Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ties That Bind: A Fort Salem Story (Spitfire & Katu)

His question made her smile. Of course, she didn't want to talk to any others and she was glad to hear the same from him. Tradition or not, it wasn't worth the risk to her either. Goddess forbid Swythe swoop in and claim another Johnston brother simply because she could. The thought made her bristle as she found the other witch's eyes on them. It seemed Jacob was no longer interested and Esme was sure that was a fact she simply could not stand without some animosity.

It was tempting for the Farrington to flaunt the fact that Jonathan had chosen her despite the other girl's more developed sensuality. However, she simply moved along with her companion. Though she assumed her lack of experience would be a factor in whether or not he would choose her, she was more than a little certain that Jonathan would not be interested in a woman his brother had already been intimate with.

She smiled at the other men as she and Jonathan took their seats with her unit and he introduced them. Blushing at their recognition and the comment, she glanced at him. They were right, after all. They should be socializing with others but neither of them wanted to.

Lydia sharply joined the conversation with a quip, "I believe I saw Jonathan speaking to Brianna Guthrie when he arrived. The conversation seemed to last all of ninety seconds before Esme arrived to sweep him off to the garden before dinner." Smirking, "They've hardly acknowledged anyone else besides. I'm sure Jacob is positively beside himself with jealousy that his brother gets to claim..." Another kick to her leg and she gave Esme a glare, "If that's how you behave, I won't be sitting next to you at other meals."

Lifting a brow, Cassandra noted, "You'll receive the same treatment from me, Bellweather."

"It's nice to meet you both," Esme returned her attention to the men at the table, feeling it inappropriate to exclude them. "Your family reputations precede you. I do hope my unit mates aren't too brass for your gentlemanly sensibilities. Bellweather can be quite abrasive when she puts her mind to it."

Sam grinned. "Everyone has heard of Bellweather, though I would say that the stories hardly do her justice."

Jonathan blinked, allowing himself the chance to roll his eyes without being detected. He very much doubted that he would be Lydia's choice. Though it was fun to see him try. Sherridan seemed to be having a bit more luck with Quartermine, but it was still difficult to know how it would all end up. Jonathan took the opportunity to sit down and begin eating. The food was much better than he was used to, and he was happy to take full advantage. He could get used to Fort Salem - if only that were an option.

Breakfast continued, but before long all of the cadets were told that it was time to move to the training yard, for the presentation. Jonathan was beyond excited at the opportunity to see Esme in action, though he resolved to attempt to stay close to her as long as he could, lest one of his fellow cadets move in, or some other Fort Salem Witch decide to have a go at him.

While under her unit's close supervision, Lydia kept a more civil tongue, though not teasing Esme clearly pained her at every missed opportunity. Good-natured ribbing was one thing but spilling another witch's secrets was another. Bellweather and Quartermaine didn't truly buy into the rumors of Beltane, so Esme rarely spoke of it. The ridicule she endured was more than enough for her liking. However, she held a glimmer of hope that there was a bit of truth in the legend. At the very least, her first experience would be special. Beltane night, with someone she truly cared for was still very much worth the wait in her mind.

As the group stood to leave, Cassandra was excited to show off for potential matches. Lydia gave Esme a dower expression before remarking to the fixer, "Let's hope Farrington's recent... distraction hasn't caused us to slip in rank enough to fall out of favor." With that, she and Cassandra marched ahead while Esme smiled and shrugged at Jonathan. She had indeed been a bit absent-minded in their recent bouts but she held firm that the increase in power she had displayed would count for something.

She stayed close to Jonathan without lagging too far behind her unit as many of the men split off to retrieve the scourges they had created for their counterparts. Giving him a quick smile and resisting the urge to kiss his cheek, she parted ways with him to took her place in the formation. The leaders of each unit stood between the other two women and the groups were lined up creating columns and rows of soldiers. They stood at attention, awaiting the arrival of their audience.

