reached over and took his hand. That big man made every step of the story my choice. I loved that. He died of the wasting, in a Denerim ward. Those last weeks I read to him. I had to take his hand to turn the pages. And I couldn't tell if he was too weak, or if it was the old game…No one tells you how to mourn. And when someone says, "move on", you take their hand and say "my choice."
Aveline Valen, Dragon Age II

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich W. Nietzsche

While I don't agree with everything the man preached, this qoute stuck with me.

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

"How you deal with death is at least as important as how you deal with life, wouldn't you say, Lieutenant?" - Adm James T Kirk

Fate. Destiny. Fatestinatey. People toss those words around like tennis balls. Well, I eat balls for breakfast.

OK real favorite quote

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, 'it might have been' - Kurt Vonnegut (Though really the phrase comes from the poem Maud Muller by John Greenleaf Whittier)

"People will either believe a lie because they are a afraid it is true, or because they want it to be true." -Zeddicus Zul Zorrander

"I am the man who grabs the Sun, riding to Valhalla! Witness me Bloodbag!! Witness!!!"

"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." - Dalai Lama

Back
Top Bottom