Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A fairy tale Marriage (Shazman & EtherealElvenEmpress)

The pact

Shazman

Planetoid
It was a crisp cold night on the mountain trail. It had been several hours of hiking to get this far, and though Hamund was lucky to have the light of the full moon he still kept a tight grip on his lantern and watched the shadows of the trees warily. The more skittish parts of his mind could swear he could see eyes watching him from the branches in the edges of his vision. It was with good reason that he felt nervousness in his heart. What he was planning to do tonight would easily be considered a great folly by the people of his village. He was traveling far from the safety of his home, of civilization, and into the deep woods. Into the wild. There was more than wolves and bears out here to make a man fearful. This was the realm of the fair folk. Many stories had been told to him as a child of what happened when you crossed paths with one. Mischievous, inscrutable, an capricious. Tricksters and curse bringers. Immortal beings of the wilds, wielders of old magics that delight in the games they play with mere mortals.

He was warned as a boy of how they would spirit away naughty children, never to be seen again. And as a young man he heard hushed stories of how their attention could ruin men's lives. To set someone to sleep an wake only when decades had passed an all their friends and family were gone. To transform them into deer and set their own hunting hounds upon them. How they might take memories of their own kin from them and make them a stranger in their own home. Steal their very names. Or even set plagues upon a village for a slight. All these frightening tales and more. Warnings of why one should never ever venture into the wilds alone. Why they should fear that forest and never travel at night.

And why you should never. Ever. Make a pact with one.

In spite of that trepidation he still pressed on. To do that very thing. He had too. He was desperate. Time was against him, and a life he held very dear to him was on the line. He told his not his siblings or his neighbors where he was going before he left. Leaving only a note to find if he never returned. They would have tried to stop him if he did. His destination was somewhere deep in the woods, up the mountain path. There in, local legend told of a place where one might meet such a creature of the fair folk. A grove where the owls gathered. There you would find such a grove just above the valley, that opened to a pond that could only be found when illuminated by the light of the moon.

It was a gamble. He didn't even know if such a place truly existed. But if by luck or the fates, he did finally happen upon it. A cool wind breezed through the grove when he reached the ponds edge, pulling gently at his overcoat as he stared out over the silver light reflected on the pool. A haggard breath escaped him, and he felt final hesitation. Years of folklore retold to him warned him of what was to come next. But when he thought of home, and what else he was to loose if turned back now...

He shook his head and undid the clasp of his pack. No, he was committed now. "Too late to turn back anyway Hamund." He muttered and retrieved what he was looking for. He remembered the steps told to him by the old codgers over the hearthfire. Burn a bit of incense, present a braid of white flowers and an offering. He had the first set out, lit the incense and set the flowers to its side. Moon lily's. A rare plant that only bloomed once a month. It had been a devil to find enough of them to weave together but he figured it better to pick out a plant with some value to it. And last the offering, something that was supposed to be the color of her hair. For that he brought out a cage containing with a bright scarlet red summer Tanger bird. That had been the hardest to get his hands on and required some patience and a lot of bird seed as bait.

He set all of this out on the ponds edge, and waited.

... And waited.

Last edited:
Up in these lands trees and hidden groves were vast. It was rare humans ventured this far out into the wilderness. The fae knew these lands belonged to them. The magic in these lay lines ran deep. The deep forest itself to anyone felt like it was breathing. The land out here was alive. Humans could sense its power. The deeper they went the stronger it.

This was were Viyan called home. She lived deep in these woods. Far away from human contact and considering what she wants this was a life she didn’t like leading. With the powers she was born with it was best to stay as far from humans as possible since they constantly would seek out any fae like herself. She was new to this line of work. The only daughter and her family this gift was handed to. To the dismay of her sisters all of them wanted this gift except for Viyan. How she wished she could’ve been a flower fairy or one to grant hopes and dreams to children but no she was granted the power of granting wishes. It was a heavy burden and it took a toll on her. When she came of age her gifts begin to manifest as her great grandmother‘s wish granting began fading hers was growing. Within the fae community it was rare to have more than one wish granting fae. When one was born the elder began to fade and no one expected Viyan to be the one to get the gift. It was when she came of age her great grandmother began fading. As was the life of fae like hers. Fading was not like dying it was just her powers big passed on to the successor. Her great grandmother still could grant wishes but they were not as powerful as hers. Her powers would not fade completely until she herself had granted her first wish as her trial.