Jonathan knew that this was his opportunity. No matter what, happened with the dance, he was confident that Esme would elect to use the scourge he'd crafted for their display. He'd spent much of his time at school working on it. It was a fine weapon, and he was truly proud of it. Even when he had first started braiding the leather cords, he had dared to dream that one day Esme would use it. He smiled, as he took it in his hands and pulled it tight.

He quickly checked his class A uniform, making sure that it would be perfect for the evening. Female cadets usually wore gowns, and while males were also permitted a civilian suit, Jonathan liked the way he looked in his proper uniform.

Once everything was perfect, he brought his scourge to the practice field. Many of Fort Salem's cadets were already inspecting scourges made by Jonathan's fellows. He nervously looked for Esme, he was confident that she would not select a scourge made by anyone else, but if one of his comrades cornered her...

There she was, empty handed.

Jonathan quickly approached her, his scourge in his hands. He blushed, and gave a sort of awkward half bow but asked. "Esme Farrington, if you would so honor me."

Last edited:
While the men retrieved their offerings, the women listened to their orders regarding decorum for this situation and what would be expected of the three units chosen for the demonstration. They were permitted to leave the formation and await their hopefuls. While Esme saw Jacob and Rebecca Swythe, though not together, and it made her wonder if the pair had fallen out of favor with one another. Of course it was of little consequence to her, unless her rival had her eyes on Jonathan. Hoping to avoid attention from someone else, Esme attempted to maneuver herself toward the back and avoided eye contact.

She waited patiently for him, safe in the fact that he would not choose another unless she accepted an offering from someone else. It wasn't unheard of for the gift to be declined but doing so reflected poorly on the matriline and Esme couldn't afford to bring that kind of attention to herself. Her mother would understand, but others might not. She could almost feel his eyes on her as he approached. Looking up, she saw only him.

When her spoke her name, she sighed happily and gave him a grin. She took the weapon gingerly, caressing his hand softly as she did. "At this moment, nothing would please me more." Surely he would please her after the dance and she could feel a renewed sense of power coursing through her as she thought about what it would be like to be beneath him, atop him, any position they could manage, all throughout the night. Her body shuddered but she didn't blush or break eye contact. She wanted him to see the desire in her green eyes.

The exchanges between cadets wound down and the drill sergeant called them back into formation, at attention, the men ordered to take seats while the top teams were announced. "Step forward on my call... Halstead unit... Bellweather unit... Swythe unit." As the units stepped forward, the pride was clear but was most evident on the faces of Rebecca and Lydia. Halstead's group was admirable in their cohesion as a group but the pressure to perform in front of an audience of men.

Bellweather was next, the women walking into the training area with heads held high and eyes forward. They formed a circle with their backs to one another in a defensive stance, each of them unwinding the cords from the holsters on their hips. While Esme faced the stands, she was too focused to look in Jonathan's direction. Bellweather gave a nod and the drill sergeant let loose the stone manikins. When a target was hit, another moved in at higher speeds. The group moved in choreographed unison, sending windstrikes toward incoming and using their scourges on closer targets. As the continued, Esme's hits grew more accurate and more intense. The final fall of her scourge obliterated the stone and sent chunks flying across the view from the stands.

The drill sergeant called an end. "Well done Bellweather unit. Return to formation. Swythe unit. You're up." While Rebecca appeared angry and slightly intimidated, Lydia was smug and triumphant. The group gave it a valiant effort, but struggled to keep the momentum. As one of them stumbled a bit, Swythe barked an order and moved on with a tense expression. In the end, they pulled it back together but didn't give the show that Bellweather had.

The bit of contact between them made Jonathan blush, especially at her words 'at this moment...' As if she hinted that later there would be ways to further please her. There almost seemed to be an electric feeling between them, as though magic was already linking them. Was it his imagination? Or was this Beltane starting in earnest. It was hard for him to leave her presence and return to the other male cadets in the stands.

