Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

from the edge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Kaguya didn’t skip a beat, dipping her brush into the inkwell, removing the excess before continuing writing. “Of course, I’ll have them informed that I’ll be abstaining from the excursion.”

Kaguya nodded once more, finding sending them away too much of a punishment, but she kept it to herself. She finished the document and carefully set it aside to let the ink dry. “Is there anything you need from me before I start my afternoon duties, Lord Douma?”

“Then I will finish my duties quickly and return to your side.” She bowed to him, then headed off to start on her daily tasks. She too enjoyed spending time with Douma, finding she felt more genuine when she was with him than anything. It was only a few hours before she finished, heading back to Douma’s lounge room.

He was still there, smiling from ear to ear when she came back. He pet her head gently when she sat beside him, liking that she was so close.

Kaguya enjoyed the small affection, allowing for him to pet her hair, despite if it ruffled it a bit. “Is there anything I can do for you, my Lord?”

“As you wish.” She said, staying at his side in silence. After a while, Kaguya shifted beside him, then moved to lay her head in his lap, already tired from that days work.

He stared down at her, heart pounding in his ears. He could devour her right now. Just absorb her and that would be the end. But, oddly, he didn't have the heart to.

He had grown fond of her, or as fond as one could grow with no emotions; she was more of a cherished pet, a loyal one. Kaguya closed her eyes, enjoying the chance to rest her head and eyes, unaware of the danger she was in.

It was like playing a game of cat and mouse, only the mouse was teasing the cat; it was exhilarating to have such a delicate morsel just within reach, but to wait to eat it. Perhaps he could eat her after all? She was no longer a child, now a full grown adult, a prime selection for consumption.

Kaguya would rest there for a while, dosing in and out on his lap, completely at ease in his presence. She had gotten used to the strong smell of blood that clung to him, finding it strangely comforting now.

Kaguya opened her eyes groggily, sitting up and nodding. “What of the rest of my duties?” She asked, rubbing sleep from her eyes.

He shook his head, "I'll take care of them." He said. What? Would he really? He shouldn't have to worry over work, that's why she was there.

“You shouldn’t be concerning yourself over such menial tasks, I can complete them before I retire.” She said.

She bowed her head, grateful for the leniency. “I’ll make sure they’re done by the end of the night.” She said, excusing herself and heading to her bedroom to rest.

Kaguya easily fell asleep once she laid her head on her pillow, too tired to even cover herself with the blanket. Though she worked hard everyday, she didn’t have much of a tolerance for physical labor.

She slept rather restlessly for such a well deserved nap, probably because she didn't feel like she earned it. But her body was screaming at her to wake up, like she was in danger, and when she opened her eyes, she saw the blurry mass that was Douma hovering over her. His long amd sharp nails were extended out over her, right over her neck, ready to strike.

Kaguya was startled to see someone in the room with her, body stiffening before relaxing when she saw it was Douma. She didn’t know why, but even at the threat of him taking her life, she felt very little fear. “Lord Douma..?” She whispered.

Back
Top Bottom