This pond hidden away was her new home. Figuring no human would be crazy enough to venture this far for her to grant a wish this novice wish grantor figured she was safe for at least a few centuries so she could relax out here. Give her great grandmother the retirement she needed.

That she was lounging by the water’s edge. Wearing it look like to be the winds gift as clothing. For now she was relaxed but that would not last long as she noticed a human approaching an edge of her pond. Was this man lost? What was he doing? Her sapphire blue eyes watched him with trepidation.

Thinking he might just be fishing. That was silly of her to think why would a human come this far to fish and it’ll be hard enough for him to return back to his home. This pond was so hidden away humans rarely found it if ever. for now this sylph said nothing only watching with intrigue.

He began to place a rare flower at the ponds edge. Even she rarely saw this bloom edit peaked her interest especially since this human had one. Not just one a garland!

Moon’s Lily with the sweet smell of incense. That got her to slowly move closer to see what he was doing. For now her wings were hidden away. Fae could choose whether or not they let them be seen or not in right now she was lounging in the water and didn’t feel like getting them wet or letting them take the time to dry.

Curiosity got the best of her as she moved even closer and decided to speak. “ you look very lost. Did you lose your way?” Her soft soprano Voice asked and she kept her distance watching every move he made. Perhaps he was lost and he wanted to know why since he had yet to say anything only placed an offering. She was told to be careful about granting wishes and only take ones that were worthy. If this man was lost and trying to summon a different type of Fae she had to find out. Obviously it couldn’t be her. No one had been out this way in centuries. Her great grandmother told her that.

The closer she got it was only then she saw a bird that matched the same color of the long tresses of her hair. That was when she made sure to keep the distance between him and her. Could he be here for her?

No. He couldn’t be! She had just started how would he even know that she had scarlet hair? Who could’ve told him? Her great grandmother had hair as dark as a ravens feathers. For a human to already know about her someone must have tipped him off but that was something she could find out later.

“One from the realm of humans what brings you out this far?” This time her voice carried an air of authority. She demanded but didn’t push. The fae were taught not to scare the mortals but also be careful with whom you talk with. Especially ones like herself with a power as great as hers she had to be careful. With the strange human with such rare offerings there is no question about why he was here.

Viyan was full of questions and all she wanted to do was ask and gather all the answers. But for now that is all she said as she swam closer to the ponds edge. The disguise wingless sylph kept this form to see what he would say or ask her. Also to see if he even noticed the color of her hair with the matching moon lily flowers that decorated and stood out in her scarlet hair. It indeed matched his tanger bird. She was there to see how well he would notice the small details of everything around him. If he didn’t he would not be worthy of giving that information freely to.

The smell of wisteria mix with the scent moon lily Garland and his incense creating a beautiful mix a floral scents. The aroma was not overpowering. It was relaxing and almost intoxicating. It also was a perfect lore to get Viyan to venture just a little bit closer to this mysterious human in her domain.

Hearing the first question asked made Hamund jump slightly. Though he couldn't see the speakers who voiced it, for when he heard her question his eyes went to trace the groves edge and canopy having thought she would approach him from on high. Never did he think to look at the waters surface. And so he was left to ponder if he had simply imagined the voice in his head from his own nervousness.

Then a plum of water and the voice came back, louder this time and with weight to it. It was there that he saw the fae creature floating in the pond before him. He stepped back slightly, watching the woman in the water. The descriptions of her were not exactly the same as what he'd heard in legend, though he could not know if this was the same enchantress from centuries past. Yet still, the hallmarks of what he had been told to watch for were there. And a part of him flushed a bit when he realized how pretty she looked.