Yes, he admired, and held affection for Esme, but even knowing this bias, he could not imagine anyone handling the scourge he made quite like her. The way she moved was flawless, each step choreographed with her unit. He had hoped that she might look in his direction, but somehow, her pure focus made him desire her all the more. The Bellweather unit was head and shoulders above the others, including Swythe's.

Especially Swythe's.

Those three hung their heads, knowing that they had been shown up.

With that, all of the cadets were dismissed to go and prepare for the dance.

Jonathan took his time getting dressed, making sure that every aspect of his formal uniform was correct. He even had Carter give a final inspection. Like him or hate him, he had sharp eyes, and removed two errant bits of thread.

The males all arrived first, and began mingling. Jonathan took two glasses of punch but did not drink from either. He awaited Esme, hoping to toast with her as soon as she arrived.

Carter gave him a knowing smirk.

After Swythe's show was over, the women of the Bellweather unit seemed incredibly smug, even the normally modest Farrington witch. Before she had a chance to approach Jonathan, Lydia swept her away to get dressed. She was able to steal a glance at him, offering a smile and eyes that promised more to come.

In their room, the group celebrated their victory with toast from Cassandra's flask, even though Esme never knew what was in from one day to the next. Still high on the adrenaline from the demonstration and giddy for the last chance to mingle before the dance, the unit leader and fixer conversed about who they might be paired with. Lydia began with a jab at Esme, suggesting that the dance could lead her back to Jacob. She earned a glare from both of the other women in the room but Cassandra was the only one to chide her.

For her part, Cassandra seemed quite fond of Carter and sought to seal the deal before the dance in the hopes that they'd be paired. Lydia had yet to decide. No one had truly caught and kept her notice for long. Esme suggested perhaps someone would have if she'd paid less attention to she and Jonathan. Quartermaine smiled and nodded in agreement but Bellweather rolled her eyes and continued to dress.

Esme curled her hair, then applied just a bit of makeup to turn her lips rosy before donning the dress her sister had made for her. The meticulous attention to detail was not one-sided. It showed as she entered the garden in the green dress that perfectly matched her eyes and fit perfectly, hugging tightly in all the right places. The garment laced up in the front and bared her shoulders and most of her arms.

She searched for the handsome young man she hoped to spend the night with. Her eyes lit up as she saw Jonathan and she tried to hold back from rushing toward him. A task she succeeded in but only barely. "I didn't expect you to be in uniform," she said with a smile. "You look... so very... debonair." Taking the offered glass, she thanked him with a kiss on his cheek, the smell of her perfume lingering lightly in the air. "I've been looking forward to this for quite some time and I'm so glad you're here to celebrate Beltane with me."

Jonathan was unable to hide the delight at seeing Esme. His face absolutely lit up. Somehow, he still had a difficult time wrapping his head around the idea that she was interested in him, especially after her unit's demonstration, he knew that she could have her pick of any of his fellow cadets, and yet she was interested him him. The whole thing made his head spin. Though a fear was growing in him that the dance might pair them with different people.

Could the magic of Beltane really be so cruel?

No.

He refused to believe it, fear and doubt were pushed from his mind. The two were meant to be.

Her words made him blush, and he smoothed nonexistent wrinkles from the front of his frock. "You are radiant." He said a little more breathlessly than he would have liked, but he was still melting from the kiss on his cheek. "I've dreamed about this evening for a long time, and thus far it's better than anything I could have imagined." He swallowed a bit of punch. "How was the scourge?" He asked. Hoping that she found it worthy of the pride he felt for it.

The fact that he already thought the evening was a dream come true did bode well. She smiled as she leaned in slightly and whispered, "And to think... the best is yet to come." At this point, she was convinced that nothing could ruin their evening. The Goddess would not allow a faithful witch to be so heartbroken on Beltane.

"The scourge was," an expression of reminiscence crossed her face, "perfect." It took her a moment to mentally return from the feeling she'd had during the demonstration. "There was an immediate connection when I held it in my hand. I could tell it was made for me." The excitement in her eyes was contained by her sense of decorum and she kept her voice low. "Jonathan... I've never felt so powerful. It was... amazing. You made what my very well be the best weapon I will ever wield. Thank you. It was perfect."

Her green eyes sparkled as she looked up at him. Holding her glass slightly aloft, she gave him a sly yet very smug grin, "A toast to the best night of our lives, as I'm sure it will be."

Pride flooded Jonathan's soul as she described how much she loved his scourge. Somehow, the idea that he made her more powerful, or at least feel more powerful sent a twinge of delight up his spine. The fact that she'd keep it, and use it for all of her military career and beyond made him immeasurably joyful.

Further, her confidence that they would be together that evening, that the dance would indeed pair them made him confident. Any doubt that the unthinkable might occur disappeared. Was she being smug? Perhaps. However, he put his faith in her as he clinked his glass with her. "To the very best night of our lives... thus far." He said with a grin of his own. He hoped that he had a long future ahead at Esme's side

Her heart skipped a beat when he said 'thus far' but she managed she sip the drink without incident. The fact that he seemed to hope for more than merely the night with her was more than she'd allowed herself to hope for or even consider in the day prior. "I imagine this will be a truly wonderful night." She did want to be alone with him, pleasuring one another in ways she'd never before experienced. The desire was set clearly in her green eyes as she looked into his.

Part of her wished they could skip the pleasantries of the last chance at mingling and just get to the dance so that she could be alone with him. Beyond the physical intimacy, his comment gave her reason to think there could be conversation about a possible future. War College at the very least. Past that was anyone's guess but the seed for something more had been planted in her mind and had somehow quickly found roots in her heart.

As Swythe made her way over, Esme held back a grimace at the spoiling of the moment and instead chose the smug smile she'd given her after the Bellweather unit's performance. "Well done Farrington." The compliment seemed to shock Jonathan's companion but she maintained her polite composure. "I've never seen a show quite like that." Her true intentions were immediately made known as she smiled at the younger Johnston twin. "It's been a long time, Jonathan. I haven't had the chance to catch up with you. It seems you've had a barnacle on your arm since the moment you arrived. How have you been?"

Esme sighed. So much for compliments. She should've expected it to be followed by a barb. Still, Jonathan was his own man and if he was truly hers, he would show it by turning Rebecca down. If Swythe pushed, Esme would defend his honor by reiterating his lack of interest in a way that could not be ignored.

Even though Esme held his attention, Jonathan's eyes never stayed still for long, part of his upbringing, to always look for danger. Though he certainly did not intend it, his eyes locked with Rebecca Swythe for half a second. His eyes quickly darted away, but he knew that she had taken it as an invitation. He didn't look in her direction again, but he knew she was coming. Why couldn't she just chase Jacob? Why was it her goal to chase both brothers? Would she pursue Johanna next?

His eyes narrowed as she complimented Esme, somehow he knew that another shoe was about to drop. He did not need to wait long. Icy coolness, perfect for a gentleman, met her comment. His quick wit quickly came up with a retort.

"It has been some time. It's funny you mention barnacles, the Johnston family is working on a new Ironclad vessel. Based on your performance, if you wish to switch careers to the Navy, I could put in a good word. I know that they will need officers."

His eyes, filled with amusement locked with Esme's, and his lips curled upwards.

Unlike Jonathan, Esme's gaze only wavered when she could practically feel her teammate's eyes on her. Cassandra's pleading her to at least say something to another man, Lydia's casting judgment as usual. She didn't even notice any of the onlookers staring at them with envy of one or the other of the pair.

His response to Swythe's was perfect. Just the right about of insulting while simultaneously offering her an opportunity.

"Quite the gentleman you have here, Esme," Rebecca said with sly smirk. "It seems he's offering me a position on his vessel." The sentence seemed much more crude than was necessary for a public setting. "He must want to keep me close at hand."