Then after some time he awkwardly called back out to her. "H-hello? I don't mean to intrude..." He swallowed nervously, but stood straighter. His broad shoulders flattened out as he began to project more. "My name is Hamund Hunt..." He gave another pause. "I d-don't want to be a bother but... I've come hoping I might ask a favor..." He took his hat off, gripping it tightly in both hands. Not sure which he feared more, that no one would answer, or that someone would. " You see... M-my mother is sick... and I was told, or at least heard that... you might be able to help her?"

It was good strategy on her behalf. No one would ever look for her in the water and it was a nice night to go swimming anyways and to relax her wings. “ I wouldn’t say you are a bother I would say you must be a bit lost. Do you even know where you are?” Viyan asked still keeping her distance.

Watching his posture change as he spoke made her more curious. Silence filled the pond area as she listens carefully to his question. The sylph was taught to never show her true form at first Ashley masqueraded as a water nymph watching him. “ What ails your mother human? And if you seek my help or any help out in these woods you know that help is not free. Why would you ask for help out here? You’ve come very far. What is the outcome you seek?” Her voice still soft and sweet but very serious as she swam a bit closer to see what he looked like and what he was offering on the shore. He had such lovely offerings and she could not help but be intrigued by them.

That beautiful scarlet bird had her attention the most and the flowers matched what she had in her hair. She did not offer her name but he offered his. “Hamund Hunt….. you should know a name is your own and you should not offer it as freely without knowing who you are offering it to. Human still haven’t learnt have they?” Viyan asked that was not expecting an answer as she watched and listened ever so carefully. This was her first chance and she couldn’t help but be nervous that she could not show him how nervous she was. Sting in the waters kept the element of surprise which means he might give her more information to figure out what he desired.

How sick was his mother? Was she dying? Did she wish for youth? Wishes could be rather tricky but he was asking a wish for someone else which was admirable of him. Most humans desired things only for themselves but here he was trying to save the woman who birthed him. It was a lovely gesture and a very rare one at that most come this far asking for riches, fame, and fortune. This human had a kind heart and she wanted to learn a little more about him before she revealed her true self to this strange visitor.

He bristled a bit at the admonishment of giving out his name. "Well... in fairness miss'n. I didn't offer my name so much as to tell you what it is." Hamund was a lot of things, but he wasn't that daft. He knew old tales of fair folk stealing the names of people when they asked for it. Better then to preempt the question he had thought.

But he wasn't going to argue the point right now and risk upsetting the enchantress. Not when the life of a loved one was on the line. More to the point, he needed to be precise in how he worded his request. Myths always told of spirits of the woods having "Creative" misinterpretations of their pacts. "Aye, I know what I ask will not come cheap." He placed his hat back upon his head. Normally it was a habit of his to wring it when anxious, but he did not wish to show any obvious signs of his fear right now. He'd come to this grove expecting never to come back.

Steeling his heart, he continued. "Me mother is ailed by the Whooping Cough. And at her age I fear she'll not have the strength to out last the sickness 'fore it takes her. My wish then be this: I would ask ye to purge this sickness from her lungs and make her hale and hearty again, so that she might never fear it's return."

His reaction brought out a fairy like giggle from the sylph. He was correct with his name since she didn’t ask and that meant he was not bound to her. “You are more than right Hamund Hunt. I did not ask.” She listened to his wish and fell dead silent. Weighing the options she had. “A life. For a life to be saved the price is steep.” Letting That knowledge and information sink in.

“ that is a big ask Hamund. It is something that can be done but are you willing to pay the price for something that’s steep. How old is your mother? How much time do you think she has left on her sundial?” Viyan asked. She knew mortals lives were fleeting. Just like a sunset and he wanted to see if someone who was up in the years. She knew that she could easily grant this wish no problem especially with what disease he mentioned. Many prayed to their kind to save loved ones but none had made the journey like this human. She would grant him an audience especially since he brought her offerings.