Esme bristled but calmed herself and, with a shake of her head, added, "I don't believe he'll be going on the voyage as I am assuming War College is in our future. However, the choice is completely his and I believe he's made that very clear to you. As we move forward, please remember to be ladylike in your approach to others. I would expect a woman of High Atlantic breeding to at least know how to conduct herself in public."

Without waiting for a response, she took Jonathan's arm and led him away, her head held high.

When Rebecca twisted his words, making it sound like he wanted anything to do with her, Jonathan's mouth worked angrily as he tried to find a retort. However, he couldn't. Thankfully. Esme rescued him. He hoped that war college was in his future, and hers as well. Most importantly, she respected him, pointing out that it was in fact his decision, but of course he would rather not be anywhere near Swythe, or anyone in her family.

He almost added that he doubted she'd have much success in the Navy regardless, but happily allowed himself to be lead away by Esme. He didn't give Rebecca another look, or another thought. Why would he bother when Esme was right here.

Once they were away, he smiled and looked into Esme's eyes. "Thanks for sticking up for me. Swythe sure is aggressive." He shuddered. "I'm glad I have a strong woman like you to stick up for me."

"I am happy to stand up for you whenever you need it," she said with a smile. "However, I will always give you the opportunity to speak on your own behalf first." It certainly sounded as though she hoped for a future with him at her side. "When a person can't accept a polite decline, one must use social tactics with equal aggression. And yes, she is quite forward." With a sigh, she gave him a weak smile. She was sure that was how Swythe had managed to lure Jacob away. Not that Esme wanted anything to do with him after that, but the embarrassment over the situation still lingered as most the the High Atlantic families had been in attendance.

As they worked their way around the room, she introduced him to a few more of her fellow cadets and allowed him to make introduction with his fellows. She tried not to stay in any one place for too long, lest they make a 'connection' elsewhere. It was an idea she didn't want to consider but still loomed over their heads. However, the intelligent and polite thing to do was mingle or at least appear to being doing so.

It felt like an eternity for the young woman who had been looking forward to the Beltane dance since her last dance with Jonathan. When the Matrimonialist called for the dance to begin, the cadets made two circles, men on the inside and women on the outside. Esme locked eyes with Jonathan and tried to convey a confidence she was no longer feeling. Her stomach was in knots and Swythe eyes were on him while Jacob's eyes were on her. Did the pair intend to separate them? It was entirely too late to consider that possibility as the music began.

As the circle moved, every cadet finds themselves across from someone new until all pairings have been made. From there it was an open dance Guthrie pulled Jonathan away immediately while Esme found herself in Carter's arms. The young man reassured her that she would make it back to her intended before the music ran out. Apparently, as much as his fellows teased him, they did want to be certain the bourgeoning couple made their way to one another.

As the dance progressed, Jonathan found him dancing with witch after witch. Some of them seemed to want to pass him off towards Esme as quickly as possible, others clearly wanted him for their own. Each time the dance took them elsewhere, he was grateful to move on. The moments away from Esme were hellish for him, he wanted to be back with her. She had impressed him even more when she said that she'd allow him to speak for himself, but would always step in to protect him if it was needed. Something he knew would never be granted him if he ended up with Swythe.

Little by little however, the dance started bringing him back towards Esme. A pull towards her could be felt, as though he was stuck in a whirlpool. He was spiraling towards her. Did she feel the same thing. He locked eyes with her briefly, and before he knew what was happening, he was in her arms.

His heart was racing as he reached an arm around her. It seemed like something clicked, like all was right in the world. Propriety be damned, he pressed his lips to hers.