Right now he didn’t know who she was naughty give him the opportunity to guess. For all he knew she could be a watered nymph playing games. He did not ask for his mother to be immortal but only healed from this ailment. She was listening to his wording and taking in every small detail.

“It it’s rare to see your kind make it this far into the bush. What did you bring show me.” That was the last thing she said she swim closer to the shore and decided to place yourself not too far from this human to see what he brought. The smell of the incense filled nose. She could hear the song the caged bird sung. “ soon little one soon be patient…” he would hear her speak to the little bird as if she understood it and she did but she was not going to tell him that. He could tell she was listening into what the bird was saying but her focus went back to him. If you look closely he could see the flowers he brought matched what was in her hair giving him some clinician of who she was but right now her identity was still secret and she was ever curious.

Hamund grimaced slightly at her comment of a life's price being steep. "Shes seen fifty three winters." She was still a strong woman, but in their era fifty-three was still pushing their age a bit. Still though, his mother was all him and his siblings had left in this world of their family. "At the very least I would like her to be able to live long enough to see her first grandchild. With how hard she's worked for her children I want her to be able to leave this world with her family able to return her kindness to her."

He stood up straighter, his hazel eyes meeting the enchantress' own. He waited while she examined his offerings and silently he hoped they were enough to entice her favor. "Name your price spirit. What would you ask of me? If it be in my power to give, I would. My family is precious to me in every way, and I would gladly give for them as they have for me."

Watching his stance change as he spoke of this elder matriarch was interesting to see. It looks like some humans did value their elders. This one did. He would see Viyan reach over and easily unlock the cage with the scarlet song bird letting it fly out, but it didn’t fly away. Oh no. It flew out abs chose to right into her upward facing palm.

Her attention turn to a little bird as it sang for her sitting in her palm. “Name my price?” She repeated as she started to stroke the bird gently with two fingers letting it sing to his heart’s content. Turning to meet his hazel eyes she gave her look up and down before she finally spoke yet again.

“A Life for life. That is my price. A new soul for an old soul. I do not grant immortality I only take away ailments. A grant no extra years. I cannot tell you how many she has left. My price for this is a soul for a soul. New and untouched…” it was done he would finally see what looked like air or smoke start rising from her back but when it finished it left six wings. As she explained what she wanted her form was finally able to be seen. “ The price for what I do will cost you your first born child. Your mother will live A very full life until the end but your first born child shall belong to the fae. If you agree to this I shall save your mother if you do not I shall return your offerings to you and you shall leave my domain. Is a contract that she’ll need a drop of your blood. I still give you a few moments to think on it. Take your time this decision you cannot change or take back. Once it is said and done cannot be undone. You will be able to have more children when you so choose but the first one shall Belong to me.” It was then she gave him a moment to think on his decision which is a very big one.

“ Grant me your first born child and your wish shall be fulfilled.” Were her last words given to him for him to consider her offer.

Last edited:
Hamund's eyes widened at the sight of her wings unfurled. And expanded set of translucent things that glittered in the moonlight. He knew, intellectually, that he had been speaking with a creature of magic. It had been a simple factoid lodged in the back of his mind. But it was only now with her ethereal aspects unfurled before him that he could fully appreciate what that meant. Before it felt as if it was a simple conversation with a strange woman in the water.

Now he knew what it was to be in the presence of one of the fair folk.

He gulped and listened closely as she laid out her terms. His first born child...? A beat skipped in his heart. That was... He took the straw hat back on top of his head and pulled it down by its rim, covering his thick curly hair his eyes and nose till only his jaw and the thick Mane of his beard could be seen. "... that is quite the price... you ask of me. Miss'm. A very forward offer even."