From Carter to Hancock then on to Sam. She could practically feel herself drawing closer to Jonathan as she was spun from one partner to the next. And then... Jacob. She froze, feeling as though the wind had been knocked out of her. He whispered something to her about being breathless. With a scornful expression, she pulled away from him, assisted by Carter once again. She sighed heavily in relief. She had hoped to end the dance with Jonathan of course, but anyone was better than Jacob and Carter didn't seem so bad. Though she quickly decided they would not share themselves with one another, paired or not.

She saw Jonathan but was turned a second after. As Carter spun her away, the music stopped. She looked up at the man whose arms she'd found herself in at the very last second. It was him. She could hardly breathe. Although his arm slipped around her, she was not ready for the kiss. His lips landed on hers and fireworks went off in her mind.

Instructions were being given about the, mostly, private quarters within the garden set up for each woman. Esme wasn't listening. Her heart was racing in her ears and she was practically shaking with anticipation. She had been preparing for this night for a long time and she couldn't have been more excited that it was Jonathan. Caring very little about who their fellows were paired with, she took his hand and waited for the matrimonialist to release them.

The moment they were dismissed, Esme took him arm-in-arm and led him away. She managed to contain herself enough to keep to a brisk walk, she was unable to mask the grin that formed as she looked up at him. Her tent wasn't far but she was thrilled to be with him and the idea of what the night would bring them had her heart racing faster than it ever had before. The Farrington tent was decorated with the colors of her family crest. Red and white with accents of gold. The cushions and blankets matched the fabric of the makeshift walls around them as two lanterns hung above them to offer a warm light after the sun fully set.

Once inside, she pulled him close and kissed him again. After freeing him from her grasp, she whispered, "Take off your boots." Her eyes made it clear she was giving an order, even though her tone had a more seductive quality. She then turned to tie the curtain so that they could have as much privacy as possible.

A great sigh of relief escaped Jonathan's lips. He was with Esme, the one with whom he truly wished to be paired. He was barely able to take it all in, his head spun. Thankfully she easily guided him to her tent, because he was quite sure that he was far too excited to remember where to go. Though he was able to take in the Farrington colors of the tent she was leading him to. Truly, it was an honor to find himself with such a well renowned Matriline. He tried to remind himself of that, but if he were being honest, he was just happy to be with Esme.

He kissed her passionately, until she released him. Though her voice was whispered, he recognized an order when he heard it. His military training made it impossible to stop himself from uttering "Yes, ma'am." Though he blushed at the notion.

Taking a deep breath, he bent down and removed his freshly polished boots while she tied the tent's curtain. The sounds of music, along with the giggling of others could be heard coming from outside.

Biting her lip and giggling, she glanced over her shoulder at him. The strength and power she felt was only made stronger by the fact that he didn't hesitate to follow her orders and to address her properly as he did. She knew she would have him, but she also felt she needed to earn him somehow. If he was to be hers, she had to assert herself even more than she had the night before. She had to show him he could trust her enough to give himself to her.

"I do like a man who can take orders," she said as she turned to face him. Looking him up and down, she fought the urge to kiss him again right away, to claim him for her own. He was already hers for the night so there was no need to rush things. However, the night wasn't all she wanted. If she was to have him, she wanted to keep him. If she wasn't to keep him, she wanted to savor the time she did have.

Hooking her finger between the buttons of his jacket, she pulled slightly to urge him closer to her. "I can't decide if I want to undress you... or allow you to undress yourself." While she decided, she pulled him in for another kiss, soft and sweet at first before gradually becoming insistent and needful. While she kissed him, she made her decision clear by unfastening the top button of his jacket, then the next.

Jonathan did not try to resist her, he stepped forward at the slightest urging from her. She seemed to luxuriate in her choices, to either undress him, or have him undress himself. He knew that either way, he'd be undressed and suspected that that knowledge was enjoyable to her as well. For his part, Jonathan only regretted that their time was so limited. Eventually, she would finish Basic, and War College, and then perhaps....

He blinked as he refused to think about it. Better to enjoy these moments while they lasted.

His hands twitched, clearly wanting to help her, but they stayed at his sides, allowing her to undress him.