To the outside Observer he looked to be deep in thought. In reality though, he was trying his best to hide the blush that he was fighting to keep from forming on his face. If before he was anxious and nervous, now he was feeling downright jittery. Though for this time for completely different reasons. Silently he was asking himself if he had understood the bargain correctly, because he couldn't believe what he thought she was asking of him. He'd always been told that making deals with fair folk would be all kinds of trouble, but they had certainly not prepared him for something like this! Trouble Indeed! He wasn't sure if there was really anything else he could say in counter offer. Unless...

Well this would be a gamble on his interpretation for sure. He wasn't sure how the magic worked but...

With a final sigh he spoke again. "If'n that'll be what it takes..." His heart was pounding in his chest. Uncertainty and trepidation making his heart beat faster. He knew this was going to be a very difficult explanation to his mother and his siblings when he got home. Yet still he forged ahead. "... I accept." The second he said those words something shifted in the air between them. Yet before the magic could fade he lifted his hat back up again. His hazel brown eyes meeting her own, face slightly flush but full of determination and heart pounding in his ears. "I accept! If'n for my mothers health my first born is what it will cost, then in turn I'll ask you to be the mother of my child!"

Watching him carefully she was trying to figure out what he would do in such a situation. This was a big decision for anyone especially for humans who seem to always think about every single angle though in hindsight she should’ve thought of her angles and made sure to keep any loopholes out of the way.

Viyan Was still new to all of this and she thought she did a pretty decent job or her first time around. A part of her thought he would say no and run away thinking this was too big of a deal most humans were far too attached to their children. Most of the time they were not willing to even give up one to save I love to family member. Firstborns were coveted in both realms.

As he thought she continued to pet the very beautiful songbird she helped thinking that he would want it back sooner rather than later. Either way she wasn’t going to give the bird back since she couldn’t bear to let this beautiful creature be caged once again. Her wings flutter in the moonlight as she waited his answer and watched every move he made.

“There it’s no mistake I desire your first born. It’s a very big choice and it’s up to you your mother for your first born child son or daughter I’ll accept either.” When he said that he except it Viyan was ready to celebrate until he continued to speak that’s when her beautiful sapphire blue eyes went wide with confusion. “Me!?!? The mother of your child what do you mean by that! That’s not what I said! Was it?” She started to question herself especially after he mentioned her being the mother to his children and to the firstborn that she desired. She had expected him to already be married with a wife and possibly with a child on the way for the grandmother to see but apparently he was not wedded and he chose her to bear his child!

“You… You have it all wrong a fae and a human… that is a silly as a hobbit and an elf! You must have a wife expecting don’t you especially when you’re asking for your mother to be cured. I want your firstborn child not supposed to be with you I think you’re confused.” even the bird in her hand tweeted a very funny tune and she shot it a look as if to say stop mocking me. The only problem with taking this back was he already excepted her terms and fae rules stated you cannot take back I wish you promise to Grant and right now she was stuck between a rock and a moon beam.

If you watch your face he could see the panic set in. The poor sylph was going to have a lot of explaining to do especially to her great grandmother there’s gotta be a way out of this she thought but she honestly didn’t know since the Sealie court was quite strict. “ i’m sure you don’t want me to be the mother of your child that is silly. Maybe he made a mistake and hopefully he’d change his choice in her. “Don’t you have a human wife? I think she would not like you bringing home a second wife?”

The hat shifted down Hamun's face again. "... 'Fraid not." Was his reply. "I'm unmarried as I am. Nor do I have anyone I'm wooing to be my wife." He was playing a dangerous game right now. Hamund was not a devious man by nature. But he was an honest man. Honesty had served himwell all his life. Weilded it as sword and shield. And sometimes honest truths were the most damning at all. "Nor was I making plans to find a wife."

He cleared his throat, thanking his lucky stars for his hate to hide the frantic creasing of his brow. He was haggling. Haggling with the only bit of leverage he had to try and make her change the terms. "Annnnd with the debt I'd incur from this pact, I'll likely not be making any plans to find a wife for a long time neither." He inhaled, then flipped his hat up and forced himself to smirk. Showing a confidence he didn't entirely have but was willing to fake it till he made it. "So... how else did you expect me to fulfill my end of the bargain? Unless yer willing to fulfill the role yourself? I can't magic a baby from air after all."

The silence was deafening as Viyan listened when he said he had no wife or plans for one. Hammund was suddenly more of a worry than victory. He could hear her whispering to the little bird before it fluttered off vanishing off into the moonlit skies.

What was shared beteeen bird and fae was a secret but Vayun was going to try to right this catastrophe before the little song bird returned. “You are a human and I am not. That is clear. There must be a human you fancy. Surely someone you care for that is…” her hands waved and wiggled searching for the right words. PHe was a wild card this one. Humans were tricky sometimes and maybe this one was trying to trick her but he sounded serious.

Those sapphire blues locked with his hazel eyes trying to see if she could intimidate or stare him down but he had yet to back down or change his story though with his smirk she thought he was trying to pull the wool over her eyes.

“Human men dream of marriage and children. Don’t you have a lady you desire or one to confess to or am I just there to make one jealous enough to wed you quickly?” Viyan asked trying to push his buttons in hope to get more information out of him and most of all try to stall this misguided pact that could ruin her wish giving career before it even got off the ground!

Last edited:
Hamund shook his head! "Again I am afraid no ma'am." He held up a hand, a small bloody cut on his palm where he had cut himself grabbing a branch as he traveled up the hill earlier. "So unless you are willing suggest an alternative..." He trailed off intentionally.

He wasn't actively trying to force the woman to sleep with him. Just trying to make the packs fall on more favorable terms. Yet still he didn't fully understand how the magic worked. Thus he might have been somewhat unaware that he'd be forced to put his money when his mouth was if he kept this up.

The look on her face was pretty rare for a fae. She was confused but not sure how to get out of this trouble. He had managed to mix up this which it is and choose her in order to get the first born she desired how did this happen?

“ You see you’re a human and I’m not we don’t mix. Fae and human….” Viyan was about to continue talking before that sweet little bird that Hamund brought as an offering returned with what looked like a letter. she’s going to ignore it but the bird was tweeting like crazy and she had to give it the attention it deserves as she lifted her hand and took the letter from its mouth.

Opening that letter she read it and the expression on her face was priceless if he was watching she looked shocked and even huffed. This human and agree to the pact without even thinking. Her face went pale as the full Moon when she read that letter and she put it aside standing up to look Hamund Dead in the eyes. The letter said once a pact was made she couldn’t go back or else it could cause dire consequences and even with this mixup he had excepted and it would make her look horrible if she had to change the stipulations of the deal which she should’ve explained clear to avoid such a mixup.

Her great grandmother was going to kill her. Using the letter she cut the tip of her index finger and held it out to this human. “ Mix our blood to seal the deal. If you wish to. It’s not too late for you to back out.” Wondering if he would change his mind when it came down to it. Did he have any idea what he just said her up for? A first born with her? Maybe he would change his mind at the last minute hoping he pulls him back and perhaps change his mind. If he accepted he had to know how children were made didn’t he?

"Not with my mother's life online. " he said steadfastly and held out his own bloody palm. And that was true he was willing to do just about anything for the sake of his family. Even something he found a little embarrassing such as this.

" You're the one who put out the terms, I'm just agreeing to them. If you want to change them that's on you but my mind is made up. " it was a bluff. It was a bluff he hoped she wouldn't call. That she'd back down and bargain something more agreeable. It was a game to see which one would back down first....

But if neither of them did...

Palm to palm they stood in her wistaria grove. The crack of thunder and a flash of lightning once their blood met and mixed signaled that the deal was done.