Meanwhile, he focused on kissing her, passionately.

With his jacket full unbuttoned, she parted their lips just enough so that she had room to loosen his tie. Once the tie was fully undone, she flung it around her own neck with the same expression in her eyes she had when she wrapped him with the scourge. "Hang the jacket," gesturing to a loop that appeared to be a coat hook on the inner frame of the tent. "Thennnn... I think you can undress from there."

Grinning, she sat on the blanket, removed her shoes, and relaxed against the cushions. As she looked up at him, she ran her fingers over and around the tie. It was becoming clear that she had plans to use the item in some way and the mischief in her eyes promised that he'd enjoy every second of it. If she was thinking about anything outside of that very moment and the man in the tent with her, there wasn't a trace of it on her face.

There was something about the way Esme seemed to truly enjoy being in control that truly excited Jonathan. He promptly went to hang his jacket on the hook, but missed in his first attempt when she told him to undress from there. His face turned deep crimson as he realized that she intended to watch him undress. Complicating matters, he had begun to become aroused, the bulge in his pants quite apparent.

He eyed the tie, and gave a shy smile. While he wanted to undress slowly, his hands slight tremble as he unbuttoned his shirt made sure of it. He managed to get it off, and placed it on the same hook. Then, he unfastened his pants and began removing them.

Her heart fluttered within her as he began to nervously unbutton his shirt. When he removed it, her body flushed. Her cheeks and chest turning the same crimson as his face. Unlike Jonathan, she wasn't embarrassed in the slightest. Perhaps it was because she hadn't even begun to reveal any part of her he'd not already seen. However, her arousal was almost as evident as his. Her eyes widened as he removed the last of his clothing.

She stood once again, her gaze never leaving his. "Come here," she whispered, her eyes beckoning him closer. They were impossibly green, matching emeralds that shone in the candlelight. Breathing almost ceased as she ran trembling fingers over his shoulders and down his arms, then across his chest and down his abdomen. "You are... even more perfect than I'd imagined." But she certainly imagined him.

Looking up at him, she whispered, "Undress me." The corset bodice of her dress appeared easy enough to unlace and from there, it seemed to slip off.

Though she whispered, her tone had the same effect on Jonathan, not to mention her eyes. He started immediately walking towards her, his muscles rippling beneath his skin with every step he took. Yes, he flexed his abs so that she could see them, but why shouldn't he want her to desire him? Her compliments made him feel good, wanted, appreciated. Goosebumps formed on his skin where her fingers traced.

He wanted to be hers.

Then she asked him to undress her, and presented him with the lacing of her corset. His fingers trembled, he felt like he was all thumbs, but he clumsily managed to unlace and slip off her corset, freeing the rest of her garments.

As her dress fell away, it became clear that she came to the dance not wearing anything beneath it. By the time she stood naked before him, she was nearly shaking with an excitement that was difficult to control and barely reigned in. Her witch's mark, akin to a bird in flight as all other Farrington witches, was placed perfectly centered between her breasts and just a bit lower than even the most indecent article of clothing would show.

She knew that with one touch from his hands, the dam would break, the floodgates would open, and she wouldn't be able to hold back the aching need for him. "Kiss me," she whispered as her green eyes practically glowed. She began to wonder how many times he'd been in this situation before. Not for any insecurity of her lack of experience, but in a way that seemed to feel uncertain if he knew how to be careful with her. While she trusted he wouldn't be rough with her knowing that she was new to this, she didn't know how gentle he had to be. She wanted him to take it slow but her own desire for him screamed for urgency and she knew she could not be trusted to control the progress of their coupling.

"Kiss me. Then lay me down." She swallowed hard, "I will let you take control from there." Firm in the knowledge that she would be taking back her power before the night was over, she added, "Until I wish it otherwise." With that, she made it clear that relinquishing herself to his whim was temporary.

Back
Top Bottom