Viyan’s Face turned quite a few shades of crimson. “You ask him to save a life cost one that has never changed and that has always been the price I just never met a human who…. Who…. well you know…. humans want to do things for their own kind not mine…” she was talking around the bush and since she needed a soul, A new human soul in exchange to save his mother but she had no idea he wanted to make a child with her most human men would rather go back to one of their women but this one she couldn’t help but blushing think of what she would have to do now. The sylph couldn’t even say the word she was thinking but her face gave it away. “I shan’t go back on my word but I do hope maybe a human female that might strike your interest more than myself….” She could make up a potion to send back with Hamund but this pact was now in place. All she could think was how her great grandmother was going to probably rip off her Wings one by one when she found out what she agreed to with this human

She had taken his hand shook it.

She actually took his hand and shook it!

Hamund tried very hard to focus on the positives rather than the embarrassing aspects of the deal he just made. "so then my mother is healed then?" He asked hopefully. A Knott tightening in his heart. "Will she be free of her illness?"

Without thinking she pulled her hand back in brought it to her chest it still stung a little bit but what was done could not be undone. “It’s not that simple human. I’ll make the potion and you need to take it back to her and I’ll give you the instructions. Give me a moment. What you have brought will help bring me the moon lily offering. I’ll use that to make the potion. She will need to drink all of it even though it will not taste very good. It will cure what ailes her.”

Viyan would start to walk around the water‘s edge picking up with stereo petals and bits and pieces of other flora around. She knew what she was doing but this was a sickness that would be best but a potion would use to make sure it was all out of her system. “Remember this shall not extend her life any longer than it was meant to be it’ll just give her health and keep her well. She will live as she was meant to live for as long as the gods will her to. I have no control over that hour glass do you understand correct?” She asked making sure he understood as she began to pile flowers and herbs into a small area along with seashells that she was going to use for this potion.

It was hard to say why he did what he did next. Perhaps it was the sheer jubilation of his mother's recovery that overcame him in that moment? Perhaps the sudden change in her demeanor had the effect of making her seem more approachable? Or perhaps the confirmation that she would be taking the place of his wife that he subconsciously felt emboldened? Whether it be any one of those reasons or a mix of all three, Hamund suddenly surged forward and enveloped the fae enchantress in a strong hug.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" He cried out with laughter, picking her up and twirling her about. "Thank you so much, oh I can't tell you how much in words this means to me!" He finally placed her back down, treating her to the big goofy smile plastered on his face.

Then he remembered who it was that he was currently embracing. He quickly let go of her with an uttering of "Er... sorry miss."

Viyan had been lost in thought not only due to the potion but due to the fact that this human was now bound to her or was she bound to this human. Up was down. Night was day. Everything was confusing now and she was at a loss of what to do. Well not a full loss she knew she had to make a potion and she had to keep her word.

As she was gathering things she wasn’t expecting for this man to grab her pick her up and hug her so tightly she made a huge squeak. Her reaction wants to put her wings away it made her look more human so her hair stood out more than anything. She was light as a feather small and petite and when he hugged her he could feel how soft her bosom was against his causing her to blush as red as a fully blossomed rose. “KYAAAAA! What are you doing???” She didn’t mean to yell but he caught her off guard and she froze like a doe Who just saw a hunter face-to-face. “you’re welcome just put me down put me down now!“ even though she was yelling at him she sounded rather adorable with her sweet voice that sounds like honey.

When he did put her down for Sapphire blues went wide staring at him not quite sure what to make of him. He wasn’t scary he just looked very silly and he scared the living daylights out of her. Fae we’re not afraid of humans but he did startle her something fierce. “I’m Viyan but call me Vi. I guess you have to call me something anyways…. let me get to work and you’re welcome thank me later once this is done do you always hug everyone?” She just had to ask as she couldn’t help but stare and look him over she wasn’t used to being hugged by humans heck even her own mother was not very much a hugger.

Last edited:
"Not always." Hamund chuckled a little bashfully. Only a partial fib. His upbringing really did lean him towards not shying away from physical affection "But... I really do have to thank you miss." He paused and then amended his statement. "... Thank you Vi."

He waited patiently as the enchantress got to work, not wishing to interrupt her. Only when she neared completion of her magic elixir that he dared to speak again. "So... What is next then?"

Her hands were busy as well as the little red bird he offered. Gathering what she needed. Other creatures helped without asking and brought her the needed items. Hammund was able to see her powers at work.

D4EEB0CC-D5F6-4772-8214-7C7A094D5BE7.jpeg
The power surging from get fingertips matching the backdrop of wisteria as her elixir of life was taking form before the human she was bound to watched at the sylph magic took place.

“She drinks this.” As she finished the elixir she placed it in an easy portable fairy bottle. “Do not let her waste any of it. Drink every drop or they gift will not work. When you give her the potion let my magic run its course. It shall not take long. Give it to her alone. Do not mention my name or magic. Bring my fairy bottle back to me. Once it’s returned….I need to collect your debt….” That last part had Viyan worried especially since he chose her but it gave her time to get council especially since she was keeping her word. His villages was far enough away wasn’t it? She had about time to ask a sister of three before this got too out of hand. “Now go. You haven’t much time. Wait too long and the magic will fade.” Honestly he had a good three days to give his mother that cure but maybe he’d doddle and get her her out of this strange human pact she accidentally forged.

90ECC8BF-5256-4007-ABD4-1976DC282F1D.jpeg

Hamund nodded attentively and took the bottle from her with the greatest care. The mentioning of "collecting his debt" gave him a slight flush to his cheeks.  That was going to be a difficult thing to explain, and he was finally glad that one of the conditions was that he not  talk with his mother about the deal he had made to get this magical medicine.

... Though knowing his mother she was probably going to worm the answer out of him one way or another

He gave Viyan one last word of thanks and took off down the mountain trail at a much brisker pace, cradling the goal in his hands with extreme delicacy. With luck he might be home by sunrise , possibly before the rest awoke and saw his original note and spare him having to answer some difficult questions of where he'd been and what he'd agreed too.

Once Hamund was on his way all it left for Viyan with her thoughts. How was she going to get out of this? Her great grandmother wouldn’t approve of this. She wasn’t even married and here she was….she’d get the first born she asked for but it would also be her first born.

Of human and fae. When Hamund would return she would have no choice than to take him to the elders in her family. She couldn’t hide a human from them forever. Especially not one…oh she couldn’t even say it! Humans couldn’t magic a child i to existence and neither could Viyan. How was this going to work? What were they gong to do? Her great grandmother had to know! Maybe even a way to fox this but her potion was already on its way to save his mother but maybe they could find another way?

Now it was her turn to wait with uncertainty for Hamund.

Hamund raced back down the mountain as fast as the trail would allow. He cradled the bottle close to his chest as he marched. It wouldn't have done at all to drop the thing at this point and have it shatter after the deal he just made to get it. Still, a trip that had taken him four hours to make it up the mountain only took two to reach the base. The first rays of sunlight we starting to peak across the sky when he finally laid sight on the village outskirts. Hamund, feeling a little ragged by this point, felt his spirits lift when he saw the road and the edges of the farm fields.

From then he quickly made his run through the collection of houses towards his families farm. A few early risers made notice of his passage, the dirty state of his clothes and the fact that he was entering the village from its opposite end and promptly tried to flag him down. He didn't answer back though, less concerned with possible village gossip than he was with getting the cure to his waiting mother's side.

Breath finally started to reach him as he made his way down a field of still growing wheat right up to the threashold of his farm. It was his sister, the golden haired Rita, that spotted him as he came in. "Hamund? What are you doing out so early. And where have you been? You're covered in mud!?" "No time to explain. I need to see mother. now!" Cutting off any further protest Hamund raced into their mothers bedroom to give her the fae potion. The woman, greying and withered by sickness and barely lucid, didn't even stir as the potion bottle was put to her lips. Still he made her drink it slowly. Every last drop. Then when no more liquid was left he retired back to common room and put his head down on the table and finally lost the battle against stress and fatigue to stay awake while he waited for the faerie's magic to do it's work.

Back
Top Bottom